PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 9, 2016

gschwendt
01-13-2015, 08:30 AM
Only one UvU game this week, #2 Florida vs #1 Texas, however that game is planned to be played tonight. Deadline will be Friday, 1/16, at 7am CT.

Welcome to Week 9!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #2 Florida Gators (5-0) ===============
Last week the Gators were idle.
This week, the Gators will host #1 Texas (7-0).
In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Anthony Newton has committed to Florida

=============== #16 LSU Tigers (5-1) ===============
Last week, LSU won 80-24 against Arkansas (0-5).
This week, the Tigers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LT Zach McKenzie has committed to Pittsburgh

=============== South Alabama Jaguars (3-2) ===============
Last week, South Alabama won 24-21 against UL Monroe (4-3).
This week, the Jaguars will host UL Lafayette (1-6).
In recruiting news, the following South Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Steve Woods has committed to Pittsburgh
- (***) CB Jermaine Riley has committed to South Alabama

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (5-0) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 45-24 against Georgia (3-5).
This week, the Ducks travel to Berkeley to face the #12 California Golden Bears (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Billy Harris has committed to Mississippi State
- (****) FS James Tyler has committed to Washington
- (****) C Tyler Wilkerson has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (7-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 52-45 against Alabama (6-2).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Gainesville to face the #2 Florida Gators (5-0).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LG Stephen Terry has committed to Texas

=============== UAB Blazers (4-2) ===============
Last week, UAB won 31-24 against Troy (2-3).
This week, the Blazers will host UL Monroe (4-3).
In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) RE Dan Luke has committed to UMass

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (3-2) ===============
Last week, Fresno State lost 38-28 against Wisconsin (4-3).
This week, the Bulldogs will host Michigan State (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Fresno State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Phil Waters has committed to Indiana
- (****) LE Ben Howard has committed to Fresno State
- (****) LE Matt Lane has committed to Fresno State
- (****) P Stephen Cain has committed to Fresno State

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (0-5) ===============
Last week, Arkansas lost 80-24 against LSU (5-1).
This week, the Razorbacks will host South Carolina (3-3).
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) FS Nick Hill has committed to Oklahoma State
- (**) LT John Willis has committed to Arkansas

=============== #6 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 59-10 against California (4-2).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to College Park to face the #22 Maryland Terrapins (4-1).

=============== #7 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-1) ===============
Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
This week, the Buckeyes will host Minnesota (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Andre Massey has committed to Ohio State

psusnoop
01-13-2015, 08:17 PM
I will be playing tonight.

gschwendt
01-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Papa and I set to kickoff
http://twitch.tv/gschwendt

JeffHCross
01-13-2015, 10:41 PM
I'll be playing in the morning

JeffHCross
01-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Ohio State starts off the game on a bit of a National Championship hangover, struggling to find any offense in the early goings and putting themselves in a 14-3 hole before scoring just before halftime to close the gap to 14-10. Of course, their quarterback struggles came to the forefront again when Torrance Gibson threw an ugly INT on the first play of the second half, but the defense held and kept the gap at 17-10 after a field goal.

Ohio State's running game was able to get going as the second half wore on, though an opportunity to put the game away was lost when a Gibson fumble on a Triple Option was recovered inside the Minnesota 10. Minnesota was able to tie the game at 24 with 32 seconds remaining, and the Buckeyes only had one timeout left. But the freshman stepped up, as Gibson was responsible for all but 10 yards on the ensuing 62 yard drive, going 2/2 for 32 yards in the final ten seconds. A spike stopped the clock with 1 second remaining, and Carl Bentley's 41 yard field goal bounce on the inside of the upright and went through to win the game!

Kris Davis was again the workhorse, rushing 21 times for 179 yards and 2 TDs. Jason Roberson started the game at QB for the second consecutive week, but was 0/2 with a stupid sack before leaving the game with a concussion in the first quarter.

JeffHCross
01-14-2015, 11:24 AM
I'm going to have to finish my recruiting either tonight (after 9:30) or tomorrow morning. G, text me if we're getting close to an advance tonight, and I'll make sure to do it after I get home.

JBHuskers
01-14-2015, 07:37 PM
Poor clock management helps South Alabama avoid overtime and defeats ULL in a game with no defense 62-59. ULL runs no huddle and hit a pass short of the first down with :13 left. Instead of calling a timeout and going to overtime, they go no huddle and the QB fumbled. There was a total of 1314 yards in this game.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

skipwondah33
01-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Man E can recruit his ass off. Just realized the guys he got lol

marcotte14
01-14-2015, 09:39 PM
http://easw.easports.com:8096/media2011/ncaa14/1376470/NCA14PS3_122_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_mDS.jpg

Oregon wins a shootout at Cal 62-45. Both defensive coordinators wanted to pull their hair out during the entire game as both offenses moved the ball at will. Both teams went score for score when finally the Ducks defensive was able to force some punts and get a turnover to extend the lead.

The Ducks were led by freshman QB Jermaine Scott who possibly played his best game of the year passing for 421 yards and 3 touchdowns on 44 attempts. Scott also had 111 yards on the ground with 2 touchdowns. Leading rusher for the Ducks was RB DJ Riggins with 20 car for 145 yards and 3 scores.

For the Ducks, it looks like they put it all together offensively putting up 726 yards of total offense, however the defense is something to be desired giving up almost 500 total yards and numerous missed tackles. Next week the Ducks try to continue their winning streak as they go back to Eugene to face Maryland.

JeffHCross
01-14-2015, 09:58 PM
Man, marcotte. I definitely wish I'd snuck up on you and signed Jermaine Scott. I'm struggling hard to pass the ball.

Man E can recruit his ass off. Just realized the guys he got lolI'm pretty sure E's not recruiting. I may be wrong though.

JeffHCross
01-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Though both my quarterbacks have better THP/THA ratings than Scott, so that's clearly not my problem. Guess I'll find out in Week 13. :D

marcotte14
01-14-2015, 10:36 PM
I think it was just one of those games that he was pretty accurate. Last week against Georgia it was a different story, over throwing receivers by 10 yards on multiple occasions.

gschwendt
01-15-2015, 06:47 AM
Remaining:

UAB vs UL Monroe

skipwondah33
01-15-2015, 08:58 AM
Damn I'm just seeing score of your game G. Sounds like it was a good one

Papa,

We are up next week. Not sure if texting is best way to schedule with you...if so I don't have your number lol

I'm usually free after 8:30 pm - 11:00 or so est during the week.

On weekends usually anytime with sufficient notice, though that of course if subject to change with according to my wife.

JeffHCross
01-15-2015, 09:30 AM
Skip, I'll send you his number. Texting is definitely best for him.

Ohio State is Ready to Advance.

psusnoop
01-15-2015, 09:53 PM
PSU is ready to advance.

PSU goes in Maryland and smacks them around 42-13. PSU was led by L. Brown going 25-28 for 211yds and 2TD's. Freshman HB Edwards carried the ball 16 times for 135yds and 3TD's and also added 6 catches for 29yds and 1TD. The Freshman HB is starting to gain some confidence and has all but taken away all the carries from SR HB Warren. Warren though continues to impress in special teams with some solid numbers 5 returns for 116yds (3 kickoffs and 2 Punt returns).

gschwendt
01-16-2015, 07:06 AM
Yeah... I was expecting Papa to come in and post a recap. I'm traveling but I'm going to try to create a twitch highlight of the final drive to show how close the game really was.

gschwendt
01-16-2015, 07:28 AM

Yeah... I was expecting Papa to come in and post a recap. I'm traveling but I'm going to try to create a twitch highlight of the final drive to show how close the game really was.
Here's the final minute from our game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcanTycqNdA

skipwondah33
01-16-2015, 08:39 AM
Wow!!

Not that the easy dropped interception on the first play didn't really hurt

But then you had one of the dreaded " at the wrong time, impossible to bring down, always gets the extra yards needed, broken tackle" type animation. Had he just gotten tackled like any other time could have attempted a FG

Helluva game though

Thanks for posting that G