PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones (TV Series) (Spoiler warning: All aired episodes are fair game)

souljahbill
01-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Any other fans of the show here?
http://youtu.be/s7L2PVdrb_8

All aired episodes of the show can be discussed freely. Anything from the books that hasn't been shown on television must be marked as a spoiler.

Marlowe
01-05-2015, 09:32 AM
*raises hand*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudy
01-05-2015, 01:56 PM
Love the TV series. I started reading the books after the TV show to help fill in the holes when I was frustrated by a lack of character info or background. I must say the TV show does things a little differently but I enjoy the TV show more than the books. I stopped reading about 2/3 of the way through book 3 since I didn't want spoilers for the TV show. The timelines aren't the same. Can't wait for the next season!

souljahbill
01-05-2015, 03:53 PM
I thought I'd be alone here for a second. Glad there's someone here to talk shop once Season 5 drops.

souljahbill
01-06-2015, 06:55 AM
Season 5 trailer to be shown at IMAX

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/06/business/game-of-thrones-takes-a-trailer-of-its-new-season-to-imax.html?module=Search&mabReward=relbias:r,%7B%222%22:%22RI:18%22%7D&_r=2&referrer=

Marlowe
01-07-2015, 08:53 AM
Love the TV series. I started reading the books after the TV show to help fill in the holes when I was frustrated by a lack of character info or background. I must say the TV show does things a little differently but I enjoy the TV show more than the books. I stopped reading about 2/3 of the way through book 3 since I didn't want spoilers for the TV show. The timelines aren't the same. Can't wait for the next season!

Lol wait til book 4. I have to say it's been a tough read. Started it after season 4 ended and still reading it.

souljahbill
01-07-2015, 09:14 AM
How do you guys have time to read books?

Rudy
01-07-2015, 11:22 AM
I read quite a bit more than I used to. Providence of Fire out next week. Looking forward to it.

Rudy
01-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Season 5 starts April 12th. I don't think we get all the characters this season. Some won't be around. Curious to see if they pass the books. They said they are sticking with 7 seasons.

souljahbill
01-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Damn. April is forever away!

Marlowe
01-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Yea sounds like they may have combined certain characters into one

morsdraconis
01-09-2015, 05:31 AM
That's why I decided not to read the books at all. I have a feeling the book readers are about to get pissed with the next season because of all the changes they're having to make to make it work for TV.

Rudy
01-09-2015, 06:05 AM
Yea sounds like they may have combined certain characters into one

They already did with stannis bastard son. He actually represents two people from the book but I think it's better that way. Too many useless characters in the book. And the scenes with Arya and Tywin in season two were fantastic and never in the books either.

Marlowe
01-27-2015, 01:01 PM
Yeah I don't think either of those were done in a bad way. The Arya/Tywin interaction was actually more interesting than the Arya/Roose Bolton one in the book.

Marlowe
01-30-2015, 12:12 PM
http://youtu.be/x6XBzwQpbbU

oweb26
01-30-2015, 01:17 PM
That's why I decided not to read the books at all. I have a feeling the book readers are about to get pissed with the next season because of all the changes they're having to make to make it work for TV.

They will have to alter some stuff for TV anyway because frankly the last couple of books were kinda boring and would be bad TV after such a build up.

souljahbill
03-30-2015, 09:15 AM
I've been watching the season marathons on HBO2 the last few Sundays. Season 3 is next Sunday with Season 4 leading right into the Season 5 premiere.

Marlowe
04-01-2015, 09:35 AM

Book readers are going to be pissed regardless. Producers have already stated the show will spoil the ending for readers.

souljahbill
04-11-2015, 07:29 AM
2-minute refresher for the S5 premiere
http://youtu.be/x9bVpkigy5s

jaymo76
04-12-2015, 01:17 PM
So ready for tonight. My wife I and I rarely watch shows when they are on TV. Rather we PVR them for a later date. However, not tonight as we will be watching for sure.

souljahbill
04-12-2015, 01:26 PM
So ready for tonight. My wife I and I rarely watch shows when they are on TV. Rather we PVR them for a later date. However, not tonight as we will be watching for sure.

I'm watching the S4 Marathon as I type this. My ass is glued to the couch today.

Rudy
04-12-2015, 05:27 PM
I watched the last episode and parts of season 4. Will definitely watching this tonight. Have to make sure the kids are in bed by 9.

Rudy
04-13-2015, 04:59 AM
Really enjoyed the first episode. Glad they will finally link Danny to Westeros and the Imp. Her character just spins her wheels doing nothing. I think Jon Snow might be my favourite character. No Arya but they can never get everyone in. I thought they did a good job of showing a lot of people without rushing. I always feel like the episodes should be longer lol. I will miss Mance Rayder and I just read that his death and story line is a big change from the books.

souljahbill
04-13-2015, 05:23 AM
That was the fastest hour in television history. Good episode, even for a "reintroduction and set-up the season" episode. I wasn't a fan of Jon Snow until the Battle at the Wall. That's where he changed my mind. Now he's kind of a G. The plot with Littlefinger is the most interesting to me as he's the hardest to predict.

Rudy
04-13-2015, 06:33 AM
That was the fastest hour in television history. Good episode, even for a "reintroduction and set-up the season" episode. I wasn't a fan of Jon Snow until the Battle at the Wall. That's where he changed my mind. Now he's kind of a G. The plot with Littlefinger is the most interesting to me as he's the hardest to predict.

I've read a lot of people aren't Jon Snow fans. I know a guy at work who has read both the books and seen the TV has never been a fan either but both me and the wife have always liked him. Littlefinger is a very interesting prick.

Marlowe
04-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Yea Littlefinger is the pebble that caused the ripple.

jaymo76
04-14-2015, 09:20 PM
Really enjoyed the first episode. Glad they will finally link Danny to Westeros and the Imp. Her character just spins her wheels doing nothing. I think Jon Snow might be my favourite character. No Arya but they can never get everyone in. I thought they did a good job of showing a lot of people without rushing. I always feel like the episodes should be longer lol. I will miss Mance Rayder and I just read that his death and story line is a big change from the books.

Honestly I didn't enjoy it that much. I realize it was a set-up episode of sorts but I just didn't find enough connection to draw me into the story. Plus I really wanted to see a few of the other characters. I suspect next week will be set-up part two and we probably won't have any major events for several weeks. They are really starting to stray from the books too. I guess that was inevitable though. I was hoping that a certain character would... return (and I use that term lightly...). Her return will be amazing when they finally do it.

Rudy
04-14-2015, 09:32 PM
I am not reading the books anymore so I don't care about that. Plus most people feel the last two books were slow and needed things cut or changed.

Marlowe
04-17-2015, 12:12 PM
I'll still read the books. Martin has been hinting at a twist with a few characters so who knows what's going to happen?

I guess it's good to know book readers won't be spoiling stuff for non book readers anymore. They'll be in the same boat soon.

Rudy
04-26-2015, 10:24 PM
I've enjoyed this season so far. But the third episode was more than an hour! Resetting PVR to record longer now. Most episodes are under 55 minutes! Am taping the one at midnight so I can watch the ending.

souljahbill
04-26-2015, 10:47 PM
The warm-up is done. Now the season is starting to cook. Glad not a leak watcher. I'd hate to have to wait 2 more weeks for a new episode.

Sansa is about to go all Cersei on the Boltons.

I was genuinely sad watching Arya fight her feelings over Needle.

Rudy
04-27-2015, 05:15 AM
I've really enjoyed it. Feel bad for Sansa. Turns out I only missed 30 seconds but a very important finish. Curious as to how the Imp story will turn out.

oweb26
04-29-2015, 01:32 PM
I'll still read the books. Martin has been hinting at a twist with a few characters so who knows what's going to happen?

I guess it's good to know book readers won't be spoiling stuff for non book readers anymore. They'll be in the same boat soon.

Which is lame to me.....it has now be what 6years since his last book? Sooo glad I am not invested in the books anymore, I just wondering how much stuff are they going to have to change to make it interesting.. I can't say it enough how boring the last two books were.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

souljahbill
05-17-2015, 09:11 PM
Ramsey is the new Joffrey. That dude who has no redeeming qualities and can't die soon enough.

jaymo76
05-18-2015, 03:32 AM
Ramsey is the new Joffrey. That dude who has no redeeming qualities and can't die soon enough.

A lot of people pretty choked about that scene at the end. Wrong person violated and what really happened was far, far worse (according to the book). This season has seen extreme changes from book to show. The biggest differences are having characters do things in the show that others did in the book.

I am still watching but my wife has just hated this season due to all of the errors and omissions.

Rudy
05-18-2015, 07:29 AM
My wife was crying at the end of the episode. Ramsey is worse than Joffrey. Brutal finish to last night.

A guy at work has actually liked a lot of changes from the book. I can't say myself but I've enjoyed this season.

souljahbill
05-18-2015, 08:55 AM
I know nothing of the books so it's all fresh for me. Whatever happens on tv is my canon.

Rudy
05-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Having read 2.7 books AFTER watching the first 3 seasons I actually think the TV show is better than the books as it eliminates a lot of the unnecessary fluff. And I like reading longer fantasy books. But some of the extra details on characters that barely matter tended to slow the books down a little too much.

I've read the TV watchers have found the show a bit too slow up to this point (not me) but the book readers have been shocked at how fast they are blowing through books 4 and 5 and how much is left out.

Rudy
05-27-2015, 04:24 AM
That chick was very hot in the last episode. Very gratuitous nudity that my wife did not appreciate. Very easy to tell the books were written by a guy.

On a story note I'm very happy that Dany and the Imp are together. Maybe Dany actually gets interesting for the first time since she got dragons. I have a bad feeling about Stannis marching to Winterfell.

Marlowe
05-27-2015, 02:03 PM
That chick was very hot in the last episode. Very gratuitous nudity that my wife did not appreciate. Very easy to tell the books were written by a guy.

True but that nudity & scene was all tv writers' doing. I felt like a dirty old man after watching that. That actress is still in her teens.

Rudy
05-27-2015, 04:44 PM
Seriously? That was a teenager? Ouch. I hope you are wrong.

souljahbill
05-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Seriously? That was a teenager? Ouch. I hope you are wrong.

She's 19

steelerfan
05-27-2015, 07:02 PM
Who we talking about? I need a look.

souljahbill
05-28-2015, 04:43 AM
Who we talking about? I need a look.

The one in the middle
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/28/72ae1d79a1f0ef7a548117a7b69d0b8f.jpg
Personal note: I thought she was the best looking one even before she showed the tits. The one with long hair is second and man jaw is 3rd.

Rudy
05-28-2015, 04:48 AM
The thing is I never thought any of them were good looking. It was more of a shock factor when she revealed herself. Great body.

souljahbill
05-28-2015, 07:58 AM
The thing is I never thought any of them were good looking. It was more of a shock factor when she revealed herself. Great body.

I think only Missandei (Dany's intrpreter chick/Grey Worm's love interest) is hotter. I think Missandei is the hottest chick on the show, bar none.

Rudy
05-28-2015, 08:18 AM
She is very hot. The red priestess is too. Margery has a very sultry quality as well.

jaymo76
05-29-2015, 07:34 PM
She is very hot. The red priestess is too. Margery has a very sultry quality as well.

It might be that I am getting older and my taste is maturing... but put me down in the Margery camp. as you put it Rudy, very sultry indeed.

jaymo76
05-30-2015, 12:49 PM
http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-ac0e46e8e3b8b49ba9251608f9558e61?convert_to_webp=t rue

Also worked for me... wish they would have kept this character (Ygritte) as she was feisty. I really disliked her at first but she became one of the best characters near the end of the season.

Rudy
05-30-2015, 03:55 PM
I didn't find ygritte attractive.

Rudy
06-01-2015, 04:28 AM
Great episode last night! Loved finally seeing a white Walker battle and their threat. This is the reason "winter is coming" is so dangerous and the reason the wall was built. The last two episodes are going to be epic with Winterfell. I wonder if we will see Cersei beheaded by the Sparrows.

The Imp with Dany was great too.

Marlowe
06-01-2015, 01:03 PM
If they keep with Cersei's storyline you may get a twofold surprise. If they end where I think they might end this season, ya'll are going to be chompin' at the bit for next season to start. [emoji1]

souljahbill
06-01-2015, 08:10 PM
I didn't find ygritte attractive.

I thought she was pretty and found her accent sexy but I didn't get a chubby when she was naked. She was too skinny.

Sooooooo, how about them White Walkers?
#WinterIsDefinitelyHereNow

Rudy
06-08-2015, 04:33 AM
What a great episode last night. Tons of action. I had never liked Stannis much until he said some nice things about his daughter a few episodes ago. That goodwill is shot to hell now. Good luck commanding troops that hate you now loser.

jaymo76
06-11-2015, 11:11 AM
What a great episode last night. Tons of action. I had never liked Stannis much until he said some nice things about his daughter a few episodes ago. That goodwill is shot to hell now. Good luck commanding troops that hate you now loser.

My wife has offically stopped watching GOTR after the last episode. She was furious about the Stannis situation as it doesn't happen (yet?) in the books. She stormed out of the room and that was that. I think Stannis is now the new most unlikable character...

Rudy
06-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Stannis' death would be fine by me.

souljahbill
06-13-2015, 04:14 AM
My wife has offically stopped watching GOTR after the last episode. She was furious about the Stannis situation as it doesn't happen (yet?) in the books. She stormed out of the room and that was that. I think Stannis is now the new most unlikable character...

I still hate Ramsey more.

Rudy
06-13-2015, 04:51 AM
Is the finale under an hour or is it longer this year?

souljahbill
06-14-2015, 09:24 PM
The amount of crazy in the finale was crazy! #TooMuchCrazy

steelerfan
06-14-2015, 09:29 PM
The amount of crazy in the finale was crazy! #TooMuchCrazy
Lol!

I wish this damn thing would hit Netflix!

Rudy
06-14-2015, 09:55 PM
That finish was brutal. Probably my favourite character. I refuse to believe he is dead. The red priestess will save him somehow.

Can't wait for next year.

souljahbill
06-14-2015, 10:34 PM
Lol!

I wish this damn thing would hit Netflix!

HBO refuses to put anything on Netflix. They have all their series on HBOGO and HBONow which puts all the profits in their pockets.

souljahbill
06-14-2015, 10:38 PM
That finish was brutal. Probably my favourite character. I refuse to believe he is dead. The red priestess will save him somehow.

Can't wait for next year.

The red witch isn't batting 1.000 anymore. She struck out swinging tonight with the Battle at Winterfell. Fortunately for her, she reached 1st anyway by escaping back to Castle Black. I'm not saying she's a fraud now but she ain't what she used to be.

Rudy
06-15-2015, 04:57 AM
Unfortunately I think you are correct.

Marlowe
06-15-2015, 07:44 AM
What did you guys think about the mountain's return?

Marlowe
06-15-2015, 08:08 AM
The red witch isn't batting 1.000 anymore. She struck out swinging tonight with the Battle at Winterfell. Fortunately for her, she reached 1st anyway by escaping back to Castle Black. I'm not saying she's a fraud now but she ain't what she used to be.

Could be she just misinterpreted who Azor Ahai actually is...she thought it was Stannis but her leaving back to the wall kinda reinforced that fact.

Kit Harrington was quoted in an interview saying he won't be back but it could just be the producers blowing smoke. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

souljahbill
06-15-2015, 08:51 AM
Could be she just misinterpreted who Azor Ahai actually is...she thought it was Stannis but her leaving back to the wall kinda reinforced that fact.

Kit Harrington was quoted in an interview saying he won't be back but it could just be the producers blowing smoke. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Maybe. I don't know. Unlike most people, I'm not upset about Jon Snow. The show goes on. I'm interested in what's up with Arya now. Is she really blind? And I'm scared for the zealots in Kings Landing. FrankenMountain is about to wreck shop.

Marlowe
06-15-2015, 12:02 PM
They are doubling back on the arya storyline from the book. In the book she goes blind before starting training.

souljahbill
06-15-2015, 01:14 PM
They are doubling back on the arya storyline from the book. In the book she goes blind before starting training.

So she's blind-blind? Like, actually blind forever?

Rudy
06-15-2015, 03:20 PM
I like the mountain as an evil guy.

Marlowe
06-16-2015, 02:12 PM
So she's blind-blind? Like, actually blind forever?

It's a temp thing so she could learn to use her other senses. The show made it seem like it was punishment. And maybe it was in a way in the books too for her not being able to rid herself of her former identity.

souljahbill
12-12-2015, 05:54 PM
S6 teaser
http://youtu.be/IxI8aPISq8I

April, bitches!

Marlowe
03-28-2016, 01:22 PM
http://youtu.be/dKrhgVFTI6I

Marlowe
04-14-2016, 12:53 PM
http://youtu.be/EI0ib1NErqg

New trailer

souljahbill
04-15-2016, 10:29 AM
A week from Sunday! Time to binge/rewatch season 5

Rudy
04-15-2016, 03:54 PM
I have to rewatch it myself.

jaymo76
04-16-2016, 05:46 PM
The series is sooooo different from the books now. I really hoped a certain mother would have returned but I guess that is not going to happen...

Rudy
04-16-2016, 08:33 PM
They may do 8 seasons now but seasons 7 & 8 are more like one extra long season of 13 episodes total.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3543748/Game-Thrones-showrunners-reveal-final-two-seasons-contain-13-episodes-combined.html

Marlowe
04-19-2016, 01:36 PM
Think the producers would've liked one more final season but HBO is milking this cash cow.

On a sidenote: looks like Tower of Joy stuff from book 1 is in this season from the looks of it.

http://youtu.be/Nqv-UtJQk5Q

souljahbill
04-19-2016, 04:12 PM
Think the producers would've liked one more final season but HBO is milking this cash cow.

On a sidenote: looks like Tower of Joy stuff from book 1 is in this season from the looks of it.

http://youtu.be/Nqv-UtJQk5Q

From what I read before, HBO wants 10 but the producers want 8.

souljahbill
04-25-2016, 05:48 AM
Alright! Now that the reintroduction episode is in the can, we can get cooking. Thoughts about Ep1.

1) When Theon and Sansa got caught, I was nervous as Hades. Glad that worked out.
2) Pod is awesome
3) I have a feeling that going blind is going to make Arya a complete badass.
4) Not that I like watching women be toys for men but the Dothraki having a loophole that keeps Dani safe is disappointing.
5) The old red witch is old. Also, Jon Snow, still dead.

Rudy
04-25-2016, 06:27 AM
Really enjoyed the first episode. And Jon Snow is still dead for episode one. I still firmly believe he's coming back.

Marlowe
04-27-2016, 09:34 AM
The series is sooooo different from the books now. I really hoped a certain mother would have returned but I guess that is not going to happen...

Never say never...they are going back to the Riverlands this season...so... [emoji1]

Marlowe
04-27-2016, 10:17 AM
Alright! Now that the reintroduction episode is in the can, we can get cooking. Thoughts about Ep1.

1) When Theon and Sansa got caught, I was nervous as Hades. Glad that worked out.
2) Pod is awesome
3) I have a feeling that going blind is going to make Arya a complete badass.
4) Not that I like watching women be toys for men but the Dothraki having a loophole that keeps Dani safe is disappointing.
5) The old red witch is old. Also, Jon Snow, still dead.

1. So much for those killer hounds [emoji23]

2. The whores of King's Landing think so too

3. Yes, part of the training but also reveals something important about her. Won't go into it in case they skip it in the show.

4. It is known to book readers. [emoji13] The show just did a bad job of introducing it before (ignoring it) so it feels like a deus ex machina device

5. Lol very old indeed. "I saw him in the flames, fighting at Winterfell."

souljahbill
05-02-2016, 05:43 AM
I posted this on Facebook:http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160502/bdbfa020915f4acb99bcb3107a015845.jpg

Rudy
05-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Great to see Jon Snow come back. I hope Arya plot gets moving. Good episode!

Marlowe
05-03-2016, 08:31 AM
Great to see Jon Snow come back.

Worst kept secret on tv [emoji1]

souljahbill
05-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Worst kept secret on tv [emoji1]

Only because no one believed it would stick, especially since the red witch conveniently showed up right before he died.

souljahbill
06-22-2018, 04:32 AM
The wait for the last season has been unbearable. [emoji17]