PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 1, 2016

gschwendt
12-18-2014, 07:18 PM
We're now at Week 1. No UvU games this week. Deadline is Sunday at 10pm CT.

Welcome to Week 1!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #24 Florida Gators (0-0) ===============
This week, the Gators will host Florida Atlantic (0-0).

=============== LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
This week, the Tigers will host North Texas (0-0).

=============== South Alabama Jaguars (0-0) ===============
This week, the Jaguars will host Southern Miss (0-0).

=============== Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
This week, the Ducks will host Wyoming (0-0).

=============== #25 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
This week, the Longhorns will host SMU (0-0).

=============== UAB Blazers (0-0) ===============
This week, the Blazers will host Marshall (0-0).

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (0-0) ===============
This week, the Bulldogs will host Utah State (0-0).

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0) ===============
This week, the Razorbacks will host Memphis (0-0).

=============== #21 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
This week, the Nittany Lions will host Central Michigan (0-0).

=============== #22 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
This week, the Buckeyes are idle.

JBHuskers
12-18-2014, 07:40 PM
I won't be able to play til Saturday afternoon.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

JeffHCross
12-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Ohio State HB Kris Davis has the third most active career rushing yards in the country, the next closest Juniors are #6 and #18, and he can't even rate first team All-Conference? Talk about getting overlooked.

skipwondah33
12-19-2014, 11:17 AM
LSU pulls away from North Texas in 2nd half, 56-28

The Tigers tinkered and tried to tweak their offense from the past 1-2 seasons but still weren't completely happy with it. So another offseason slight overhaul was done again to the Offense. New formations were added and ones that didn't quite get the job done were removed. The idea was for the offense to become more balanced in all phases.

The first two drives of the season couldn't have went any better with this new Offense, as both scoring drives took atleast 12 plays and featured a mixture of both run and pass. QB Jeff Mosley still threw the ball quite a bit more than we would have liked, also turning it over more times than we would like.

Mosley finished going 31-48, 425 yards, 5 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Quite a few of his passes were simply dropped or completely off target by a substantial amount of distance. Then too some were just bad decisions. The nice balance was that Senior RB Donovan Gray ran for 104 yards on 19 carries with 2 touchdowns. If he can sustain that type of production that adds a better element to the Offense over the past season. Sophomore RB Paul Randall also figures to be involved more in the Offense though he only had 1 carry in this game.

All-American and Biletnikoff winner John Davis torched North Texas for 13 receptions, 227 yards and 3 TD's.

The slightly young Defense really shined although it gave up a good bit of yards, the turnover forcing ability really showed as they came up with 5 interceptions with 1 going back for six in the game. Starting 2 Freshman and 2 Sophomores at the 4 LB spots was something coaches were curious about this offseason but they may have the potential to be even better than Williams and McIntyre of the past.

All-American CB Sean Schroeder added 2 interceptions as well

LSU is on a bye next week, then travels to Eugene to take on a tough Oregon team.

psusnoop
12-19-2014, 07:59 PM
PSU playing tonight

psusnoop
12-20-2014, 07:06 AM
PSU playing tonight

I fell asleep after I got home from work, I will be playing later tonight.

gschwendt
12-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Florida wins their week 1 match against Florida Atlantic 45-24. Key to the win was the new-look rushing offense of the Gators as they amassed 515 yards of offense, 324 of that on the ground. True Freshman HB Isaac Brown showed why the coaches were so excited to get him on the field as he carried the ball 29 times for 130 yards and 4 touchdowns. Fellow new face, QB Jason Rivero, also had a dynamic day carrying the ball 16 times for 128 yards 1 rushing touchdown to go with his 16 of 21 passing for 191 yards and a score.

Defensively, the Gators allowed too many yards on the day but did have two impressive interceptions both in the endzone preventing scores. Leading the way in tackles was stud LB Jason Mitchell with 9 tackles, 2 for loss.

With the win, coach Gschwend earns his 25th win in his career with the Gators and sets up a Top 25 matchup in Week 3 as Florida will travel to State College, PA and face the returning National Champions in #21 Penn State.

psusnoop
12-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Florida wins their week 1 match against Florida Atlantic 45-24. Key to the win was the new-look rushing offense of the Gators as they amassed 515 yards of offense, 324 of that on the ground. True Freshman HB Isaac Brown showed why the coaches were so excited to get him on the field as he carried the ball 29 times for 130 yards and 4 touchdowns. Fellow new face, QB Jason Rivero, also had a dynamic day carrying the ball 16 times for 128 yards 1 rushing touchdown to go with his 16 of 21 passing for 191 yards and a score.

Defensively, the Gators allowed too many yards on the day but did have two impressive interceptions both in the endzone preventing scores. Leading the way in tackles was stud LB Jason Mitchell with 9 tackles, 2 for loss.

With the win, coach Gschwend earns his 25th win in his career with the Gators and sets up a Top 25 matchup in Week 3 as Florida will travel to State College, PA and face the returning National Champions in #21 Penn State.

I have been itching to play my game here today but I need to wait till the boy goes to bed so I'm not distracted. I have a new QB and dual HB's that I gotta figure out some things with.

Looking forward to the game in week 2! Hope it snows in September for your sunny Gator team.

JeffHCross
12-20-2014, 03:05 PM
I feel a lot better that so many other teams are changing their offenses. Not just me!

psusnoop
12-20-2014, 11:38 PM
The lions win 80-21 over CMU

After giving up 64yds rushing on 3 carries by their QB Boone in that first quarter the Lions defense got dialed in and turned up the pressure without bringing pressure.

The Lions were able to hold CMU to 20yds offense in the second quarter and create 2 INT's, the first by SO CB Johnson who is really starting to impress and the second on the last play off the half as Boone scrambled right and threw across his body Hester picked him off and with a beautiful stuff arm and then a spin move took it to the house to get the Lions out to a 38-7 lead and getting the rock to start the second half.

QB Brown 15-19 2TD 1 INT 157yds
QB Edwards 5-7 3TD 0 INT 53yds

HB Edwards 11-148yds 4TD
HB Warren 11-160 1 TD

Hester had 3 tackles 2 INT and 2 Defended passes

Solid performance by all still got some battles at QB and HB but splitting time just may be the answer for the short term.

Big test next week as the Gators roll into town with big aspirations on their mind.

JBHuskers
12-20-2014, 11:49 PM
Sorry. Wasn't feeling well this afternoon. Brown bottle flu. I'll play in the afternoon tomorrow.

steelerfan
12-21-2014, 12:32 AM
Sorry. Wasn't feeling well this afternoon. Brown bottle flu. I'll play in the afternoon tomorrow.

:sf: approves this message.

I #TrustTheScript

JBHuskers
12-21-2014, 12:41 AM
:sf: approves this message.

I #TrustTheScript
The more you know :D

JBHuskers
12-21-2014, 03:16 PM
South Alabama scores a go ahead touchdown with :07 left to win 38-34 overcoming 5 turnovers.

JeffHCross
12-21-2014, 06:19 PM
Fresno State and Arkansas remain. Not sure their status this year