PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 12, 2014

gschwendt
10-05-2014, 09:40 PM
G plays Razor, advance Tuesday.

Welcome to Week 12!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Florida Gators (5-3) ===============
Last week, Florida won 80-13 against Auburn (1-8).
This week, the Gators will host Arkansas (2-6).

=============== LSU Tigers (4-4) ===============
Last week, LSU lost 57-52 against Tennessee (4-5).
This week, the Tigers travel to Auburn to face the Auburn Tigers (1-8).
In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LE Sean Dotson has committed to LSU
- (***) WR John Davis has committed to LSU
- (**) RE Antonio Olson has committed to LSU
- (***) WR Josh Harris has committed to LSU
- (***) MLB Mark Smith has committed to LSU

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-6) ===============
Last week, Nebraska lost 56-29 against Iowa (4-6).
This week, the Cornhuskers travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (2-5).

=============== #24 Oregon Ducks (5-3) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 49-45 against Arizona State (4-3).
This week, the Ducks travel to Tucson to face the Arizona Wildcats (4-3).

=============== #17 Texas Longhorns (7-2) ===============
Last week, Texas lost 76-56 against Wisconsin (8-3).
This week, the Longhorns will host Arizona State (4-3).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) DT Cedric Bryant has committed to Texas

=============== Michigan Wolverines (3-5) ===============
Last week, Michigan lost 39-10 against Maryland (2-5).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (4-6).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Mike Robinson has committed to Michigan

=============== USC Trojans (2-7) ===============
Last week, USC lost 34-0 against Minnesota (8-2).
This week, the Trojans will host UCLA (0-8).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) HB Jahmal Greenwood has committed to USC

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (2-6) ===============
Last week the Razorbacks were idle.
This week, the Razorbacks travel to Gainesville to face the Florida Gators (5-3).

=============== #10 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-2) ===============
Last week, Penn State lost 69-19 against Michigan State (8-0).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (2-6).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) FS Brad Horton has committed to Auburn

=============== #3 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 52-39 against Northwestern (2-6).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to East Lansing to face the #2 Michigan State Spartans (8-0).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C Nate Moore has committed to Ohio State
- (**) LG William Parrish has committed to Ohio State
- (***) RG Carlos Bobo has committed to Ohio State
- (***) CB Derrick Thomas has committed to Ohio State

gschwendt
10-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Razor, we play this week. Let me know if you'll be able to play Monday or Tuesday night. I'd rather play it if you can but if not, let me know and I'll play the CPU.

skipwondah33
10-05-2014, 10:47 PM
LSU hangs on to win 55-52 on a last second GO

Jeff Mosley led the way for the Tigers. Spencer Lawrence added 4 TD's on the ground

The Defense played terribly which isn't new. Couldn't tackle, coverage was a joke as the watched the WR's run away from coverage.

Luckily was able to make a few more plays that Auburn

Wrapped up some recruits this week which we are excited about.

JBHuskers
10-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Advance on Tuesday.

JeffHCross
10-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Ohio State holds on against Michigan State, wins 49-42!

In the ESPN nationally broadcast 3:30 game (Virginia Tech-Miami is GotW? Wow), Ohio State and Michigan State played a game of "Everything you can do, I can do better ... or worse". Almost every Ohio State touchdown (all but one) was followed by a Michigan State touchdown. Unfortunately for Sparty, every Ohio State turnover was followed by either a turnover on downs or a lost football. The single touchdown difference was the difference in the game, as Ohio State won by 7.

For the last minute of the game, it looked like we were heading for overtime. Ohio State, in a position to ice a seven point lead, forced the ball into the end zone and was picked off, giving Michigan State one last chance to come back. Connor Cook picked his way through the Ohio State secondary, but Michigan State WR DeAnthony Arnett was separated from the ball by Ohio State's star defender, MLB Matt Charles. CB Edward Wood pounced on the football before anyone else could react, and Ohio State simply kneeled the ball to end the game.

Michigan State clearly came into the game with a focus to stop Ohio State Heisman candidate Marcus Avery, and they largely succeeded at that. Avery was limited to 101 yards passing, including two interceptions (both in the end zone), and 151 yards rushing. While 151 yards rushing may not seem like limiting the Buckeye's signal caller, and it is above his average per game, Avery was largely shut out in the first half. Instead, it was HB Kris Davis who earned player of the game honors, rushing for 111 yards in the first quarter against the mighty Spartans defense, and 206 total for the game. Combined, three Ohio State halfbacks rushed for 297 yards with a mind-boggling 9 yards per carry.

Keeping with the "I can do better theme", Michigan State's halfback rushed for 120 yards by the first drive in the second quarter, slashing left and right through the Ohio State swiss cheese defense. But the Buckeyes were able to make some stops behind the line in the second half, limiting Williams to 59 yards the rest of the way, for a total of 179 yards. Connor Cook made up some of the slack, throwing for 366 yards and 2 TDs.

The best example of the back and forth nature of this game was the end of the first half, when Ohio State took the ball following a Michigan State turnover on downs, rushed down the field in less than two minutes, and Kris Davis punched it into the end zone with 9 seconds remaining. Williams rushed for 21 yards on Michigan State's first play, and then Connor Cook hit a 54 yard Hail Mary as time expired to tie the game at the half.

Ohio State now goes into the fellow-death-penalty teams part of their schedule, facing Nebraska and Michigan at home and Penn State on the road to finish the season.

gschwendt
10-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Those two players I had issues with scouting 2 weeks ago.

Still happens. They show 6 skills unlocked but never actually reveal any ratings.

I've scouted them 3 different times on Web and console.
Skip, do you have 100% scouting ability unlocked? If so, my recommendation is when you first see it happen on the web, stop scouting on the web for that season. Instead, scout from the console. However, when you scout from the console, it will show the results, but it won't save them so as soon as you move away from that results screen, they'll no longer show. You'll have to manually record them down (like in a spreadsheet or a screenshot) and then determine whether you want to keep them or not.

If you don't have 100% scouting, then you're probably SOL as each time it will probably scout attributes over & over.

skipwondah33
10-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Nah don't believe I do.

No big deal for them just added them since I had points but for future that will he crucial.

gschwendt
10-06-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm going to show a restart... I didn't have the right playbooks selected.

JBHuskers
10-06-2014, 03:43 PM
I'll be playing tomorrow after work.

JeffHCross
10-06-2014, 03:45 PM
JB, just planning ahead for Week 13, I'm still on 2nd shift, so I'll be home by 10 pm (central) every day this week. If nights don't work for you, I don't go to work until noon, so I could start as late as 10 am in the morning.

JBHuskers
10-06-2014, 03:54 PM
JB, just planning ahead for Week 13, I'm still on 2nd shift, so I'll be home by 10 pm (central) every day this week. If nights don't work for you, I don't go to work until noon, so I could start as late as 10 am in the morning.

After 10 works.

JeffHCross
10-06-2014, 10:44 PM
After 10 works.Want to plan on Wednesday night at 10?

JeffHCross
10-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Want to plan on Wednesday night at 10????

JBHuskers
10-07-2014, 11:37 PM
If we're advanced by then.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

gschwendt
10-08-2014, 07:25 AM
If we're advanced by then.

Why wouldn't we? There was a deadline, it has past, we should be advancing now unless someone has given a good reason not to.

JeffHCross
10-08-2014, 11:51 AM
If we're advanced by then. Assuming we go tonight, I can either go tonight or wait until tomorrow. Up to you. Let me know by 9 central, if you can.

JBHuskers
10-08-2014, 11:52 AM
I'll be at Pearl Jam tomorrow. Might be Friday.

JeffHCross
10-08-2014, 11:59 AM
I'll be at Pearl Jam tomorrow. Might be Friday.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.Friday works for me too. I can check here during the day in case plans change.

JBHuskers
10-08-2014, 12:00 PM
I texted Escobar to see if he is playing tonight.

gschwendt
10-08-2014, 10:08 PM
We're ready to advance but I'm pretty sure JB has fallen asleep playing Destiny... he's been in orbit for several hours it seems.

JBHuskers
10-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I was passed out :D in orbit more ways than one.