PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 11, 2014

JeffHCross
10-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Welcome to Week 11!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Florida Gators (4-3) ===============
Last week, Florida lost 52-37 against South Carolina (7-2).
This week, the Gators will host Auburn (1-7).
In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Dustin Burch has committed to Florida
- (***) CB Charles Moore has committed to Florida

=============== LSU Tigers (4-3) ===============
Last week, LSU lost 56-9 against Ole Miss (6-3).
This week, the Tigers will host Tennessee (3-5).

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-5) ===============
Last week, Nebraska lost 73-10 against Wisconsin (7-3).
This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (3-6).
In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) FS Dallas Branch has committed to Nebraska

=============== Oregon Ducks (4-3) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 58-44 against Stanford (7-2).
This week, the Ducks will host #24 Arizona State (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) QB Jermaine Scott has committed to Oregon
- (***) SS John Young has committed to Oregon
- (***) WR Maurice Irvin has committed to Oregon

=============== #12 Texas Longhorns (7-1) ===============
Last week the Longhorns were idle.
This week, the Longhorns travel to Madison to face the #18 Wisconsin Badgers (7-3).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Jonathan Anderson has committed to Texas
- (***) C Ed Morris has committed to Texas

=============== Michigan Wolverines (3-4) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 46-34 against Northwestern (2-5).
This week, the Wolverines will host Maryland (1-5).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Andrew Wheeler has committed to Michigan
- (***) RE Erik Hardy has committed to Michigan

=============== USC Trojans (2-6) ===============
Last week, USC lost 41-20 against Arizona (4-2).
This week, the Trojans will host #21 Minnesota (7-2).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) K James Freeman has committed to Texas A&M

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (2-6) ===============
Last week, Arkansas lost 30-21 against Tennessee (3-5).
This week, the Razorbacks are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) TE Adrian Reese has committed to Arkansas

=============== #7 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 41-31 against Maryland (1-5).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to East Lansing to face the #3 Michigan State Spartans (7-0).

=============== #4 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 49-35 against Iowa (3-6).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Northwestern (2-5).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) QB Jermaine Scott has committed to Oregon

JeffHCross
10-03-2014, 10:31 AM
#4 Ohio State escapes another shootout, leaving head coach Jeff HCross wondering what has happened to the defense that dominated Wisconsin earlier in the season. Ohio State wins 52-39, though the margin was less than 7 points for most of the game.

The Buckeyes were led, as always, by Heisman/Camp/Maxwell/O'Brien semi-finalist Marcus Avery. Avery completed 75% of his passes (one of his lowest percentages of the year) for 302 yards and 1 TD, also taking no sacks. He also led the running game, with 21 attempts for 120 yards. For once, Avery's leading of the running game was for circumstances beyond coaches' control, as two Ohio State running backs left the game with injuries, forcing the Buckeyes offense to spread the yards among even more players than usual. In all, four halfbacks carried the ball, totaling 28 carries for 174 yards.

Halfback David Edwards was an end-zone seeking machine, totaling eight touches (5 rush, 3 rec) for 28 yards and 6 TDs (5 rush, 1 rec)! (Ed note: Don't know how he managed to only get 5 rushes. I swear he was in more than that.)

Matt Charles finally returned to form on the defensive side of the ball, tallying 11 tackles, including three for loss.

But the story of when Northwestern had the ball was their quarterback Zack Oliver. Oliver completed his first 20 passes for 227 yards and 1 TD. Unfortunately, his final two passes were not completions, and one was picked off to seal the game. Northwestern's two impact halfbacks also combined for 30 carries for 169 yards, finding themselves often in the open field against the aggressive Ohio State defense.

With #1 Florida State's upset loss to Clemson, Ohio State will likely rise to at least #3 in the polls next week. With Michigan State's victory over Penn State, the Spartans have a good chance of rising to #1, setting up a possible #1vs#2, and #2vs#3 at the worst, showdown next week in East Lansing. Expect the Gameday crew to be in East Lansing next week!

marcotte14
10-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Oregon wins in a shootout 49-45 against Arizona St. After throwing 4 first half int, AA QB Drew Howell was benched, handing the reigns over to backup QB Barrett Smith who overcame a 28-7 deficit for the victory. "Our defense really struggled getting them off the field" coach Marcotte said after the win. " However, we made some adjustments at the half and was able to limit their offense"

It looks like Oregon found its new starting QB as they look to extend their winning streak against Arizona next week.

JBHuskers
10-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Be ready to advance by Saturday night.

gschwendt
10-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Escobar & JB remain. Let's get it knocked out tonight!

JeffHCross
10-03-2014, 06:20 PM
It looks like Oregon found its new starting QB as they look to extend their winning streak against Arizona next week.You got your QB (presumably) of the future this week to. Did you see me catching you the whole time, or did I surprise you as much as I hoped I did?

skipwondah33
10-03-2014, 06:51 PM
LSU lost in what was a tight game, then a blow out then a close game again

The Tigers couldn't tackle and weren't as sure handed as they needed to be on both sides.

In recruiting news we lost out on our 2nd most sought after target. ..After losing our first heavily sought after TE the week prior. He apparently didn't like the blowout against Ole Miss.

marcotte14
10-03-2014, 07:43 PM
You got your QB (presumably) of the future this week to. Did you see me catching you the whole time, or did I surprise you as much as I hoped I did?

No, I meant I'm going to be starting my backup QB from here on out. However I did get an athlete who looks to have the skills set to be my starting QB in a couple years.

JeffHCross
10-04-2014, 12:44 AM
No, I meant I'm going to be starting my backup QB from here on out.Yeah, I knew what you meant, I was talking about the recruit, Scott.

JeffHCross
10-04-2014, 01:19 AM
:Texas:
:confused: :dunno: :sf: :popcorn: :whoa:
:bp: :crickets:

marcotte14
10-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I knew what you meant, I was talking about the recruit, Scott.

My bad, Yeah Jermaine Scott, I wasn't even paying attention to you catching me. I guess I didn't realize he's 6'5'' 214lbs. I'm really excited about him, he has all the right skills set to run my offense. I'm still going to redshirt him, so he can come in faster/stronger in year 4.

JeffHCross
10-04-2014, 10:34 PM
My bad, Yeah Jermaine Scott, I wasn't even paying attention to you catching me. I guess I didn't realize he's 6'5'' 214lbs. I'm really excited about him, he has all the right skills set to run my offense. I'm still going to redshirt him, so he can come in faster/stronger in year 4.Yeah, he's going to be very good. I was hoping you wouldn't see it for another week or two. I'll probably still need a QB next year, unfortunately.

skipwondah33
10-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Despite losing I forgot I had 96% of my recruits visiting this week.

And for some reason every home game of mine has been on the rain.

souljahbill
10-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Despite losing I forgot I had 96% of my recruits visiting this week.

And for some reason every home game of mine has been on the rain.

There's too much rain the game. I restart games once I get to the 3rd rain game. EA must think every stadium is in Seattle.

skipwondah33
10-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Seriously every home game it's raining in Louisiana

Must be reason cpu runs through and breaks so many tackles against me

souljahbill
10-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Seriously every home game it's raining in Louisiana

Must be reason cpu runs through and breaks so many tackles against me

It's not just LA. It's the entire south.

gschwendt
10-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Be ready to advance by Saturday night.
Saturday night came & went awhile ago...

skipwondah33
10-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Those two players I had issues with scouting 2 weeks ago.

Still happens. They show 6 skills unlocked but never actually reveal any ratings.

I've scouted them 3 different times on Web and console.

JeffHCross
10-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Are you having problems scouting any others, skip? Or just those?

skipwondah33
10-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Just those.

Side note. Once again the amount of tackles broken particular by the QB is sickening again this game

Papa's QB looks like Bo Jackson