PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 10, 2014

skipwondah33
09-29-2014, 07:37 AM
Welcome to Week 10!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Florida Gators (4-2) ===============
Last week the Gators were idle.
This week, the Gators travel to Columbia to face the #13 South Carolina Gamecocks (6-2).

=============== LSU Tigers (4-2) ===============
Last week the Tigers were idle.
This week, the Tigers travel to Oxford to face the #16 Ole Miss Rebels (5-3).
In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) TE Maurice Hoffman has committed to Louisiana Tech
- (***) WR Derek Keller has committed to LSU

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-4) ===============
Last week, Nebraska lost 42-35 against Western Kentucky (3-5).
This week, the Cornhuskers will host #20 Wisconsin (6-3).
In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) P Alex Walker has committed to Nebraska

=============== #24 Oregon Ducks (4-2) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 49-28 against USC (2-5).
This week, the Ducks travel to Stanford to face the #12 Stanford Cardinal (6-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Kody Johnson has committed to Oregon
- (***) CB Greg Barrett has committed to San Jose State

=============== #14 Texas Longhorns (7-1) ===============
Last week, Texas lost 73-70 against Arizona (3-2).
This week, the Longhorns are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) SS Lance Roth has committed to Texas
- (***) CB Josh Johnson has committed to Penn State

=============== Michigan Wolverines (2-4) ===============
Last week, Michigan lost 48-21 against Michigan State (6-0).
This week, the Wolverines will host Northwestern (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) RT Brad Hamilton has committed to Michigan
- (***) RT Stephen Hayes has committed to Michigan
- (***) HB Andrew Patterson has committed to Michigan
- (**) LG Brandon Cox has committed to Michigan

=============== USC Trojans (2-5) ===============
Last week, USC lost 49-28 against Oregon (4-2).
This week, the Trojans will host Arizona (3-2).

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (2-5) ===============
Last week, Arkansas lost 27-24 against South Carolina (6-2).
This week, the Razorbacks travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (2-5).
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) P Tom Berg has committed to Arkansas

=============== #9 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State lost 31-26 against Wisconsin (6-3).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (1-4).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Josh Johnson has committed to Penn State

=============== #4 Ohio State Buckeyes (6-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 32-8 against Maryland (1-4).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (3-5).

skipwondah33
09-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Had connectivity and freezing issues at Loading screen when I did finally get connected to servers. Game froze twice at Loading screen. So I may or may not show as 2 restarts.

Never did actually get into the game after I waited an hour to connect to the servers.

On another note Louisiana Tech strikes again. Took this TE I really wanted something serious. Bad stretch to have some bye weeks lol

JBHuskers
09-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Advance Wednesday

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

gschwendt
09-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Anyone else ever have the issue where you scout a guy but it doesn't actually reveal his ratings? I had it start happening Week 14 last season and now it's starting this week. If you scout on the web, you get nothing but a loss of points... if you scout on the console, you see the results, but as soon as you back out, they're gone.

JeffHCross
09-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Anyone else ever have the issue where you scout a guy but it doesn't actually reveal his ratings? I had it start happening Week 14 last season and now it's starting this week. If you scout on the web, you get nothing but a loss of points... if you scout on the console, you see the results, but as soon as you back out, they're gone.I had that happen in a test dynasty I ran, but not in this OD (at least not that I've noticed, I haven't kept almost anyone I've scouted in the last few weeks). In the test dynasty it started happening around Week 9, I want to say, but that dynasty involved using every single point I had on scouting, over the entire course of the season, so by the end of the year I had scouted over 1000 players and had all kinds of wacky stuff going on (like losing the results of guys I scouted in the Preseason and Week 1).

I think the game has a limit on how much you can scout, but I'd be very surprised if you were hitting that limit this early.

I'll be scouting a bunch of guys either today or Wednesday, G, I'll try to remember to look at the results, though I'll be doing it on the console.

FWIW, I'll be playing Wednesday.

skipwondah33
09-29-2014, 09:31 AM
Anyone else ever have the issue where you scout a guy but it doesn't actually reveal his ratings? I had it start happening Week 14 last season and now it's starting this week. If you scout on the web, you get nothing but a loss of points... if you scout on the console, you see the results, but as soon as you back out, they're gone.It just happened this week. Scouted 3 TE's. It said I unlocked 6 ratings but didn't reveal any of them. I did 2 on the web and it happened.

Then I did 1 on the console and same thing happened. It said I didn't scout him.

gschwendt
09-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Thankfully I pretty well have the rest of my targets lined up... I was just looking for some stragglers to pad my class.

skipwondah33
09-29-2014, 10:22 AM
I didnt target any other TE's because I wanted that gem of one I found. 6-6, 270 with a 4.5 forty.

Tech took him at the end again. I led for a good bit

psusnoop
09-29-2014, 10:57 AM
I've had that happen G.

gschwendt
09-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Florida Loses to South Carolina as the Two Teams Combined for 41 Points in the Final 4 Minutes

However, the Gators did manage a moral victory out of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gouG854C7zs

skipwondah33
09-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Not sure what's going on but game keeps freezing at Loading screen

3rd time it's happened. Appears to happen soon as I hit OK for 2nd play book after it loaded.

Circle animation beside Loading doesn't move at all

skipwondah33
09-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Up to 5 times now. Deleted Game Data, then tried with same result.

Going to try without playbooks here next time. After not sure what to do.

Haven't had any issue prior to this.

Damn it

Edit: Nope didn't work. I even saved the OD and used different play books.

Pretty disappointing this starts happening.

gschwendt
09-29-2014, 10:43 PM
That's the same issue I had just before leaving for Boston. I tried everything I could think of... Definitely let us know if you figure it out.

JeffHCross
09-29-2014, 10:45 PM
G, I didn't have any issues scouting this week. Console only.

skipwondah33
09-30-2014, 10:14 AM
That's the same issue I had just before leaving for Boston. I tried everything I could think of... Definitely let us know if you figure it out.My only guess would be something with the dynasty, although not sure.

I had issues connecting to EA servers other night. It let me in to do recruiting, then I tried to play the game and it froze. After that I couldn't get connected back to servers.

Was able to play an offline dynasty game without a problem.

JeffHCross
09-30-2014, 11:31 AM
To me it sounds like the EA servers, not a dynasty issue.

gschwendt
09-30-2014, 11:39 AM
It just happened this week. Scouted 3 TE's. It said I unlocked 6 ratings but didn't reveal any of them. I did 2 on the web and it happened.

Then I did 1 on the console and same thing happened. It said I didn't scout him.

Thankfully I pretty well have the rest of my targets lined up... I was just looking for some stragglers to pad my class.

My only guess would be something with the dynasty, although not sure.

I had issues connecting to EA servers other night. It let me in to do recruiting, then I tried to play the game and it froze. After that I couldn't get connected back to servers.

Was able to play an offline dynasty game without a problem.
Just realized that my game was against Ole Miss as well... I'm betting there's a problem with their team somehow. I just asked JB to invite my second account to join the OD... I'll see if I can figure out some kind of pattern/problem.

skipwondah33
09-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Just realized that my game was against Ole Miss as well... I'm betting there's a problem with their team somehow. I just asked JB to invite my second account to join the OD... I'll see if I can figure out some kind of pattern/problem.Ah ok, yeah that is a strange coincidence if so

When I played them last year I don't recall an issue but then again none of us had an issue when we played them.

Jeff, not sure since G had the same thing happen to him when he played them. During that time I just couldn't connect to the servers. The next day I had no problem. Odd that during recruiting none of my scouting unveiled any ratings...even though it said that I unlocked 6 of them.

That happened on both the console and the web

JeffHCross
09-30-2014, 05:31 PM
skip, thanks to G's extra information, I agree. What I was more saying is that I didn't believe we had any dynasty-wide corruption that was at fault. I would believe, if that were the case, that I would have been equally unsuccessful in my scouting efforts, whereas I had no problem.

Thinking back to the only time I ran into that issue, it was in a Test OD when I added a new coach in Week 10 or so. Or something equally silly. But since we've done nothing like that, I wouldn't believe that was the cause.

G, I'd be curious who the coaches are for Ole Miss, and if, by chance, one of our OC/DCs got hired over there.

skipwondah33
09-30-2014, 07:18 PM
Hmm didn't think of that of our coaches going over.

I really can't think of anything else to try.

gschwendt
09-30-2014, 09:13 PM
Looks like I can't join as Ole Miss since we're still set to start as 1 star teams.

psusnoop
09-30-2014, 09:45 PM
Looks like I can't join as Ole Miss since we're still set to start as 1 star teams.

Damn, I am almost sure that it is the issue. Now how to get around that?

gschwendt
09-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Damn, I am almost sure that it is the issue. Now how to get around that?
JB has to change it, but it won't take effect until next week which obviously won't help skip.

psusnoop
09-30-2014, 09:48 PM
JB has to change it, but it won't take effect until next week which obviously won't help skip.

Nope :(

JeffHCross
09-30-2014, 10:09 PM
So, none of the coaches were from our teams. One coach did change (the DC), but he came from Houston so that shouldn't be a problem. Hmm.

This reminds me that we probably need to check Auburn and make sure it's okay since Oneback left.

psusnoop
09-30-2014, 10:23 PM
So, none of the coaches were from our teams. One coach did change (the DC), but he came from Houston so that shouldn't be a problem. Hmm.

This reminds me that we probably need to check Auburn and make sure it's okay since Oneback left.

I wouldn't think coaches is the issue then. Something else within ole miss must be causing this. Just not sure what aside from style which is tied into coaching.

Yes we need to check Auburn to be sure.

When are we advancing!!! Lol I'm playing now.

JeffHCross
09-30-2014, 11:51 PM
Nothing looks odd in Ole Miss' depth chart either.

I'll be playing in the morning.

skipwondah33
10-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Well just tried again with same result.

Really wanted to play this game and needed to.

JeffHCross
10-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Ohio State takes down Iowa by 14, in a game closer than it should have been. Ohio State's offense dominated Iowa's defense, but Ohio State's defense was only able to get three stops of their own (merely one more than Ohio State's offense was stopped), leading to a shootout.

QB Marcus Avery continued to build his Heisman credentials, gaining 449 total yards and six TDs.

JeffHCross
10-01-2014, 11:17 AM
We're waiting on ... well ... about 3/4ths of the dynasty.

JBHuskers
10-01-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm playing tonight.

skipwondah33
10-01-2014, 11:33 AM
I obviously won't be playing so LSU is RTA :mad:

JBHuskers
10-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Razor & Eric are on a hiatus, Skip is having problems, so that leaves Escobar and Marcotte.

JeffHCross
10-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Hey G, assuming someone joins as Ole Miss for Week 11, we should probably also ensure that we have the ability to join as Existing Coaches, just so we don't destroy Hugh Freeze if we don't have to.

marcotte14
10-01-2014, 04:59 PM
I'm playing tonight at 9pm est.

JBHuskers
10-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Wisconsin gave me the no lube treatment :smh:

JeffHCross
10-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Are we ready to advance or do we need to make some changes so Ole Miss can be fixed? Ole Miss doesn't have another user game until Week 15.

gschwendt
10-02-2014, 09:11 AM
I'd say we go ahead and advance now... snoop, get to it!

JBHuskers
10-02-2014, 09:44 AM
He's working. It'll be when I get home.

skipwondah33
10-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Broken tackles, broken tackles

skipwondah33
10-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Getting ridiculous.

QB just trucked 5 defenders on way to 50 yard TD

JeffHCross
10-02-2014, 08:55 PM
skip, for the sake of us not in your living room, what are you doing the play-by-play of?

skipwondah33
10-02-2014, 09:46 PM
My Tennessee game I was playing lol

They always break first 2,3,4,5,6 tackles

QB sat in the pocket for 6 seconds then decided to scramble then proceeded to run over or break 5 tackles on his way to the TD run.