PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 4, 2014

skipwondah33
09-08-2014, 07:27 AM
​Welcome to Week 4!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Florida Gators (2-0) ===============
Last week the Gators were idle.
This week, the Gators travel to Jonesboro to face the Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-2).

=============== LSU Tigers (2-0) ===============
Last week the Tigers were idle.
This week, the Tigers travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia State Panthers (0-2).

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-0) ===============
Last week, Nebraska won 41-38 against Arkansas State (0-2).
This week, the Cornhuskers will host Iowa State (1-1).

=============== Oregon Ducks (2-0) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 59-14 against Notre Dame (2-1).
This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== #24 Texas Longhorns (2-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 49-30 against Stanford (1-1).
This week, the Longhorns will host UCLA (0-1).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (1-1) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 36-31 against Oregon State (1-1).
This week, the Wolverines are idle.

=============== USC Trojans (1-1) ===============
Last week, USC lost 48-45 against Penn State (2-0).
This week, the Trojans travel to Stanford to face the #14 Stanford Cardinal (1-1).

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (1-1) ===============
Last week, Arkansas lost 49-17 against Baylor (2-0).
This week, the Razorbacks are idle.

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 48-45 against USC (1-1).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Norman to face the #3 Oklahoma Sooners (2-0).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) FB Craig Gilliam has committed to Penn State

=============== Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 34-31 against Illinois (0-1).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Stillwater to face the #8 Oklahoma State Cowboys (2-1).

=============== Auburn Tigers (0-3) ===============
Last week, Auburn lost 72-20 against Alabama (3-0).
This week, the Tigers travel to Tulsa to face the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (0-1).

Oneback
09-08-2014, 08:52 AM
Finally get to play a team that isn't rated in the upper 90's.

skipwondah33
09-08-2014, 10:05 AM
LSU escapes with road win...42-38

You would have thought an opponent rated just as poorly as the Tigers would be an even matched game. Turns out Georgia State looked just as good as Alabama as they steamrolled over the Tiger Defense play after play running freely and shrugging off tacklers with ease.

The Tigers started off slow after the bye week giving up a quick 10 points in the first 4 minutes. LSU elected to go for a 4th and inches at the 38-yd line but failed to pick up the first. Afterward Georgia State went down field and scored on a 27-yard run to go up 10-0. LSU answered with a score of their own when Spencer Lawrence found the endzone on short run, 10-7. That would be the theme throughout the game as each answered the other.

In the 2nd quarter the GSU capped off a drive that only took 5 plays with a 4-yd TD pass, 17-7. LSU looked to answer driving down inside the 10-yd line but Mosley's pass would be picked off at the 1-yd line on a stupid throw. Fortunately for the Tigers they were able to force a punt and got into the endzone before the half on a pass to John Diggs, 17-14.

To open the 2nd half GSU picked up where they left off mauling the Tiger D, then eventually scoring on a 48-yd TD run where the RB broke off 3 tackles and took it the distance. LSU answered not even a minute later with a TD run of their own, Lawrence taking it in for the 11 yard score, 24-21. GSU had no problems again moving down field and scoring on a WR sweep from 9 yards out, 31-21. The Tigers came back with a TD of their own on another Mosley-Diggs TD connection, 31-28.

Early in the 4th quarter with Georgia State driving their QB decided to attempt a screen pass. Now these have been dropped by our MLB 3 times already this season in which they should have been timely picks...well this time Ronnie Blanks read the screen and picked it off rumbling 56 yards down field before being tackled inside the 10. Mosley did the rest on a 7-yd TD run to finally take the lead, 35-31. It would be short lived as another GSU under a minute touchdown gave them the lead with 4 minutes left. Calm as ever Mosley lead the offense down field and Lawrence capped off the drive with his 3rd rushing TD of the game. The Defense would seal the victory.

JBHuskers
09-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Probably advance Thursday. Maybe Wednesday if I can get my game in by then.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

gschwendt
09-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Probably advance Thursday. Maybe Wednesday if I can get my game in by then.

Let's try to advance Wednesday so that we can get to Week 6 before Sunday night... that will fit perfectly with me being gone next week.

JBHuskers
09-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Depends on how much I need to do when I get back. Should be able to play Wednesday, but no guarantees.

Oneback
09-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Auburn wins their first game of the season 29-28 over Tulsa (who's rated in the mid-80's) on a 2-pt conversion with 6 seconds to go in the game. "Coach called me over after that last touchdown and said we're on the road, we're going for it", said true freshman quarterback Dustin Stewart who was 27 for 35 with 295 yards in the game. Player of the game honors go to JUCO transfer HB James Foster who ran for 107 yards on 25 carries and 2 touchdowns, he also caught 7 passes for 101 yards. The defense wasn't pretty but they did just enough to put us in a position to win the game, the offense went out and executed the game plan and was able to make plays when it was needed.

skipwondah33
09-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Depends on how much I need to do when I get back. Should be able to play Wednesday, but no guarantees.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.Boo

psusnoop
09-09-2014, 05:53 AM
Penn State goes into Oklahoma and pulls a huge upset.

Thanks to a great gameplan and execution by their offense the penn state defense was able to rest for most of the game. Time of possession was 26+ to 6+ i think. Oklahoma had some really big plays but just couldn't get their offense on the field to get back into the game.

JeffHCross
09-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Penn State goes into Oklahoma and pulls a huge upset.Not a good day to be a fan in Oklahoma then ...

Ohio State goes into Stillwater and pulls an upset of their own! While not quite the dominant game that Penn State enjoyed, the Buckeyes turn a 32-28 halftime margin into a 55-35 final. The Buckeyes defense, who only managed one stop (an interception) in the first half, made some great halftime adjustments, forcing two punts and a turnover on downs in the second half, vice only yielding one touchdown.

The Buckeye offense was clicking throughout the contest, minus an early interception on a bad read by quarterback Marcus Avery. Avery recovered from throwing the pick on his first attempt, going 18/20 for 255 yards and 4 TDs, with the only other incompletion being a drop by the wide receiver on a tough pass. Avery also led the team in rushing for the second week, gaining 131 yards on the ground. The running back tandem of David Edwards and Kris Davis combined for 181 yards rushing and 126 yards receiving, and four total TDs.

Oneback
09-09-2014, 11:13 AM
You're right - Tulsa, Oklahoma and Okie State go down.

psusnoop
09-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Not a good day to be a fan in Oklahoma then ...

Nice win! Representing quite well.

JeffHCross
09-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Nice win! Representing quite well.I was all nervous in the first half with the score so close, but when I got that first stop of the second half and got the touchdown, it expanded to a 10 point lead. It's amazing how much more relaxing a 10 point lead is. My defense played lights out at the end though.

psusnoop
09-09-2014, 11:28 AM
I only won by that margin because of playing keep away so well. I also converted on two 4th and goals from the 1yd line. I also kept 2 drives alive on 4th and inches on two read options that squeaked just past the sticks.

JeffHCross
09-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Looks like the only remaining games are Eric (v Stanford) and JB (v Iowa State). Escobar is not set RTA and has 100 recruiting points remaining according to the website.

gschwendt
09-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Marcotte, assuming we advance tonight, what does your availability look like the rest of this week? Saturday is the only day I'm completely out.

marcotte14
09-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Marcotte, assuming we advance tonight, what does your availability look like the rest of this week? Saturday is the only day I'm completely out.

I'm good with either Thursday or Friday night anytime after 9pm est.

skipwondah33
09-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Anyone around a coaching level of 8? lol

I see I need to win more and beat the hell out of CPU more in the process

Oneback
09-10-2014, 04:20 PM
I think I'm an 8 right now, maybe a 9.

skipwondah33
09-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Think Papa is a 14 or 15 now. Think someone else is in double digits as well.

I've been putting all my points into recruiting mostly.

gschwendt
09-10-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm good with either Thursday or Friday night anytime after 9pm est.
Would 10pm ET be too late? If not, let's make it happen Thursday night. If so, we can tentatively plan for earlier on Thursday but may have to change at the last minute.

marcotte14
09-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Would 10pm ET be too late? If not, let's make it happen Thursday night. If so, we can tentatively plan for earlier on Thursday but may have to change at the last minute.

10 pm ET is good for me!

JeffHCross
09-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Anyone around a coaching level of 8? lol

I see I need to win more and beat the hell out of CPU more in the processI think Razor is a 9. I just got to 10. There are a couple that are at 11, I believe. And then there's Papa.