PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 1, 2014

JBHuskers
08-31-2014, 07:02 PM
We have advanced to week one, everyone except Jeff has a game, no user games. Advance Wednesday if not sooner.

Welcome to Week 1!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Florida Gators (0-0) ===============
This week, the Gators will host Florida Atlantic (0-0).

=============== LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
This week, the Tigers will host Florida International (0-0).

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0) ===============
This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia State Panthers (0-0).

=============== Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
This week, the Ducks will host Hawai'i (0-0).

=============== Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
This week, the Longhorns will host Houston (0-0).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
This week, the Wolverines travel to Minneapolis to face the #24 Minnesota Golden Gophers (0-0).

=============== USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
This week, the Trojans will host SMU (0-0).

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0) ===============
This week, the Razorbacks will host Miami (OH) (0-0).

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (0-0).

=============== Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
This week, the Buckeyes are idle.

=============== UCLA Bruins (0-0) ===============
This week, the Bruins are idle.

=============== Auburn Tigers (0-0) ===============
This week, the Tigers travel to Columbia to face the #16 South Carolina Gamecocks (0-0).

JeffHCross
08-31-2014, 07:06 PM
Is there anybody not planning to play tonight? We're planning to be back in town by dinner tomorrow and I'd rather use the console to recruit, but I don't want to hold us up.

JBHuskers
08-31-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm playing tomorrow. I have a user OD game then playing Battlefield with Snoop.

Using Tapatalk on my Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

JeffHCross
08-31-2014, 08:34 PM
Alright JB, if your plans change let me know. Though if I don't recruit tonight it won't be until dinner tomorrow.

skipwondah33
08-31-2014, 09:14 PM
I've found the web to work as long as you don't log into console afterward

It's weird but I tested it out FWIW.

Don't take my word though that was just my case lol

Also what a difference a somewhat of a Line makes. I have guys now that are 20-25 rating points higher than last year.

Got our first win. Recap to come

Escobar
09-01-2014, 01:27 AM
I've found the web to work as long as you don't log into console afterward

It's weird but I tested it out FWIW.

Don't take my word though that was just my case lol

I think it works/saves differently in the offseason. I rarely use the website, but when I do I always have problems saving any kind of offseason activity (players leaving included).

JeffHCross
09-01-2014, 11:21 AM
In this case, it's not that I'm worried about the website, it's just significantly easier on the console.

skipwondah33
09-01-2014, 11:27 AM
I think it works/saves differently in the offseason. I rarely use the website, but when I do I always have problems saving any kind of offseason activity (players leaving included).Makes sense because I know did a good bit of my recruiting online on my bye weeks without turning on console until I played next week.

Yeah Jeff it is annoying trying to do on phone

Oneback
09-01-2014, 05:36 PM
I'll be playing my game tomorrow. Had to rebuild my playbook.

JeffHCross
09-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Ohio State is ready to advance.

At some point here we probably need to think about dropping Tex; otherwise UCLA may not even try to recruit anyone this year.

gschwendt
09-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Ohio State is ready to advance.

At some point here we probably need to think about dropping Tex; otherwise UCLA may not even try to recruit anyone this year.

Already mentioned to JB... He's going to make sure Tex isn't coming back.

JBHuskers
09-01-2014, 08:40 PM
I'll remove him before I advance.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

JeffHCross
09-01-2014, 08:43 PM
So, I'm going to show 4500 Recruiting Points available, but I am Ready to Advance. I've run into some kind of bug where the game thinks I have 4500 points left, to the point that if I remove the points I have allocated now I have something like -2410 points. :dunno:

psusnoop
09-01-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm playing right bow

psusnoop
09-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Psuexv and papa remain

skipwondah33
09-02-2014, 08:23 AM
http://easw.easports.com:8096/media2011/ncaa14/1359649/NCA14PS3_26_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Rtu.jpg

LSU gets win #1 to start the season, 45-21.

The game was closer than the score indicates at one point it being 24-21, before the Tigers scored 21 unanswered points.

LSU came into this season with a different gameplan after letting go of last year's OC. Too early to tell if it has paid off, but it seems to be better suited for the personnel on the team. Also helps to have a much better Oline.

FIU would get on board first with a 42-yd TD run, where no Tiger defender wanted to tackle the ball carrier despite having 4 attempts. In the 2nd quarter LSU answered with a Spencer Lawrence short TD run, followed 5 minutes by another short TD run to take a touchdown lead. LSU added a FG before the half to go up 17-7.

In the 2nd half after a LSU interception, Sophomore QB Jeff Mosley led the team down field and into the endzone with a 23 yard strike to John Diggs for the score. After a FIU punt, the Tigers decided to call an option play...mistake as it was not only fumbled but picked up and returned for the TD to make it 24-14.

A quarter later the Tigers found themselves inside of the redzone looking to add to the lead but Mosley threw the ball high and late..resulting in a 89 yard pick six to make it a 3 point game. On the ensuing kick, Sophomore Corner Brad Miller took the kick and returned it 95 yards for the score. Miller took over the kick and punt return duties this season and it paid off. He may have actually put notice on the coaches to take a look at him for WR next season as well.

That score was followed up by 2 more Lawrence TD runs giving him 4 on the day and putting the game away for the Tigers.

Two standout players of the game were the 3 Freshman brought in to start immediately in CB Sean Schroeder, SS Ryan Thompson and DT Nathan McGraw.

Sean had a few timely pass deflections. Meanwhile Thompson and McGraw chipped in with 2 sacks a piece in their very first games. We definitely look for them to make plays for us all season.

Jeff Mosley: 18-26, 260, 1 TD and 1 int

Spencer Lawrence: 27 carries, 84 yards, 4 TD's

Ryan Thompson: 5 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 pass deflections

JeffHCross
09-02-2014, 11:34 AM
All the Big Ten user games are the final three weeks of the season :D

psusnoop
09-02-2014, 11:54 AM
All the Big Ten user games are the final three weeks of the season :D

I like that alot actually. Everyone going into week 13 still has a shot to control their own destiny. Now that is pretty cool.

skipwondah33
09-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Psuexv remains

psusnoop
09-02-2014, 07:18 PM
slacker

psusnoop
09-02-2014, 09:28 PM
ADVANCE!!!