PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 12, 2013

psusnoop
08-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Hello psusnoop,
Welcome to Week 12! Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to write your own stories.

Arkansas (3-5) at Florida (2-6)
Last week, the Razorbacks had a bye week
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets announced their decisions:
GJustin Hardy UVA
DTRasheed Waters Ark
TETony Simmons Ark

Auburn (2-7) vs LSU (1-7)
Last week, the Tigers lost 45-42 vs. Florida (2-6)
In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets announced their decisions:
KJ.D. Fletcher AU

Florida (2-6) vs Arkansas (3-5)
Last week, the Gators won 45-42 at Auburn (2-7)
In recruiting news, the following Florida targets announced their decisions:
HBDwight Butler UF
GMatt Johnson UF
TAnthony Mills UF
FSOliver Willis UF

LSU (1-7) at Auburn (2-7)
Last week, the Tigers won 24-21 at Tennessee (3-6)
In recruiting news, the following LSU targets announced their decisions:
CBAdam Harris LSU
DENathan McGrew LSU

Penn State (3-5) vs Michigan State (4-4)
Last week, the Nittany Lions won 45-37 vs. Iowa (6-4)
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets announced their decisions:
TCedric Marshall PSU

Ohio State (4-5) vs #8 Wisconsin (6-2)
Last week, the Buckeyes lost 49-35 vs. Michigan State (4-4)
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets announced their decisions:
FSCraig Smith Ohio St

Nebraska (1-7) at Iowa (6-4)
Last week, the Cornhuskers lost 42-3 at Maryland (5-3)
In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Nebraska targets.

Oregon (2-6) at #2 Washington (8-0)
Last week, the Ducks lost 73-56 at Arizona State (6-2)
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets announced their decisions:
DEJeremy Benjamin Oreg
HBJim Pierce UNLV

Michigan (5-4) vs #5 Stanford (6-2)
Last week, the Wolverines won 31-17 vs. Northwestern (4-4)
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets announced their decisions:
CRyan Wheatley Mich
SSThomas Smith Mich
CBPaul Bridges Mich
FSMaurice Davis Mich
DEJosh Pratt Mich
DTGreg Whitlock Mich
DTCorey Hunter Mich
ATHIsaiah Willis Mich

USC (2-7) at Vanderbilt (1-9)
Last week, the Trojans lost 58-7 at Washington (8-0)
In recruiting news, the following USC targets announced their decisions:
HBJohn Crum SJSU

UCLA (0-8) vs Arizona (3-4)
Last week, the Bruins lost 90-17 vs. Texas (4-6)
In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets announced their decisions:
DEJeremy Benjamin Oreg
ATHBrett Boyd UCLA

Texas (4-6)has a bye week
Last week, the Longhorns won 90-17 at UCLA (0-8)
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets announced their decisions:
DEJoe Johnson Texas

This email is provided to you by ELECTRONIC ARTS, INC.

razorback44
08-12-2014, 12:44 AM
G, I can play tomorrow night between 5-9 pm and then again on Thursday between probably 5-10. We're hosting a dinner party at our house on Wednesday night so that's out. Apparently my wife doesn't see the value in playing on the big screen in front of guests.

JeffHCross
08-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Escobar, while I'm thinking about it, it'd probably be best for us to play this weekend, depending on when JB advances. I should be able to play whenever you can Saturday or Sunday. If it gets to the work week, I'm available after 10 pm central. If we could/had to play in the (work week) morning, I would need to finish before noon central.

psusnoop
08-12-2014, 06:49 AM
I'd think next advance would be Sunday at the latest just a heads up.

But since I'm done we advance tonight :D JK

skipwondah33
08-12-2014, 07:42 AM
OB let me know when you can run

Typically I am available after 8 est until 10:30 est or so.

Oneback
08-12-2014, 08:13 AM
OB let me know when you can run

Typically I am available after 8 est until 10:30 est or so.

I'm available any day, I wake up at 4:45 in the morning so the earlier the better. My son wasn't feeling well last night so tomorrow may be a safer bet but I'll post up once I get home and see what the situation is for playing tonight.

gschwendt
08-12-2014, 08:29 AM
G, I can play tomorrow night between 5-9 pm and then again on Thursday between probably 5-10. We're hosting a dinner party at our house on Wednesday night so that's out. Apparently my wife doesn't see the value in playing on the big screen in front of guests.
We should be able to play tonight. To be clear, does that mean kickoff as late as 9pm or you would want to be finished by 9pm? I'll let you know a better time-frame later today.

razorback44
08-12-2014, 08:51 AM
We should be able to play tonight. To be clear, does that mean kickoff as late as 9pm or you would want to be finished by 9pm? I'll let you know a better time-frame later today.

Tonight I would need to be finished by 9. Unfortunately I have to be in my companies Jefferson City office for a meeting at 8 on Wednesday so I have to be on the road no later than 5:30 tomorrow morning. The joys of HR.

gschwendt
08-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Tonight I would need to be finished by 9. Unfortunately I have to be in my companies Jefferson City office for a meeting at 8 on Wednesday so I have to be on the road no later than 5:30 tomorrow morning. The joys of HR.

How does 5 or 5:30 work for tonight? Sorry for the short notice.

razorback44
08-12-2014, 04:14 PM
How does 5 or 5:30 work for tonight? Sorry for the short notice.

That works great. I should be getting home right around 5.

gschwendt
08-12-2014, 04:19 PM
That works great. I should be getting home right around 5.
Sounds good. I should be online by then and ready to play.

Oneback
08-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Skip, lets shoot for tomorrow around 7-7:30p if that works for you.

skipwondah33
08-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Skip, lets shoot for tomorrow around 7-7:30p if that works for you.7:30 est should work for me

gschwendt
08-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Florida Defense Leads to Victory Over Arkansas 44-17

The Gators got out to a quick start in the first quarter scoring 24 unanswered points. From there, Florida just continued to pull away.

It was the Florida defense that played the key role in their win over Arkansas. Not only did the Gators hold the Razorbacks to 290 yards of total offense (174 passing, 116 rushing) but they also forced 4 interceptions from the Hogs passing game. In an attempt to fight for his job next season, CB/FS John Bell managed 5 tackles and 2 interceptions.

Offensively, the Gators had a balanced attack passing for 243 yards with 2 touchdowns and 141 rushing yards with 2 touchdowns. WR Travis Anderson racked up more stats on his already impressive year catching 9 passes for 110 yards setting his season total at 85 receptions for 1161 yards with 10 touchdowns. HB Randall Williams had another solid outing adding 18 carries for 100 yards and 2 touchdowns. QB Joey Jones only threw 4 incompletions on the day completing 17/21 passes for his 243 yards and 2 touchdowns. WR Trent Holmes added to his special teams touchdowns with a 72 yard punt returned for a touchdown.

With the win, Florida improves to 3-6 (2-3) on the season and next week host #3 Georgia Bulldogs before inviting Coach skipwondah33 and the LSU Tigers in Week 14.

GG Razor... those interceptions just killed you at the wrong times.

gschwendt
08-12-2014, 11:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVzQrbQKi9M
Death Penalty Online Dynasty
Season 1 Week 12
Florida Gators at Arkansas Razorbacks
gschwendt vs Razorback44

Music:
Animals as Leaders - Physical Education
Animals as Leaders - Kascade

Oneback
08-13-2014, 06:51 AM
7:30 est should work for me

I keep forgetting you're on the east coast, although 6:30 CT works for me as well.

marcotte14
08-13-2014, 06:07 PM
#2 Ranked Washington came into a loud and rainy Autzen stadium expecting a blowout and walked away with an 41-14 embarrassment performance. Oregon's defense finally stepped up and was able to make some stops at the right time. Oregon's offense clicked on all cylinders and was able to put together some good drives. "I'm so proud of our guys" coach Marcotte said after the win " We had a great week of practice and I knew something great was going to happen here tonight."

Oregon looks to build on there winning streak against Arizona next week.

JeffHCross
08-13-2014, 09:30 PM
Impressive win over Washington. They beat me pretty solidly at the beginning of the year

marcotte14
08-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Wrong thread Marcotte ;)

impressive win over Washington. They beat me pretty solidly at the beginning of the year

Sorry, forgot it was week 12.

skipwondah33
08-13-2014, 09:45 PM
LSU gets rolled by Auburn 35-17

Had some bright spots here and there, being in position on a few passes but coming up empty handed but plenty more things that were done horribly like piss poor tackling and blocking. ..and a penalty negating a punt return.

Meanwhile Auburn did exactly what they wanted when they wanted. Especially the pass game.

Just was unable to put together enough plays to make it a game.

Will post game up game tomorrow

GG OB nice game plan.

Is everyone else's tackling terrible? Or is it just me?

JeffHCross
08-13-2014, 09:53 PM
Everyone's. Some are better than others, but I've gotten plenty of missed tackles

skipwondah33
08-13-2014, 09:59 PM
My guys just get ran over or bounce off.

Everyone's RB is like a tank running.

Oneback
08-14-2014, 07:23 AM
LSU gets rolled by Auburn 35-17

Had some bright spots here and there, being in position on a few passes but coming up empty handed but plenty more things that were done horribly like piss poor tackling and blocking. ..and a penalty negating a punt return.

Meanwhile Auburn did exactly what they wanted when they wanted. Especially the pass game.

Just was unable to put together enough plays to make it a game.

Will post game up game tomorrow

GG OB nice game plan.

Is everyone else's tackling terrible? Or is it just me?

Good game Skip, that LSU squad has no lack of fight and I was shocked when I noticed your team was rated in the 50's OVR. You've got a good approach but a lack of talent even compared to some of the other teams. I took a peak at your offensive line after the game, anything you can get in recruiting along the line would be an improvement.

As for tackling I ended up moving Big Hit and Strip Ball to conservative about half way through the season, it's helped some but not 100%. While that may help you I think the biggest issue you're facing is that the ratings just aren't there for your team, I was shocked at that first down I picked up after my HB bounced off two of your defenders. You'll have the greatest sense of accomplishment once you rise from the ashes however.

skipwondah33
08-14-2014, 07:33 AM
lol thanks OB. Yeah my Oline is garbage, think my RG is decent compared to the others but my Tackles in the 40's hurt.

I've been setting both Big Hit and Strip on conservative all season, it's the only thing I touch. That play was crazy I had like 3 people around him just knowing we would tackle him before he picked up another 4-5 yards...then they all were bounced off or shrugged off.

I believe I have 3 Guards and a Tackle that I'm either targeting or have committed. The inside rush always gets me so it's useless to use any under center formations really or take much time trying to throw.

Hopefully we can get there eventually, taking alot of bruises right now haha. Good game again man, look forward to our games in the future.

JeffHCross
08-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Big Hit on conservative hurts more than helps on my team. I feel like I get more tackles by setting it to aggressive, as little sense as that makes

gschwendt
08-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Big Hit on conservative hurts more than helps on my team. I feel like I get more tackles by setting it to aggressive, as little sense as that makes
Some of those in the past have been broken so if you set it to On, it's actually Off and vice versa. I don't know if that is one that is still broken but it's certainly possible. I know in a game I played against nykia in our last OD, in the final seconds I set Strip Ball and Big Hits to conservative and ended up getting a facemask penalty on that play allowing him to win with zero time on the clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBr8cvS-BEU&list=UU_FEvtMUBHLb8tJTmoAvh6A#t=600

skipwondah33
08-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Yeah G I had the same thing happen lastnight. Had facemask penalty as well even though Strip was on conservative

Not like it hurt anything though game was already out of reach.

JeffHCross
08-14-2014, 09:44 AM
G, I don't think it's reversed, only because I haven't seen any big hits when set to conservative. It's just that my team seems to tackle wirse, or at least have more broken tackles, when it's On.

gschwendt
08-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Obviously we have to wait for JB to get back but remaining:
JB
Escobar
JeffHCross

skipwondah33
08-14-2014, 10:04 AM
http://youtu.be/F8fwYZZbUC4

JeffHCross
08-14-2014, 11:35 AM
Well, normally it would be weird to say that you had a chance to win a game that you lost by 14, but ... we had a damn good chance. Two redzone turnovers killed the Buckeyes, as they were otherwise not stopped by the Wisconsin defense except once (and once in garbage time). The first turnover cost the Buckeeyes a tie-game at halftime (instead trailed by seven), and the second ended any chance of a comeback. Without the first turnover, Ohio State had a good chance to take the lead coming out of the locker rooms at halftime, but that went unrealized.

Melvin Gordon ran 16 times for 206 yards and 3 TDs in just a quarter and a half of work. Gordon is now on the shelf for 5 weeks with an injury. The Badgers did not pass once while Gordon was in the game, as the Buckeyes had no hope or prayer to stop him. The Buckeyes run defense finally found some working plays late in the game, but it was too little too late at that point. Gordon's backup Corey Clement added 198 yards on 19 carries, for a mere 404 yards between them.

Ohio State's running game could hardly be answered either, with QB Leroy Harris leading the way with 20 carries for 181 yards, and backup QB Brad Morris adding 12 carries for 65 yards.

And now we get to the bad news ... here's what Ohio State lost today:

The game against Wisconsin (obviously)
The conference lead, and any realistic chance to win said conference
Probably any chance of becoming bowl eligible
Quarterback Leroy Harris, who is out 4 weeks with a Strained Back
And with him, their offensive identity, though Morris was capable in relief

Ohio State coaches are now furiously scratching their heads, trying to decide what game plan to use in their upcoming rivalry games against M*ch*g*n and Penn State.

razorback44
08-14-2014, 11:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVzQrbQKi9M
Death Penalty Online Dynasty
Season 1 Week 12
Florida Gators at Arkansas Razorbacks
gschwendt vs Razorback44

Music:
Animals as Leaders - Physical Education
Animals as Leaders - Kascade

Love the video. Cringe at the game. You're defense gave me fits all game long.

gschwendt
08-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Love the video. Cringe at the game. You're defense gave me fits all game long.
They definitely played their best game of the season, particularly in the pass defense. Hopefully they can just get better in progression to compete against these new guys I have coming in.

JBHuskers
08-15-2014, 05:26 PM
My estimate is going to be mid-Sunday afternoon when I play. After I play, I will advance right after.

razorback44
08-15-2014, 07:43 PM
They definitely played their best game of the season, particularly in the pass defense. Hopefully they can just get better in progression to compete against these new guys I have coming in.

That what I'm curious to see. Will I be starting an entirely new team next year or will some of these guys make nice progressions and keep their spots. It's going to be interesting this offseason.

skipwondah33
08-15-2014, 10:19 PM
I'll be starting nearly an entire new team. Hell maybe even QB and that's my best rated player.

JeffHCross
08-16-2014, 02:03 AM
My estimate is going to be mid-Sunday afternoon when I play. After I play, I will advance right after.Reposting my schedule for Escobar...
Escobar, while I'm thinking about it, it'd probably be best for us to play this weekend, depending on when JB advances. I should be able to play whenever you can Saturday or Sunday. If it gets to the work week, I'm available after 10 pm central. If we could/had to play in the (work week) morning, I would need to finish before noon central.

psusnoop
08-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Advance!!!

skipwondah33
08-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Co-sign

gschwendt
08-17-2014, 12:56 PM
LET'S GO!

Oneback
08-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Come On!

psusnoop
08-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Tick tock tick tock......... What is early afternoon? Because I'm about to eat dinner here and I don't want to eat dinner before evening if I can help it :D