View Full Version : 2014 NFL Season Talk

Pages : 1 [2] 3

bdoughty
10-21-2014, 07:12 PM
PLEASE, Packers.

CFL, Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Rudy
10-21-2014, 07:35 PM
He should go to the CFL and hone his pass rush skills. That's his ticket to being in the NFL. His lack of size at DE won't be a problem.

steelerfan
10-21-2014, 08:09 PM
CFL, Saskatchewan Roughriders.
:nod:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

steelerfan
10-21-2014, 08:46 PM
ESPN - NFL: Ray Rice has filed a grievance against the Ravens for terminating his contract - Sources

Give me a break. :fp:

JBHuskers
10-21-2014, 09:31 PM

I can see why considering they seemingly had full access to the tapes and knew what went down, and didn't terminate until the tape was made popular.

Rudy
10-22-2014, 03:35 AM
Ray still got a ton of guaranteed money and bonus he got to keep.

JeffHCross
10-22-2014, 10:07 AM

I can see why considering they seemingly had full access to the tapes and knew what went down, and didn't terminate until the tape was made popular.
I actually support Rice in this one, especially with the evidence(?) (Not sure if it's just rumor or official statements at this point) that John Harbaugh wanted to cut him from the get-go, but was overruled by the ownership and/or GM until the tape surfaced publicly.

Rudy
10-22-2014, 06:50 PM
I understand grieving the extra suspension but players get cut all the time for no reason. Not sure why this is so special.

SmoothPancakes
10-22-2014, 07:41 PM
I understand grieving the extra suspension but players get cut all the time for no reason. Not sure why this is so special.

True, but he wasn't cut for no reason. The Ravens were perfectly fine having him on the roster for all those weeks and months they knew about the video from inside the elevator. Then the video comes out and they suddenly up and cut him, one of their star players.

They cut him to try and save face for the organization and the NFL and make him the sole scapegoat in all of the controversy regarding the video. No other reason.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

JBHuskers
10-22-2014, 08:38 PM
He was good enough to stay on the team when they knew (and probably saw) what happened months ago though.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

SmoothPancakes
10-22-2014, 09:05 PM
He was good enough to stay on the team when they knew (and probably saw) what happened months ago though.

Exactly. If that video had never gone public, he'd still be on the Ravens roster and playing right now (as he would have still only been suspended two weeks at that point). Then the video goes public and suddenly it's time for everyone in the Ravens and NFL organizations to throw Rice under the bus and leave him out in the cold by himself while everyone else sits on their thrones thumping their chests and yelling "harrumph" and patting themselves on the back for taking a stand against domestic violence. They did nothing but cover their fucking asses when that video went public.

While the video was still hidden from the public, they gave him their full support and backing. When the video went public, they knew it would be a 100% losing effort and losing battle to try and cover and protect Rice, so they essentially excommunicated him from the NFL, the Ravens cutting him from the roster and organization and the NFL indefinitely suspending him, making him persona non grata around the NFL and making him unhireable to anyone and everyone in the league.

This wasn't a case of Rex Grossman getting cut because he wasn't good enough to beat out the players ahead of him on the roster, this was a case of the NFL and Ravens suddenly making Rice, one of their star players and a player that would have never been cut by the Ravens otherwise, undesireable to anyone in the NFL and essentially kicking him out of the NFL just because a previously hidden from the public video went public and they no longer found it worth their effort to try and deflect the public backlash and defend him, instead throwing him out to the wolves. Not even remotely the same situation between what happened to Rice and just some suck ass player getting cut from a roster.

steelerfan
10-22-2014, 10:02 PM
Companies fire people all the time after their indiscretions become public.

Were the Ravens wrong to keep him if they saw the video? Yes. Did they get it right eventually? Yes (admittedly only because it was public).

If Rice didn't want to get cut, he shouldn't have punched that skank. But turning him into the victim is bullshit. Like Rudy said, he got paid and he doesn't deserve ANY form of payment, name-clearing or vindication going forward.

Should the League punish the Ravens? Absolutely. However, Rice doesn't get to do it.

Rudy
10-23-2014, 03:53 AM
The NFL looks really bad on this issue. You had former GM Jerry Angelo come out and say they used to cover up domestic violence. You have two ex-wives of Saints players giving stories about how the cops and team covered domestic disputes up. It's always been bad but they are getting their asses handed to them now. I wonder how many more skeletons will come out.

JeffHCross
10-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Companies fire people all the time after their indiscretions become public.And often in those situations there's some kind of payment, usually not blatantly stated as such but it's reasonable to think it's a payment to avoid a lawsuit.

For example:
Christopher Kubasik, who was to become Lockheed Martin Corp.'s CEO in January, has resigned, effective immediately, after an investigation found he had a personal relationship with a subordinate, the company announced Friday after the markets closed.

Lockheed asked for his resignation as vice chairman, president and chief operating officer, the Bethesda-based company said in a statement. He will receive a $3.5 million separation payment.

bdoughty
10-28-2014, 07:11 AM
Love Frank Caliendo and his Stephen A Smith is spot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rz-yulRIsw

steelerfan
10-28-2014, 02:12 PM
Lolololololololololol!

Rudy
11-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Despite the horrible showing by the Dolphins defense yesterday Ryan Tannehill has won me over. I didn't think he was good enough but he's played really well since after the first month and has shown that he's good enough imo. I don't know how good he can get - it would really help if he could hit a deep ball, but I'm generally happy with this team.

Unfortunately this Dolphins team has the 4th worst cap situation in 2015 - 6th worst when you roll over the 2014 credits. They can make some moves to save money but not as many as you think. There will be no heavy free agent spending this offseason. http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/ The good news is they don't have any major holes. They just need their young guys to keep improving.

The only big free agent losses the team is looking at are (http://overthecap.com/free-agency): DT Jared Odrick, TE Charles Clay and S Louis Delmas. Odrick will be expensive and losing him will hurt. He's a very good, not great player. So would losing Clay who is a poor blocking, good receiving TE. Delmas has been nice but not a break-the-bank-guy.

JBHuskers
11-24-2014, 04:19 PM
So. Sick.

http://giant.gfycat.com/PointedKindheartedAtlanticsharpnosepuffer.gif

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2014, 04:20 PM
#TrustTheScript

ram29jackson
11-24-2014, 05:22 PM
Odell Beckman jr vs Prince

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/video/2014/11/23/0ap3000000433588_video_cp.jpghttp://mohegansun.com/content/dam/mohegansun/Images/Entertainment/Entertainers/2014/Headers/Header-Prince-628x378.jpg

steelerfan
11-24-2014, 05:41 PM
That is probably THE most ignorant, racist post in the history of this forum.

I #TrustTheScript

ram29jackson
11-24-2014, 08:34 PM

I #TrustTheScript

where's the racist part ?

Ignorant ? No, its a vast sense of humor that I have along with my superior intelligence that baffles you.

JBHuskers
11-25-2014, 03:54 PM

I #TrustTheScript

Nah I'm sure dhook has him beat somewhere in the Current Events thread.

steelerfan
11-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Nah I'm sure dhook has him beat somewhere in the Current Events thread.
Him or CLW, yeah.

I #TrustTheScript

bdoughty
11-28-2014, 09:06 AM
Caliendo and Shatner. The part with TJ Hooker. classic. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRVvBLlo5Xk

GatorfanStovy
12-05-2014, 09:22 PM
So the word around Sf/GM office is that they're almost thinking of firing/trading Jim Harbaugh . What do you thin is going on over there? that would hurt the time in a bad way to ahve to start all over with another new HC in less the 4 years. I mean really one bad and season and hes done for? I would start with Roman first then move to Jim or even get rid of kaep before getting rid of teh HC .. I mean kaep has been a big of the terrible season as well as Roman Defense has been outstanding despite all the injuries.

steelerfan
12-06-2014, 01:58 AM
The Factory of Sadness.

http://youtu.be/tRBDMMVctu8

I #TrustTheScript

Rudy
12-06-2014, 04:09 AM
So the word around Sf/GM office is that they're almost thinking of firing/trading Jim Harbaugh . What do you thin is going on over there? that would hurt the time in a bad way to ahve to start all over with another new HC in less the 4 years. I mean really one bad and season and hes done for? I would start with Roman first then move to Jim or even get rid of kaep before getting rid of teh HC .. I mean kaep has been a big of the terrible season as well as Roman Defense has been outstanding despite all the injuries.

This was rumoured before the season. Harbaugh and the GM Baalke don't get along. Harbaugh wears out his welcome and this has nothing to do with the W-L record. Harbaugh's record has been fantastic through 4 years. It's all about personalities.

JBHuskers
12-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Anyone see the Rams/Redskins coin toss where they made all 6 players the Rams received as a result of the RG III trade captains? :D :D :D

JeffHCross
12-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Anyone see the Rams/Redskins coin toss where they made all 6 players the Rams received as a result of the RG III trade captains? :D :D :DLOVE IT!

Even if I didn't live in Saint Louis now, this would appeal to my inner-asshole-General-Manager. But as a Saint Louisan, I LOVE IT!

steelerfan
12-12-2014, 03:56 PM
More women dropping the hammer on the NFL. Good for them. I've always been glad that the Steelers no longer have cheerleaders and these reasons are among the reasons why.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/11/sports/football/buffalo-bills-cheerleaders-fight-for-wages-and-respect.html?referrer=&_r=1

skipwondah33
12-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Wonder why they opt to cheer then?

It's not a career for them as mostly if not all are either students or are in another career...and simply do that for fun

Not saying they should be treated that way but seriously cheerleaders for the NFL?...

steelerfan
12-12-2014, 04:10 PM

It's not a career for them as mostly if not all are either students or are in another career...and simply do that for fun

Not saying they should be treated that way but seriously cheerleaders for the NFL?...

You're missing the underlying point.

The NFL wants to wave the banner of treating women with respect all of a sudden, yet this is how THEY treat them. Unpaid whores to be ogled by common fans and pinched and grabbed by donors.

I just like seeing the NFL get kicked in the nuts repeatedly. :)

Personally, I think cheerleaders are stupid and completely unnecessary/useless at any event.

skipwondah33
12-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Personally, I think cheerleaders are stupid and completely unnecessary/useless at any event.Which was my point lol

steelerfan
12-12-2014, 04:31 PM
ESPN - Breaking: Vikings RB Adrian Peterson's appeal of suspension for violating conduct policy has been denied.

Of course it was denied. You can't treat another human like that! *Covers up mistreatment of cheerleaders like a cat in a litter box while getting players to do those stupid 'No More' commercials*

I #TrustTheScript

JeffHCross
12-12-2014, 05:45 PM

It's not a career for them as mostly if not all are either students or are in another career...and simply do that for funI agree. I understand why girls cheer in college and high school, but the circumstances are so much worse in the NFL, for seemingly less reason, that I can't see the reason to do it, unless you truly do enjoy it for fun (which I'm sure there are some that do).

psuexv
12-12-2014, 06:25 PM
ESPN - Breaking: Vikings RB Adrian Peterson's appeal of suspension for violating conduct policy has been denied.

Of course it was denied. You can't treat another human like that! *Covers up mistreatment of cheerleaders like a cat in a litter box while getting players to do those stupid 'No More' commercials*

I #TrustTheScript

Ram?

steelerfan
12-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Ram?
Nope.

This has nothing to do with conspiracy or "fixing" anything.

It has everything to do with the NFL pandering to public opinion AFTER they have egg on their face and it has to do with the NFL having a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality.

They tell fans "No More" while they themselves exploit women.

I #TrustTheScript

skipwondah33
12-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Only the players bitching are the ones that are getting in trouble mostly.

Not regarding on the field stuff...but off the field. Never really hear Troy Polomalu complaining about processes or appeals, unfair treatment...not due process

Get tired of hearing guys that are getting multiple chances and the NFLPA making arguments when they never seem to punish their own players or hold them accountable

Just my opinion

Rudy
12-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Miami was awful in their 3rd quarter. The defence has turned into a giant piece of crap. Their DL was a strength and has really fallen off. Just not sure where to go from here. Tannehill finally hit some deep plays and they had a huge drop on one.

steelerfan
12-14-2014, 11:12 PM
expect the Seahawks and Cards to pretty much if not suck,not do to well this year at all.

just watch, I have absolutely no fear of being wrong

the team hosting the SB never does well that year.

Seattle got their little trophy last year and now the league will use the focus of the pass defense rule as the reason Seattle has a drop off.

you guys are being played like a fiddle. They gave you "Tebow" the ultimate Christian and now they are giving you Johnny Football the ultimate "I don't care" guy.

in the 50s Johnny Football would be more of an All American name but the NFL is turning it into a trendy rebel nickname.

(((Johnny Football)))
((( he don't care)))
((( Johnny Football ,he's a rebel)))

Johnny Football bench.

all media outlets have been instructed to talk about Johnny football. so don't worry, he will play this year.I'm in California and they keep dropping his name all day. That is no accident. He'll come off the bench and save a game and the fire will start.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/14/c427901cb275d611e51d05ee994b8025.jpg

I #TrustTheScript

souljahbill
12-15-2014, 09:07 AM
What I don't understand is, why does Ram think that the NFL creates the stories first THEN tries to make the games fit the stories. It's easier to play the game and THEN find the interesting stories. Everyone here who does a dynasty recap plays their games first and then comments/commentates/analyzes what's happening/will happen afterwards.

It makes no sense to put the cart in front of the horse.

JBHuskers
12-15-2014, 11:04 AM
What I don't understand is, why does Ram think that the NFL creates the stories first THEN tries to make the games fit the stories. It's easier to play the game and THEN find the interesting stories. Everyone here who does a dynasty recap plays their games first and then comments/commentates/analyzes what's happening/will happen afterwards.

It makes no sense to put the cart in front of the horse.

Well that's because the NFL ISN'T fixed :D

JeffHCross
12-15-2014, 11:32 AM
the NFLPA making arguments when they never seem to punish their own players or hold them accountableThinking you're missing the point of the NFLPA ... they're, as far as I know, never going to punish the players in any way. That's not their reason for existing.

Rudy
12-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Mike Wallace got benched in the second half and didn't catch a ball. He is easily Miami's best WR but it hasn't been a great marriage. His contract probably means a third year but they have to use him better too.

steelerfan
12-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Mike Wallace got benched in the second half and didn't catch a ball. He is easily Miami's best WR but it hasn't been a great marriage. His contract probably means a third year but they have to use him better too.
So glad that Pittsburgh didn't pay him and kept Antonio Brown instead. Hell, I think I'd rather have Emmanuel Sanders back over Wallace.

I #TrustTheScript

skipwondah33
12-28-2014, 08:11 PM
+1

That was a great decision. Far better WR

psuexv
12-28-2014, 09:18 PM
So glad that Pittsburgh didn't pay him and kept Antonio Brown instead. Hell, I think I'd rather have Emmanuel Sanders back over Wallace.

I #TrustTheScript

I said that all along :D

I'd definitely take Sanders

steelerfan
12-29-2014, 02:50 AM
Ben Roethlisberger tied Drew Brees for the passing title, Antonio Brown led the league in receptions and receiving yards. Le'Veon Bell was 2nd in yards from scrimmage and rushing yards. Brown was 4th in yards from scrimmage. Rookie receiver Martavis Bryant caught 8 touchdown passes in just 10 games.

Brown's 129 catches for 1698 yards and 13 touchdowns are all new Steelers records.

The Steelers have put up alot of numbers on offense this year but the defense will determine how far they go in the playoffs.

I #TrustTheScript

Rudy
12-29-2014, 03:18 AM
Looks like Wallace quit on the team and had words with the coaches. And Philbin keeps his job. Not a good start to the offseason.

steelerfan
12-29-2014, 03:21 AM
Wallace is a cancer. I don't doubt it.

I #TrustTheScript

steelerfan
01-03-2015, 10:26 PM
It's a shame the Steelers didn't have Bell tonight. All things considered though, I have reason to be optimistic for 2015. I haven't had that optimism the last couple of years.

I #TrustTheScript

jaymo76
01-04-2015, 02:36 PM
I have said it for the last two years and I say it again today... how long will the Bengals go before they make a coaching change? Marv Lewis is a very personable guy and seems like an all around good person. However, under his watch the Bengals never win the big games and never deliver at key moments. The players have the talent but they always fall short. Detroit finally saw the light... when will Cincy???

SmoothPancakes
01-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Yep, Cincy is pretty much guaranteed one and done every year they make the playoffs. Marv Lewis seems like a great guy, but winning 9-12 games a year is his peak. He just doesn't have what it takes to go the distance in the playoffs.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript

morsdraconis
01-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Yep, Cincy is pretty much guaranteed one and done every year they make the playoffs. Marv Lewis seems like a great guy, but winning 9-12 games a year is his peak. He just doesn't have what it takes to go the distance in the playoffs.

Welcome to having a QB that just manages the game instead of being able to dictate to the defense through offensive ability.

SmoothPancakes
01-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Welcome to having a QB that just manages the game instead of being able to dictate to the defense through offensive ability.
That too! Andy Dalton has certainly not stepped up as a franchise QB when it comes to the playoffs. Cincy needs to find a coach who can get it done, and find a better franchise QB because Dalton is clearly not it. He does fine in the regular season, but come playoffs he sucks. Time to cut bait and find someone else.

Rudy
01-04-2015, 05:38 PM
It didn't help that they were missing AJ Green. I think Marvin Lewis is a good coach working for a cheap and frugal organization. He is limited by Dalton and their resources. The Bengals were a laughingstock until Lewis fixed things so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

psuexv
01-04-2015, 07:14 PM

Thats his role, he can't help it. You really think that the NFL would write the script so a ginger would be a superstar QB? Comeon man! Nobody likes gingers!!

skipwondah33
01-04-2015, 08:36 PM
It's a shame the Steelers didn't have Bell tonight. All things considered though, I have reason to be optimistic for 2015. I haven't had that optimism the last couple of years.

I #TrustTheScriptYeah not having one of the best if not best all around RB in NFL played a factor

Team did better than I expected even removing fan bias

Couldn't have expected to do much better with a patchwork Secondary of guys no one else wanted except Mitchell...and having to rely on a 36-yr old as one of the main sources of pass rush.

Still future looks bright on Offense. Bryant will get another off season in seeing what should be #1 team snaps which can only improve on what was a pretty solid rookie season considering he didn't get to play but what half a season.

And I must say despite the Ravens pressuring Ben, the Oline stayed relatively healthy all season and played really well.

Anxious to see what happens in Draft and off season

steelerfan
01-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Yeah not having one of the best if not best all around RB in NFL played a factor

Team did better than I expected even removing fan bias

Couldn't have expected to do much better with a patchwork Secondary of guys no one else wanted except Mitchell...and having to rely on a 36-yr old as one of the main sources of pass rush.

Still future looks bright on Offense. Bryant will get another off season in seeing what should be #1 team snaps which can only improve on what was a pretty solid rookie season considering he didn't get to play but what half a season.

And I must say despite the Ravens pressuring Ben, the Oline stayed relatively healthy all season and played really well.

Anxious to see what happens in Draft and off season
I hope they take about 5 corners in the draft and then see which ones stick, lol.

I #TrustTheScript

skipwondah33
01-04-2015, 11:50 PM
Haha you know I was thinking the same

Took Shaq Richardson but he got hurt and believe ended getting taken off practice squad by someone.

Speaking of which hopefully Howard Jones from Shepherd sticks around and can be worked with. He showed some potential during preseason as a young project

steelerfan
01-05-2015, 12:03 AM
I'm 99% sure the Steelers released Richardson from their Practice Squad and he wasn't picked up by anyone.

Speaking of Jones, I'd like to see more Branchflower next preseason.

I #TrustTheScript

skipwondah33
01-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Correct read Steelers reached an injury settlement with him

I must have been thinking of Wesley Johnson who was picked up from the practice squad by the New York Jets...which I also believe happened a week or so before Pittsburgh played the Jets.

Either I say Draft all Corners and Safeties lol

JeffHCross
01-07-2015, 11:44 AM
That too! Andy Dalton has certainly not stepped up as a franchise QB when it comes to the playoffs. Cincy needs to find a coach who can get it done, and find a better franchise QB because Dalton is clearly not it. He does fine in the regular season, but come playoffs he sucks. Time to cut bait and find someone else.

It didn't help that they were missing AJ Green. I think Marvin Lewis is a good coach working for a cheap and frugal organization. He is limited by Dalton and their resources. The Bengals were a laughingstock until Lewis fixed things so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.As much as I want to judge Dalton for his playoff record, Rudy makes the point (that Grantland drove him as well (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/wild-card-nfl-playoffs-lions-cowboys-panthers-cardinals-ravens-steelers/)) that when Rex Burkhead is one of your top receiving threats on the field ... honestly, would it have made a difference if Tom Brady or Peyton Manning had been out there instead? Probably not.

Thats his role, he can't help it. You really think that the NFL would write the script so a ginger would be a superstar QB? Comeon man! Nobody likes gingers!!
https://38.media.tumblr.com/141325ea7d97f75960d20401b9754095/tumblr_mwhmc28zwV1s7dtk5o1_500.gif

psuexv
01-07-2015, 11:51 AM
As much as I want to judge Dalton for his playoff record, Rudy makes the point (that Grantland drove him as well (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/wild-card-nfl-playoffs-lions-cowboys-panthers-cardinals-ravens-steelers/)) that when Rex Burkhead is one of your top receiving threats on the field ... honestly, would it have made a difference if Tom Brady or Peyton Manning had been out there instead? Probably not.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/141325ea7d97f75960d20401b9754095/tumblr_mwhmc28zwV1s7dtk5o1_500.gif

Not sure if the Tom Brady comparison holds up as he's had a number of years with nobody receivers and still won. I know a lot of those years they had good defenses but Brady put up numbers and didn't give the game away.

skipwondah33
01-07-2015, 11:58 AM
It could be too that Dalton just isn't going to be much better than he currently is...average

Hell the Chiefs went all season without a WR catching a TD pass. Now sure the Chiefs don't have Elite WR's you could say but 0 TD catches!

That also happen to employ a QB who (I may not have the right stat or number, average less than 9 yards average distance his passes traveled through the air). I know it was something very low and the lowest in the league.

Now maybe a case can be made for Alex the Game Manager but Dalton has more weapons than he does.

psuexv
01-07-2015, 12:08 PM
So I was curious and looked at the 2004 Pats SB team. Top WRs on the year.

David Givens 56 catches
David Patten 44 catches
Deion Branch 35 catches

and Brady threw for 3600 yards.

psuexv
01-07-2015, 12:11 PM
It could be too that Dalton just isn't going to be much better than he currently is...average

Hell the Chiefs went all season without a WR catching a TD pass. Now sure the Chiefs don't have Elite WR's you could say but 0 TD catches!

That also happen to employ a QB who (I may not have the right stat or number, average less than 9 yards average distance his passes traveled through the air). I know it was something very low and the lowest in the league.

Now maybe a case can be made for Alex the Game Manager but Dalton has more weapons than he does.

and to me that's a coaching issue. You can win with a game manager at QB, especially with the running game that they have and a decent defense.

skipwondah33
01-07-2015, 12:27 PM
and to me that's a coaching issue. You can win with a game manager at QB, especially with the running game that they have and a decent defense.Oh I definitely agree

And maybe Smith is just a better QB than Dalton

I don't think Marvin Lewis is a bad coach, but unsure if the Hue Jackson pairing is a good one...granted the Jay Gruden one wasn't the best either.

The Bengals have been picked as the most talented team in the division, hell maybe even the Conference for 2-3 years yet still don't achieve

steelerfan
01-07-2015, 05:18 PM
I can't believe that I never saw this until today! :D

http://youtu.be/kxv4hOpbFEQ

I #TrustTheScript

SmoothPancakes
01-07-2015, 05:45 PM
I can't believe that I never saw this until today! :D

http://youtu.be/kxv4hOpbFEQ

I #TrustTheScript

Don't forget volume 2! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFy9K9emyzc

SmoothPancakes
01-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Damn, that channel is a goldmine! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6CoykBqzdI

steelerfan
01-07-2015, 07:12 PM
:nod:

I #TrustTheScript

jaymo76
01-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Damn, that channel is a goldmine! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6CoykBqzdI

Awesome clip!

jaymo76
01-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Nice way to step up when it counts Flacco! I don't get paid millions of dollars and even I could see the safety coming over the top. :down:

SmoothPancakes
01-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Nice way to step up when it counts Flacco! I don't get paid millions of dollars and even I could see the safety coming over the top. :down:

It was scripted. Ram called the fact that Baltimore was going to win in New England for the third time so Denver could get home field advantage. Instead of getting a game winning touchdown with less than a minute left to thrill the drooling masses, the NFL had to call a script audible and instead have Flacco intentionally throw an interception and let New England win.

#TrustTheScript

steelerfan
01-10-2015, 07:08 PM
It was scripted. Ram called the fact that Baltimore was going to win in New England for the third time so Denver could get home field advantage. Instead of getting a game winning touchdown with less than a minute left to thrill the drooling masses, the NFL had to call a script audible and instead have Flacco intentionally throw an interception and let New England win.

#TrustTheScript
Yeah, ram was a year early again.

I #TrustTheScript

Rudy
01-11-2015, 03:21 PM
I hate that catch rule. It just doesn't pass the eyeball test to me. Three steps and he looked like he stretched for the end zone. Just seems like a dumb rule.

steelerfan
01-11-2015, 03:28 PM
I hate that catch rule. It just doesn't pass the eyeball test to me. Three steps and he looked like he stretched for the end zone. Just seems like a dumb rule.
I disagree.

Regardless, after the BS against Detroit, it's Instant Karma. :)

I #TrustTheScript

SmoothPancakes
01-11-2015, 03:33 PM
I disagree.

Regardless, after the BS against Detroit, it's Instant Karma. :)

I #TrustTheScript

And it's a script the drooling masses will lap right up! Detroit gets screwed last week against Dallas, Dallas is on the receiving end the next week, and the drooling masses get to cheer and chant Karma!

The NFL is fixed! I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX5tfRdkoY0

Rudy
01-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Mike Carey is awful as CBS replay guy. I liked him as a ref but he is not a good TV presence and gets it wrong a lot. Fox guy is much better.

jaymo76
01-11-2015, 07:09 PM
I was pulling for Peyton but now I think it might be time to hang it up. He's had an excellent career but I think father time has caught up. Out there today he looked slow on his feet and with his reads.

psuexv
01-11-2015, 07:16 PM
I was pulling for Peyton but now I think it might be time to hang it up. He's had an excellent career but I think father time has caught up. Out there today he looked slow on his feet and with his reads.

Agree. He was exposed in the SB last year and you can tell he's getting old and the arm can't hold up for a whole season.

Rudy
01-11-2015, 10:35 PM
Agree. He was exposed in the SB last year and you can tell he's getting old and the arm can't hold up for a whole season.

Absolutely correct. His arm is falling apart over the season. He almost needs to be shut down for a few weeks during the season. At this point he struggles with the outside throws and playing outdoors doesn't help. He's never been great in the playoffs though. This was probably his 10th one and done in the playoffs.

souljahbill
01-11-2015, 10:53 PM
I would make this post in the NFL is fixed thread but it needs to be locked RIGHT NOW with Smooth's post being the grand finale. It's EPIC!

SmoothPancakes
01-11-2015, 11:15 PM
I would make this post in the NFL is fixed thread but it needs to be locked RIGHT NOW with Smooth's post being the grand finale. It's EPIC!
Thank you. :)

I was originally planning on saving that until after the Super Bowl, but as Denver has already lost, and Seattle has already reached the NFC Championship Game as the NFC #1 seed (thereby closing the door on Ram's claim that Seattle would fade into obscurity), there was pretty much nothing left remaining of Ram's previous predictions, so the time felt right tonight. :)

I do agree, if there was ever a time to close that thread and just put an end to the stupidity once and for all, now is the time. That was partially why I reposted my "Case. Closed." quote last, sort of like putting the final nail in the coffin of a long dead and over-flogged horse.

psuexv
01-12-2015, 08:31 AM
Thank you. :)

I was originally planning on saving that until after the Super Bowl, but as Denver has already lost, and Seattle has already reached the NFC Championship Game as the NFC #1 seed (thereby closing the door on Ram's claim that Seattle would fade into obscurity), there was pretty much nothing left remaining of Ram's previous predictions, so the time felt right tonight. :)

I do agree, if there was ever a time to close that thread and just put an end to the stupidity once and for all, now is the time. That was partially why I reposted my "Case. Closed." quote last, sort of like putting the final nail in the coffin of a long dead and over-flogged horse.

Yep!!! Lock it down. My posts can easily be deleted so yours is the last. Comeon Admins!!!!!!!

JBHuskers
01-12-2015, 09:27 AM
Everyone keeps talking about Manning's throws down the field just not hitting the mark. Maybe it is time to hang it up.

For the Denver fans that boo'd him yesterday, well they're Denver fans.

psuexv
01-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Here's what I don't understand. How do bad coaches continue to get hired for head coaching jobs? Well this guy had 5 terrible seasons at so and so team and got fired, but let's give him another shot. Has that ever worked for any team? Has any coach that's been fired been successful with another team?

skipwondah33
01-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Wasn't many open options either. The Colts had a solid gameplan for them...hold err...I mean be physical with the WR's...

reminds me of the games against New England when he was with the Colts. Or last year's SB. Amazing how a gameplan like that can make a QB seem like he doesn't have arm strength or is off on alot of his throws. Completely destroys timing...which is everything to Manning-led Offenses

The only obvious thing that stood out to me is that the team can't solely rely on Manning and need better creativity on Offense maybe.

Whatever his numbers were beyond 15 yards, or whatever the "downfield" criteria is...which of those did the WR actually get open on

skipwondah33
01-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Here's what I don't understand. How do bad coaches continue to get hired for head coaching jobs? Well this guy had 5 terrible seasons at so and so team and got fired, but let's give him another shot. Has that ever worked for any team? Has any coach that's been fired been successful with another team?+1 +1 +1 +1

Alot of recycling happens before some guys even get their 1st chance to be a HC. Been happening for sometime now

souljahbill
01-12-2015, 09:50 AM
Here's what I don't understand. How do bad coaches continue to get hired for head coaching jobs? Well this guy had 5 terrible seasons at so and so team and got fired, but let's give him another shot. Has that ever worked for any team? Has any coach that's been fired been successful with another team?

Pete Carroll and Bill Belicheck

They're the exception, not the rule though.

JBHuskers
01-12-2015, 10:22 AM
Shefty just reported that Manning has been playing the past month with a torn right quad. Ow. Maybe that explains the bad throws.

souljahbill
01-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Shefty just reported that Manning has been playing the past month with a torn right quad. Ow. Maybe that explains the bad throws.

It does. He's arm is already below average since the surgery so he needs his legs to generate more velocity. With a bad leg, he couldn't generate the force needed to make better throws.

#TheScriptIsDead

skipwondah33
01-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Was getting ready to post that. Couple that with the Colts gameplan...then there you have it

One of the comments on ESPN.com was hilarious though in regards to this injury

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa201/skipwondah33/haha.png

JBHuskers
01-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Yeah that's basically true with Cutler.

skipwondah33
01-12-2015, 10:48 AM
http://youtu.be/8DYje57V_BY

psuexv
01-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Pete Carroll and Bill Belicheck

They're the exception, not the rule though.

I don't really count Carroll because he left for a long time, maybe learned some things at USC and came from a successful program to the NFL. Belicheck, yeah.

Rudy
01-12-2015, 11:01 AM
The Ravens were caught off guard with the Patriots lining up a RB as an ineligible receiver and only using 4 OL. Personally I hate that crap. I give Belichik credit but it's too easy to confuse players - especially on the lower levels. Futhermore, the most useless penalty in all of football is the illegal formation penalty.

Why not force every team to line up a LT, LG, C, RG and RT. Those are your 5 ineligible WRS. Everyone else can line up wherever they want and catch a pass. No more worrying about being on the line vs 1 yard off. Screw that crap. I know some teams, particularly in college like to use an unbalanced line once in awhile but 99% of all plays are run out of a traditional OL set from games I watch. It would make it simpler and also eliminate the stupid illegal formation penalty.

psuexv
01-12-2015, 11:15 AM
The Ravens were caught off guard with the Patriots lining up a RB as an ineligible receiver and only using 4 OL. Personally I hate that crap. I give Belichik credit but it's too easy to confuse players - especially on the lower levels. Futhermore, the most useless penalty in all of football is the illegal formation penalty.

Why not force every team to line up a LT, LG, C, RG and RT. Those are your 5 ineligible WRS. Everyone else can line up wherever they want and catch a pass. No more worrying about being on the line vs 1 yard off. Screw that crap. I know some teams, particularly in college like to use an unbalanced line once in awhile but 99% of all plays are run out of a traditional OL set from games I watch. It would make it simpler and also eliminate the stupid illegal formation penalty.

Does anyone even know what the illegal formation penalty is supposed to protect against?

skipwondah33
01-12-2015, 11:25 AM
The Ravens were caught off guard with the Patriots lining up a RB as an ineligible receiver and only using 4 OL. Personally I hate that crap. I give Belichik credit but it's too easy to confuse players - especially on the lower levels. Futhermore, the most useless penalty in all of football is the illegal formation penalty.Thing is the Patriots use that same similar formation 3 times that game, all 3 on the same drive if I'm not mistaken.

One of the plays the Ravens had 12 men on the field.

Harbaugh should have used a TO probably

Rudy
01-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Does anyone even know what the illegal formation penalty is supposed to protect against?

Exactly! Just to make sure they know which WRs are eligible. Let's just make it simple.

skipwondah33
01-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Heard about this story last week but it damn it was cool hearing him actually speak about it

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12155533/rob-konrad-recounts-16-hour-swim-survival

That's crazy man. I don't mind flying, but being on water is terrifying to me...let alone being in the ocean.

JBHuskers
01-12-2015, 04:37 PM
John Fox and the Denver Broncos mutually part ways.

Wonder if that is the first step for Manning retiring.

Come on over to Chicago John!

morsdraconis
01-12-2015, 04:40 PM
John Fox and the Denver Broncos mutually part ways.

Wonder if that is the first step for Manning retiring.

Come on over to Chicago John!

It was an all in season for them. Heads have to roll for something like that. I think it's 90/10 that Peyton stays in the league.

JBHuskers
01-12-2015, 04:42 PM
It was an all in season for them. Heads have to roll for something like that. I think it's 90/10 that Peyton stays in the league.
Lots of mouths to feed in free agency for them.

SmoothPancakes
01-12-2015, 04:44 PM

Yep. Denver is going to be a shell of themselves next season. Almost every unrestricted free agent is a known name, key player on either offense or defense. Denver is going to bleed like a stuck pig this off season when it comes to losing players to free agency. Despite John Fox putting up a great record in his four years, it was time for some fresh blood and clearly Elway is looking towards the future without Manning for his next move in terms of head coach.

Hopefully Adam Gase gets promoted from OC to Head Coach as he seems to be a good candidate for the jump up, especially as shown by the amount of teams who have interviewed him thus far over the last two weeks. If Gase gets promoted, I could see Manning coming back next year. If the Broncos go a different route or Gase gets hired as head coach elsewhere, I think Manning will hang it up.

JBHuskers
01-12-2015, 04:48 PM
I know Da Bears have been talking to Gase.

The fantasy football side of me wants Manning to go and have Osweiler take over as I have him in a dynasty league :)

SmoothPancakes
01-12-2015, 05:03 PM
I know Da Bears have been talking to Gase.

The fantasy football side of me wants Manning to go and have Osweiler take over as I have him in a dynasty league :)

Yeah, as much as I enjoy watching Manning play, I'm sort of looking forward to the time when he does decide to retire, as I am very much interested in seeing what Osweiler can do. He's been groomed all these years as the future QB of the Broncos, so I want to see how he does when named the starter.

Rudy
01-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Yeah, the Rob Konrad swim story was crazy. A shark swam around him.

And Peyton apparently loves Gase. Maybe he gets promoted. I think Peyton comes back for one more year but who knows?

ram29jackson
01-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Bane introduces the Falcons new stadium
https://sports.vice.com/article/the-falcons-stadium-preview-as-voiced-by-bane/?utm_vicesportstwitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sKaUkGh5kM#t=94

The Atlanta Falcons are getting a new stadium and game day experience for which they just released a video preview, and it is the most ridiculous thing you'll ever see. This is your 2015 NFL experience, an action thriller directed by a Chris Nolan fanboy. So, we decided to add in some appropriate dialogue to go along with sweeping music. I promise you, the only thing added here was the dialogue-everything else is exactly as the Falcons made it-and somehow it's still not as absurd as the original. See for yourself.

SmoothPancakes
01-13-2015, 02:33 PM
So does that mean Atlanta will win the Super Bowl next year?

#TheScriptIsDead

ram29jackson
01-13-2015, 03:00 PM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/cowboys-tattoo.jpg

JBHuskers
01-13-2015, 05:32 PM
Sounds like Del Rio to Oakland is all but done and Gase is likely to land in San Francisco after a huge push. Wonder where Denver goes. Maybe Bowles in Arizona.

steelerfan
01-16-2015, 01:58 PM
ESPN - Breaking: Bears have hired John Fox as head coach - sources; 1 of just 6 coaches to lead 2 different teams to Super Bowl.

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
01-16-2015, 05:11 PM
ESPN - Breaking: Bears have hired John Fox as head coach - sources; 1 of just 6 coaches to lead 2 different teams to Super Bowl.

#TheScriptIsDead
Giggity!

jaymo76
01-17-2015, 09:44 PM

#TheScriptIsDead

Really don't understand the Fox move by Elway. Four years and four division titles plus one trip to the SB. Who out there has a better resume?

steelerfan
01-17-2015, 10:04 PM
Really don't understand the Fox move by Elway. Four years and four division titles plus one trip to the SB. Who out there has a better resume?
I'm assuming a giant part of that was Fox not wanting to come back. By saying that I'm assuming the Broncos will be gutted this offseason.

#TheScriptIsDead

JeffHCross
01-17-2015, 11:23 PM
Really don't understand the Fox move by Elway. Four years and four division titles plus one trip to the SB. Who out there has a better resume?Who else out there has Peyton Manning?

Though I agree with Matt on this one, I imagine they had a talk about the future direction of the franchise. Maybe Elway had some concerns about Fox's ability post Peyton.

jaymo76
01-17-2015, 11:55 PM
I'm assuming a giant part of that was Fox not wanting to come back. By saying that I'm assuming the Broncos will be gutted this offseason.

#TheScriptIsDead

Who else out there has Peyton Manning?

Though I agree with Matt on this one, I imagine they had a talk about the future direction of the franchise. Maybe Elway had some concerns about Fox's ability post Peyton.

To be fair to Fox, that first season he won the division with the Orton/Tebow combination. Was the team not 4-12 the season before under McDaniels? Yes, Manning is a beast but he was one player not the entire team. Plus if I were Fox I would rather coach in Denver than deal with that headcase Cutler in Chicago. I got the sense Fox was pushed out rather than opted out... just my .02c though as I am pretty far away from the source.

JeffHCross
01-18-2015, 11:52 AM
That's true, jaymo. I forgot that the only good Tebow season was with Fox.

jaymo76
01-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Don't really want the Hawks to win the SB (too cocky for my liking) but I despise Brady and don't think the Colts can do it. I guess... "go Hawks!?"

steelerfan
01-18-2015, 05:46 PM
Don't really want the Hawks to win the SB (too cocky for my liking) but I despise Brady and don't think the Colts can do it. I guess... "go Hawks!?"
As a Steelers fan, my preferences going into this weekend were:

1. Colts
2. Seahawks
3. Packers
4. Patriots

My logical brain said:

1. Seahawks
2. Patriots
3. Packers
4. Colts

#TheScriptIsDead

jaymo76
01-18-2015, 05:52 PM
As a Steelers fan, my preferences going into this weekend were:

1. Colts
2. Seahawks
3. Packers
4. Patriots

My logical brain said:

1. Seahawks
2. Patriots
3. Packers
4. Colts

#TheScriptIsDead

I was honestly surprised that the Pack were in this game at all. I figured they would get crushed. I was pulling for a Packer SB but these playoffs have been a disaster for the teams I have pulled for. Honestly a Seahawk-Patriot SB matchup will probably be a great matchup but I will be hard-pressed to watch it (and I love football!).

Rudy
01-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Seattle has no weapons but a solid run game and defence. Feel bad for the guy who dropped the onside kick. The Packers defence could have not fallen apart down the stretch too.

steelerfan
01-18-2015, 08:48 PM
ESPN - Breaking: Gary Kubiak has agreed to become head coach of Denver Broncos, source told ESPN's Adam Schefter

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
01-18-2015, 10:32 PM
ESPN - NFL: Falcons expected to hire Seahawks assistant Dan Quinn as coach, will name Kyle Shanahan off. coordinator - Schefter

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
01-19-2015, 09:58 AM
ESPN - NFL: League is investigating whether the Patriots intentionally deflated footballs during their victory over the Colts.

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
01-19-2015, 11:23 AM
ESPN - NFL: League is investigating whether the Patriots intentionally deflated footballs during their victory over the Colts.

#TheScriptIsDead

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

steelerfan
01-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Once a cheater, always a cheater.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/19/946fb3b151944cd28a40b8cbeb8f090f.jpg

#TheScriptIsDead

skipwondah33
01-19-2015, 01:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000460733/article/doug-baldwin-unleashes-expletivefilled-rant-on-media

Yeah I bet he believed

He must have been talking about Seattle's fans...and not only the media because they were heading for the parking lots before the game was over.

Fact still remains Seattle still has a bunch of #2 at best and #3 quality WR's running routes for them.

Rudy
01-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Yeah, Seattle's receivers are crap. If they were so good why did they trade for Harvin? Why couldn't they get open during most of the game? Instead Russell is forcing it into tight windows leading to deflections and picks. Guaranteed Seattle is drafting some high this year. The fake FG and onside kick won them that game.

skipwondah33
01-19-2015, 01:17 PM
The fake FG and onside kick won them that game.Which I believe they were in desperation mode at that point. They only had something like 120 total yards before the fake.

Here Russell Wilson is in an interview crying...then you have these guys acting like their top 3 in the league at their position ranting. After a colossal F up by Green Bay in more ways than one. You can believe all you want....but at some point it isn't believing, it's hope

Hell I really believe that every time I was at a table in Vegas I was going to win my money back and some lol

steelerfan
01-20-2015, 10:14 PM
ESPN - NFL: Patriots had 11 of their 12 allotted footballs under-inflated by NFL regulations, sources told Chris Mortensen.

#TheScriptIsDead

souljahbill
01-20-2015, 10:39 PM
You'd think the equipment people would inflate the balls after the game once thus became a thing.

steelerfan
01-20-2015, 10:52 PM
You'd think the equipment people would inflate the balls after the game once thus became a thing.
I think the NFL took one during the game. If so, they probably were monitored and couldn't. I don't know though.

#TheScriptIsDead

Rudy
01-21-2015, 04:37 AM
I don't like the Patriots but this deflategate seems ridiculous to me. The Colts used their own balls so it didn't affect them on offence and I really don't think under inflating a ball helped Brady pass significantly better. I am surprised he liked them like that in the first place. The game was a freaking blowout. This is getting too much publicity imo.

steelerfan
01-21-2015, 04:53 AM
I don't like the Patriots but this deflategate seems ridiculous to me. The Colts used their own balls so it didn't affect them on offence and I really don't think under inflating a ball helped Brady pass significantly better. I am surprised he liked them like that in the first place. The game was a freaking blowout. This is getting too much publicity imo.
I don't think the result is the point. The point is that the Patriots are cheating again (or rather, caught again). They could have given each team the wrong footballs and New England would have still won. But enough with Bellicheat already.

Personally, the only justice that would satisfy me is a lifetime ban a la Pete Rose. How many times are they going to get caught before the hammer drops? And, no, I don't want to hear about fines and draft picks.

Look at the suspensions for Bountygate. Then think about those offenses in relation to cheating. And cheating enough to be caught three times.

#TheScriptIsDead

Rudy
01-21-2015, 06:39 AM
Well Bill must be a closet Raider because he certainly thinks you aren't trying if you aren't cheating. I won't argue that they don't bend or flat out break rules.

skipwondah33
01-21-2015, 08:56 AM
That would be kind of cool if it was proven that the deflated balls had something to do with the beating the Patriots put on the Colts

And not that fact...that well they were outplayed in ever facet and no defender from the Indy wanted any parts of tackling "that guy who smoked and walked his way out of Pittsburgh"

You could have put a sock football in his hands and it wouldn't have mattered

In regards to cheating. Pete Carroll's team has had the must PED suspensions of any team in the NFL since 2008-2009 I believe it was that I read a few months ago.

Rudy
01-21-2015, 09:03 AM
If the Pats doctored the balls after the refs reviewed them it's one thing. Personally, I think Brady likes the balls a little softer (rim shot here) and has always done this. Tim Hasselbeck said the average fan or ref wouldn't even notice. Every team's QB makes sure their footballs are to their liking. I really do think this story is overblown completely.

steelerfan
01-21-2015, 09:04 AM
You guys have changed my mind.

You're right.

Throw the rule book out! There's no need to have rules. If there weren't rules, the Patriots wouldn't keep getting caught. It's the rule book's fault!

#TheScriptIsDead

JeffHCross
01-21-2015, 09:05 AM
Well Bill must be a closet Raider because he certainly thinks you aren't trying if you aren't cheating. I won't argue that they don't bend or flat out break rules.Bill races NASCAR?

Personally, I think Brady likes the balls a little softer (rim shot here) and has always done this.I "like the balls" like this: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa_7kEBrotMmOoUk1OGdscTXp_Jpm 82jeSYhPSGdUn9zzHjnVfmbtB1E-MzaZ_pkxcoP5G9qgB&usqp=CAE, but I would imagine it's against the rules. Preference is not a reason for breaking the rules.

Rudy
01-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Obviously people are upset. I just find that I don't care at all about this subject. I'll be curious if there is more info to come out of this. Do refs test the PSI when they check the balls? Did they doctor them after the fact?

steelerfan
01-21-2015, 09:22 AM
I'm honestly surprised that a guy whose team has taken it up the ass from the Cheatriots for the last 15 years is not fed up with their antics.

skipwondah33
01-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Not that I don't believe they shouldn't be punished just had no bearing on the game IMO.

I'd venture to say they aren't the only ones doing it...just the ones that got caught. Something tells me awful weird that all of a sudden they got caught however in this one playoff game

What have the players and Refs not been paying attention to anything every time they play the Patriots? Also difficult to believe if it's not the first time...that they would get caught if it was the first time.

And what all were deflated except 1? Why was that one not deflated as well. Do 11, may as well do all 12 right

Regarding rules...well everyone complains about the rules/penalties anyway. Like everything though, players like some rules...hate the others

steelerfan
01-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Not that I don't believe they shouldn't be punished just had no bearing on the game IMO.

Did you read post #388? I said it didn't matter in the outcome.

skipwondah33
01-21-2015, 10:32 AM
Did you read post #388? I said it didn't matter in the outcome.Oh yeah I know, just staying my belief that it had nothing to do with the outcome if my other post didn't convey that lol

Post wasn't a direct reply to you

Rudy
01-21-2015, 10:38 AM
I'm honestly surprised that a guy whose team has taken it up the ass from the Cheatriots for the last 15 years is not fed up with their antics.

I do not like the Patriots. I'm sick of Brady and Belichik but this thing just doesn't bug me. It is what it is.

Another report that the balls may have been under inflated in Ravens game: http://www.csnbaltimore.com/blog/ravens-talk/report-patriots-belichick-also-deflated-balls-against-ravens-harbaugh.

steelerfan
01-21-2015, 10:47 AM
I do not like the Patriots. I'm sick of Brady and Belichik but this thing just doesn't bug me. It is what it is.

Another report that the balls may have been under inflated in Ravens game: http://www.csnbaltimore.com/blog/ravens-talk/report-patriots-belichick-also-deflated-balls-against-ravens-harbaugh.

If that's true, it could be that they've now been caught 4 times.

The excuses of "some guys like their balls soft" or "everyone cheats" or "players don't like some rules" don't fly with me. That type of enabling rhetoric has led these pricks to do it over and over again. Why have rules if they are meaningless and can be interpreted by each individual as they see fit?

steelerfan
01-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Oh yeah I know, just staying my belief that it had nothing to do with the outcome if my other post didn't convey that lol

Post wasn't a direct reply to you

:up:

skipwondah33
01-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Worst part is they don't need to actually do any of this. I'd guess to say they would still be successful as they have been

Still odd that 11 out of 12 were deflated. Odd number to stop at if you are playing a numbers game. "Like hey maybe they will pick the one that is inflated correctly"

Other than the broken rules, even with I don't have any Patriots or Brady hate like most in the world. On a similar note I don't have any Duke hate either though lol

Ah well, hoping for a good Super Bowl and not the skull dragging that was last years

steelerfan
01-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Worst part is they don't need to actually do any of this. I'd guess to say they would still be successful as they have been

Still odd that 11 out of 12 were deflated. Odd number to stop at if you are playing a numbers game. "Like hey maybe they will pick the one that is inflated correctly"

Other than the broken rules, even with I don't have any Patriots or Brady hate like most in the world. On a similar note I don't have any Duke hate either though lol

Ah well, hoping for a good Super Bowl and not the skull dragging that was last years

Against the Colts last weekend, I agree, they didn't need to do it. However, they still did. In the past? Who knows? Would they have beaten the Rams or the Steelers or Jets or whomever without allegedly cheating? We'll never know.

Stopping at 11, my guess, was one of a few things:

1) ran out of time after getting balls back from officials

2) knew officials would only check one ball and handed them that one

3) mistake

4) backup QB does not like his balls "soft"

Just some guesses. :dunno:

skipwondah33
01-21-2015, 01:43 PM
Interestingly enough stories are coming out of others who doctored footballs

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/brad-johnson-paid-dollar7500-to-have-balls-scuffed-at-super-bowl/ar-AA8r9Dv

I remember the "scoffing" trick, believe sand paper is/was used. Coaches use to do that at my HS. That or rub it around on the concrete lol

Some good guesses. Still tough to believe they would chose to do all of them like that, and not half or a few. Tough to imagine going with 1/12 odds.

Would be better to go with doing 6 that way then leaving another 6 deflated. This team/guys aren't stupid so I am guessing there is a better way to avoid not getting caught.

And again, makes me think...what in the hell were the opponents and Refs doing if this wasn't the first time? Surely they all know what a properly inflated football feels like...since they know what a deflated one feels like.

ram29jackson
01-21-2015, 01:48 PM
a freaking dollar each ?
DeflateGate cookies are currently being made at a local Boston Common Coffee Shop for a dollar each. Seriously.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7466usCEAAZ66r.jpg

JBHuskers
01-21-2015, 03:04 PM
I think that's a "fixed" price too.

SmoothPancakes
01-21-2015, 04:30 PM
I think that's a "fixed" price too.
Agreed. It should be $12 each.

#TheScriptIsDead

ram29jackson
01-21-2015, 06:51 PM
Agreed. It should be $12 each.

#TheScriptIsDead

12 for $12 would be better actually...or 12 cents apiece

SmoothPancakes
01-21-2015, 07:02 PM
a freaking dollar each ?

12 for $12 would be better actually...or 12 cents apiece

So a "freaking" dollar each is apparently too much, but 12 for $12 (thus, a "freaking" dollar each) is just right. :dunce:

http://static.tumblr.com/086bd9576dee4dfc4110dacd980af154/6tqrtxy/amomlee3i/tumblr_static_ralph_wiggum.gif

:D

ram29jackson
01-21-2015, 08:43 PM
So a "freaking" dollar each is apparently too much, but 12 for $12 (thus, a "freaking" dollar each) is just right. :dunce:

http://static.tumblr.com/086bd4dfc4110dacd980af154/6tqrtxy/amomlee3i/tumblr_static_ralph_wiggum.gif

I was obviously looking for an excuse to just type 12 more than one time. No wonder things confuse you so.

SmoothPancakes
01-21-2015, 09:25 PM
I was obviously looking for an excuse to just type 12 more than one time. No wonder things confuse you so.
A likely excuse there sockboy. :eyeroll:

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
01-22-2015, 12:22 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/21/e9346fb245080f5de14e5da054201239.jpg

#TheScriptIsDead

ram29jackson
01-22-2015, 02:13 AM
A likely excuse there sockboy. :eyeroll:

#TheScriptIsDead

I have more than 12 socks

Rudy
01-22-2015, 04:35 AM
Ram, that was an embarrassing display of poor math skills.

skipwondah33
01-22-2015, 03:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12210027/pittsburgh-steelers-security-chief-dual-role-sheriff-officer-questioned

Finally caught on huh lol

SmoothPancakes
01-22-2015, 05:56 PM
Watching ESPN, one of the round table talking heads shows (I know, like that really narrows it down any :D), and either they were talking about Deflategate, or one of them had intimate, first hand knowledge of what happens in the Brady house at night. All I heard were the words "Equipment manager", "Tom Brady's balls" and "just the way he likes it".

I will say, it sounds like the great foundation for a porno!

ram29jackson
01-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Ram, that was an embarrassing display of poor math skills.

and the socks are pretty boring too. Theyre all white-no stripes

ram29jackson
01-23-2015, 01:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czSegPchDmU

SmoothPancakes
01-23-2015, 02:56 PM
Tom Brady is very particular about how his balls are handled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tVHbdqGYOU

souljahbill
01-23-2015, 03:15 PM
$88 BILLION dollars!
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=dallascowboys&id=4740101

skipwondah33
01-23-2015, 04:06 PM
http://www.afcaforum.com/attachment.php?id=81693

steelerfan
01-25-2015, 03:16 PM
ESPN - NFL: Browns WR Josh Gordon failed another drug test and now will be subject to a 1-year suspension - sources

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#TheScriptIsDead

skipwondah33
01-25-2015, 03:24 PM
I recall talking about him when his suspension earlier this season was about to happen

Figured wouldn't be long again

SmoothPancakes
01-25-2015, 05:43 PM
What a dumbass. Yes, it sucks not being able to drink alcohol, but goddamn man! You're pissing your career away! Just stay off the sauce long enough for the DUI to pass and to not have a positive test for it screw you over.

#TheScriptIsDead

skipwondah33
01-25-2015, 09:58 PM
Sherman doing more talking

But ignoring the fact that the Seahawks have had the most PED positive tests during Carroll's time.

skipwondah33
01-30-2015, 10:20 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/deflation-experiments-show-patriots-may-have-a-point-after-all/ar-AA8LI9x

JeffHCross
01-31-2015, 07:53 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Pats-NWO.jpg

skipwondah33
01-31-2015, 07:08 PM
Jerome Bettis is going into the Hall!!!!!!!!

Proud that he got in. He and Junior Seau were my favorite players growing up.

Can't wait to hopefully go to the ceremony later this year

ram29jackson
01-31-2015, 07:45 PM
tradition

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/cake2_zpsmh2ytosf.jpg (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/cake2_zpsmh2ytosf.jpg.html)

SmoothPancakes
01-31-2015, 08:19 PM
Where are all the 12s?

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
01-31-2015, 08:23 PM
tradition

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/cake2_zpsmh2ytosf.jpg (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/cake2_zpsmh2ytosf.jpg.html)
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/31/d14b8e220827f525919566777d19cadf.jpg

My guess would be the grown man who offers to bring the pastries to the party.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
01-31-2015, 08:30 PM
Glad to see Bettis get into the Hall. Long overdue. :up:

#TheScriptIsDead

ram29jackson
01-31-2015, 08:46 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/31/d14b8e220827f525919566777d19cadf.jpg

My guess would be the grown man who offers to bring the pastries to the party.

#TheScriptIsDead

large amounts beer consumption causes estrogen in men. That would be you honey. 35 years and no one complains about the cake LOL.
its not made out of socks either

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2b/a9/33/2ba9331144d0686d3e6dab0596fd2477.jpg

SmoothPancakes
01-31-2015, 08:47 PM
large amounts beer consumption causes estrogen in men. That would be you honey. 35 years and no one complains about the cake LOL.

Well of course not. For a change, mother gets to enjoy food that she didn't have to cook and bring down to the basement first.

skipwondah33
01-31-2015, 09:50 PM
Glad to see Bettis get into the Hall. Long overdue. :up:

#TheScriptIsDead

Definitely

jaymo76
01-31-2015, 10:40 PM
:Oakland_Raiders: #81 Tim Brown... amazing stats for a guy who played with some awful Raider QB's in the 1990's. Good to see he finally made it into the Hall.

steelerfan
01-31-2015, 11:40 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2b/a9/33/2ba9331144d0686d3e6dab0596fd2477.jpg
Good luck explaining this, Perry.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/31/00c1895225161ffc40f9ae3744650544.jpg

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Well of course not. For a change, mother gets to enjoy food that she didn't have to cook and bring down to the basement first.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/01/c029918805f8d4340c9c15883c7155c5.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/01/25ac02f9b330a7730f8cccb5f48e8909.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/01/c80b59f7823da0389c455b2c57556809.jpg

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
02-01-2015, 11:51 AM
There we go! I was waiting for that. :D

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-01-2015, 12:02 PM
There we go! I was waiting for that. :D

#TheScriptIsDead
:up:

#TheScriptIsDead

ram29jackson
02-01-2015, 12:13 PM
fascinating.
you act like children when confronted with something that confuses you and you know absolutely nothing about my life on any level.

Steelers above post is interesting considering he did half to an entire NCAA roster for no pay.

souljahbill
02-01-2015, 12:29 PM
fascinating.
you act like children when confronted with something that confuses you and you know absolutely nothing about my life on any level.

Steelers above post is interesting considering he did half to an entire NCAA roster for no pay.

The only thing "confusing" about the bullshit you spew is how crazy must one be to believe that garbage?

Rudy
02-01-2015, 12:43 PM
I find deflategate completely overblown now that the NFL finally admitted they never tested the pressure of the balls before the game. So there is no way of suggesting the balls were deflated at halftime. The truth is Brady submitted balls that were slightly flat because he has always done it that way along with every other qb who turns in game balls to their preference. The NFL looks stupid for letting this drag out. They haven't even talked to Brady or Belichik.

Rudy
02-01-2015, 12:51 PM
And the NFL rule on ball pressure hasn't changed since prior to 1940. The balls have changed and so has the game since then. It is a trivial rule and unnecessary imo. The head of officials admitted that they may change the rule next year.

steelerfan
02-01-2015, 01:50 PM
fascinating.

Are you sure?

#TheScriptIsDead

skipwondah33
02-01-2015, 02:42 PM
I find deflategate completely overblown now that the NFL finally admitted they never tested the pressure of the balls before the game. So there is no way of suggesting the balls were deflated at halftime. The truth is Brady submitted balls that were slightly flat because he has always done it that way along with every other qb who turns in game balls to their preference. The NFL looks stupid for letting this drag out. They haven't even talked to Brady or Belichik.Pretty much...

Rudy
02-02-2015, 02:44 PM
I loved these quotes from a Patriots player about Mike Wallace. Wallace was frustrated and ended up getting benched because he wants more targets - and deep ones. The problem was Tannehill isn't good at throwing deep and is more conservative by nature. Brady doesn't go deep much either so Wallace isn't a great fit in Miami and he whined about it.

The Patriots player called Wallace mentally soft. He said a real team just goes to work, doesn't complain about how he's used or his coaches or teammates. He shuts his mouth and just gets it done like they did after a bad start this year.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/02/patriot-the-wallace-issue-is-a-sign-of-mental-weakness.html

JBHuskers
02-02-2015, 03:14 PM
Warren Sapp solicits a prostitute allegedly :D at least he waited til the end of the season to get suspended from the NFL Network without pay.

Considering the money troubles he's had, you'd think he'd not do something like that to jeopardize his TV job.

SmoothPancakes
02-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Warren Sapp solicits a prostitute allegedly :D at least he waited til the end of the season to get suspended from the NFL Network without pay.

Considering the money troubles he's had, you'd think he'd not do something like that to jeopardize his TV job.
The most important question is, was she 12? :ram?:

steelerfan
02-02-2015, 06:27 PM
The most important question is, was she 12? :ram?:

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
02-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Not only shopping for hookers, but slapping them around. :D

Rudy
02-03-2015, 04:39 AM
Good riddance to Sapp. He has always annoyed me. Ran his mouth off at Strahan, Shockey and others. Won't miss that mouth at all. NFL Network has one less hack.

ram29jackson
02-03-2015, 05:58 PM
Good riddance to Sapp. He has always annoyed me. Ran his mouth off at Strahan, Shockey and others. Won't miss that mouth at all. NFL Network has one less hack.

the nfl employ's nothing but hacks in the first place. LOL at Ladainian Tomlinson talking on tv

steelerfan
02-03-2015, 07:11 PM
the nfl employ's nothing but hacks in the first place. LOL at Ladainian Tomlinson talking on tv
Speaking of hacks, the word is "employs" (no apostrophe since it is neither possessive nor a contraction). I won't tell you anything else about the word because, if you knew the definition of the word, you would run screaming to mother's arms.

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
02-03-2015, 08:02 PM

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
02-03-2015, 09:05 PM
Speaking of hacks, the word is "employs" (no apostrophe since it is neither possessive nor a contraction). I won't tell you anything else about the word because, if you knew the definition of the word, you would run screaming to mother's arms.

#TheScriptIsDead
http://imgur.com/0dGRo37.jpg

steelerfan
02-03-2015, 09:06 PM

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-09-2015, 04:45 PM
ESPN - NFL: Ed Sabol, founder of NFL Films, died Monday at age 98; he was elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame as a contributor.

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
02-10-2015, 01:48 AM
He was a pioneer. RIP

JBHuskers
02-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Steelerfan gets off the hook :D

Charges have been dismissed against a fan who was accused of urinating on the grave of late Ravens owner Art Modell. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12310158/charges-dismissed-cleveland-browns-fan-paul-serbu-urinated-grave-baltimore-ravens-owner-art-modell)

steelerfan
02-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Steelerfan gets off the hook :D

Charges have been dismissed against a fan who was accused of urinating on the grave of late Ravens owner Art Modell. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12310158/charges-dismissed-cleveland-browns-fan-paul-serbu-urinated-grave-baltimore-ravens-owner-art-modell)
It's good that the courts agree the pissing on his grave is acceptable.

http://youtu.be/rAwO9IISkfs

#TheScriptIsDead

skipwondah33
02-16-2015, 02:21 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470723/article/brandon-bostick-released-by-green-bay-packers

This was probably happening regardless but nonetheless figured it was going to

jaymo76
02-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Read an article that the Browns are possibly moving to an Orange Chrome look (ala Okie St.) for their new helmet/uni set. So either way I guess it's guaranteed that Cleveland will continue to have the ugliest unis in the league.

Rudy
02-22-2015, 03:56 PM
I like the Browns uniforms. Classics! I think the worst uniforms in that division are the Ravens since I don't like the logo. Steelers are classics and Bengals are nice too.

These redesigned helmets are cool but by far the worst ones are Miami's. Hideous!
http://imgur.com/a/QaZHX

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 04:15 PM
I like the Browns uniforms. Classics! I think the worst uniforms in that division are the Ravens since I don't like the logo. Steelers are classics and Bengals are nice too.

These redesigned helmets are cool but by far the worst ones are Miami's. Hideous!
Those redesigned helmets are all hideous.

#TheScriptIsDead

jaymo76
02-22-2015, 04:24 PM

Honestly I like the Jets and Chargers but all of the other ones are pretty bad. I would love to see Denver go back to the big D on the helmet (and the original colour scheme too).

Rudy
02-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Dawson LB from TCU ran awful at the combine. Cost him a ton of money. Michigan's Funchess only ran a 4.7 as well. Tweener between TE and WR. Some Auburn WR I think destroyed the combine with unbelievable numbers. This is a very deep and talented group of RBs but they were the slowest overall group of RBs in quite awhile only averaging a 4.63.

skipwondah33
02-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Like the Colts and Chiefs off top.

steelerfan
04-29-2015, 07:40 PM
Redskins fans are dumb.

Also, Cleveland can't beat Pittsburgh in this either.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/29/492cb34446cfc9a44a615594a699eff7.jpg

psuexv
04-29-2015, 07:49 PM
I think this is a little inaccurate, those people from Narlens are grammatically correct in there eyes.

souljahbill
04-29-2015, 07:54 PM
I think this is a little inaccurate, those people from Narlens are grammatically correct in there eyes.

We actually misspell shit on purpose

JeffHCross
04-30-2015, 01:06 AM
Based on 150 comments on team websites. Lmao. That might be the worst source for an analysis ever.

steelerfan
04-30-2015, 01:22 AM
Based on 150 comments on team websites. Lmao. That might be the worst source for an analysis ever.
I don't think the intention was to be very scientific. :)

Look at it this way, Cleveland is better than alot of franchises at something. ;)

Rudy
04-30-2015, 04:32 AM
Miami fans nor to smrt.

Rudy
04-30-2015, 07:26 PM
The Heisman trophy winner gets picked 2 overall and moron Goodell can't even pronounce his name? Does he do any homework to earn $40M a year? What a joke.

I think the Vikings take Gurley at #11 and then trade AP.

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2015, 08:12 PM
I was laughing at that. I'm destroying it on Draft Bingo tonight!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/30/3c181978fc8678ac5e8c17f36e41c98c.jpg

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
04-30-2015, 08:33 PM
So...Cleveland drafted a guy in a dress.

I'm not surprised.

Rudy
04-30-2015, 08:35 PM
Lol. Rams screwed the Vikings Gurley pick and potential trade. No trades! Top of draft hurt by drug users falling and potential baby Mama killer. Miami has a chance for Parker. I'd like to trade down but who wants to move up?

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Yeah, after all the rumors and discussions and "breaking news" about teams trying to trade for the Titans pick, trade talk has completely died. There might be a trade or two in the 20s, but I'm really not expecting any big trades anymore. Nothing more than a team or two trying to jump 3-5 spots between 17 and 25.

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2015, 08:46 PM
And as soon as I say that, 49ers and Chargers flip spots.

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2015, 08:47 PM
Sweet, Technical Difficulties for Draft Bingo (on NFL Network). I about have that entire damn card filled.

#TheScriptIsDead

Rudy
05-01-2015, 04:52 AM
I don't get the Browns drafting a center when they have Mack. Lions go G instead of DT which is still a need both in short and long term.

Dolphins could use a G and LB in round 2. Could also go DB and RB as well. Without a third rounder they might do some wheeling and dealing to get more picks.

souljahbill
05-01-2015, 07:42 AM
I don't get the Browns drafting a center when they have Mack.
Because Mack plays LB
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/01/6e0e387872b2cbf3957379a532fd0fe6.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/01/539cf205cf9da85e61a1312213ef282b.jpg

SmoothPancakes
05-01-2015, 12:56 PM
They were talking last night on NFL Network, Mack has an opt-out clause in his contract and some of the Browns players, notably LT Joe Thomas, have said this might be his last year, he'll opt-out and try to go elsewhere to escape the Browns dysfunction. If that happens, they now have someone to fill the hole.

#TheScriptIsDead

Rudy
05-01-2015, 04:02 PM
That makes sense.

steelerfan
05-01-2015, 05:02 PM
That makes sense.
Yeah, it does. Cleveland is synonymous with dysfunction. :)

skipwondah33
05-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Mack was going to leave last year I thought or could have if I'm not mistaken. So it was wise to take the guy they did.

They had a solid pick in Bitoni(sp) last season

Rudy
05-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Dolphins take Jordan Phillips. Making getting stronger inside a big priority. Well let's hope that includes guard since they have a big hole at one spot. A big RB would be nice too.

JeffHCross
05-01-2015, 11:50 PM
I was laughing at that. I'm destroying it on Draft Bingo tonight!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/30/3c181978fc8678ac5e8c17f36e41c98c.jpg

#TheScriptIsDeadI don't really know what FanCred is, but I keep hearing more and more about it...

JeffHCross
05-01-2015, 11:51 PM
So...Cleveland drafted a guy in a dress.

I'm not surprised.Lol, if Pittsburgh had drafted him, you'd be talking about how cool it was that he honored his ancestry. :D

JeffHCross
05-01-2015, 11:55 PM
I don't get the Browns drafting a center when they have Mack. Lions go G instead of DT which is still a need both in short and long term. In addition to what others said earlier, also Erving played both left tackle at center for Florida State, was (I've been told) an all-conference pick at both spots. So if Mack sticks around then you have a guy that has the versatility to play anywhere on the line. If not then you can replace Mack.

steelerfan
05-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Lol, if Pittsburgh had drafted him, you'd be talking about how cool it was that he honored his ancestry. :D
Pittsburgh didn't draft the guy in the dress though. Cleveland did.

Rudy
05-02-2015, 04:17 AM
In addition to what others said earlier, also Erving played both left tackle at center for Florida State, was (I've been told) an all-conference pick at both spots. So if Mack sticks around then you have a guy that has the versatility to play anywhere on the line. If not then you can replace Mack.

From what I have read he's a great center but not a good tackle. I think anytime you draft a player and that pushes a good player off your roster soon it's not a win-win scenario.

Dolphins now have 4 fifth round picks. I was surprised at picking Jordan Phillips but he's a big man and our DTs were garbage against the run last year. The last 6 games were embarrassing. Earl Mitchell at DT is one of our worst starters so I can see it despite the depth and a couple young guys we have. Currently Dallas Thomas is the worst starter on the team at G. I would like to see more competition there.

SmoothPancakes
05-02-2015, 05:04 AM
I don't really know what FanCred is, but I keep hearing more and more about it...
Yeah, I'm actually not too sure too either. :D. All I know is I somehow ended up getting occasional emails from them. The NFL Draft bingo was a nice touch in the most recent email. They nailed it for potential options on the board.

#TheScriptIsDead

skipwondah33
05-02-2015, 07:14 AM
From what I have read he's a great center but not a good tackle. I think anytime you draft a player and that pushes a good player off your roster soon it's not a win-win scenario.Mack wanted to leave a few years ago though himself. Thought he was franchised or something. So that is why the guy was likely drafted. They probably aren't sure what Mack is going to do when he has the chance to leave again

Rudy
05-02-2015, 07:36 AM
Mack was transitioned and got a pretty decent contract. This protects Browns but Cleveland is Last Chance U in the NFL right now. Nobody wants to be there.

La'el Collins said he won't sign with any team this year now and will reenter the draft next year. The mother and baby are both dead. Nobody knows exactly his involvement.

Rudy
05-02-2015, 08:04 AM
I guess Collins might only have the option of getting redrafted if he's actually selected. If he goes undrafted it is a grey area but the NFL plans on treating him like an UDFA and he can't enter the 2016 draft.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/02/lael-collins-2015-nfl-draft/

SmoothPancakes
05-02-2015, 08:25 AM
According to his lawyer, they have proof and witnesses that place him in an entire different city from well before all the way through to after the girl was killed. Between that and police not even considering him a suspect right now, just wanting to ask some questions, if it turns out he had absolutely nothing to do with that, that's a shitty situation all around. A likely first round pick only to have his career derailed and multi millions instantly lost over something he had no involvement in (if it's proven without a doubt he wasn't involved).

#TheScriptIsDead

jaymo76
05-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Lot's of praise on NFL NETWORK for the Fins. Outside of their round 1 pick I don't really follow any of those players. You like what you see Rudy?

Rudy
05-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Lot's of praise on NFL NETWORK for the Fins. Outside of their round 1 pick I don't really follow any of those players. You like what you see Rudy?

I am happy. I was surprised by the NT in round 2 but we needed more beef in the middle. The 4th round guard was more of a need pick and there was a run on guards at that time. But their 5th rounders were nice. Really like getting Ajayi as a power RB. Drafted a small nickel CB who seems good in that role, a FS with good athletic ability but poor instincts, and the MSU WR who they are converting to CB. The G and Ajayi will push to start.

I would have liked to see a LB but they aren't used as much and Miami blames their D problems on the DTs from last year. Since they didn't take a CB high they are banking on former second rounder Jamar Taylor to stay healthy and be a good starter.