PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 11, 2013

JeffHCross
08-09-2014, 01:30 AM
Welcome to Week 11!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Florida Gators (1-6) ===============
Last week, Florida lost 63-38 against South Carolina (5-4).
This week, the Gators travel to Auburn to face the Auburn Tigers (2-6).
In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) FB Rodney Cox has committed to Wake Forest
- (***) DT Scott Dixon has committed to Florida

=============== LSU Tigers (0-7) ===============
Last week, LSU lost 45-16 against Ole Miss (6-2).
This week, the Tigers travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (3-5).
In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) FS Chad McMillan has committed to LSU

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-6) ===============
Last week, Nebraska lost 41-14 against Michigan (4-4).
This week, the Cornhuskers travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (4-3).

=============== Oregon Ducks (2-5) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 57-54 against Stanford (6-2).
This week, the Ducks travel to Tempe to face the #11 Arizona State Sun Devils (5-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) SS Antwan Bonner has committed to Utah State

=============== Texas Longhorns (3-6) ===============
Last week, Texas lost 59-56 against Washington (7-0).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Los Angeles to face the UCLA Bruins (0-7).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (4-4) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 41-14 against Nebraska (1-6).
This week, the Wolverines will host Northwestern (4-3).

=============== USC Trojans (2-6) ===============
Last week, USC won 31-21 against Arizona (3-3).
This week, the Trojans travel to Seattle to face the #3 Washington Huskies (7-0).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Adam Frye has committed to USC
- (*) CB Earl Burgess has committed to Toledo

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (3-5) ===============
Last week, Arkansas won 38-35 against Tennessee (3-5).
This week, the Razorbacks are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) WR Aaron Freeman has committed to Arkansas
- (***) WR Marlon Smith has committed to Arkansas
- (***) LE Zach McKinney has committed to Arkansas
- (***) LE Kurt Lane has committed to Arkansas
- (***) MLB Josh Baker has committed to Arkansas
- (***) MLB Joe O'Neal has committed to Arkansas

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (2-5) ===============
Last week, Penn State lost 52-42 against Maryland (4-3).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host Iowa (6-3).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) DT Josh Samuel has committed to Penn State
- (***) MLB Patrick Harris has committed to Penn State

=============== Ohio State Buckeyes (4-4) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 38-35 against Northwestern (4-3).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Michigan State (3-4).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Tim Herron has committed to Ohio State
- (***) RE Aaron Shaw has committed to Ohio State
- (**) SS Rashad Alston has committed to Ohio State
- (***) RG Dwayne Rice has committed to Ohio State
- (***) ROLB Daniel Miller has committed to Ohio State

=============== UCLA Bruins (0-7) ===============
Last week, UCLA lost 45-0 against Oregon State (7-1).
This week, the Bruins will host Texas (3-6).

=============== Auburn Tigers (2-6) ===============
Last week, Auburn lost 62-24 against Louisiana Tech (4-4).
This week, the Tigers will host Florida (1-6).
In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LG Tyrone Hawkins has committed to Auburn
- (***) RE Kingsley Hayes has committed to Auburn
- (***) DT Lawrence Norton has committed to Auburn

gschwendt
08-09-2014, 07:23 AM
Oneback, I'll be out today/tonight. How does Sunday evening/night look for you?

Oneback
08-09-2014, 07:45 AM
That may work, but we'd have to kick off close to 6:30p, otherwise we can go Monday as I'm usually home from work around 3pm.

gschwendt
08-09-2014, 08:03 AM
That may work, but we'd have to kick off close to 6:30p, otherwise we can go Monday as I'm usually home from work around 3pm.
I also sent you a text but I can also start right now if you're around... otherwise 6:30 tomorrow should work.

Oneback
08-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Auburn looses a heart breaker to Florida. Good game g.

gschwendt
08-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Florida Defeats Auburn 45-42 in a Final Seconds Victory

Throughout the entire game, the offenses took turns scoring back and forth. Both with a balanced attack, both moving the ball almost at will. Each team finished with over 400 yards of offense with Florida notching 512 and Auburn 429.

Starting the fourth quarter, the score showed Florida with a narrow lead at 31-28. Auburn quickly changed that as in the first minute of the quarter, they scored on a 40 yard playaction bomb that connected just over the outstretched hands of the FS. Florida looked to bounce back quickly but on the next play from scrimmage, UF QB Joey Jones forced pass right into the Auburn defender's arms. After returning the pick to the four yard line, AU HB Greg Brown capped off the drive with a quick touchdown. Now down 11 points early in the quarter, the Florida defense would have to step up.

Florida's ensuing drive saw QB Jones go on a tear hoping to make up for his previous mistake. Jones completed 3 of 4 passes for 70 yards capping off the quick drive with a 33 yard pass to WR Travis Clifford over the middle of the field. Needing to step up, the defense answered the call forcing a punt on Auburn's ensuing drive to give their offense the ball back with 3:15 remaining in the game.

Down 4, the Gators knew they not only had to score a touchdown but wanted to run out as much clock as possible along the way. With a good mix of short passes and bruising runs by HB Randall Williams, the Gators eventually moved the ball down to the 1 yard line with 1:01 remaining and Auburn with no timeouts. After 3 unsuccessful runs that netted zero yards, the Gators put it all on the line calling a timeout with 3 seconds left on the clock, 4th and Goal from the 1. HB Michael Swan took the ball off tackle and found no one from the defense in front of him allowing him to walk into the endzone giving the Gators a 3 point lead with 1 second left on the clock.

After a squib kick ran out the remaining clock, Florida fans celebrated their second victory on the season. The Gators next travel to Fayetteville, AR to face Razorback44 and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

GG Oneback

JeffHCross
08-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Congrats Skip!!!

skipwondah33
08-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Congrats Skip!!!haha thanks Jeff!!!!

I about did cartwheels around the house

Feels good to finally get one

JeffHCross
08-09-2014, 12:30 PM
I had just gotten done telling my girlfriend that you were 0-fer when I noticed that you had won. We were both happy, lol. And she said "You should tell him: I remember when I won my first game ...". She was here when I beat JB for my first win, and I was overjoyed. And then when I won my CPU game the next week, with all those recruits ... I don't think I've ever been that happy to beat the computer, even counting when I won the National Title on '13 -- because usually CPU games have been foregone conclusions. Not so much this year. So I understand, totally.

She was here for both of those wins, and also for the horrible deflating loss to Notre Dame (like 99 billion to 7). So she's learned a lot about how I play NCAA in the last month :D

skipwondah33
08-09-2014, 12:49 PM
lol

Just needed to realize how to play them. Not sure you can play them like a user.

Plus with these teams.

Going to spring board for us lol. Now I have OB and G left both of which have played this game religiously more than I have

JeffHCross
08-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Ohio State's win streak ends with a whimper at home against the Spartans. Don't know how they've been doing as poorly this year as they have ... they still have a buzzsaw of a Front 7.

JeffHCross
08-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Still to play
Marcotte
Eric
Escobar
Snoop

Recruiting
Razor

skipwondah33
08-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Wonder who I have next week.

Hopefully not Georgia

JeffHCross
08-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Wonder who I have next week.

Hopefully not GeorgiaOB, SCar, G, Georgia.

skipwondah33
08-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Nice, thanks Jeff. Site was messing up for me.

Looking forward to it though just starting to get comfortable with the game again and all I need is a set back from OB lol

JeffHCross
08-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Still to play
Marcotte
Eric
Escobar
Snoop

Recruiting
RazorWhat's the hold up? If JB doesn't advance tomorrow, we won't be advancing until Saturday ... unless we rely on Snoop :sick: :fp: :D

skipwondah33
08-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Oh that's right

Ready for advance!!

marcotte14
08-10-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm ready!!

psusnoop
08-10-2014, 10:05 PM
I'm ready to advance and I will have no problem advancing the OD.

Also I'm not sure how to say this but how in the world of our type of league is a HB leading the country in receptions and yards?

30 more catches then the closet WR and darn near double that in yards???

Gotta be huge XP, papa is leaving most of us in the dust with some big xp points and I'm debating on these final games to change the game plan to compete in the future.

Any thoughts???

JeffHCross
08-10-2014, 10:14 PM
I'm ready to advance and I will have no problem advancing the OD.Knew you wouldn't. Just had to say it :D

Gotta be huge XP, papa is leaving most of us in the dust with some big xp points and I'm debating on these final games to change the game plan to compete in the future.Agreed. I don't begrudge anyone from finding an offense that works for their personnel, especially with these teams that we didn't really have a hand in picking or building. But Papa's stats are out of this world.

skipwondah33
08-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Leading in TD receptions too

Going to win the the Best RB award with 1,500 fewer rushing yards but 2,000 more receiving lol

I also haven't scored 90 points combined all season sadly :(

gschwendt
08-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Eric & Escobar remain. Razor still has 1200 points in recruiting.

psuexv
08-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Eric & Escobar remain. Razor still has 1200 points in recruiting.

I'll get mine in tonight

gschwendt
08-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Escobar still remains and Razor still needs to recruit... whats the story guys?

skipwondah33
08-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Escobar hasn't been on PAN for 2 days

Not sure about Razor, just has points.

Ready to roll.

psusnoop
08-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Escobar still remains and Razor still needs to recruit... whats the story guys?

Got word Razor is good to go.

psusnoop
08-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Escobar hasn't been on PAN for 2 days

Not sure about Razor, just has points.

Ready to roll.

I'm tired of waiting to be honest. What was the deadline? Anyone hear from Escobar?

gschwendt
08-11-2014, 10:22 PM
I'm tired of waiting to be honest. What was the deadline? Anyone hear from Escobar?
Since we haven't heard anything, I'd say deadline is tomorrow morning so that maybe he can play it overnight.

psusnoop
08-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Since we haven't heard anything, I'd say deadline is tomorrow morning so that maybe he can play it overnight.

I just sent a text, if no response by 1am I'm advancing.

psusnoop
08-11-2014, 10:25 PM

Not on the same topic but quoted so you'd get the alert :)

What are your thoughts on the HB I mentioned from Papa? We shouldn't be running that type of offense collecting huge XP like that should we?

If so my stats are going to be crazy heading forward because we are already 2 to 4 levels behind him in coaching and I'm not dropping anymore behind.

gschwendt
08-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Not on the same topic but quoted so you'd get the alert :)

What are your thoughts on the HB I mentioned from Papa? We shouldn't be running that type of offense collecting huge XP like that should we?

If so my stats are going to be crazy heading forward because we are already 2 to 4 levels behind him in coaching and I'm not dropping anymore behind.
Well the passing to the HB won't get him crazy XP, it's all the scoring that will get him XP. He'd only get the 250 yards passing bonus no matter who caught it.

That said, it certainly stuck out to me as well. Papa... can you tell us about your offense and why your HB has 30 more receptions and ~500 yards more receiving than any other WR in the country?

psusnoop
08-11-2014, 10:34 PM
It will garner him huge xp for awards at the end of the season. He also broke school records too.

His HB and QB are up for many awards at the end of the season as well as the Heisman.

We have only 1 player between the 11 other teams up for an award Texas has 9 or 10. Now most are the same two players but still if he wins the heisman and pulls those awards we will be sucking hind tit in every area to Texas for seasons to come.

psusnoop
08-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Now the school records are not a huge deal to me just thought if mention it in regards to you saying it wouldn't get him much xp. Those are a one time shot but I'm sure he got over 500-1000 for receptions, yards, passing yards, and passing TD's. Or will here soon.

psusnoop
08-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Escobar just hopped online. I'll be advancing once he is done

psusnoop
08-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Advancing now

gschwendt
08-12-2014, 11:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYpuP5yufik
Death Penalty Online Dynasty
Season 1 Week 11
Florida Gators at Auburn Tigers
gschwendt vs Oneback

Music:
Scale The Summit - Bloom
The Atomic Bitchwax - The Formula

JeffHCross
08-13-2014, 07:32 AM
Wow.

First, it's amazing how much better you two are at a vertical passing game than I am. Not sure how much of that is personnel and how much is sticks. Second, same statement about being multiple in formation and personnel. I'm not at all there right now. Third, it's kind of surprising that from the video there wasn't an obvious difference between our DP teams and a traditional Powerhouse game. I guess it's because, even with DP teams, they're still so closely matched.

skipwondah33
08-13-2014, 08:02 AM
Wow.

First, it's amazing how much better you two are at a vertical passing game than I am. Not sure how much of that is personnel and how much is sticks. Second, same statement about being multiple in formation and personnel. I'm not at all there right now. Third, it's kind of surprising that from the video there wasn't an obvious difference between our DP teams and a traditional Powerhouse game. I guess it's because, even with DP teams, they're still so closely matched.I picked up the same thing Jeff. The teams played exactly like two powerhouse teams in terms of the blocking being wide open and the RB's having room to run, breaking tackles and speed.

I know when Razor and I played he had room for days but I didn't have anywhere near the success those he or those two just had.

My vertical passing also sucks, someone was always open and they had time to throw...I'd be sacked everytime trying to run Play Action lol.

Good game though fellas.

OB I was wondering why you said 7-7:30 when I put after 8 hahaha. Forgot that you were central time so that would have made it 8-8:30. Whichever is good for you. Wife gave me a bump up in my normal playing availability.

Oneback
08-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Re-watching that video just reminds me of how many throws I missed on 3rd down, my wife had a knack for coming in the room at the exact right moment and wanting to talk to me about something. Nothing better than one read throws into coverage on 3rd down.