PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Arts Announces "EA Access" for XBOX One

JBHuskers
07-29-2014, 12:48 PM
http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/Others/EAA_Gametime_EAblogheader.png?cb=1406577603

A new program was announced by Electronic Arts for the XBOX One system called EA Access. This will be a subscription based system that allows you to play EA's games in a whole new way. Part of the subscription will include what is called The Vault where you can play a certain selection of games unlimited anytime. Also, similiar to the EA Sports Season Ticket program, there will also be DLC discounts, but not just DLC, but full retail purchase discounts. Also similar to Season Ticket, the EA Access will allow you to play a new retail game five days early. For full details of this new program, please hit the jump to read the rest.

Today we’re revealing a new way for gamers to play more EA games. This is something we’ve never done before and we’re excited to share it with you.

We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

•Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*
•Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/Others/HomePageSubscriberUpdatedPUBLISH.png

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

Excited to check it out? EA Access will launch on Xbox One soon. You will find more information on the program at the EA Access website. Be sure to follow EA Access on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Stay tuned!

*Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. See www.ea.com/eaaccess for details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?814-Electronic-Arts-Announces-EA-Access-for-XBOX-One

CLW
07-29-2014, 01:10 PM
We have partnered with Microsoft because we hate Sony and Microsoft paid us lots of money in an attempt to make the XBox One actually relevant. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of morons who actually bought an XBox One compared to the millions more who bought a PS4. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to leave out and/or screw over 60%+ of our potential customers by showing preferential treatment to the smaller console manufacturer - who tried to screw these consumers over (as we wanted all along) with ridiculous DRM policies. We know this won't make any difference in the console war (Lord knows Titanfall was not enough) but are attempting to generate any buzz we can for Microsoft since their view of how to treat consumers is more aligned than Sony's

Fixed. :nod:

JBHuskers
07-29-2014, 01:12 PM
I think this is a good deal overall, just wish the DLC discount was more. On Season Ticket where it was 20%, that was a nice savings for someone who plays MUT and PGA buying the courses, and etc.

As for The Vault, considering most of my games are PS4, I wouldn't mind replaying some of them on the XB1 to whore out achievements. Especially if they somehow get 360 games in the fold as well.

CLW
07-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Well that sealed the deal for me and any EA product from now until the exclusivity deal is done. GameFly only for the "Fine Folks" at EA Sports. Now off to play a real quality game (TLOU) on the best and by a 2:1 ratio best selling console.

SmoothPancakes
07-29-2014, 01:19 PM
If I were to get it, it won't be for a long while until they've added a bunch more games. I've already got Madden 25 (with its shitty gameplay), I've already got FIFA 14, I'm pretty sure I've already got Peggle 2. So I'd only get Battlefield 4 out of it. May as well just buy Battlefield 4 in that case.

JBHuskers
07-29-2014, 01:23 PM
Well that sealed the deal for me and any EA product from now until the exclusivity deal is done. GameFly only for the "Fine Folks" at EA Sports. Now off to play a real quality game (TLOU) on the best and by a 2:1 ratio best selling console.

Just like everything is not Democrat v. Republican, not everything is MS v. Sony :D

jaymo76
07-29-2014, 01:24 PM
I think this is a good deal overall, just wish the DLC discount was more. On Season Ticket where it was 20%, that was a nice savings for someone who plays MUT and PGA buying the courses, and etc.

As for The Vault, considering most of my games are PS4, I wouldn't mind replaying some of them on the XB1 to whore out achievements. Especially if they somehow get 360 games in the fold as well.

It is a pretty good deal IMO. Disappointing it's XB1 only as I would totally pick it up for PS4.

souljahbill
07-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Just like everything is not Democrat v. Republican, not everything is MS v. Sony :D

Some people live in a world of absolutes.

JBHuskers
07-29-2014, 01:34 PM
Some people live in a world of absolutes.

http://troll.me/images/hank-hill-yep/yup.jpg

CLW
07-29-2014, 01:35 PM

Are you saying the PS4 is not technically capable of providing such an app/service?

EA did this for 2 reasons: (1) MS paid them for the exclusive deal and/or (2) EA has a "beef" with Sony after that 2013 E3 conference where Sony refused to go along with EA and MS (and most likely other major publishers) with the DRM policies.

Unless MS paid BIG $ for the exclusive right to this service EA is again biting off its nose to spite its face b/c they are missing out on 60-70% of its world wide customers according to sales figures. Only a dumb (or really angry) person makes such a deal. Again, unless MS shelled out BIG bucks to make up for the loss. Then you can justify it on EA's end but NOT MS' as this isn't going to move many XB1 units.

souljahbill
07-29-2014, 01:37 PM
This won't convince me to get an Xbox One but if I had one, I'd gladly sign up for the annual subscription. I like the Netflix model. I don't need to own everything. I'll gladly rent games forever unless it's something like Animal Crossing.

skipwondah33
07-29-2014, 01:44 PM
This won't convince me to get an Xbox One but if I had one, I'd gladly sign up for the annual subscription. I like the Netflix model. I don't need to own everything. I'll gladly rent games forever unless it's something like Animal Crossing.This

Are you saying the PS4 is not technically capable of providing such an app/service?

EA did this for 2 reasons: (1) MS paid them for the exclusive deal

And this

JBHuskers
07-29-2014, 01:46 PM
This won't convince me to get an Xbox One but if I had one, I'd gladly sign up for the annual subscription. I like the Netflix model. I don't need to own everything. I'll gladly rent games forever unless it's something like Animal Crossing.

Which you have gotten me into now on the 3DS, and Tomodachi Life as well. I got the latter for $20 in the buy two for $40 deal at Best Buy with Bravely Default.

jaymo76
07-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Play First: EA Access members will get to experience trials of new EA games early on Xbox One. Starting 5 days before release, you’ll be able to try the game for at least two hours and then save your progress. Once you purchase the digital or physical copy, you can use your save game and continue the experience.

Devil in the details...??? You have access to the game (eg Madden 15) five days in advance BUT it is a time trial with a minimum of TWO HOURS. If that's the case I am far less impressed.

souljahbill
07-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Devil in the details...??? You have access to the game (eg Madden 15) five days in advance BUT it is a time trial with a minimum of TWO HOURS. If that's the case I am far less impressed.

Having a minimum is fine for me. Having a maximum would be a problem.

jaymo76
07-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Having a minimum is fine for me. Having a maximum would be a problem.

Season ticket gave you 72+ hours of gameplay with no minimums. If the language is a "minimum" of two hours I would be very surprised to see anything more than 5-10 total hours for Madden.

souljahbill
07-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Season ticket gave you 72+ hours of gameplay with no minimums. If the language is a "minimum" of two hours I would be very surprised to see anything more than 5-10 total hours for Madden.

That's basically 2 or 3 games of Madden. I'm pretty sure almost everyone is going to play that over a 5 day period.

JBHuskers
07-29-2014, 02:29 PM

"At least two hours" It's flexible. My guess is a single player game gets two hours, a sports game could have more.

jaymo76
07-29-2014, 02:32 PM
That's basically 2 or 3 games of Madden. I'm pretty sure almost everyone is going to play that over a 5 day period.

Well as one example, for season ticket with NCAA 14 I was up to about 19 hours of gameplay in those three days. By the end I had a good sense of the game. I don't think 2-5 hours would be enough to make a sound judgment either way. Maybe though that is what EA wants? Give you a taste but not enough to turn you off???

JBHuskers
07-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Well as one example, for season ticket with NCAA 14 I was up to about 19 hours of gameplay in those three days. By the end I had a good sense of the game. I don't think 2-5 hours would be enough to make a sound judgment either way. Maybe though that is what EA wants? Give you a taste but not enough to turn you off???

This is a different animal than Season Ticket. There is a lot more to it, and it's not just EA Sports. It's similiar, but they want to it be different.

souljahbill
07-29-2014, 02:34 PM

But it's a minimum. You have 120 hours of access if you played every minute.

jaymo76
07-29-2014, 02:44 PM

I didn't get that sense from the OS forums. The way it is portrayed is that you don't get 5 days to play. You will only get a certain number of hours (eg 5 hours). Once you hit that max you can no longer play. So if you play all of the available hours on day one you cannot play again until retail.

SmoothPancakes
07-29-2014, 02:45 PM

Maybe. The thing says a minimum of two hours, UP to 5 days. So it sounds like it could depend and change from game to game. One game you might get 5 days, another game you might only get a couple hours. If it was guaranteed a full 5 days for every game, then there would be no reason to include that "a minimum of two hours" covering their ass bull.

jaymo76
07-29-2014, 02:48 PM
What will the pre-release trials include? Will my progress carry over?

Each game is different, so each game’s trial will be, too. In some titles you’ll be able to play one of the game's modes for a limited time, while other times you can jump right into the full game. And since you’ll always be playing the real game, any progress you make will carry over so you can pick up where you left off on launch day.

There will be no set amount... every game may be different.

gschwendt
07-29-2014, 02:58 PM
Maybe. The thing says a minimum of two hours, UP to 5 days. So it sounds like it could depend and change from game to game. One game you might get 5 days, another game you might only get a couple hours. If it was guaranteed a full 5 days for every game, then there would be no reason to include that "a minimum of two hours" covering their ass bull.
That's how I read it... they're saying in regard to the minimum is that each game included will have a MINIMUM of 2 hours time to play. I imagine that 2 hours though will be more for linear/storyline games like Battlefield or the like. Since there's no end-game in sports games, I imagine the minimum will be much longer.

JBHuskers
07-29-2014, 03:33 PM
That's how I read it... they're saying in regard to the minimum is that each game included will have a MINIMUM of 2 hours time to play. I imagine that 2 hours though will be more for linear/storyline games like Battlefield or the like. Since there's no end-game in sports games, I imagine the minimum will be much longer.

This.

souljahbill
07-29-2014, 03:37 PM

Makes sense. Can't have the story in a game beaten before the finished product is on store shelves.

cdj
07-29-2014, 04:15 PM
I didn't get that sense from the OS forums. The way it is portrayed is that you don't get 5 days to play. You will only get a certain number of hours (eg 5 hours). Once you hit that max you can no longer play. So if you play all of the available hours on day one you cannot play again until retail.

If a user could sign up for the month just prior to the release of Madden 15, for example, for just $4.99, there is no way they are going to be allowed to play for more than a handful of hours. I would be surprised if the limit is ever higher than five for a title, but that is just my opinion.

bdoughty
07-29-2014, 05:33 PM
If I were to get it, it won't be for a long while until they've added a bunch more games. I've already got Madden 25 (with its shitty gameplay), I've already got FIFA 14, I'm pretty sure I've already got Peggle 2. So I'd only get Battlefield 4 out of it. May as well just buy Battlefield 4 in that case.

Same here. Already played three of the games in the vault.

CLW
07-29-2014, 06:05 PM

That's O.K. b/c EA hates both of my choices (conservative and Sony) on that matter equally. :nod:

SmoothPancakes
07-29-2014, 07:51 PM
I will give EA this much. They're giving it half off for a year. $4.99 a month or $29.99 for an entire year subscription. I'm honestly shocked EA is willing to let a yearly subscription go for 50% off.

CLW
07-29-2014, 08:27 PM
I will give EA this much. They're giving it half off for a year. $4.99 a month or $29.99 for an entire year subscription. I'm honestly shocked EA is willing to let a yearly subscription go for 50% off.

What's EA's yearly release schedule for its other titles? The Sports titles are all Aug - Oct (if memory serves) so if you are only a sports gamer $15/hr by 3 monthly payments is the best way to go.

SmoothPancakes
07-29-2014, 08:33 PM
What's EA's yearly release schedule for its other titles? The Sports titles are all Aug - Oct (if memory serves) so if you are only a sports gamer $15/hr by 3 monthly payments is the best way to go.

I have no idea. But I'm also looking at their "Vault" with last year's sports games and Battlefield 4. As they expand that, if the yearly price remains $29.99 for the entire year (as opposed to $4.99 for a single month), 50% off for a year of gaming with games in the Vault, not too shabby. Still probably wouldn't get it right now just because Battlefield 4 is the only game on the list of current Vault titles that I don't have. May as well just go out and buy a used copy of it and not have to deal with the Vault or Access.

But if they add more games (especially games I DON'T own), then I'll be more game for getting Access, especially at 50% off the monthly rate.

CLW
07-29-2014, 08:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUfi60o2pg

CLW
07-29-2014, 09:07 PM
GameStop Shares Tumble After EA Access AnnouncementRetailer's shares down more than 5 percent, but analysts say it's too early to know if the service will have any kind of real impact on GameStop's business.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-shares-tumble-after-ea-access-announcemen/1100-6421382/

I just don't see this having an impact on the industry. The ONLY way it does is if EA decides to go exclusively digital and you have to pay a subscription fee but get access to any/all of EA's games (or some sort of tiered pricing for access to X EA games for $Y)

jaymo76
07-29-2014, 09:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUfi60o2pg

Pretty good discussion.

SmoothPancakes
07-29-2014, 10:06 PM
I got a message from Xbox Live tonight about this, since I'm part of the early preview program for Xbox One updates, they're including a closed "beta" of this for those in the early preview program. I'll have to jump on my One and download it tonight.

JBHuskers
07-29-2014, 11:09 PM
I got a message from Xbox Live tonight about this, since I'm part of the early preview program for Xbox One updates, they're including a closed "beta" of this for those in the early preview program. I'll have to jump on my One and download it tonight.

I got it too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cdj
07-30-2014, 06:23 AM
IGN: Sony reveals it passed on EA Access for PS4 as it's not "good value" (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/sony-passed-on-ea-access-for-ps4-as-its-not-good-value?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)

Speaking to Game Informer, a Sony spokesperson revealed the subscription service wasn't a good fit for its new console considering the continuing popularity of PS Plus.

"We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect," a statement reads. "PlayStation Plus memberships are up more than 200 per cent since the launch of PlayStation 4, which shows that gamers are looking for memberships that offer a multitude of services, across various devices, for one low price.

"We don't think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer."

skipwondah33
07-30-2014, 06:30 AM
Well PS memberships are up because it'd mandatory to have them to play multiplayer lol

bdoughty
07-30-2014, 06:49 AM
Well PS memberships are up because it'd mandatory to have them to play multiplayer lol

Exactly. Of course Sony wasn't too worried about asking their fans to pay for online this generation.

"We don't think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer."

When did CLW get a job at Sony? Seems silly to even comment on this but even worse is the assumption their fans would not like the "Choice" to decide for themselves. When is having a choice bad?

skipwondah33
07-30-2014, 08:18 AM
lol I mean I have one but still I don't understand the multitude of services for one price statement he made.

I got it so I could continue to play my friends online...duh. Didn't get it for any "discounts" for games purchased through the Store or even for the freebies (although that is an accepted perk don't get me wrong).

Why they passed on it is fine with me, but the reasoning behind doing so atleast publicly makes no sense

I OU a Beatn
07-30-2014, 11:47 AM
So because Sony doesn't see "value" in it, they're just going to assume that no one else does either and that the program shouldn't even be launched on their platform? Makes perfect sense.

Meanwhile, Sony is trying to charge outrageous prices with PS Now to stream old games. Value.

Keep on keeping on, Sony.

CLW
07-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Personally, I'd be surprised if Sony really refused to allow EA access. I could see EA asking for $X and Sony not willing to pay the price but I'd be surprised if they just barred it from their console.

I agree with the idea that consumers should be allowed to make dumb choices.

From what I have seen/read about EA Access the devil is in the UNDISCLOSED details about whether this is a good value or not.

#1 if you only get 2-5 hours to Play Madden/FIFA/Live then its not worth it. You really cannot get a good feel for a game in that short of a time frame.

#2 if you get 5 days then it probably is worth it (especially if you are potentially interested in multiple EA products)

I don't see much value in the Vault b/c its not like they are ever going to put their newest Madden in it and the only EA games I'm potentially interested in buying are its sports titles so any of the year old+ FPS stuff is worthless to me.

I would say that unless you are getting 5 full days its definitely not as good a deal as Season Ticket even was b/c you are only getting 1/2 the discount you used to get (10% v. 20% on DLC).

jaymo76
07-30-2014, 11:59 AM
So because Sony doesn't see "value" in it, they're just going to assume that no one else does either and that the program shouldn't even be launched on their platform? Makes perfect sense.

Meanwhile, Sony is trying to charge outrageous prices with PS Now to stream old games. Value.

Keep on keeping on, Sony.

I agree fully IOU. Let me make the decision whether I want the offer or not. I chose season ticket because I considered it good value. Let individual consumers make the decision as to what works best for them.

souljahbill
07-30-2014, 12:52 PM
I don't see much value in the Vault b/c its not like they are ever going to put their newest Madden in it and the only EA games I'm potentially interested in buying are its sports titles so any of the year old+ FPS stuff is worthless to me.

The Vault is what I'd be most interested in. I'd gladly play the year old games while everyone was playing the latest and greatest.

I OU a Beatn
07-30-2014, 01:04 PM
I personally just find it ridiculous. I had no intentions on purchasing the service based on how I believe it's structured, but that's irrelevant. It should be the consumer's CHOICE if they want to purchase a service. Everyone ripped on Sony for the high prices they were planning on charging for PS Now rentals, so in theory they should have just yanked the service since it wasn't in the consumer's best interest.

Microsoft got ripped for trying to force an online/digital only console on people and it wasn't because they were trying to implement those features - it's because they didn't give consumers a choice. If they would have added those features optionally alongside the ability to play off a disc and not have to be online, there would never have been a problem. They essentially made the choice that consumers didn't need discs and didn't need to play offline.

That's exactly what Sony is doing here. Whether or not they see the value does NOT mean that potentially hundreds of thousands of their consumers couldn't find some value in EA's subscription services.

Personally, I think it's just some smoke to cover up the fact that they don't want ANY competition whatsoever against PS Now.

JBHuskers
07-30-2014, 01:12 PM
The way PS Now sits, there will be no competition because no one will be using PS Now. :D

cdj
07-30-2014, 02:29 PM

Initially I thought the decision was made more to protect PS Plus, but perhaps it was done so for PS Plus and PS Now. (PS Now is so off my radar, I had forgotten about it.)

The "reason" given should be taken with a boulder of salt since it was off the record and anonymous, but I can't help think they may have passed on EA Access to help protect + & Now. Sony cannot afford to have each and every developer/publisher with their own console app to rent/purchase old games. I would assume EA's participation in Plus and Now would drop significantly should Access come to PS4, if it hasn't/won't already. The same could possibly (likely?) happen once Ubi-pass, Acti-scription, etc. come to fruition.

This isn't an issue with Microsoft as their free games in Games with Gold have been considered extremely weak and outdated. PS Plus has been solid in this regard.

In the long run, PS Plus to play them online and then costs for PS Now and/or for multiple publishers to play older titles could end up being very costly to consumers. While I personally would prefer more choices (let me decide to buy or not buy EA Access), I also do not want to see less publishers offering titles with PS Plus, hence a lower perceived value for the cost. (This assuming publishers will get a higher cut with their own app vs. PS Plus.)

I'd also add it's worth noting that the website/release for EA Access does not say anything about it coming first, only, or exclusively to Xbox One. Given the backlash, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony reverses course, though in the long run I am not sure it would be for the best of the gaming community.

CLW
07-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Sony Was Right To Turn Down EA's Video Game Subscription Plan
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/30/sony-was-right-to-turn-down-eas-video-game-subscription-plan/?partner=yahootix

jaymo76
07-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Sony Was Right To Turn Down EA's Video Game Subscription Plan
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/30/sony-was-right-to-turn-down-eas-video-game-subscription-plan/?partner=yahootix

I respectfully disagree and Sony is taking a lot of heat from it. Consumer choice is never a bad thing.

skipwondah33
07-30-2014, 04:53 PM
As much heat as EA seems to take for being the worst company ever can't imagine why.

CLW
07-30-2014, 04:57 PM
I respectfully disagree and Sony is taking a lot of heat from it. Consumer choice is never a bad thing.

Consumer choice is never a bad thing for the consumer. But Sony is not a consumer.

For Sony the ? is what do they want out of PSNow (its own service that it announced well in advance to EA Access). My take, is they plan to (eventually) try to turn it into the long hyped "Netflix for video games" that many (including myself) want. Essentially PSNow will have most/all PS games in its library and it will entice me/consumers to pay a monthly fee to have unlimited access to the PS library. Sure the newest releases will probably not be available (at least for the next several years). However, if Sony does it will they basically have a HUGE LEAD on the entire gaming console industry when it goes all digital.

IF Sony plans on turning PSNow into a subscription model giving a user access to most (or even all) of its games why would Sony allow a developer of what 5% of all games out there to have its own special app and thus take those games out of Sony's own PSNow service?

They wouldn't b/c it's not smart business. Sony has ALL the leverage against EA right now. #1 EA doesn't make consoles (or any device capable of playing its product/games). #2 Sony has the hottest console on the market right now with the PS4.

MS has screwed up. Why? B/c now EVERY publisher is going to come on to their console and have a Ubisoft app and a Square App etc...... So IF I am a XB1 gamer I have to pay 5-10 (or more) different prices/subscriptions. Now PS4 gamers only have to pay for 1 bill/service PSNow.

It's like "bundling" cable/internet/phone. Why play on XB1 where you have to buy keep up with X number of separate accounts where on PS4 its all included in one nice bundle (PSNow).

bdoughty
07-30-2014, 05:25 PM
In the long run, PS Plus to play them online and then costs for PS Now and/or for multiple publishers to play older titles could end up being very costly to consumers. While I personally would prefer more choices (let me decide to buy or not buy EA Access), I also do not want to see less publishers offering titles with PS Plus, hence a lower perceived value for the cost. (This assuming publishers will get a higher cut with their own app vs. PS Plus.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_%28North_Ame rica%29

Other than Crisis 3, Dead Space 3 (August) and a few arcade games, EA has not exactly been a top publisher in offering games to PS Plus. With the new service, one would imagine that there will be few, if any in the future.

CLW
07-30-2014, 05:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_%28North_Ame rica%29

Other than Crisis 3, Dead Space 3 (August) and a few arcade games, EA has not exactly been a top publisher in offering games to PS Plus. With the new service, one would imagine that there will be few, if any in the future.

Yep. Honestly, it wouldn't stun me if at some point if EA became completely exclusive to MS period. Of course, in my dream scenario it would permit Sony to hire real talent to build real sim games like The Show for soccer and football.

jaymo76
07-31-2014, 12:45 AM
After taking some more time to think about this, what I find frustrating is that based on the current value (and the unknowns) of EA Access I would buy it in a heartbeat over paying $$$ for PSNow to rent/stream games. Currently I have ZERO interest in PSNow as the games to this point hold no interest for me. However, I would play the hell out of every single game available fro EA Access (early release and the vault)

I'm a big fan of Sony and love the PS4. That being said I really think Sony screwed up with this one and I am a little bit less of a Sony fan today than I was yesterday. PSNow in its current form has minimal value and is highly, highly overpriced. Asking me to pay #30 for a year subscription is more than fair and I would have got my monies worth several times over. $1.99 to $4.99 to rent an old PS3 game for four hours...???... yep that sure is good value. :fp:

IMO, Microsoft hugely one-upped Sony on this one and in the long run this may hurt Sony more than they know. This could be enough to sway someone on the fence for what system to buy.

bdoughty
07-31-2014, 07:48 AM
$1.99 to $4.99 to rent an old PS3 game for four hours...???... yep that sure is good value. :fp:

Sony using the old fashioned, "Renting porn at a hotel pricing strategy." Say what you will but if people will pay for things like MUT, FUT, HUT and LUT, you can darn well bet they will pay for this. With so few games being released on the PS4/XB1 they have to be kicking themselves a bit for not have it ready.

souljahbill
07-31-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm with Jaymo. I'd rather pay $30 a year to play last year's EA games than $15 a month to play PS1/2/3 games.

jaymo76
08-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Was the beta of this programme supposed to be officially released today?

jaymo76
08-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Peter Moore announced today that any game put into the EA Vault will NOT be removed. Once a game is in the vault it will stay in the vault and you can play it for as lng as you have a subscription. Moore also again recommitted to the fact that AAA titles will be added to the vault as time goes on.

I still say Sony errored big time on this one.

I OU a Beatn
08-10-2014, 11:46 AM
I still say Sony errored big time on this one.

On both accounts - how they're pricing PS Now and the fact they denied EA the chance to launch their platform on Sony's system. The EA service is MUCH more appealing to me than PS Now ever was. I'm just waiting to see what kind of early access I'm going to get for Madden games before jumping in. 3 or more days and I'll definitely be subscribing.

Rudy
08-10-2014, 12:27 PM
On EA vault games I'm assuming they have to remove older player names since they wouldn't own those rights correct? Sports licenses are annual licenses that I assumed you could no longer sell after the year. If not, why couldn't 2K release a 2k5 game in a vault?

skipwondah33
08-10-2014, 12:48 PM
They likely will Rudy, I believe more companies will be doing the same

I OU a Beatn
08-10-2014, 01:10 PM
On EA vault games I'm assuming they have to remove older player names since they wouldn't own those rights correct? Sports licenses are annual licenses that I assumed you could no longer sell after the year. If not, why couldn't 2K release a 2k5 game in a vault?

I'd say it's more like since EA has signed a multi-year deal with the NFL, they can sell games with old players as long as the license is maintained by EA. I doubt 2k would be able to because they no longer own the license.

If it was just on a year to year basis, you probably wouldn't be seeing legend players like Walter Payton, Steve Young, etc... in the Ultimate Team modes.

CLW
08-10-2014, 05:54 PM
I'd say it's more like since EA has signed a multi-year deal with the NFL, they can sell games with old players as long as the license is maintained by EA. I doubt 2k would be able to because they no longer own the license.

If it was just on a year to year basis, you probably wouldn't be seeing legend players like Walter Payton, Steve Young, etc... in the Ultimate Team modes.

I might be wrong on this but I believe EA had to pay all the legends separately to get them into MUT. If they didn't time to go find some washed up/broke legend that wants to sue. :nod:

steelerfan
08-10-2014, 07:01 PM
I might be wrong on this but I believe EA had to pay all the legends separately to get them into MUT. If they didn't time to go find some washed up/broke legend that wants to sue. :nod:
That's correct. The NFLPA only consists of CURRENT players.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

jaymo76
08-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Apparently EA Access is live today for Xbox 1. There is still no word however on how long you will be able to play Madden 15 for. Smooth, JB, et al. ... you guys have 1's. Are you going to try out Access?

JBHuskers
08-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Apparently EA Access is live today for Xbox 1. There is still no word however on how long you will be able to play Madden 15 for. Smoth, JB, et al. ... you guys have 1's. Are you going to try out Access?

I was in the beta, but with lots of stuff going on last week, I haven't gotten to try it out. I think I'll do it just to replay some games on the XB1 and whore acheivements since most of the games I'll be getting on the PS4. It's kind of a cheap way to have access to the past library there.

I OU a Beatn
08-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Apparently EA Access is live today for Xbox 1. There is still no word however on how long you will be able to play Madden 15 for. Smoth, JB, et al. ... you guys have 1's. Are you going to try out Access?

Waiting on the Madden early access details. If I get full access to the full version of Madden 15 starting at least the Saturday before launch, I'll cough up the $30 in a heartbeat.

jaymo76
08-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Waiting on the Madden early access details. If I get full access to the full version of Madden 15 starting at least the Saturday before launch, I'll cough up the $30 in a heartbeat.

Yes the key will be time. I suspect they will do the Season Ticket idea (3 days of play). I doubt it will be limited to 2-5 hours as some have speculated. I am also really, really hoping that within the next week Sony changes it's mind. However, that is just wishful thinking as I don't see it happening... :(

CLW
08-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Yes the key will be time. I suspect they will do the Season Ticket idea (3 days of play). I doubt it will be limited to 2-5 hours as some have speculated. I am also really, really hoping that within the next week Sony changes it's mind. However, that is just wishful thinking as I don't see it happening... :(

What I would worry about is after the initial rush of subscribers. I suspect EA will give a decent amount of time for Madden since its the first early trial. After that all bets are off as the Terms of Your Subscription specifically say you are only guaranteed a few hours of early access.

jaymo76
08-11-2014, 05:46 PM
What I would worry about is after the initial rush of subscribers. I suspect EA will give a decent amount of time for Madden since its the first early trial. After that all bets are off as the Terms of Your Subscription specifically say you are only guaranteed a few hours of early access.

That's a valid concern. It would be nice to know for sports titles the actual plan. At least with season ticket you were given a firm number (and then usually got an extra 5-6 hours free).

I OU a Beatn
08-11-2014, 06:41 PM
I believe it's so vague because it's not just EA Sports - it's all of EA. If you get 3+ days access to single player games, people would just beat them by then and there would be no need for them to buy it. I can almost guarantee the really severe limitations (hours of play) will be mainly on games with single player story modes.

skipwondah33
08-11-2014, 07:45 PM
And to think some people thought the Season Ticket program was stupid

That was a great dead with what $5 a title you got to play early (Fifa, NHL, Madden, NCAA and Tiger)

Even if this is the similar that's a great deal. Even if it is capped for X amount of hours

steelerfan
08-11-2014, 07:46 PM
I believe it's so vague because it's not just EA Sports - it's all of EA. If you get 3+ days access to single player games, people would just beat them by then and there would be no need for them to buy it. I can almost guarantee the really severe limitations (hours of play) will be mainly on games with single player story modes.
This is what I've assumed. I let the xb1 guys figure it out since it isn't on ps4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

cdj
08-18-2014, 11:20 AM

CLW
08-18-2014, 02:33 PM
LMFAO. If that's the best EA is going to offer for a game Access does not have much value at all. It's like you are paying EA for a demo. With Season Ticket you got a whole weekend where you could play it non-stop. Now 6 hours?

CLW
08-18-2014, 02:50 PM
Any XB1 user here that paid for EA Early Access wanna sign up for legal representation? Call me and we will sue EA class-action style. I'd prefer residents from the following states: California; Massachusetts; New York; Illinois; Washington; or Oregon :nod:

skipwondah33
08-18-2014, 02:59 PM
With Season Ticket you got a whole weekend where you could play it non-stop.Remember when people thought that was a rip off and stupid as well?

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Any XB1 user here that paid for EA Early Access wanna sign up for legal representation? Call me and we will sue EA class-action style. I'd prefer residents from the following states: California; Massachusetts; New York; Illinois; Washington; or Oregon :nod:

To be fair (somewhat), they are staying within their terms. They said a minimum of two hours and up to 5 days. 6 hours falls in that range. And while it is partially about the early access to games, you're also paying for the unlimited play of games in the EA Vault or whatever it's called, not JUST early access to select games as was the case with Season Ticket. So EA Access can and does still have some value.

That said, I'm probably not going to purchase it until they add better games to the Vault. Only game of interest right now for me in the Vault would be Battlefield 4.

CLW
08-18-2014, 03:06 PM
Remember when people thought that was a rip off and stupid as well?

Not really.

I bought Season Ticket and was happy with that product b/c it was CORRECTLY advertised. I got the product on Friday and then after the weekend it stopped working (although the times varied). I got to give a FULL TEST of the final product and determine whether it was worth my $60 or not.

My only complaints with the product was the long download times on Friday nights when I got home from work. With the pre-download on PS4 (and XB1 i presume) that problem would easily had been resolved.

I think EA really used creating language again (much like MS is trying with the TR). Yeah it was all there in the fine print legalese that you might only get a few hours. But people ignored others (like myself) that warned this was coming.

Hell just look at IOU's posts above. He thought the hours would only apply to non sports games and that you would get the full weekend to try the sports titles.

He was wrong I was right. (although I thought they would drop this bomb AFTER Madden with FIFA)

skipwondah33
08-18-2014, 03:17 PM
I heard plenty of complaints of the Season Ticket when it was announced and released.

And of course this

http://kotaku.com/5834827/ea-sports-season-ticket-hears-crickets-on-debut-day

Not sure if these are complaints or not haven't read through the entire thing but here is TGT's feeling towards it when it released

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3196-EA-SPORTS-Season-Ticket-Launches-Today

Why you yourself said

Nope. Sorry 3 days early for a download doesn't entice me to give EA $25 bucks and I don't think I have ever purchased DLC

I OU a Beatn
08-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Hell just look at IOU's posts above. He thought the hours would only apply to non sports games and that you would get the full weekend to try the sports titles.

I didn't know how it would be, hence why I didn't purchase the subscription. I was waiting on the early release details for Madden, which I'm highly underwhelmed with. Truthfully, I did expect EA to release it 4 or 5 days early with no limitations, but I learned a long time ago that when dealing with EA, common sense and doing the right thing doesn't always apply - so I wait until ALL the details have been announced.

jaymo76
08-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Wow! Here is a short interview on EA ACCESS and why Sony passed. Feel free to consult a lawyer on this one.

GameCentral talks to the head of PlayStation Europe (Jim Ryan) about why Sony doesn’t like EA Access

GC: Okay, so you’ll like this one: what has Sony got against EA Access?

JR: We don’t have anything against EA Access, we just need to position it… these sort of offerings they’ve got to fit into the framework of everything we do and everything that we offer. And we’re just not quite comfortable with how it sits within the whole ecosystem of our digital offering, including PlayStation Plus.

GC: I think the phrase used by Sony is that it doesn’t offer good value for money, can you be specific about why you think that is? Because to me £3.99 a month doesn’t sound bad, at least not once they have a good pool of games to choose from.

JR: It adds up of course, over the course of months and years, and you know we’ve got PlayStation Plus and we feel that offers our consumers the best value in terms of a subscription offer.

GC: But isn’t that just you being a bully and ensuring you haven’t got any competitors?

JR: I don’t think so, I don’t see us being a bully at all.

GC: If that’s not the case I don’t understand why you won’t allow it?

JR: Like I say, we’ve got to look at that value proposition…

GC: But what are you looking at that you don’t like? What part of that ‘value proposition’ don’t you like?

JR: How it relates to everything else that we offer, including PlayStation Plus.

GC: I don’t understand what that sentence is supposed to mean.

JR: All I can do is repeat it.

GC: [exasperated] But that’s just marketing gobbledegook! No one that reads this, when I transcribe this interview, is going to know what it’s supposed to mean either. It’s just white nose to move on this part of the interview.

JR: I think your readers are probably more intelligent than you are.

GC: They undoubtedly are, but unless they’ve got a PhD in marketing doublespeak I think they’re also going to wonder what it is you’re trying not to say.

JR: …

GC: Last time, when I suggested you police microtransactions, you thought that was unnecessary, but as soon as something that might affect Sony’s profits comes up suddenly you’re very heavy-handed and desperate to protect the customer from the mean old publishers. What would EA, or any other publisher, have to do to make their subscription service acceptable to you?

JR: We’ll look at each individual proposition on its own merits and make decisions accordingly.

GC: You know you’re creating conspiracies by giving all these non-answers. It’s like talking to Phil Harrison!

JR: [laughs] If you want to be paranoid that’s…

GC: I just want to understand Sony’s reasoning.

JR: Well I’ve done my best to explain it, that’s all I can do.

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Lmao, a whole lot of nothing from him. Definitely trying to wave the hand and say these are not the droids you're looking for as Sony gets hammered on this.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Rudy
08-20-2014, 09:26 PM
Wow! That was brutal. Just man up and admit you want all companies to release every game or paid service through your ecosystem to make more money.

skipwondah33
08-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Yeah that was terrible to read. I honestly thought someone made up that transcript. Seemed awkward.

jaymo76
08-21-2014, 01:26 AM
I guess our xbox friends get their access starting at noon Eastern tomorrow. I suspect it will go something like this...

Hour one: "oh my gosh this game is amazing!"
Hour two: "best game ever!!! Everything is sooo good."
Hour three: "oh man this is so much fun... but why is every pass the cpu throws completed?"
Hour four: "oh my gosh this is so stupid... my player just warped through another player. WTF?"
Hour five: "this game is crap. It should be called Madden 25.5 what did they do for the last year"
Hour six: "I hate EA. I'm cancelling my preorder. You just lost a customer! Never again EA; Never again"

One week later: "sweet I just pre-ordered Madden 16. This is going to be the best game ever!"

looking forward to the forums lighting up. :)

bdoughty
08-21-2014, 03:43 AM
Best bet for your mental health and well being is to avoid certain forums for at least two weeks after release. Personally I add the week before release, because of the, "Does anyone on in "X" city have the game yet" threads.

jaymo76
08-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Seeing 10 or 11 people on my twitch playing Madden 15. Just wanted to thank Sony again for giving me the choice to spend my money how I see fit. Oh wait... :down::down::down: Not impressed Sony; Not impressed at all...

JBHuskers
09-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Need For Speed Rivals Will Soon Be Added To The EA Access Vault (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/09/02/need-for-speed-rivals-added-to-the-ea-access-vault-.aspx)

jaymo76
09-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Need For Speed Rivals Will Soon Be Added To The EA Access Vault (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/09/02/need-for-speed-rivals-added-to-the-ea-access-vault-.aspx)

Just pile it on JB. Just pile it on... :(

JBHuskers
09-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Just pile it on JB. Just pile it on... :(

:D I subscribed this weekend. Just doing the $5 a month thing for now.

SmoothPancakes
09-02-2014, 02:29 PM
:D I subscribed this weekend. Just doing the $5 a month thing for now.

Yeah, I think I'll do the same. Play some Need for Speed and maybe dick around in Battlefield. Can also take advantage of the early play for NHL and FIFA.

JBHuskers
09-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I think I'll do the same. Play some Need for Speed and maybe dick around in Battlefield. Can also take advantage of the early play for NHL and FIFA.

Yep, whore a few achievements on the XB1 side since I mostly play on the PS4, and get early access.

jaymo76
09-02-2014, 03:14 PM
OS is reporting that FIFA 15 and NHL 15 will both offer 6 HOURS of early release. It's the same amount as Madden 15.

JBHuskers
09-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Not a surprise.

JBHuskers
10-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Plants v. Zombies: Garden Warfare added to the Vault. Great add IMO.

cdj
12-11-2014, 03:18 PM
EA SPORTS UFC will be added to the EA Access Vault on December 18.

cdj
02-16-2015, 08:23 PM
NBA Live 15 is now (or will soon be) available as part of EA Access.

JBHuskers
02-18-2015, 11:59 AM
NBA Live 15 is now (or will soon be) available as part of EA Access.

Good addition. Great gameplay.

jaymo76
02-18-2015, 07:24 PM
I have heard a lot of speculation that Live has one more year. If this move doesn't boost sales next year then the game is done.

cdj
02-25-2015, 09:06 PM
Following some initial reports, developer Visceral Games on Wednesday officially announced that EA Access members on Xbox One will get to play Battlefield Hardline on March 12, a full five days before the game launches to the public on March 17.

Courtesy: Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/want-to-play-battlefield-hardline-five-days-early-/1100-6425525/)

cdj
03-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Madden NFL 15 is now available as part of EA Access.

souljahbill
03-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Madden NFL 15 is now available as part of EA Access.

Wait, is that the most recent version that came out?

JBHuskers
03-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Wait, is that the most recent version that came out?
Yep.

souljahbill
03-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Yep.

Woooooooooow! I wouldn't think they'd put it in there until '16 came out.

SmoothPancakes
03-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Sweet! I haven't been able to get too much into Madden lately, so I have pretty much written off any chance I'd spend money buying it. But I'll gladly give 15 a whirl as part of EA Access. Access is really starting to pay off!

JBHuskers
03-04-2015, 08:15 PM
Especially when I can play Hardline on the 12th!

jaymo76
03-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Sweet! I haven't been able to get too much into Madden lately, so I have pretty much written off any chance I'd spend money buying it. But I'll gladly give 15 a whirl as part of EA Access. Access is really starting to pay off!

I will be purchasing Access sometime this summer. Still think Sony crapped the bed when they passed on this one...

SmoothPancakes
03-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Especially when I can play Hardline on the 12th!
That too! Access started off sort of "meh" with their initial 5 game selection or whatever it was. But it has really taken off as more games have been added to it (especially the more recent games).

I will be purchasing Access sometime this summer. Still think Sony crapped the bed when they passed on this one...
Yeah, obviously Sony wants to push people into buying into PS Now, but they really missed out by pushing EA Access away.

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
03-05-2015, 08:57 AM
That too! Access started off sort of "meh" with their initial 5 game selection or whatever it was. But it has really taken off as more games have been added to it (especially the more recent games).

#TheScriptIsDead

Yeah. I do the $5 a month thing. It's a lot easier to ignore than an annual $30 payment :D

steelerfan
03-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Yeah. I do the $5 a month thing. It's a lot easier to ignore than an annual $30 payment :D
So you pay $60 a year, instead of $30 and think it's a good idea? Or do you pick and choose what months you want it at $5 a month?

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
03-05-2015, 02:34 PM
So you pay $60 a year, instead of $30 and think it's a good idea? Or do you pick and choose what months you want it at $5 a month?

#TheScriptIsDead

That's what I was wondering. :D

That's why I went with the annual, because it was half the full annual monthly rate.

JBHuskers
03-05-2015, 02:55 PM

#TheScriptIsDead

I pay $60 a year at $5 at a time and I'm fine with it.

steelerfan
03-05-2015, 03:19 PM
I pay $60 a year at $5 at a time and I'm fine with it.
Sheesh, JB.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/05/ba53dc0b763f4c276c7b1bc1c55d37b1.jpg

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
03-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Like I said, I barely notice when $5 automatically comes out.

steelerfan
03-05-2015, 03:55 PM
:smh:

#TheScriptIsDead

gschwendt
03-05-2015, 04:02 PM
So basically you're financing it at 100% interest rate...

SmoothPancakes
03-05-2015, 04:16 PM
I don't notice it at all when $0 automatically comes out. :D :P

Rudy
03-05-2015, 04:18 PM
So basically you're financing it at 100% interest rate...

Exactly! JB that just is not smart. I can see only buying into months you care about but you might as well buy the yearly package.

JBHuskers
03-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Eh. I don't save $2.50 each month. I can survive.

cdj
04-09-2015, 01:01 PM
NHL 15 is now available in The Vault.

jaymo76
04-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Starting to get some good value now. I will probably be picking up a monthly subscription in August just ahead of Madden. So how many games are there now?

cdj
04-09-2015, 07:46 PM
In The Vault is:

NHL 15
Madden NFL 15
NBA LIVE 15
EA SPORTS UFC
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
FIFA 14
Battlefield 4
Need for Speed Rivals
Peggle 2
Madden NFL 25

There may be more, but this is the most complete list I could find/put together.

Rudy
04-10-2015, 03:57 AM
The Vault still restricts the amount of hours you can play right?

cdj
04-10-2015, 07:17 AM
The Vault still restricts the amount of hours you can play right?

Someone else would need to verify, but I think the time limit is only on pre-release titles. So long as you are an active EA Access subscriber, I believe you get full access to titles in The Vault.

Rudy
04-10-2015, 08:17 AM
That is a pretty sweet deal then at $30 a year (or in JB's case even better at $60 a year!). I thought you were just limited to 6 hours still. I would definitely be interested in that for the PS4 but I'm not sure if Sony will back down and make it happen.

Dragon Age had a trial too. I would have liked that.

steelerfan
04-10-2015, 09:08 AM
That is a pretty sweet deal then at $30 a year (or in jb's case even better at $60 a year!).

:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d

cdj
05-08-2015, 07:34 AM
I'm seeing people claim that FIFA 15 is now in The Vault.

SmoothPancakes
05-08-2015, 08:19 AM
I haven't looked, but it's been showing up on multiple game sites.

#TheScriptIsDead

bdoughty
06-29-2015, 09:34 AM
http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/06/27/ea-access-offering-10-hours-of-early-rory-mcilroy-pga-tour-playtime

10 Hours to try out Rory a week before release.

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is officially out on July 14 but those with an EA Access subscription on Xbox One will get the opportunity to play it starting July 9

jaymo76
06-29-2015, 05:50 PM
http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/06/27/ea-access-offering-10-hours-of-early-rory-mcilroy-pga-tour-playtime

10 Hours to try out Rory a week before release.

Really hoping they extend all sports titles to 10 hours...

souljahbill
08-02-2015, 07:44 AM
Who has this again and when is the new Madden going up?

jaymo76
08-02-2015, 11:19 AM
I think Madden is up on August 20th (isn't the main release August 25th?). Well it's five days before whatever the release date is. I hope they up it from 6 hours to 10 like they did wth golf. I will be picking it up in August.

cdj
08-03-2015, 03:52 PM
Ask and ye shall receive, jaymo:

jaymo76
08-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Glad I have a One and PS4... still think Sony needs to reconsider!

jaymo76
08-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Looks like Dragon Age Inquisition was added to the vault today.

souljahbill
08-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Ok. EA Access is seriously making me consider getting a One over a PS4 when I finally upgrade.

jaymo76
08-05-2015, 10:13 PM
Ok. EA Access is seriously making me consider getting a One over a PS4 when I finally upgrade.

In all honesty I love both systems. I was hard on the One when it was first announced but I love the system now to the point that I use it more that PS4. PS4 is all about game while XOBX One is all about entertainment. I passed on the xbox camera but I don't miss it.

CLW
08-06-2015, 07:26 AM
Glad I have a One and PS4... still think Sony needs to reconsider!

Or just flip it and say EA needs to reconsider Sony's offer to put their games on Playstation Now.

There is ZERO reason for PS4 owners to not have the ability to play Madden, FIFA, etc... as rentals (or playing NCAA 14) other than EA being "the worst company in America".

SmoothPancakes
08-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Or just flip it and say EA needs to reconsider Sony's offer to put their games on Playstation Now.

There is ZERO reason for PS4 owners to not have the ability to play Madden, FIFA, etc... as rentals (or playing NCAA 14) other than EA being "the worst company in America".
Or, Sony can just piss off. I'm doubting EA has any control over when their games are put on PS Now. With EA Access, they have complete control over when to add games to the vault. Just because Sony wants to have a monopoly with PS Now, well, tough shit.

Besides, isn't Now still basically a rental service? Having to pay for 1, 7 or 30 days (or whatever it was) PER game? With Access, every game is available for unlimited access for a simply monthly fee. Access is basically EA's version of Netflix, while Sony is trying to go the Redbox route. Yeah, I'll stick with Access on my One. Thanks to having both consoles, in this case, I can have my cake AND eat it too.

JBHuskers
08-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Sony didn't want EA Access, it wasn't the other way around.

SCClassof93
08-06-2015, 10:45 AM
MS and Ea, a pair of companies that don't get my money any more. Glad some of you still enjoy their products. Far as axxess, Sony could/should have let the consumer market dictate the success of ea's product. Just because I choose no, does not mean I want to choose for anyone else.

CLW
08-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Or, Sony can just piss off. I'm doubting EA has any control over when their games are put on PS Now. With EA Access, they have complete control over when to add games to the vault. Just because Sony wants to have a monopoly with PS Now, well, tough shit.

Besides, isn't Now still basically a rental service? Having to pay for 1, 7 or 30 days (or whatever it was) PER game? With Access, every game is available for unlimited access for a simply monthly fee. Access is basically EA's version of Netflix, while Sony is trying to go the Redbox route. Yeah, I'll stick with Access on my One. Thanks to having both consoles, in this case, I can have my cake AND eat it too.

You REALLY think Sony would refuse to let EA put its games on PS Now? If so, I have some ocean front property to sell you here in Oklahoma.

Sony created owns the platform (PS4) and its the #1 selling console in the world. They have ALL the leverage/power and they do not have to do squat for EA (a publisher of software) especially when EA is trying to create something Sony has already created and wants to push hard to differentiate PS4 from its competition.

Your are also 100% DEAD WRONG about what PS Now is. PS Now is Sony's attempt to create a "Netflix for games". If you subscribe you get UNLIMITED access to all the games in their subscription service (100+ at this time with approx 5 new games added per month). Alternatively, you can rent a title for X number of days.

Sony didn't want EA Access, it wasn't the other way around.

You are correct Sony didn't want EVERY publisher to create their own PS Now - they want to unify it and create a subsciption model so their consumers can play ALL GAMES in one place. IF they had let EA create Access Ubisoft would have wanted their own, etc... it would have defeated the entire concept of PS Now.

Sony execs have stated that all publishers are welcome to be a part of PS Now (I'm sure they get paid for putting titles on the service) it's EA who refused to play ball.

JBHuskers
08-06-2015, 02:36 PM
CLW, I know a LOT of people who game, and you're the ONLY one who uses PS Now.

CLW
08-06-2015, 02:39 PM
CLW, I know a LOT of people who game, and you're the ONLY one who uses PS Now.

That may be true - the rollout wasn't great (no subscription model at 1st) - however it works great for me and I really enjoy the $15/month I pay for unlimited access to a TON of really good games (and some easy :plat:)

souljahbill
08-06-2015, 02:41 PM
You REALLY think Sony would refuse to let EA put its games on PS Now? If so, I have some ocean front property to sell you here in Oklahoma.

Sony created owns the platform (PS4) and its the #1 selling console in the world. They have ALL the leverage/power and they do not have to do squat for EA (a publisher of software) especially when EA is trying to create something Sony has already created and wants to push hard to differentiate PS4 from its competition.

Your are also 100% DEAD WRONG about what PS Now is. PS Now is Sony's attempt to create a "Netflix for games". If you subscribe you get UNLIMITED access to all the games in their subscription service (100+ at this time with approx 5 new games added per month). Alternatively, you can rent a title for X number of days.

You are correct Sony didn't want EVERY publisher to create their own PS Now - they want to unify it and create a subsciption model so their consumers can play ALL GAMES in one place. IF they had let EA create Access Ubisoft would have wanted their own, etc... it would have defeated the entire concept of PS Now.

1) If EA went Microsoft exclusive, that would REALLY hurt Sony so EA has some power in the relationship.

2) I'm pretty sure Madden 15 and Dragon Age wouldn't be in the PS Now vault. Isn't it a bunch of PS1/2/3 games?

3) Even if Ubisoft and Activision and whomever would've wanted their own service, let 'em have it. People will decide if it's a good deal or not. I personally wouldn't even consider either of their services as only Ubisoft has a franchise that interests me (Assassin's Creed).

steelerfan
08-06-2015, 03:55 PM
I'm with CLW on this one. The Sony model is about "Big Government" holding down individuality and free trade. To hell with Capitalism, Sony knows what's best for me. I need Sony. The bigger and more powerful Sony is, the fewer decisions I have to make for myself.

I applaud CLW for embracing a clearly Dem model.

JBHuskers
08-06-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm with CLW on this one. The Sony model is about "Big Government" holding down individuality and free trade. To hell with Capitalism, Sony knows what's best for me. I need Sony. The bigger and more powerful Sony is, the fewer decisions I have to make for myself.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/82852/gotheem/image.png

jaymo76
08-06-2015, 06:02 PM
That may be true - the rollout wasn't great (no subscription model at 1st) - however it works great for me and I really enjoy the $15/month I pay for unlimited access to a TON of really good games (and some easy :plat:)

Well, I'm glad it works for you but for me personally I just don't see the value...

EA ACCESS... $30 PER YEAR to play recent next gen games
PS NOW... $180 PER YEAR... to play PS1-2 and some 3 titles

Plus download or stream... I choose download as there are way less issues. I don't begrudge anyone for using it. I just hate how SONY did not give me a choice of EA ACCESS while MICROSOFT did. SONY blew it!

Rudy
08-06-2015, 07:54 PM
I have ZERO interest in PS Now. I have definite interest in EA Access and that's only as a $5 a month for the particular month I want like Madden and NBA Live. Don't care about anything else. And if EA went over to MS exclusively I would own my first ever XBox.

SmoothPancakes
08-06-2015, 10:43 PM
On the topic of Access, anyone else looking forward to diving into Dragon Age now that it's in the vault? I've heard a ton about that game, but just never was sure enough about it to buy it as I've never played any of the Dragon Age games.

jaymo76
08-07-2015, 12:13 AM
On the topic of Access, anyone else looking forward to diving into Dragon Age now that it's in the vault? I've heard a ton about that game, but just never was sure enough about it to buy it as I've never played any of the Dragon Age games.

Once my external hard drive arrives (which is now listed as sold out... great pre-order best buy... :( then I will be picking up Access and that is my first DL.

SmoothPancakes
08-07-2015, 01:36 AM
Yeah, I need to get an external drive myself. I've had to uninstall a bunch of games because I've been out of space for months and needed to make room for new games. But definitely looking forward to diving into DA now that I can play it and see what it's like.

souljahbill
08-07-2015, 07:05 AM

I'm a huge Bioware fan (because I'm obsessed with the Mass Effect series) so I'd be all over it if I had a One.

SCClassof93
08-07-2015, 08:18 AM
Well, I'm glad it works for you but for me personally I just don't see the value...

EA ACCESS... $30 PER YEAR to play recent next gen games
PS NOW... $180 PER YEAR... to play PS1-2 and some 3 titles

Plus download or stream... I choose download as there are way less issues. I don't begrudge anyone for using it. I just hate how SONY did not give me a choice of EA ACCESS while MICROSOFT did. SONY blew it!

I endorse this message:D

SCClassof93
08-07-2015, 08:19 AM

Smooth, get witcher 3 instead:up:

CLW
08-07-2015, 08:59 AM

http://memecrunch.com/meme/82852/gotheem/image.png

Yep you got me only if you conflate Government with a PRIVATE Corporation. Conservatives are about free market capitalism and allowing businesses to create/control their own products/services freely.

Sony made/created the platform (PS4) an as such they can/should control what other publishers can/cannot do on that platform that they created.

IF you don't like it - don't buy Sony's product - however consumers world wide have spoken and they CLEARLY prefer PS4 over XB1

steelerfan
08-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Yep you got me only if you conflate Government with a PRIVATE Corporation. Conservatives are about free market capitalism and allowing businesses to create/control their own products/services freely.

Sony made/created the platform (PS4) an as such they can/should control what other publishers can/cannot do on that platform that they created.

IF you don't like it - don't buy Sony's product - however consumers world wide have spoken and they CLEARLY prefer PS4 over XB1
https://youtu.be/ss2hULhXf04

souljahbill
08-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Smooth, get witcher 3 instead:up:

He's not buying Dragon Age. He's playing it for "free."

gschwendt
08-07-2015, 10:46 AM
I bought Dragon Age (cheap) but couldn't get into it. I hate the point-and-click style games, especially when it comes to combat. I played for probably 4-5 hours before I gave up on it.

Rudy
08-07-2015, 04:41 PM
I bought Dragon Age (cheap) but couldn't get into it. I hate the point-and-click style games, especially when it comes to combat. I played for probably 4-5 hours before I gave up on it.

DAI has real time combat. It's not point and click unless you want it to be. The biggest weakness of DAI is how long it is and how much filler the side quests have. I think an underrated aspect is the ability to control any of the 4 people in your party which can have a bunch of different skills.

cdj
08-12-2015, 09:24 AM
The Xbox One's recent announcement of backwards compatibility for Xbox 360 games could open a whole new slate of possibilities for EA Access' selection of free games.

With Dragon Age: Inquisition having recently been released as a freebie for EA Access subscribers, someone recently asked the EA Access Twitter account if we might see Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, both Xbox 360 games, offered for free. "We're investigating adding backwards compatible EA games to EA Access in the future," EA said in response. "Stay tuned."

EA Access is the Xbox One-only membership program which, along with early access and discounts on digital content, offers subscribers unlimited access to a selection of EA games. Presently, these are Xbox One games, but with Microsoft's announcement of backwards compatibility--available now for preview program members, and November for everyone else--Xbox 360 games now seem like a possibility.

Courtesy: Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-ones-ea-access-could-offer-free-backwards-com/1100-6429663/)

JBHuskers
08-12-2015, 10:49 AM
The Xbox One's recent announcement of backwards compatibility for Xbox 360 games could open a whole new slate of possibilities for EA Access' selection of free games.

With Dragon Age: Inquisition having recently been released as a freebie for EA Access subscribers, someone recently asked the EA Access Twitter account if we might see Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, both Xbox 360 games, offered for free. "We're investigating adding backwards compatible EA games to EA Access in the future," EA said in response. "Stay tuned."

EA Access is the Xbox One-only membership program which, along with early access and discounts on digital content, offers subscribers unlimited access to a selection of EA games. Presently, these are Xbox One games, but with Microsoft's announcement of backwards compatibility--available now for preview program members, and November for everyone else--Xbox 360 games now seem like a possibility.

Courtesy: Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-ones-ea-access-could-offer-free-backwards-com/1100-6429663/)

That would be a neat combo.

SmoothPancakes
08-12-2015, 06:48 PM
EA's upping the freebies. Got an email today, you have until August 19th to visit the EA Access app on Xbox One and claim a free multiplayer chest filled with free loot for use in Dragon Age: Inquisition.

jaymo76
08-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Slightly annoying... I can only get EA ACCESS if I have a credit card. They will not let me use my $$$ from my xbox account (gift cards). Since it is an automatic renewal they need a way to get your money. Anyways rant over.

cdj
08-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Madden NFL 16 is now available for EA Access subscribers.

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 05:27 PM
For those of you with XB1 I strongly recommend getting EA Access. I got the year pass for $30. I have already played NHL 15 for 10 hours in the last 4 days. All that cost me was like the equivalent of less than $3.00. Now I am Downloading Madden 16 for 10 hours of gameplay. This is currently the best value service for consoles right now IMO. Peggle 2, Plants vs Zombies, Dragon Age, Need for Speed, etc are all on my list to D/L at some point.

SONY blew it and I read today that they have no interest in getting the service in the future. That will cost them money because if I buy an EA sports title I will most likely buy it for XBOX1 so I can transfer over my saved files.

gigemaggs99
08-19-2015, 09:13 PM
For those of you with XB1 I strongly recommend getting EA Access. I got the year pass for $30. I have already played NHL 15 for 10 hours in the last 4 days. All that cost me was like the equivalent of less than $3.00. Now I am Downloading Madden 16 for 10 hours of gameplay. This is currently the best value service for consoles right now IMO. Peggle 2, Plants vs Zombies, Dragon Age, Need for Speed, etc are all on my list to D/L at some point.

SONY blew it and I read today that they have no interest in getting the service in the future. That will cost them money because if I buy an EA sports title I will most likely buy it for XBOX1 so I can transfer over my saved files.

Good tip, I'll look into the early access deal.

In my opinion this is a TRUE definition of a monopoly. Not only does EA have the rights to the NFL game, they also decide the release date, then they pick when you can get early access and how much access you can have. In the past mom and pop stores would give out copies early or sell them early and EA would get really upset. Now EA is doing the same thing mom and pop stores where doing but limiting how much you can use the "drug".

10 hours? I could play A HELL OF A LOT more than 10 hours in-between now and the 26th! 7 days until the game comes out, 10 hours? If I played more than 1 hour per day and a few hours on the weekend it would be shot.

It seems like in the not so near future EA will allow FULL Early access for a really pretty penny....

MONOPOLY! :easy:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 09:48 PM
Good tip, I'll look into the early access deal.

In my opinion this is a TRUE definition of a monopoly. Not only does EA have the rights to the NFL game, they also decide the release date, then they pick when you can get early access and how much access you can have. In the past mom and pop stores would give out copies early or sell them early and EA would get really upset. Now EA is doing the same thing mom and pop stores where doing but limiting how much you can use the "drug".

10 hours? I could play A HELL OF A LOT more than 10 hours in-between now and the 26th! 7 days until the game comes out, 10 hours? If I played more than 1 hour per day and a few hours on the weekend it would be shot.

It seems like in the not so near future EA will allow FULL Early access for a really pretty penny....

MONOPOLY! :easy:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah I would love it if the EA Access was like the old season pass where you got the full game three days early. That said, 10 hours will allow me to know whether I will buy or pass this year. Right now I am in the pass camp. However, if the wr/db interactions make the game amazing then I will purchase.

I will play a few hours tonight and tomorrow and most likely by Friday night my 10 hours will be up. What I want to see formyself:

* WR fighting for the ball
* types of penalties and amount
* robo qb and how sliders impact it
* CFM scouting & combine / CFM draft
* year two of CFM (players, uniforms, commentary, etc.)

Rudy
08-20-2015, 04:57 AM
That's not a monopoly though based on release date. All games and movies have street dates and when mom and pop stores violate them they can get themselves in trouble with the company where they get fined or don't get any more movies and games to sell.

The actual release date can also be suggested by the NFL. I know for baseball games mlb does not allow them to release any earlier than the first Tuesday of March. The actual nfl influences quite a few things in game development.

cdj
09-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Battlefield Hardline coming to The Vault in October.

cdj
09-23-2015, 04:48 PM
I'm seeing people mention that NBA LIVE 16 is now available on EA Access for a 10-hour trial.

souljahbill
09-23-2015, 09:15 PM
The Vault alone makes this service amazing

cdj
10-15-2015, 06:16 AM
Battlefield Hardline is now available in The Vault.

cdj
11-11-2015, 11:48 PM
No proof yet, but hearing Star Wars Battlefront is now available for the 10-hour trial on EA Access.

EDIT - This is confirmed. Battlefront trial now available.

cdj
12-16-2015, 03:21 PM
EA Access members can buy Live 16 for $20.

I am unsure what other deals exist right now for Access members on other titles. If someone who is a subscriber could look and post them, that'd be great.

JBHuskers
12-16-2015, 05:51 PM
EA Access members can buy Live 16 for $20.

I am unsure what other deals exist right now for Access members on other titles. If someone who is a subscriber could look and post them, that'd be great.
I'll try to take a look tonight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cdj
01-14-2016, 09:01 PM
From January 19 – 24, all Xbox Live Gold members can play every game in the EA Access Vault (http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/news/gold-members-free-play-days.html?utm_campaign=eaa-social-us-ic-tw-fpd-jan-announce-tw-prev-site-sust&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=eaa-social-us-ic-tw-fpd-jan-announce-tw-prev-site-sust&cid=51701&ts=1452799883236&sf43823528=1), all for free.

cdj
01-28-2016, 01:05 PM
Madden NFL 16 will join The Vault on Tuesday (2/2).

souljahbill
01-28-2016, 06:53 PM
PastaPadre is reporting that Madden 16 will be in the vault Feb. 2nd

Edit: Ninja'd by a few hours :D

cdj
02-03-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm seeing reports that Unravel is now available for the limited trial on EA Access.

bdoughty
02-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Yes it is.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/unravel/news/unravel_trial_now_available_on_ea_access.html

The time-limited 10-hour trial offers subscribers access to the first two levels, with progress able to be carried over to the full game should you decide to pick it up next week.

cdj
03-22-2016, 08:13 PM
NHL 16 comes to The Vault on March 29.

jaymo76
03-22-2016, 08:31 PM

Nice! Looking forward to getting back into my ne a pro mode. Now if only FIFA would get their game out there as I need to get on with my Crystal Palace career.

JBHuskers
03-23-2016, 11:06 AM

Love it since I didn't get it this year and it's still six months til the next one.

jaymo76
04-11-2016, 01:14 AM
Apparently FIFA 16 comes to the vault this April.

JBHuskers
04-11-2016, 09:17 AM
I still need to download NHL. Between The Division and The Show lately, haven't played anything else.

jaymo76
04-11-2016, 09:02 PM
I still need to download NHL. Between The Division and The Show lately, haven't played anything else.

Played NHL last night. It is a very solid title.

cdj
04-19-2016, 07:06 PM
FIFA 16 is now available in The Vault for subscribers.

bdoughty
05-05-2016, 08:46 AM
http://www.vg247.com/2016/05/03/rory-mcilroy-pga-tour-comes-to-ea-access-next-week/

EA has announced that Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, the publisher’s latest golf title, is headed to the EA Access vault next week. On May 10, the game will join the growing list of EA titles available to EA Access subscribers.

Rudy
05-05-2016, 12:57 PM
I really wish Sony would give me this option.

SmoothPancakes
05-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Finally! I've wanted to try out Rory PGA Tour but never was sure enough about it to spend $60 on it. Been waiting a while for this game to pop up on Access.

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2016, 07:52 AM
Need for Speed and Unravel are now in the vault.

A cool thing I noticed last night, new games in the EA Access vault automatically show up as Ready to Install in your My Games and Apps section. I was checking on the install progress of Just Cause 3 when I saw I had two games ready to install, Need for Speed and Unravel, without having to even go into the EA Access app.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
07-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Need for Speed and Unravel are now in the vault.

A cool thing I noticed last night, new games in the EA Access vault automatically show up as Ready to Install in your My Games and Apps section. I was checking on the install progress of Just Cause 3 when I saw I had two games ready to install, Need for Speed and Unravel, without having to even go into the EA Access app.

Oh nice, that must be new or I never noticed it.

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Oh nice, that must be new or I never noticed it.
I'm thinking it's new, as I had never seen that before last night. But I like it because now I can always know when a new game hits the Vault without having to follow EA's social media accounts or constantly check the Access app.

JBHuskers
07-12-2016, 11:36 AM
I'm thinking it's new, as I had never seen that before last night. But I like it because now I can always know when a new game hits the Vault without having to follow EA's social media accounts or constantly check the Access app.

That is a very nice feature, just like the backwards compatibility showing up there too.

bdoughty
07-15-2016, 07:45 AM
Completely forgot about this but I plunked down for a year. I am going back to digital downloads as dealing with discs are just a pain. The 10% off will be nice along with playing early. Going to download all the 16 games except for Live.

Quick Question are the two Battlefield games single players any fun?

steelerfan
07-15-2016, 08:51 AM
I don't have an xbone or EA Access but I do have both of the Battlefield games you're referring to. I've only played a few chapters on Hardline but I'd say it's good. Haven't touched the single player on the other game yet.

JBHuskers
07-15-2016, 09:49 AM
Completely forgot about this but I plunked down for a year. I am going back to digital downloads as dealing with discs are just a pain. The 10% off will be nice along with playing early. Going to download all the 16 games except for Live.

Quick Question are the two Battlefield games single players any fun?

The Hardline one is pretty good, unique since it's kinda like a cop drama.

bdoughty
07-15-2016, 05:21 PM
Thanks, will probably give them a shot. Never played the Battlefield games so it will at least be a different experience.

SmoothPancakes
07-15-2016, 05:28 PM
I liked Hardline. Like JB said, it was unique as a cop drama type story instead of the usual Battlefield/COD war stories.

Battlefield 4, while the fire fights and parts of the missions were fun, I still am not sure what the hell was going on in the story. It just seemed like a very disjointed story with sudden leaps of time between missions. For instance after one mission in a mountain prison (Russian prison I think), there's a cut scene of you and your group trying to survive a snowstorm in the mountains, huddling around a campfire.

Then next thing after a loading screen, you're in apparently some coastal Russian or Chinese town in urban camo and whatnot. Made no damn sense that big of a leap of time and setting.

I don't know, I may have to go back and play it again and try to follow the story a little closer, but it just seemed sort of cobbled together story, like they designed the surroundings and missions first, and then tried to create a storyline around the missions.

JBHuskers
07-19-2016, 04:23 PM
Yeah they put more into the story for Hardline than they did for Battlefield 4. A lot more.

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2016, 04:32 PM
Yeah they put more into the story for Hardline than they did for Battlefield 4. A lot more.
It definitely showed. While the Battlefield 4 campaign was fun from a game play standpoint, damn was that story confusing to follow.

Now Hardline, that was actually a fairly interesting story to play through. I was actually interested to see how the story was going to play out and see how it ended. I may have to go back and play that again, it's been a while. I think I got it on sale for PS4, so I haven't played it on One yet.

JBHuskers
07-20-2016, 11:24 AM
It definitely showed. While the Battlefield 4 campaign was fun from a game play standpoint, damn was that story confusing to follow.

Now Hardline, that was actually a fairly interesting story to play through. I was actually interested to see how the story was going to play out and see how it ended. I may have to go back and play that again, it's been a while. I think I got it on sale for PS4, so I haven't played it on One yet.

I never finished either LOL on FPS's I rarely do.

cdj
09-07-2016, 02:29 PM
10 hour trial of NHL 17 is now available via EA Access.

steelerfan
09-07-2016, 07:47 PM
10 hour trial of NHL 17 is now available via EA Access.
Get on it, jaymo. I need some feedback! :)

jaymo76
09-09-2016, 09:13 PM
Get on it, jaymo. I need some feedback! :)

I wish I could but I'm buried at work right now.

steelerfan
09-10-2016, 12:43 AM
I wish I could but I'm buried at work right now.
Grr.

I'm on the fence but leaning towards buying after a price drop.

SmoothPancakes
10-07-2016, 03:27 PM
EA Access is growing this fall.

The EA Access Vault Expands this Year with Sports, Action and Arcade Titles

October 06, 2016

EA Access members* can already explore more than two dozen great games in The Vault, and in the months ahead we'll be adding even more sports, action and arcade games for players to discover and enjoy.

It all starts today, as a selection of Xbox LIVE Arcade games enter The Vault. Players can now explore the Throwback Pack, featuring six arcade titles from PopCap, including:

- Heavy Weapon™
- Bejeweled™ 2
- Bejeweled™ 3
- Feeding Frenzy™
- Feeding Frenzy™ 2
- Zuma™

Later this year, we'll also add even more blockbuster content to The Vault, including:

- EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2
- Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™

And of course, members can experience 10 hours of all-out war in Battlefield™ 1 before its release with a Play First Trial beginning on October 13.

For more information about EA Access, and member benefits including a 10% discount on EA digital purchases, please visit www.ea.com/eaaccess.

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/news/coming-soon-fall-2016.html

jaymo76
10-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Nice to see more content. Most of that is fluff but the Vault is definitely growing. Anyone with an XBOX1 should have Access IMO.

comprar
10-24-2016, 06:12 AM
They will not let me use my $$$ from my xbox account (gift cards). Since it is an automatic renewal they need a way to get your money. Anyways rant over.

bdoughty
10-24-2016, 06:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nwZvEcu.jpg

JBHuskers
10-24-2016, 10:11 AM
Does. Not. Compute.

Rudy
10-24-2016, 11:08 AM
Why do you guys think that guy is a robot?

gschwendt
10-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Why do you guys think that guy is a robot?
Look at his early posting and where he's replied to really old threads. As well, he never replies to anyone else... Always fairly generic comments, though surprisingly on topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bdoughty
10-24-2016, 05:01 PM
If he ever does learn how to use the quote function, RUN!

souljahbill
10-25-2016, 09:43 PM
If he ever does learn how to use the quote function, RUN!

https://youtu.be/ARJ8cAGm6JE

bdoughty
02-16-2017, 09:03 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/madden-17-joining-ea-access-free-games-vault-as-or/1100-6447950/

Madden 17 on the 24th

also who banned Comprar? He was my favorite poster and always stayed on topic. You mods keep screwing with the machines and that shit will come back to haunt you.

http://i.imgur.com/ABCzeOx.png

souljahbill
02-20-2017, 12:30 PM
My Xbox 360 was doing this weird thing where it cut on and off on it's own so I used my $100 Amazon credit and got a Xbox One S for $150 outta pocket. I'll be sure to get ACCESS before March 16th and the Xbox will become my EA console (outside of Mass Effect which is getting on PS4).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdj
03-28-2017, 12:32 PM
NHL 17 is now in the EA Access Vault.

bdoughty
04-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Props to EA. The 2TB external drive is the one I have and was $95 at Amazon at time of purchase.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-is-sending-2-tb-hard-drives-to-longtime-ea-acce/1100-6449153/

Electronic Arts is sending out 2 TB external hard drives to EA Access members who have been subscribers "from the start."

Recently, people on Twitter reported receiving the surprise care package in the mail, which includes a 2 TB Seagate external hard drive, three one-month EA Access membership codes, and a note from EA.

Rudy
04-04-2017, 08:30 AM
It would still be awful nice to have this on the PS4. I guess that's never going to happen.

SmoothPancakes
04-05-2017, 09:26 AM
That'd be sweet if I see one pop up. I first got into Access through the Xbox One Preview program in July of the year it was announced and I think I was subscribed by that September at the latest, so I've been using it since pretty much the start.

If I never see one, it's not a big deal since I've actually already got that exact drive a year ago (or whenever it was expandable storage was enabled) to expand storage for my One. But it would still be sweet to find one in my mailbox one day.

cdj
04-05-2017, 01:36 PM
FIFA 17 joins EA Access on April 21.

cdj
07-31-2017, 06:51 PM
Titanfall 2 is now available in The Vault.

JBHuskers
08-01-2017, 04:03 PM
FIFA 17 joins EA Access on April 21.

I recommend The Journey if you are a casual or hardcore FIFA guy. It's really fun.

cdj
08-16-2017, 02:49 PM
The 10-hour preview for Madden NFL 18 is now available.

cdj
09-07-2017, 10:40 AM
NHL 18 is now available for trial on EA Access.

JBHuskers
10-17-2017, 04:15 PM
The first ever de-list coming to EA Access...

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/16/16485360/fifa-14-ea-access-vault-delisting

Rudy
10-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Mass effect now in Access.

souljahbill
10-17-2017, 04:37 PM
Mass effect now in Access.

I paid $48 for the Deluxe version via Amazon and got it Day 1. I’ve already beaten it double digit times. I’ve finally settled on the looks, classes, powers, and personality for my 2 sets of Ryder twins (4 characters in all). I’ll have to post pics of them and give info on them at some point.

cdj
01-24-2018, 06:52 PM
EA SPORTS UFC 3 is now available for trial on EA Access.

cdj
02-16-2018, 10:42 AM
NBA LIVE 18 and Madden NFL 18 both in The Vault.

jaymo76
02-17-2018, 10:31 PM
Put about 20 hours into Dragon Age Inquisition thus far. It's a decent game but as a polar opposite to Rudy, I much prefer Witcher 3.

Witcher 3 gets the nod because:
* bigger better map
* connected world
* ability to enter buildings/areas without load screens
* a far better story / much better dialogue
* significantly better graphics
* a heavily populated world
* more logical characters, etc.

I feel like I'm playing Mass Effect which isn't a bad thing but the things I don't like about Mass Effect, I definitely don't like about Inquisition. That being said, it's a decent game and if I didn't own and love Witcher 3 I would have minimal negatives to say about the game.

Rudy
02-18-2018, 06:16 AM
Definitely two different camps on W3 vs DAI. I just couldn’t get into W3. My second attempt this holidays failed and I gave up. DAI certainly isn’t perfect. My first play through I gave it a 7.5/10 or so. I enjoyed it a lot more the second time as a two handed warrior and also knowing what I was doing.

cdj
03-07-2019, 05:57 PM
NBA LIVE 19 has now hit the vault.

cdj
04-06-2019, 08:28 PM
NHL 19 is now available in the vault.

Rudy
05-07-2019, 12:38 PM
EA Access finally coming to PS4. Starting in July. Same prices as XBox but you have to buy a second account on PS4 if you have one on XBox.

souljahbill
05-07-2019, 12:40 PM
As I said on TGT’s Twitter account, I’m all in.

jaymo76
05-07-2019, 07:22 PM
EA Access finally coming to PS4. Starting in July. Same prices as XBox but you have to buy a second account on PS4 if you have one on XBox.

Get the yearly... auto renews on the card. You never notice it. Great value IF you like EA titles.

Rudy
05-08-2019, 07:30 AM
Well it's perfect timing if I want to pay for a month and check out Madden lol. Plus it does have a lot of older titles to play in the system. I don't know if I will subscribe or not atm.