PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 5, 2013

gschwendt
07-23-2014, 07:30 AM
Welcome to Week 5!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Florida Gators (0-2) ===============
Last week the Gators were idle.
This week, the Gators will host East Carolina (1-2).

=============== LSU Tigers (0-3) ===============
Last week, LSU lost 44-21 against TCU (2-1).
This week, the Tigers will host SMU (0-2).

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-3) ===============
Last week, Nebraska lost 51-45 against Southern Miss (2-2).
This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Boise to face the Boise State Broncos (2-1).

=============== Oregon Ducks (0-3) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 83-52 against Northwestern (2-0).
This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== Texas Longhorns (2-2) ===============
Last week, Texas won 76-36 against Indiana (2-1).
This week, the Longhorns are idle.

=============== Michigan Wolverines (1-2) ===============
Last week, Michigan lost 45-27 against Central Michigan (2-1).
This week, the Wolverines will host #9 Michigan State (1-1).

=============== USC Trojans (0-3) ===============
Last week, USC lost 42-21 against Baylor (4-0).
This week, the Trojans will host #7 Stanford (2-1).

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (0-3) ===============
Last week, Arkansas lost 45-7 against Houston (2-1).
This week, the Razorbacks will host #18 Notre Dame (3-1).

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (1-2) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 41-38 against Bowling Green (2-2).
This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) RT Walter Love has committed to Penn State

=============== Ohio State Buckeyes (0-3) ===============
Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
This week, the Buckeyes will host Cincinnati (3-1).

=============== UCLA Bruins (0-3) ===============
Last week, UCLA lost 31-10 against Miami (3-0).
This week, the Bruins are idle.

=============== #22 Auburn Tigers (0-3) ===============
Last week the Tigers were idle.
This week, the Tigers will host Tennessee (2-0).

gschwendt
07-23-2014, 07:31 AM
Big recruiting weekend for the Gators as they have 6 players coming in to hopefully see the first win of the season against ECU. Four players are expected to sign after making their trip to Gainesville.

skipwondah33
07-23-2014, 08:23 AM
Big recruiting weekend for the Gators as they have 6 players coming in to hopefully see the first win of the season against ECU. Four players are expected to sign after making their trip to Gainesville.Yeah I think two of them I have coming in 2 weeks lol

psusnoop
07-23-2014, 08:34 AM
I'm looking forward to this class. It will be exciting to see the impact all of them have.

I still fear the impact will be quite drastic in the W's and L's. Adding a dozen and probably more 65-80ovr players will certainly make playing the CPU easier. I'm not sure how we could get around it per say but regardless it will be really fun growing a team from scratch.

skipwondah33
07-23-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm looking forward to this class. It will be exciting to see the impact all of them have.

I still fear the impact will be quite drastic in the W's and L's. Adding a dozen and probably more 65-80ovr players will certainly make playing the CPU easier. I'm not sure how we could get around it per say but regardless it will be really fun growing a team from scratch.On the Oline alone I feel it will be really beneficial.

I have decent players at a few of the skill positions (QB, RB and WR) but my Oline is terrible. On Defense it's just as bad except I have some skilled players at the LB spots.

Anxious to see as well, even though I'll likely only get 13-14 players via scholarship in the end lol

gschwendt
07-23-2014, 09:16 AM
OL is definitely an emphasis for this season. My best returning OL is currently 62OVR... after that, it goes downhill fast. Pretty much anyone I sign at OL will be a starter as a true freshman. It will just a be a matter of where I can plug them in.

Outside of OL, I'm in fairly decent shape but I have some targets that would be game changers and obviously start right away.

Oneback
07-23-2014, 09:16 AM
I've currently got 10 players that are rated anywhere from 70 to 82 OVR that I'm either leading on or about to be leading on, most of which are along the offensive and defensive lines. It should have a huge impact, I've only got one offensive linemen that is over 70 OVR on the team currently, I'm looking to add three more, all of which are 75+ OVR. For the way I'm wanting to play that should be huge. I got lucky in that almost all of my skill position players are either Fr. or So. so there's at least somewhat of a core to build from.

The problem is I play in the SEC with Bama who is a 99 OVR sqaud loaded with beasts, they ran through my team like a flame thrower thru butter.

skipwondah33
07-23-2014, 10:54 AM
OL is definitely an emphasis for this season. My best returning OL is currently 62OVR... after that, it goes downhill fast. Pretty much anyone I sign at OL will be a starter as a true freshman. It will just a be a matter of where I can plug them in.

Outside of OL, I'm in fairly decent shape but I have some targets that would be game changers and obviously start right away.Definitely most of the people coming in will start, especially at Corner, DL and OL

gschwendt
07-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Holmes' Big Day Leads Gators Past the Pirates
http://easw.easports.com:8096/media2011/ncaa14/17195/NCA14PS3_307_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_TqX.jpg

Florida notches their first victory of the season knocking off ECU 52-38. While the Gators had an all-around solid day offensively, the difference in the game were the two kickoffs returned for touchdown by WR Trent Holmes. Adding to the performance was QB Joey Jones who completed 24 of 30 passes for 250 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. WR Travis Anderson caught 12 of Jones' passes for 120 yards and 2 touchdowns and also added 1 rush for 68 yards.

Defensively, the Gators gave up a season worst 488 yards passing to ECU QB Shane Carden along with 5 touchdowns. Thankfully though, they were also able to force him to throw 2 interceptions, both in the fourth quarter. FS/CB John Bell managed one of the interceptions and also forced a critical fumble to stop an ECU drive.

Visiting on the day were 6 recruits that each spoke very highly of the Gators and their performance. Each of them had expectations of what to see out of the day and none of them came away disappointed. Expect some announcements very soon regarding some mid-season commitments.

JeffHCross
07-23-2014, 12:16 PM
I think one thing about our teams, however, is, as bad as they are overall, it's been eye-opening how 'good' bad players can be. Even though I got killed by Notre Dame last game, that was mostly self inflicted. My players, individually, are still doing better than I expected, given their ratings. I still can't really believe that my pass protection is better than Swiss cheese. And that I've manged to get some INTs.

skipwondah33
07-23-2014, 12:21 PM
That is true Jeff, I was thinking the same

However when I try to run the defense's entire DL is in my backfield before I can gain a yard. They run completely around and through my Oline haha

Oneback
07-23-2014, 12:58 PM
The biggest problem I've had is my run defense - although I'm sure playing against Alabama and Georgia had a lot to do with that. My guys just couldn't get off blocks and their Oline was just pushing them anywhere they wanted to go, it's actually the first time I've seen real movement in O/D-line interactions.

I'm not sure how good my pass defense is, I've had to load the box so often in the games I've played that the offenses have had one-on-one situations on the outside on the rare occasion they do throw the ball.

JeffHCross
07-23-2014, 01:50 PM
My biggest run defense problem has been tackling. I'm missing so many tackles it's maddening.

Going back to the recruiting discussion, I don't think any of you will be overly impressed with my class, though I've found a few gems. But I'm happy considering it's my first season of recruiting on 14 at all.

JeffHCross
07-23-2014, 01:54 PM
I got lucky in that almost all of my skill position players are either Fr. or So. so there's at least somewhat of a core to build from.I only have one actual senior. Every other senior is a 40 OVR player that was left over from TeamBuilder. I'm hoping that means I can get a better class that's not focused on needs, but I'm not overly optimistic. Mainly because I know I'll pay for that 'advantage' later. Especially if I bring in a bunch of JUCOs, like I currently have on the board.

skipwondah33
07-23-2014, 03:04 PM
The biggest problem I've had is my run defense - although I'm sure playing against Alabama and Georgia had a lot to do with that. My guys just couldn't get off blocks and their Oline was just pushing them anywhere they wanted to go, it's actually the first time I've seen real movement in O/D-line interactions.

I'm not sure how good my pass defense is, I've had to load the box so often in the games I've played that the offenses have had one-on-one situations on the outside on the rare occasion they do throw the ball.Yep that just happened against TCU. They ran anytime they wanted, where ever they wanted...especially the QB. Often times the RB would have the ball and be surrounded down field by 3-4 of his OL just mauling everyone after the snap.

Then when the run game is contained they are running over and through the tacklers.

Not that the pass defense is any better. Someone is always open when they throw no matter man or zone. TCU's QB went 15-17 and the 2 incompletions were deep bombs that didn't need to be thrown.

JeffHCross
07-23-2014, 03:23 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how I managed two interceptions in the first quarter against Notre Dame. Simple Cover 0 blitzes. I guess Gholston just threw into coverage for no reason.

JBHuskers
07-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Advance for this will be Friday night.

JeffHCross
07-23-2014, 05:15 PM
I'm heading out of town Friday night and coming back Tuesday. I have Week 6 off, so that should just be a recruiting effort.

Starting next Wed I'll be working swing shift again (instead of nights), so I should be available to play user games going forward. Will work 1-9 pm central.

skipwondah33
07-23-2014, 06:25 PM
Infuriating loss. 28-10.

SMU QB sit back and waited for someone to break open off after their originally route to the tune of 300 yards mostly this way. We did manage 3 picks which was nice the QB wasn't completely perfect.

Offense was decent but couldn't score or convert many 3rd downs.

Next up Alabama and 0-5

JeffHCross
07-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Ohio State loses 42-24, which, since the game was 35-3 at halftime, I'm actually happy with. None of the scores were garbage time either. If I could have stopped Gunner Kiel before he broke some of his big runs, I would have had a chance. The running game got going today, though it definitely went through some growing pains in the first half. We also got a huge fumble return for a touchdown in the 3rd quarter, which had a chance to push momentum our way, but I failed to gain the first down on either 3rd & inches or 4th & inches from the Cincy 26.

So, in other words, Ohio State loses their only non-user "winnable" game of the season and boosters are starting to get antsy in Columbus. Coach Jeff H Cross is wondering what demon was responsible for this schedule :D

gschwendt
07-24-2014, 08:36 AM
Games remaining:

Arkansas vs Notre Dame
Auburn vs Tennessee
USC vs Stanford
Michigan vs Michigan State
Nebraska at Boise State

Jeff & Papa both also have recruiting points remaining.

JBHuskers
07-24-2014, 09:28 AM
I will be playing tomorrow. Hopefully advancing later that night.

Oneback
07-24-2014, 11:31 AM
I'll be playing this afternoon.

JeffHCross
07-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Just simmed a season with my Teambuilder team where I went 0-fer (and probably got blown out in almost every game). I was at 12% security by Week 8 and got fired.

gschwendt
07-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Just simmed a season with my Teambuilder team where I went 0-fer (and probably got blown out in almost every game). I was at 12% security by Week 8 and got fired.
I think Online job security is different than offline. I'm not certain of that, but might be something worth testing. You might also try adding an FCS team to the schedule to hopefully get 1 win and see if you're retained.

skipwondah33
07-24-2014, 03:06 PM
LSU has already started the process of potentially looking for a coach rumor has it lol

Thought we would be doing better than this

Oneback
07-24-2014, 04:14 PM
Auburn loses again, shocker! Was 28-0 at the end of the first quarter and I had exactly 0 yards of total offense - didn't help that my QB couldn't hit the ocean if he dropped off the side of a ship. The few times he did my WR dropped it.

JeffHCross
07-24-2014, 05:26 PM
I think Online job security is different than offline. I'm not certain of that, but might be something worth testing. You might also try adding an FCS team to the schedule to hopefully get 1 win and see if you're retained.Well, there may be some hope there. I simulated to Week 5, was "merely" 0-2, and I already had dropped to 42% security. All of us had at least 2 losses going into this week, but we're all at 100% right now.

Hard to test a victory without playing the game though. We're worse than even the FCS teams :D

Manually beating an FCS team in Week 13 jumped me from 2% security to a whopping 41% security. Though I still got fired after losing my last game and dropping to 37%.

razorback44
07-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Outside of throwing a pick six and an interception to the exact same guy that he ran back inside the 10 on back-to-back possession in the second quarter, I actually played an extremely competitive game with Notre Dame. I was up 9-7 with two minutes left before half prior to throwing those interceptions. Same guy both times. I should have know better than to go back to that side of the field two plays after the first interception return.

gschwendt
07-26-2014, 06:05 PM
Where are we with the advance?

Oneback
07-26-2014, 06:10 PM

What he said.

Oneback
07-26-2014, 06:10 PM

What he said.

skipwondah33