PDA

View Full Version : NPD June 2014

bdoughty
07-17-2014, 06:13 PM
Overall retail sales were up 24% year over year.

Hardware sales were up 106% year over year.

Software sales were down 3% year over year.

Software:

1. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
2. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
3. Minecraft (360, PS3)
4. UFC (PS4, Xbox One)
5. FIFA 14 (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
6. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
7. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
8. Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
9. Tomodachi Life (3DS)
10. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)

Notes:
-Tomodachi Life: 175K (retail + digital)

Hardware:

PS4: #1 best selling
3DS: 150K (up 55% over May, was 225K last June)
Wii U: ~140K (up 233% over last June)

Notes:
-“Combined sales of Xbox One and PS4 are over 80 percent higher than the combined totals for Xbox 360 and PS3 – an indication of the strength of the start of this new console generation,” said Callahan.

Other Info:

Originally Posted by Piper Jaffray via jvm

June NPD video game software sales fell -3% y/y, but Q2 overall grew 9%. Next gen SW represented 31% of total sales in June, compared to 43% in May and 22% in April, major titles in the month of June included Watch Dogs (Ubisoft), Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo), and UFC (EA). These Jun-14 releases were not strong enough, however, to offset a strong title from Sony (The Last of Us) in Jun-13.

Originally Posted by JLeack

Straight from Sony PR:

PlayStation 4 was #1 in sales for the sixth consecutive month and remains the cumulative leader for next generation game consoles.
PlayStation 4 was #1 for next generation software sales, with PS4 leading two of the top three titles.
PlayStation was #1 in combined home console hardware sales (PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3) for the month.
The biggest next generation software titles, including Watch_Dogs, UFC and FIFA 14, were #1 on PlayStation 4, further demonstrating that PS4 is the platform of choice for blockbuster games.

JBHuskers
07-17-2014, 11:39 PM
I played some of the demo of Tomodachi Life. Not sure if I will get it though. I think Animal Crossing is better. I may give it a try down the road more though.

jaymo76
07-17-2014, 11:50 PM
I picked up Mario Kart 8 for the kids. The game is freakin awesome! If you have young kids and like racing games you will be very pleased. Plus you can now race online, two people on the same console can race online, multiplayer (2-4) can compete together in the cups. Even better, by registering the game we received a free copy of Legend of Zelda (that wintalker one... forget the name). Great purchase for a family!!!

CLW
07-18-2014, 08:41 AM
I'd buy Mario Kart 8 in a heart beat IF I didn't also have to buy a WiiU.

bdoughty
07-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Even better, by registering the game we received a free copy of Legend of Zelda (that wintalker one... forget the name). Great purchase for a family!!!

Wind Waker HD for free is a heck of a deal. There is a fast sail option (I think you have to get it somehow) that makes the sailing less tedious, which was my biggest gripe about WW. I beat the original and loved it and would gladly play it again. When they release a new Zelda I might end up getting the WiiU. PS4 comes first but knowing how long Nintendo games take to make, I have plenty of time.