PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 2, 2013

JBHuskers
07-14-2014, 09:43 PM
We have advanced to week 2. No user games. Try to be done by Thursday night otherwise I won't be able to advance until Saturday afternoon.

Welcome to Week 2!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Florida Gators (0-1) ===============
Last week, Florida lost 52-21 against Missouri (1-0).
This week, the Gators are idle.

=============== #21 LSU Tigers (0-1) ===============
Last week, LSU lost 38-10 against UCF (1-0).
This week, the Tigers travel to Lubbock to face the #25 Texas Tech Red Raiders (1-0).

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-1) ===============
Last week, Nebraska lost 55-17 against Louisville (1-0).
This week, the Cornhuskers will host #19 Washington (1-0).

=============== #12 Oregon Ducks (0-1) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 45-24 against Miami (1-0).
This week, the Ducks will host Maryland (0-0).

=============== Texas Longhorns (0-1) ===============
Last week, Texas lost 45-40 against Michigan State (1-0).
This week, the Longhorns travel to South Bend to face the #17 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-0).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (0-1) ===============
Last week, Michigan lost 59-13 against Baylor (1-0).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Tallahassee to face the #1 Florida State Seminoles (1-0).

=============== USC Trojans (0-1) ===============
Last week, USC lost 42-24 against Texas Tech (1-0).
This week, the Trojans travel to Louisville to face the Louisville Cardinals (1-0).

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (0-1) ===============
Last week, Arkansas lost 38-34 against Texas A&M (1-0).
This week, the Razorbacks will host #9 Wisconsin (0-0).

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (0-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State lost 59-20 against Notre Dame (1-0).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Clemson to face the #20 Clemson Tigers (0-0).

=============== #15 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State lost 31-14 against Washington (1-0).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Virginia Tech (0-0).

=============== #16 UCLA Bruins (0-1) ===============
Last week, UCLA lost 48-17 against Northwestern (1-0).
This week, the Bruins will host Ole Miss (0-1).

=============== #8 Auburn Tigers (0-1) ===============
Last week, Auburn lost 42-17 against South Carolina (1-0).
This week, the Tigers travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #3 Alabama Crimson Tide (0-0).

gschwendt
07-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Hurry up! I don't have a game this week.

skipwondah33
07-14-2014, 10:10 PM
Oppoment has more points than I have yards once again.

skipwondah33
07-15-2014, 09:52 AM
http://easw.easports.com:8096/media2011/ncaa14/1359649/NCA14PS3_3_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_tLD.jpg

LSU falls to Texas Tech 38-14.

The Red Raiders jumped on the Tigers quickly scoring 21 points in the 1st quarter before the Tigers could pick up their second 1st down. Slightly better showing by the offense but only after the game was out of hand. Freshman QB Jeff Mosley tossed in his 1st TD of the season to WR David Miller. Mosley also went over the 150 yard mark which is an accomplishment as well. RB Spencer Lawrence added the other score for LSU on a short TD run.

Defensive side of the ball did as well as it could trying to hope that coverage held up. The Red Raiders executed their gameplan to a T and scorched the secondary all game.

Next up TCU where hopefully the Tigers can continue to improve and stop starting so poorly

JeffHCross
07-15-2014, 03:47 PM
It'll likely be Wednesday afternoon for me.

JBHuskers
07-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Thursday for me as I'm gone the next two nights.

Oneback
07-15-2014, 08:19 PM
I'll play my game tomorrow afternoon/evening.

JeffHCross
07-16-2014, 04:00 PM
And Escobar grabs the first victory. And what a win it is.

JeffHCross
07-16-2014, 04:16 PM
I'll show a restart. Had the wrong playbook.

JBHuskers
07-16-2014, 04:36 PM
I'll show a restart. Had the wrong playbook.

Cheater!

JeffHCross
07-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Ohio State leads going into halftime but never scores again, including two end zone INTs, losing at home 45-21.

Oneback
07-16-2014, 06:34 PM
I'll need to play my game tomorrow afternoon/evening. I played today, however I got the dreaded "Commissioner has made changes" message.

texacotea
07-17-2014, 07:07 AM
Sorry guys. Been going through selling/looking for a house. Putting offers in. And all that stuff. I'll get it this evening

skipwondah33
07-17-2014, 07:42 AM
Man I'm underachieving with my QB compared to you guys. He has a 84 power and 84 throw accuracy yet I can't do anything much with him throwing. Keep throwing it 15-20 yards away from WR.

Think I need to fool around with my playbook, alot of formations didn't realize I had that I don't like.

gschwendt
07-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Man I'm underachieving with my QB compared to you guys. He has a 84 power and 84 throw accuracy yet I can't do anything much with him throwing. Keep throwing it 15-20 yards away from WR.
In this years game, especially with lower QB Accuracy slider, you have to ease your QB into the game. Don't start the game trying to fire bullets each time... give him some easy throws to start. If he continues to struggle, give him some screen passes to throw.

skipwondah33
07-17-2014, 09:00 AM
In this years game, especially with lower QB Accuracy slider, you have to ease your QB into the game. Don't start the game trying to fire bullets each time... give him some easy throws to start. If he continues to struggle, give him some screen passes to throw.Yeah I'm so use to trying to use directional passing every single throw since coming from Madden in which I do every throw.

I also mostly throw bullets because I'm trying to put the ball away from the defender and to a spot.

Slowly realizing I can't do that even with my QB's attributes.

JBHuskers
07-17-2014, 09:26 AM
Marcotte, Oneback, Razor, EXV, Snoop, and Tex remain. If not done by tonight, I won't be able to advance until Saturday.

gschwendt
07-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Let's get them in tonight!!! Bye weeks suck.

psuexv
07-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Marcotte, Oneback, Razor, EXV, Snoop, and Tex remain. If not done by tonight, I won't be able to advance until Saturday.

No cell service where you are going?

Oneback
07-17-2014, 03:26 PM
I'll be kicking off shortly.

texacotea
07-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Playing now

So our death penalty teams go into Doak and beat te #1 team???

Down 31-3 in the 2nd I summed Til the end thus losing 71-6

skipwondah33
07-17-2014, 07:23 PM
Yeah I barely can get first downs much less get into scoring range. I won't be winning anytime soon

gschwendt
07-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Marcotte (vacation), psuexv, psusnoop & JB remain. Let's go!

psuexv
07-17-2014, 09:18 PM
I'll be playing shortly

Escobar
07-18-2014, 01:51 AM
Playing now

So our death penalty teams go into Doak and beat te #1 team???

Down 31-3 in the 2nd I summed Til the end thus losing 71-6
It was raining so Jameis struggled including 2 ints, and I contained their run game. I had big plays early in the first half then struggled and almost lost. I needed a last second fg to force ot.

JeffHCross
07-18-2014, 05:43 AM
Yeah I'm so use to trying to use directional passing every single throw since coming from Madden in which I do every throw.

I also mostly throw bullets because I'm trying to put the ball away from the defender and to a spot.

Slowly realizing I can't do that even with my QB's attributes.G's absolutely right. I'm having the same problem, or, at least I was until I realized how you have to ease them into it.

The one thing I don't get, and G if you have an answer that'd be great, is I'm playing in an Offline Dynasty with Georgia State, who's QB is very similar to my OSU QB (though I haven't done a direct attribute comparison to figure out the differences), and I'm not having any semblence of that problem. My OSU QB has even overthrown a few slants early in the game, whereas the Georgia State guy is usually hitting something like 80% of his passes.

Oneback
07-18-2014, 06:42 AM
G's absolutely right. I'm having the same problem, or, at least I was until I realized how you have to ease them into it.

The one thing I don't get, and G if you have an answer that'd be great, is I'm playing in an Offline Dynasty with Georgia State, who's QB is very similar to my OSU QB (though I haven't done a direct attribute comparison to figure out the differences), and I'm not having any semblence of that problem. My OSU QB has even overthrown a few slants early in the game, whereas the Georgia State guy is usually hitting something like 80% of his passes.

I believe HFA and QB AWR has a huge effect on it - in week one against South Carolina at home my QB didn't struggle however this week against Bama at their place he couldn't hit anything unless his feet were completely set.

JeffHCross
07-18-2014, 06:53 AM
I even struggled at home this week.

skipwondah33
07-18-2014, 07:27 AM
I believe HFA and QB AWR has a huge effect on it - in week one against South Carolina at home my QB didn't struggle however this week against Bama at their place he couldn't hit anything unless his feet were completely set.Man my QB sucks regardless of where we are playing at lol

He has 60 awareness and I try to directional pass bullets mostly.

I will say that the guys that suggested getting him going early, I have been doing that from the beginning usually starting with a screen or maybe a Swing route since my Line has been shaky. I'll complete those but go 5-6 passes before completing another. However I believe that is because I'm trying to bullet throw and don't have any confidence in the plays I'm calling/formations, etc.

Going to dive into the playbook and work on it.

gschwendt
07-18-2014, 07:36 AM
Jeff, what is your QB Accuracy slider set to in your offline dynasty? How about difficulty setting?

Those are the only things I could think would cause the difference.

Oneback
07-18-2014, 11:16 AM
Man my QB sucks regardless of where we are playing at lol

He has 60 awareness and I try to directional pass bullets mostly.

I will say that the guys that suggested getting him going early, I have been doing that from the beginning usually starting with a screen or maybe a Swing route since my Line has been shaky. I'll complete those but go 5-6 passes before completing another. However I believe that is because I'm trying to bullet throw and don't have any confidence in the plays I'm calling/formations, etc.

Going to dive into the playbook and work on it.

I learned early on with the QB Accuracy slider set at 5 (which is where I think we have it), directional passing is iffy at best, the QB's feet need to be set and putting some touch on the ball works best. As we get better players those factors will lessen but they'll always be there.

JBHuskers
07-18-2014, 11:50 AM
At the end of the last Powerhouse run, I bumped it to 15 and it seemed a little more realistic.

skipwondah33
07-18-2014, 12:17 PM
At the end of the last Powerhouse run, I bumped it to 15 and it seemed a little more realistic.Definitely

Even struggling it's still nice to see the ball not always find a target and hit the grass from time to time. Just not as nice when you have a guy open and no one 15 yards within...yet the ball still finds that defender haha

psuexv
07-18-2014, 01:06 PM
At the end of the last Powerhouse run, I bumped it to 15 and it seemed a little more realistic.

I think 10 might be a good point. Even with 99 OVR QBs passing was iffy with it at 5

JBHuskers
07-18-2014, 01:13 PM
I'll try to remember to bump it to 10 for the next advance.

Oneback
07-18-2014, 01:31 PM
I should say from my last post, I'm not sure where its at now as I'm at work and can't check so it may be higher than 5.

psuexv
07-18-2014, 03:22 PM
I should say from my last post, I'm not sure where its at now as I'm at work and can't check so it may be higher than 5.

It's at 5, I looked last night

psusnoop
07-18-2014, 07:01 PM
I think a bump to 10 is reasonable. It's not going to inflate the numbers to much either way.

JeffHCross
07-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Jeff, what is your QB Accuracy slider set to in your offline dynasty? How about difficulty setting?

Those are the only things I could think would cause the difference.I haven't compared them to the current dynasty, but I believe I used the sliders that were set for the first version of the DP dynasty, before we noticed a few problems.

EDIT: G, looks like I have it set to 10 QB ACC. He's actually 76 OVR, 84 THP, 74 THA, 73 AWR; 70% completion percentage, though to be fair I've been playing lower level competition for the most part. Don't remember what he did against Bama.