PDA

View Full Version : Joe Montana Football (VR) - TBA

Pages : [1] 2

cdj
07-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Friday afternoon, Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana put out the following tweet, seemingly beginning hype for 'Joe Montana Football 16.'

Could this be the return of 2K football or another company entering the football video game market? Or is this just another campaign for Skechers featuring Montana?

The former San Francisco and Kansas City play-caller will be taking part in a special 'Legends of Candlestick (http://legendsofcandlestick.com/)' event Saturday.

We will update this thread with further clarification as it becomes available.

jaymo76
07-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Very interesting. I will be following this closely to see what the story is all about. It would be great to see the arrival of another game. However, if anything I expect this to be a facebook/ipad type game...???

steelerfan
07-11-2014, 10:43 PM
If it is as bad as the original then :fp: and :down:

That was the worst American Football game I ever played.

GatorfanStovy
07-12-2014, 05:28 AM
Hopefully it actually happens. Will it be pro or college?

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2014, 05:38 AM
I'll be watching, but absolutely NO expectations whatsoever. And definitely NOT a day one buy regardless. I'd want a plethora of reviews before I'd even consider it.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Rudy
07-12-2014, 05:47 AM
No expectations either. He did have the first game with live play by play.

souljahbill
07-12-2014, 07:14 AM
The original game had cheap AI. I hated that game. The second one, Sports Talk Football, was much better.

cdj
07-12-2014, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't use this to place any bets, but 2K employee (marketing, I think) Josh Goldberg (https://twitter.com/JoshGo2K) RT'd Montana's tweet this morning. Looking through his timeline, he only seems to tweet game-related items for those made by 2K.

Not saying I think this is the return of 2K football, but did want to point that out.

souljahbill
07-12-2014, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't use this to place any bets, but 2K employee (marketing, I think) Josh Goldberg (https://twitter.com/JoshGo2K) RT'd Montana's tweet this morning. Looking through his timeline, he only seems to tweet game-related items for those made by 2K.

Not saying I think this is the return of 2K football, but did want to point that out.

The chaos of a new 2K game would create would be delicious to watch on message boards.

jaymo76
07-12-2014, 02:53 PM

Didn't one of the 2k guys say on twitter recently that 2K wasn't making a football game because EA still holds the exclusive license? Any game would therefore be generic.

steelerfan
07-12-2014, 03:18 PM
The chaos of a new 2K game would create would be delicious to watch on message boards.

I would welcome it. If it was decent, it's good for everyone. If it's awful, it might just neuter the 2K-gasm. Either way, I'm happy.

souljahbill
07-12-2014, 03:26 PM
I would welcome it. If it was decent, it's good for everyone. If it's awful, it might just neuter the 2K-gasm. Either way, I'm happy.

We have similar wishes.

GatorfanStovy
07-12-2014, 05:09 PM
I've considered buying a dream cast to play 2k1 again but hell if I can find one locally. Miss them days. Would of been fun.

cdj
07-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Didn't one of the 2k guys say on twitter recently that 2K wasn't making a football game because EA still holds the exclusive license? Any game would therefore be generic.

I think so.

Right now I am guessing this is for an app or perhaps another MLBAM title (think RBI Baseball). If it is a full-fledged console title, I expect it would utilize legends ala APF 2K8.

Rudy
07-12-2014, 07:50 PM
If this was a serious game for a console they would have shown it at E3 IMO.

souljahbill
07-12-2014, 09:12 PM

Maybe it's in the early stages?

cdj
07-12-2014, 10:03 PM

I see where you are coming from, but IMO the timing of this tease implies it could be something halfway legit. It's way too early to show off a 2015 sports title (what the '16 implies) and if anything, it gets people thinking of a potential competitor during the Madden pre-release season. (Though, until I see/find something concrete, I'm going with this being something along the lines of a mobile game which as you stated, would not be shown at E3.)

FWIW, I cannot find a trademark for 'Joe Montana Football,' but in February of this year he did trademark his name and signature. Either he landed a big deal then (was already with Skechers) or decided to be more aggressive in marketing efforts (two ex-wives, currently with #3). It'll be interesting to see if he posts any future teases and if other former players do the same.

jaymo76
07-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Well the Candlestick classic event was today right? So if there are no more tweets after this, then it may just have been publicity: aka you've waited to see me pull on the old #16 and play again and so I'm back for today. I just don't see any legit companies stepping up to make a full console game. I would love it if 2k were behind a move like this but after 10 years of hoping 2k would go all in with football... I just don't ever see it happening.

jaymo76
07-12-2014, 11:09 PM
The more I think about it, the less likely a mobile game makes sense to me. For a generic mobile game, who would care about name recognition? You don't see Wayne Gretzky NHL ipad game or Kareem Abdul Jabar bball for android devices. Generally these games are made to be low cost so why worry about landing a big name?

gschwendt
07-14-2014, 09:15 AM
Via OS, it's likely a mobile game:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3555-Paid-Joe-Montana-Football-Mobile-looking-for-1-Lead-UE4-Engineer

GatorfanStovy
07-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Damn a mobile game, why? :fp:

OLATHExSOONER
03-01-2015, 07:51 PM
I'm sure everyone hear has heard of the mystery that is Joe Montana Football 16. There's a lot of debate over whether it's a console game or a mobile game. I've noticed the absence of any thread about the game here on TGT, so I took it upon myself to start one here in the Madden section of the forum. I want your guys' thoughts. Does the fact that we might get a new football sim excite you? Especially because NCAA Football was this websites bread and butter, and now we might get an opportunity to make our own NCAA if this game is in fact on consoles, un-licensed, and fully customizable? Please gives thoughts guys. A lot of people think 2K is in on this, neither Damon Grow (the games creator or something) nor Joe Montana has denied 2K's involvement but they are quick to tell us that they aren't working with 2K. Again, thoughts, please, thank you.

cdj
03-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Grow did tweet this Feb. 10:

Intentional or otherwise, that's definitely a tease on several fronts. (2K involvement, console game, etc.)

OLATHExSOONER
03-01-2015, 09:49 PM
I wish Damon and Joe would at least send out a tweet saying "This is mobile only" or "Hooray this is next gen." I honestly don't see why they wouldn't at least put that info out. It's not like they'd be revealing their master plan for the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLATHExSOONER
03-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Also, if this turns out to be a mobile game, Damon Grow may have to enter Witness Protection.

OLATHExSOONER
03-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Hate to spam the thread here, but my bad for posting a thread about the absence of a thread that actually existed. Shows you how much I pay attention to detail.

Rudy
03-02-2015, 06:17 AM
I'd love to see some competition for Madden on next gen consoles. It will be awful tough though without the license. I'm guessing it's a mobile game but would welcome a console game. I loved 2K4, was disappointed with 2K5 and thought 2K8 was awful on the PS3 (horrible frame rates and without the real players and true customization it didn't feel great to me).

souljahbill
03-02-2015, 07:51 AM
I played one quarter of the 2K college football game and haven't touched a 2K football game since. It was awful.

skipwondah33
03-02-2015, 08:24 AM
I played one quarter of the 2K college football game and haven't touched a 2K football game since. It was awful.Yeah I won 2K5 along with some other stuff in a tournament. Guys at the game store pumped it up so I took it home to try it....traded it in the very next day

Rudy
03-02-2015, 08:46 AM
I played one quarter of the 2K college football game and haven't touched a 2K football game since. It was awful.

To be fair the college football game was supposed to be very different and very bad. 2K4 and 2K5 were a much better representation. 2K5 had HORRID cpu QB AI. In 2K4 they were a lot smarter but never threw deep. To fix the lack of deep passing they ruined the cpu QB AI and they were awful no matter what you did with the sliders. A game killer. Screen passes were also terrible. They did have lead passing and the DL play was light years ahead of Madden. Madden's current next gen engine may finally be catching up to that. The presentation and commentary was also FAR better than Madden and the weekly wrap-up show has yet to be rivaled.

OLATHExSOONER
03-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Never really played any off the old NCAA 2K games. I've only played NFL 2K5 and that game is leaps and bounds ahead of current madden games IMO.

OLATHExSOONER
03-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Damon Grow just tweeted about how Franchise Mode was gonna be a big focus in JM16

steelerfan
03-02-2015, 07:39 PM
To be fair the college football game was supposed to be very different and very bad. 2K4 and 2K5 were a much better representation. 2K5 had HORRID cpu QB AI. In 2K4 they were a lot smarter but never threw deep. To fix the lack of deep passing they ruined the cpu QB AI and they were awful no matter what you did with the sliders. A game killer. Screen passes were also terrible. They did have lead passing and the DL play was light years ahead of Madden. Madden's current next gen engine may finally be catching up to that. The presentation and commentary was also FAR better than Madden and the weekly wrap-up show has yet to be rivaled.
Wait. What?

The college football game was supposed to be very bad?

Waaaaaat?

#TheScriptIsDead

Rudy
03-03-2015, 03:40 AM
Wait. What?

The college football game was supposed to be very bad?

Waaaaaat?

#TheScriptIsDead

I never played it. Barely remember the thing but everything I've read about that game was that it was different from nfl 2K and terrible.

steelerfan
03-03-2015, 09:11 AM
I never played it. Barely remember the thing but everything I've read about that game was that it was different from nfl 2K and terrible.
Now I understand what you were saying. :D

When I first read that it was "supposed....to be bad", I thought you meant that you thought it was intentionally made to be a terrible game. :)

#TheScriptIsDead

Rudy
03-03-2015, 10:13 AM
I understand now.
:)

Rudy
03-03-2015, 12:45 PM
This was an interesting post on OS. Nobody knows how accurate (if at all). But it claims Joe Montana Football will be an NFL console game exclusive to XBox and PC due to first party exclusive rules (like MLB the Show). Says it will be out in July. I would love to have real competition for Madden. NOT happy if this is true and it's an XBox exclusive though. I do not want to buy another console for one game (I guess Tomb Raider too).
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2047100876&postcount=94

I'm sorry, but I can't sit by and watch this any longer.

I love and respect a number of people working on this game and having met the man and hung around him a number of times I have a profound respect for Mr. Montana. He's just a great person. But I disagree with how they're dealing with the public and how they plan to continue to do so. You just have no idea how long they're planning to drag even basic info out.

I'm not on the team and I'm not under an NDA so I'm not under any obligation to keep anything I know a secret. There are some things going on that gamers need to know about now, and the way they've planned to do these things just isn't reasonable. What I'm about to tell you are things they literally only plan to tell you about 3-4 weeks before release and I'm sorry, you don't deserve to be strung along like that.

I know you won't believe me, but I can assure you this is accurate, and in time you will see these truths unfold. I feel you need to know so you can prepare as a gamer (save up money, make arrangements and plans, etc).

- First and foremost, this game will be for XBOX One and PC only. This is why they haven't mentioned platforms. They're taking early advantage of the Windows 10 cross-plat tech and the game will be out as part of 10's 3-month launch cycle in the middle of this year.

So now that you know, you can make plans to purchase an XBOX One or Windows 10 if you don't have one of them already.

- The game is called Joe Montana NFL Football 16. This is an NFL game. First-party stipulations that the NFL has always left open & the NFL's exclusive relationship with Microsoft allows for Microsoft to have an NFL game. Microsoft Studios is the publisher. Microsoft is deadly serious about gaining ground and winning the console war (doubtful to happen at this point though) and throwing tons of money at incubation and trying to buy new IP that they can turn into big series' titles is top priority for them right now. They believe this game can be many times bigger than MLB The Show due to the larger NFL fanbase, and because so many XBOX One owners identify as serious NFL fans.

- The game was demoed and it went well. Actually, "well" is an understatement. People went crazy. NDA's were and still are in place for them. That's why you haven't heard anyone saying anything, but a lot of people are having a very hard time because what they seen was unbelievable and it's been impossible to go back to Madden or even take Madden seriously after that. It's like, how you felt when you had an NES and you saw Sega Genesis for the first time. The step up in quality is THAT big.

- They put those things up on artforgames in hopes that you would find it, especially the NFL stuff. It took a little longer than initially thought, but you found them eventually, and when they saw you found it they took it all down just as they did when they realized people found their job posting last year. They already had their team in place, the posting was a bone. All of this has been staged well.

- They're not asking for ideas because it's an NFL game and they don't feel there is a lot of room for the type of creativity you'd need in an unlicensed game. When they first started out before iMFL they were considering a non-NFL licensed game and were going to approach dealing with the community differently with polls, a message board, etc. but things changed once NFL was confirmed.

- 2K is involved. Should be obvious from some tweets/re-tweets and comments both Joe Montana and Damon Grow have made. Some tech and manpower was purchased from 2K and is deeply incorporated into this game.

- The franchise mode will be able to be managed on mobile devices and it's really deep.

- The iMFL app was never meant to be released. Its entire production was a prototyping run for its franchise mode and management system with the intent of using it in Joe Montana NFL Football 16. Even the TechCrunch interview was part of the staging. It was brilliant. Everybody bought the staging. So, don't wait for that app, it's never coming.

- There are a few important modes. One is a story mode and it's pretty cool. Think NBA 2K My Player. That's what you're getting.

-The graphics, animations and AI are all obscenely good and modern. It looks like a game that was built for this new generation, not just a port over from last generation with a ton of sloppy tweaks. The animations are easily the most crisp of any sports game ever made. Comparing the animations to Madden, it's going make Madden look like a PS1 game by comparison. This is going to be embarrassing for EA Tiburon, like The Show Vs MLB 2K and NBA 2K vs NBA Live embarrassing.

- Expect Joe Montana NFL Football 16 out in Mid-late July.

I apologize to the team making this game and to Mr. Montana, but I feel that with just 4 months until release and a reveal schedule that really just strings everybody along unnecessarily, it was only right to tell people the truth so they can be prepared with enough time to act. Again, I'm deeply sorry but I know I'm doing the right thing.

OLATHExSOONER
03-03-2015, 01:11 PM
There's no way that post is true. I don't believe it for one second. I will pleasantly surprised and also disappointed if this is true. I'm a PS4 owner, so this is bittersweet. However, I still don't believe any of it.

Rudy
03-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Definitely food for thought. There does seem to be a 2K connection though with the tweets showing 2K football. It would be great if it was fully licensed. I could even live without a great franchise mode. Just getting a change of pace is a great thing.

I really miss the days of having options. I don't even have an NCAA vs. NFL option on next gen. With these next gen sports titles improving slowly, the annual purchase of the same thing gets stale.

OLATHExSOONER
03-03-2015, 01:24 PM
I definitely think everything in the post COULD be true. But I refuse to believe it until it's confirmed. I'm like you though, I miss the options.

Rudy
03-03-2015, 01:35 PM
I definitely think everything in the post COULD be true. But I refuse to believe it until it's confirmed.

That's the best way to view it and I'm doing the same thing. No reason to get hopes up until we get confirmation. The game would have to be showcased at E3 if they want to drum up sales. A first effort would probably be very buggy and unpolished. The second year should be a lot better.

OLATHExSOONER
03-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Very true. Just watch all of this speculation be for nothing because it's a mobile game lol.

cdj
03-03-2015, 03:35 PM
IF true, that doesn't sound bad at all, minus the MS exclusivity. Though if true this anonymous do-gooder just put a hole in the side of their marketing plan and put that dev team in a spot where cutting features will be held against them, whereas otherwise no one would have known. If legit, he just made every dev team think twice about bringing in people early to look at a game and provide feedback. Why get community feedback when someone is just going to spill the beans on forums for attention?

That being said, I just think it sounds too big, too much for year one of this still unannounced game. Hope not, though.

JBHuskers
03-03-2015, 04:26 PM
So now that you know, you can make plans to purchase an XBOX One or Windows 10 if you don't have one of them already.

Yeah, sure. One something we don't know exists yet :D

Windows 10 isn't even available to pre-purchase yet.

CLW
03-03-2015, 04:33 PM
I have no clue who this guy is and I do not care but his report just screams 100% BS.

IF the game was as "great" as he says it is the publisher (and MS assuming the exclusivity is also true) would be hyping the living shit out of it with teasers and then right at the NFL Draft drop a HUGE reveal of all this alleged "awesome" stuff.

I'll believe it when I see it.

JBHuskers
03-03-2015, 04:38 PM
I have no clue who this guy is and I do not care but his report just screams 100% BS.

IF the game was as "great" as he says it is the publisher (and MS assuming the exclusivity is also true) would be hyping the living shit out of it with teasers and then right at the NFL Draft drop a HUGE reveal of all this alleged "awesome" stuff.

Windows 10 looks to be mid-April, and FREE for the first year for Windows 7 and 8 users :))

http://www.itpro.co.uk/operating-systems/23119/windows-10-release-date-and-specs

EDIT: Correct, "late-2015" so this guy is probably full of shit.

JBHuskers
03-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Edited the above post, Windows 10 is not until late-2015, and any delays could push that to 2016.

CLW
03-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Edited the above post, Windows 10 is not until late-2015, and any delays could push that to 2016.

Yeah + doesnt EA and MS have some sort of BFF contract in place? I know EA basically NEVER says the words "Sony" or "PS4" in any of their press conferences/trailers/etc...

MS making a title in direct competition to EA's #2 title likely wouldn't make the brass at EA happy.

JBHuskers
03-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Yeah + doesnt EA and MS have some sort of BFF contract in place? I know EA basically NEVER says the words "Sony" or "PS4" in any of their press conferences/trailers/etc...

MS making a title in direct competition to EA's #2 title likely wouldn't make the brass at EA happy.

Another good point. If we can poke holes in his post, then there are even more that we're not seeing.

cdj
03-03-2015, 06:07 PM
I *think* I've finally found out the company Grow is with now after quite a bit of Google searching. I need to look a little closer, but based on the name - it's a mobile company.

It wouldn't shock me if it had some tie in to Microsoft and is an app, but I don't see it being what this 'rumored' info claims. (The original Montana/Grow app (iMFL) was a tie-in for Fantasy Football. I can see MS having it as an exclusive app as they are doing with Overdog, for example.)

Going at it from that way, I wonder if this anonymous poster had/heard some accurate info and filled in the blanks (incorrectly).

cdj
03-16-2015, 07:08 PM

SmoothPancakes
03-16-2015, 07:12 PM
Well, unless that's just fictional teams for picture releases like this, definitely looking like it doesn't have a license for official NFL teams and logos. Deal breaker for me if that ends up true.

CLW
03-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Well, unless that's just fictional teams for picture releases like this, definitely looking like it doesn't have a license for official NFL teams and logos. Deal breaker for me if that ends up true.

Do NOT care about the license as long as it is customize-able with a legit franchise mode with a draft etc....

cdj
03-16-2015, 07:41 PM
FWIW, Damon Grow tweeted out a few weeks ago that franchise mode is the "soul" of the game.

GatorfanStovy
03-16-2015, 07:48 PM
Dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! if Franchise mode is deep again with a better drafting , scouting and game play system then madden then go for it!

Rudy
03-16-2015, 07:53 PM
I think the NFL license is very important but not a deal breaker. Customization, a franchise mode and above all else gameplay will be huge. I don't trust a first effort to really challenge Madden but another option is a great thing.

Madden has not improved the CPU ai in a long time. They are dumb as rocks and the CPU qb ai is at roughly the same level as their ps2 games. So there are some areas that could be better. EA has some legacy code that is just brutal and ignored while they focus on MUT.

SmoothPancakes
03-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Do NOT care about the license as long as it is customize-able with a legit franchise mode with a draft etc....
Well, I do. I can't stand playing with the Bumfuck Buggerers against the New Jersey Goatfuckers. I need real teams. Players I'm not necessarily concerned with, as proven by my NCAA dynasty currently into 2023, but I need real teams, real uniforms, real stadiums, and at least in regards to the NFL, real coaches and preferably real players if possible since players stick around longer than just four years in the pro football video games.

Any time I'd start up a team builder dynasty, it would never last just because there was no attachment to the team, no history to match, to repeat, to build upon, no team story.

I haven't played Madden for the last two years. Honestly, I can legitimately say that I couldn't care less about Madden. I'm over Madden. Any pro football game from here on out is going to have to meet my expectations and give me real teams for me to even waste the money renting it, much less buying it.

I have NCAA, I have NBA 2K (and maybe Live if they'd ever add sliders), I have NHL, I have FIFA, I have MLB The Show. I have the slew of entertaining games coming out year after year on both Xbox and now PS4. It is no longer just NCAA and Madden and that's it for me.

These guys may be looking to rival and/or knock off Madden from their pedestal, but they're going to have to earn my money by giving me what I want in a football game. Madden has lost my money, likely forever. These guys can earn it, but they will have to do exactly that, earn it.

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
03-17-2015, 12:00 AM
Remember when Backbreaker was going to save us?

steelerfan
03-17-2015, 03:07 AM
Remember when Backbreaker was going to save us?
Natural Motion. Lol.

#TheScriptIsDead

Rudy
03-17-2015, 05:04 AM
I would like to see a better physics and animation system in Madden.

Marlowe
03-18-2015, 09:42 AM

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/windows-10-release-date-set-for-summer/1100-6425988/

Interesting. I read JMF16 was due to release in July. We'll see.

JBHuskers
03-18-2015, 11:13 AM
Must have pushed it up. Good because as a Windows 8 owner, I get it free.

ram29jackson
03-19-2015, 12:06 AM

you fail to understand that was the teaser. That was a premeditated move to generate interest. summer isn't far and they want the xbox-what ever its called to start selling for this games arrival. Its that simple

JBHuskers
03-19-2015, 12:34 AM
you fail to understand that was the teaser. That was a premeditated move to generate interest. summer isn't far and they want the xbox-what ever its called to start selling for this games arrival. Its that simple
So the marketing is fixed?

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2015, 12:39 AM

Too bad Joe Montana didn't wear #12.

JBHuskers
03-19-2015, 12:43 AM
It would have been end of days.

steelerfan
03-19-2015, 02:36 AM
He did.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/19/5eef6bac0b3bc2cac1680fabdf4aa705.jpg

High school basketball.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/19/9c1e1e2f55299c25aa7318b0937f3cf5.jpg

#TheScriptIsDead

ram29jackson
03-19-2015, 02:38 PM

what don't you get ? the guy is apologizing for saying how good the game is like he's doing something wrong ?

he's doing exactly what they want

ram29jackson
03-19-2015, 02:38 PM
LOL this is cool !

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/19/5eef6bac0b3bc2cac1680fabdf4aa705.jpg

Rudy
03-29-2015, 04:58 AM
I think Donny Moore deleted his tweet but he tweeted back at Montana and Damon Grow that their screenshot was 20th century football gaming. Still no real news on this game.

CLW
03-29-2015, 01:49 PM
I think Donny Moore deleted his tweet but he tweeted back at Montana and Damon Grow that their screenshot was 20th century football gaming. Still no real news on this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdp3wHSF2mo&feature=youtu.be&a

Man I'm never one to wish for people to get fired/laid off but the EA guys make it REALLY hard given the frequent just outright ARROGANCE they display about ALL of their titles.

jaymo76
03-29-2015, 05:00 PM
Totally agree with Moody on this one. To be fair he is a pretty harsh Madden critic but his point is still very just. Donny Moore hould not be commenting. That's a pretty classless thing to do. Yeah Madden's graphics look better than that screenshot but the problems with Madden have never been graphic based. Madden has always looked great and they have been working on these visuals for 26+ years.

Marlowe
04-01-2015, 09:44 AM
Unfortunately, I don't see this title surviving without the nfl license. I read Moore's comments when he posted it on twitter. I got a chuckle considering the source.

souljahbill
04-01-2015, 10:07 AM
I have no problem playing a totally generic football game as long as it's totally customizable. A deep create-a-team, create a stadium, customizable roster limits, have create-a-logo tools like Forza. If the game allows me to make the game my way, I'm all over it.

cdj
04-14-2015, 06:46 PM

Rudy
04-14-2015, 09:20 PM
I'm getting pretty tired of the cryptic crap. Just say what platform this is for. To me this seems like a non-licensed indie game that won't have any effect on Madden right now.

jaymo76
04-14-2015, 09:32 PM

I'm getting pretty tired of the cryptic crap. Just say what platform this is for. To me this seems like a non-licensed indie game that won't have any effect on Madden right now.

So the point here is that it's Microsoft exclusive? Microsoft only does cpu/console games correct? So I guess the mobile platform is out. That just seems weird though considering that Madden and Microsoft signed that huge deal a few years back...???...

JeffHCross
04-14-2015, 10:23 PM
Micro$oft could release for mobile, but presumably it would be primarily for Windows phones.

cdj
04-15-2015, 07:58 AM

Let's pretend the rumors from that OS post are halfway true: I think EA's licensing deal with the NFL (or any brand, for that matter) generally run up until a month or so before their next game comes out. Should this game also have an NFL license, I doubt they could announce it or say anything until June or July.

I am with you, though. I wish they could/would just clarify consoles now and then elaborate on licensing later (if they can't right away). This is either the best or worst marketing ever; definitely the most cryptic.

jaymo76
04-15-2015, 08:16 PM
Let's pretend the rumors from that OS post are halfway true: I think EA's licensing deal with the NFL (or any brand, for that matter) generally run up until a month or so before their next game comes out. Should this game also have an NFL license, I doubt they could announce it or say anything until June or July.

I am with you, though. I wish they could/would just clarify consoles now and then elaborate on licensing later (if they can't right away). This is either the best or worst marketing ever; definitely the most cryptic.

One thing is for sure: without the NFL license, this game cannot live up to the hype. I really hope there is some truth to those OS rumours because I would like this game to be a reality but an announcement that does not include NFL licenses will end in colossal failure for this game.

cdj
04-15-2015, 08:27 PM
One thing is for sure: without the NFL license, this game cannot live up to the hype. I really hope there is some truth to those OS rumours because I would like this game to be a reality but an announcement that does not include NFL licenses will end in colossal failure for this game.

I agree. The license is so important here. Even if the game is awesome, great gameplay, customization, & sweet feature set, etc. no license means it sells a fraction of what it would with the NFL attached.

Re: the Microsoft tweet - some EA guys were also at Microsoft this week, so I think there was an event for some of MS' partners. I having a difficult time finding out details on the event as I don't think it was a marketed/publicized event.

Rudy
04-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Continuing the trend of releasing something on the 16th to coincide with Montana's no. Ber we get this player face. Finally a picture that looks good.

jaymo76
04-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Continuing the trend of releasing something on the 16th to coincide with Montana's no. Ber we get this player face. Finally a picture that looks good.

Great visual! I would suggest to Donny Moore that this is on par or better than Madden. Pretty good for "20th century looking graphics" hey Donny?

skipwondah33
04-17-2015, 07:25 AM
Graphics on game/graphic design computers I'm sure are pretty stellar

When CDJ posted this initially I thought it came from an actual real life photo. Then I noticed the game logo up top

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCwCRdAUgAAWLzY.jpg

Rudy
04-20-2015, 02:23 PM
There may be some more info soon. Not sure. I'd like to get some real info but I can wait for E3.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/19/e9f3d890656608b8731d0444c433eae2.jpg

souljahbill
04-20-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm glad it LOOKS awesome but if the gameplay is garbage isn't superior to Madden, it won't matter.

cdj
04-20-2015, 08:39 PM
Going back to the OS rumor post - Windows 10 now has a release date of "late July (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/windows-10-release-date-revealed-for-july-amd-exec/1100-6426759/)."

Rudy
04-21-2015, 03:33 AM
Going back and reading that original post #37 and I wonder if a lot of it is really true. Thus could be a fun summer.

Hank
04-23-2015, 12:39 PM
The gameplay will have to be far superior to anything Madden offers. Without any exclusive licenses it'll be an extremely tough sell unless it has near perfect visuals, gameplay, options, commentary and franchise mode capabilities.

But to be honest, being a big fan of baseball, hockey and boxing, if someone were to make the perfect game for any of those sports, without official licenses, I would still buy it. But it would have to be near perfect.

Rudy
04-23-2015, 04:36 PM
OS has lost their mind and have banned all discussion on the game until a release date and platform is revealed. The modding over there is incredibly heavy handed.

JBHuskers
04-23-2015, 04:55 PM
Sounds like a good idea ;) :D

CLW
04-23-2015, 04:59 PM
OS has lost their mind and have banned all discussion on the game until a release date and platform is revealed. The modding over there is incredibly heavy handed.

Yeah I rarely even go over to OS anymore b/c its so.... "sterile" it hardly feels like "forums" - i always get the feeling that there are $ motives behind some of the draconian "rules" they have.

Sounds like a good idea ;) :D

Do not worry TGTers since I am likely to become unemployed/democrat in a couple of months I will have plenty of time to sue the pants off of the powers that be. :nod:

souljahbill
04-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Yeah I rarely even go over to OS anymore b/c its so.... "sterile" it hardly feels like "forums" - i always get the feeling that there are $ motives behind some of the draconian "rules" they have.

Do not worry TGTers since I am likely to become unemployed/democrat in a couple of months I will have plenty of time to sue the pants off of the powers that be. :nod:

Yes, welcome to a world of free handouts, paid for by hard working Republicans. Enjoy your Escalade and 100-inch TV.

CLW
04-23-2015, 06:08 PM
Yes, welcome to a world of free handouts, paid for by hard working Republicans. Enjoy your Escalade and 100-inch TV.

Yep paid for my Dr. CLW

cdj
04-24-2015, 09:52 PM
I'm getting worried for some people. On social media and other forums I'm seeing people who will become physically ill should this actually turn into a released video game and *gasp* be even somewhat enjoyable.

I don't get why there are some who are basically afraid there may be another football game on the market. It is possible that both Madden & Montana could be enjoyable and fun. Is that illegal? I've gone from being indifferent on the title to rooting for it based on how some people are acting.

steelerfan
04-25-2015, 03:43 AM
I don't read most opinions so I'm still indifferent. :)

Rudy
04-25-2015, 05:18 AM
I hope Montana is a great game and pushes Madden to improve some things but I think it's simply impossible to have your first game be that good. I remember when 2K came out and that was a nice first effort but I wasn't a big fan. It wasn't until 2k3 that it really started to get better with the pinnacle of 2k4. Competition is great but this game is doubtful to have the NFL license and that is a huge negative for sales.

cdj
04-25-2015, 07:39 PM
The only known community member who has seen Montana 16 says info coming in less than 24 hours (basically sometime Sunday):

I'm guessing his 'like' comment means news will come via YouTube.

SmoothPancakes
04-25-2015, 08:53 PM
The only known community member who has seen Montana 16 says info coming in less than 24 hours (basically sometime Sunday):

I'm guessing his 'like' comment means news will come via YouTube.
Does the game have a Facebook page? It could be that too. Facebook or YouTube if the "like buttons" is literal.

#TheScriptIsDead

cdj
04-25-2015, 10:07 PM
Does the game have a Facebook page? It could be that too. Facebook or YouTube if the "like buttons" is literal.

#TheScriptIsDead

I thought that as well, but couldn't find a Facebook product page plus Moody (@shutdownsafety) is a 'YouTube' guy, so I'm assuming it will be a video from him.

jaymo76
04-25-2015, 10:19 PM
Looking forward to an announcement. I would be stunned if there were any truth to being a licensed game. I just don't see it as a possibility. We can dream though... fingers crossed!

cdj
04-26-2015, 09:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr7YUIdfyz0

#Montana16 will be the sponsor for driver Brad Smith at 5/1's (Friday) International Motorsports Hall of Fame 200. The race will be televised on Fox Sports 1 at 5 PM CT.

gschwendt
04-26-2015, 09:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MmZfSIH.jpg

cdj
04-26-2015, 09:32 AM
I had the same thought. That is the drawback to having YouTube 'commenters' being the first to share news/info. Every little thing elicits a lot of hype. He has since clarified on his Twitter (https://twitter.com/ShutdownSafety/status/592149884393787392) that he said there would be 'news,' not 'info.' 'Info' is apparently the hype word to look for.

The 'bright side' is that hopefully news will start emerging in May.

SmoothPancakes
04-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Seriously? :fp:

I'm beginning to lose any sliver of hope I have left for this game with each crap stunt like this that they pull.

#TheScriptIsDead

jaymo76
04-26-2015, 12:16 PM
And I thought Madden/NCAA milked it with cover votes et. al. This is freakin crazy.

ram29jackson
04-26-2015, 05:08 PM

its been that way for years. They run the place like a cult church that keeps changing its doctrine to satisfy its own interests

ram29jackson
04-26-2015, 05:17 PM
the ryanmoody dweeb is a pinhead anyway. Dude talks about video games like its vewy impotent business LOL. He has no critical thought to begin with. Its a fuckin toy that you buy and play or don't. Not some major ticket item you need to discuss for an hour.

ram29jackson
04-26-2015, 05:19 PM
I'm getting worried for some people. On social media and other forums I'm seeing people who will become physically ill should this actually turn into a released video game and *gasp* be even somewhat enjoyable.

I don't get why there are some who are basically afraid there may be another football game on the market. It is possible that both Madden & Montana could be enjoyable and fun. Is that illegal? I've gone from being indifferent on the title to rooting for it based on how some people are acting.

its only on XB1 anyway. People ? are you sure you aren't reading comments from children ?

JeffHCross
04-26-2015, 09:38 PM
#Montana16 will be the sponsor for driver Brad Smith at 5/1's (Friday) International Motorsports Hall of Fame 200. The race will be televised on Fox Sports 1 at 5 PM CT.Sponsoring an ARCA car doesn't even move the needle. That's pathetic.

cdj
05-01-2015, 08:41 PM

SmoothPancakes
05-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I'll start caring any about this game again when they start caring about actually releasing info instead of this never ending trolling teaser crap that turns out to have absolutely nothing to do with the game. It's almost to the point where I don't care if it comes out or not and if it's amazing or not, I'm about ready to tell them to piss off.

#TheScriptIsDead

JeffHCross
05-01-2015, 11:56 PM
Lmao. A hashtag on the bottom of the quarter-panel of an ARCA car. That is laughable.

Rudy
05-02-2015, 04:13 AM
This is brutal. This is not the way to market a game IF you want to compete with Madden. I'm sure we will get another screenshot on the 16th.

cdj
05-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Lmao. A hashtag on the bottom of the quarter-panel of an ARCA car. That is laughable.

I was expecting a full sponsorship/paint design. I can't think a small quarter-panel ad/hashtag costs all that much.

SmoothPancakes
05-02-2015, 08:28 AM
I was expecting a full sponsorship/paint design. I can't think a small quarter-panel ad/hashtag costs all that much.
Same here. The whole hype the day before they announced that and then it's just some tiny thing on a quarter-panel, not even a full paint job.

Whoever is in control of this team's/product's advertising and promotions, they need to be fired. Now. Don't even let them box up their stuff, just throw their ass out the door and hire someone new.

#TheScriptIsDead

cdj
05-02-2015, 08:34 AM
I'm beginning to think that's the problem....there is no one in charge of marketing & PR and that development is doing it with extremely limited funds (and focus). AFAIK, there's not even a Twitter or Facebook page for the game and those are free to make.

CLW
05-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Look I'd LOVE nothing more than for someone to step up and give EA's monopoly a run for its money. But this game just isn't going to be it.

jaymo76
05-02-2015, 02:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRPkdxieU8A

For multiple years this guy has been spinning the web and is very rarely correct. His last big prophecy was the 2k got the NFL license. Here he goes with his claim of an AAA title.

jaymo76
05-02-2015, 02:24 PM
What seems to be clear:

1. 2k is not involved or at the very least doesn't want anyone to know they are involved
2. Marketing is non-existent... hence why 2k is probably not involved
3. Based on the limited screen shots this game is 100% generic

... is there anything else left to be said???

JBHuskers
05-04-2015, 09:56 AM
What seems to be clear:

1. 2k is not involved or at the very least doesn't want anyone to know they are involved
2. Marketing is non-existent... hence why 2k is probably not involved
3. Based on the limited screen shots this game is 100% generic

... is there anything else left to be said???

Backbreaker, The Next Generation?

cdj
05-18-2015, 08:46 AM
A new 'clip' showing QB release and pass trajectory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KALP-800DAQ

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Still waiting for them to make up their minds and actually show or reveal something about the game itself. The stupid little minute long clips of nothing and stupid hype jobs only to end up being a car racing decal are getting old.

#TheScriptIsDead

Rudy
05-18-2015, 09:42 AM
That's it! Oh my gosh that's horrible. They are embarrassing themselves. How can this game ever compete with Madden? Real info please and real gameplay video! My kids could design a better marketing campaign.

JBHuskers
05-18-2015, 09:58 AM
So it's a 1 minute video of a Vine loop...

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2015, 10:30 AM
That pretty much sums it up.

#TheScriptIsDead

jaymo76
05-18-2015, 01:32 PM
A new 'clip' showing QB release and pass trajectory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KALP-800DAQ

Love that generic Bull logo (or is it a Devil?) in the background. Bring on generic football 16! I am shocked that people in various forums still believe this game is fully licensed by the NFL. Not one single thing had pointed in that direction.

cdj
05-18-2015, 01:36 PM

Ha, basically. From what I can tell, Damon Grow sent that exclusive clip to Ryan Moody to release & show. I wish they would have waited for videos until they had HD recording capabilities versus taking it via cell phone/off-camera.

CLW
05-18-2015, 02:33 PM
This game is either #1 a LONG way away from release #2 SUCKS and so they are hiding it #3 they cannot give any details b/c EA currently has the exclusive rights until their contract with the NFL expires.

JBHuskers
05-18-2015, 02:34 PM
That should probably give you and indication about the low budget level this game is going to be.

steelerfan
05-18-2015, 03:01 PM
Ha, basically. From what I can tell, Damon Grow sent that exclusive clip to Ryan Moody to release & show. I wish they would have waited for videos until they had HD recording capabilities versus taking it via cell phone/off-camera.
You can say that again!

Perfect!

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2015, 03:01 PM
:D

#TheScriptIsDead

skipwondah33
05-18-2015, 03:13 PM
LOL at Vine loop :D

Was making me dizzy

JeffHCross
05-18-2015, 10:20 PM
Chris, I know back when we went to Community Day events there was some concern about the line between the attendees and marketing... but this is ridiculous. This is borderline shilling.

cdj
05-18-2015, 10:37 PM
Chris, I know back when we went to Community Day events there was some concern about the line between the attendees and marketing... but this is ridiculous. This is borderline shilling.

Yeah, I don't get how they appear to lack a marketing/PR team but have a relationship with a YouTube commentator. It's put that video creator in a spot of being a de facto developer/marketer for the game since the project appears to lack one.

I think their current marketing/PR approach strongly implies Microsoft is not involved with this project. I can't envision MS doing anything like this.

JeffHCross
05-18-2015, 10:56 PM
I can't believe that anyone with a competent marketing department is involved. Or frankly any marketing department at all.

I myself was (still am, kinda) involved with a football game project, and despite the failed Kickstarter project I feel like the guy heading up that project has been light years ahead of this one in terms of marketing.

JBHuskers
05-19-2015, 10:44 AM
This is more like selling a mixtape about of the back of a van or the trunk of a car....

skipwondah33
05-19-2015, 11:24 AM
For $5 lol

cdj
05-21-2015, 11:18 PM
Another short clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-3wB4s-nzY

The two guys who appear to be on the inside in regards to JM16 are @GeDDeN7 and @ShutdownSafety (Twitter handles).

steelerfan
05-21-2015, 11:52 PM
That looks terrible.

SmoothPancakes
05-22-2015, 02:13 AM
That looks terrible.
What he said.

Yawn..... When I think short clip, I think 15, 30, maybe even 60 seconds of continuously new stuff being shown. Not the same bloody 2 1/2 second blurry as all hell animation being repeated 20,000 times like a Vine. At this point, I'm done. I'll be back when they actually decide to release real actual video and information. Until then, enough of my time has been repeatedly wasted and these guys can piss off.

#TheScriptIsDead

Rudy
05-22-2015, 05:22 AM
Just digging their own grave. That was awful.

skipwondah33
05-22-2015, 08:14 AM
That looks terrible.20th century terrible?

JBHuskers
05-22-2015, 03:32 PM
Yet the YouTube commenters are jizzing :D :fp:

CLW
05-22-2015, 04:36 PM
Yet the YouTube commenters are jizzing :D :fp:

It's an anti-EA thing more than anything else. Look I'm ALL for competition but I've seen nothing yet to give me any hope of a legitimate competitor to Madden.

JBHuskers
05-22-2015, 04:49 PM
It's an anti-EA thing more than anything else. Look I'm ALL for competition but I've seen nothing yet to give me any hope of a legitimate competitor to Madden.

Zero.

skipwondah33
05-22-2015, 05:11 PM
20th century zero...? :D

Ok i'll stop but he had a point.

cdj
05-23-2015, 07:13 AM

An interesting tweet from Damon Grow last night.

Thoughts? I have a couple guesses but want to see if others pick up the same vibe/guess from it.

Rudy
05-23-2015, 02:36 PM
Project delayed or cancelled?

cdj
05-23-2015, 05:08 PM
Project delayed or cancelled?

My guess:

First sentence - They didn't build the game from scratch. They bought the rights/IP (code) to an in-progress or existing title, perhaps All-Pro Football or BackBreaker.

Second Sentence - They are still looking for a publisher. That would explain the in-house marketing efforts.

JeffHCross
05-23-2015, 06:43 PM
That first sentence makes no sense.

JBHuskers
05-23-2015, 08:42 PM
That first sentence makes no sense.
It does. That's how Golf Club was made. Code from Tiger.

skipwondah33
05-23-2015, 09:59 PM
It does. That's how Golf Club was made. Code from Tiger.Interesting

JBHuskers
05-23-2015, 10:00 PM
Interesting
Yep the creator was a 3rd party vendor for Tiger...

Rudy
05-24-2015, 05:04 AM
That would lend more credibility to that original post about 2k being involved. They might have sold them their assets and this team is trying to use them. 2k employees deny any involvement which is also true. But those short clips look like last Gen code at best. I remember all pro football looking like crap on my ps3.the framers was awful. People loved that game but it was a slightly improved 2k5 from PS2 imported to 360/ps3 without nfl licenses. Disappointing.

cdj
05-24-2015, 08:17 AM
That would lend more credibility to that original post about 2k being involved. They might have sold them their assets and this team is trying to use them. 2k employees deny any involvement which is also true. But those short clips look like last Gen code at best.

That's basically my line of thought as well. It would explain the smoke a while back about 2K getting back into football. If true, someone only had part of the story and filled in the blanks with the wrong assumptions.

jaymo76
05-24-2015, 11:18 AM
That's basically my line of thought as well. It would explain the smoke a while back about 2K getting back into football. If true, someone only had part of the story and filled in the blanks with the wrong assumptions.

...Hiphopgamer... He has told his followers for the last two years that NFL 2K is back. Guy has no credibility.

JeffHCross
05-26-2015, 08:45 AM
It does. That's how Golf Club was made. Code from Tiger.Sorry, should have clarified. Chris' explanation made perfect sense; games are made like that all the time. "We have a great team, no offense to who actually built our game" makes very little sense as an English sentence. It's just... weirdly written and the thought process behind it is also strange.

It's almost like it was part of a larger conversation that we weren't privy to. It seems unusual to just blurt out.

cdj
05-26-2015, 10:04 AM
JHC - It definitely seemed like a 3 AM tweet or text, if that's what you are implying. :sf: It didn't fit with anything he tweeted previously or since.

steelerfan
05-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Leave me out of this.

Thank you.

;)

JeffHCross
05-26-2015, 10:42 PM
JHC - It definitely seemed like a 3 AM tweet or text, if that's what you are implying. :sf: It didn't fit with anything he tweeted previously or since.It seemed to me like the type of thing you'd say if you felt like you needed to defend your coworkers. But "whom ever built this game" makes absolutely no sense. I can understand trying to keep their identity hidden, but "whom ever" at least makes it sound like Damon doesn't even know. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought he was involved enough that he absolutely should know.

cdj
06-08-2015, 11:19 PM

And this site says JM16 will be at E3 next week (http://1080players.com/index.php/xbox-menu/item/1404-joe-montana-football-16-is-being-revealed-at-e3).

Damon Grow is coordinating with some people to meet - and presumably show the game - next week.

Rudy
06-09-2015, 04:39 AM
Will this game actually be revealed at e3 or a back room of a variety store near there? The marketing has been so bad it seems a real stretch that this game will be anywhere near decent and on a console.

JBHuskers
06-09-2015, 09:59 AM
Will this game actually be revealed at e3 or a back room of a variety store near there? The marketing has been so bad it seems a real stretch that this game will be anywhere near decent and on a console.

In the back of a van parked somewhere near E3....

cdj
06-15-2015, 09:47 AM
Damon Grow's Twitter profile now has his company listed as 'Superstar Games,' formerly 'Super Secret Sports Company.'

JBHuskers
06-15-2015, 09:50 AM
In the back of a van parked somewhere near E3....

Damon Grow's Twitter profile now has his company listed as 'Superstar Games,' formerly 'Super Secret Sports Company.'

:nod:

cdj
06-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Some sort of news/info coming today:

SmoothPancakes
06-15-2015, 01:51 PM
What now? Sponsoring Speedy Freezes at Speedway gas stations?

steelerfan
06-15-2015, 04:56 PM
I hope it's a looping video of a 1 second clip of a punter's foot striking a football. That will really get my attention.

Rudy
06-15-2015, 07:31 PM
I hope it's a looping video of a 1 second clip of a punter's foot striking a football. That will really get my attention.

But if it was a punt block the anti EA crowd would go nuts. Lol

This game can't be a serious console game at this point.

CLW
06-15-2015, 07:34 PM
But if it was a punt block the anti EA crowd would go nuts. Lol

This game can't be a serious console game at this point.

the ability to block a punt would be nice

cdj
06-16-2015, 12:04 AM
From pastapadre (https://www.facebook.com/pastapadrecom/posts/10153486851099073):

Peter Moore just confirmed [to Geoff Keighley] EA still has the full exclusive license, NFL and NFLPA, for Madden. That a Montana game would be unlicensed.

I'm still standing by my guess that they are at E3 in hopes of landing a publisher.

Digging through Damon Grow's tweets from today to see if any info came out.

I thought this was interesting:

Maybe this is a mobile title?

Grow says he has an interview (not sure with whom) going live at 11:30 PM PST Tuesday.

In response to question about why they were not at the Microsoft event:

cdj
06-16-2015, 06:10 AM
http://www.joemontanafootball.com/

SmoothPancakes
06-16-2015, 08:45 AM
So basically nothing was announced yesterday after saying there was news/info coming yesterday.

CLW
06-16-2015, 08:49 AM
So basically nothing was announced yesterday after saying there was news/info coming yesterday.

Yeah its like they went to E3 to find a publisher but boasting about the game like it was a done deal before hand. IF I were a betting man, I'd bet this game NEVER reaches the public.

JBHuskers

That is news!!! THERE IS A WEBSITE!!!!

JBHuskers
Yeah its like they went to E3 to find a publisher but boasting about the game like it was a done deal before hand. IF I were a betting man, I'd bet this game NEVER reaches the public.

I signed up for the sheer hilarity.

SmoothPancakes
06-16-2015, 08:57 AM
That is news!!! THERE IS A WEBSITE!!!!
But it was announced today. ;)

They said there was going to be news/info yesterday. [emoji14]

JBHuskers
06-16-2015, 09:07 AM
But it was announced today. ;)

They said there was going to be news/info yesterday. [emoji14]

Well back to selling info from a back of a van at E3 for them....

cdj
06-16-2015, 01:14 PM

Grow tweeted that (IIRC) some aspect of the site crashed as they were traveling to E3, so they had to wait for it to get fixed before announcing it. The website tweet happened at 2 AM PT.

If I understood his interview post, he will be interviewed or a previous interview will go live at 1:30 PM CT today.

cdj
06-16-2015, 01:25 PM

cdj
06-16-2015, 02:04 PM

SmoothPancakes
06-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Grow tweeted that (IIRC) some aspect of the site crashed as they were traveling to E3, so they had to wait for it to get fixed before announcing it. The website tweet happened at 2 AM PT.

If I understood his interview post, he will be interviewed or a previous interview will go live at 1:30 PM CT today.

So is this the same interview being talked about in both cases? They really need to get on the same page before saying something is being released or coming "today". I'm getting tired of this never ending shell game, saying something is coming out that day, then it ends up not being until the next day, and then it finally does come out, it ends up being a total waste of time and just another goddamn tease bullshit.

cdj
06-16-2015, 02:45 PM
I think so, SP.

Also, it sounds like their servers for the website had an issue, so if you signed up for updates after 6 AM or so CT, it didn't take your address.

JBHuskers
06-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Going to soil the name of the Unreal Engine if they keep this up.

SmoothPancakes
06-16-2015, 07:18 PM
They just need to not come out and claim info or an interview is coming in a specific day until they are 100% sure it will be.

That will be a huge fix to their shell game issues. Right now, it seems like the people they have pimping their game on social media are saying one thing, and the actual guys are doing another.

Until then, so far this is the most hyped game that still hasn't even shown anything to be hyped about.

Rudy
06-16-2015, 08:49 PM
I just want to hear if it's real and what console. Not hard guys! Why so secretive about a game that you should want the public to know about?

JeffHCross
06-17-2015, 12:05 AM
Because they can't reveal what they don't know. Something has to exist for it not be a secret.

I love that this thread is 10 pages for a game that might not even exist.

JBHuskers
06-17-2015, 12:31 AM
I love that this thread is 10 pages for a game that might not even exist.

False hope turned into parody.

See Ram's NFL thread and its page length :D

cdj
06-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Following receiving their e-mail after signing up, I'm now guessing this is a mobile game.

You can sign up for 'alpha release updates' here: http://l.aunch.us/HhAqg

That video interview is expected today, so hopefully we can shift 'Rumored' to something legit.

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2015, 07:54 AM
Huh, I signed up on their site, but never got any emails from them. I may have to go back and check, maybe I missed it.

cdj
06-17-2015, 08:06 AM
Click the link (http://l.aunch.us/HhAqg)here and try again. Their servers were down some yesterday. I had to sign up a second time to get the e-mail.

Marlowe
06-17-2015, 09:22 AM
https://m.soundcloud.com/boost-radio-network/1080players-interview-eric-webster-spoke-with-damon-grow-on-joe-montana-football?in=boost-radio-network/sets/1080-players

Saw this posted on twitter.

JeffHCross
06-17-2015, 09:45 AM
False hope turned into parody.

See Ram's NFL thread and its page length :DTrue, but that also included tons of posts by people egging him on. This one not so much. :D

Marlowe
06-17-2015, 11:19 AM
Lmao...this is a fkn mobile game hahahaa

http://youtu.be/tmZH0zCJM-4

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2015, 11:36 AM
:fp:

All that bullshit for 6+ months all for a goddamn mobile game. Yeah, these guys can officially piss off now.

Of course, just read the comments on that YouTube video. You still have idiots blindly praising and defending this game and these guys solely because "it's coming to PC TOO! It's haz the POWERZ to be a console game!!!11!" :fp:

ram29jackson
06-17-2015, 11:48 AM
:fdown:

JBHuskers
06-17-2015, 12:41 PM
I apologize to anyone that sells anything out of the back of a van. I didn't mean to offend you when comparing your business to Joe Montana Football.

CLW
06-17-2015, 12:44 PM
LMFAO - Getting my wife's ipad ready for day 1 action. :D

CLW
06-17-2015, 12:47 PM
In fairness though - the game looks pretty damn good for a mobile game

CLW
06-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Moreover, they should have at least tried to get Sony/MS to allow it on console as a download only title. Hell this game just screams free on PS+/XBGold

JBHuskers
06-17-2015, 12:57 PM
I just love how all of the 2K marks are burying their heads in the sand today.

CLW
06-17-2015, 01:14 PM
I just love how all of the 2K marks are burying their heads in the sand today.

Well I think its well known here that I have historically preferred 2K's games over EAs when they go head to head. (2K College Hoops over NCAA and NFL 2K over Madden)

EA made a smart business move by buying up the exclusive rights but it has REALLY HURT the series as EA has gotten "lazy" in my opinion as they have no competition and essentially have guaranteed income for life as long as they pay the NFL for exclusive rights no matter how bad/stale the product gets.

That being said NOONE is going to compete in the sports gaming space without license rights. The game just will not sell with generic rosters/teams no matter how much better the gameplay is.

JBHuskers
06-17-2015, 01:15 PM
Well I think its well known here that I have historically preferred 2K's games over EAs when they go head to head. (2K College Hoops over NCAA and NFL 2K over Madden)

EA made a smart business move by buying up the exclusive rights but it has REALLY HURT the series as EA has gotten "lazy" in my opinion as they have no competition and essentially have guaranteed income for life as long as they pay the NFL for exclusive rights no matter how bad/stale the product gets.

That being said NOONE is going to compete in the sports gaming space without license rights. The game just will not sell with generic rosters/teams no matter how much better the gameplay is.

I'm just talking specifically about how their hopes got up on this for the past six months.

JeffHCross
06-18-2015, 01:21 AM
Maybe my YouTube recommendations will finally stop being flooded with guys that are talking about how superior Montana will be to Madden 16.

skipwondah33
06-18-2015, 08:50 AM
Maybe my YouTube recommendations will finally stop being flooded with guys that are talking about how superior Montana will be to Madden 16.Nah it still will be...even if the game doesn't even release.

SCClassof93
06-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Nah it still will be...even if the game doesn't even release.

So, you are saying it is not difficult to surpass an EA game?

skipwondah33
06-18-2015, 11:46 AM
So, you are saying it is not difficult to surpass an EA game?
:DNo...it's not difficult for people to get overly excited about something when going against so to speak an EA game.

I'm sure there is an ESPN Arcade football game that has a "way better than Madden" cult like following.

SCClassof93
06-18-2015, 01:01 PM
No...it's not difficult for people to get overly excited about something when going against so to speak an EA game.

I'm sure there is an ESPN Arcade football game that has a "way better than Madden" cult like following.

Oh ok, so you are saying 2k has its "2k can do no wrong crowd", just like EA.

skipwondah33
06-18-2015, 01:10 PM
Oh ok, so you are saying 2k has its "2k can do no wrong crowd", just like EA.No but come on some of those games...just like EA put out with Madden were crap, but some swear up and down that they are STILL to this day better than every version of Madden that comes out.

SmoothPancakes
06-18-2015, 01:15 PM
No but come on some of those games...just like EA put out with Madden were crap, but some swear up and down that they are STILL to this day better than every version of Madden that comes out.

*Cough* All Pro Football 2K8 *Cough*

gschwendt
06-18-2015, 01:19 PM
*Cough* All Pro Football 2K8 *Cough*
I will say, APF had a lot of great things going for it that still aren't in Madden today. Obviously the season/franchise was very limited and the player selection was limited, but when NCAA08 was awful on PS3, the league I was running went to APF for that year and we loved it. Each season we would hold a fantasy draft of the available players and then just ran an online league.

That said, once NCAA09 released with Online Dynasties, that ship quickly sailed.

SCClassof93
06-18-2015, 01:20 PM
No but come on some of those games...just like EA put out with Madden were crap, but some swear up and down that they are STILL to this day better than every version of Madden that comes out.

I wouldn't know as I didn't play them. I know 2k has a far superior NBA game. I was just messing with you skip, you EA homer:D

skipwondah33
06-18-2015, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't know as I didn't play them. I know 2k has a far superior NBA game. I was just messing with you skip, you EA homer:DI know lol

Not necessarily a homer just not an anti-EA guy. I know to the internet if you aren't one of those then you are a homer haha. I will say that my purchases for the past 5 years especially are dedicated to a select few of games. Can't afford just buying games outside of the definite purchases since my wife stays at home. So Madden, Call of Duty and another random game are my yearly game buys.

Yes their Basketball games are amazing. I actually had all the 2K Football games when I had a Dreamcast. Tried to even play ESPN 2K as well as it was one of the prizes for a Madden tournament I won.

We have to admit though...how many jumped on the wagon around the net when this game was rumored and announced? You know the 2K5, 2KAFL or whatever that game was called crowd couldn't wait. Hell even that Vine loop of a pass being thrown had people like "OMG this blows Madden's away" likely.

I of all people know Madden continues to suck in some areas, especially Gameplay which is my biggest focal point. But that doesn't have me saying..."ahh Tecmo Bowl is still better in gameplay" :D

JeffHCross
06-19-2015, 04:40 AM
I will say, APF had a lot of great things going for it that still aren't in Madden today. Obviously the season/franchise was very limited and the player selection was limited, but when NCAA08 was awful on PS3, the league I was running went to APF for that year and we loved it. Each season we would hold a fantasy draft of the available players and then just ran an online league.

That said, once NCAA09 released with Online Dynasties, that ship quickly sailed.I remember it very well. That was the year you got me started on online leagues, and with the exception of NCAA 12, I have been playing ever since.

Oh ok, so you are saying 2k has its "2k can do no wrong crowd", just like EA.Hell yes they do. There are also vocal (but small) "EA can do no right" and "Every competitor could do better" crowds.

JBHuskers
06-19-2015, 09:20 AM
I couldn't get into the gameplay of APF 2k8 at all.

bdoughty
06-19-2015, 09:35 AM
The most enjoyable part of this whole thing is watching Ryan Moody taking a break from tearing down Madden footage to give us tons of hard hitting news in regards to Joe Montana mobile edition.

GatorfanStovy
06-19-2015, 11:11 AM
Not sure if u guys no but its been confirmed that it is a true mobile game .. rip console game :(

JBHuskers
06-19-2015, 11:54 AM
Not sure if u guys no but its been confirmed that it is a true mobile game .. rip console game :(

Uhhh yeah, read the thread :D it was posted here the moment it was announced this week.

steelerfan
06-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Goddammit!

You mean my TV will never know the joys of the El Paso Doglegs vs the Calgary Radial Tires?

FFFF-FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

jaymo76
06-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Very interesting. I will be following this closely to see what the story is all about. It would be great to see the arrival of another game. However, if anything I expect this to be a facebook/ipad type game...???

Still surprised with the level of anger from other websites. I am quoting myself... post two of the thread going back to July 2014... I called it then. How were people so easily shocked??? Did people really believe the license was not in play?

cdj
06-20-2015, 06:24 PM
Still surprised with the level of anger from other websites. I am quoting myself... post two of the thread going back to July 2014... I called it then. How were people so easily shocked??? Did people really believe the license was not in play?

Between HipHopGamer saying this was 2K coming back to consoles and that anonymous post at OS, people got caught up in hype and optimism, even putting that above logic at times.

I agree completely with your first statement - the level of hate, anger, and vitriol at various sites and by some on social media (directly to Damon Grow!) has been sickening IMO.

SmoothPancakes
06-24-2015, 05:28 PM
First question someone posts for a potential list of questions being asked Grow in an interview later tonight. :fp:

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/24/0e43ca37a7bee65447f43f4c4aa8d7f3.jpg

steelerfan
06-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Lol.

Let these losers answer those questions for awhile. :nod:

CLW
06-24-2015, 08:29 PM
zzzzzzzzz.......

bdoughty
06-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Dreads? Pssh... Will there be a sock editor?

SmoothPancakes
06-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Christ, even on a bloody mobile game you have dumbasses asking about goddamn dreads and tattoos and long hair. :fp: Do those people have no life? Is that all they do is ask every sports game if they will be adding dreads, long hair and tattoos?

cdj
06-24-2015, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure how they can even ask anything on the game right now. I think the only legit question is "what can you tell us in specifics about the game, features, etc." We don't even know if the user runs any plays, what kind of playcalling there is, 'league' structure (if there is one), etc.

JeffHCross
06-28-2015, 12:27 AM
Goddammit!

You mean my TV will never know the joys of the El Paso Doglegs vs the Calgary Radial Tires?

FFFF-FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!There's always Android Screen Mirroring :D

steelerfan
06-28-2015, 12:41 AM
There's always Android Screen Mirroring :D

cdj
02-21-2016, 02:49 PM
From 2/2/16 article: In the last two years, Montana and tech giant Microsoft have developed a chummy relationship. This summer, the company plans to release the Joe Montana Football 16 video game, which could give Madden NFL 16 a run for its money.

Courtesy: SF Examiner (http://www.sfexaminer.com/joe-cool-to-joe-code-montana-rides-tech-wave/)

jaymo76
02-21-2016, 05:21 PM
From 2/2/16 article: In the last two years, Montana and tech giant Microsoft have developed a chummy relationship. This summer, the company plans to release the Joe Montana Football 16 video game, which could give Madden NFL 16 a run for its money.

Courtesy: SF Examiner (http://www.sfexaminer.com/joe-cool-to-joe-code-montana-rides-tech-wave/)

A mobile game giving Madden 16 a run for its money? I have kind of lost my love for Madden this year.. but come on.. Console game vs Mobile game.... it's no contest.

steelerfan
02-21-2016, 06:44 PM
A mobile game giving Madden 16 a run for its money? I have kind of lost my love for Madden this year.. but come on.. Console game vs Mobile game.... it's no contest.
Agreed except for the "kind of" and "this year" parts. I lost any love for Madden YEARS ago. Too bad, I want to play it but it's not worth my time or money and I'm not sure it ever will be again. I got better shit to do.

JBHuskers
02-22-2016, 10:14 AM

My thoughts exactly.

bdoughty
02-22-2016, 05:39 PM
He speaks...

https://twitter.com/DamonGrow/status/701853279580368896

Announcement coming before the Game Developers Conference (Mar 14th)

cdj
10-04-2016, 02:36 PM
It lives.

SmoothPancakes
10-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Lmao, this ship has sailed as far as my money is concerned. What a shit show this whole PR thing has been around this game. If this is the way he does PR, I don't even want to see how bad the game will be.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jaymo76
10-08-2016, 08:45 PM
It lives.

Man that cover looks... AWFUL! Enjoy your generic mobile game.

cdj
10-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Man that cover looks... AWFUL! Enjoy your generic mobile game.

It would appear it'll have the players license, but you're right - generic teams.

Even more, Daydream is Google VR, right? A much smaller market than if it truly were just mobile. Unless they offer a pure mobile version, I don't see how this thing takes off.

bdoughty
10-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Why do the uniforms look like leather jackets from the 70's?

cdj
01-28-2017, 10:04 AM
First look at Joe Montana Football/VR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jnETedUS0U

SmoothPancakes
01-28-2017, 03:23 PM
That is the game that was supposed to destroy the Madden franchise? :D

souljahbill
01-28-2017, 03:42 PM
That is the game that was supposed to destroy the Madden franchise? :D

*spit take*

steelerfan
01-28-2017, 03:49 PM
That should be called Roger Goodell Football, what with the lack of tackling.

souljahbill
01-28-2017, 03:50 PM
I don't even remember seeing a ball

cdj
01-28-2017, 05:37 PM
I don't even remember seeing a ball

The ball flies out a second before the QBs arm goes through the motion.

bdoughty
01-28-2017, 06:37 PM
They have Joe Montana wearing gloves on both hands. Now that is authenticity.

It's the future Joe. There is no Madden VR game.

http://i.imgur.com/0r9mxIW.jpg

I've made a huge mistake.

cdj
01-28-2017, 07:04 PM
I'm thinking (hoping?) this was just put out to capture on the VR phase, while it still exists.

This game doesn't appear to include the NFLPA license which it was stated it would have and I thought Grow or someone on the team tweeted NFL 2K5 was an influence. This game looks like nothing much more than a tech demo.

bdoughty
01-28-2017, 07:12 PM
I'm thinking (hoping?) this was just put out to capture on the VR phase, while it still exists.

This game doesn't appear to include the NFLPA license which it was stated it would have and I thought Grow or someone on the team tweeted NFL 2K5 was an influence. This game looks like nothing much more than a tech demo.

You left out the link to the story.

http://www.geekwire.com/2017/nfl-legend-joe-montana-just-launched-virtual-reality-football-game/

Montana 17 is also the first VR game to be licensed by the NFL Players Association, which allows gamers to play as NFL superstars like Tom Brady, Cam Newton, Odell Beckham Jr., and of course, Montana himself.

“We are happy to team up with Superstar Games and Joe Montana to license this game so that a new generation of gamers can connect with their favorite players in a unique and authentic way,” NFLPA VP of Licensing and Business Development Steve Scebelo said in a statement.

Montana called himself “quality control.”

“I know my limits,” Montana said.

:sf:

Superstar Games has raised $2.3 million from investors like New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, former Electronic Arts CFO Stan McKee, and several ex-Zynga executives. The company, which is among 50 pre-approved developers on Google’s Daydream platform, has eight employees and is based in San Francisco.

Yeah, pretty sure Damon Grow is still getting the last laugh, all the way to the bank.

cdj
01-29-2017, 09:13 AM
You left out the link to the story.

http://www.geekwire.com/2017/nfl-legend-joe-montana-just-launched-virtual-reality-football-game/

Yeah, pretty sure Damon Grow is still getting the last laugh, all the way to the bank.

Wow, I either forgot or didn't know about those details.

I hope that footage is far from finished or else they took their investors to the cleaners, intentional or otherwise.