PDA

View Full Version : Community Gaming Night Discussion

cdj
07-09-2014, 07:40 AM
We are looking to set-up a semi-regular gaming night, but want some info/feedback from you guys first.

What night/hours typically work best?

Would you prefer once a week? On set nights a couple times a month? How often?

Would you prefer an open set-up (post what game(s) you are looking to play) or a defined game (NCAA one night, MLB The Show another, etc.)?

We have some ideas on how to increase involvement/numbers and we'll share those when we have our first event.

CLW
07-09-2014, 08:45 AM
I'm generally home around 7 p.m. (CST) and usually am free anytime after 8 p.m. on the weekdays. Weekends I am usually completely free as well.

1 night a week sounds good to me but it will largely depend on how everyone's schedule works out and how many people are interested.

I think the best way to get guys together is announce the games ahead of time.

Perhaps on the 1st of every month an announcement/thread is made telling the days/times/games for the entire month.

skipwondah33
07-09-2014, 09:00 AM
We are looking to set-up a semi-regular gaming night, but want some info/feedback from you guys first.

CDJ this is pretty cool

We do something similar at another site I'm involved with, except it's only Madden and maybe COD in the past really that are played.

What night/hours typically work best?

I'm typically available after 8 pm est until 10:30-11 or so Monday - Friday. Weekends anytime...except during Football season

Would you prefer once a week? On set nights a couple times a month? How often?

1 night a week sounds good to me, set days would be nice or could be rotational if necessary.

Would you prefer an open set-up (post what game(s) you are looking to play) or a defined game (NCAA one night, MLB The Show another, etc.)?

Open set up could work but I like the idea of a certain game. That way you would have a nice group of people to play the same game with, instead of only possibly 3 or 4.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Hopefully PS4 gets some love. It'll be useless for me on 360, hardly any 360 around here anymore. And anyone with an Xbox One, I'm largely already friends with on Live and team up from time to time in games.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

texacotea
07-09-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm generally home around 7 p.m. (CST) and usually am free anytime after 8 p.m. on the weekdays. Weekends I am usually completely free as well.

1 night a week sounds good to me but it will largely depend on how everyone's schedule works out and how many people are interested.

I think the best way to get guys together is announce the games ahead of time.

Perhaps on the 1st of every month an announcement/thread is made telling the days/times/games for the entire month.

I like the last statement in this post alot

cdj
07-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Bump for more feedback.

Also, any interest in an impromptu gaming night this Thursday night? I think a good number of people here will be picking up PS4 TLOU and we can make it open for other titles as well.

CLW
07-29-2014, 07:46 AM
Bump for more feedback.

Also, any interest in an impromptu gaming night this Thursday night? I think a good number of people here will be picking up PS4 TLOU and we can make it open for other titles as well.

Thursday night works for me. I should be available between 7-8 pm CST.

SmoothPancakes
07-29-2014, 09:46 AM
I'll have to join in the next one. Have to wait until payday Friday to pick TLOU up.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

CLW
08-01-2014, 06:23 AM
So.... it's the 1st of August we doing community nights anytime soon?

Also due to the storms last night I have no running water and the storm knocked out the power and apparently broke the garage door to my apartment so I'm "forced" to stay at home today and play some PS4.

If any of you guys are around today I'll be online playing TLOU.

jaymo76
08-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Will people be streaming to twitch AND/OR having an open party discussion? I'm not really sure how you guys are trying to structure these???

JeffHCross
08-01-2014, 11:43 AM
I'd never be around, never have time, and let's be honest, none of you guys would want to game with me anyway :D

In all seriousness, my schedule is out of whack compared to everyone here, and the only game I'm actually playing at the moment (and basically in the last year) is NCAA.

jaymo76
08-01-2014, 11:55 AM
I'd never be around, never have time, and let's be honest, none of you guys would want to game with me anyway :D

In all seriousness, my schedule is out of whack compared to everyone here, and the only game I'm actually playing at the moment (and basically in the last year) is NCAA.

That's why I like when people stream to twitch. I may be busy doing other stuff but I turn on twitch for a little bit and see what is happening.

GatorfanStovy
08-01-2014, 02:07 PM

Same goes with my work week. I would love to jump in and play with some of you on COD or titan fall or what ever. But yea I work a shift where I 2 weeks of days then 2 weeks of nights with working 12 hour shifts. 3 days on 2 off then 2 days on then 3 days off. Weird schedule I have but the pay is good.

JeffHCross
08-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Wow, Gator. That's even different from our shift schedule. Ours is 2 on, 2 off, 3 on. Then (the reverse) 2 off, 2 on, 3 off.