gschwendt
07-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I've done some research and decided these are our 3 options:

Option
Description
Pros
Cons

Higher Tier Conferences
All teams stay in their respective conferences. Contract goals lowered as much as possible but still moderately high (9 wins).
Challenging
Almost guaranteed that we're all fired our first season.

Lower Tier Conferences
All teams moved to a lower conference (SBC, MAC, MWC). Contract goals lowered as much as possible but still moderately high (9 wins)
Better chance to get closer to 9 wins
We're not playing against Powerhouse schools. Still strong chance of being fired first season.

TeamBuilder
Teams
Teams stay in their respective conferences. Teams are built in TeamBuilder using the current Death Penalty rosters. School ratings lowered to lowest possible. Contract goals much lower at 5 wins.
Challenging. Lower contract goals, very unlikely to be fired.
Not playing with true teams. Can't use all alternate uniforms, only those built in TeamBuilder. Will require time to manually input rosters in to TB.

gschwendt
07-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Based on what I've found, you can't lower certain school ratings so therefore the lowest I can get Florida to is around 8-9 wins minimum. However, with TeamBuilder teams, you can lower every rating to a D- (except academics lowest is C) and therefore contract goals are much lower. We could play with this to potentially find the right mix.

JBHuskers
07-02-2014, 04:41 PM
If someone doesn't mind doing the TeamBuilder stuff I'm all for it. Lowering the prestiege probably will lower the possibility of getting fired.

marcotte14
07-02-2014, 04:50 PM
I like the Lower Tier Conferences option. It gives us all the challenge we need without taking a beating from the powerhouse teams. Give us a couple years with our teams in the MAC,SBA,MWC.(we can even take the best teams out of these conf.) Then we'll see where we're at to make the jump back into our regular powerhouse conferences.

gschwendt
07-02-2014, 04:51 PM
If someone doesn't mind doing the TeamBuilder stuff I'm all for it. Lowering the prestiege probably will lower the possibility of getting fired.
Yes. I created my Florida team on TeamBuilder, set all of the school ratings to D- and then started a new OD. My contract requirements were 5 wins. Even if you were to only win 1 or 2 games, you're very unlikely to be fired on a contract that low.

I'd be willing to do the TeamBuilder setup for each team, though it make take me some time with the holiday weekend coming up.

JBHuskers
07-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Yes. I created my Florida team on TeamBuilder, set all of the school ratings to D- and then started a new OD. My contract requirements were 5 wins. Even if you were to only win 1 or 2 games, you're very unlikely to be fired on a contract that low.

I'd be willing to do the TeamBuilder setup for each team, though it make take me some time with the holiday weekend coming up.

I'm not in an uber rush (with the holiday starting). It's like our usual waiting period for when the new NCAA game came out anyways :D if you don't mind, I say let's go for it. It gives us the most realistic death penalty OD option IMO.

skipwondah33
07-02-2014, 05:44 PM
I like our current set up and conferences

Being fired isn't end all is it? We simply join again right? We won't gain much XP anyway to be substantial so starting over XP wouldn't be detrimental IMO.

gschwendt
07-02-2014, 05:54 PM
I like our current set up and conferences

Being fired isn't end all is it? We simply join again right? We won't gain much XP anyway to be substantial so starting over XP wouldn't be detrimental IMO.
Rejoining over & over could cause bugs eventually. The biggest issue with losing your coach level/XP is that if someone doesn't get fired, they may finish the season at level 8 (I've seen it in some of my sims) so that means you're just further into a hole... a rich get richer sort of thing.

Oneback
07-02-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm actually kind of surprised we didn't decide to go the team builder route to begin with just due to ease of setup for what we're wanting to do. It'd be nice as well however to have someone control over how my team is constructed by building it myself via team builder much like if a real coach were to hold tryouts for a new team he'd be looking for a certain number of players at each position. I understand that comes with a new set of challenges however, we'd have to come up with a set up rules we'd all have to abide by when constructing our team - whats the highest and average OVR we must have for our team, average attributes by position, etc. That being said, if we could come up with a framework of average attributes per position potentially using the roster we already have put together I'd be willing to ensure all the rules are being followed. I've got Friday - Wednesday off so I'd have some time to double check everything.

I'm tired and sort of rambled so here's a quick breakdown of what I'm thinking on QB speed:

***numbers are random***

QB SPD high - 82
QB SPD low - 55
QB SPD avg - 68

Going by this the highest you could have your QB speed attribute is 82, the low really wouldn't matter, but the average speed of all your quarterbacks on the roster couldn't exceed 68. We'd create a rule for each attribute for each player prior to building our team.

I know its a lot of work but I could probably have the high and averages worked out by EOD tomorrow or sometime Friday at the latest.

skipwondah33
07-02-2014, 06:11 PM
I'd rather just go that route still or just go the pick powerhouse teams as is or updated 2014-2015 rosters.

Could always schedule cupcake non conference teams

Papa LoneStar
07-02-2014, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't mind team builder....been dying to use my LSC Outlaws since we had that 5 game run in 2010?

skipwondah33
07-02-2014, 07:55 PM
I just don't care for the creation/building method much. Just want to play. Hell I'd join the current Powerhouse season if it continued.

Like the idea of us starting from bottom. Really not sure why the option to turn off Carousel wasn't included.

As much as I don't care for playing on lower setting could go All-American difficulty first 2 seasons or so and whatever recruiting difficulty you guys have used. Then when teams build up a little go Heisman.

In the end I'm a newcomer again and will go the route of the rest of you guys. Just was excited with LSU lol

gschwendt
07-02-2014, 08:11 PM
I personally am not in favor of us building our teams from scratch on TeamBuilder and really not big on the idea of using actual created teams. My idea was just to create the existing teams we'll be using (Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, LSU, etc.) in TeamBuilder and using the Death Penalty rosters.

I'll go along with whatever is decided, just voicing my opinion.

JeffHCross
07-02-2014, 08:25 PM
While I understand the team improved TeamBuilder a lot since I made my 1995 Buckeyes, there were a lot of limitations, and I'm not sure all have been resolved. I wouldn't prefer to go down that route, though like G I'm okay with what everyone else wants. But I agree with him that just creating our DP teams in TB is the right way to go. Otherwise there's so many rules and whatever to discuss.

Escobar
07-03-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm like skip, I just want to play lol. If we do the teambuilder thing, I'd rather import the death penalty rosters into it than do creation. I would change Michigan's default away uniform though.

marcotte14
07-03-2014, 07:14 AM
I'm good with whatever really, just so as long I can play with all of Oregon's uniforms as that's one of the reasons I chose them.

gschwendt
07-03-2014, 07:25 AM
I'm good with whatever really, just so as long I can play with all of Oregon's uniforms as that's one of the reasons I chose them.
If we went TeamBuilder, you would only get 2 helmets, 4 jerseys, and 2 pants.

skipwondah33
07-03-2014, 07:26 AM
I'm good with whatever really, just so as long I can play with all of Oregon's uniforms as that's one of the reasons I chose them.Yeah that and the stadium was only reason I wanted them as well lol

psuexv
07-03-2014, 09:35 AM
I say we go with the current setup as using the existing teams with the new rosters that G has. If we get fired then we just rejoin as our old team. Granted there is the XP bug but since we will all probably get fired then the bug will affect us all. The issue now with the bug is that some people are still gaining XP and new users would not. If for some reason there are a few coaches that don't get fired then after a few seasons they can just retire and rejoin so they can't progress or they simply cannot add coaching skills so we are all at the same level. We can set the Coach XP to the max 20 after a few years when we would have been up to that level anyway.

The only issue I see is with history and coach prestige but I'm ok with that so we can actually do the DP route.

I don't want to do the lower tier conferences so we can possibly get 9 wins the first couple of years since to me that seems to negate doing the DP since there really shouldn't be a way that a team coming off of the DP would be able to get 9 wins.

JBHuskers
07-03-2014, 09:47 AM
I personally am not in favor of us building our teams from scratch on TeamBuilder and really not big on the idea of using actual created teams. My idea was just to create the existing teams we'll be using (Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, LSU, etc.) in TeamBuilder and using the Death Penalty rosters.

I'll go along with whatever is decided, just voicing my opinion.

Yeah I knew what you meant with the TeamBuilder choice, and that's what I think is the best. It allows to lower our prestiege and not get fired.

Oneback
07-03-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm good with whatever we decide to do. Was just a thought.

gschwendt
07-03-2014, 01:26 PM
I've finished creating Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, & LSU in TeamBuilder.

I'm still of the mindset that that's the best way to go... the downside being only that our alternate uniforms will be less.

For the teams I've created, I followed this process:

Set school name, nickname, etc. based on the real team
Set coach name a derivative of each coach's username (ie Lazy Dayz, One Back, Skip Wondah, etc.) That shouldn't matter though as we'll be creating our own coaches.
Set school prestige to :1star:
Set both primary & secondary logos to the in-game logo
Used the logos to pick the team colors
Used the in-game stadium & field art
Used the primary uniform pieces and the most recent alternates available in TB
Chose the team's mascot from in-game
Set all program ratings to D- except Academic is set to C
Set the Offensive playbook to the team's playbook (defense defaults at 4-3) but won't matter once we create our coaches.

For the roster, I followed these steps:

Created an OD using the Death Penalty rosters so that I can browse the rosters and TeamBuilder side by side
In TB, set each team's roster template as their own (ie Arkansas uses the Arkansas template) so that pipelines will be based on that team.
I then edited each of the players based on the DP rosters concentrating on the key ratings for each player. I did double check so that you don't have a QB with 90MCV or the like.
Any left over players on the TB roster, I set to a Senior and lowered every rating to 1 so they can't be used elsewhere and so that they won't effect use when it comes to Team Needs in recruiting.

For #3 above, once I've completed your team, you'll want to take a look at it so that if you have a player that you planned to move to another position after the first season, you'll want to make sure his key attributes are there. I checked on these for just about everyone but I may have missed one here & there.

I'm going to keep working through today and maybe some more later tonight. I hope to have them all completed by the end of the weekend at the latest.

JBHuskers
07-03-2014, 02:22 PM
If that is the downside, I can live with it. I think this is the best way.

gschwendt
07-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Michigan is completed.

Also, one other note... if you look at your TeamBuilder team, you'll notice that the FS & SS OVRs are lower than they should be. For some reason, TB calculates their OVRs wrong but once they're brought into the game, everything is correct.

gschwendt
07-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Nebraska done.

That leaves 6 more schools: Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Texas, UCLA, & USC.

skipwondah33
07-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Does the stadiums and their effect carry over? Pretty much only reason I chose LSU other than the gold helmet, purple uni and yellow pants combo...otherwise known as their alternate uni.

gschwendt
07-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Does the stadiums and their effect carry over? Pretty much only reason I chose LSU other than the gold helmet, purple uni and yellow pants combo...otherwise known as their alternate uni.

You'll still have the stadium but I'm not sure how the home field advantage will work. You'll still have their gold/purple/yellow uniform combo as well.

gschwendt
07-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Here's links for each of the schools if you want to take a look at them on the web:
Arkansas (http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2250867113:1404393969)
Auburn (http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2250867113:1404396510)
Florida (http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2250867113:1404329016)
LSU (http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2250867113:1404407883)
Michigan (http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2250867113:1404417451)
Nebraska (http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2250867113:1404426385)

If those don't work, this search result should:
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/browse/search/most_recent/0/author:gschwendt;ps3:1;sku:4

If you have any feedback about the uniforms, example if you want a different alternate or want me to create a custom alternate (give specifics), feel free to let me know and I can tweak them.

skipwondah33
07-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Cool hopefully home field advantage too.

Will the white helmet be available as well? Not a big deal if not I know that uni was the Pro Combat one.

gschwendt
07-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Cool hopefully home field advantage too.

Will the white helmet be available as well? Not a big deal if not I know that uni was the Pro Combat one.
Yes, you'll have the white helmet. Open the link above (or download it in game) and you can see all of the uniform combinations.

skipwondah33
07-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Tried link from phone but haven't from computer yet. Will in game here soon.

skipwondah33
07-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Checked it out. Looks good man, thanks G.

Position changes aren't in effect yet are they?

gschwendt
07-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Checked it out. Looks good man, thanks G.

Position changes aren't in effect yet are they?
Yeah... I'm pretty sure I got yours already. Let me know if I missed something.

skipwondah33
07-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Thought one of my DT's was to OLine. I had 4 DT's and I still show as 4. Should have gave me 3 unless you had to add some guys to roster.

I know I only had 2 changes lol

Don't even remember their names

gschwendt
07-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Ohio State completed
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2250867113:1404442980

gschwendt
07-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Thought one of my DT's was to OLine. I had 4 DT's and I still show as 4. Should have gave me 3 unless you had to add some guys to roster.

I know I only had 2 changes lol

Don't even remember their names
Yeah, your moves were:

Name
Old
Pos
New
Pos

David Murphy
DT
LG

Chase McInctyre
ROLB
LOLB

But because you have to have 4 DTs, I moved your worst OL (Steve Fuller) to DT to give you 4.

skipwondah33
07-03-2014, 11:53 PM
Thought I had to have more lineman reason I moved the DT over. Thinking of the Madden requirement may me different on NCAA.

Oh and no doesn't preserve home field advantage. Our stadium records are zero and we are placed at end. Strangely the squibbly stuff is still there though.

That was a great scrimmage too man

JeffHCross
07-04-2014, 12:05 AM
One issue with TeamBuilder that I don't recall them fixing is the random assigning of redshirts when opening a dynasty. So there's that to consider.

G, did you try to replicate the Class for everyone? I noticed a lot more Seniors than I have. Maybe others won't care; just I noticed. Or is this something you're slowly updating

Also, are we sure that reducing all of our Recruiting Pitches is necessary or in our best interests? I don't know what the normal result of 5-years of Death Penalty is, but I would still think some of the pitches would be better than D-. But if it's necessary to reduce our contract wins, then so be it.

Oh and no doesn't preserve home field advantage. Our stadium records are zero and we are placed at end. Strangely the squibbly stuff is still there though.True, though (thankfully) they finally made it so you could actually move up the list with a TeamBuilder team, and quickly. Much better than it was when I used it :)

gschwendt
07-04-2014, 12:10 AM
You're right about redshirts... there's no way to assign redshirts in TB so those won't be accurate across the board. That said though, my thought is that few if any of these players are going to be long term solutions so redshirts won't play too big of a deal IMO. Plus, some who haven't redshirted will already be marked redshirted whereas others who have will be marked without a redshirt so it balances itself out in the end.

As far as the Seniors, I'm assuming you're seeing all of the dummy players that were in the template that I couldn't get rid of. Since our Death Penalty teams only have ~50 players on the roster and the template has ~65, the extras I just assigned as Seniors and set all of their ratings to 1. That way they can't contribute and plus they won't effect playing time, team needs, etc. since they graduate after the first season.

For the pitches, we can certainly play with bumping some of those up. I did drop them all just to make sure that the contract is as low as possible but it's certainly something we can play around with to find a good balance. If you want to test creating a team on TB and adjusting their ratings up & down to see what the contracts end up in an OD, I'd certainly appreciate it.

JeffHCross
07-04-2014, 12:15 AM
Ugh ... pisses me off that they don't have the 2012 Pro Combat uniforms available for OSU. They're the only halfway decent Pro Combat unis we have, and they're the only ones that aren't available.

Part of me wants to switch to Air Force, just because they're significantly more bad-ass uniforms. But, oh well, they'd be much, much harder to actually play with.

JeffHCross
07-04-2014, 12:21 AM
As far as the Seniors, I'm assuming you're seeing all of the dummy players that were in the template that I couldn't get rid of. Since our Death Penalty teams only have ~50 players on the roster and the template has ~65, the extras I just assigned as Seniors and set all of their ratings to 1. That way they can't contribute and plus they won't effect playing time, team needs, etc. since they graduate after the first season.

For the pitches, we can certainly play with bumping some of those up. I did drop them all just to make sure that the contract is as low as possible but it's certainly something we can play around with to find a good balance. If you want to test creating a team on TB and adjusting their ratings up & down to see what the contracts end up in an OD, I'd certainly appreciate it.Good point. I didn't think about the roster sizes.

If I don't go to bed in a few minutes, I can give it a try. Can you load up the dynasty you grabbed the rosters from? Just to give me an idea about where our ratings ended up? It'd be nice if we could use that dynasty as a template of sorts. At least give me a team or two?

gschwendt
07-04-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm headed to bed... I'll go through the teams tomorrow and list them. That said, I think I tweaked them before I started but I'd have to go back and look.

Either way though, I don't think 5 years is enough damage in the game as far as those ratings go.

Escobar
07-04-2014, 01:10 AM
For uniform changes can you make

Alternate Helmet:
Stripe 8
Style: Base color is white, stripe color is Mich blue
Chinstrap: white
Facemask: mich blue

Home Jersey:
Left Shoulder: Numbers: college-no outline, maize
Collar style: no collar
Chest logo: maize M
Jersey style: no pattern, color is mich blue
cuff style: no pattern

For my away jersey,
Collar: collar 2 in Michigan blue,
Chest logo: maize M,
Jersey Style: Stripe 67: Stripe Color 1 is maize, Stripe Color 2 is Michigan blue.
Left shoulder logo: Numbers: College 2-outlines: Base color M blue, outline 1 color M blue, outline 2 color is maize.
Cuff style: no cuffs

Default Pants:
Stripe 10
Left side logo: maize M
pants colors: base color is white, stripe 1 color is maize, stripe 2 color is mich blue
left front logo: maize M
right side logo: maize M

JeffHCross
07-04-2014, 01:58 AM
Either way though, I don't think 5 years is enough damage in the game as far as those ratings go.It'd give me a place to start. I'll create a handful of copies of the same team, with various ratings and see if there's a difference in the contracts.

Oneback
07-04-2014, 06:13 AM
Could you make the following two changes:

Mike Smith LOLB to ROLB
Jeff Mullins MLB to ROLB

gschwendt
07-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Good point. I didn't think about the roster sizes.

If I don't go to bed in a few minutes, I can give it a try. Can you load up the dynasty you grabbed the rosters from? Just to give me an idea about where our ratings ended up? It'd be nice if we could use that dynasty as a template of sorts. At least give me a team or two?

Prog Tradition
TV Exposure
Stadium
Pro Potential
Academics
Facilities
Campus
Coach Stability
Championship

Team
S1
S6
S1
S6
S1
S6
S1
S6
S1
S6
S1
S6
S1
S6
S1
S6
S1
S6

Arkansas
B+
B+
B+
C
B
C-
B
D
B-
B-
B-
D
C+
C+
C-
D-
D-
D-

Auburn
A
A
A+
B-
B+
C-
B+
D
B+
A-
B+
C-
C
C
D
D-
D-
D-

Florida
A
A
A+
B-
A
D+
A+
D
A-
A-
A-
C
A
A
C+
D-
D-
D-

LSU
A
A
A+
B-
A
C-
A+
D
B-
B-
A-
C+
A
A
A
D-
D-
D-

gschwendt
07-04-2014, 09:21 AM
For uniform changes can you make

Alternate Helmet:
Stripe 8
Style: Base color is white, stripe color is Mich blue
Chinstrap: white
Facemask: mich blue

Home Jersey:
Left Shoulder: Numbers: college-no outline, maize
Collar style: no collar
Chest logo: maize M
Jersey style: no pattern, color is mich blue
cuff style: no pattern

For my away jersey,
Collar: collar 2 in Michigan blue,
Chest logo: maize M,
Jersey Style: Stripe 67: Stripe Color 1 is maize, Stripe Color 2 is Michigan blue.
Left shoulder logo: Numbers: College 2-outlines: Base color M blue, outline 1 color M blue, outline 2 color is maize.
Cuff style: no cuffs

Default Pants:
Stripe 10
pants colors: base color is white, stripe 1 color is maize, stripe 2 color is mich blue
left front logo: maize M
Done.

For anyone else that makes uniform requests, this is exactly how it needs to be. Escobar, you get a gold star!

gschwendt
07-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Could you make the following two changes:

Mike Smith LOLB to ROLB
Jeff Mullins MLB to ROLB
Auburn's base template only has 2 ROLB... I can only do 1 of those and since that would leave you would with only 2 MLBs, I did the Smith move.

Just FYI for everyone, here are the position requirements:

3QB, 3HB, 2FB, 5WR (or 1FB, 6WR), 3OT, 3OG, 2C, 4DE, 4DT, 4OLB, 3MLB, 4CB, 2FS, 2SS

JeffHCross
07-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Okay, I tested seven Teambuilder teams with various settings for the Program Ratings. I based it on G's Arkansas ratings above for Season 6, plus kind of the average of the four teams he included.

Here's the ratings I used for the "Base" team.
Academics: B+
Campus: B
Coach Prestige: D-
Championship: D-
Athletic Facilities: C-
Fan Base: B
Pro Potential: D
Program Tradition: B+
TV Exposure: C
School Prestige: 1-star

The variations were as follows: High Program Tradition, Low Program Tradition, High Champ Contend, High Everything, Low Everything, and Base with a Lower OVR (I lowered everyone 70+ to below 50 OVR). All teams used the Cupcake roster template.

Just in case there's variation, I tested three times, including replacing different teams. There was no change on any attempt.

Team
Contract Wins Goal

Base

High Tradition

Low Tradition

High Contend

High Every

Low Every

Lower OVR

High Everything, Low Tradition

So it looks like the only thing that will bump us up to 6 wins is a High Program Tradition rating; nothing else matters. So here's what I would propose:

Academics: Whatever our school would be on the original roster (didn't change in your test)
Campus: Whatever our school would be on the original roster (didn't change)
Coach Prestige: D-
Championship: D-
Athletic Facilities: Five steps down from base roster (1 per year), or give everyone a C
Fan Base: B or higher (see next post)
Pro Potential: D
TV Exposure: B-
Program Tradition: The big question, eh? According to your table, this didn't change despite our teams hitting rock bottom for five years. So that makes me concerned about how quickly we'll be able to recover. Honestly, that surprises me, because in my test dynasty with our horrible teams, Ohio State's dropped like a rock after just one 1-11 year. Could you sanity check and make sure that they really didn't change? Because it obviously needs to be low so we have a 5-win contract, but if it can't go up, then we might be sinking ourselves long-term?

JeffHCross
07-04-2014, 12:29 PM
So, I just loaded up a dynasty with G's rosters. I can't explain this, but every time I go to sign a contract with Ohio State, it shows their Program Tradition as A+. Arkansas, for example, is B+.

I started a dynasty with Kansas instead. In the Pre-Season, I went to the My School ratings and Arkansas now shows as D. Ohio State is down to C-. But Ohio State's target wins is still 11, so that isn't a workaround for this whole TeamBuilder effort though. But it gives me an idea of what our Tradition ratings "should" be?

Arkansas - D
Auburn - D+
Florida - D+
LSU - C-
Michigan - C-
Nebraska - C-
Ohio State - C-
Oregon - D
Penn State - D+
Texas - C-
UCLA - D+
USC - C-

Fan Base doesn't appear to matter, or show up anywhere. I just tested two TeamBuilder teams, one with Fan Base at A+ and the other at D-. They ended up both being in the low 40k fans by the end of the year (in a 50k stadium) with 3-9 records. The team with the lower rating was actually higher. I'd say we just set everyone at B or higher, and just make it consistent across the board.

JeffHCross
07-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Proposed Team Ratings (areas that aren't all the same in bold):

Rating
:Arkansas:
:Auburn:
:Florida:
:LSU:
:Michigan:
:Nebraska:
:Ohio_State:
:Oregon:
:Penn_State:
:Texas:
:UCLA:
:USC:

Academics

B-

B+

A-

B-

A

B

A-

B

A

A

A+

A+

Campus Life

C+

C

A

A

B+

B-

A-

B

B

A+

A-

A

Coach Prestige

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

Championship

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

D-

Facilities

D

C-

C

C+

C+

C+

B-

B-

C-

B-

D-

D+

Fan Base

B

B

B

B

B

B

B

B

B

B

B

B

Pro Potential

D

D

D

D

D

D

D

D

D

D

D

D

Tradition

D

D+

D+

C-

C-

C-

C-

D

D+

C-

D+

C-

TV Exposure

B-

B-

B-

B-

B-

B-

B-

B-

B-

B-

B-

B-

Escobar
07-04-2014, 01:08 PM
I'm cool with those team ratings.

Escobar
07-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Done. For anyone else that makes uniform requests, this is exactly how it needs to be. Escobar, you get a gold star!

Hey G, I just checked the uni's. On the default pants, can you move the logo from the right front to the right side and remove the left front logo. That way there are no logos in the front, and one on each side of the pants.

Escobar
07-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Also when I imported into the game, stripe color 2 for the pants showed up as gray for some reason. I would just reselect the Mich blue to see if it sticks.

marcotte14
07-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Oregon's uniforms request

Helmet
Primary - Liquid Metal
Alt - Lightening Yellow

Jersey
Home - Black
Home Alt - Yellow
Away - White 1
Away Alt - White 2

Pants
Primary - Green 1
Alt - Yellow

gschwendt
07-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Hey G, I just checked the uni's. On the default pants, can you move the logo from the right front to the right side and remove the left front logo. That way there are no logos in the front, and one on each side of the pants.

Also when I imported into the game, stripe color 2 for the pants showed up as gray for some reason. I would just reselect the Mich blue to see if it sticks.
I've updated them. Try it now and let me know what you think.

Oregon's uniforms request

Helmet
Primary - Liquid Metal
Alt - Lightening Yellow

Jersey
Home - Black
Home Alt - Yellow
Away - White 1
Away Alt - White 2

Pants
Primary - Green 1
Alt - Yellow
Good timing. I've started on Oregon and was going to ask you what you wanted for uniforms. I probably won't be able to work again on them until Sunday but if I get time before, I'll let you know.

skipwondah33
07-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Thanks for all the work with this G and Jeff. Appreciate it fellas.

skipwondah33
07-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Now that I think about it wish we could have another alternate.

I'd ask for a black one as my alternate lol, like every other school has it seems

Escobar
07-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Hey G, the colors still didn't show up right. I'm just going to change my pants:

Default Pants:
Stripe: none
pants color: maize
left side logo: logo 2
right side logo: logo 2

Alternate Pants:
Stripe 15
left front logo: logo 2
right front logo: none
pants colors: base color is white, stripe 1 color is Michigan blue, stripe 2 color is Michigan blue, stripe 3 color is maize

Also if you could:
Away jersey:
change chest logo from M to logo 2.

Logo 2: make the white background transparent inside teambuilder
http://insidepitch.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/migh.jpg

gschwendt
07-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Done.

gschwendt
07-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Oregon completed
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2250867113:1404496012

gschwendt
07-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Penn State completed. I had to use the Pitt roster template because PSU had no FBs on their roster.
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2250867113:1404659758

Texas, UCLA, & USC remain.

skipwondah33
07-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Nice.

I'm anxious to get another scrimmage in G if you have some time free. Know that process was a pain probably that you had to go through for us to play, but if your game let me know

Escobar
07-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Nice.

I'm anxious to get another scrimmage in G if you have some time free. Know that process was a pain probably that you had to go through for us to play, but if your game let me know

Did y'all have to set up a test od? If we can still play unranked games with teambuilder teams, I'm down for a scrimmage tonight if anyone wants to.

Escobar
07-06-2014, 03:04 PM
I played a game last night, 6 min quarters using sliders from our first powerhouse season, but with qb acc at 10. I won against Iowa 13-10 in OT. This is a picture of the game stats. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxj6s-5nJg4oZ29nTFBzWjNPcEE/edit?usp=docslist_api

gschwendt
07-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Did y'all have to set up a test od? If we can still play unranked games with teambuilder teams, I'm down for a scrimmage tonight if anyone wants to.
Yeah... I had to setup a test OD. There's an option when setting up online games to use TeamBuilder teams but for us it would just sit there after it transferred data back & forth.

skipwondah33
07-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Yeah not sure what was going on.

I actually liked what I saw with my team though I know G didn't throw the entire arsenal out. Fooling around with play books I'll likely go with one I tested

gschwendt
07-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Texas completed.
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2250867113:1404677305

gschwendt
07-06-2014, 07:29 PM
UCLA completed. Used Fresno State's roster template due to FB.
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2250867113:1404692907

Not sure if I'll have time to work on USC tonight or not but if not, I should be able to complete it tomorrow morning. Then I just have to go back and make sure all of the teams School Ratings are set properly and do a final check through the rosters.

Last chance for any feedback on rosters or uniforms.

gschwendt
07-07-2014, 09:40 AM
All teams are completed including updating their School Ratings.
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/browse/search/most_recent/0/author:gschwendt;ps3:1;sku:4

One thing I would suggest is for us to use the default rosters (named or random, either one) for all of the other teams that way we don't have to worry about any weird inconsistencies or bugs created from the dynasty generated rosters.

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 10:34 AM
All teams are completed including updating their School Ratings.

One thing I would suggest is for us to use the default rosters (named or random, either one) for all of the other teams that way we don't have to worry about any weird inconsistencies or bugs created from the dynasty generated rosters.

I'm fine with that. Can you fuse a random generated roster set in with the TeamBuilder teams?

gschwendt
07-07-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm fine with that. Can you fuse a random generated roster set in with the TeamBuilder teams?
Yeah.

Escobar
07-07-2014, 02:13 PM
How about 2014 rosters with our teams? That way we don't have to worry about the existing dominant playyers who left early like Manziel.

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 02:31 PM
How about 2014 rosters with our teams? That way we don't have to worry about the existing dominant playyers who left early like Manziel.

G said we'll run into less problems with default rosters with random names.

gschwendt
07-07-2014, 03:10 PM
G said we'll run into less problems with default rosters with random names.
No, 2014 rosters would be fine... I'm just saying to not use the Death Penalty roster set I created.

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 03:13 PM
No, 2014 rosters would be fine... I'm just saying to not use the Death Penalty roster set I created.

Oh okay, sorry confused your message there.

gschwendt
07-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Escobar, can you post the roster set you had in mind. I think JB is going to start the OD later tonight and I want to make sure he doesn't have to hunt for them.

Also JB, make sure you download the latest version of all teambuilder teams... There might be older teams with the same name (ex. 2 copies of Michigan).

gschwendt
07-07-2014, 07:46 PM
I found this roster set:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/742315-2014-2015-roster-ncaa-14-ps3.html

It's stored under the name randallb21. They're not completed but I downloaded it and it appears that at least everyone is graduated that should and most have had their ratings adjusted to some degree (ex Winston is a 99). I'd say let's roll with those.

skipwondah33
07-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Sounds good to me

Escobar
07-07-2014, 08:20 PM
I found this roster set:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/742315-2014-2015-roster-ncaa-14-ps3.html

It's stored under the name randallb21. They're not completed but I downloaded it and it appears that at least everyone is graduated that should and most have had their ratings adjusted to some degree (ex Winston is a 99). I'd say let's roll with those.

I just saw your post, but those were the rosters I was going to post anyway. I'm going to play a test game at A&M with the same sliders I used last time.

gschwendt
07-07-2014, 08:20 PM
I started to setup the OD tonight and then pass it to JB after he joined but I'm not sure what the final decision was for custom conferences. I believe JB was talking like he was going to make our conferences 9 teams with 4 users in each of the conferences. However, before I did that, I wanted to be sure that's what was decided. I'll let JB set it up or if he's unable to tonight, I'll set it up tomorrow during the day.

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm still out and about, but not for much longer. Are sliders set up and everything?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

skipwondah33
07-07-2014, 08:48 PM
I thought it set up evenly and perfectly for SEC, B1G 10 and Pac-10?

4 users a piece

Escobar
07-07-2014, 08:54 PM
:+1:

4 users a piece

gschwendt
07-07-2014, 09:39 PM

4 users a piece

Correct, except that the teams aren't evenly spread across divisions. As well, with divisions, you have less control over how many user games each team plays. Without divisions, everyone plays everyone in conference. Plus you can add ooc UvU games.

skipwondah33
07-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Gotcha. You guys know more than me, I don't know how the conference-divisions are set up completely.

Especially since the shift

gschwendt
07-07-2014, 09:49 PM
I've setup the OD after talking custom conferences with JB. B1G, SEC, and Pac each have 9 teams with 4 users in each (Texas moved to Pac). That will give us 8 conference games, 3 of which are UvU. I moved the weakest teams to other conferences.

Everyone should have an invite from me to join. Once JB joins, I'll turn everything over to him. He can adjust sliders, set schedules, etc. from there.

skipwondah33
07-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Sweet.

Thanks for the work put in for this G

gschwendt
07-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Sweet.

Thanks for the work put in for this G

On one hand, I'm glad to do it... On the other hand, I'm glad it's liver and we're finally kicking this thing off.

razorback44
07-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Awesome work G, appreciate it!

I won't be as to accept my invite until I get off work tomorrow afternoon but I will knock everything out then.

skipwondah33
07-07-2014, 10:19 PM
On one hand, I'm glad to do it... On the other hand, I'm glad it's liver and we're finally kicking this thing off.know what you mean man.

Been looking over my roster at work figuring out who's going where

gschwendt
07-07-2014, 10:53 PM
JB, when setting the schedules, if possible, I recommend giving everyone a difficult first game in week 1. Some are still ranked and if we can lose those week 1, it'd be best.

Plus, since we're all starting out at level 1, if some have a game while others don't, they'll get an early advantage in coach XP.

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Thank you G for doing all this.

JBHuskers
07-08-2014, 09:15 AM
Everything is set up for G to transfer the commish to me, then I'll work on sliders hopefully tonight. I won't be home until 10 or 11 central though.

marcotte14
07-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Everything is set up for G to transfer the commish to me, then I'll work on sliders hopefully tonight. I won't be home until 10 or 11 central though.

What kind of changes to the sliders are you thinking? I looked at the set that G setup, and it looks like a great start.

JBHuskers
07-08-2014, 09:55 AM
What kind of changes to the sliders are you thinking? I looked at the set that G setup, and it looks like a great start.

Last I had talked to G, the sliders weren't set up. Just going to match what they were for Powerhouse. If they're set up, then that's one less thing to do.

JeffHCross
07-08-2014, 01:54 PM
BTW guys, I'm currently working 9 pm to 5 am central. So I'll be all over the place regarding when I'm doing stuff. It should only be for a month or so, and I'll probably just put myself on autopilot and let my B1G compatriots play the CPU for Season 1.

psusnoop
07-08-2014, 03:18 PM
RTA :)

JeffHCross
07-08-2014, 03:28 PM
For those of us (me) that haven't played in a Dynasty all year: sanity check, what can the Commish edit in an active dynasty? Can JB edit our teams? Can he edit the depth chart of CPU teams?

JBHuskers
07-08-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't think I can do either.

gschwendt
07-08-2014, 06:04 PM

Last I had talked to G, the sliders weren't set up. Just going to match what they were for Powerhouse. If they're set up, then that's one less thing to do.
There are sliders in place... the sliders I had set for my offline games. I believe they're largely based on the original sliders we started with when we first started Powerhouse (the ones Escobar recommended). I've tweaked here & there but I think they offer a good challenge. That said, if we want to totally scrap those sliders, you're certainly welcome to, though I haven't passed it to you because my pet rock is acting up again today.

For those of us (me) that haven't played in a Dynasty all year: sanity check, what can the Commish edit in an active dynasty? Can JB edit our teams? Can he edit the depth chart of CPU teams?

I don't think I can do either.
Yes. The commissioner can modify anything in the players (name, number, equipment and ratings). I don't believe he can modify depth charts but I'm not sure.

JBHuskers
07-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Okay cool. If I'm not too hammered I'll get things going tonight when I get home. How ready is everyone with the preseason? I haven't looked.

skipwondah33
07-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah if those were the ones we used G they seemed pretty good.

I'm finished with preseason tasks just didn't hit RTA

Escobar
07-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Okay cool. If I'm not too hammered I'll get things going tonight when I get home. How ready is everyone with the preseason? I haven't looked.

Only 7 teams have accepted the invites. Oneback and texaco are two that I noticed have not accepted off the top of my head.

psusnoop
07-08-2014, 06:47 PM
E hasn't yet either.

JeffHCross
07-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Yes. The commissioner can modify anything in the players (name, number, equipment and ratings). I don't believe he can modify depth charts but I'm not sure.

Okay cool. If I'm not too hammered I'll get things going tonight when I get home. How ready is everyone with the preseason? I haven't looked. Primary thing I need edited is that I have an LOLB that is 93 OVR. Either he needs edited to be a pathetic player or just needs his year edited to be non-redshirt so I can redshirt him. If you can get to it before 8 central then I could redshirt him. Otherwise it would have to wait until the morning, so it would probably be better to edit him down if it's later.

If you have the ability to change CPU depth charts, I noticed that Boston College has a WR for starting QB. Didn't look at all the other teams.

Escobar
07-08-2014, 07:41 PM
If you have the ability to change CPU depth charts, I noticed that Boston College has a WR for starting QB. Didn't look at all the other teams.

Did you check to see if he was an ATH? Once the cpu sets their position their freshman year, they never change them again.

skipwondah33
07-08-2014, 07:55 PM
If you have the ability to change CPU depth charts, I noticed that Boston College has a WR for starting QB. Didn't look at all the other teams.Good find Jeff.

Yeah with our teams we probably have guys at positions like that as well.

I know I had WR's at TE, LB's at DT and DE and LB's at the Safety spots.

Also had a WR at FI

Went through my depth chart at corrected those as well as the 2nd and 3rd spots for depth.

marcotte14
07-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Is there a way we can get ahold of the guys who haven't joined yet? JB can't do the schedules unless everyone joins right?

psuexv
07-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Is there a way we can get ahold of the guys who haven't joined yet? JB can't do the schedules unless everyone joins right?

JB can do the schedules now in the preseason

Escobar
07-08-2014, 09:10 PM
JB can do the schedules now in the preseason

But he can only edit the schedules of players who have joined. So those who haven't joined he wouldn't be able to edit, possibly leaving FCS teams on their schedule.

JBHuskers
07-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Hopefully everyone joins by tomorrow night.

razorback44
07-09-2014, 12:41 AM
I just finished mine up so we're at 9 done.

JeffHCross
07-09-2014, 06:02 AM
Did you check to see if he was an ATH? Once the cpu sets their position their freshman year, they never change them again.I didn't check, but his OVR didn't strike me as one that should be the #1 QB. Plus, I thought these were just user-edited rosters, so the CPU hasn't done anything yet.

My guess is that their QB graduated and was replaced on the roster but not the depth chart.