PDA

View Full Version : Powerhouse NCAA 14 Reboot v. 3.0 - Alternative Idea

JeffHCross
06-29-2014, 12:26 PM
With G running into some issues with the Death Penalty idea, I've been thinking about alternative ideas that could be fun, but also different from what we've done in the past. Now this may not be that different from what TGT OD is doing, or some other ODs that people here have been in ... but Powerhouse has been my only OD since NCAA 10 or so ... so that's all I've known.

Anyway, long story short I was thinking we could do something where we're still in Powerhouse conferences, but not Powerhouse teams. So, instead of Ohio State, I'd have Indiana (for example). But, to make it a little more fun, most of us were in the Powerhouse v2 dynasty ... I was thinking there could be some deal where people were allowed to bring in 5 players from a former dynasty team. Like I'd pick five players from my Florida State team on NCAA 13 that I had to quit because of my new job.

Just an idea. Got another one?

Papa LoneStar
06-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Earl Campbell Jr from NCAA 11....lol

ryby6969
06-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Earl Campbell Jr from NCAA 11....lol

I thought he was from NCAA 12?

Papa LoneStar
06-29-2014, 06:50 PM
I thought he was from NCAA 12?

During our 2 season run in 12....I had Arkansas

JeffHCross
06-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Obligatory joke about Papa using some player from Arkansas.

- written before his post above -

ryby6969
06-30-2014, 02:17 PM
During our 2 season run in 12....I had Arkansas
Okay, was getting my years messed up lol.

JBHuskers
06-30-2014, 03:40 PM
I have a new idea. Jeff brought up the idea of promotion and relegation. How about we have two 10-team conferences, 6 users a piece. One is Confernece A, the top conference, the best shot to make a title game. Conference B is lower, and has no tie ins to the top bowls. The bottom two of Conference A get relegated to Conference B and vice versa. Season one would be random draw, OR, we could take who we believe are the top 6 players of us 12 and put them in Confernece B to where they have to fight to get up to A.

psusnoop
06-30-2014, 04:11 PM
I have a new idea. Jeff brought up the idea of promotion and relegation. How about we have two 10-team conferences, 6 users a piece. One is Confernece A, the top conference, the best shot to make a title game. Conference B is lower, and has no tie ins to the top bowls. The bottom two of Conference A get relegated to Conference B and vice versa. Season one would be random draw, OR, we could take who we believe are the top 6 players of us 12 and put them in Confernece B to where they have to fight to get up to A.

Kind of interesting, play well in user games or get regulated to a lesser conference.

What about if we just take this upcoming years roster and pick teams. The catch being we rank our 12 users from top to bottom. The top 3 pick teams from ranking 100 and below, then rankings 4 through 6 pick teams from 80 to 100, then 7 through 9 take 60 to 79 ranked teams and the bottom 3 ranked users take teams ranked from 26 to 59. Maybe someone could take a thought from this and improve it, or just squash it too lolol.

marcotte14
06-30-2014, 05:16 PM
The DP OD is a great idea and I'm excited for it, but if we're running into problems, we could try someone that's simple.

Be the 3 worst teams in each of the 4 conf. (SEC,B1G,ACC,PAC12) Maybe if we some sort of restrictions, we wouldn't be able to build up our teams so quick. Maybe cut our top players, recruiting restrictions, etc. I want it to be challenging, but also not get fired the first year. I really just want to play.:)

skipwondah33
06-30-2014, 05:48 PM
I say we give me LSU's real team and call it day lol

Anxious to get started been a while. Speaking of which should be on later for a game if anyone is available...845 ish est