PDA

View Full Version : Powerhouse v. 3.0 - Death Penalty Settings

JBHuskers
06-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Let's now discuss how we are going to set up the Death Penalty Dynasty.

JBHuskers
06-24-2014, 01:12 PM
So, when we get to cut players, would we just cut the top player at each position, or how is the best way to go about doing this?

gschwendt
06-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Logistically:

Commissioner would have to edit rosters for Season 1 since players can't be cut. Edit everyone down to 40OVR or something like that.
All users would have to join during the preseason for Season 1 to make sure coaching contracts work and so that they can cut players from their team.
All users would have to turn off recruiting assistance and keep their target list empty
During each offseason, we would cut the best OVR players and keep a skeleton crew at each position
Maybe during the 5th season, we perform all of the offseason tasks (recruiting, position changes, real cuts, etc.)
Starting with the 6th season, we rebuild

We could also debate recruiting restrictions of some sort once we do start the 6th season, though those would be harder to enforce/police.

psuexv
06-24-2014, 01:22 PM
I think you need to enforce recruiting restrictions. If not it will be pretty easy to build back up quick.

I say you have it set that you have 15 schollies per year for 4 years. Everyone would just need to post up their recruits that they get and then cut any of the recruits that "walk on" after recruiting

Escobar
06-24-2014, 01:28 PM
If we run our teams into the ground, I think restrictions wouldn't be needed especially if we don't start with high recruiting skill points.

gschwendt
06-24-2014, 01:30 PM
If we run our teams into the ground, I think restrictions wouldn't be needed especially if we don't start with high recruiting skill points.
Yeah, my thought would be that we'd start our coaches at level 1. Over the course of the first 5 seasons though, we'll gain points and eventually get to a decent level... total guess but I imagine by the time we start season 6, we'd at least be to level 15 or more.

JBHuskers
06-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Damn....everyone on the team is a 40 OVR? Well I guess we're not playing those years so it makes sense.

JBHuskers
06-24-2014, 01:52 PM
I say that we don't enforce recruiting instructions. Too much to police there. I kinda wonder with years of failure if the top prospects stop wanting to put those schools in their top ten that far down the road anyways?

gschwendt
06-24-2014, 02:03 PM
I say that we don't enforce recruiting instructions. Too much to police there. I kinda wonder with years of failure if the top prospects stop wanting to put those schools in their top ten that far down the road anyways?
No... it would be a matter of your team ratings. Conference Prestige would still be high (because teams around us are winning)... playing time would obviously be high. There would still be potential to sign some of the top targets.

When I meant restrictions, I meant things like only signing 2 :4star: recruits per season or something like that.

psuexv
06-24-2014, 02:05 PM

Then I guess what's really the point of doing the death penalty? All you are doing is blowing up the rosters, no different than starting out as UMass or Georgia State except I bet teams like Alabama gain their prestige quicker and you will still have conference boosts, facilities and such that make it easier than those really low teams.

If in the first years back I can go out and sign 25 guys each year, I'll have a brand new roster in 3 years of all 70+ OVR.

marcotte14
06-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Since there will be 12 of us, maybe we an split up and have 3 users in each of the top 4 (I know theres 5) Conferences. We would still have 4 user games like we do now, 2 in conference and 2 non-conf.

Possible teams to choose from.
B1G - Ohio St, Michigan St, Michigan
SEC - Alabama,LSU,Texas A&M
PAC12 - USC,Oregon,Washington
Big12 - Texas,Oklahoma,Oklahoma St
ACC - Florida St, Clemson, Miami

Love the idea of an DP OD.:)

JBHuskers
06-24-2014, 04:49 PM
I guess it is easy to police that because you can see who has been signed recruit wise. It won't be too hard to see if someone is cheating, granted I'm pretty sure no one where would do that.

skipwondah33
06-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Dont speak so soon..I would cheat, you guys have been playing NCAA this entire time while I've been on Madden. I'm not joining to get skull drug every week hahaha

J/k about the cheating part. If I get in whatever is fine just want to play and hopefully not take too long to rebuild. I want a Powerhouse!!!

razorback44
06-24-2014, 05:45 PM
Since there will be 12 of us, maybe we an split up and have 3 users in each of the top 4 (I know theres 5) Conferences. We would still have 4 user games like we do now, 2 in conference and 2 non-conf.

Possible teams to choose from.
B1G - Ohio St, Michigan St, Michigan
SEC - Alabama,LSU,Texas A&M
PAC12 - USC,Oregon,Washington
Big12 - Texas,Oklahoma,Oklahoma St
ACC - Florida St, Clemson, Miami

Love the idea of an DP OD.:)

Wouldn't every BCS team be a possibility since we're going to kill them off anyway? Their starting rating shouldn't matter, I wouldn't think. Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

gschwendt
06-24-2014, 06:31 PM
Wouldn't every BCS team be a possibility since we're going to kill them off anyway? Their starting rating shouldn't matter, I wouldn't think. Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

You're right... Any team should be fine. I think he was just throwing out the top of each conference.

marcotte14
06-24-2014, 06:44 PM

Yeah, your right, I didn't think about it that way. G was right, I was just throwing out the "top" teams in each Big Conference. My intent was to use this as an easy conference alignment so it makes it easier for all users to have the same amount of user games. So we don't have to move teams around, keep it realistic as possible.

razorback44
06-24-2014, 07:36 PM
I was just curious because I want to take Arkansas if they're available. :D

JeffHCross
06-24-2014, 10:57 PM
My idea for a DP dynasty was to cut every non-walkon after season 1 (though you might have to leave some players just to meet minimums), then cut every new walk-on for Seasons 2-4. Then in Season 5 you have Senior walk-ons, and need to replace practically your entire team.

Never tested this out though. Was worried that a few years ago there was a bug related to having too many freshman, and that might happen here.

gschwendt
06-24-2014, 11:21 PM
I tested this evening an offline dynasty of editing the significant ratings for each player on Alabama... it took a little time but not too bad. I then simulated the season and as expected, bama went 0-12. My coach made it to level 3... I was fired though so I couldn't test further.

Tomorrow, time permitting, I'm going to try to do the same with an online dynasty so I can turn off the carousel.

JBHuskers
06-25-2014, 12:49 AM
Sweet if we can find a 12th soon, I can do a draw for picking teams, unless we want to mutually just pick. If so, I kinda want to get out of the south and play as Oregon or Nebraska.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

gschwendt
06-25-2014, 08:30 AM
Sweet if we can find a 12th soon, I can do a draw for picking teams, unless we want to mutually just pick. If so, I kinda want to get out of the south and play as Oregon or Nebraska.

I don't mind if folks have a connection to a team that they take it (JB to Nebraska, Razor to Arkansas, Papa to Texas, etc.) and then the rest of us draft teams... of course cage matches for marcotte/Jeff & snoop/exv.

JBHuskers
06-25-2014, 08:30 AM
So basically the item of business now is do we draft teams or should we just go for it since everyone is equal?

JBHuskers
06-25-2014, 08:31 AM
I don't mind if folks have a connection to a team that they take it (JB to Nebraska, Razor to Arkansas, Papa to Texas, etc.) and then the rest of us draft teams... of course cage matches for marcotte/Jeff & snoop/exv.

Hah, we posted at the same time.

skipwondah33
06-25-2014, 08:52 AM
If I get in I wanted Oregon haha

But I don't have a particular tie to any team.

marcotte14
06-25-2014, 09:10 AM
It seems like Oregon is a popular choice as I want them too!. I will also consider FSU or OSU.

psuexv
06-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Snoop can have PSU, I'd like to roll with old faithful USC.

JBHuskers
06-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Alright, I'll create a thread, use random.org, and we'll draft. Does anyone know who would want to be a 12th? Or are we just going to roll with 11?

gschwendt
06-25-2014, 10:43 AM
So I've started tinkering with the ability to export PS3 save files, edit them, then bring them back to the PS3. This will obviously be very handy for editing the rosters to set all of our players to low ratings. I'll be starting with the TGT rosters so that we have real coach names.

That said, I can also edit team information such as prestige, facility ratings, etc. I would say we would want to edit every team's prestige down to :1star: but I'd say the rest we leave alone so that each team has unique characteristics. Let me know any thoughts or questions but this will certainly make things easier as we go forward.

Right now I've just tested editing the default roster for Alabama down to 1 for each key attribute (throwing, catching, speed, etc.) and was able to bring them back to the PS3.

Here's a screenshot of what the program looks like. It requires downloading several programs but once you get them, it's not very difficult at all.

http://i.imgur.com/28VGvwh.png

marcotte14
06-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Alright, I'll create a thread, use random.org, and we'll draft. Does anyone know who would want to be a 12th? Or are we just going to roll with 11?

I'm sure we can find 1 more person by this evening, try to make it 12 to make it easier for scheduling purposes.

JBHuskers
06-25-2014, 11:06 AM
So I've started tinkering with the ability to export PS3 save files, edit them, then bring them back to the PS3. This will obviously be very handy for editing the rosters to set all of our players to low ratings. I'll be starting with the TGT rosters so that we have real coach names.

That said, I can also edit team information such as prestige, facility ratings, etc. I would say we would want to edit every team's prestige down to :1star: but I'd say the rest we leave alone so that each team has unique characteristics. Let me know any thoughts or questions but this will certainly make things easier as we go forward.

Right now I've just tested editing the default roster for Alabama down to 1 for each key attribute (throwing, catching, speed, etc.) and was able to bring them back to the PS3.

Here's a screenshot of what the program looks like. It requires downloading several programs but once you get them, it's not very difficult at all.

http://i.imgur.com/28VGvwh.png

WOW. Where was this years ago :D

gschwendt
06-25-2014, 11:45 AM
My fear is that we can't turn off Coaching Carousel in dynasties this year. Obviously that would make things rather difficult for us. I'm not sure if there's a work-around or not...

http://i.imgur.com/3YIuFXr.png

JBHuskers
06-25-2014, 11:56 AM
My fear is that we can't turn off Coaching Carousel in dynasties this year. Obviously that would make things rather difficult for us. I'm not sure if there's a work-around or not...

http://i.imgur.com/3YIuFXr.png

There isn't an option later on in the steps of setting up?

gschwendt
06-25-2014, 12:02 PM
There isn't an option later on in the steps of setting up?
I don't find the option. I also see folks on OS complaining about it as well... apparently it's new in NCAA14.

I think now our options would have to be to use the roster editor to kill the rosters & kill the teams (set prestige, win/loss records, pro potential, stability, tradition, TV exposure, BCS ranking, etc. to really low levels), and then take over our teams after 2 or 3 seasons (since starting contract is 5 seasons). I'm still testing with everything but right now that's what I see as an option.

JBHuskers
06-25-2014, 12:04 PM
K, keep working it out and let me know.

gschwendt
06-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Latest theory/suggestion...

I create an offline dynasty and go through all of the steps we originally intended for each team (kill rosters, cut players, etc.) Continue simming until I get to the start of season 6. Once I get to Season 6, then I copy those rosters/team ratings/coaches (using the save file export trick) from the offline dynasty into the new roster file. Then we create a new OD and use the data from the simmed dynasty as the data for the start of season 1.

The only thing we'd miss out on is the offseason for Season 5.

I'm still in the middle of testing this theory but I think it might work.

JBHuskers
06-25-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm cool with that.

psusnoop
06-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Thanks E! I wanted PSU :)

gschwendt
06-25-2014, 02:34 PM
So apparently when simming, you can have 1 SPD, 1 CAR, 1 CTH, but a good RET rating and still return two kickoffs for TD. I guess lesson learned so that I can set the RET rating to 1 as well.

FYI, I'm still testing things for the offline dynasty portion. I'm trying to find a way to make sure our coaches aren't fired if I can avoid it... though worst case scenario, in the offline, I just create another coach and take the team back over.

gschwendt
06-25-2014, 04:31 PM
So it appears my testing does indeed work. I was able to copy the rosters from the dynasty into a roster file and then use that to load into a new dynasty.

The process from start to finish is a bit of a pain in the ass, between the time it takes to a sim a season and then the fact that I have to stop prior to each offseason, recreate each coach as well as stop at player cuts and cut for each team. At any rate, it can be done, it just make take me some time and obviously I won't be able to start until we finalize our 12th team. We're probably looking at next week at the earliest that I could have a roster file ready to go... assuming we find a 12th today.

JeffHCross
06-26-2014, 01:08 AM
No worries, I still need to figure out how to play this game :D

skipwondah33
06-26-2014, 07:45 AM
No worries, I still need to figure out how to play this game :DMe too lol

And also thanks G for this. If you need help on the program/PC side let me know. I'm in front of a computer all day

JBHuskers
06-26-2014, 10:02 AM
So it appears my testing does indeed work. I was able to copy the rosters from the dynasty into a roster file and then use that to load into a new dynasty.

The process from start to finish is a bit of a pain in the ass, between the time it takes to a sim a season and then the fact that I have to stop prior to each offseason, recreate each coach as well as stop at player cuts and cut for each team. At any rate, it can be done, it just make take me some time and obviously I won't be able to start until we finalize our 12th team. We're probably looking at next week at the earliest that I could have a roster file ready to go... assuming we find a 12th today.

Very awesome. So once you're done, you'll just put the rosters in your locker, and then I can start setting up the OD?

gschwendt
06-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Very awesome. So once you're done, you'll just put the rosters in your locker, and then I can start setting up the OD?
Yeah... that's the plan.

gschwendt
06-26-2014, 04:31 PM
I've hit a snag... I was able to sim through 5 seasons and get all of the teams around the level that we were wanting them. However, when I bring them over to the PC, the rosters are corrupt (ie I can't copy them out of the dynasty file). I can copy the teams & coaches but not the rosters (my guess is that since I'm cutting teams down to skeleton crew, there aren't enough players). I'm going to do some more troubleshooting tomorrow to see if I can find out a way around this but at this point, worst case scenario is manually typing them which wouldn't completely terrible but I'd prefer to find another way.

skipwondah33
06-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Question does using the coaching boosts or whatever adversely effect your team vs not using them?

Reason I ask after reading Coach's post I'm likely to do the same instead of using them as boosts for the team. Just want to make sure that won't put me at a substantial disadvantage to everyone else.

gschwendt
06-27-2014, 09:11 AM
Question does using the coaching boosts or whatever adversely effect your team vs not using them?

Reason I ask after reading Coach's post I'm likely to do the same instead of using them as boosts for the team. Just want to make sure that won't put me at a substantial disadvantage to everyone else.
You'll definitely have to use them. Otherwise, you'll take 4 weeks to scout a player instead of 1 (once the scouting trait is maxed). As well, while everyone else is offering 700 points per week, you're offering 500 and will quickly get you into a hole. That's a big part of the reason that we're starting over... there's a bug in OD that after you get 4-5 seasons in, if someone new joins, they no longer get coach XP so they longer can build up their coach.

gschwendt
06-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Rosters are completed!

I've got a set uploaded to my EA Locker which will essentially be the set that we'll be using. It's not 100% finalized (ie JB don't start the OD yet) as I still need to do some testing and tweaking to try to get our coach contracts to have low requirements, but as far as the teams themselves, they're essentially done. One note, when looking at the rosters, the team order is jumbled... all of our teams appear near the beginning (Air Force, Akron, Arkansas, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, etc.) This won't be an issue though as once we get to the dynasty, it sorts itself out.

To give you an idea, here's what we're working with:

Team
OVR
OFF
DEF
Best OFF Player
Best DEF Player

Arkansas
HB - 78OVR (3 HBs > 75)
LOLB - 74OVR

Auburn
HB - 76OVR
FS - 77OVR

Florida
WR - 79OVR
LOLB - 78OVR

LSU
QB - 76OVR
ROLB - 72OVR

Michigan
QB - 76OVR
ROLB - 75OVR

Nebraska
HB - 80OVR
CB - 80OVR

Ohio State
QB - 73OVR
MLB - 76OVR

Oregon
HB - 71OVR
MLB - 79OVR

Penn State
QB - 74OVR
FS - 75OVR

Texas
HB - 78OVR
DT - 77OVR

UCLA
WR - 74OVR
SS - 71OVR

USC
WR - 80OVR
LOLB - 72OVR

To build the rosters, each team had their recruiting turned off and at the end of each season, I cut the best players to get down to the lowest team I could get. However, in the 5th offseason, I cut anyone over 80OVR and also cut the worst players to get the barest minimum available at each position (based on your team's offensive playbook; defenses were all based on 4-3). If for any reason someone doesn't like how I performed the 5th offseason, I have it saved prior to the start of the 5th season as well as the 5th offseason recruiting so I can reload that and go through it again if needed.

skipwondah33
06-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Other than recruiting do they effectively matter?

I recall there being one for players playing better on the road, fatigue, etc

Mainly those I was referring to. The scouting one I imagine is huge which should be, but seems like the others should be predicated on performance you would think. The better you are on the road, the better the players deal with the crowd, etc.

Edit: Good deal on the build of roster. I'm not sure what Defense I will even run but I know it won't be 4-3. Probably 3-4 or 3-3-5. Not sure.

gschwendt
06-27-2014, 09:33 AM
As mentioned, I'm still trying to get the team contract levels to be more within the level of our teams, however I can't quite figure out where they're stored in the save file. My hope was that if I copied the team files from the dynasty that it would also bring along poorer contracts, however in my initial test, Florida still wanted me to win 11 games my first season. I'm still testing with it but I don't know that I'll be able to come up with a solution.

If I'm not able to get it worked out, my best thought at this point would be to have us each join the lower conferences (MWC, MAC, & SBC) so that at least we have lower conference competition... as well, that would help limit our conference prestige rating in regards to recruiting.

gschwendt
06-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Other than recruiting do they effectively matter?

I recall there being one for players playing better on the road, fatigue, etc

Mainly those I was referring to. The scouting one I imagine is huge which should be, but seems like the others should be predicated on performance you would think. The better you are on the road, the better the players deal with the crowd, etc.

Edit: Good deal on the build of roster. I'm not sure what Defense I will even run but I know it won't be 4-3. Probably 3-4 or 3-3-5. Not sure.
In our current/previous iteration of Powerhouse, I didn't start filling in the HC gameplay ones until after I had essentially filled out the recruiting ones. However, you also have OC & DC traits such as +1 THA, +1 CAR, +1 PMV/FMV, etc. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether to use them or not but in our current situation, I would certainly recommend using them.

skipwondah33
06-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Gotcha, thanks G

gschwendt
06-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Going through Florida's roster, I see several position swaps that I'd like to do... any thoughts on moving players around in the roster? For example, I have two LOLBs that are 76 & 78 OVR (ROLB is 73 OVR), however my MLB is 53 OVR. I'd like to move one of my LOLBs to MLB. Additionally, I'm planning to probably run a 20 personnel offense with two FBs (no HBs) at most times... I'd like to move one of my FBs to HB.

Any thoughts? After you guys go through your teams, I'd be happy to do the same for yours, within reason of course.

skipwondah33
06-27-2014, 02:04 PM
G that sounds reasonable to me, wouldn't see why not honestly unless you guys know something I don't.

I will have my game this afternoon or tomorrow I'm sure, so can't go through my roster yet but I may be interested in changes such as yours on Defense. LB to LB, CB to S, etc.

JBHuskers
06-27-2014, 02:06 PM
No worries. Thanks for all the work. Once you get everything set up, let me know how you want it all to be set up.

gschwendt
06-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Tossing out a crazy thought here... what if we held a draft of players from these teams? Using the PC tool, I could easily swap teams for these players.

I could build a spreadsheet with every player from our 12 teams and then we all go through and draft to build our starting roster (no sense in ~50 rounds). Obviously it would take a bit of time but I think it could add an awesome dynamic to this.

Like I said though, just a crazy thought.

psuexv
06-27-2014, 02:17 PM
I thought we were taking all players down to 40 OVR?

skipwondah33
06-27-2014, 02:19 PM
I'll just take my crappy players G instead of draft lol

But I will go with whatever the majority is not a deal breaker either way.

gschwendt
06-27-2014, 02:22 PM
I thought we were taking all players down to 40 OVR?
No... that was just to get our teams in the tank and hopefully lower the quality of our teams (ie lower contract restrictions). The plan all along was to have halfway decent teams after season 5.

As far as the draft, I'm good with whatever as well, just a crazy thought that I came up with.

Escobar
06-27-2014, 02:31 PM
I would also rather keep my team than draft. If we drafted I would want to draft the majority of my team, not just the starters, because my system relies on me having a certain/complex depth.

Also if you are doing position changes, can you move my MLB Tony Cummings to ROLB and move ROLB Nick Alexander to MLB, MLB Jason Baker to LOLB and move LOLB William Bell to MLB.

skipwondah33
06-27-2014, 02:42 PM
How are ya'll seeing the rosters already?

gschwendt
06-27-2014, 02:49 PM
How are ya'll seeing the rosters already?
I imagine Escobar just downloaded them from my EA Locker and looked at his team that way.

JBHuskers
06-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Yeah I think I'd rather just keep who I have. A draft would be too much.

gschwendt
06-27-2014, 03:05 PM
I would also rather keep my team than draft. If we drafted I would want to draft the majority of my team, not just the starters, because my system relies on me having a certain/complex depth.

Also if you are doing position changes, can you move my MLB Tony Cummings to ROLB and move ROLB Nick Alexander to MLB, MLB Jason Baker to LOLB and move LOLB William Bell to MLB.
Done. Your LBs now look like this:

Name
Pos
OVR

John Wilson
LOLB

Jason Baker
LOLB

Nick Alexander
MLB

William Bell
MLB

Ian Sutton
MLB

Tony Cummings
ROLB

Matt Washington
ROLB

I made the following moves for my team (if you make requests, please layout your requests similar to this):

Name
Old
Pos
Old
OVR
New
Pos
New
OVR

Randall Williams
FB
HB

Demetrius Stewart
LOLB
MLB

Rashad Cook
MLB
LOLB

Max Callahan
C
RT

Josh Miller
LT
C

Mark Sharpe
RG
LG

Sean Shelton
RT
LT

Also, for the record, in case we decide not to do position changes, I am keeping a backup roster set prior to any changes.

skipwondah33
06-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Anxious to see my roster. May have my changes for you later game is delivered.

marcotte14
06-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Name Old Pos Old OVR New Pos New OVR

Dan Sarria LE 68 RE 68

Sam Lowery RE 49 LE 49

Brad Beard CB 66 FS 68

William Lloyd CB 63 SS 63

gschwendt
06-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Name Old Pos Old OVR New Pos New OVR

Dan Sarria LE 68 RE 68

Sam Lowery RE 49 LE 49

Brad Beard CB 66 FS 68

William Lloyd CB 63 SS 63
You'll need to move a FS & SS to CB... otherwise you'll end up with only 2 CBs.

Oneback
06-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Here are my changes:

http://i.imgur.com/yUP9iw7.png

skipwondah33
06-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Game didn't come today so hopefully tomorrow.

Want to see my roster lol

psusnoop
06-27-2014, 08:13 PM
I will check mine here in about an hour or so.

marcotte14
06-27-2014, 08:20 PM
You'll need to move a FS & SS to CB... otherwise you'll end up with only 2 CBs.

Oh ok, Can you move Cornelius McCray from FS to CB?

psuexv
06-27-2014, 08:49 PM
No... that was just to get our teams in the tank and hopefully lower the quality of our teams (ie lower contract restrictions). The plan all along was to have halfway decent teams after season 5.

As far as the draft, I'm good with whatever as well, just a crazy thought that I came up with.

I thought the idea was to simulate a DP, something where no football for like 2 years. The 5-6 seasons sim was to get the rosters crappy and our program rankings low, basically where it would be after not having football. With semi decent rosters there is a good chance most of us make a bowl game 1st year where we shouldn't be.

gschwendt
06-27-2014, 08:54 PM
By semi decent, I'm saying higher than 40 OVR players. These teams though are shitty compared to EVERY other team. The lowest teams (USA, NMSU, Idaho) are in the neighborhood of 75 OVR... Our highest teams are 61 OVR.

That said, I'm not having much luck lowering contract requirements. I was able to get Florida down from 11 wins to 9 but so far I can't get it lower. I'm still tinkering though.

JeffHCross
06-27-2014, 10:24 PM
G, I'll try to look for position changes tonight. Ironically, pre-dynasty position changes is one of those things I've been meaning to ask to do every year. Awesome to see someone else suggest it.

razorback44
06-27-2014, 11:47 PM
I won't have access to my PS3 until maybe late tomorrow night. Is there any way that you could see how many FB's and TE's that I have on my roster.

I run a lot of 12, 13, 21, and 22 so I might need to make some adjustments if necessary.

JeffHCross
06-27-2014, 11:56 PM
I won't have access to my PS3 until maybe late tomorrow night. Is there any way that you could see how many FB's and TE's that I have on my roster.

I run a lot of 12, 13, 21, and 22 so I might need to make some adjustments if necessary.
Two TEs: 61 OVR and 59 OVR. Fresh (RS) and Soph (RS) respectively.
Two FBs: 61 OVR and 45 OVR. Senior and Fresh respectively.

G, I noticed my TE is showing as currently being redshirted when I go through Edit Roster. Not sure how that's going to translate to a new dynasty.

I thought the idea was to simulate a DP, something where no football for like 2 years. The 5-6 seasons sim was to get the rosters crappy and our program rankings low, basically where it would be after not having football. With semi decent rosters there is a good chance most of us make a bowl game 1st year where we shouldn't be.Remember, while we've been sucking for 5 years, other teams have been getting better. Kansas has a 90-something punter, and tons of 80 players. Whereas I have one.

JeffHCross
06-28-2014, 12:26 AM
Wow ... my offensive line is shit. Absolute shit.

Name
Old
Pos
Old
OVR
New
Pos
New
OVR

Marcus Harrell
LE
RG

Thomas Mason
DT
LG

Mike Walters
DT
C

Andrew Fitzpatrick
C
DT

Phillip Williams
C
DT

Tyler Gordon
LG
LT

Matt Taylor
LG
RT

Darren Magnum

RT

C

Barry Lloyd

LOLB

LE

B. Frederick

LOLB

ROLB

I don't even know where to begin with the rest of this team. Rebuilding project FTW!

So ... how different is the new recruiting? :D

razorback44
06-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Two TEs: 61 OVR and 59 OVR. Fresh (RS) and Soph (RS) respectively.
Two FBs: 61 OVR and 45 OVR. Senior and Fresh respectively.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

That's no bueno on the TE's however. I usually keep 4-5 at a time on my roster considering how much I use them in different packages. I may need to see if there is a DE that I can move over.

JeffHCross
06-28-2014, 12:33 AM
I'll tell you right now, Razor, I think most of us are going to be completely changing our playstyles, at least for year one.

There is no way in the world I can use my planned playbook with this team.

razorback44
06-28-2014, 12:46 AM
I'll tell you right now, Razor, I think most of us are going to be completely changing our playstyles, at least for year one.

There is no way in the world I can use my planned playbook with this team.

That's what I'm assuming as well. There's no way I'll be able to run some of the personel groupings I had with Michigan State until I do some recruiting.

The joys of a death penalty dynasty however. You have to adapt to advance.

JeffHCross
06-28-2014, 01:10 AM
By semi decent, I'm saying higher than 40 OVR players. These teams though are shitty compared to EVERY other team. The lowest teams (USA, NMSU, Idaho) are in the neighborhood of 75 OVR... Our highest teams are 61 OVR.

That said, I'm not having much luck lowering contract requirements. I was able to get Florida down from 11 wins to 9 but so far I can't get it lower. I'm still tinkering though.I don't know what you've tried so far, but the biggest outlier I saw was Program Tradition. It looks like all of our teams are still in the A- to A+ range. All of the teams with 5 or 6 win contract requirements are D- to D+ teams. I think that might be a good place to tinker.

I did see that my Program Tradition dropped from A+ to C- after one simulated season. Maybe look at what our Program Traditions were at the end of Season 5, set them to be at that level, and then see what the requirements are. That's only editable in the Editor, right? Not something you can do within the rosters in the normal game?

gschwendt
06-28-2014, 12:00 PM
I'll be making the latest position changes later today or sometime tomorrow morning. That said, we still have to meet minimum position requirements for our rosters... it's OK if you want to go 3-4 instead of 4-3 but that just means you need 4 MLBs instead of 3 and 3 DTs instead of 4.

If your changes fall below the minimum, then I'll move your worst extra player to the other position.

skipwondah33
06-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Game not likely to he delivered until Monday. .bastards lol

If I miss on position changes before we start no biggie, anxious to see the team though

gschwendt
06-28-2014, 01:08 PM
I don't know what you've tried so far, but the biggest outlier I saw was Program Tradition. It looks like all of our teams are still in the A- to A+ range. All of the teams with 5 or 6 win contract requirements are D- to D+ teams. I think that might be a good place to tinker.
Yeah, I got Florida's Program Tradition down to a D- but the contract still wants 8 wins. I'm still tinkering but so far I can't get Florida below 8. I still have a few ideas to play around with but we'll just have to see.

Unfortunately the data-dictionary for all of the fields isn't complete... there are probably 100 fields or so for teams that are unlabeled. I tried mimicking Western Kentucky's team ratings but even that doesn't seem to get me down to where I want to be. Again though, I still have some ideas to play around with.

marcotte14
06-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I got Florida's Program Tradition down to a D- but the contract still wants 8 wins. I'm still tinkering but so far I can't get Florida below 8. I still have a few ideas to play around with but we'll just have to see.

Unfortunately the data-dictionary for all of the fields isn't complete... there are probably 100 fields or so for teams that are unlabeled. I tried mimicking Western Kentucky's team ratings but even that doesn't seem to get me down to where I want to be. Again though, I still have some ideas to play around with.

G, Thanks for all of the time you've been putting into this before we get started. I can't wait to start, I think this is going to be the best dynasty yet and people are really going to be challenged.

On that note, just played a half against Oregon St. (83 ovr) I was losing 42-10 (on regular Heisman difficulty). Granted I was getting blown out, but the cpu had a kickoff return for a TD and I threw 3 int. I played with my custom PB and I was pretty aggressive and was forcing a bit, but I wanted to get a feel for my team with my play style. Good news, I was able to shut down the run, but they threw all over me, their WR's would pretty much run right by my DB's. I'm going to play around a little more, but it was tough.

marcotte14
06-28-2014, 03:03 PM
Beat New Mexico St. (75 ovr) 45-35. It was easy to move the ball, they also had a kickoff return for TD, but was able to get some stops. No turnovers in the game.

Papa LoneStar
06-28-2014, 04:56 PM
G, sir....if you will

:Texas:

Name
Old
Pos
Old
OVR
New
Pos
New
OVR

Andrew Martindale
DT
LG

Craig Johnson
LG
LT

Gary Holmes
LE
RE

Wade Greene
MLB
LOLB

Jermaine Broussard
ROLB
LOLB

Zach Smith
ROLB
MLB

Chris Robinson
MLB
ROLB
[/TR]

Andrew Brown
ROLB
MLB

razorback44
06-28-2014, 06:11 PM
Hey G, I'm out of town but am headed home to tonight. I probably won't be in until around midnight or 1. If you want to finalize position changes before then, is there anyway that you could find a DE or LB on my roster that you could move to TE? That would be a huge help. I would greatly appreciate it.

gschwendt
06-28-2014, 06:13 PM
Hey G, I'm out of town but am headed home to tonight. I probably won't be in until around midnight or 1. If you want to finalize position changes before then, is there anyway that you could find a DE or LB on my roster that you could move to TE? That would be a huge help. I would greatly appreciate it.
There's no rush... I'll still be doing further testing with coaches & contracts tomorrow. That said, TEs & MLBs were at a premium for essentially all of our teams.

JeffHCross
06-28-2014, 09:59 PM
G, I'll presumably fall below the minimum at OLB. Just take one of my crap linemen and put him there.

JeffHCross
06-29-2014, 01:51 PM
EDIT: Never mind. The reason my "minimums" were so screwed up is because I created a new coach, and I guess that changed my team playbooks? Used an existing coach tonight and the only minimum I have is the OLB I mentioned above.

gschwendt
06-29-2014, 08:15 PM
Just fyi guys, I wasn't able to do any position changes or dynasty testing today... Instead I was in crippling pain fighting a kidney stone and eventually going to the ER. I'm doing better now... Still haven't passed it but it's at least moved further down.

All that said, I'm going to try to do some testing tomorrow and see what I come up with.

JeffHCross
06-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Ffffffffff ... that sucks dude.

JBHuskers
06-30-2014, 09:22 AM
Just fyi guys, I wasn't able to do any position changes or dynasty testing today... Instead I was in crippling pain fighting a kidney stone and eventually going to the ER. I'm doing better now... Still haven't passed it but it's at least moved further down.

All that said, I'm going to try to do some testing tomorrow and see what I come up with.

Damn son :fdown: I hope I never have to go through that.

skipwondah33
06-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Damn son :fdown: I hope I never have to go through that.I know right. Speaking of which how does one get those...and prevent it? I remember a girl I worked with had the same thing and it brought her to tears.

I know I could simply search online but I'm lazy.

Oh and I will finally have my game today. It better not be scratched. Ordered from Gamefly

JBHuskers
06-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Oh and I will finally have my game today. It better not be scratched. Ordered from Gamefly

I've ordered a TON from Gamefly, never had a problem yet.

gschwendt
06-30-2014, 09:55 AM
I know right. Speaking of which how does one get those...and prevent it? I remember a girl I worked with had the same thing and it brought her to tears.
Any number of things... mine is probably from too many dark sodas/not enough water and too much red meat. Here's this from the mayo clinic:

Types of kidney stones

Knowing the type of kidney stone helps determine the cause and may give clues on how to reduce your risk of getting more kidney stones. Types of kidney stones include:

Calcium stones. Most kidney stones are calcium stones, usually in the form of calcium oxalate. Oxalate is a naturally occurring substance found in food. Some fruits and vegetables, as well as nuts and chocolate, have high oxalate levels. Your liver also produces oxalate. Dietary factors, high doses of vitamin D, intestinal bypass surgery and several metabolic disorders can increase the concentration of calcium or oxalate in urine. Calcium stones may also occur in the form of calcium phosphate.
Struvite stones. Struvite stones form in response to an infection, such as a urinary tract infection. These stones can grow quickly and become quite large, sometimes with few symptoms or little warning.
Uric acid stones. Uric acid stones can form in people who don't drink enough fluids or who lose too much fluid, those who eat a high-protein diet, and those who have gout. Certain genetic factors also may increase your risk of uric acid stones.
Cystine stones. These stones form in people with a hereditary disorder that causes the kidneys to excrete too much of certain amino acids (cystinuria).
Other stones. Other, rarer types of kidney stones can occur.

skipwondah33
06-30-2014, 10:01 AM
I've ordered a TON from Gamefly, never had a problem yet.Good I'm calling you instead of Gamefly should I have a problem lol

Damn G that sounds like the average US man's diet. Here's to hoping I never experience that though.

Will have my position changes later on if you feel up to it.

skipwondah33
06-30-2014, 02:28 PM
JB game was in perfect condition. Disc looked brand new actually.

G here are my changes if you fill up to it. I would make a thread with all of ours if I had the ability to make it easier for you man.

:LSU:

Name
Old Pos
New Pos

David Murphy
DT
LG

Chase McInctyre
ROLB
LOLB

All I have at the moment. I'll likely need more but pretty sure won't have enough players to fill the spots anyway. Currently 1 deep at 3 of the 5 Line positions.

Escobar
07-02-2014, 12:10 AM
If we are worried about getting fired the first season, maybe we could import four players (two from each side of the ball) from our current teams onto our new ones. That could help get some more wins. They would have to be Seniors so they leave after the first year. Could treat them like players who stayed on and waited out the penalty.

gschwendt
07-02-2014, 09:39 AM
I'm going to do some more testing today and by the end of the day, should have the final results. Based on that, we should have all the information we can put together to come up with a gameplan.

skipwondah33
07-02-2014, 09:43 AM
Sounds good.

Man just spent past hour recapping the history of the OD.

Even rewatched our VT-Wisky game G. Cannot wait to get this season started and hopefully have some more of those type of games.

marcotte14
07-02-2014, 09:56 AM
I'm going to do some more testing today and by the end of the day, should have the final results. Based on that, we should have all the information we can put together to come up with a gameplan.

Great! I'm ready to get started. I also like Escobar's idea about bringing in players.

skipwondah33
07-02-2014, 10:03 AM
How would that work for those who don't have players to bring over?

I say we struggle and rebuild. Go full death penalty

I don't expect to gain much XP the first or season or so after.

JBHuskers
07-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Now if we get fired, we can still land on a team and earn XP right? It's just if you leave the dynasty and join in-progress....

Maybe we can set something in place where you have to take one of the worst teams' jobs to try to work your way back to a Powerhouse?

marcotte14
07-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Now if we get fired, we can still land on a team and earn XP right? It's just if you leave the dynasty and join in-progress....

Maybe we can set something in place where you have to take one of the worst teams' jobs to try to work your way back to a Powerhouse?

Only if you join an OD in progress you won't receive coach XP. We should be fine if we get fired as far as XP goes. I'm telling ya, if we schedule some cup cakes for or non conf. games, we'll be good.

Escobar
07-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Yea, I just threw that bringing in players thing out there. I really want to just go in, and if we get fired f it work a new team.

skipwondah33
07-02-2014, 02:16 PM

Maybe we can set something in place where you have to take one of the worst teams' jobs to try to work your way back to a Powerhouse?That would be cool but suck if I'm the only one fired haha

JeffHCross
07-03-2014, 12:56 PM
G, if you want to set up a Test to see if we can get fired and then still earn XP in Season 2, I'll be around after 10 CT tonight.

gschwendt
07-03-2014, 11:52 PM
Skip & I just played a scrimmage using our teams (TeamBuilder versions). It was enjoyable but you can definitely see that things are going to be rough. I used my Heisman sliders (set to AA though) with 5 minute quarters and I ended up winning 21-14.

skipwondah33
07-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Yeah its going to rough. I didn't realize my QB was half decent. Doesn't have anyone to throw to though.

Surprisingly Oline blocked super well.

Going to be a long few seasons lol

JeffHCross
07-04-2014, 01:56 AM
I played Default Heisman against Michigan State yesterday, and if it wasn't for a couple of forced throws I had a chance to at least keep the game close. Wasn't playing defense, though I think I gave up just about as many points as I would playing D.

What was insane was the offensive ability I had. Much like Skip said, I'm amazed by how good my O-line has been. I'm sure there's weaknesses I'm not seeing, but overall it wasn't remotely as bad as I expected. I was only sacked a few times.