PDA

View Full Version : I'm So Bad

Flav
08-15-2010, 08:07 PM
.. at this game. It is not even funny. :smh:

I can't make a putt to save my life.

cdj
08-15-2010, 08:59 PM
What difficulty do you have it on? It definitely takes practice and time to get good at putting - I know I'm still not good at it!

SmoothPancakes
08-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Where are you at in terms of your created golfer? And don't worry, you're not alone, I think I'm actually regressing in my skills. I have played a ton of TW11 in the past three days (I've played five tournaments in My Career, all four rounds per tourney, in about a day and a half's worth of free time since Friday afternoon) and I swear to god I cannot putt for anything anymore.

I can stick a par 3 tee shot within 5 yards of the hole, and I'll manage to screw myself over with a bad putt motion and shank the putt. Or on par 5s, I reach the green in two shots on par 5s probably 95% of the time now that my golfer has high stats and power, and I routinely screw the pooch on the eagle putts and even then screw the pooch semi-routinely on birdie putts.

Each tournament that I've played these past couple days, I have probably averaged at least 5-10 strokes that were lost because of me constantly shanking putts and missing out on a ton of eagle or birdie opportunities. :(

Flav
08-15-2010, 09:05 PM
What difficulty do you have it on? It definitely takes practice and time to get good at putting - I know I'm still not good at it!

I have it on amateur, I just played in the daily tournament on XBL, I went +43 lol.

Where are you at in terms of your created golfer? And don't worry, you're not alone, I think I'm actually regressing in my skills. I have played a ton of TW11 in the past three days (I've played five tournaments in My Career, all four rounds per tourney, in about a day and a half's worth of free time since Friday afternoon) and I swear to god I cannot putt for anything anymore.

I can stick a par 3 tee shot within 5 yards of the hole, and I'll manage to screw myself over with a bad putt motion and shank the putt. Or on par 5s, I reach the green in two shots on par 5s probably 95% of the time now that my golfer has high stats and power, and I routinely screw the pooch on the eagle putts and even then screw the pooch semi-routinely on birdie putts.

Each tournament that I've played these past couple days, I have probably averaged at least 5-10 strokes that were lost because of me constantly shanking putts and missing out on a ton of eagle or birdie opportunities. :(

My golfer is 16 in power, 15 in accuracy, 10 in control, and 13 in Putting. Pretty bad but I'll get there eventually

SmoothPancakes
08-15-2010, 09:16 PM
My golfer is 16 in power, 15 in accuracy, 10 in control, and 13 in Putting. Pretty bad but I'll get there eventually

Oh yeah, you'll definitely be just fine once you start building up XP and start increasing your stats. The difference for me between sucking and competing was incredible once I got to around 50 for each stat. Just keep working at it. Do some My Career, especially try the Skill Challenges (at least the really easy ones early on for some quick, easy XP) and toss in some Play Now rounds to get XP from FIRs, GIRs and other stuff from playing the round.

natcret
08-16-2010, 05:23 PM
BigBlue,

I am no expert but here are some things that have helped me:

1. Do the TW 11 Challenges. They help to build up more experience points quickly.

2. Check out this thread: http://tigerwoodspgatour.com/?page_id=668

Even though it is for the Wii, it has some good info as it relates to club-tuning which is important.

3. Practice. It will help in the long run, especially when you start to apply club tunings and experience points.

4. Mix up your conditions to see how the greens react. They are tough, but over time you will get a feel for the greens.