PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six: Siege (XB1, PS4, PC)

CLW
06-10-2014, 06:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsMGmdavlJU&list=PLraFbwCoisJC_AdLKkdeWhUg 5XC9-KWIc&index=72

SmoothPancakes
06-10-2014, 03:15 PM
My personal winner of E3. I cannot wait for this game. The fact that was recorded using pre-alpha footage, I can't wait to see what the final product looks like.

I also love that it appears that everything is destructible. Being able to destroy walls with gun fire, throw flash bangs through said destroyed walls, being able to seemingly place explosives anywhere that YOU want so you can breach through the roof, walls or the floor and make changes to your plans of attack literally on the fly. If it stays like that, much better than the typical "you can only breach at this specific place" bullshit like in COD.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

CLW
06-10-2014, 06:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jGOmu-cuqc

GatorfanStovy
06-10-2014, 08:28 PM
ya that looked pretty good for RS 6 .

CLW
06-11-2014, 07:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOomR0I1peg

JBHuskers
06-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Damn, this looks good. I miss the days of online ass kicking on Rainbow Six Vegas.

AustinWolv
06-11-2014, 01:35 PM
It looks really good. Could be a LOT of fun with the right people.

skipwondah33
06-11-2014, 02:51 PM
This looks very nice at this early of it's stage

Love the destruction and being able to create different angles of approach, etc.

This would definitely replace COD in my one shooter purchase a year.

Upset I never got to finish the Rainbox Six series when I had a 360. Wouldn't have felt the same playing it on PS3 so I never got RS2

CLW
06-21-2014, 07:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-_drCVQaw

gschwendt
07-17-2014, 08:42 PM
Here's the archive of the stream from today... live gameplay. Skip to 19:30 for the actual start of the stream. Looks like it should be fun, though it looks something like PvP PayDay 2.

Ubisoft

SmoothPancakes
10-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Rainbow Six: Siege dev blog says No Respawn makes the game more accessible

Wednesday, 15th October 2014
By Brenna Hillier

Rainbow Six: Siege gives players just one life. Ubisoft Montreal explains why this feature makes the game fun for everyone, not just hardcore twitch shooter fans.

Rainbow Six: Siege is designed to revive the “lethality and tension” of the 1998 original, according to a post on Behind the Wall, the multiplayer shooter’s newly-launched dev blog.

“We decided that the best way to accomplish this was to bring back the No Respawn rule and implement it in such a way that we like to refer to as One Life around the studio,” the team wrote.

One Life means players won’t respawn if they’re taken down during a round, but can use tools not available to the rest of the team to help survivors win the day. Ubisoft believes this system helps cater to its core pillars of teamwork, tactics, and tension.

“Not only are these three pillars at the heart of Tom Clancy’s video game series, but they’re arguably absent from the FPS market today. Even when playing on a team, run and gun titles emphasize twitch reflexes while neglecting other skill sets, and you may feel disconnected from the action and all alone in your plight. With Siege, that’s not the case,” the developer said.

“When you’re not allowed to respawn during a match, twitch reflexes aren’t the only skills that keep you alive. Teamwork, map awareness, planning, adaptability, communication, and leadership become just as important to win.”

Ubisoft said that when it introduced the No Respawn rule in the studio the game instantly became more stressful. Players stopped trash talking and started working together.

“It turned out that it really opened up the game to many different types of players,” designer Chris Lee said.

“The developers who were longtime FPS players initially found it difficult because they were only good at reaction time. They weren’t communicating, playing tactically, or thinking about the consequences. Their K/D ratio was high before, but after introducing One Life, they stopped thinking about K/D ratios and more about how each player could work together for the win.”

Love it? Hate it? In the end, matches are quite short so you won’t be hanging around idly too long.

Rainbow Six: Siege is expected on PC, PS4 and Xbox One in 2015.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/15/rainbow-six-siege-no-respawn-one-life/

I like it! God I can't wait for this game to come out!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

JBHuskers
10-15-2014, 03:00 PM
No respawn was best for SOCOM always, and same went with the Rainbow Six Vegas games. Makes it more tactical and about the task at hand than your k/d.

SmoothPancakes
10-15-2014, 03:16 PM
No respawn was best for SOCOM always, and same went with the Rainbow Six Vegas games. Makes it more tactical and about the task at hand than your k/d.

Yep. Even playing something like COD, when it's just normal team deathmatch or something, I'm pure run and gun without really any care for tactical as I can infinitely respawn and only my K/D suffers. But when I play one life modes like search and destroy, I go 100% tactical and become very precise in my movements and where I go.

It's probably why I like the Sniper Elite games so much. I have easily spent over three hours on a SINGLE campaign mission in Sniper Elite III, because I am very extremely precise in my movements and where I go and what I do during the mission. I try to get through every mission without once alerting any enemies, and it results in very slow movements and slow progress through missions over a period of time.

I'm the same way with one life modes in games like COD. With a 5 minute timer in Search and Destroy, I'll easily take 3+ minutes just reaching a given bomb site (if I have the bomb), slowly making my way to a given site and trying to pick off every enemy I come across before I arrive at that site.

SmoothPancakes
03-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Video from the closed Alpha gameplay. Watch it while you can, no clue if Ubisoft will allow it to stay up for very long. Watching this, damn I can't wait for this game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM4cJk_wy1Q

#TheScriptIsDead

skipwondah33
03-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Looking forward to this one too

JBHuskers
03-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Hopefully this game will help me relive those RB6:V days.

SmoothPancakes
03-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Even despite being from Ubisoft, I think this is already a day one buy in my book. Even the alpha gameplay looks fun as hell. I can't wait to see what the final product looks like. We should see some good stuff in a couple months at E3.

#TheScriptIsDead

CLW
03-22-2015, 07:41 PM
Even despite being from Ubisoft, I think this is already a day one buy in my book. Even the alpha gameplay looks fun as hell. I can't wait to see what the final product looks like. We should see some good stuff in a couple months at E3.

#TheScriptIsDead

Ubi has taken allot of crap lately for broken games at launch but IF I could play FPS this looks like something that IF it works would be a TON of fun.

SmoothPancakes
03-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Ubi has taken allot of crap lately for broken games at launch but IF I could play FPS this looks like something that IF it works would be a TON of fun.
Absolutely. I love this tactical gameplay. If we could get a group of us, an entire team, from this site, all mic'd up, my god we could have some fun and whoop some ass.

#TheScriptIsDead

skipwondah33
03-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Hopefully this game will help me relive those RB6:V days.

Yeah I enjoyed the Rainbow 6 games.

I don't buy many games but looking forward to testing this one out.

SmoothPancakes
03-22-2015, 08:56 PM
I really hope we get an alpha or beta on the consoles. The ongoing alpha right now is only for PC.

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
03-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Beta sign up page is up!

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/beta/

I signed up on the access wait list for both Xbox One and PS4. If you preorder the game, you get a code to guarantee you beta access.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-24-2015, 06:29 PM
Beta sign up page is up!

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/beta/

I signed up on the access wait list for both Xbox One and PS4. If you preorder the game, you get a code to guarantee you beta access.

#TheScriptIsDead
I'm assuming you'd get an email if you get in. Is that right? If so, when should those emails go out? Any idea?

If this is wrong, what is the procedure?

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
03-24-2015, 06:31 PM
I'm assuming you'd get an email if you get in. Is that right? If so, when should those emails go out? Any idea?

If this is wrong, what is the procedure?

#TheScriptIsDead

Yeah, you get an email right after saying you've been successfully added to the waiting list. They don't say when the beta will begin, the email just says if you're selected to join the beta, you'll be contacted by email when the closed beta begins.

steelerfan
03-24-2015, 06:40 PM
Yeah, you get an email right after saying you've been successfully added to the waiting list. They don't say when the beta will begin, the email just says if you're selected to join the beta, you'll be contacted by email when the closed beta begins.
All I got were 2 emails saying that I registered to uPlay. I guess I'm screwed?

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
03-24-2015, 07:31 PM
This is what the emails showed for me.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/24/ebaef0ae22de7049b1da394ee7dc2012.jpg

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-24-2015, 08:47 PM
Yeah, no.

:(

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
03-24-2015, 08:55 PM
You can give it another try. It goes through Uplay, but then you have to sign in with either your Xbox or PSN account for it to register.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-24-2015, 08:58 PM
You can give it another try. It goes through Uplay, but then you have to sign in with either your Xbox or PSN account for it to register.

#TheScriptIsDead
I'll have another look. I had to sign in through PSN and then register for uPlay.

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
03-24-2015, 09:50 PM
I'll have another look. I had to sign in through PSN and then register for uPlay.

#TheScriptIsDead
OK, that might have screwed it up. I forgot, once you sign in via PSN or Xbox, you have to do a minor survey, asking how many hours in the past however many months you spent on various shooters (COD, Titanfall, Halo, Counterstrike) and how many previous Rainbow Six games you've played before. Once you complete that, you should be good. I forget what the final screen says.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-24-2015, 11:02 PM
OK, that might have screwed it up. I forgot, once you sign in via PSN or Xbox, you have to do a minor survey, asking how many hours in the past however many months you spent on various shooters (COD, Titanfall, Halo, Counterstrike) and how many previous Rainbow Six games you've played before. Once you complete that, you should be good. I forget what the final screen says.

#TheScriptIsDead
I didn't have to do any survey yet but I'll have to take another look when I get in front of the computer. Thanks for the help!

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
03-24-2015, 11:06 PM
I didn't have to do any survey yet but I'll have to take another look when I get in front of the computer. Thanks for the help!

#TheScriptIsDead
Yeah, computer might work better. Hopefully you can work it out. If we can get some of us in the PS4 beta, have some fun with the game ahead of release.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-24-2015, 11:36 PM
Yeah, computer might work better. Hopefully you can work it out. If we can get some of us in the PS4 beta, have some fun with the game ahead of release.

#TheScriptIsDead
:up:

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-25-2015, 10:34 AM
Tried again, on my laptop, and it gave me the survey to do. Maybe it will work after all now.

steelerfan
03-25-2015, 12:02 PM
Got the confirmation that I'm on the Waiting List. Thanks again, Smooth. :up:

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
03-25-2015, 12:12 PM
I just got on the waitlist too.

cdj
03-25-2015, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up, SP.

Looking at the reddit forum, it sounds like code redemption is underway for game pre-orders, so I assumed that us unwashed masses should get a code in the next few days if accepted/picked.

texacotea
03-25-2015, 09:20 PM
Got signed up for the beta. Been looking forward to this for a while

SmoothPancakes
03-25-2015, 09:50 PM
Awesome! Glad you guys were all able to get signed up. Hopefully we all get accepted into the beta.

#TheScriptIsDead

texacotea
04-01-2015, 12:17 PM
When's these supposed to be sent out?

SmoothPancakes
04-01-2015, 05:23 PM
That's a good question. Hopefully we'll start seeing something in the next couple weeks.

#TheScriptIsDead

cdj
04-03-2015, 05:51 PM
The PC Closed Alpha begins Tuesday, April 7th (http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-196450-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32). No word on console versions.

cdj
05-14-2015, 11:10 AM
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege – Release Date Announcement Trailer: Game coming October 13.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY48uxOEk48

JBHuskers
05-14-2015, 02:13 PM
Prime time to snag for $30 maybe on Black Friday?

oweb26
05-14-2015, 06:36 PM
Prime time to snag for $30 maybe on Black Friday?

This game died to when they said, no single player story, no respawn game modes, pretty much only game mode is rescue the hostage or a variation thereof.

Trying to force teamplay is fine and all, but the glory days of teamplay with randoms on shooters are pretty much dead also.

cdj
06-04-2015, 12:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFhYHesa2rQ&feature=youtu.be

CLW
06-15-2015, 10:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C9DrYAqEMI

CLW
06-15-2015, 11:00 AM
Looks like Gamespot leaked that vid early. I watched it it looked interesting and much more team oriented than simply running and gunning.

CLW
06-15-2015, 06:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BybknP8ZRU

CLW
06-15-2015, 06:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxkQY-8pAhk

gigemaggs99
06-15-2015, 09:04 PM
This looks good also.

Can ya'll comment on the other Rainbow Six games for PS3? I've never played them, but they are super cheap at Gamestop. Do they offer a single player campaign? I'm sure it's fun to use all the online team tactics but if no one is online anymore on these older titles are the base games still good? I'm looking at Rainbow Six Vegas and Vegas 2.

Thanks.

Gus

gigemaggs99
06-16-2015, 12:19 PM
Went to Gamestop today, they said the new Rainbow Six is coming out in Oct.

He also said something to keep in mind is, the game will have a digital copy of Rainbow Six Vegas and Vegas 2 when you pre-order.

I was able to pick up Vegas 2 for $4 for PS3.

skipwondah33
06-16-2015, 12:49 PM
Gus I enjoyed the Rainbow Six series. I had the 1st one on Xbox 360, then I believe I bought the 2nd one for 360 or PS3 can't remember.

I'd like to get them again for PS3 so I'll have to check GameStop to see if they have a good deal on them.

gigemaggs99
06-16-2015, 02:24 PM
Gus I enjoyed the Rainbow Six series. I had the 1st one on Xbox 360, then I believe I bought the 2nd one for 360 or PS3 can't remember.

I'd like to get them again for PS3 so I'll have to check GameStop to see if they have a good deal on them.

I picked up the 2nd one from Gamestop for $4. They didn't have the 1st one but I found it at another local video game store, (game exchange) for $4.

I did get a good laugh, being a business owner I look at things differently, at this video game store the guy behind me was trading in a bunch of stuff, the guy behind the counter asks him if he's made up his mind? The guy says, "How long is the trade-in credit good for?"

The guy behind the counter says, "Until the store goes under."

I laughed out loud and everyone turned a looked at me, I was thinking DAMN! That's one way to put it! I can't imagine putting in a water heater for someone and they ask me if it has a warranty and my answer is, "unless I go out of business...."

Seems like he could have said something more tactful.

skipwondah33
07-30-2015, 03:01 PM
Received my code today saying I was in the beta. Registered it the code so it would be guaranteed according to the email.

JBHuskers
08-18-2015, 01:32 PM
Now delayed to December...

cdj
09-21-2015, 07:30 AM
There is a 'technical test' for R6 Siege today through Wednesday. Check your e-mails if you signed up for beta/testing access.

JBHuskers
09-21-2015, 10:15 AM
I got in.

skipwondah33
09-21-2015, 11:05 AM
Haven't received anything yet but know I'm in

JBHuskers
09-21-2015, 11:09 AM
Haven't received anything yet but know I'm in

You should have received a code then. I got an e-mail over the weekend, clicked the link, then they sent me another e-mail with the PS4 code. It's already installed as of last night.

skipwondah33
09-21-2015, 11:12 AM
You should have received a code then. I got an e-mail over the weekend, clicked the link, then they sent me another e-mail with the PS4 code. It's already installed as of last night.Bastards. I received a code a while back saying I had to register it for "guranteed access". Didn't know that was the actual code. It was like 2 months ago maybe less. Let me check again

JBHuskers
09-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Bastards. I received a code a while back saying I had to register it for "guranteed access". Didn't know that was the actual code. It was like 2 months ago maybe less. Let me check again

The deal this week could be different. It's a technical test, not a beta.

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2015, 11:44 AM
I got two emails yesterday, one with a code for Xbox One and PS4. I installed it last night on One.

skipwondah33
09-21-2015, 12:10 PM
The deal this week could be different. It's a technical test, not a beta.Last code that I received was back in July and it said it was for Beta access on 24th. Got an email a few days ago that said to be on the lookout for an email for more updates.

Will try the code I have for the Beta but the email says that I would be sent instructions and another code

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Last code that I received was back in July and it said it was for Beta access on 24th. Got an email a few days ago that said to be on the lookout for an email for more updates.

Will try the code I have for the Beta but the email says that I would be sent instructions and another code
You want my PS4 code? I don't have enough time to try and play it on both One and PS4 in just three days, so I'll just stick with the One that I already have downloaded from last night.

skipwondah33
09-21-2015, 12:24 PM
You want my PS4 code? I don't have enough time to try and play it on both One and PS4 in just three days, so I'll just stick with the One that I already have downloaded from last night.Sure man if you don't mind or no one else needs one.

Thanks Smooth

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2015, 12:28 PM
Sure man if you don't mind or no one else needs one.

Thanks Smooth
The code should be in your PMs.

JBHuskers
09-22-2015, 11:55 PM
Finally a little free time to play. Getting into matches is tough tonight. Played one. It's sure different than run and gun respawn.

The thing that bothers me the most is no cover system. That's what made Vegas so great.

The gameplay is solid. Just takes a little getting used to when I've played a ton of CoD, Battlefield, and Destiny lately.

There are just two team deathmatch types on this.

Taking forever to try to get a 2nd game going so I may give up soon.

SmoothPancakes
09-23-2015, 05:02 AM
Yeah, I got into a couple matches Monday night. Takes some getting used to! Run and gun will get you quickly dead. I was sucking it up on my team though, so I took a break that night after only 3 or 4 matches instead of continuing to drag the rest of the team down. It's definitely fun though. Even having no clue what I was doing, I still was having fun and enjoying myself, so this is still a day one purchase for me.

skipwondah33
09-23-2015, 08:47 AM
Mine is still downloading as of lastnight. Will play some tonight when it finishes

JBHuskers
09-23-2015, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I got into a couple matches Monday night. Takes some getting used to! Run and gun will get you quickly dead. I was sucking it up on my team though, so I took a break that night after only 3 or 4 matches instead of continuing to drag the rest of the team down. It's definitely fun though. Even having no clue what I was doing, I still was having fun and enjoying myself, so this is still a day one purchase for me.

The one and only match I could get into I went 3-3, not bad. I just gotta get out of the run & gun mode.

SmoothPancakes
09-23-2015, 11:58 AM
You on PS4? I've been hearing about a lot of problems getting into matches on PS4. Someone said they were waiting over 40 minutes before giving up. I had no problem on Xbox One. I went through three matches in a row with essentially no wait.

JBHuskers
09-23-2015, 01:31 PM
You on PS4? I've been hearing about a lot of problems getting into matches on PS4. Someone said they were waiting over 40 minutes before giving up. I had no problem on Xbox One. I went through three matches in a row with essentially no wait.

Yes and yes, problems up the ass. Only played one match last night.

cdj
09-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Anyone want a PS4 beta code?

First person to respond here gets it.

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Same here. I got emails for both Xbox One and PS4 for the beta. I'll stick on Xbox One, so whoever wants the PS4 beta code, let me know.

Rudy
09-26-2015, 06:16 PM
My son just started asking about this for his birthday. He's already a Destiny gamer and we are getting Star Wars. Not sure it's worth it to pick up another shooter. What makes this game special? I'm assuming this is only FPS? At least I can play coop with the kids in Star Wars and third person! Destiny didn't feel too bad but FPS just isn't my bag baby.

cdj
09-26-2015, 06:50 PM
This is a more methodical team shooter (online only, no single-player campaign).

Would you like a beta code to test it out?

skipwondah33
09-26-2015, 06:59 PM
Played ALOT of this lastnight

Enjoyed it but only played against the AI and not other people. My team was of course other people but it was easy when I found good teammates.

Not a bad game for a different task instead of the usuals.

I also have a code if anyone needs one. Let me know

Rudy
09-26-2015, 08:06 PM
This is a more methodical team shooter (online only, no single-player campaign).

Would you like a beta code to test it out?

Save that for someone else. I won't play this at all and I'm not sure I want to get this for the boy lol. I imagine a lot of foul language online? My son has a nice group of younger kids on Destiny. Thanks anyways.

JBHuskers
09-28-2015, 09:17 AM
I do too lol I'll just give it away on Twitter since everyone here that wants it is set.

Rudy
09-28-2015, 08:05 PM
My son just asked again about this game. He's grade 6. Still not sure about this game for him.

Rudy
10-05-2015, 04:58 AM
I thought this was in interesting review of the beta.

http://cogconnected.com/preview/rainbow-six-siege-preview/

JBHuskers
10-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Good stuff there.

A cover system would have gone a long way to making it more fun.

People hiding behind the riot shields was so ridiculous. When they crouch down there is no spot you can hit. I never thought of trying to throw C4 on the shield.

I'm not a fan of the gun play either. I have a hard time telling if I'm hitting someone or not.

I figured I would get this, but now I'm not 100% sure. I just feel like there's something missing.

skipwondah33
10-05-2015, 08:59 AM
I never thought of throwing C4 either.

Hell I just realized you could unlock other classes and weapons the other night. I had only been playing with what you started out with for the longest.

Having fun with it but it does seem like something is missing.

cdj
11-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Reminder: There is another beta going on this weekend.

Season Pass info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCdJBkiT7aY

Just as breaching the perimeter is only the first step of a successful operation, it is only just the beginning of what you can expect from Rainbow Six Siege. We’ll be rolling out new content, including weapon skins, daily challenges, and all-new Operators regularly post launch. To get the most out of your Rainbow Six Siege experience pick up the Season Pass to gain access to some truly VIP features.

The Season Pass year-long premium membership includes:

7-day exclusive access to 8 all-new Operators that you can instantly add to your roster
exclusive Season Pass Porter weapon skin
Safari Bundle of five weapons skins
600 Rainbow Credits that can be used to purchase additional in-game content
5% permanent Renown boost to speed up progression
5 daily challenges instead of the standard 3 for more rewards

Rainbow Six Siege Season Pass is included in the GOLD EDITION.

The standard edition retails for $60, the Gold edition for $90, Collector's Edition for $150. (http://amzn.to/1P7utIj)

JBHuskers
01-19-2016, 12:55 AM
Just got this today. Jesus I suck :D no kills yet after 3 rounds. I'll blame the iron sights :nod:

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
01-19-2016, 08:32 AM
I'm not sure if they sped up the time to build defenses or what, but the game seems to be paced a lot better online to where there isn't much down time, and I'm kinda digging the strategies of where to be and such. I just cannot win a gun battle to save my life. (literally)

JBHuskers
02-01-2016, 10:43 PM
I'm streaming myself getting my ass kicked in Rainbow Six Siege.

www.twitch.tv/JBHuskers

JBHuskers
02-01-2016, 11:28 PM
I completely suck, but got my first kill tonight :D

JBHuskers
02-02-2016, 12:21 AM
The more I play, the more I dig it. Just wish there was a true cover system like Vegas and Division.

cdj
01-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Free weekend coming Feb 2-5. Hopefully the download is available tomorrow in the store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CSq75h1GMA

cdj
02-16-2018, 09:59 AM
Rainbow Six Siege is having a free weekend going from 2/15-2/20 to coincide with the R6 Invitational.