06-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Coming Spring 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYcPfisx018

HANDSWARD
06-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Golf + Frostbite = Awesomesauce

bdoughty
06-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Looks good but that has never really been the biggest problem with the franchise. I hope you guys don't go back to the old ways of removing features so you have something to add. Please make sure there is a proper player view camera angle this year.

bdoughty
06-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Oooh the battleship thing is real.

http://i.imgur.com/RloTu92.gif

CLW
06-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Yeah the looks of this series has never been the problem. The problem is that the game just feels like darts.

psuexv
06-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Lol at the people complaint about the Battleship in the fantasy course. Just don't play that one :smh:

bdoughty
06-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Lol at the people complaint about the Battleship in the fantasy course. Just don't play that one :smh:

You seem to forget a couple things. The game was broken in numerous places last year and the developers left us hanging. The community hoped with that extra year the majority of time would be spent on fixing the issues, especially the online ones (I do not play online but I have heard numerous complaints). Also the game is called PGA Tour 15 so one would think the emphasis would be on that. Not battleships, explosions and warzones.

What we have seen so far is an emphasis on something the community really did not ask for. Sure there are some people that love fantasy courses and I play Predator on occasion. It is just not that high up on most peoples lists. A course creator would be something high up on peoples list. An online tour mode would be high on the list. Improvements to the offline PGA Tour mode would be high on the list. More cameras, well that would be high on my list. ;)

Here is one of the guys that has been the biggest cheerleader and a moderator over at the Tiger Woods forums. Someone who I would never have expected to post what he did. (http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2046301132&postcount=23)

Just found this quote and it scares the living crap out of me.

"We had to reimagine golf," EA chief creative officer Peter Moore told IGN. "We've been doing golf for a long time at this company, and it needs rethinking, reimagining. Golf is a sport going through a tough time without Tiger [Woods].... We've been doing golf forever, and we thought we would take a little bit of a risk, and do something innovative, give it a shot, make it feel a little younger, bring a different demographic into it."

JBHuskers
06-10-2014, 07:29 PM

Exactly. You can't make assumptions off one trailer when the game is 9-10 months away. Just because there are more fantasy courses doesn't mean things aren't fixed :fp: it's just one trailer.

bdoughty
06-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Exactly. You can't make assumptions off one trailer when the game is 9-10 months away. Just because there are more fantasy courses doesn't mean things aren't fixed :fp: it's just one trailer.

From the trailer and Peter Moore's comments above, I sure as hell can make assumptions. You are more than welcome to disagree with them but don't sit there and say I CAN'T make them. Only time will tell if those assumptions will make an ass out of you or me. ;)

JBHuskers
06-10-2014, 07:57 PM
It's a little too early for the sky is falling mentality.

Deuce
06-10-2014, 08:00 PM
Game sucks. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

bdoughty
06-10-2014, 08:07 PM

Chicken Little never played the Tiger Woods series. Had he done so...

I just remember the developers leaving us with a broken game, removal of a camera that was actually beneficial to playing from a players perspective, dropped communication in regards to the patch that never was and hours spent trying to deal with the damn golf bag glitch. Just to name a few. So I will leave my faith in the man up above and continue with my concern about the future of the Tiger Woods series.

cdj
06-10-2014, 09:08 PM

steelerfan
06-10-2014, 09:13 PM

#6 appears most appropriate here. :)

http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/19614/How-to-Deal-With-Negative-Nancy-s-Comments-in-Social-Media.aspx

cdj
06-10-2014, 09:19 PM
While I can see how the trailer was perceived as indicating that the game may be going primarily to arcade style, my guess is that there will be different and distinct sim and arcade ways to play the game. I just do not see any way the PGA lets real-life courses (especially not Augusta) get arcadified. If true, I think that is a good route for the game to help draw in more users.

bdoughty
06-10-2014, 11:09 PM
#6 appears most appropriate here. :)

http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/19614/How-to-Deal-With-Negative-Nancy-s-Comments-in-Social-Media.aspx

How dare someone bring up issues. Sorry I am not part of the EA Sports Circlejerk.

skipwondah33
06-11-2014, 01:19 PM
I didn't get much from the trailer really. Graphics look nice. And that it will have an arcade type mode as well.

Last year's version on the PS3 was much like Madden was for PS3 in terms of support so that didn't surprise me especially since they weren't releasing a game in '14 and focusing on the current gen game and rebranding from ending their relationship with Tiger.

I expect it to have a "serious" actual golf mode as well.

SCClassof93
06-12-2014, 04:44 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/EA+business+practices.+Captioned+by+me.+I+am+one+h ilarious_283eea_4486080.gif

cdj
06-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Polygon: A warship crashes into EA Sports' golf game, but it's not a disaster (http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/14/5808678/a-warship-crashes-into-ea-sports-golf-game-but-its-not-a-disaster)

I imagined Brent Nielsen, the game's executive producer, being told damn the torpedoes, and shove a destroyer through those greenside bunkers.

Nope, he told me. They weren't forced into it. Actually, that hole is, literally, the Paracel Storm multiplayer map from Battlefield 4 with a golf course laid out on it. And why EA Sports' PGA Tour developers were doing that explains, in a roundabout way, why that beauty shot of No. 17 at Sawgrass looked so damn good.

It's because it was done in Frostbite 3, the engine behind Battlefield 4. PGA Tour won't use "Ignite," which though it's referred to as a game engine is really more a collection of shared resources, assets and practices. If PGA Tour, due for release next year, was truly going to showcase a golf course in detail rich enough to be called next-gen, it needed to use Frostbite 3, Nielsen said.

"Hockey and basketball are fixed arena environments; football and soccer are fixed stadium environments," Nielsen said, referring to the four games that do use Ignite — NHL, NBA Live, Madden and FIFA. "And then you've got golf, where the environment is the experience. As we dug into it more, it made a lot of sense for us to use the Frostbite 3 engine.

As they got their feet wet with the engine, someone got the idea to pull in Paracel Storm, the Battlefield 4 map whose "levolution" event includes a destroyer running aground. Nielsen said longtime designer Justin Patel then started building a course, including a hole around that crash site. "In a couple of weeks, we were playing golf on Paracel Storm," Nielsen said. Just goofing around.

More importantly, it will improve the realism of a round played. Anyone who has logged a hundred holes or so has sliced at least one shot that, though it landed in a playable area not out of bounds, the game has called it out of bounds, set you back on the tee and penalized you a stroke. Out-of-bounds rulings in the Tiger Woods PGA Tour series on PS3 and Xbox 360 seem almost random because the way the hole loads into a single perspective, for some lies it's impossible for the game to allow any shot, even a recovery back to the fairway.

Have you noticed also that some shots will have an unfortunate lie changed to a favorable one — with no penalty —when you came to the ball? That too was because of how the game loaded the holes. It was most commonly seen in some bunkers, but I've also seen this happen when a ball lands in the rough and a tree is in the way of your backswing. In next-generation PGA Tour, suck it up, sunshine. Make your recovery and don't hit it here next time.

"It doesn't matter where you hit the ball, if it's in play, you're in trouble, and you play it where it lies," Nielsen said, of this allegedly arcade game.

HANDSWARD
06-15-2014, 07:50 PM
As they got their feet wet with the engine, someone got the idea to pull in Paracel Storm, the Battlefield 4 map whose "levolution" event includes a destroyer running aground. Nielsen said longtime designer Justin Patel then started building a course, including a hole around that crash site. "In a couple of weeks, we were playing golf on Paracel Storm," Nielsen said. Just goofing around.

I gotta admit, even though I am biased, that course is a whole lot of fun to play. I got real creative with it, especially the greens. The hole where the ship crashes isn't even my favorite hole.

JBHuskers
06-15-2014, 09:23 PM
I can't wait to play it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bdoughty
06-20-2014, 10:45 PM
Pastapadre had a poll and apparently Battleships do not build the excitement, that some at EA had hoped. (http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/06/20/nhl-15-exits-e3-in-strengthened-position-pga-tour-sunk-by-its-appearance)

Most Excited About From E3
33% Madden NFL 15
32% NHL 15
18% None
15% FIFA 15
2% PGA Tour

Least Excited About From E3
47% PGA Tour
28% Madden NFL 15
10% NHL 15
8% None
7% FIFA 15

On the bright side "None" did better than expected. ;)

SmoothPancakes
06-20-2014, 11:24 PM
For me personally, most excited about:

40% FIFA 15
40% NHL 15
15% PGA Tour
5% Madden NFL 15

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

thatBuckeye
06-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Pastapadre had a poll and apparently Battleships do not build the excitement, that some at EA had hoped. (http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/06/20/nhl-15-exits-e3-in-strengthened-position-pga-tour-sunk-by-its-appearance)

Most Excited About From E3
33% Madden NFL 15
32% NHL 15
18% None
15% FIFA 15
2% PGA Tour

Least Excited About From E3
47% PGA Tour
28% Madden NFL 15
10% NHL 15
8% None
7% FIFA 15

On the bright side "None" did better than expected. ;)

You ARE talking about Pasta users who are historically 3000% anti-EA anything.

I'm on the fence with the new PGA Game and I think Handsward knows this. I want simulation golf as much as possible but having fantasy courses like Parcel Storm is cool as long as I'm not forced into it. I certainly don't want "Hot Shots Golf" style power ups and whatnot. If I want an arcade experience I will play HSG.

Most concerning to me in the trailer was the "explosion" when the driver hit the ball off the tee. If that's in the game... (Especially) in the regular courses I may not purchase.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

HANDSWARD
06-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Yes, the sentiment on the hardcore sports sim sites is mostly negative. And the sentiment on the normal gaming sites is overwhelmingly positive. Most of those sites would never have anyone talking about a PGA TOUR game. But you show them Frostbite 3 along with a Battlefield (a game played by more people than any sports game on the market) multiplayer map that has a golf course integrated into it and you make a splash. As far as I am concerned, that trailer accomplished exactly what it needed to accomplish. Golf is a franchise that cannot survive on only golfers buying the game because a high percentage of people interested in golf are not interested in video games.

That being said, I truly believe we are building a game with gameplay that will satisfy both the golfer and the gamer.

steelerfan
06-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Yes, the sentiment on the hardcore sports sim sites is mostly negative. And the sentiment on the normal gaming sites is overwhelmingly positive. Most of those sites would never have anyone talking about a PGA TOUR game. But you show them Frostbite 3 along with a Battlefield (a game played by more people than any sports game on the market) multiplayer map that has a golf course integrated into it and you make a splash. As far as I am concerned, that trailer accomplished exactly what it needed to accomplish. Golf is a franchise that cannot survive on only golfers buying the game because a high percentage of people interested in golf are not interested in video games.

That being said, I truly believe we are building a game with gameplay that will satisfy both the golfer and the gamer.

:up:

bdoughty
06-26-2014, 02:22 AM

I just think there are far better ways to grab the casual community's attention. So while you guys will be offering some fantasy courses, based on franchises, which should attract some gamers back to the series, how long will that last? You know how dependable those gamers are. Sadly for you guys, it is only the hardcore sports gamer/golf fan that actually buys the game yearly and based on sales you obviously need a more diverse crowd. This is why I have constantly pounded the idea of a course creator, year after year after year. People love to create stuff, always have and always will. The success of Minecraft alone should have raised the alarm bells. To their credit, that other company making a golf game did.

Let's take Trials Fusion as an example. There were only so many people looking to purchase a motorcycle based game. We have seen the demise of most motocross games, when there used to be many. What has taken Trials to the next level is the Evolution (pun intended) of the track editor and of course tighter gameplay and controls. Some of the most popular user created skill games in Fusion are variations golf games. If you let them build it they will come!

My bitching and complaining comes from my love of golf games and not to see them go the way of the Dodo.

JBHuskers
06-26-2014, 10:38 AM

Can't wait to see what's going to be offered. It's still 9 months from release. One video showing integration with Battlefield isn't going to set the tone for the entire game, but it was a good idea to introduce the face that the game will run on Frostbite 3, an amazing engine.

gigemaggs99
06-28-2014, 08:43 PM
I like golf, probably my number 1 hobby, when I was a kid I used to play battleship so maybe this will be enough to get me on board (no pun intended) the PS4 yacht.

bdoughty
12-26-2014, 07:27 AM
The Cover? Just noticed it on Amazon and is being used at Gamestop.

http://i.imgur.com/0JbfbmN.jpg

JBHuskers
12-26-2014, 10:24 AM
Ahhhh 17th at Sawgrass.