View Full Version : Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One) - October 27, 2015

I OU a Beatn
05-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Something coming tomorrow?

bdoughty
05-16-2014, 07:38 AM
http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-halo-journey-announcement

http://news.xbox.com/~/media/files/hero_halo5.jpg?h=529&w=940

I’m happy to reveal that “Halo 5: Guardians,” the next installment in the legendary saga of the Master Chief, will launch on Xbox One in fall of 2015

That is a pretty big void between now and release. I know there will be an anniversary edition of Halo 2 but they better bring it at E3 with some first party goods between now and then.

SmoothPancakes
05-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Damnit! We gotta wait until next fall for it? Damnit, I was hoping for a fall release this year.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

JBHuskers
05-16-2014, 08:53 AM
I'll never really complain about a release date with as large of a backlog that I have :D I can wait.

I OU a Beatn
05-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Damnit! We gotta wait until next fall for it? Damnit, I was hoping for a fall release this year.

The stuff that guy leaked several months ago has all been true so far, which means we've got a pretty damn good chance of seeing Halo 3 and 4 ported to Xbox One in the fall, along with a full on remake of Halo 2, which includes the multiplayer.

I like it, honestly. They really need to hit this one out of the park, and the extended development time should assist in them doing that.

SmoothPancakes
05-16-2014, 11:29 AM
As long as I can get my Halo fix this fall.

JBHuskers
05-16-2014, 12:51 PM
I like it, honestly. They really need to hit this one out of the park, and the extended development time should assist in them doing that.

Yep. Because a half-assed Halo will just give Destiny that much more of a footing for FPS.

I OU a Beatn
05-16-2014, 12:55 PM
Yep. Because a half-assed Halo will just give Destiny that much more of a footing for FPS.

True, but Destiny is shooting themselves in the foot right now. That game looks worse and worse every time they show it. It'll sell well regardless because of the time frame it's releasing in, but I've gone from super hyped to now completely mellow just because of how bad the game play videos have looked.

I think Halo 5 will be really good, though. I'd say the rumors of them going open world for the single player are probably true. I personally can't wait until they start showing it off. Hoping we get some real game play next month.

JBHuskers
05-16-2014, 01:42 PM
A meaningful open world campaign for Halo would be phenomenal.

SmoothPancakes
12-19-2014, 04:01 PM
A private multiplayer beta is now OPEN! You have to be a member of the Xbox Live Preview program and should have gotten messages with codes you need to download the beta. It's live until 11:59pm PST on Sunday.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript

JBHuskers
12-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Yep, I got one too.

SmoothPancakes
12-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Yep, I know what I'm spending this entire weekend playing. :D

I OU a Beatn
12-19-2014, 10:50 PM
Played about 5 matches. Absolutely lag free and as smooth as can be. I've always loved the gun play of Halo, but hated Halo in general because of how slow it was and how limited your mobility was. That's no problem in Halo 5 as you have a ton of mobility and you actually feel fast/nimble. As someone who's always been kind of anti-Halo, I'm wildly impressed so far. It feels really, really good.

I don't know if it'll alienate old school Halo players, but I'm really liking this new direction for the franchise.

SmoothPancakes
12-19-2014, 11:28 PM
I won't get a chance to fire it up until sometime during the day on Saturday, but I'm looking forward to it!

SmoothPancakes
03-20-2015, 03:02 PM
This is why I love Halo. It seems to be officially reported that Halo 5 will have dedicated servers for all multiplayer AND custom games. :)

#TheScriptIsDead

cdj
03-29-2015, 08:34 PM
In a new live-action TV ad airing during The Walking Dead tonight, Microsoft announced that Halo 5: Guardians will release on October 27, 2015.

At the conclusion of the commercial, a still of which previously leaked, Agent Locke walks through a human city reduced to rubble, towards a statue of Master Chief. It appears that Locke is addressing the statue, but as he approaches, we see Master Chief, with a massive hole in the upper left shoulder of his armor, sitting wounded at the base of the statue. Locke angrily blames Chief for the destruction around them, saying he was humanity's savior and now betrayer. He switches to his pistol and the commercial ends as Locke draws on Chief, and then we see a Halo 5 logo screen and a release date: 10.27.15.

Courtesy: IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/30/halo-5-release-date-announced?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rd8FWUCCZk

JBHuskers
06-09-2015, 04:41 PM

SmoothPancakes
06-09-2015, 04:42 PM
:up: :clap:

SmoothPancakes
10-23-2015, 05:13 PM
Just a couple more days! After planning on going with the physical disc Limited Edition all along, tonight I've decided fuck it, I'm gonna get the digital version of the Limited Edition. I don't need the Guardian model, the dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris, nor Spartan Locke's Classified Orders. I honestly couldn't even tell you what the hell I ended up doing with the similar stuff that came with the Limited Edition of Halo 4 from 3 years ago.

About the only reason to get the physical edition would be the steelbook case, but even then, the age of digital games has made me now hate having to get up and change discs when I can just simply scroll to the game I want to play and fire it up in an instant. So fuck it, I'm going digital for Halo 5. I won't have to dick around with a disc, and thanks to pre-installing it this weekend and having Tuesday off from work, I can start playing immediately at 12:01 AM Tuesday as opposed to waiting for those fuckers at UPS to drop my game off by 4 or 4:30 PM if I'm lucky and maybe getting only a couple hours of game play in Tuesday night. That, and digital is $10 cheaper for Limited Edition compared to the physical version.

JBHuskers
10-26-2015, 09:25 AM
I barely played the collection, so I'll wait on this one for a while.

SmoothPancakes
10-26-2015, 09:32 AM
I barely played the collection, but that's because there were issues and bugs up the ass with it when it first released (and I got it day one).

So far, I'm hearing damn good things about 5, and I'm anxious as hell to dig in tonight at midnight. Already got it preloaded and ready to go.

JBHuskers
10-26-2015, 09:50 AM
Yeah I have WWE 2K16 pre-loaded so that will be what I'm doing late tonight :D when does it unlock? Is it 12 wherever you are or 12 eastern?

SmoothPancakes
10-26-2015, 09:54 AM
I think it's 12 eastern.

SmoothPancakes
10-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Plowed through the entire campaign solo last night. It was actually a pretty good one. There were times in Halo 4 where I really had no clue what the hell was going on in the story, I just knew I had to get from this point to that point. Halo 5 it was a more cohesive story in terms of what was happening, why you were doing what you were doing. And it was a pretty good story overall.

Some damn great moments throughout it. Those cut scenes looked damn amazing and the graphics, wow. Some of the Spartans looked so life like, if you were someone just passing through a room while that was being played, you might think it was a live action movie.

I haven't had a chance to dive into multiplayer yet. It was pushing 3:30am last night by the time I finished the campaign, and I had to be up this morning for a couple hours of work, but I have heard nothing but great things about the multiplayer. It sounds like true classic Halo, like a return to the glory days of Halo 2.

souljahbill
10-28-2015, 11:00 AM
Damn, were you playing on casual? 3 1/2 hours?

SmoothPancakes
10-28-2015, 12:10 PM
3 1/2 hours? It was more like 7 or 8 hours. Started playing maybe 5 or 6pm and with one or two temporary breaks, it took until 3:30am.

The campaign probably is no more than about 8 hours. Think Call of Duty length. Like COD, multiplayer is where it's at in Halo. However, while it may not win awards, the Halo campaign at least usually is better designed and written and a lot more fun than the crap stories COD calls their campaigns.

SmoothPancakes
10-28-2015, 04:19 PM
Looking at my stats right now, 8 hours and 34 minutes was what I put into the campaign last night. I make my long awaited dive into multiplayer tonight after work.