PDA

View Full Version : TGT PS3 NCAA 14 OD: 2016 - Bowl Week

cdj
04-03-2014, 07:22 AM
The week will advance again on Sunday afternoon, April 6. Please complete your bowl game by early afternoon so the offseason may begin that same day.

User v User Bowl Games

:Rose_Bowl: Rose Bowl:
#4 Ohio State (Marlowe) at #5 California (ecirp)

:Fiesta_Bowl: Fiesta Bowl:
#7 Stanford (psusnoop) at #8 Maryland (HANDSWARD)

Other Bowl Games

:New_Mexico_Bowl: New Mexico Bowl:
USF (texaco) vs. Hawai'i

:Capital_One_Bowl: Capital One Bowl:
#11 Minnesota (gschwendt) vs. #17 South Carolina

:Orange_Bowl: Orange Bowl:
#9 Arkansas (JBHuskers) vs. #14 Florida State

:Sugar_Bowl: Sugar Bowl:
#3 Oklahoma (Escobar) at #6 Notre Dame

:BCS: BCS National Championship:
#2 Tennessee (marcotte) vs. #1 New Mexico

:no_bait: Gone fishing: Washington State (cdj), Rutgers (joker)

:Heisman_Trophy: Congrats to Heisman Trophy winner, RB Barry Sanders, Jr of Stanford!

HANDSWARD
04-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Snoop, I can play tonight or Friday after 8 pm ET. The weekend is still a little up in the air for me right now. I will probably be available early evening on Saturday but it may be a small window.

gschwendt
04-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Minnesota found themselves on the losing end of a 42-6 halftime deficit but still managed to make things interesting falling just short 62-55.

Minnesota QB Mitch Leidner started the game extremely slow, only throwing for 125 yards in the first half with two interceptions and a touchdown. He came out on fire in the second half ending the game at 52/73 for 621 yards with 4 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.

The Golden Gophers now look towards the sophomore season of Coach Gschwend with most of the team returning along with some fresh faces that will make an immediate impact.

Escobar
04-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Nice to see the guys I recruited to New Mexico that first year pan out. Maybe I should have stayed there lol

psusnoop
04-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Snoop, I can play tonight or Friday after 8 pm ET. The weekend is still a little up in the air for me right now. I will probably be available early evening on Saturday but it may be a small window.

Hey Hands how about we shoot for tonight at 10pm est?

HANDSWARD
04-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Hey Hands how about we shoot for tonight at 10pm est?

Sounds good. See you then.

psusnoop
04-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Sounds good, I may be a little late but not by much.

cdj
04-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Nice to see the guys I recruited to New Mexico that first year pan out. Maybe I should have stayed there lol

I wondered how they were so good - I completely forgot you started out there. Nice recruiting!

marcotte14
04-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Tennessee rolls through New Mexico to win the National Championship. After a very slow 1st quarter, the Vols were able to pull away. "These guys deserve it" coach Marcotte said post game, "To see our seniors go out this way is just very special"

I will be graduating a decent amount. 4 of my top receivers, my 2 All-american LB's, and my starting QB (some others)

pearice
04-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Hey marlowe, best way to communicate is 3182296760.. Weekends are tough for me. My best time is after 11pm cnt because my girlfriend absorbs my time whats best for you,
?

HANDSWARD
04-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Stanford wins the Fiesta Bowl in a hard fought game over Maryland 41-31. It was a close defensive battle most of the game with big plays being the only way to TDs in the first half. The Terps started the scoring with a punt return TD and added a 81 yard TD pass early in the second. Stanford answered the special teams play with a punt return TD of their own. A couple of FGs for the Cardinal including one with a second left in the half made the score 14-13 at halftime. It stayed a defensive battle but started to turn. Both offenses were able to put longer drives together, Maryland's ending in a FG and Stanford's ending in a TD. 20-17 Stanford at the end of 3. The 4th quarter started with a bang as a hit in the backfield cause a failed option pitch by Stanford QB D. Lloyd and the resulting fumble was picked up by Maryland and taken in for a TD. Terps up 24-20. But then the Stanford offense took over. They mounted a long drive for a TD to retake the lead 27-24. A quick INT on the next possession gave them great field position and they drove it right in for another TD. Then another INT, another short drive for a TD. Maryland added a cheapy as time expired to end it at 41-31.

The loss gives Maryland a final record of 9-4. It is the first time coach Justin Patel has failed to reach double digit wins in his coaching career. However, the Terps definitely overachieved this year and were happy to play in a BCS bowl game. It was considered a rebuilding year. And with 3 straight top 10 recruiting classes the folks in College Station will be expecting big things from here on out. Very few starters will leave after this season and the team is expected to improve across the board, especially on defense.

Good game snoop. My defense ran out of gas there at the end having to be on the field pretty much all of the 4th quarter. I could do nothing to stop you. I didn't help myself with all those INTs. Thought the TE was clearing that zone on the first one but the LB went with him. After that I was just forcing it cause I was down multiple scores. I look forward to the rematch.

Marlowe
04-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Hey marlowe, best way to communicate is 3182296760.. Weekends are tough for me. My best time is after 11pm cnt because my girlfriend absorbs my time whats best for you,
?

I'm done. You can play the game whenever.

psusnoop
04-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Great game Hands and excellent recap. That game was a blast and I look forward to the rematch as well!

pearice
04-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Plan on playing my game here shortly.

cdj
04-05-2014, 10:43 AM
JB, Escobar, and ecirp remain.