PDA

View Full Version : inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)

cdj
03-20-2014, 07:34 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7319/13298338544_d36864e210_o.jpg
Amazon Purchase Link: PlayStation 4 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BGAA0SU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00BGAA0SU&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20)

Use this thread to share your thoughts, ask questions, or post final next-gen game media from around the web for inFAMOUS: Second Son.

cdj
03-20-2014, 07:39 PM
The Day One patch comes in at 300 MB and includes six weeks of additional episodic content (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/infamous-second-son-day-one-patch-includes-free-six-weeks-of-additional-episodic-content/1100-6418443/):

Listed in the review notes for inFamous: Second Son are details on additional content players will be able to access along with the day-one patch for the game. The approximately 300MB patch also includes the standard bug fixes and minor gameplay tweaks.

The additional storyline included in the patch is described as "an innovative storyline in the narrative of the game world, but that also has content and gameplay outside the PS4 game itself." It mentions that sharp-eyed players may have noticed an easter egg in the game's TV commercial directing them to www.enjoyyourpower.com, a still-unfolding ARG created by developer Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment that ties into Second Son. The description says, "At the end of the rabbit hole is six weeks of weekly episodic game content that weaves in and out of the game, giving you more gameplay and backstory on the world of Second Son."

In the game, you'll have access to the first mission in the Paper Trail storyline, but it's essentially free content that adds "approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay" through 19 additional story mission. The patch also includes Cole's Legacy Content Pack, which is a free upgrade for player's who pre-ordered the game. The four additional story missions in this content pack add approximately one hour of gameplay and "explore the events immediately following inFamous 2.

The day-one patch includes the following fine tuning adjustments and bug fixes:

- Difficulty Balance

Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers
Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
Karma progression extended to support longer playtime

- Boss Fights

The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun
More dynamic boss behaviors and attacks

- Pedestrians and DUPs

Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids

- Technical Improvements

Graphics and performance improvements
Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC

CLW
03-21-2014, 07:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gACPlAiFlRo

CLW
03-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Played through and cleared the 1st portion of Seattle (so I'm not too far into the game). It's pretty impressive graphically and the gameplay is pretty good but the story thus far is only so/so (which were my probs with the 1st 2 in the series). Right now I'd give it prob between a 7.7 - 8.0 out of 10. If the story grabs me it might go higher but otherwise its a solid title just nothing great/legendary going on (at least for me).

cdj
04-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Another patch en route in the next two weeks or so (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/01/infamous-second-son-patch-bringing-new-features):

Sucker Punch has announced Infamous: Second Son will be getting its first proper update in around two weeks, where several new features will be added.

The patch is said to have been designed in direct response to fan complaints, and the team is apparently planning to continuing rolling out new additions to the game as more feedback is received.

The first new addition is the ability to change the time of day once you've beaten the game. An entry in the option menu will allow you to switch as you please. That's not the only new option on the way though; you'll also be able to switch the HUD on and off from the menu, to enable you to get the perfect screenshot.

Finally, Sucker Punch has acknowledged that while the game was designed to be played with an unlocked frame rate, some people would rather it was locked. As such, an option will be included to prevent the game from bumping above 30fps that you can switch on if you're so inclined.

cdj
04-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Played through and cleared the 1st portion of Seattle (so I'm not too far into the game). It's pretty impressive graphically and the gameplay is pretty good but the story thus far is only so/so (which were my probs with the 1st 2 in the series). Right now I'd give it prob between a 7.7 - 8.0 out of 10. If the story grabs me it might go higher but otherwise its a solid title just nothing great/legendary going on (at least for me).

The game save says I am at 50%, but I clear out everything in each area and I think I have two+ finished. Graphically, the game is very impressive. I like the story, but feel it needs something. Though, that might change when I finish the story. Right now, I think Reggie is a better character than Delsin, which is weird.

I have heard good things about the Paper Trail and Cole DLC, but have yet to start either.

If you guys have any great or funny screen captures, please post them here. I am thinking of gathering 10-15 of them from the community/Twitter. This game seems to have rejuvenated the PS4 share feature.

CLW
04-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Finished the story on a good play through. Graphically the game is amazing and the gameplay is solid but the story just didn't grab me (which is usually my problem with open world games). I'd give it a 7.9 out of 10. Prob going to go through and clear all of the districts now then give it a rest and come back for the bad play through and :plat:

gschwendt
04-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Photo mode coming in patch expected tomorrow... more games need this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SbkvRpL72mo

JBHuskers
04-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Do you have to play the first two before playing this one?

gschwendt
04-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Do you have to play the first two before playing this one?

No, not really. There are small nods to them but the story isn't dependent on them.

JBHuskers
04-16-2014, 12:42 PM
No, not really. There are small nods to them but the story isn't dependent on them.

Cool, thanks.

gschwendt
04-19-2014, 01:24 PM
I got the platinum last night...

I OU a Beatn
04-19-2014, 01:38 PM
That's a perfect picture for the occasion, too.

Did you ever get around to getting the platinum in the original? I'm pretty sure I remember you saying something about missing a couple of blast shards.

gschwendt
04-19-2014, 02:00 PM
That's a perfect picture for the occasion, too.

Did you ever get around to getting the platinum in the original? I'm pretty sure I remember you saying something about missing a couple of blast shards.
Nope... I need to go back and do that some day, just sit down for an hour and visit every location one by one. I did that once but still somehow missed one.

gschwendt
04-20-2014, 03:36 PM
After visiting all of the "infamous" locations for the missing blast shard in Infamous 1, I decided to go sector by sector clearing each one out, marking them off a map, etc. I did that before but still was missing one. Finally, after an hour and having visited probably half of the entire map...

http://i.imgur.com/JUNh1V4.png

I have now platinumed all 3 Infamous games... my only other platinum being Uncharted 2.

I OU a Beatn
04-20-2014, 03:40 PM
G going hard for back to back trophy whore of the month awards.

JBHuskers
04-20-2014, 05:18 PM
It took him a while to become a true whore :nod:

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

cdj
04-22-2014, 07:19 AM
ESG has put together 80+ of the best SS screens taken in-game with the new Photo Mode. (http://www.evilsourcegaming.com/news/collection-of-infamous-second-son-picture-mode-shots/)

JBHuskers
04-22-2014, 09:34 AM
The ass staring one :D :D

SmoothPancakes
05-14-2014, 11:14 PM
Just started this bad boy up. I was only planning on buying MLB The Show today and then Watch_Dogs being my second PS4 game, but I ended up impulsing buying this today while at Gamestop. Still in the very first minutes of the game, currently going through the post-Hank scenes. I'm liking it so far. It does look really damn good graphically. Not sure what to expect with the story, nor whether or not this story will be missing something, as a couple of you guys have mention, since I've never played either of the previous inFAMOUS games.

SmoothPancakes
05-16-2014, 10:18 PM
I gotta say, I am really enjoying this game. I just got access to the Lantern District. I'm a Paragon and according to the save file I am 58% of the way through the game. Christ, I bought a PS4 for the reason of playing MLB: The Show, and yet, I've only played MLB so far just on Wednesday and have played solely inFAMOUS for the last two days. I've had a lot of fun with this game. Depending on what the details of whatever that game streaming thing is called (Gaikai or whatever the hell it is), I'm gonna have to look into trying to get inFAMOUS 1 and 2 if they ever have them available.

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2014, 03:46 AM
Just finished my first time through this game a couple hours ago. I really enjoyed it. The story seemed rather short but it was still a lot of fun. Now it'll be time to dive back into MLB for a while before coming back to this sometime down the road and playing through it a second time in an Evil Karma playthrough to get the Evil Karma related trophies as well as try to mop up whatever remaining trophies I can.

Escobar
05-18-2014, 02:35 PM
Christ, I bought a PS4 for the reason of playing MLB: The Show, and yet, I've only played MLB so far just on Wednesday and have played solely inFAMOUS for the last two days.

I'm like this, but with The Show. I bought it just to mess around, but it's the only gave I've played the past week.

Rudy
05-18-2014, 03:14 PM
I heard this game was short. I remember playing over 40 hours of inFamous 1 on just the good side. Some stuff was too repetitive though.

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm like this, but with The Show. I bought it just to mess around, but it's the only gave I've played the past week.

Yeah, I hadn't planned on getting this game, but while in Gamestop on Wednesday to buy my PS4 and The Show, I ended up buying it after looking at it on the shelf.

I heard this game was short. I remember playing over 40 hours of inFamous 1 on just the good side. Some stuff was too repetitive though.

It definitely is. I bought my PS4 on Wednesday and spent that day playing The Show. I didn't start playing Second Son until sometime Thursday afternoon, and I just finished the game on a Good Karma playthrough last night around 2am.

Since I'm still getting used to the PS4 and where everything is located, I have no clue how to check the amount of time you've played a game, but, it was three days to finish the story and complete all of the extra stuff (D.U.P. command centers, tracker drones, shards, secret agents, spray painting, etc). The only thing I have to do in the game now while playing in the post-story free roam, is fighting various D.U.P. forces as they randomly invade a district every now and then. And in fact, last night and just this afternoon, I finished up all six parts of the Paper Trail DLC. So The Paper Trail is done as well. That just leaves going through the story a second time to get the Evil Karma trophies and try for the platinum trophy, and then I'll pretty much be done.

I rarely ever trade-in or sell my games (I think I sold maybe 5-10 games total out of the dozens upon dozens of 360 games I own), but when I complete the Evil Karma playthrough and try for the platinum, I'll probably trade it in or sell it first chance I get to maximize the amount of money I can back for it since it's only two months old. Just not really something I'd probably play again down the road like some of my other games. The story, far shorter than I expected it to be, is what it is, and the extra stuff they have in the game for you to do, there just isn't that much of it. It's a limited amount of things to do and once you do them, that's it, you're left with nothing to do in the game.

It is a fun game, I really did enjoy it, but between the short story and the lack of things to do once you complete all the extras, in the words of CLW, probably better as a Gamefly rental than an actual purchase.

CLW
06-09-2014, 10:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpS-oadeewo

Rudy
06-10-2014, 03:51 AM
So it's an entirely new game?

Rudy
06-10-2014, 03:57 AM
Sorry, double post

CLW
06-10-2014, 06:26 AM
So it's an entirely new game?

Yes and no. You don't have to own Second Son to buy/play First Light. However, if you do from what I recall they said there would be extra content.

CLW
06-10-2014, 05:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LelGO-bz2So

CLW
06-10-2014, 05:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOzL8c3o6_o

bdoughty
08-04-2014, 06:48 AM
The gameplay is terrific and the graphics are really purdy. I bought the first two Infamous games in the collection right before I sold my PS3, so my experience with the game is minimal at best. I am only a few hours in but I am taking my sweet time with the game, making sure each territory is completely clear. Might be a short game for some but I tend to take my sweet ass time with open world games and not race through the story. Enjoying it so much I pre-ordered the DLC.

The one part of the PS4 controller I am starting to love is the touch screen. Very nicely used in this game and also in Trials Fusion for quick restarts. The use of the controller speaker is also done nicely in the game.

Only plan to go through the game once since Platunums do little for me. So the question nobody asked... On your first run were you a good or bad little beanie headed punk? I am going for good Karma, it's the only time I get any praise and admiration.

cdj
08-04-2014, 07:49 AM
Played for good karma as well. I don't know if I will get the DLC, but I enjoyed Second Son so maybe I will down the line.

SmoothPancakes
08-04-2014, 10:05 AM
The gameplay is terrific and the graphics are really purdy. I bought the first two Infamous games in the collection right before I sold my PS3, so my experience with the game is minimal at best. I am only a few hours in but I am taking my sweet time with the game, making sure each territory is completely clear. Might be a short game for some but I tend to take my sweet ass time with open world games and not race through the story. Enjoying it so much I pre-ordered the DLC.

The one part of the PS4 controller I am starting to love is the touch screen. Very nicely used in this game and also in Trials Fusion for quick restarts. The use of the controller speaker is also done nicely in the game.

Only plan to go through the game once since Platunums do little for me. So the question nobody asked... On your first run were you a good or bad little beanie headed punk? I am going for good Karma, it's the only time I get any praise and admiration.

I too went through and did every single little thing in each territory, completely clearing it 100% of all things that could be done in it. It still took less than three days to beat the game on a Good Karma playthrough. Unless you literally just take a Sunday stroll down each street in the game, you'll be done with the story in no time. It's a good game, I definitely enjoyed myself, but it's short.

bdoughty
08-16-2014, 06:33 AM
Just finished completing it 100% stage 5 Good Karma. Fun game but like so many open world games, they are just closed off to the indoors. GTAV had more indoor gamelpay and that is saying a lot. I will never understand making these big beautiful open worlds and locking every door.

Neon is easily the best power for my limited abilities. I think they started running out of ideas when they got to concrete. Did not really care for the video one either. Looking forward to first light and I will drop this one in from time to time to hit some of the other achievements that are interesting. It did not take me very long to lose all my Karma and only a step away from Infamous. Finally I get to drop kick some protesters.