PDA

View Full Version : Where Should I Start With Rock Music?

dhook27
12-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Tbh I really wanna get into Rock music more like I am into Hip-Hop. The only bands I extensively listen to are MGMT and The Pixies. Now I know there’s a whole lot of different genres of Rock so basing me off MGMT an The Pixies what other artist(s), bands, or albums should I check out?
-Thanks!

Stan HAMsen
12-04-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm a fan of the Pixies. Have you explored the offshoots? Frank Black's first 2 solo records are really brilliant (IMO) and 3 -5 are also quite good while being more "rock" than the Pixies ever, short of, like, "UMass" I guess. The Breeders' EPs "Pod" and "Safari" are both fun and underrated/over looked. For that matter, don't sleep on any of the Pixies material either. If there is one of their albums that you don't have yet, it's likely to be THE BEST ONE!!! so hurry up and check that one out too.

Kingpin32
12-04-2013, 09:13 PM
I think the easiest suggestion would be to get some software like Spotify, and then going to the MGMT artist page and looking at related artists. That would be the best start for you, cause you'll be listening to artists similar to them. That's how I like finding out about new artists.

Marlowe
12-09-2013, 08:15 AM
If you like MGMT check out Empire of the Sun. Their first album was closer to MGMT's sound whereas the second album, while similar, is a bit more pop.

GatorfanStovy
12-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Linkin Park , P.O.D, Papa Roach, Theory of Deadman. so many others. Just google top 20 rock artist and go from there.