PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 4 (PS4 & XB1)

cdj
11-10-2013, 10:17 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7387/10792464854_1cf06e38e4_o.jpg

Amazon purchase links: PlayStation 4 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CXCCFSI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CXCCFSI&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20) - Xbox One (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CXCCB64/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CXCCB64&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20)

Use this thread to share your thoughts, ask questions, look for friends to play online, or post final next-gen game media from around the web for Battlefield 4.

psusnoop
11-19-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm having a blast with this game, played a ton.

If you have questions please ask.

JBHuskers
11-19-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm having a blast with this game, played a ton.

If you have questions please ask.

How many days will it take before I pass you in k/d again? I'll say four. ;)

I OU a Beatn
11-19-2013, 06:26 PM
I sent a FR to you guys on Battlelog, by the way.

psusnoop
11-19-2013, 07:09 PM
I sent a FR to you guys on Battlelog, by the way.

Sweet, I will be online later this evening to play if your around.

psusnoop
11-19-2013, 07:10 PM
How many days will it take before I pass you in k/d again? I'll say four. ;)

Your to busy to play!!! Lol

Plus your cheese of a shotgun is saving your ass hahahaha

JBHuskers
11-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Your to busy to play!!! Lol

Plus your cheese of a shotgun is saving your ass hahahaha

That's why I said four days ;)

psusnoop
11-19-2013, 08:45 PM
That's why I said four days ;)

Christ I will have a .10 gap by nights end. :)

Kingpin32
11-20-2013, 11:14 AM
I need start playing with you guys. I finally took the wrapper off the game last night.

psusnoop
11-20-2013, 07:09 PM
I need start playing with you guys. I finally took the wrapper off the game last night.

:up:

cdj
11-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Double XP starting tomorrow; running Nov 28 - Dec 5.

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Big day for Battlefield peeps on the PS4. New patch to FINALLY elminate the one-shot kill glitch, and also to fix the audio on the system video recording.

Also for Premium members the China Rising DLC is out today too.

I might do some streaming tonight of the new maps.

Kingpin32
12-03-2013, 02:20 PM
You guys let me know when you're playing. I literally have only played it once since I've gotten it.

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 02:50 PM
You guys let me know when you're playing. I literally have only played it once since I've gotten it.

On average we get on around 9 central. I'm going to get on earlier tonight so I can stream the new maps for those who don't have the Premium membership.

Did you get Premium Kingpin?

Stan HAMsen
12-03-2013, 02:58 PM
I literally have only played it once since I've gotten it.

My launch bundle came with BF4. Still in the shrink-wrap.

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 03:04 PM

:smh:

Kingpin32
12-03-2013, 03:15 PM
On average we get on around 9 central. I'm going to get on earlier tonight so I can stream the new maps for those who don't have the Premium membership.

Did you get Premium Kingpin?
I don't think I have Premium, but doesn't the China Rising come with preorders? I'll have to look at my case again. I gotta work tonight, so I'll most likely miss ya'll, but I'm down for tomorrow night.

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 03:16 PM
I don't think I have Premium, but doesn't the China Rising come with preorders? I'll have to look at my case again. I gotta work tonight, so I'll most likely miss ya'll, but I'm down for tomorrow night.

Yes, but I don't think you'll get it until the 17th. Premium gets it two weeks early.

Kingpin32
12-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Oooh ok, then I definitely don't have Premium.

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Premium is well worth it. I had it for Battlefield 3 too. A bunch of extra perks, bonuses, double XP events, etc. on top of the other four DLC packs.

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 05:47 PM
China Rising is on disc. No download needed. Not sure if it is unlocked for non-Premium users yet though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

Stan HAMsen
12-03-2013, 05:50 PM

I intend to give it a fair shake at some point, but I'm not a big fan of these kinds of games. In fairness to BF4, it isn't the only PS4 game still in the shrink.

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 07:44 PM
I'll start steaming the new China Rising maps a little after 8 central.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

psusnoop
12-03-2013, 08:01 PM
I would really like to get some more players involved while JB and I play.

One big thing that we have noticed is that the guns you get to start without unlocking things are better (most cases) or equal to right from the start.

If you do want to play and get into it, I suggest the battlelog app as it's a pretty cool feature and it helps with your load outs as well.

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm now live streaming the new China Rising DLC on the PS4 --- www.twitch.tv/JBHuskers

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Well scratch that. I thought the DLC was on disc because they were showing up in the server browser. So no clue what's going on with the China Rising DLC.

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 09:28 PM
China Rising DLC for Battlefield 4 is FINALLY out there for PS4 Premium members now...

psusnoop
12-03-2013, 11:26 PM
:up:

cdj
12-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Fixing Battlefield 4 is now a priority for DICE (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/04/ea-fixing-battlefield-4-a-priority-for-dice/)

DICE has halted all work on everything but Battlefield 4 until the issues plaguing the game have been resolved, publisher EA has claimed. DICE is currently working on the Mirror's Edge reboot and the upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront game, as well as the remaining Battlefield 4 expansions. What this means for those games and the state of the developer's pipeline remains to be seen.

"We know we still have a ways to go with fixing the game – it is absolutely our #1 priority. The team at DICE is working non-stop to update the game," an EA representative told IGN. "We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel your pain. We will not stop until this is right."

As for releasing China Rising, the first of five major expansion packs planned for Battlefield 4, during these ongoing issues, EA told IGN the expansion was "already in the final stages of development by the time issues began with Battlefield 4," so the company "decided to fulfill our promise to deliver it this week."

EA has issued several patches for Battlefield 4 since its launch, including a fix for the one-hit kill glitch that has been seen in the PC version – the same patch that has since been delayed for PS4 – and improvements to the still-a-bit-shaky online stability of the PS4 game. As a result of issues across all platforms, DICE decided to reward those who've stuck with Battlefield 4 through the hard times with a double XP fan appreciation event, which ends tomorrow.

Battlefield 4 patched for PS3, 'small patch' for PS4 (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/05/battlefield-4-patched-for-ps3-small-patch-for-ps4/)

Battlefield 4 developer DICE has rolled out a pair of patches to PlayStation platforms that should help alleviate the work needed to fix the game. The significant PlayStation 3 patch is currently available in "all territories except North America." The studio is shooting to get the NA version live "as soon as possible."

The PlayStation 4 patch is a field dressing. It fixes the "one-hit kill" bug, enables audio in video capture and should fix a crash that occurs when "having a very large amounts of Friends." Let's gloss over the face that a core competence of Battlefield is supposed to be playing with lots of friends.

DICE notes, "We are already working on the next PS4 update that will contain more fixes and have a bigger focus on game stability. Stay tuned."

The Xbox One patch is still planned for this week.

Kingpin32
12-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Anybody wanna play tonight? I'm pretty much stuck in the house for the weekend thanks to this ice storm that's about to storm through Dallas.

psusnoop
12-08-2013, 05:52 AM
Anybody wanna play tonight? I'm pretty much stuck in the house for the weekend thanks to this ice storm that's about to storm through Dallas.

Shoot me a text anytime you want to play! I rarely check the boards later at night.

I will be playing tonight anytime from 11pm to 2am est. I'm guessing JB will also be playing a little bit too.

JBHuskers
12-09-2013, 10:03 AM
The China Rising maps are pretty damn fun.

Cannot wait for Second Assult. Gonna be cool to see four old maps with the Frostbite 3.

CLW
12-11-2013, 10:08 PM
EA Investigated by Law Firm Over Battlefield 4The saga continues.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/12/ea-investigated-by-law-firm-over-battlefield-4?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I OU a Beatn
12-11-2013, 10:18 PM
:D

CLW
12-12-2013, 06:31 AM

That lawsuit could be a BEAST as well. I don't follow the stock but I presume the stock has fallen quite a bit since that conference call. Basically, EA could be on the hook for EVERY $ that the stock lost for the shareholders that bought shares during that time frame.

I OU a Beatn
12-12-2013, 11:12 AM
I have no pity. The game in it's launch and current state is hot garbage. There is absolutely no doubt that EA knew it wasn't ready and released it anyway so it could compete with this year's Call of Duty. They deserve every single thing that potentially happens.

cdj
12-12-2013, 10:20 PM
It seems like people either have no issues or it is virtually unplayable for them. Hearing of the issues has tempered my enthusiasm towards starting the PS4 version.

Apparently there may (or may not) be some rare Easter Egg in the game. While some started looking for Megaladon, it's looking like it may (or may not) be something dinosaur/Jurassic Park-related (http://kotaku.com/watch-these-bf4-players-search-for-a-mythical-hidden-sh-1481962791) (see towards end of article). It's cool when devs add stuff like this, but reflects poorly on the team when there are long-lasting major issues. (Though, the guys who likely added any Easter Eggs properly weren't working on the game aspects that are borked, but that is no consolation.)

JBHuskers
12-13-2013, 09:52 AM
Yeah I'm definitely in the "little to no issue" camp, and I think Snoop is as well. I've been in 33 hours of play time into it, I think Snoop is around 55-60. Having an absolute blast with the game.

I OU a Beatn
12-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Yeah I'm definitely in the "little to no issue" camp, and I think Snoop is as well. I've been in 33 hours of play time into it, I think Snoop is around 55-60. Having an absolute blast with the game.

But you're also someone who isn't going to have complaints unless something is majorly broken. A lot of people are not like that. I don't have the disconnections very often, but the subtle lag, hit detection and the fact I have to burst fire anything over 15 feet is just asinine. You're experiencing those things, too, you're just not paying a whole lot of attention to it. EVERYONE is dealing with the hit detection being borked, it just affects some players more than others due to play style.

I run around the whole match and rely on reflexes to kill people, and it's painstakingly obvious to me when I get screwed out of a kill due to poor hit detection.

The potential is there for a really good game, but I can't have fun with it when my shots don't register. Also, I should note that I didn't have ANY hit detection problems on the PS3 version. However, on the PS4 and Xbox One versions, it's clearly there. I've played the PS4 version more, but it is right there in my face virtually every match on both systems for me.

CLW
12-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Yeah I never even popped my rental in. I just mailed it back to GameFly on Thursday. I'll just ride with Killzone when/if I get the desire to :sick:

JBHuskers
12-13-2013, 11:40 AM
But you're also someone who isn't going to have complaints unless something is majorly broken. A lot of people are not like that. I don't have the disconnections very often, but the subtle lag, hit detection and the fact I have to burst fire anything over 15 feet is just asinine. You're experiencing those things, too, you're just not paying a whole lot of attention to it. EVERYONE is dealing with the hit detection being borked, it just affects some players more than others due to play style.

I run around the whole match and rely on reflexes to kill people, and it's painstakingly obvious to me when I get screwed out of a kill due to poor hit detection.

The potential is there for a really good game, but I can't have fun with it when my shots don't register. Also, I should note that I didn't have ANY hit detection problems on the PS3 version. However, on the PS4 and Xbox One versions, it's clearly there. I've played the PS4 version more, but it is right there in my face virtually every match on both systems for me.

I never use burst fire and I'm not having a problem. Maybe you just need to adjust your playstyle :D

Stan HAMsen
12-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Hearing of the issues has tempered my enthusiasm towards starting the PS4 version.

Same, except that I never really had any enthusiasm for this title to begin with.

I OU a Beatn
12-13-2013, 01:43 PM
I never use burst fire and I'm not having a problem. Maybe you just need to adjust your playstyle :D

I definitely don't(and it's not just me, anyway). I don't know what my k/d ratio is, but I'm pretty sure it's above 1, meaning that even with all the issues I'm having, I'm doing better than average. It's simply me getting a jump on people, trying to go full auto, and the vast majority of my bullets not registering. It's gotten to the point where I exclusively run around with my M16, because if I'm going to have to burst fire, I might as well use a gun designed for it. Even with a burst fire weapon, I can still feel some of my bullets going astray even though it shows me as getting a hit on the enemy.

Do a quick search around the internet for it. If you're not having any problems, then you're in the vast, and I mean VAST minority. There's tons of people noticing the hit detection, constants disconnections for some people, constant lag for some people, horrible spawn location and logic, and all kinds of other glitches. There's a ton of things that are wrong with this game, and it's specifically because it was rushed to beat Call of Duty Ghosts to the market.

You didn't have any problems with NCAA 14 either, and I could write a laundry list of things wrong with that game. Which is fine. If you're able to accept these games and their problems, awesome, it's probably a good trait to have because you can enjoy games for what they are. But, that doesn't mean other people aren't going to identify these problems and want them resolved so that they can enjoy a cleaner and bug free experience.

JBHuskers
12-13-2013, 01:47 PM
I definitely don't(and it's not just me, anyway). I don't know what my k/d ratio is, but I'm pretty sure it's above 1, meaning that even with all the issues I'm having, I'm doing better than average. It's simply me getting a jump on people, trying to go full auto, and the vast majority of my bullets not registering. It's gotten to the point where I exclusively run around with my M16, because if I'm going to have to burst fire, I might as well use a gun designed for it. Even with a burst fire weapon, I can still feel some of my bullets going astray even though it shows me as getting a hit on the enemy.

Do a quick search around the internet for it. If you're not having any problems, then you're in the vast, and I mean VAST minority. There's tons of people noticing the hit detection, constants disconnections for some people, constant lag for some people, horrible spawn location and logic, and all kinds of other glitches. There's a ton of things that are wrong with this game, and it's specifically because it was rushed to beat Call of Duty Ghosts to the market.

You didn't have any problems with NCAA 14 either, and I could write a laundry list of things wrong with that game. Which is fine. If you're able to accept these games and their problems, awesome, it's probably a good trait to have because you can enjoy games for what they are. But, that doesn't mean other people aren't going to identify these problems and want them resolved so that they can enjoy a cleaner and bug free experience.

You forget that people that post on the internet bitching are a VAST minority :D

I OU a Beatn
12-13-2013, 01:52 PM
You forget that people that post on the internet bitching are a VAST minority :D

True, but if these issues weren't as widespread as what they are, you wouldn't see every video game news outlet continually reporting on the issues. You also wouldn't see EA being investigated for a potential lawsuit. You also wouldn't see DICE talking about putting all their other projects on hold until they can fix all the issues with Battlefield 4.

Like I said, being able to overlook issues with the game is great trait to have; I honestly wish I was able to do the same. However, I can't, and there's no getting around that the online portion of this game right now and ever since launch has been hot garbage and seemingly everyone involved (DICE, media, investors, countless customers on the internet) acknowledges that.

oweb26
12-13-2013, 01:56 PM
True, but if these issues weren't as widespread as what they are, you wouldn't see every video game news outlet continually reporting on the issues. You also wouldn't see EA being investigated for a potential lawsuit. You also wouldn't see DICE talking about putting all their other projects on hold until they can fix all the issues with Battlefield 4.

Like I said, being able to overlook issues with the game is great trait to have; I honestly wish I was able to do the same. However, I can't, and there's no getting around that the online portion of this game right now and ever since launch has been hot garbage and seemingly everyone involved (DICE, media, investors, countless customers on the internet) acknowledges that.

You played NCAA for years of course you can overlook them. :D

I OU a Beatn
12-13-2013, 01:59 PM
You played NCAA for years of course you can overlook them. :D

Of course I played them, and I also bitched about all the issues they always had. :D

The difference here and why I played NCAA and not Battlefield, I could only get my college football fix from that game. Where as I can get my shooter fix from the endless shooters on the market. Battlefield peeves me especially, though, because I got the Premium membership and I feel as though I'm owed at least a halfway decent game where at the bare minimum if I shoot someone I get correct hit detection.

I guess I should consider myself lucky, though, as a lot of people can't even stay connected to games, and at least up to this point, I have not had that problem. Minor but consistent lag, horrific hit detection, and terrible spawn logic are my huge issues.

cdj
12-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Another law firm lining up vs EA in regards to B4 (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/18/lawsuit-filed-against-ea-over-buggy-battlefield-4?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social):

It's been only a week since the news broke that EA is being investigated by a US law firm over Battlefield 4; now the publisher is looking down the barrel of more legal trouble. The team behind the infamous Enron lawsuit has commenced a second class-action lawsuit against EA, making similar claims that the publisher made "materially false and misleading statements" regarding Battlefield 4.

Along those same lines, another game update is now available (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/18/three-battlefield-4-updates-follow-xbox-ones-bug-squashing-lead/).

JBHuskers
12-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Even though switching teams/squads to join your friends isn't that big of a pain in the ass, I still wish they'd fix Battlelog so I could join right into the squad of a friend.

THE PRUDENT
12-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Add me guys I would love to play with some of yall. GT is THE PRUDENT. What modes do you all usually play? I play TDM when im rolling solo, but in a squad I love rush an conquest. Its my first go at Battlefield and I love it. I saw some of you guys don't like having to burst fire to hit people...I personally don't mind it bc anytime you hold down the trigger and just go for it you will lose some accuracy. My one bit of advice would be to try out the different scopes bc to me each one of them changes the way you need to shoot depending on the scope. For example, the acog is awful to me..i cant control the recoil with that scope to save my life, but with the same gun and a different scope I can control it a lot better. But yall add me...I would love to squad up.

I OU a Beatn
12-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Yes, but you're not losing accuracy in this game. Your shots are simply not registering even though they should be, aka, terrible game mechanics.

psusnoop
12-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Add me guys I would love to play with some of yall. GT is THE PRUDENT. What modes do you all usually play? I play TDM when im rolling solo, but in a squad I love rush an conquest. Its my first go at Battlefield and I love it. I saw some of you guys don't like having to burst fire to hit people...I personally don't mind it bc anytime you hold down the trigger and just go for it you will lose some accuracy. My one bit of advice would be to try out the different scopes bc to me each one of them changes the way you need to shoot depending on the scope. For example, the acog is awful to me..i cant control the recoil with that scope to save my life, but with the same gun and a different scope I can control it a lot better. But yall add me...I would love to squad up.

I will be online tonight after 11:30pm, look me up gamertag is : psusnoop

cdj
12-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Third law firm looking into action against EA as a result of B4 issues:

EA has been under a lot of scrutiny lately. First, law firm Holzer Holzer & Fistel, LLC launched an investigation to uncover whether or not the company deliberately misled investors on the state of Battlefield 4 and the game's impact on company revenue. Then, law firm Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, LLP filed a class action lawsuit against the publisher. Now, law firm Bower Piven has likewise filed for a class action lawsuit, and is currently seeking a lead plaintiff.

Investors who lost more than $200,000 between July 24 and December 4 of this year have until February 17, 2014 to contact Bower Piven, should they wish to take up the mantle of lead plaintiff. The law firm alleges that EA violated the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 by failing to disclose the game's multitude of issues before release, which in turn left investors unable to make informed choices about their investments. EA's stock declined sharply following the announcement that future DICE projects would be put on hold until Battlefield 4 was fixed, hence Bower Piven's case.

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/21/ea-finds-itself-in-third-law-firms-iron-sights-over-battlefield/)

ryby6969
12-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Just picked this up today so I will look for you guys when I am on.

JBHuskers
12-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Just picked this up today so I will look for you guys when I am on.

Snoop and I are usually on around 9 central. I'm thinking the same will hold true tonight.

psusnoop
12-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Snoop and I are usually on around 9 central. I'm thinking the same will hold true tonight.

We will for sure be on ryby, want me to text you? It may be 1030-1045pm roughly.

ryby6969
12-28-2013, 01:26 AM
We will for sure be on ryby, want me to text you? It may be 1030-1045pm roughly.

Friday nights are not good for me obviously as I am getting ready for work now. :D

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Friday nights are not good for me obviously as I am getting ready for work now. :D

Well then you could play before you get ready for work :D

cdj
12-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Connectivity issues continue across multiple platforms. (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/30/battlefield-4-connectivity-issues-continue-across-various-platf/)

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Played a few games the past few nights on PS4. All the matches were just infested with lag. I can't believe I actually forked over $50 for Premium. :smh:

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Snoop and I haven't seen lag, but we play official servers and Domination.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

psusnoop
12-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Yeah our games have been smooth and really enjoyable. Hmm that is weird you seen that IOU.

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't always see it. Sometimes it's smooth. Other times it's not bad but I can definitely notice it. Then I sometimes get weird stuff like players disappearing or shooting at someone who doesn't take damage or take a ton of damage and kill me with 1 or 2 shots. Finally, I sometimes get hardcore rubber band lag with my player bouncing all over the place and enemies doing the same thing. It's completely hit or miss.

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 05:59 PM
I've never seen lag that bad ever on PS4. Only had PS3 for a week or two before PS4 and it was fine then.

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 06:04 PM
It's completely different for everyone. There's people that still can't connect at all. It's an absolute mess.

CLW
12-30-2013, 06:20 PM
It's completely different for everyone. There's people that still can't connect at all. It's an absolute mess.

Should become EA's new moto.... :nod:

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 06:32 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=717380&page=78

Check that thread out. All kinds of different problems for different people. Easily the most inconsistent crap shoot of a game I've played in recent memory. Disappointing because when it works, it's fun.

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 07:12 PM
"THE END OF DECEMBER 2XP EVENT FOR PREMIUM MEMBERS HAS BEEN POSTPONED AND WILL BE RUN AT A LATER DATE. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE."

:fp:

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 07:13 PM
It's double XP, not the end of the world :D

CLW
12-30-2013, 07:17 PM
"THE END OF DECEMBER 2XP EVENT FOR PREMIUM MEMBERS HAS BEEN POSTPONED AND WILL BE RUN AT A LATER DATE. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE."

:fp:

Need a lawyer IOU we can sue EA for breach of an oral contract class action style for my retirement payday of course. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 07:24 PM
It's double XP, not the end of the world :D

I don't care about the event. It's more about them being so incompetent they can't even manage to do something as simple as that when they say.

psusnoop
12-30-2013, 07:37 PM
I don't think I've ever seen anyone bouncing around, I have seen players just sitting there and appear to have lost connection but that happens on CoD, bf3, bf4 on ps3 and ps4 so nothing new there as people lose connection all the time. Heck I keep forgetting to change my time for my ps3 to kick on and keep getting booted at 12:30-1:00am everyday lmao!

The only thing I see is the lack of players on china rising. I think lots of people are playing the maps but the search isn't picking it up but that is just a guess on my part.

SmoothPancakes
12-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Need a lawyer IOU we can sue EA for breach of an oral contract class action style for my retirement payday of course. :nod:

Will you be going after 2K Sports and NBA 2K14 as well?

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 07:50 PM
I don't think I've ever seen anyone bouncing around, I have seen players just sitting there and appear to have lost connection but that happens on CoD, bf3, bf4 on ps3 and ps4 so nothing new there as people lose connection all the time. Heck I keep forgetting to change my time for my ps3 to kick on and keep getting booted at 12:30-1:00am everyday lmao!

The only thing I see is the lack of players on china rising. I think lots of people are playing the maps but the search isn't picking it up but that is just a guess on my part.

It's completely random for me. I just played 5 matches now and it was fine. Tomorrow I could hop on and get something completely different.

I haven't played on a single China Rising map yet. I usually Quick Match and haven't seen a single one yet.

CLW
12-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Will you be going after 2K Sports and NBA 2K14 as well?

I'm a lawyer I'll go after any pay day. :nod:

SmoothPancakes
12-30-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm a lawyer I'll go after any pay day. :nod:

Alright, I'm gonna go buy NBA 2K14 right now. Count me in for the class action suit! :D

psusnoop
12-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Alright, I'm gonna go buy NBA 2K14 right now. Count me in for the class action suit! :D

cdj
01-02-2014, 05:27 PM
The recently postponed Battlefield 4 double experience event has been rescheduled. You'll start earning twice as much for kills and captures tomorrow.

The event begins at 5 AM Pacific / 8 AM Eastern on January 3. It will last 58 hours, concluding at 3 PM Pacific / 6 PM Eastern on Sunday, January 5. The event is only for Premium members and those that received a code (available with some purchases).

Courtesy: Game Informer (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/01/02/battlefield-4-double-xp-event-rescheduled-begins-january-3.aspx#comments)

CLW
01-02-2014, 05:48 PM
The recently postponed Battlefield 4 double experience event has been rescheduled. You'll start earning twice as much for kills and captures tomorrow.

The event begins at 5 AM Pacific / 8 AM Eastern on January 3. It will last 58 hours, concluding at 3 PM Pacific / 6 PM Eastern on Sunday, January 5. The event is only for Premium members and those that received a code (available with some purchases).

Courtesy: Game Informer (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/01/02/battlefield-4-double-xp-event-rescheduled-begins-january-3.aspx#comments)

See they feared CLW's class action lawsuit comin' after their [censored] :nod:

I OU a Beatn
01-05-2014, 01:51 AM
Finally unlocked the ACE 23. I wish I had $1 for every time I saw someone with really low health, threw down a med kit for them, they didn't use it and ran away and died within 4 or 5 seconds.

JBHuskers
01-05-2014, 02:59 PM
I've been using the SAR21 lately.

psusnoop
01-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Finally unlocked the ACE 23. I wish I had $1 for every time I saw someone with really low health, threw down a med kit for them, they didn't use it and ran away and died within 4 or 5 seconds.

People are horrendous at using their kits. It is so frustrating at times!!!

JBHuskers
01-08-2014, 04:56 PM

They're horrendous in distributing them too.

Escobar
01-08-2014, 08:15 PM
What is a med kit???

psusnoop
01-09-2014, 03:52 PM
What is a med kit???

If your low on health, and you run over a med kit or get close to it then your health will increase.

Escobar
01-09-2014, 05:35 PM
If your low on health, and you run over a med kit or get close to it then your health will increase.

I should have included this :sarcasm: lol. I posted that just to mess with y'all about the non usage of medkits by online players. Half of them probably don't even know they exist in Battlefield.

JBHuskers
01-09-2014, 06:28 PM

psusnoop
01-09-2014, 07:03 PM

GatorfanStovy
01-09-2014, 10:26 PM
What is a med kit???

Really now :fp:

I OU a Beatn
01-10-2014, 12:46 AM
Just need 45 kills with that one pistol and I'll have the platinum. Funny joke by DICE with the "plant 5 bombs in obliteration." I figured it would just be soldier combat without vehicles, and naturally, I was wrong. The popular tactic is to get in a helicopter or jet, fly it down to the bomb, pick it up, and then jump back in and fly it to the objective. That's all fine and dandy, but I don't know how to fly so I had to get all 5 plants while on foot. :D

What a massive pain it was, too.

JBHuskers
01-10-2014, 08:58 AM
I "got better" at flying in Battlefield 3. Decent enough in one of those co-op missions with Snoop to pass it.

I haven't flown much at all in Battlefield 4. Mainly because Domination is what's being played 90%, but we're starting to branch out to the 64 player Conquest Donimation. I had some fun with that on Rogue Transmission, though the team sucked.

I OU a Beatn
01-11-2014, 04:08 AM
Hopped on this morning to start on my pistol kills. Went 26-6 with the M9 in the one game. Might have to use them more often. :D

Marlowe
01-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Lol, I spam the shit out of them at Charlie on Operation Locker. Easiest rank up. I alternate between that and the ammo packs.

JBHuskers
01-14-2014, 06:58 PM
New patch is live today:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/14/battlefield-4-ps4-patch-addresses-stability-and-bug-fixes-notes-inside/

psusnoop
01-15-2014, 08:35 PM
One thing we noticed last night with the new patch was we were getting killed and the other guy was showing 0 health left.

psusnoop
01-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Lol, I spam the shit out of them at Charlie on Operation Locker. Easiest rank up. I alternate between that and the ammo packs.

We need to get together some evening and play this. I love this game!!

psusnoop
01-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Playing tonight around 11pm est till 1 or 2am if anyone is interested!

cdj
03-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Latest blog/info from EA on fixes:

Addressing “Netcode” in Battlefield 4 (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/addressing-netcode-in-bf4/)

We at DICE are committed to improving the overall Battlefield 4 multiplayer experience for our players. Some issues, commonly referenced in conjunction to “netcode” are preventing Battlefield 4 from performing optimally for everyone, and with this post we would like to explain what we are doing to address these problems.

Fixing the commonly nicknamed “netcode issues” – problems ranging between faulty networking latency compensation and glitches in the gameplay simulation itself – is one of the top priorities for DICE. We’d like to take a moment to discuss how we are addressing these issues, as this is a very hot topic for many of our fans.

We are working on fixing glitches in your immediate interactions with the game world: the way you move and shoot, the feedback when you’re hit, and the way other players’ actions are shown on your screen.

The game receives updates from the game server and displays these to the player using a system called latency compensation – this system makes sure players move around naturally on your screen when network updates arrive. We have found and fixed several issues with latency compensation, and thereby decreased the impressions of “one hit kills” in the game.

We have also fixed several issues that could lead to rubber banding, and we are working on fixing several more. Below you’ll find a detailed list of the issues we are focusing on, or have already adjusted in-game. We hope this gives you more insight into the “netcode” issues and we will continue to keep you updated on top issues.

What we are Fixing or Investigating

Rubber banding
We have made several server optimizations that have decreased rubber banding for some players. To further address the issue, there are upcoming fixes for packet loss and a customize screen bug, both connected to the rubber banding issue. Furthermore, we will continue to collect data to pinpoint exactly when and why rubber banding is occurring.

Kill camera delay / Player death sync
On some occasions, the kill camera would trigger before the game client displayed the last portion of damage being dealt, giving players the impression that they died too early. There were also issues with blood effects, damage indicators, and the health bar in the HUD being out of sync. A fix for this will be included in the next game update.

Tickrate
Players have been asking whether the tickrate – how often the server will update the game world – in Battlefield 4 will be higher in the future. Though we haven’t got any immediate plans to increase the tickrate at this moment, we are exploring the possibilities of raising the tickrate on specific servers.

No registered damage
We are aware of the bug where players have been firing at their opponent and not doing damage. In the February 13 game update for PC, we added a piece of code that enables us to specifically track instances where this would occur. We are currently looking at when this issue is triggered, and what causes it. The data that we receive will help us to further improve the firefights in the future.

Instant death while sprinting
At certain occasions while walking or sprinting, a player could get catapulted at high speed which would cause death if any object was standing in the way. This was caused by a mathematical error in the character physics code, and we have a fix prepared for an upcoming patch.

Various Items
In addition to these items, there are also fixes coming for issues with Levolution being out of sync, shots appearing to be fired in the wrong direction, and vehicles outside the infantry area not taking damage when fired at. Also, we have introduced new in-game icons that will help you, and us, to troubleshoot network related problems that could cause an inconsistent multiplayer experience.

Network Troubleshooting Icons
With the January 30-31 game updates, we’ve introduced two new icons to the Battlefield 4 HUD (head-up display). These were added to the game as a way for us, and the players, to more easily troubleshoot common network-related issues that may have negative effects on the multiplayer experience.

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/battlelog/prod/61d099d23fe104fe673091d470c96970/en_US/blog/en/files/2014/03/Connection_HighLatency_64x64.png?v=1393934067.47

The first icon, seen at the top in the shape of a clock, indicates that your connection to the server is lagging. There can be several reasons for this. For example, it could mean that someone else is using your connection while you are playing, but it could also mean that there is a network problem that occurred somewhere between you and the server. The effect of such lag is that it will take a bit longer for you to see what is happening in the game world. If this icon is frequently blinking, you might want to try a different server or see if you can decrease the load on your Internet connection.

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/battlelog/prod/61d099d23fe104fe673091d470c96970/en_US/blog/en/files/2014/03/Connection_PacketLoss_64x641.png?v=1393934067.47

The second icon, at the bottom, shows four squares that indicate packet loss. When you see this icon, your connection to the server is experiencing lost packets, which means that information is failing to reach its destination, either when your game client sends it to the server or when the server sends the information to you. Please keep in mind that packets always get lost on the Internet and that you should not be alarmed if you’re seeing this icon blinking once or twice. If you have a large amount of packet loss and see the icon often, you will probably experience game “hiccups” sometimes – action will stop for a moment, then speed ahead to catch up.

What we have Fixed

Kill card shows 0 health
Kill card sometimes incorrectly displays 0 health, despite the enemy being alive. This could happen when a portion of damage dealt was rejected by the server, since the bullets that caused it were fired after the point of death for the firing player – the kill card would show the health as predicted by your game client, rather than the health confirmed by the server. An improvement that decreased the rate at which this happens went live for PC on Feb 13, and will be included in the next game update for all the platforms.

Broken collision
We have fixed instances of broken collision that made it impossible for players to shoot past broken objects, such as the collapsed chimney on Zavod 311.

Crosshair disappearing, resulting in hit markers disappearing
In firefights, players on PC could experience their crosshair disappearing, resulting in hit markers also disappearing. This would happen when certain gadgets were deployed by other players. A fix for this is now live.

Hit impact sounds
Impact sounds did not match the number of bullet impacts, causing players to feel that they died too quickly. An improvement to this went live for PC on February 13, and will be included in the next update for all the other platforms. The cooldown time for letting bullet hits trigger the sound has been decreased considerably, so players will now hear every bullet that hits them.

Headshot icon
We have re-introduced the headshot icon to help players understand when they get killed by a headshot, something that usually results in an instant death. The headshot icon went live in the January 30-31 game update for all platforms.

We want to assure you that we are constantly investigating, or already in the process of updating, all these items and several more that you’ve had concerns with – and that we will continue to do so with your help. Please continue to send us your feedback, and thank you for your continued support.

CLW
03-11-2014, 06:30 AM
EA: Tech Issues Haven't Caused "Damage" to Battlefield Series' ReputationCFO says that new content will continue to bring players to Battlefield 4.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/11/ea-tech-issues-havent-caused-damage-to-battlefield-series-reputation

Stan HAMsen
03-11-2014, 09:11 AM
My copy of BF4 from the PS4 launch bundle is still in the shrinkwrap.

JBHuskers
03-11-2014, 10:49 AM
My copy of BF4 from the PS4 launch bundle is still in the shrinkwrap.

I have 80 hours of online play in. I think Snoop might be double that :D

cdj
03-14-2014, 06:30 AM
Platoons now available to all BF4 players, not just premium members (http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/13/platoon-support-now-available-to-all-battlefield-4-soldiers/)

Following its initial debut at the end of last month, DICE has now revealed that Battlefield 4's platoons are available to anyone playing the game, whether they paid extra for a Premium membership or not.

Though the developer has saddled the feature with a genre-appropriate name, the "platoons" found in Battlefield 4 are essentially identical to the "clans" found in many other online games. Each platoon features a unique name tag and emblem, as well as a private Battlelog feed. Up to 100 players can join a single platoon, and each virtual soldier's success on the battlefield will contribute to the group's overall rank.

Those hoping to create their own platoon of hardened online warriors will find full details under the "Home" tab on the Battlelog website, while those hoping to join a ready-made group of likeminded virtual killers should pay a visit to the "Platoons" section of the Battlefield 4 forums.

psusnoop
03-17-2014, 07:38 PM
I probably have close to triple that amount JB. It's a great game that is always a nice call back when I'm trying to find something to play.

We need more then just JB and I to play!! We conference call on our phones and shoot the shit while we play and it's a blast.

cdj
04-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Battlefield 4's Naval Strike DLC will launch on April 15 for players without Battlefield Premium memberships, according to a tweet (https://twitter.com/Battlefield/statuses/451398695741702144) from the official Battlefield account.

The DLC includes four additional seafaring maps, the new Carrier Assault mode — an homage to Battlefield 2142's Titan mode — and the hovercraft vehicle, which can be used both on land and on the water.

Courtesy: Polygon (http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/3/5577726/battlefield-4-naval-strike-hitting-april-15-for-non-premium-members)

JBHuskers
04-04-2014, 01:27 AM
Carrier Assault is fun as hell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

cdj
04-04-2014, 12:36 PM
The Megalodon Easter Egg has been found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-WladmrdNQ

JBHuskers
04-04-2014, 03:32 PM
That's pretty cool.

I OU a Beatn
04-19-2014, 10:49 PM
Decided to hop back onto Battlefield for the first time in several months to give the newer maps a try. It took me 10 minutes to get through all the battle packs I had accumulated through my premium membership. :D

JBHuskers
04-19-2014, 11:23 PM
I'm really digging carrier assault. A combination of my two favorite modes. Rush & Domination.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

souljahbill
04-23-2014, 03:31 PM
I saw a video where there's a Megalodon that jumps out of the water and instakills anything it touches.. Coolest thing EVER!

Edit: Just noticed that CDJ posted it a few posts ago. D'oh!

JBHuskers
06-05-2015, 09:48 AM
DICE is teasing something major for Battlefield 4, yes Battlefield 4 at E3. :hmm:

gigemaggs99
10-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Does anyone still play this game?

I picked it up at Gamestop yesterday for $22, played till 1am.

Is it possible to play with other people and use a microphone? I'd like to play with a team and be able to communicate with them.

I tried playing online vs random people, seems like a lot of people just run around, they kill a lot but also die a lot. It would be cool if you could work as a team and communicate vs random running and shooting.

Edit: good news, I found my old PS3 headset, it's charging now but it seems to work with the PS4. I'd be interested to be able to talk with others playing so we can work as a team and sweep the enemies.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Stereo-Headset-Playstation-3/dp/B0053OLY9O

EDIT #2 so I plugged in the old PS3 headset, let it charge and BOOM it works like a charm on the PS4! This is going to be awesome playing some Battlefield 4 and being able to hear! :))

gigemaggs99
10-23-2015, 09:26 AM
New guy question.

For online play is there a way to make it to were you go to the same map each time? I'm trying to learn the maps and the layout of each area but each time I play it sends us to a different map. It seems like the people I'm playing against know them inside and out and I'm doing my best to figure out where I am on the map. Then I die and it sends me to a different place on the map and sometimes before I figure out where my new location is I die and it starts over again and again.

Can I make it play on 1 map?

JBHuskers
10-23-2015, 09:44 AM
Not online play as it's a rotation.

gigemaggs99
10-23-2015, 05:50 PM
Next ?, if I purchase the Premium expansion in the PS store will it give me all the downloadable content?

I have Battlefield Hardline for PS4. I have the Standard edition. If I purchase the Premium will it include the expansion kits? I see there is a new one that came out in Sept (Robbery). If you have the Premium does it include all the past and future expansions?

JBHuskers
10-26-2015, 09:24 AM
Robbery is for Battlefield Hardline, not 4.

But yes if you buy premium you'll get all BF4 expansions.

gigemaggs99
10-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Robbery is for Battlefield Hardline, not 4.

But yes if you buy premium you'll get all BF4 expansions.

Cool, thank you sir.

I've been playing BF4 online that last couple of nights, it's similar to a drug, I keep telling myself, "Ok, 1 more then I'm off to bed...." I usually start around 9pm and have been going to bed around 2am! My wife thinks I'm nuts.

I usually see around 20 people on teams, around 10 v 10 for fun I popped BFH in and went into the online play it was like ANTS, 60 people playing at once 30 v 30 I started laughing as it looked like people outside of Walmart the day after Thanksgiving, running and jumping everywhere!

Not sure why, but I seem to like BF4 better. I guess I like the military behind it (Semper FI).

They are both good games, so far it seems like the campaign mode on BF4 has more A.I. people to shoot, BFH seems to have more story-line and less people to shoot. Maybe later in BFH it will have more enemies.

gigemaggs99
11-28-2015, 10:38 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions?

I play BF4 on PS4 and it works just fine.

I play on Xbox 1 and it works for a while then tells me "lost connection to EA servers". I know it's not my xbox, my kids will be on xbox live all day playing minecraft and it never looses connection. I have tried it wired and wireless. My internet speed is around 200m so it can't be the speed.

It only happens when I play BF4. It kicks me out to the main menu, then logs back and then it will work for 1 maybe 2 matches then boom, lost connection to ea servers. I've googled it and a lot of people seem to get the same issue, but there aren't really any fixes.

Is this b/c EA servers are overloaded the Battlefront?

Any tips?

steelerfan
12-27-2015, 09:44 AM
Holy shit!

Good luck with this one, guys!

https://youtu.be/JuuzmOXL1bc

gigemaggs99
01-28-2016, 03:14 PM
Momma said, "Don't play on the tracks!"

http://xboxclips.com/gigemaggs99/06700518-a895-4bd1-8ffb-47e6d89a6f1d/embed