PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

cdj
11-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Please use this thread to ask questions or post general comments about the Xbox One.

Feel free to post links to videos, live streams, articles, etc. from around the web here.

SmoothPancakes
11-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Sweet, with this now open, I'll ask this here instead of asking it in the PS4 thread like I was going to.

With all the talk about the standby mode and the potential to FUBAR your console if it gets unplugged while in Standby, does the Xbox One have the same feature? I haven't kept up too closely with the articles and talk about ALL of the features in the Xbox One, so not sure if it has Standby or not. Just want to make sure and be ready tomorrow since I have to go into work from 6-10pm, so I'm gonna be turning it off sometime between 5 and 6, and want to make sure it is completely off and not have to worry about accidentally putting it into Standby instead.

cdj
11-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Doing a quick search, it sounds like the XB1 has "standby" as well (http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/head-to-head-everything-you-need-to-know-in-the-ps4-vs-xbox-one-battle/).

The Xbox One is generally less power hungry than the PS4, running a good 20 to 30 Watts lower whether sitting idle on menus, displaying streaming video, or running at maximum gaming performance. The PS4 wins out in standby mode, though, saving seven or eight Watts when the systems are "off" but still awake enough to download content or start up quickly (both systems can be turned off completely to avoid almost all power draw).

SmoothPancakes
11-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Ugh. I was afraid of that. Alright, I'll have to pay attention tomorrow and make damn sure that I'm turning it 100% off and not just putting it in standby.

I OU a Beatn
11-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Super quick impressions:

1. It is fucking HUGE. The camera is alone is huge and heavy as well. The console isn't heavy, but it's pretty big.
2. I hate LB and RB. Absolutely hate them. The inside of them don't actually click, and guess where my fingers naturally go when reaching up from the triggers. I'm basically going to have to hold the controller a different way otherwise I'm not going to be able to get the shoulder buttons to click when I move up to hit them. What a boneheaded design decision. It may not be a problem for people with smaller hands than myself, but for me, it's pretty disappointing.

Getting it hooked up now. Just picked up the console and Dead Rising 3.

I OU a Beatn
11-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Got everything set up. Kinect is borderline freaky. I've been installing Dead Rising 3 for 15 minutes now and it's 1% done. Uh...

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Got everything set up. Kinect is borderline freaky. I've been installing Dead Rising 3 for 15 minutes now and it's 1% done. Uh...

Freaky how?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 04:08 AM
And now the waiting game starts. My Xbox One and games arrived in town at 2:58 AM. I could go down to the customer center at the UPS warehouse, but that place is a damn madhouse with trucks returning and leaving during the day, plus my window to go pick it up is only 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM. So I'll just wait for it to get dropped off. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll get dropped off at 11:30. Doubt it, but it's happened once before with a UPS package.

GatorfanStovy
11-22-2013, 06:14 AM
How's the Xbox one so far guys? Are you having muhc issues setting it up and running games ? Also how are the graphics compared to the 360? Is the 720p really that noticeable or are people being picky ?

Stan HAMsen
11-22-2013, 08:38 AM
my window to go pick it up is only 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM.

Do you have to set that up in advance? Or does that mean they aren't even going to put your stuff out for delivery until after 1:30?

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Do you have to set that up in advance? Or does that mean they aren't even going to put your stuff out for delivery until after 1:30?

No, if I changed where/how I wanted it delivered before 3 AM this morning, I could have had them hold it at the Customer Center and gone out and picked it up myself. So it never would have been put on a truck. But, the only hours that you can go out to pick it up, at least here in my town, are between 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM.

That would be a disaster trying to fight the traffic from hell in this town during the lunch hour and then trying to get into and out of their parking lot with dozens of UPS trucks coming in and out constantly. Just too much aggravation to have the Xbox one or two hours earlier than if they delivered it to my front door.

But yeah, in the future you can change that. If you would rather go pick the package up yourself instead of waiting for them to deliver it to you, as long as you change how you want it delivered before 3 AM the day of the delivery, you can change it for free and go pick it up yourself. Most all of my packages come sometime around 1:30 PM (only on few occasions, in the last year or two at least, do they come after 2:30 PM or later), so I'm fine with waiting until then.

steelerfan
11-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Traffic? Don't you live in a town with <17,000 people? :D

I OU a Beatn
11-22-2013, 10:16 AM
The optical port doesn't provide surround sound at launch. Are you serious?

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Traffic? Don't you live in a town with <17,000 people? :D

Yes, but you've never seen what a fucking train wreck the traffic in this town becomes during the lunch hours or at rush hour. It's even worse when you add in the constant shit ton of trucks, since 4 or 5 different State or US routes all converge right in the middle of downtown.

However, it matters not! The UPS truck just arrived and my box is sitting next to me as I type this. So I ended up getting it at least 15 minutes earlier than if I had gone to pick it up myself anyways. I'm honestly surprised they put us on the early, early route, delivering in the morning, though I was sort of hoping they had since the tracking online showed it being on the truck and out for delivery clear back at 5:35 AM instead of the usual 7:30-8 AM. Now to start un-boxing and hooking this baby up.

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 10:19 AM
The optical port doesn't provide surround sound at launch. Are you serious?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekQ_Ja02gTY

I OU a Beatn
11-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Yes, but you've never seen what a fucking train wreck the traffic in this town becomes during the lunch hours or at rush hour. It's even worse when you add in the constant shit ton of trucks, since 4 or 5 different State or US routes all converge right in the middle of downtown.

However, it matters not! The UPS truck just arrived and my box is sitting next to me as I type this. So I ended up getting it at least 15 minutes earlier than if I had gone to pick it up myself anyways. I'm honestly surprised they put us on the early, early route, delivering in the morning, though I was sort of hoping they had since the tracking online showed it being on the truck and out for delivery clear back at 5:35 AM instead of the usual 7:30-8 AM. Now to start un-boxing and hooking this baby up.

When you download the update and it finishes, it'll sit on the green Xbox One logo screen for a good 5-10 minutes. Don't turn it off. ;)

Some people turned it off after awhile and bricked their system.

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 10:44 AM
When you download the update and it finishes, it'll sit on the green Xbox One logo screen for a good 5-10 minutes. Don't turn it off. ;)

Some people turned it off after awhile and bricked their system.

Thanks for the warning! I just started downloading the update a minute ago, currently 20% in.

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Also, I must have gotten lucky. While there was only one or two inflated bubble wraps (and one flat one) in my box, the box for the most part was pretty tight. It was a snug fit between the Xbox and box itself. So as long as the box didn't get banged all over the goddamn place, it was pretty decently packaged, at least with the proper size box.

So far, everything seems to be working. I thought I could squeeze it onto the shelf with my cable box/DVR, but that was one hell of a tight squeeze. The two were pretty much going to be right up against each other and even then that would just barely leave any room for discs since the front of the shelf has a inside protruding edge. So I put my Xbox One where I had my 360, my 360 will easily fit on that shelf with my cable box with loads of room to spare. For now though, the 360 is completely unplugged, I'm gonna have to spend an afternoon completely moving the entertainment center out a foot or two so I can rework the 360 cables into the center from the other side of it. Not something I feel like doing right now. So for at least the next day or two, my 360 gaming is permanently on hold until I can get that shit pulled out and organized.

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 10:51 AM
And in a quick 8-9 minutes, the update is done downloading and the console is restarting right now. At least in terms of actually downloading the update, that wasn't too shabby.

I OU a Beatn
11-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Do you feel like an ape trying to naturally hit the shoulder buttons, or is that just me? :D

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 11:03 AM
And as of 12 noon, I am officially on the Xbox Home page and ready to rock and roll. Took all of 17 minutes to fire up the system, download the update, and go through the set up to calibrate the Kinect and get my account signed in.

Do you feel like an ape trying to naturally hit the shoulder buttons, or is that just me? :D

Just a bit. :D That would definitely rate as a miss by Microsoft on that one.

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 11:03 AM
What XBLA games are out there now?

I OU a Beatn
11-22-2013, 11:08 AM
What XBLA games are out there now?

Lococycle, Crimson Dragon, Powerstar Golf, and Zoo Tycoon($60, WTF) are the only ones I see right now. It's kind of hard to find because they took away categories.

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Lococycle, Crimson Dragon, Powerstar Golf, and Zoo Tycoon($60, WTF) are the only ones I see right now. It's kind of hard to find because they took away categories.

Wonder if WSOP is going to be on XB1 too.

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Alright, got a slew of apps downloading. Netflix, XBox Music, Xbox Video, Blu-ray Player, SkyDrive, NFL Network, Twitch, ESPN, Upload Studio, Fox Now, FX Now, Amazon Instant Video and Upload Studio.

And as for QR codes, not sure about phones and tablets, Beatn, I think it was you who mentioned that, but on shiny cards or on paper, it works fast and simple. One or two seconds held up to the camera and it pops right up with a command prompt.

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 11:30 AM
I decided for apps, I'm just going to use the PS3 since I have a bluetooth remote for it.

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Nice. I put Forza 5 into my Xbox, and it instantly started installing on its own, I didn't have to prompt anything. It also popped up that there was an update for the game that needed to be downloaded without even starting the game. That will make things quicker and easier.

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Nice. I put Forza 5 into my Xbox, and it instantly started installing on its own, I didn't have to prompt anything. It also popped up that there was an update for the game that needed to be downloaded without even starting the game. That will make things quicker and easier.

Can you pause updates? PS4 does them automatically too, but you can't pause yet.

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Can you pause updates? PS4 does them automatically too, but you can't pause yet.

That's a good question. You can pause installations. Not sure about updates.

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 12:28 PM

Ugh. I'm going through the same thing with Forza 5 at the moment. It's been installing for probably half an hour, 45 minutes and it's only 54% done. It's gonna take a good hour to install games. However, at least you can start playing them after only 12-15%. I've already run a couple races in Forza 5. Once Forza is done, I'll probably install Dead Rising 3 next, and let that go while I take a nap. Woke up at 6am yesterday, never got to sleep until 2am this morning because of heartburn, and had to be up by 5am for work. So I'm going on 3 hours of sleep over the last 31 1/2 hours. Doze for a couple hours and then get in an hour or so of zombie killing before going into work for basketball. Come home, and maybe start installing Ryse while I watch some TV.

Definitely looking forward to dealing with mostly digital games in the future. I'd love to give Dead Rising 3 and Ryse a whirl right now, but with Forza in the middle of installing, I can't play them. After today, with the day one editions of DR3, Forza 5 and Ryse, other than games that have the rarely very enticing pre-order offers, I may just stick to buying them off of the Xbox Live store digitally.

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah same goes for PS4. 2K wasn't that slow of an install for 46GB, but Battlefield was HORRIBLE in getting the whole thing installed. I wonder if you get a game digitally it's worse? Because 2K I have on disc, Battlefield 4 was the digital upgrade from PS3.

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 12:48 PM
God, and I used to think the installs on the 360 were bad. :D Well, even if it takes longer digitally, at least then I can still play multiple games instead of being stuck with just which one is in the disc tray.

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 01:30 PM
One thing I'll say, I'm enjoying the Kinect so far.

I never cared for it on 360, just seemed like a waste of space used for nothing but crappy games. But so far in my very limited time with it on the Xbox One, it certainly has made things easy. Watching a movie on Netflix and had to piss, simply said "Xbox Pause", got up and pissed, came back and said "Xbox Resume" and sat back down where I left off without ever raising a finger or lifting my controller.

While laying here on the couch, wanted to see how far along Forza was at installing, just said Xbox go to home", looked at where the installation was at while the movie continued playing in a panel, then said "Xbox resume Netflix" and back to watching the movie in full screen. And never a single finger lifted nor the controller moved.

I may not really care about the games they make/release exclusively for Kinect, but I think I'll enjoy it when it comes to how quick and easy it is to use to jump around from this to that and jump between different things just by saying two or three words instead of having to make 5 or 10 button clicks just to get to the same place.

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Found a nice little list of, so far, known commands for use with Xbox One/Kinect.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/125190-xbox-one-voice-commands-list-how-to-control-your-new-console

Starting at the top, these are the commands that will get you going:

Xbox on - Wakes up Xbox One, can turn on television and cable/satellite set-top box.
Xbox turn off - Puts Xbox One to sleep/off, can turn off television and cable/satellite set-top box. You'll then have to confirm you want to turn it off with a "yes".
Xbox select - Shows voice command options for everything on the screen that is supported, highlighting relevant commands.
Stop listening - Stops Kinect from listening or cancels voice commands if Kinect is triggered during casual conversation.
Xbox help - Shows help menu with available options.
Xbox sign in/out or Xbox sign in as [person] - Signs in/out an Xbox Live member.
Xbox show notification - Shows on-screen notification(s).

Xbox One is making a heavy play for TV and to do so, you'll need TV controls. Here's what you get:

Xbox watch TV - Launches cable or satellite TV from set-top box. We've used this a lot, it works really well.
Xbox show guide or Xbox OneGuide - Launches OneGuide for cable or satellite TV subscribers. Less useful at the moment, as it's not coming to the UK until 2014.
Xbox volume up/down Xbox mute/unmute - Controls volume of TV set or AV receiver, if enabled in the settings.

Next you'll be wanting to get around the Xbox One interface, without using your controller. Here's what you need to drift from place to place:

Xbox go Home or Xbox show my stuff - Returns to Home. This is the command you'll probably use the most.
Xbox Snap [app] - Launches activity in Snap mode. This is great fun and works well.
Xbox unsnap - Unsnaps activity in Snap mode.
Xbox switch - Switches focus of the activities in Snap mode and Fill mode.
Xbox go to [activity] - Launches specific games, TV shows, apps, notifications and sections of the dash. This is a hugely important command, you'll use it a lot.
Xbox show menu - In full screen: shows menu for whatever is on the screen. At Home: shows menu for whatever is in the current window.
Xbox go back - Returns to previous screen or menu option.

In games you'll probably use less commands, and more controller, although games like Zoo Tycoon offer plenty of voice control too. But the big ones relating to gaming are:

Xbox record that - Records the previous 30 seconds of gameplay, which is a great trick for catching those.
Xbox start a party - Launches the Party app in Snap mode, although you can start the party at any time.
Xbox use a code - Triggers Kinect code scanning for QR codes for game downloads, etc.
Xbox pause/Xbox play - Pauses gameplay or resumes gameplay, meaning no more scrabbling for buttons when the phone rings.

The Xbox one fancies itself as a complete media solution for your living room, so you'll be wanting to control your videos and music too. Here's what you need:

Xbox play [music/video] - Launches video and music playback.
Xbox play/stop/pause/fast forward/rewind/faster/ slower/skip forward/skip backward/next song/ previous song - Controls for media playback, works on both music and video.

Then you have Skype as a fully integrated feature. Here's what you need to say to get talking:

Xbox Skype [person] or Xbox call [person] - Launches Skype call to a person from your Skype favorites list on your Xbox One.
Xbox answer/answer without video - Answers incoming Skype call.
Xbox hang up - Ends Skype call.
Xbox send message - Sends message to your Xbox Live friends.

Then there are universal commands to help you search and use Internet Explorer:

Xbox Bing pause [item(s)] - Launches Bing, then searches for the game, movie, TV show, game add-on or app using conversational voice. We've found it to be a bit hit and miss.
browse to [website] - Browses to a specific website when already in Internet Explorer.

While on the topic of Internet Explorer, the browser actually contains a lot of dedicated commands for navigation which only apply when it's open - here's a couple of useful ones:

Scroll up/Scroll down - scrolls the page up or down.
Click on [link] - clicks a link on the webpage.

Different apps require different voice commands that are specific to that app. We've listed most of the system commands here that you'll get to learn, but there's plenty more once you're in an app. We mentioned Zoo Tycoon, where you'll be able to talk instead of using buttons in some cases. Then in Snap you'll get highlighted options you can say instead of click. But if you get stuck, you can get a list of voice commands like this:

Xbox - Shows menu of voice command options and begins listening for the next command.

I OU a Beatn
11-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Ugh. I'm going through the same thing with Forza 5 at the moment. It's been installing for probably half an hour, 45 minutes and it's only 54% done. It's gonna take a good hour to install games. However, at least you can start playing them after only 12-15%. I've already run a couple races in Forza 5. Once Forza is done, I'll probably install Dead Rising 3 next, and let that go while I take a nap. Woke up at 6am yesterday, never got to sleep until 2am this morning because of heartburn, and had to be up by 5am for work. So I'm going on 3 hours of sleep over the last 31 1/2 hours. Doze for a couple hours and then get in an hour or so of zombie killing before going into work for basketball. Come home, and maybe start installing Ryse while I watch some TV.

Definitely looking forward to dealing with mostly digital games in the future. I'd love to give Dead Rising 3 and Ryse a whirl right now, but with Forza in the middle of installing, I can't play them. After today, with the day one editions of DR3, Forza 5 and Ryse, other than games that have the rarely very enticing pre-order offers, I may just stick to buying them off of the Xbox Live store digitally.

Installations on PS4 are much, much quicker. I really don't know why, either. That's the first thing I noticed when installing Dead Rising. No biggie, really.

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Found a nice little list of, so far, known commands for use with Xbox One/Kinect.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/125190-xbox-one-voice-commands-list-how-to-control-your-new-console

Have you tried

XBOX, blowjob?

CLW
11-22-2013, 04:06 PM
XBOX Play a game from a disc. Sorry we cannot do that.....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/xbox-one-early-adopters-reporting-hardware-problems

I OU a Beatn
11-22-2013, 04:07 PM
XBOX Play a game from a disc. Sorry we cannot do that.....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/xbox-one-early-adopters-reporting-hardware-problems

Yep, as I said somewhere before, Sony and Microsoft should be ashamed of rushing these out. It's asinine the amount of problems both systems have had and the amount of common sense features both seem to be missing.

Kingpin32
11-22-2013, 04:21 PM
A 2 month delay for these systems could've really helped. But honestly, not many regular people know about all these errors and problems.

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Yep, as I said somewhere before, Sony and Microsoft should be ashamed of rushing these out. It's asinine the amount of problems both systems have had and the amount of common sense features both seem to be missing.

I don't seem any of the things with PS4 as a problem. I'm perfectly content with the system right now. There are a couple of things I wish the system could do, but in no way is it taking away from my enjoyment of the system; nor would I classify it as a major problem.

I OU a Beatn
11-22-2013, 04:32 PM
I don't seem any of the things with PS4 as a problem. I'm perfectly content with the system right now. There are a couple of things I wish the system could do, but in no way is it taking away from my enjoyment of the system; nor would I classify it as a major problem.

None of them are "major" problems. None of the issues with Xbox One are major issues, either. They were both clearly rushed, though, with the lack of "duh" features that should be on both systems day one. There's about 10-15 things on each console that are absent that should be there. No MP3 support on PS4. No surround sound through the optical port on Xbox. No pausing or prioritizing downloads on either system it looks like.

Plus, you've got systems failing on day one. Regardless of how low of a percentage that is(I'm calling BS on it being less than 1% with all the reports I've read), that's ridiculous.

I OU a Beatn
11-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Dead Rising 3 is awesome.

I OU a Beatn
11-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Xbox Also Sells 1 Million Consoles in 24 Hours - Worldwide (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/23/xbox-one-sells-1-million-worldwide)

GatorfanStovy
11-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Is that better then the ps4?

Kingpin32
11-22-2013, 08:57 PM

Well the PS4 sold 1 million in just 2 countries. And Xbox sold it over 22 countries. Still impressive, and a big eff you to everyone who said console gaming was dying.

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Well the PS4 sold 1 million in just 2 countries. And Xbox sold it over 22 countries. Still impressive, and a big eff you to everyone who said console gaming was dying.

:nod:

GatorfanStovy
11-22-2013, 11:23 PM
I want the Xbox one. Damn x mas.

SmoothPancakes
11-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Alright, I had to move my TV around and do some squeezing and acrobatics to reach the hole in the back of my entertainment center so I could feed the 360 power cord and HDMI cord through it so I can get my 360 back up and running so I can eventually continue my NCAA dynasty.

In the process, since I had the two HDMI ports on the back of the TV out and in the open, I went ahead and pulled my cable box HDMI and currently have it plugged into the HDMI In port on the back of my Xbox One. Not sure that I'll keep it that way, considering you have to keep the Xbox One on the entire time to watch TV, which means for as long as I'm watching TV, that thing has to keep running and I'm not sure I want to give this thing a long term stress test on day two of having it.

But so far, not bad. I can see where it would be nice in that I can be playing Dead Rising 3 or Forza 5, and then just seamlessly switch over to TV without having to reach for my remote and switch sources. Then during commercials, I could quickly and as seemlessly just go straight back to my game without having to constantly switch sources between game and TV.

Not sure how well everything works in regards to controlling TV volume, the cable box, etc via voice or Xbox One controller. For the moment, I'm still using my TWC universal remote to pull up my DVR menus and change volume and whatnot. I'll have to mess with it some more this weekend.

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2013, 05:41 AM
Oh thank god. Apparently we lost power at some point yesterday. I just found out. After getting a grand total of maybe 4 or 5 hours of sleep since 6am Thursday, I was running completely on empty and after falling asleep at 1:30pm yesterday, I just finally woke up this morning at 5:45am. Couldn't get the Xbox One to turn on at first, but after checking all the power cables, unplugging and plugging them back in, it fired up no problem.

Even bigger a worry, just to try it out, I had changed my power settings to Instant On to see how much faster it actually did start up from "standby". Well, I never changed it back yesterday before falling asleep. It turned on fine, so thankfully I didn't wake up to a bricked system. Although either way, I may have lucked out partly because my Xbox One was turned on (due to passing my cable box through it at the time) when the power went out, it was not in standby, so that might have counted for something. Regardless, first thing I did this morning upon getting it back up and running was change the power settings back to have it fully turn off instead of go into standby.

I OU a Beatn
11-25-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm about halfway through Ryse and I'm really baffled as to why this got so many bad reviews. The combat is extremely fluid and enjoyable, the graphics make it up there with Killzone as the best looking launch title, and the story thus far is very engaging. Easily my favorite game so far of any of the launch titles. Thoroughly enjoyable.

SmoothPancakes
11-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I'm maybe a quarter of the way through the story, and I'm loving it. Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are going to be my major time suckers for a good while. I definitely agree, no clue why all the complaints. I only just got the chance to start playing Ryse earlier Sunday morning, but put a good number of solid hours into, loved the combat and definitely an engaging story. I'm looking forward to what path the future of the story takes as I work my way through it.

I OU a Beatn
11-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Honestly, I believe a lot of reviewers had already determined it was going to get a low score before they even played it due to the backlash it got when people thought those execution prompts were quick time events. To me, it feels a lot like both God of War and Gears of War(mainly the camera and how the players move) and I absolutely love it. I kind of thought I would, but I'm really surprised at just how good every aspect of the game is. The voice acting is phenomenal.

GatorfanStovy
11-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Glad to here you guys are liking Ryse that game did look pretty fun. Agreed about the reviews people just got over hyped about it I think .

I OU a Beatn
11-26-2013, 12:46 AM
Once Microsoft gets around to adding in little features that are missing right now, this is going to be one hell of a console. To me, it definitely feels the most next gen out of the current consoles, and I really didn't think I would say that. The voice commands are something I never got into before, but it's so easy and so accurate that I find myself using it as my main way of navigating the menus.

It does bum me out, though, because I now realize just how awesome it would have been if they had kept their initial vision and required every disc to be installed and then not needed the disc anymore. That, along with the family sharing, would have made this the ultimate console, IMO.

In fact, it makes me think about going all digital once they allow support for external drives, because being able to pause one game, switch to another, pause that, then instantly resume from the same spot in the first game is amazing. The thing getting in the way now is actually having to swap discs.

SmoothPancakes
11-26-2013, 02:43 AM
Once Microsoft gets around to adding in little features that are missing right now, this is going to be one hell of a console. To me, it definitely feels the most next gen out of the current consoles, and I really didn't think I would say that. The voice commands are something I never got into before, but it's so easy and so accurate that I find myself using it as my main way of navigating the menus.

It does bum me out, though, because I now realize just how awesome it would have been if they had kept their initial vision and required every disc to be installed and then not needed the disc anymore. That, along with the family sharing, would have made this the ultimate console, IMO.

In fact, it makes me think about going all digital once they allow support for external drives, because being able to pause one game, switch to another, pause that, then instantly resume from the same spot in the first game is amazing. The thing getting in the way now is actually having to swap discs.

I completely agree on everything. I use voice commands almost exclusively now. I'm in the middle of Dead Rising 3, want to check in on a basketball game, instead of pressing the home button, going over to my pins and selecting TV, which can take a good 10-15 seconds, I just say "Xbox Watch TV" and the game pauses and it jumps right into TV, maybe two or three seconds. So much easier and simpler. Like I've said, I never gave the slightest damn about Kinect on 360, it was nothing but extra money to play crappy games. But after 4 days with the Xbox One, it just would not be the same without Kinect and voice commands. I now prefer using voice commands for as much as I can instead of the controller.

I also agree on the discs. I prefer that they had gone the original way and made it not need the disc anymore. Because of that, like you, I'm going to be looking at going all digital now. Unless a game has a damn good pre-order bonus (not many have lately), then I'm probably just going to get it digitally day one. I'll be in good shape soon enough, planning to buy FIFA 14, NBA 2K14, AC IV and Battlefield 4 digitally whenever I have the spare money to get them. So I'll at least be able to start taking advantage of the whole feature of jumping from one game to another and back again and picking up right where I left off. For now, it's deal with only one game at a time and switching discs in between. :(

CLW
11-26-2013, 07:59 AM

Basically the same except the # of territories PS4 was able to pull it off in (US Canada only) versus 13 (I think) XB1 launch countries. So you can argue that it appears that PS4 has had the better launch to date b/c they haven't launched in their homeland Japan or Europe yet where they have dominated MS in the past.

lilheavy
11-26-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm about halfway through Ryse and I'm really baffled as to why this got so many bad reviews. The combat is extremely fluid and enjoyable, the graphics make it up there with Killzone as the best looking launch title, and the story thus far is very engaging. Easily my favorite game so far of any of the launch titles. Thoroughly enjoyable.

cosign

anybody who gave ryse low scores DID NOT PLAY THIS GAME! The story is great, visuals are awesome, combat is awesome, game mechanics are good, voice acting is awesome, boss battles are great....the game is great and I hope it does well enough to continue with a series.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
11-26-2013, 11:32 AM
I watched giantbomb's quick look of it and it looked boring but very pretty. The combat is exactly like Batman but with none of the things in between it that made Batman a good game (even though I still didn't like it).

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

lilheavy
11-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Its far from boring

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
11-26-2013, 06:13 PM
I LOVE "Xbox, Record That":

http://sdrv.ms/18FARQP

AustinWolv
11-26-2013, 06:44 PM
I LOVE "Xbox, Record That":

http://sdrv.ms/18FARQP

That feature is awesome.

CLW
11-28-2013, 07:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U_QcJtK5-g

GatorfanStovy
12-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Does any one know if the new Xbox One controllers can be used on the 360 ?

CLW
12-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Forbes do not buy the XB1

http://games.yahoo.com/news/forbes-don-t-buy-xbox-one-152040908.html (http://games.yahoo.com/news/forbes-don-t-buy-xbox-one-152040908.html)

SmoothPancakes
12-05-2013, 10:10 AM
That was just about the most retarded "review" I've read in months. And I didn't know Forbes was anti-American. I'm surprised you're not lighting up the torches CLW.

steelerfan
12-05-2013, 10:49 AM
That was just about the most retarded "review" I've read in months.

Yes, it was.

I OU a Beatn
12-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I read that yesterday. The suckers over at GAF really latched onto it, but honestly, I didn't read a single legitimate reason to not buy it. "It's bigger than the other consoles, so don't buy it." Really?

In other news, dumb ass me forgot to erase my content off the broken 360 I had sent in several months ago, and someone apparently came into possession of my hard drive and got my account info off of it. After a little coaxing, I was able to get Microsoft to completely delete the account and let me create a new one while keeping my gamer tag. Now I have to re-add like 90 friends and start over on achievements because everything was deleted. :smh:

AustinWolv
12-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Yes, it was.

:+1:

I think the guy's kid wrote it. Very weak.

AustinWolv
12-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I read that yesterday. The suckers over at GAF really latched onto it, but honestly, I didn't read a single legitimate reason to not buy it. "It's bigger than the other consoles, so don't buy it." Really?

In other news, dumb ass me forgot to erase my content off the broken 360 I had sent in several months ago, and someone apparently came into possession of my hard drive and got my account info off of it. After a little coaxing, I was able to get Microsoft to completely delete the account and let me create a new one while keeping my gamer tag. Now I have to re-add like 90 friends and start over on achievements because everything was deleted. :smh:

Seems to me that the repair depot screwed you with their security process. M$ should have protocol in place such that data cannot be obtained off of broken HDDs.
Just my opinion, as I think the only time I sent an Xbox360 in years ago, they had me remove and keep my HDD. Don't recall. In other words, I don't know their process. :)

SCClassof93
12-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Yes, it was.

I stopped reading when I learned the MAN'S last name......Moorhead.......:D

I OU a Beatn
12-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Seems to me that the repair depot screwed you with their security process. M$ should have protocol in place such that data cannot be obtained off of broken HDDs.
Just my opinion, as I think the only time I sent an Xbox360 in years ago, they had me remove and keep my HDD. Don't recall. In other words, I don't know their process. :)

Yeah, I don't know, either. That was the first time I've had to send in a 360 in a really long time. I got 2 free years of Live out of it, so I can live with having all my achievements erased.

AustinWolv
12-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Still, sucks to lose all your achievements.

SmoothPancakes
12-05-2013, 02:46 PM

Yeah, if it being bigger than the PS4 and than the 360 is such a deal breaker for buying it, then I hope all these douchebags online and Forbes will be telling people to not buy 50 inch TVs, since they're all so big, even if they are flat-screens. And don't buy the 40 inch, it's bigger than the 30 inch. Don't buy a desktop, it's bigger than a laptop (and not mobile). Don't buy a laptop, it's bigger than a tablet. Don't buy a tablet, it's bigger than a smartphone. Don't buy a smartphone, it's bigger than just a little standard cell phone. Etc, etc.

And not sure what's so antiquated about Kinect voice controls. I use Kinect voice controls probably 95% of the time now compared to controller, and almost everything can be done via voice, making the Kinect much quicker and easier to use for stuff instead of the controller. And if he has a problem with voice control altogether, then I hope he'll be writing an article telling people not to get DirecTV, since I keep seeing commercials of them trying to pimp this "voice control crap" to change your channels on DirecTV.

As for the price tag, hey, welcome to the free market. If it's too expensive for you, then don't get it, simple as that! Thank god for free will discretionary spending of one's own money. For me, the $500 investment was worth it. It won't be for others. Welcome to freedom of choice.

And as for games, uh, duh! All systems generally launch with a shitty list/number of available games. It's the same with both PS4 and Xbox One. They both released with some home runs, they both released with some duds, and both have small game lineups. The number and selection of games to purchase is going to be small and shitty on both systems until we get further beyond 2/3 weeks of them being out. Half of the really good games still yet to be released were already not going to be released or were pushed back to somewhere between March and August next year. It goes equally for both PS4 and Xbox One there.

So as I said, one gigantic shit of a dumbass review by a dumbass reviewer, whoever the hell this Moorhead douche is. Of course, leave it to CLW to latch onto anything and everything he can that is anti-Xbox, regardless of how dumbass it is.

CLW
12-05-2013, 05:54 PM
XB1 fans not the sharpest knifes in the drawer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIGwGVa6r4M

SmoothPancakes
12-05-2013, 06:56 PM
No one gives a fuck. Go troll somewhere else. :fp:

CLW
12-05-2013, 07:22 PM

someone certainly does. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
12-05-2013, 09:21 PM
someone certainly does. :nod:

I think you're missing the point. Smooth doesn't care that someone bought a piece of paper with a picture of the One on it - it's just a tad ridiculous having to continually read your comments which are clearly just trolling trying to start trouble. There's several people on the boards that only game on Xbox, and I don't see any of them stinking up the Sony threads with vile. We get it, for some weird reason, you're 100% loyal to Sony and you'll do everything within your power to convey that through praising Sony and bashing Microsoft. But I mean, really, your 2 examples today just stink of trolling to the more severe degree.

First, you post an article "reviewing" the Xbox One while listing absolutely ridiculous reasons as to why people shouldn't buy an Xbox One. Secondly, you follow that up with a story of a person who got scammed, and it's somehow presumed to be because he was an Xbox fan, and therefore stupid. People get scammed that way on eBay ALL THE TIME. I guarantee you there were numerous people who bought PS4s off of people and never received it or received something like that guy did - a piece of paper just so they had a legit tracking number.

You're truly just being ridiculous and I'm sure it gets old with a lot of people. Why don't you enjoy your PS4 and stop posting junk about the Xbox. I mean, wouldn't that be easier on everyone?

cdj
12-05-2013, 09:22 PM
That photo crap happened to both system during the last launch as well.

People would post a console and for the description would copy and paste lengthy previews, official specs, etc. and somewhere in the middle would add in "this auction is for a photo of the console." At least at the time, eBay couldn't/didn't do anything since technically the description stated what the item was for.

I OU a Beatn
12-05-2013, 09:53 PM
That photo crap happened to both system during the last launch as well.

People would post a console and for the description would copy and paste lengthy previews, official specs, etc. and somewhere in the middle would add in "this auction is for a photo of the console." At least at the time, eBay couldn't/didn't do anything since technically the description stated what the item was for.

Yeah, I saw an Xbox One listed that way and wondered if they could get away with it since it technically does state you're bidding on a photo (in this particular instance, the auction was around $600 and it was only for the Day One Achievement code).

Really pathetic but just goes to show how little people pay attention to the stuff they buy over the internet.

Do you know if eBay is doing anything about it now? I'd imagine if they didn't, people would be upset enough to take other measures to get their money back.

Kingpin32
12-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I saw an Xbox One listed that way and wondered if they could get away with it since it technically does state you're bidding on a photo (in this particular instance, the auction was around $600 and it was only for the Day One Achievement code).

Really pathetic but just goes to show how little people pay attention to the stuff they buy over the internet.

Do you know if eBay is doing anything about it now? I'd imagine if they didn't, people would be upset enough to take other measures to get their money back.

I think at the end of the video IGN said that Ebay told him they would give him his money back.

cdj
12-05-2013, 10:16 PM

I think at the end of the video IGN said that Ebay told him they would give him his money back.

I haven't heard if they changed their policy, but it also sounds like the issue isn't as prevalent this time around (except for the guy who got scammed). Based on Kingpin's post, it sounds like they have something in place.

AustinWolv
12-06-2013, 07:28 AM

bdoughty
12-06-2013, 04:45 PM

Motion is seconded.

CLW
12-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Motion is seconded.

Motion Denied.

/s/ CLW
Resident Lawyer TGT

bdoughty
12-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Motion Denied.

/s/ CLW
Resident Lawyer TGT

TGT needs to look for a new lawyer, one with a basic understanding of parliamentary procedure. You can't deny a motion that just went up for debate. In this case the debate being why your douchebaggery is allowed to run rampant in every thread dedicated to the Xbox One, without any recourse.

CLW
12-07-2013, 10:12 AM
TGT needs to look for a new lawyer, one with a basic understanding of parliamentary procedure. You can't deny a motion that just went up for debate. In this case the debate being why your douchebaggery is allowed to run rampant in every thread dedicated to the Xbox One, without any recourse.

You've clearly never been in a Court room in real life. ALL motions have a predetermined outcome before the "real" argument even begins.

JBHuskers
12-09-2013, 09:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0F-IHwgC-Q

I OU a Beatn
12-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Peggle 2 released today! Halo Spartan Assault comes to Xbox One on 12/24 for $14.99. It'll be $4.99 if you've bought the Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8 version before 12/15. It's currently $6.99 so you'd end up saving about $3.

Also, both Peggle 2 and Halo SA have full 1000 GS. Perhaps a new thing and all games get the full score?

JBHuskers
12-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Peggle 2 released today! Halo Spartan Assault comes to Xbox One on 12/24 for $14.99. It'll be $4.99 if you've bought the Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8 version before 12/15. It's currently $6.99 so you'd end up saving about $3.

Also, both Peggle 2 and Halo SA have full 1000 GS. Perhaps a new thing and all games get the full score?

Hope Peggle 2 comes to PS4 soon.

It will at some point (http://www.destructoid.com/it-looks-like-peggle-2-s-coming-to-ps4-at-some-point-265054.phtml).

I OU a Beatn
12-11-2013, 09:36 AM
So much for Xbox not selling (and consoles being doomed). That's what? 4.1 million confirmed consoles sold already between the two?

Since its launch 18 days ago, Xbox One is proving to be the must-have gift this holiday season with more than 2 million consoles sold through to consumers worldwide, averaging over 111,111 units sold per day – a record-setting pace for Xbox. Millions of fans around the world who have purchased Xbox One have shown incredible engagement with the all-in-one games and entertainment system, spending over 83 million hours in games, TV, and apps on Xbox One since the system launched on Nov. 22.

“We continue to be humbled and overwhelmed by the positive response from our fans. We are thrilled to see sales of Xbox One on a record-setting pace, with over 2 million Xbox One consoles in homes around the world. Demand is exceeding supply in our 13 launch markets and Xbox One is sold out at most retailers. We’re also particularly excited to see consumers engaging in a wide range of games and entertainment experiences on the platform, with more than 1 million paid transactions* on Xbox Live to date,” said Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of strategy and marketing, Xbox.

Xbox One is also proving to be the most popular online multiplayer community for gamers with over 39 million Xbox One achievements unlocked and 595 million total Gamerscore achieved.

“Demand for next generation gaming continues to be very strong,” said John Love, director of video games at Amazon. “At peak demand, customers were ordering the Xbox One console at over 1000 units per minute on Amazon.com.”

“The Xbox One entertainment system is one of our hottest selling products this holiday season,” said Bob Puzon, senior vice president of Merchandising at GameStop. “GameStop is experiencing high demand from our customers for this innovative console and we are working closely with Microsoft to receive more units to fulfill our customers’ holiday shopping lists.”

“Xbox One is one of the hottest Christmas gifts this holiday season and was a top seller this Black Friday,” said Chris Nagelson, vice president of entertainment for Walmart U.S. “We are refreshing our inventory as fast as we can to ensure customers can give and receive the new console for Christmas.”

The Xbox team is continuing to work hard to meet consumer demand, delivering consoles to retailers as fast as possible this holiday season. To help people find Xbox One, Major Nelson recently shared some tips for consumers this holiday season.

Xbox One brings the best games, live TV, Skype, sports, fitness, music and more to one system at the center of the living room, all available at the command of your voice. With 22 hotly anticipated games, including 10 exclusive titles, and entertainment apps, YouTube, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and many more – Xbox One fans have the best entertainment and games available on one console this holiday season.

JBHuskers
12-11-2013, 09:50 AM
:up:

Love it.

LONG LIVE THE CONSOLE!

AustinWolv
12-11-2013, 09:58 AM
I like it. :up:

Holding out slim hope there is XB1 under my tree.

GatorfanStovy
12-11-2013, 04:52 PM
I want an x1 too but darn x mas an bills.

I OU a Beatn
12-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Hey Smooth, you get my friend request on One? I'm beginning to think I'm doing something wrong here. I sent out friend requests to a bunch of people, but to my knowledge, none have accepted it. It's the same name as it was before, but my account was accessed by someone else, so I had to change emails and reset everything. Let me know if you got it.

SmoothPancakes
12-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Hey Smooth, you get my friend request on One? I'm beginning to think I'm doing something wrong here. I sent out friend requests to a bunch of people, but to my knowledge, none have accepted it. It's the same name as it was before, but my account was accessed by someone else, so I had to change emails and reset everything. Let me know if you got it.

I'll jump on tonight when I get home from work and check. I actually haven't been on my One since sometime last week. It's been a busy as hell week at work this week, and what little time I've had to game, I've been spending on advancing the current season in my NCAA '14 dynasty. So I'll check when I get home, probably in an hour and a half or two hours from now and let you know.

I OU a Beatn
12-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately, I figured it out.

When you send a friend request, you simply follow that person. If that person decides to follow you back, then you become mutual followers. Basically, it's exactly like Twitter.

Dumb as hell.

SmoothPancakes
12-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Unfortunately, I figured it out.

When you send a friend request, you simply follow that person. If that person decides to follow you back, then you become mutual followers. Basically, it's exactly like Twitter.

Dumb as hell.

Yeah, that is dumb. But at least now we know what's up. Next time I get on, be it tonight when I get home from work or sometime this weekend, I'll follow you back so we'll be good to go.

I OU a Beatn
12-13-2013, 08:20 PM
In a way it's kind of neat because you can follow whoever the hell you want without them needing to accept a friend request. However, on the flip side, I still like that mutual confirmation that if I want to go and send out invites, I know those people have me added.

There's a bunch of really weird design decisions on the Xbox One standpoint. The friend's thing, the elimination of custom music, no battery indicator, complete overhaul of the party system(and not for the better), and how EVERYTHING is an app. The interface looks good, but when I have to open an app to check my friend's list and then another app to manage my party, there's something wrong.

I also don't get the achievement thing. The design is okay, I guess, but I'm baffled that the achievements you have earned don't give a description until you select them, but the achievements you have not yet earned have the description right there for you to see. Uh? :D

xMrHitStickx904
12-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Got the Xbox One, loving it so far. Some of the interface is kind of weird though, game invites can be a bit confusing too. Wish we had custom music again, and honestly I hope the guide comes back in some form of capacity too. Being able to snap to the guide could be pretty awesome, that way it streamlines a few things. Using the kinect to move through menus is so effortless, I almost wish Microsoft kept DRM.

I OU a Beatn
12-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Xbox One would be a lot better with their initial vision - every disc installs to the hard drive and you no longer need the disc + family sharing plan.

CLW
12-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Xbox One would be a lot better with their initial vision - every disc installs to the hard drive and you no longer need the disc + family sharing plan.

Yeah until your HDD fills up and they still don't have external drives working yet so until they get that setup the everything digital just doesn't make any sense.

I OU a Beatn
12-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Huh? That's how it already is. Games on both Xbox One and PS4 have to be completely installed to the hard drive whether they're digital or physical retail copies. The only difference is that before everyone bitched and complained and Microsoft changed it, the old system would've meant that once you installed it, you didn't need to keep the physical copy in the drive.

SmoothPancakes
12-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Huh? That's how it already is. Games on both Xbox One and PS4 have to be completely installed to the hard drive whether they're digital or physical retail copies. The only difference is that before everyone bitched and complained and Microsoft changed it, the old system would've meant that once you installed it, you didn't need to keep the physical copy in the drive.

Which would have been greatly preferred now, at least by me and many of us in this thread. But the idiots had to go and bitch about each and every little thing Microsoft was trying to do, which turned what actually would have been a solid console and an actual damn good set up into just a continuation of last-gen processes. It's pretty much the reason why I'm planning on buying most, if not all of my future Xbox One games digitally through the console store. About the only things I'll buy through Amazon, Gamestop or wherever anymore will be games that actually have really damn good pre-order bonuses. Otherwise, I'll just wait until day one to get them through the store.

I OU a Beatn
12-15-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm thinking of doing the same; I'm just waiting to see just how much storage you can use when they implement external drive storage. It was limited on 360 and was pretty useless. If they allow 500GB+ external drives to be used, I'll definitely go digital to get the benefits of switching/snapping.

I OU a Beatn
12-17-2013, 11:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhyDHGx9-6Y

I OU a Beatn
12-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is out tomorrow on Xbox One for $14.99.

SmoothPancakes
12-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Alright, looking to buy a new game. So far I've had just Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and Forza Motorsport 5, which I all got on release day. I'm trying to decide between FIFA 14, NBA 2K14 or Assassin's Creed IV. This is probably going to be the only game I'll buy for another month or so, money is still gonna be tight for a little bit, so I want to make sure it's gonna be a damn good one.

Cost or deals isn't really going to matter because I'm planning on buying it (and most all future games) digitally through the Xbox Store on the console. Since everything has to be installed anyways, discs are pretty much nothing but an annoyance and extra step anymore.

JBHuskers
12-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Alright, looking to buy a new game. So far I've had just Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and Forza Motorsport 5, which I all got on release day. I'm trying to decide between FIFA 14, NBA 2K14 or Assassin's Creed IV. This is probably going to be the only game I'll buy for another month or so, money is still gonna be tight for a little bit, so I want to make sure it's gonna be a damn good one.

Cost or deals isn't really going to matter because I'm planning on buying it (and most all future games) digitally through the Xbox Store on the console. Since everything has to be installed anyways, discs are pretty much nothing but an annoyance and extra step anymore.

2K or FIFA shoulds take up a good amount of your time with career mode or My Player.

SmoothPancakes
12-26-2013, 03:23 PM
2K or FIFA shoulds take up a good amount of your time with career mode or My Player.

Yeah, I'm definitely leaning more towars 2K or FIFA. While I plan to get Assassin's Creed IV at some point, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse: Son of Rome keep me busy for now with free roam and campaign games. Definitely looking more towards sports if I can.

I played the demo for FIFA, had a lot of fun with it (which I knew I would haven't played FIFA the last couple years). Only thing holding me back from it is 2K. I haven't seen a demo for 2K, and while I know I would love MyPlayer and MyGM, the whole VC debacle with NBA 2K is really making me hesitant to pull the trigger on it. I'm looking to have fun and enjoy the MyPlayer and MyGM modes, not have to deal with locked down modes and options that you have to unlock first via VC.

I OU a Beatn
12-26-2013, 04:14 PM
The game play really isn't all that good in NBA. It looks beautiful but it's the same old, annoying, half broken game play. Assassin's Creed is getting raved about as being the best game in the series by a lot of comments I've read from various people. I have it, just haven't played it yet. I know you like those games, so that might be your best bet. On the flip side, Assassin's Creed will drop in price a lot quicker than the other 2 you're thinking about.

SmoothPancakes
12-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Alright, I think I'll roll with FIFA for now then. I've heard so much good AND bad about NBA 2K14, I almost need to play it myself to decide for sure. Maybe I'll hit up Redbox tomorrow after work if they have it in stock, get a hands on feel for it and see if I'll enjoy it, between the typical half broken game play and the VC crap.

Assassin's Creed, you're right, that will definitely drop in price much quicker than NBA 2K or FIFA. Plus I've been feeling in a sports kind of mood when it comes to Xbox One gaming, I'm just not sure how much I'd fire up Assassin's Creed once I complete the story and other stuff.

So I think I'll buy and starting downloading FIFA from the XBox Store right now, look at renting NBA 2K from Redbox tomorrow, and look for, maybe, a AC IV price drop by the spring or early summer and pick it up then.

SmoothPancakes
12-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Well, I didn't know that, but apparently Redbox doesn't stock Xbox One and PS4 games yet, at least not in NW Ohio. Not sure about NBA 2K then. I don't know just how different or similar the next-gen version is to the 360/PS4 version, plus this VC crap that they added.

I wonder if the local video rental store has one. They're more expensive, and it's been probably a decade since I was there, but that might be an option to check out. Either that, or try a free trial of Gamefly and get it that way.

JBHuskers
12-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Well, I didn't know that, but apparently Redbox doesn't stock Xbox One and PS4 games yet, at least not in NW Ohio. Not sure about NBA 2K then. I don't know just how different or similar the next-gen version is to the 360/PS4 version, plus this VC crap that they added.

I wonder if the local video rental store has one. They're more expensive, and it's been probably a decade since I was there, but that might be an option to check out. Either that, or try a free trial of Gamefly and get it that way.

I don't think any do. The website doesn't even have options to choose XB1 or PS4.

I OU a Beatn
12-26-2013, 04:57 PM

Way better looking, plays exactly the same.

SmoothPancakes
12-26-2013, 04:59 PM
I don't think any do. The website doesn't even have options to choose XB1 or PS4.

Yeah, I did some searching, they list Xbox One games if you search on Google for Redbox and Xbox One games, but that's about it. Apparently they were going to start offering Xbox One and PS4 games either last month or this month, but only in "select markets" initially. This was a response to a comment left by someone on their Facebook page in early October:

Hey Christopher, thanks for your question, and thanks for your interest in next-gen games! We’re already carrying Wii U games in select cities, and starting sometime in November or December, we’ll also start carrying PlayStation 4 and Xbox One games in a handful of cities to see how customers like them and decide if we should carry the games in other towns. The final dates haven’t been decided yet. We’re glad you’re interested, and we’ll continue to strive to make more customers happy!

"to see how customers like them and decide if we should carry the games"... Yeah, you already offer Xbox 360 and PS3 games, of course your customers wouldn't give a damn about Xbox One and PS4 games, great logic there. :fp:

So maybe I'll check out Gamefly. I've bought a couple games from them, but I've never actually used the rental service, so I can still get a free one month trial of it. And with work slowing down now that our winter campaigns are over for another year, with primarily weekend programming, Saturday morning show and HS basketball being the biggest portion of my hours, I have some more free time that I would actually be able to give the Gamefly trial proper use and not just have it sitting there ticking away. Get NBA 2K, spend a week or so on it getting a feel for it all, also try out NBA Live firsthand, and check out COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4.

After that, I'll probably cancel before the trial ends, there's just not enough games out, nor coming out in January or February to really make Gamefly worth it at the moment. And I'm pretty much done buying 360 games now that I've have the One. About the only games coming out in the next couple months that interest me are Titanfall (which I'm getting regardless), Watch Dogs (getting regardless), The Crew (April-June release) and Thief (February 25 release). So Thief is really the only game that I'd be using Gamefly for, and that would be a full month after the trial ended. So I'll go with the trial, check out all of the release day next-gen games that I don't already own so I can get a firsthand feel for them and decide if I'll buy them at some point later, and then cancel before the end of the trial period.

SmoothPancakes
12-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Way better looking, plays exactly the same.

FIFA it is then. :D

I played FIFA 13 year-round on the 360, so I know for a fact that I will have plenty of fun with FIFA 14. NBA 2K's gonna get relegated to Gamefly trial period testing to see if it's personally tolerable or if I skip it until next fall.

SmoothPancakes
12-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Alright, FIFA 14 is downloading from the Xbox Store while I sit back for some Little Caesars Pizza Bowl action between Bowling Green and Pittsburgh.

Thanks for the help gentlemen! :up:

It probably would have been easier earlier to just grab FIFA 14, but whoever it was earlier who made a post, wherever it was that I saw it posted on here, about there being a NBA 2K14 Locker code posted on OS for 10,000 free VC in the game, it got me considering buying 2K14 (which I've been wanting to do since before the Xbox One came out) and taking advantage of the code while it still worked, especially with all the horror stories of everything in the game essentially being tied to VC, or so the reports have said. Then I figured I'd check here for some feedback, see what the consensus of opinion was between those three games as to which I should go ahead and grab right now. So while I'll be letting the 10,000 free VC code go by the wayside, eh, oh well, instead of taking a blind leap of faith with NBA 2K, I know for a fact that I'll enjoy every moment of FIFA 14, so it's a win-win for me.

JBHuskers
12-31-2013, 02:44 PM
Someone on Facebook posted this photo of a Tampa Gamestop very desperate to sell their XB1's :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/XB1GSFL_zps5720f025.jpg

CLW
12-31-2013, 04:51 PM
Someone on Facebook posted this photo of a Tampa Gamestop very desperate to sell their XB1's :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/XB1GSFL_zps5720f025.jpg

Must not be too desparate the XB1 hasn't made it to CLEARANCE......... YET. :nod:

bdoughty
12-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Well Amazon has lowered the price to $499.00 and they have had them in stock for some time now. They really should have released a kinect-less option at the same price.

I OU a Beatn
12-31-2013, 06:19 PM
I don't see how it's desperate. They're trying to sell a product they have stock of. Go into GS around any major release and all you'll see is signage and advertising of that game. The only reason you don't see them doing the same thing for the PS4 is because they never have any stock of it.

I know, I know....it involves Microsoft so it automatically has to be doom and gloom. I'm just trying to add a few seconds of reason to the thread.

CLW
12-31-2013, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXKuwhyNfSg

CLW
01-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Wii U Outsells Xbox One The Week Before Christmas According To VGChartz
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/12/31/wii-u-outsells-xbox-one-the-week-before-christmas-according-to-vgchartz/?partner=yahootix

I OU a Beatn
01-01-2014, 04:51 PM
A. It's VG Chartz and therefore made up.
B. Wii U is sold in a lot more regions than the Xbox.
C. Even with all that, stock of the Xbox One was hard to find the first few weeks before Christmas. It wasn't like it is now where you can go into any store and find one.

I also have an extremely hard time believing the PS4 sold over 300,000 systems in North America when it's been almost impossible to find. Absolutely no way.

bdoughty
01-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Really CLW? Do you even read the stuff you post? When an article starts...

We’ll start with the obligatory caveat: VGChartz is a controversial website. Any sales numbers taken from the site should, for a variety of reasons, be taken with a grain of salt.

It's best to not even post it. Even the most proficient of Xbox One trolls would not even touch this.

steelerfan
01-01-2014, 07:23 PM
We’ll start with the obligatory caveat: CLW is a blindly partisan poster. Any posts from CLW should, for a variety of reasons, be taken with a grain of salt.

And TGT's caveat regarding the above.

SmoothPancakes
01-01-2014, 07:26 PM
And TGT's caveat regarding the above.

:nod: :D

CLW
01-01-2014, 08:15 PM
I missed where I said I believed the VGChartz #s. Could someone point me to that post? I merely posted it as it was on topic and I thought was an interesting read.

I OU a Beatn
01-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Then why post it here? Why not post in the PS4 (you know, the console you actually own) and title it "according to VG, Wii U outsells PS4 in Japan"? Makes about as much sense if you don't think their numbers are legit.

bdoughty
01-01-2014, 08:32 PM
I missed where I said I believed the VGChartz #s. Could someone point me to that post? I merely posted it as it was on topic and I thought was an interesting read.

I missed where you said you did not believe in the VGChartz #s. Could you point me to that post? You merely posted it as yet another in a long line of trolling Xbox threads. Similar to how Dhook trolled the Off Topic forum with a bunch of Rap threads.

The only difference is that he is 13, you are a grown ass man.

oweb26
01-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Glad to see things are still the same around these parts! Haven't been in this thread in sometime.

SmoothPancakes
01-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Glad to see things are still the same around these parts! Haven't been in this thread in sometime.

Yeah, you didn't miss much. :D

bdoughty
01-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Speaking of 180's

A new member to the Xbox One club! Purchased it along with Madden 25, FIFA 14, Dead Rising 3 and a $50 gift card to get Peggle 2 and the golf game. I was all set to get a PS4 which they had one left in stock at my local Gamestop and they had both demos out to play. The Xbox One controller reminded me how much more I enjoyed using it. The PS4 controller was improved but still cramped my hands. Also, the exclusive games, right now, were more to my liking. Looking forward to Sunset Overdrive and I will probably end up trying Titanfall.

Going to stick with the Xbox One for all the multi-platform games and down the road get the PS4 for exclusives in a year or two when Naughty Dog stars releasing some stuff and hopefully a Hot Shots Golf game. Will really miss not having a baseball game but I will just have to wait.

SmoothPancakes
01-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Speaking of 180's

A new member to the Xbox One club! Purchased it along with Madden 25, FIFA 14, Dead Rising 3 and a $50 gift card to get Peggle 2 and the golf game. I was all set to get a PS4 which they had one left in stock at my local Gamestop and they had both demos out to play. The Xbox One controller reminded me how much more I enjoyed using it. The PS4 controller was improved but still cramped my hands. Also, the exclusive games, right now, were more to my liking. Looking forward to Sunset Overdrive and I will probably end up trying Titanfall.

Going to stick with the Xbox One for all the multi-platform games and down the road get the PS4 for exclusives in a year or two when Naughty Dog stars releasing some stuff and hopefully a Hot Shots Golf game. Will really miss not having a baseball game but I will just have to wait.

:clap:

Awesome! Let me know if you're ever up for some FIFA or co-oping on Dead Rising 3. I'm always game for some fun times. I'm still on the fence about Madden 25 at the moment, because on reviews, reactions, posted positives and negatives and whatnot. I may look at getting it in February or March, though not sure how much time it would get once Titanfall gets released.

bdoughty
01-02-2014, 08:27 PM

Awesome! Let me know if you're ever up for some FIFA or co-oping on Dead Rising 3. I'm always game for some fun times. I'm still on the fence about Madden 25 at the moment, because on reviews, reactions, posted positives and negatives and whatnot. I may look at getting it in February or March, though not sure how much time it would get once Titanfall gets released.

Already sent you a friend request. I cleaned up my friends list to start from scratch, so be the first. :D Was thrilled to see I still had an existing XBL acct good through July.

* My apologies to JB as I have removed him from my friends list on the 360 and PS3 at least 5 times. It's not you, it is my OCD.

Going to set everything up after the OU/Bama game. Surprised OU has stayed this close so far.

I OU a Beatn
01-02-2014, 08:31 PM
I haven't touched mine in quite awhile. Too disgusted with all the features that are either not there or don't work as well as on the 360.

SmoothPancakes
01-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Already sent you a friend request. I cleaned up my friends list to start from scratch, so be the first. :D Was thrilled to see I still had an existing XBL acct good through July.

* My apologies to JB as I have removed him from my friends list on the 360 and PS3 at least 5 times. It's not you, it is my OCD.

Going to set everything up after the OU/Bama game. Surprised OU has stayed this close so far.

Sweet. Just accepted it. Going through my bye week in NCAA Football right now, so I was already online and got it taken care of.

bdoughty
01-02-2014, 08:57 PM
I haven't touched mine in quite awhile. Too disgusted with all the features that are either not there or don't work as well as on the 360.

Which ones? Honestly I just use my consoles for games. I have a Roku for all the other stuff. Does the Xbox One have a play while install feature? I seem to recall them mentioning it but saw the issues with load times in the compaison with the PS4.

OU takes the lead, wow!

I OU a Beatn
01-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Which ones? Honestly I just use my consoles for games. I have a Roku for all the other stuff. Does the Xbox One have a play while install feature? I seem to recall them mentioning it but saw the issues with load times in the compaison with the PS4.

OU takes the lead, wow!

The party system is an absolute mess. Having every single little thing load as an app (friend's list, achievements, everything) is a huge inconvenience. Should be a mini guide like on 360 instead of going straight to dash. No support for background music(has to be snapped and take up 1/4 of my screen). No battery indicator, controller just dies without even a warning. Game invite system is also a mess. It's not universal like on 360, you have to have the person in your party and then invite them to that specific party game. No recently met players list so I can't friend request good players. Honestly, there's too much stuff to list.

The 360 felt like such an open console with how easily you could communicate with others. With the One, I feel as though I did with the PS3 - closed off. Not impressed at all, especially when Sony has most of these features and they work great.

EDIT: It does support playing while installing. Once it gets to a certain point, it'll tell you it's ready to play.

Also, what happened to things like Smart Match? The thing where it's supposed to match you with similar players. That definitely isn't there. How about searching for a match, doing something else, and being notified when it found you a game? I've searched in both Call of Duty and Battlefield, switched to TV, came back and the match was half over without a notification of placing me in a game.

bdoughty
01-02-2014, 09:15 PM
The party system is an absolute mess. Having every single little thing load as an app (friend's list, achievements, everything) is a huge inconvenience. Should be a mini guide like on 360 instead of going straight to dash. No support for background music(has to be snapped and take up 1/4 of my screen). No battery indicator, controller just dies without even a warning. Game invite system is also a mess. It's not universal like on 360, you have to have the person in your party and then invite them to that specific party game. No recently met players list so I can't friend request good players. Honestly, there's too much stuff to list.

The 360 felt like such an open console with how easily you could communicate with others. With the One, I feel as though I did with the PS3 - closed off. Not impressed at all, especially when Sony has most of these features and they work great.

EDIT: It does support playing while installing. Once it gets to a certain point, it'll tell you it's ready to play.

Also, what happened to things like Smart Match? The thing where it's supposed to match you with similar players. That definitely isn't there. How about searching for a match, doing something else, and being notified when it found you a game? I've searched in both Call of Duty and Battlefield, switched to TV, came back and the match was half over without a notification of placing me in a game.

Sorry to hear that for the online guys. I am primarily offline and only play people I know so it should not be an issue for me.

I need to keep posting in this thread. OU 31 Bama 17. Not even the biggest OU fanboy could have dream this. I did not see OU scoring 31 in the whole game.

AustinWolv
01-02-2014, 11:25 PM

Fine, since you insist, I'll buy it for $1. :)

I am primarily offline and only play people I know so it should not be an issue for me.
Same here.

steelerfan
01-03-2014, 01:11 AM
Even though it disgusts me, I touch mine constantly.

bdoughty
01-03-2014, 01:35 AM

:drum:

While waiting for updates to install I have to ask, "Who the heck decided to move the disc to the left side of the case?" I would like to meet this person and punch them. I realize you can swap the cover around but then your logo at the top is backasswards. Always let the OCD guy in the company handle the little details. It might take a few days longer but shit like this wont happen.

bdoughty
01-04-2014, 12:43 AM
Good gravy a 5gb update for Dead Rising 3? Going to be awhile before I get to play this one.

SmoothPancakes
01-04-2014, 01:42 AM
Yeah, that's one thing I hate about the new generation. Last gen on 360, I think the biggest amount on my hard drive for an installed game was somewhere between 11 and 17 GB, I can't remember the exact totals, but it was for Fable III, Grand Theft Auto IV or Final Fantasy XIII. I have no clue what GTA V may have came in at, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it up there as well. But that was the high end. Otherwise, most games only checked in at somewhere between 3 and 8 GB when installing the disc onto the drive.

When it came to updates and DLC, most updates were only in the 250 MB to 1 GB range (for major updates) and DLC were anywhere from 500 MB to 2 GB.

But now on the new generation, it seems like all of the games are averaging 25-50 GB to install the disc, with updates, not DLC, but updates ranging in the low-to-mid GBs. Absolutely ridiculous how much the sizes have jumped. If Microsoft hasn't yet set up or enabled the ability to hook up an external hard drive via USB, they need to get rolling on that. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to end up maxing out my hard drive within the next year, especially so with these larger file, install and download sizes.

bdoughty
01-04-2014, 06:07 AM
From what I read some of it appears to have to do with the DLC. That part kind of sucks if you are not planning on getting it. I enjoyed Madden and FIFA but Dead Rising was the first true "Next Gen" game I have played. Driving over a few hundred zombies was my first wow moment. We definitely have to play this co-op at some time. I am even restarting my save to get some of the zombies I missed at the very first. Definitely not a fan of of the inventory system and there are probably are too many items you can pick up early on, which added to my frustration. Drove me nuts every time I had to drop and then pickup my current weapon when eating something and the inventory is full.

A few questions that are bugging me but I have not researched yet. Can you view the items you are downloading and can you go to the actual files stored on the hard drive or is the only way to delete something by hitting start while on top of the game. Same question for quitting a game with hitting the glowing logo and then hitting start of the game and quit. Seems a bit clunky if that is the case. Also can you see how much space you have left? I went into all the settings and could not find anything.

SmoothPancakes
01-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Interesting. Well, either way, I can guaranteed I'd eventually fill out my hard drive sooner or later. I ran into that issue early on the 360, even with a 500 GB hard drive. So hopefully they get things set for use of external drive, I'll get me a nice big 1 or 2 TB drive.

:D You sound like me. I actually have to restart my story. I'm about halfway through chapter 3, and I only have something like 7 hours until the clock runs out and it's game over. I spent too much time just driving around in my combo vehicles and building combo weapons and bombs and going around doing nothing but mindlessly mowing down and slaughter zombies by the thousands. I think, going by memory, I was somewhere around 40,000 or 50,000 zombies killed so far in my current play-through. :D

I do agree about the inventory slots, it can get annoying when it comes to food and stuff. Thankfully you can get a couple extra inventory slots if you upgrade the right skill early on.

One change that I love is once you pick up an item, weapon, food item, whatever, it ends up being permanently available in your weapons locker in your safe house. So as I was going through my current run through the story, I'd have my inventory full of my preferred combo weapons, but when I'd come across a new item or something, I'd do a quick swap so I at least held the new item momentarily and could access it later in my safe house. Or if I come across a blueprint for a combo weapon or come across a combo vehicle, I'd make the combo real quick (even if it meant dropping some of my current inventory) so that way I had made it at least once and would have it readily available in my weapons locker in the future.

It can feel sort of cheap, being able to just load up on combo weapons, picking and choosing what ones you want right there in your safe house, but it sure as hell beats having to run all over to hell and back like in Dead Rising 2, trying to find two damn weapons somewhere clear on the other side of the map to try and find the proper weapons needed to make a certain combo.

SCClassof93
01-04-2014, 12:53 PM

Liar!!! :D

SCClassof93
01-04-2014, 12:55 PM

Truth. Know that!! :D

bdoughty
01-05-2014, 12:00 AM
A few questions that are bugging me but I have not researched yet. Can you view the items you are downloading and can you go to the actual files stored on the hard drive or is the only way to delete something by hitting start while on top of the game. Same question for quitting a game with hitting the glowing logo and then hitting start of the game and quit. Seems a bit clunky if that is the case. Also can you see how much space you have left? I went into all the settings and could not find anything.

Since nobody replied I had to look for myself. A whole lot of no's. I really do miss the old 360 menus and options available.

I OU a Beatn
01-05-2014, 12:33 AM
Sorry, I didn't see that in your post. You can view/pause current downloads by going into your games and apps library. There is no storage management yet, but you can delete stuff by going into the games and apps library and hitting options(start) then delete. Also, yes, that is the only way to actually close an app. You have to hit start then quit.

You can't see how much space you have left yet. It's coming in a future update.

Stupid, I know.

bdoughty
01-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013. (http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-january-thank-you)

bdoughty
01-08-2014, 07:38 PM
I really began to dislike the timers with the side missions in Dead Rising 3. They move a lot quicker than the story. I wish they would have scrapped that since this an open world and I like to explore. Also started getting a bit repetitive so I traded it to a friend who had COD Ghost (he would have also traded for BF4). I have only played one COD game but the main reason I picked COD is that you can play muliplayer offline with bots. I hate playing a FPS online and from my understanding Battlefield 4 does not have such a mode.

CLW
01-13-2014, 05:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcrBVNtiP0k

CLW
01-16-2014, 06:18 AM
Microsoft: Xbox One vs PS4 Spec Difference is "Fairly Marginal""It comes down to the games."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/16/microsoft-xbox-one-vs-ps4-spec-difference-is-fairly-marginal

bdoughty
01-16-2014, 06:40 AM
Microsoft: Xbox One vs PS4 Spec Difference is "Fairly Marginal""It comes down to the games."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/16/microsoft-xbox-one-vs-ps4-spec-difference-is-fairly-marginal

They are minimal and it does come down to games. Pretty damn simple stuff there.

bdoughty
01-20-2014, 06:29 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dead-rising-3-receives-massive-13gb-update/1100-6417231/

So we already had a 5GB update and now those still with the game get a 13GB update to boot. Crazy thing is people are saying after the install it only raises the size of the file 1.5GB. MS really screwed the pooch on how they handle these updates.

I OU a Beatn
01-20-2014, 06:32 PM
Yeah, that's asinine.

bdoughty
01-20-2014, 06:35 PM
I guess these big ass patches are heavily overwriting a bunch of stuff already on the disc? I feel bad for people with bandwidth caps and slow connections. I used to marvel at how the 360 would have these tiny little 10MB patches that would be 200-500gb on the PS3.

CLW
01-21-2014, 06:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxGwkS8R0Ms

I OU a Beatn
01-21-2014, 11:36 AM
He acts like one of the delusional whack jobs over at NeoGAF. Bitching about Titanfall even though he couldn't play it regardless? Yep. Complaining about Microsoft paying people to advertise for them? Yep. That's just the past several days, too. Here's the thing, though. Titanfall is going to sell a shit ton and be universally praised by critics and customers, and Microsoft paying people to advertise for them for that cheap is extremely smart. Tough shit if you don't like it.

Now onto actual Xbox One news:

Microsoft will provide live NFL games at 60 FPS (http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/microsoft-announces-xbox-one-will-provide-nfl-games-60fps/)

CLW
01-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Microsoft Considering Making Digital Games CheaperIt's "on the agenda."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/24/microsoft-considering-making-digital-games-cheaper

I OU a Beatn
01-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Microsoft Buys Gears of War IP; Hiring Spree of Old Gears Developers (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/27/gears-of-war-rights-acquired-by-microsoft)

Incredibly smart move and 100% justifies my decision to get an Xbox. Getting Rod Ferguson back is the smartest thing they could have done. Interesting that this is the huge game Black Tusk Studios is working on. I only hope that they treat it with care.

Microsoft has bought the rights to the Gears of War franchise from Epic Games, and handed development duties to Black Tusk Studios.

The move means the series will remain an Xbox-exclusive. As part of the deal Rod Ferguson, former director of production of the series at Epic, will join Microsoft and help the team at Black Tusk out.

"Today we're excited to announce that Microsoft Studios has acquired the rights to the Gears of War franchise from Epic Games, including rights to all existing and future games, entertainment experiences and merchandise," a statement reads. "In addition, we are excited to announce that Black Tusk Studios in Vancouver, BC will take over development of the Gears of War franchise and that Rod Fergusson, former Director of Production at Epic Games on the Gears of War franchise, will join Microsoft and play a key studio leadership role at Black Tusk on the development of the franchise going forward."

Black Tusk Studios opened its doors in late 2012, when Microsoft Vancouver underwent a rebrand. While we don't know what it's been working on since, at the time it was tasked with creating "the next Halo".

Microsoft's Phil Spencer commented on the decision to hand Black Tusk the reigns to the series, saying, "Black Tusk has assembled a world-class team with deep experience and passion for the shooter space, and specifically the Gears of War franchise."

Epic founder and CEO Tim Sweeney said, "Epic Games has reached an agreement to sell the Gears of War intellectual property rights to Microsoft. We’re very proud of the franchise we built in close partnership with Microsoft over the past decade and are happy that this agreement enables Microsoft to forge ahead with the Gears universe on their industry-leading platforms as Epic concentrates its efforts on new projects. Epic remains totally dedicated to supporting Xbox One and is licensing the Unreal Engine 4 technology to Microsoft in support of their future projects."

SCClassof93
01-27-2014, 10:55 AM
As my ps4 gathers dust awaiting some type of "fix" that will allow saved games to load I find it difficult to walk by these Xbox 1's I see in stores :nod:

JBHuskers
01-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Microsoft Buys Gears of War IP; Hiring Spree of Old Gears Developers (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/27/gears-of-war-rights-acquired-by-microsoft)

Incredibly smart move and 100% justifies my decision to get an Xbox. Getting Rod Ferguson back is the smartest thing they could have done. Interesting that this is the huge game Black Tusk Studios is working on. I only hope that they treat it with care.

That will maybe push me into an XB1 sooner than later. I still have Gold til 2015 :D

I OU a Beatn
01-27-2014, 11:33 AM

Get ready for Titanfall beta!

Spoiler: It's awesome.

AustinWolv
01-27-2014, 11:43 AM
:up:

A pair of good news items. Me approve!

cdj
01-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Microsoft: Something like 1 vs. 100 coming to Xbox One (http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/5350684/microsoft-something-like-1-vs-100-coming-to-xbox-one)

1 Vs. 100, part massive, interactive live trivia game show, part Xbox 360 video game, may never return, but Microsoft does plan to bring something like it to the Xbox One, according to Dave McCarthy, general manager for Lifestyle Entertainment at Microsoft Studios.

"It has a good image here," he told Polygon in a recent interview. "The approach is something we really enjoyed. We will do something in the future for Xbox One that is like that, because spiritually we thought it was a pretty cool experience ourselves."

In 2010, McCarthy was the one who had to announce the demise of the game which had players taking each other on in a live, massive trivia contest through the console. At the time, McCarthy said that the team knew they were creating an "entirely new genre of entertainment that would be a continually evolving concept."

Full article at Polygon (http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/5350684/microsoft-something-like-1-vs-100-coming-to-xbox-one)

I OU a Beatn
01-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Awesome, 1 vs. 100 was fun as hell on the 360. I was really disappointed when they axed it.

JBHuskers
01-27-2014, 09:02 PM
Awesome, 1 vs. 100 was fun as hell on the 360. I was really disappointed when they axed it.

A shit ton of people were. :fdown:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
01-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Insider on GAF signed up today and leaked a bunch of awesome stuff. If half this stuff is true, then :whoa:

If you're joining the thread then this Bish-verified insider ntkrnl has been UNLEASING THE BOMBS.

Here's all the stuff so far he's said in this thread:

Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros."
White Xbone incoming.
Why all the leaks? Scared you might get caught? "I am incapable of fear. Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad. "
Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
Is not Phil Spencer
Black Tusk cancelled project was called "Shangheist." May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure...)
Fable Legends is Summer 2015
Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it's a 2016 title.
A list w/dates of the rest of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries that Xbone will release in this year.
No info/idea on what Rare's up to, sadly.
$399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."

EDIT: He also claims Games with Gold will be on Xbox One starting around April.

bdoughty
01-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Hopefully the parts about Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive in 2014 are true. We also need some more games to have Games with Gold actually matter. ;)

AustinWolv
01-29-2014, 10:54 PM
I quite enjoyed Forza Horizon on 360.

JBHuskers
01-30-2014, 09:11 AM
I quite enjoyed Forza Horizon on 360.

Gonna play more once I hook my 360 back up again.

I OU a Beatn
01-30-2014, 11:37 AM
Another verified source confirmed that everything he knows about is true. Also that a Titanfall themed Xbox One is being released along with Halo 3 and Halo 4 supposedly being ported over to the Xbox One. Apparently Microsoft is going to be coming hard after this guy since he blew half the company's shit. Video games. :D

AustinWolv
01-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Could care less about Halo. Can't think of a more overhyped game series I've ever played. I don't get the following it has.
Red vs. Blue back in the day was funny though.

Quantum Break I'm looking forward to so far.

Not sure what to think of Sunset Overdrive yet.

CLW
01-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Sell Microsoft Your PS3 For $100 Off an Xbox OneXbox 360 S and Xbox 360 E are eligible for the same promotion.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/sell-microsoft-your-ps3-for-100-off-an-xbox-one

souljahbill
01-31-2014, 10:15 AM
I have to much digital content to sell any of my last-gen systems (PS3, 360, Wii).

AustinWolv
01-31-2014, 10:24 AM
I have to much digital content to sell any of my last-gen systems (PS3, 360, Wii).

That and all the disc games I've haven't tackled yet. Or plan to still. :)

Stan HAMsen
01-31-2014, 11:18 AM
I haven't looked at the details yet, but that might work out for me. I have a 360 that I bought a few months ago in hopes that Live Gold would count as a service provider for WatchESPN. I don't have any games for it or anything. It would be great to get half my money back.

GatorfanStovy
01-31-2014, 11:33 AM
I haven't looked at the details yet, but that might work out for me. I have a 360 that I bought a few months ago in hopes that Live Gold would count as a service provider for WatchESPN. I don't have any games for it or anything. It would be great to get half my money back.

How is that possible and when? That would be awesome.

JBHuskers
01-31-2014, 11:34 AM
I think it's still tied to your cable company on the 360.

GatorfanStovy
01-31-2014, 11:38 AM
very true JB :fp: i need to upgrade. but i went to the gb sf wild card game instead :(

Stan HAMsen
01-31-2014, 12:01 PM
I think it's still tied to your cable company on the 360.

Correct. I was disappointed.

Still, watching the free content on WatchESPN was smoother on the 360 than on PC, so I kept it.

AustinWolv
01-31-2014, 02:05 PM
ESPN360 was great, but then ESPN changed to the WatchESPN format a couple years ago. Bullshit. I can only watch some ESPN3 stuff now, but no ESPN or ESPN2 which sucks. If your cable/internet provider has a deal in place with WatchESPN then you can get it on 360 or XB1.

Unfortunately, U-verse doesn't have such a deal in place, so no ESPN on 360 or XB1 for me yet.

Really, really wish they would just get a deal done. Sucks having really nice TVs but having a subpar picture because I'm streaming games to my laptop over the net from some foreign website and then watching that on my TV. Oh well, hell of a lot cheaper than getting raped by having cable TV service!

Stan HAMsen
02-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Finally clicked the link...

Looks like the trade in promotion is only good in Microsoft Stores, which I didn't know existed. Doesn't seem to be one close.

Maybe I'll trade the 360 in at GameStop for, like, $15 or whatever. :fp:

I OU a Beatn
02-05-2014, 11:32 AM
I’m excited to be able to share details with you today about several product updates we’ll be delivering for Xbox One starting next week. The team has been really excited to see the gameplay on Xbox One and the millions of hours of fun our fans have experienced since launch. We’ve also been busy listening to your feedback and working hard to incorporate it into Xbox One as soon as possible. We remain incredibly energized and we are aggressively working to make Xbox One better, faster than ever before.

Xbox One is a platform for continuous innovation and new consumer experiences over time. Just as we did with Xbox 360, Xbox One will have regular updates to deliver new features and platform experiences designed to delight you. We’re always listening to you and we love your feedback, so keep it coming.
February 11 system updates

On February 11, the first update will be delivered to customers who sign into their Xbox One. It features many new improvements – including lots of behind-the-scenes updates for developers building apps and games for Xbox One, several new features we believe Xbox fans will love, stability and product updates to improve the customer experience, and continuous improvements to the quality of Kinect voice so commands become more fluid and responsive over time. While we won’t be going into all of the details of the product updates today, we will be sharing more information soon.

Some of the features you can expect to see on February 11 include:

The ability to see and manage your storage space. With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content. You can also control your install lineup and more easily manage your download queue. We’ve separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we’ve added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load.

The battery power indicator is back! You can see it right on the home screen, so you can easily track how much battery life is left on your controller.
And, you will be able to use your USB keyboard with your Xbox One.

These are just a few of the many updates we will be shipping on February 11. We’ll share more details on these and other upcoming features in the coming weeks. We have several surprises in store that we think you’ll love.

March 4 system updates – countdown to “Titanfall”

On March 4, in advance of what is expected to be the biggest game launch of the year, we will be delivering another system update to prepare your Xbox One for “Titanfall.” This update will contain many new features and improvements, most significantly to our party and multiplayer systems. Available on March 11, “Titanfall” is a team-based online multiplayer game that showcases the power of Xbox Live, and we will be shipping a new party and multiplayer system that will help make “Titanfall” the must-have game for this generation.

This post is the first of many announcements and sneak peeks at features in the system updates. We’ve been carefully listening to your feedback and look forward to delivering many new features that will make Xbox One even better. We’re just getting started and can’t wait to share more information in the coming weeks.

About damn time. This new party system update had better be all kinds of amazing.

SmoothPancakes
02-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Excellent. Looks like most of my couple issues with the Xbox One are about to be fixed. :clap:

AustinWolv
02-05-2014, 03:31 PM
I hope they make flipping through achievements more intuitive as well. Kind of annoying that you go to look at one in detail and then can't go back to the list easily.

I OU a Beatn
02-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Excellent. Looks like most of my couple issues with the Xbox One are about to be fixed. :clap:

Yeah, it's shocking to me it even launched without some of this stuff, but at least they were relatively quick in getting it patched.

I hope they make flipping through achievements more intuitive as well. Kind of annoying that you go to look at one in detail and then can't go back to the list easily.

Agree, a lot of the navigation is a complete mess. One of the guys I follow on Twitter that works at Microsoft was teasing much more being included with the update (I'm guessing streaming to Twitch or something else big).

AustinWolv
02-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Yeah, excited to see what else is streamlined and "fixed". Separating games and apps is a very good thing IMO.

bdoughty
02-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Hooray, for stuff we should have had at launch. ;)

JBHuskers
02-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Hooray, for stuff we should have had at launch. ;)

CLW hacked his account :o

AustinWolv
02-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Eh, with a whole new OS, I can see how things got overlooked, but you'd think they would have taken some testing time with 360 users to see what should carry over or what little things they did/appreciated that should have been carried over to XB1. Besides the battery check thing and being able to scroll/review achievements more easily, I don't have too much to complain about. Granted, have been busy and haven't spent a lot of time "power using" the OS and homepage versus just playing games.
And that was silly to not have storage accessible.

bdoughty
02-06-2014, 09:54 AM
CLW hacked his account :o

Unlike CLW, I am pretty cynical towards both next-gen consoles. I give MS no slack just because I own one, in fact I am harder on it because I own one.

I OU a Beatn
02-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Unlike CLW, I am pretty cynical towards both next-gen consoles. I give MS no slack just because I own one, in fact I am harder on it because I own one.

Exactly. It's asinine how much stuff was left out of these consoles at launch. Everyone gets on Microsoft for rushing to the market, but they both did exactly that. Microsoft is really on my shit list due to the fact that they had party systems working perfectly on 360, and then turned around and completely messed it up.

CLW
02-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Sniper Elite Dev Explains Xbox One 1080p Difficulties"I think the Xbox One is gonna catch up."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/10/sniper-elite-dev-explains-xbox-one-1080p-difficulties

GatorfanStovy
02-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Sniper Elite Dev Explains Xbox One 1080p Difficulties"I think the Xbox One is gonna catch up."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/10/sniper-elite-dev-explains-xbox-one-1080p-difficulties

was there any doubt :fp:

I OU a Beatn
02-11-2014, 09:20 PM
A. Xbox One is more than capable of games being 1080p and running at 60 FPS. Development kits have been buggy and that's been known since before launch. As those get better, developers will have an easier job of getting the most out of the system.

B. PS4 is quite simply more powerful, so there will never been true parity between the two.

C. Anyone who cares about this stuff and fights over it like I've seen numerous doing since launch should build themselves a nice PC, which blows both of them away.

CLW
02-13-2014, 06:08 PM
January 2014 NPD: PlayStation 4 outsells Xbox One by 2-to-1 marginhttp://venturebeat.com/2014/02/13/january-2014-npd-playstation-4-extends-its-lead/

I OU a Beatn
02-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Yep, it's official: nobody wants consoles and this will be the last generation of them. :fp:

They're both selling extremely well and the Xbox One is going to get an enormous boost come March. Great for the industry.

JBHuskers
02-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Yep, it's official: nobody wants consoles and this will be the last generation of them. :fp:

They're both selling extremely well and the Xbox One is going to get an enormous boost come March. Great for the industry.

I think I heard that the XB1 is selling 2.5 or 3.5 times faster than the 360.

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Compared to the first 4 months of the 360 launch, it is. The funny thing is that even with that effort, they're still getting outsold by Sony at least 1.5:1 just about everywhere. Honestly, if I was them, I'd be looking at how how well Titanfall does and if it doesn't move the consoles that they expect it to, I'd be cutting the price down to $400. 99% of people do not care about the power difference between the consoles, it's the price.

I'd also be whipping out my checkbook and spending whatever the hell it takes to secure Titanfall as an Xbox exclusive for the life of the franchise. It's the next big thing and having it exclusively on your system would get a lot of people to jump in that want to play it. I'm quite sure it would cost in upwards of $500 million to do that, but I'm pretty confident in saying it would be worth it for them in the long run.

CLW
02-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Compared to the first 4 months of the 360 launch, it is. The funny thing is that even with that effort, they're still getting outsold by Sony at least 1.5:1 just about everywhere. Honestly, if I was them, I'd be looking at how how well Titanfall does and if it doesn't move the consoles that they expect it to, I'd be cutting the price down to $400. 99% of people do not care about the power difference between the consoles, it's the price.

I'd also be whipping out my checkbook and spending whatever the hell it takes to secure Titanfall as an Xbox exclusive for the life of the franchise. It's the next big thing and having it exclusively on your system would get a lot of people to jump in that want to play it. I'm quite sure it would cost in upwards of $500 million to do that, but I'm pretty confident in saying it would be worth it for them in the long run.

Nah I'd keep the price where it is. It's the loss of the "always online" policy that's killing them. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Nah I'd keep the price where it is. It's the loss of the "always online" policy that's killing them. :nod:

I know you're trolling, but price is everything. To the hardcore player, it's nothing. To the rest of the people that game, it's everything. It's why a woefully under powered console absolutely ran rough shot over two high definition consoles last gen. The sooner Microsoft gets the price down to match Sony, the better off they will be.

JBHuskers
02-14-2014, 12:24 PM
I know you're trolling, but price is everything. To the hardcore player, it's nothing. To the rest of the people that game, it's everything. It's why a woefully under powered console absolutely ran rough shot over two high definition consoles last gen. The sooner Microsoft gets the price down to match Sony, the better off they will be.

The thing is I don't want my new gaming console used for any entertainment unless it has a VERY distinct advantage over the application on PS3.

I have zero apps installed on the PS4. I'll probably do the same on XB1.

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 12:33 PM
The thing is I don't want my new gaming console used for any entertainment unless it has a VERY distinct advantage over the application on PS3.

I have zero apps installed on the PS4. I'll probably do the same on XB1.

I don't use them, either. I have Netflix and the Blu-ray player installed, but that's it. I've never been a big entertainment guy, though. I just want both my Sony and Microsoft consoles to play each system's exclusives and then to play games on them.

JBHuskers
02-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I prefer Roku anyways. Save wear and tear. But I like the PS3 for apps too because of the remote.

AustinWolv
02-14-2014, 03:13 PM
I used the hell out of my 360 for Netflix, especially for the kids, since we cut the cord for cable a couple years ago. Now the 360 is in my bedroom where we had a Roku, such that I use the Roku in there for netflix, etc. But the XB1 is in the living room on the big TV, so we still use it for Netflix there. Not going to buy a Roku box for the living room if I don't have to. :)

JBHuskers
02-14-2014, 03:15 PM
I'd prefer to use the Roku to save wear and tear on the new systems. I have a Roku 1 in the living room and the Roku 2 XS in the bedroom since the XS has the Time Warner TV app.

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 04:21 PM
I'd personally be fine using apps on my Xbox One. It's designed to be left on a lot. No matter how much I use it, it's cool all the time and makes zero noise. I'd be a little afraid to do the same with my PS4s because they get pretty warm to the touch and make a little bit of noise (especially with Shadow Fall), but I'm sure it would be fine as well. I just have no interest in the media stuff of either console.

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Update starting to roll out now. Xbox will automatically look for update when you turn it off if you have it set to instant off and will then download during "non-peak hours."

Full list of changes:

*Update to My Game & Apps to allow sorting of games and application lists, and separate queue lists for games, applications and installs

*Ability to delete game and application save data

*Improved installation and DLC management

*Addition of the controller battery power indicator

*Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages, and party chat

*Game DVR app to be included in the Xbox OneGuide as an app channel

*Update to the boot progress indicators for system update

*Improve consistency of UX for update & install progress

*Separate game, application, and install queue lists

*Addition of USB keyboard support

*Stability and performance update

*Improved NAT detection

*Network Troubleshooter improvements

*Blu-ray quality improvements

*Significant performance and stability improvements

I OU a Beatn
02-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Apparently they got rid of that God awful sharpening filter. HELL YES! Come on, update! I need to see Titanfall without the sharpening filter.

I OU a Beatn
02-15-2014, 01:42 AM
Titanfall beta servers are back up. The game looks MUCH better with the awful sharpening filter gone. Killer Instinct also looks a lot better. Smart move on Microsoft's part.

SCClassof93
02-16-2014, 08:08 AM

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091228225242AAt3jFc

I see that :sf: has been slack in his duties :P

I OU a Beatn
02-16-2014, 12:32 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091228225242AAt3jFc

I see that :sf: has been slack in his duties :P

One of my pet peeves, actually. I can't believe I typed that. Next I'll be saying "I could care less." :fp:

JBHuskers
02-16-2014, 05:24 PM
What was the deal with sharpening?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
02-16-2014, 05:45 PM
It was a sharpening filter (much like one available on most TVs) that was applied to sub 1080p games to "make it look better." It didn't work right and only resulted in a super sharp image with crushed blacks and basically made everything dark and jagged looking. With it gone, it looks MUCH better. It should have never been there in the first place.

SCClassof93
02-17-2014, 11:26 AM
One of my pet peeves, actually. I can't believe I typed that. Next I'll be saying "I could care less." :fp:

:D:up:

steelerfan
02-17-2014, 12:15 PM

The one that drives me up the wall is "would of". :fp: :D

SCClassof93
02-17-2014, 12:28 PM
The one that drives me up the wall is "would of". :fp: :D

:D nothing like owning would :D

SmoothPancakes
02-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Damn, despite not many games released yet on Xbox One, I just looked, I've already used up 58% of my hard drive. :D Only 153.2 GB free.

But, I guess I have bought a whole lot of games in the last two months. Looking at games available to purchase digitally on Xbox One, the only major games I haven't bought are Battlefield 4, NBA 2K14, Need for Speed Rivals and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

Otherwise, I've bought most of the major releases. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, FIFA 14, Forza Motorsport 5, Madden NFL 25, NBA Live 14 and Ryse: Son of Rome.

I OU a Beatn
02-18-2014, 05:57 PM
I'm already using over 63%. Come on, external storage!

Hopefully you can use 2 or 3GB external drives like the Western Digital My Book. That would be excellent.

SmoothPancakes
02-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Yep, hopefully we hear something in the next couple months. Thankfully, for the moment, I don't have too many additional games that I plan to purchase. I'm definitely getting Thief (February 25), Titanfall (March 11), Watch Dogs (Q2 2014), RBI Baseball 14 (Q2 2014), Sniper Elite 3 (TBA 2014) and Halo - Xbox One (TBA 2014). So with all of those nice and spread out, I won't blow through my remaining space too quickly.

Question will be, what additional games will I pick up. There are a few games that I don't know much about, but as more information is released, I may look into the details on them and consider getting them, including: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (March 18), Project Spark (Q2 2014), The Evil Within (August 26), Destiny (September 9), The Crew (Q3 2014), Sunset Overdrive (TBA 2014), Lords of the Fallen (TBA 2014), Tom Clancy's The Division (TBA 2014), Dying Light (TBA 2014), Final Fantasy XV (TBA 2014).

How many of those secondary games I get will be the issue I run into. I get even half of those, then I'll be pushing it on space without hooking up an external drive.

And I hope you mean more than "2 or 3 GB" external drives. One of those drives wouldn't be enough for a single game. :D Now if you're talking 2 or 3 TB, then we're on the same page. I'm definitely gonna be looking at drives in the TB range.

I OU a Beatn
02-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Oh yeah, meant TB. :D

For me, I'm getting Garden Warfare next week, then Titanfall. After that, I have no idea. I'll probably get Destiny on PS4. Other than that, I'll probably be devoting most of my time on Titanfall. Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Forza Horizon 2, and Halo 2 Anniversary are all guaranteed buys, too. I know the last 2 are rumored, but I'm pretty confident they're coming. I'll probably wait for sales on the rest of the stuff.

AustinWolv
02-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Geez Smooth, going for a completionist game owner whoring achievement? :p

I think I'm at 35+% already, so um yeah, c'mon storage.

SmoothPancakes
02-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Geez Smooth, going for a completionist game owner whoring achievement? :p

I think I'm at 35+% already, so um yeah, c'mon storage.

Is there one? :D

I have been whoring COD Ghosts the last two days. Completed the campaign Sunday, completed around another 200 GS yesterday from finding the last of the Rorke Files and wrapping up various challenge achievements during specific missions. I only have two or three more of those mission specific achievements left and it'll just be finishing the game on Veteran and all of the Extinction achievements.

I OU a Beatn
02-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Those Extinction achievements are impossible without a REALLY good team. The one is complete all the challenges AND escape. Extinction achievements are the only ones I have left, too, and they're probably never getting done.

If you want to try them out, though, I'm game. We would just need 2 other people.

SmoothPancakes
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Those Extinction achievements are impossible without a REALLY good team. The one is complete all the challenges AND escape. Extinction achievements are the only ones I have left, too, and they're probably never getting done.

If you want to try them out, though, I'm game. We would just need 2 other people.

Yeah, that's what I've heard. I was laughing, some people thought Jungle Ghosts was a tough achievement, it was quite relatively easy. It's extremely easy compared to Extinction from what I've heard from people. But yeah, I'm willing to give it a go. It certainly would be nice to actually play with people I know.

In the past with the various zombie modes on Black Ops and whatnot, it was generally only me, old college roommate, maybe one of our friends we've made from playing multiplayer in various games, and then a random person. That random person would always screw us, to the point that we just gradually stopped playing zombies over a period of time because we'd make it so far before the random inevitably screwed us and everything we'd accomplished and all the time spent was for nothing.

AustinWolv
02-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Is there one? :D
I have been whoring COD Ghosts the last two days. Completed the campaign Sunday, completed around another 200 GS yesterday from finding the last of the Rorke Files and wrapping up various challenge achievements during specific missions. I only have two or three more of those mission specific achievements left and it'll just be finishing the game on Veteran and all of the Extinction achievements.
Ha, whored what I could out of Ghosts last week or so. Did Veteran on the first playthrough. Much easier than Veteran of past versions. Actually not hard at all.

As for Extinction..........

Extinction achievements are the only ones I have left, too, and they're probably never getting done.
That.

I OU a Beatn
02-19-2014, 04:28 PM
The Veteran campaigns stopped being hard for me after World at War. Call of Duty 4 and World at War, though...fuck that noise. I beat them both on Veteran and even got the Mile High Club in 4, but they were hard as hell.

CLW
02-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Microsoft's Xbox One Is Selling So Poorly Retailers Are Getting Desperate
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/19/microsoft-corporations-xbox-one-is-selling-so-poor.aspx

SmoothPancakes
02-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Thread titled with something to do with Xbox One/Xbox 360.

Last post made by user CLW.

Probability of said post by user CLW having to do with bashing the XBox One/Xbox 360 or negative against Xbox One/Xbox 360 in some way, shape or form, and/or simultaneously having something to do with being pro-PS4? Probability=100%

http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/userpix/4472_trollwarning_1.jpg

I OU a Beatn
02-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Same thing with PS4s. Those things are so awful that most stores don't even consistently have stock of the damn thing.

See, it's really not all that hard to come up with a moronic conclusion. Just because retailers are offering deals on the system doesn't mean retailers are desperate to move the things. It's simple marketing. There's a massive potential hit coming out next month, they have stock, so they're going to try to move as much of it as possible.

Shadow Fall and Knack have seen numerous sales. Does that mean retailers are desperate to get rid of those? Target had a buy 2 get 1 on PS4 games during launch week. They must have been desperate to get rid of those games they had JUST received, right?

The simple fact that retailers are still selling the Wii U and the Vita in stores should tell you that it takes a bombing of epic proportion (even more so than the Wii U and Vita) before they start getting desperate to move stock. The whole "retailer X is offering ______ on _________ therefore they must be desperate" is seriously stupid.

I OU a Beatn
02-24-2014, 03:13 PM
Titanfall Bundle (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console/dp/B00CMQTVUA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1393276285&sr=8-6&keywords=titanfall+xbox+one)

Xbox One console, controller, 1 month of Live, Kinect, digital copy of Titanfall. $499.

I smell a price cut coming relatively soon. I'd like a second one, so $400 would be great. I'm guessing that will happen after E3.

I OU a Beatn
02-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Looks like that bundle is $475 (and no tax or shipping costs) if you sign up here (http://microsoftstore.promo.eprize.com/mobile/?siteID=OOTtr9mlaCk-jztBSOAThaxdA8cav8pURw) and redeem the rebate when checking out with the Titanfall bundle at Microsoft Store. Damn good deal. Effectively makes the console itself like $410.

CLW
02-25-2014, 06:29 AM
Xbox One: Microsoft Isn't Planning on Removing Kinect"Not in our plans at all."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/xbox-one-microsoft-isnt-planning-on-removing-kinect?abthid=530c894dd634a4b76a00000e

cdj
02-25-2014, 07:44 AM
Twitch gameplay streaming is coming to the Xbox One next month, according to the Associated Press. The report says the feature, which was available on the PS4 at launch but not on the Xbox One, is scheduled to be patched in when Respawn's Titanfall is released in North America on March 11.

According to the AP, Twitch on Xbox One also allow users to archive games streams and initiate streaming broadcasts via voice commands. We've reached out to Microsoft to confirm the details.

"It's complete integration," Twitch CEO Emmett Shear told the AP. "It's exciting because we've never had the ability to broadcast from a console like this with such a deep level of integration. The concept of being able to join a broadcasters' party is really cool, and it's another step in the direction of interacting more closely with broadcasters."

"That's a very certain type of experience," said Xbox chief marketing and strategy officer Yusuf Medhi of Twitch on PS4. "For us, we thought that was too limiting for what our fans would want. Our fans really want the full next-gen service, so that's why we decided to take our time, do it right and have it come out in this fashion."

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/25/twitch-titanfall-xbox-one/)

I OU a Beatn
02-25-2014, 11:22 AM
About time. This March update is going to be enormous.

GatorfanStovy
02-25-2014, 12:27 PM
Xbox One: Microsoft Isn't Planning on Removing Kinect"Not in our plans at all."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/xbox-one-microsoft-isnt-planning-on-removing-kinect?abthid=530c894dd634a4b76a00000e

Bastards! So what happen to the cheaper console then later this summer?

I OU a Beatn
02-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Depends on sales. If Titanfall is the system seller they're hoping, that momentum should take them right into this holiday where the rest of the lineup is scheduled to release, including Halo. If Titanfall doesn't move consoles like they're expecting, then I'm guessing we see at least a $50 cut by the holidays.

It's already technically cheaper as they're now bundling Titanfall at no additional cost.

I OU a Beatn
02-25-2014, 12:37 PM
Anyone else picking up Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare today? It's getting good reviews, just have to go into Best Buy later to pick mine up.

AustinWolv
02-25-2014, 02:26 PM
About time. This March update is going to be enormous.

Very much so. Fun stuff.

SCClassof93
02-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Bastards! So what happen to the cheaper console then later this summer?

http://media1.giphy.com/media/rJ0w60oeJ3Im4/giphy.gif

CLW
02-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Microsoft 'Concerned' Over Kinect Spying ClaimsNew report from The Guardian suggests spies considered tapping Kinect.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/28/microsoft-concerned-over-kinect-spying-claims

And by "concerned" MS means "concerned" it got out that Big Brother can use Kinect to know even more about you than it already does. Of course any moron with a brain knew this would happen the second MS announced Kinect was required.

I OU a Beatn
02-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Were you also concerned when PSN got hacked a few years ago, was down for over a month, and God only knows how many of their customers had credit card information compromised (all the while keeping it hush hush that credit card information was potentially compromised for over a WEEK after it initially happened)?

You seem awfully quick to point out shit like this that Microsoft does, but are equally as quick to forget the shit that Sony does (which is often worse).

No offense, but none of these companies care about their consumers. Their bottom line is to make money.

SmoothPancakes
02-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Were you also concerned when PSN got hacked a few years ago, was down for over a month, and God only knows how many of their customers had credit card information compromised (all the while keeping it hush hush that credit card information was potentially compromised for over a WEEK after it initially happened)?

You seem awfully quick to point out shit like this that Microsoft does, but are equally as quick to forget the shit that Sony does (which is often worse).

No offense, but none of these companies care about their consumers. Their bottom line is to make money.

Fanboys and trolls are always quick to forgive or forget what happens to their preferred company or product, while highlighting everything regarding their competitors. CLW has out-trolled some of the worst trolls I've ever come across in the internet.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to just straight up block his trolling ass like on Facebook or other sites. We can "ignore" him, but it doesn't do shit but essentially spoiler all of his posts. The shit is still there, the stench is just masked with some air freshener.

I OU a Beatn
02-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Fanboys and trolls are always quick to forgive or forget what happens to their preferred company or product, while highlighting everything regarding their competitors. CLW has out-trolled some of the worst trolls I've ever come across in the internet.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to just straight up block his trolling ass like on Facebook or other sites. We can "ignore" him, but it doesn't do shit but essentially spoiler all of his posts. The shit is still there, the stench is just masked with some air freshener.

I blame the lack of games on his preferred system, personally. GUARANTEED he's quiet after Second Son comes out.

In all seriousness, though, I simply can not comprehend how he can sit there and bitch at Microsoft for what he posted. Why isn't he bitching about all the webcam manufacturers? All the laptop manufacturers that include webcams? Cell phones have web cam like capabilities, bitch about them, too!

Meanwhile, Sony pulls one of the most infamous tech stunts of that particular decade and he's fine with it.

Seriously...I can't even...:D

I don't even think of consoles the way he thinks. I think "oh, that's a cool looking game, I think I'll buy it." I don't care what system it's on. I'm buying Titanfall on the 11th and then I'm going to turn around and buy Second Son on the 21st. It doesn't even cross my mind what platform it's on.

In his head, though, "oh, Uncharted is coming out this year, that'll show those Xbots!" I don't get that mentality at all.

SmoothPancakes
02-28-2014, 10:42 PM
I blame the lack of games on his preferred system, personally. GUARANTEED he's quiet after Second Son comes out.

In all seriousness, though, I simply can not comprehend how he can sit there and bitch at Microsoft for what he posted. Why isn't he bitching about all the webcam manufacturers? All the laptop manufacturers that include webcams? Cell phones have web cam like capabilities, bitch about them, too!

Meanwhile, Sony pulls one of the most infamous tech stunts of that particular decade and he's fine with it.

Seriously...I can't even...:D

I don't even think of consoles the way he thinks. I think "oh, that's a cool looking game, I think I'll buy it." I don't care what system it's on. I'm buying Titanfall on the 11th and then I'm going to turn around and buy Second Son on the 21st. It doesn't even cross my mind what platform it's on.

In his head, though, "oh, Uncharted is coming out this year, that'll show those Xbots!" I don't get that mentality at all.

Mentality of a fanboy/troll for you. :nod:

I'm the same, I care more about the games than what system I play them on. In my life, I've owned a Playstation, a PS2 (both fat and slim), Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I never got a PS3 because of the initial price and the amount of PS exclusive games I was interested in was never enough to warrant the price of the console. Either this winter or next spring I'm going to be looking at getting a PS4 since MLB: The Show has added year to year saves (something we never could get for NCAA, and still can't get for Madden, FIFA, NHL, NBA 2K, etc), as well in a year or two, I'm holding out hope for some good exclusives that'll interest me on PS4, as well as hope for just overall better things from games on both consoles this generation.

Oh course, it could just be that he's acting like a fanboy/troll/douche on here simply just because he can. At home, he has no balls because his wife keeps his balls in her purse and wears the pants on decisions like buying things or where the gaming consoles can be hooked up to (not the main TV), so on here, he can actually post while possessing his own e-balls and thus posts the way he does, since he can actually pretend to be dominant for a change unlike at home.

That, or it's just because he's a lawyer. I've never seen, met or come across a lawyer yet who isn't in real life a complete jackass with a massively over-inflated ego. Probably the reason why he feels the need to constantly refer to the fact he's a lawyer at least a couple times a week, even though we all knew that fact years ago, classic e-masturbation of his ego, and of his e-balls since he can actually possess them unlike his real balls. :)

steelerfan
02-28-2014, 10:44 PM