PDA

View Full Version : What Are Your Next Gen Plans?

cdj
10-24-2013, 08:57 PM
As we approach the release of the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One, we want to learn which console(s) you plan on purchasing. Will you buy it at launch, wait for a price drop or are you holding out for a particular game in 2014? In addition, let us know which next-gen games you plan on buying or have caught your attention.

This information will help us focus site attention on the console(s) and games community members are looking forward to most. Please vote in the corresponding poll (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?7682-Article-What-Are-Your-Next-Gen-Plans) within the forums.

Also, making next-gen purchases through our Amazon Affiliates program will help support TGT server costs & giveaways. Follow this link for more information (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2007-Buy-next-gen-consoles-games-or-anything-from-Amazon-to-support-The-Gaming-Tailgate).

We look forward to your responses!

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?753-What-Are-Your-Next-Gen-Plans

bdoughty
10-24-2013, 09:06 PM
I am going to get a PS4, because I am anticipating the next batch of Naughty Dog games, MLB the Show and hopefully a next gen Hot Shots game. Absolutely nothing so far has even come close to making me want a next gen console. I will hold off until one of these games hits the PS4 or something along the same lines pops up. Until them I will play my PS3.

WolverineJay
10-24-2013, 09:14 PM
I have no plans at this time to purchase a next gen system. I will probably re-evaluate that in a couple years once the price comes down and the number of available games get to a decent number. I have always owned a Sony Playstation system and I don't see that changing come next gen.

JBHuskers
10-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Both eventually. It may be a year though before I get the XB1.

JeffHCross
10-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Like Jay, I will be getting a PS4 because I have always had a Sony system. But with the death of the NCAA series, I have no plans to upgrade soon. I still have a significant backlog.

psuexv
10-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Kinda the same as Jeff but unsure on the console. NCAA will keep me on PS3, had planned on upgrading next year but if there isn't a NCAA 15 on next gen I probably won't.

xMrHitStickx904
10-25-2013, 01:49 AM
Definitely going next gen, probably Xbox One. I have a preorder for the PS4 as well though.

steelerfan
10-25-2013, 03:10 AM
PS4, no doubt.

When? Who knows? Within a year for sure, likely 6 months or less.

I'm most looking forward to next gen FIFA and NHL.

souljahbill
10-25-2013, 03:17 AM
PS4

With no NCAA title, I can wait for a price drop or Mass Effect 4. I hardly have time to game as is anyway.

oweb26
10-25-2013, 05:43 AM
My wife is currently driving my PS4 and XB1 as of Monday, so maybe in a year I will pick up the XB1 since all I play on consoles now are my shooters anyway.

CLW
10-25-2013, 06:59 AM
XB1 4 LYFE! I cannot wait to get on and play COD and Madden with my Bros. :nod:

JR714ECK66
10-25-2013, 07:31 AM
I will not buy the next gen console either, since ncaa will be no longer, I will stick to 360, until probably madden 15 comes out exclusivly for the ps4

oweb26
10-25-2013, 08:48 AM
XB1 4 LYFE! I cannot wait to get on and play COD and Madden with my Bros.

Man you are relentless! :bang:

GatorfanStovy
10-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Will be getting Xbox one with in the year before spring time. Then ps4 down the road maybe 2 years or less.

CLW
10-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Man you are relentless! :bang:

Why so serious? Many of you guys need to get a sense of humor.

In any event now what I'm really looking forward to:

I'm getting PS4 Day 1. There isn't going to be a price drop on the PS4 for a LONG time b/c they have ZERO reason to do so being $100 cheaper than their #1 competitor already.

Games I am interested in and/or looking forward to:

ANYTHING by Naughty Dog
The Order
Watch Dogs
Knack
AC IV
The Evil Within
Dying Light
FIFA
NBA 2K
inFamous
Madden

NatureBoy
10-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Both eventually. It may be a year though before I get the XB1.

Same here.

I OU a Beatn
10-25-2013, 10:41 AM
PS4 day one. Xbox One when Titanfall releases, maybe. I might just get it on PC.

Dying Light is first person, just so you know. I know you get motion sickness in first person shooter games, don't know if that'll be any different. It does look good, though.

oweb26
10-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Why so serious? Many of you guys need to get a sense of humor.

In any event now what I'm really looking forward to:

I'm getting PS4 Day 1. There isn't going to be a price drop on the PS4 for a LONG time b/c they have ZERO reason to do so being $100 cheaper than their #1 competitor already.

Games I am interested in and/or looking forward to:

ANYTHING by Naughty Dog
The Order
Watch Dogs
Knack
AC IV
The Evil Within
Dying Light
FIFA
NBA 2K
inFamous
Madden

I am far from serious was just saying you are relentless......Infamous and killzone have thinking seriously about getting a PS4 first.

CLW
10-25-2013, 10:54 AM
PS4 day one. Xbox One when Titanfall releases, maybe. I might just get it on PC.

Dying Light is first person, just so you know. I know you get motion sickness in first person shooter games, don't know if that'll be any different. It does look good, though.

Shoot didn't know that saw a preview vid for it and it looked great. I've googled the thing and apparently its somewhat common but no real "treatment" options other than to keep the lights on, sit further back and just suck it up. I've tried just about all those things and its just not worth sucking up next to a puke bucket after 10-20 minutes of play.

JBHuskers
10-25-2013, 12:06 PM
NBA Live, Battlefield 4, FIFA, and Killzone are my definite launch titles. Maybe Madden.

Rudy
10-25-2013, 12:48 PM
PS4 but not until next year and maybe not until 2015. Depends on quality of games and possibly a price drop. Definitely not this year.

skipwondah33
10-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Would like to get both, then again I don't know. Always wanted both (PS3 and 360) but that was win I had all kinds of time.

Definitely don't have the time to enjoy both now.

PS4 not sure if I'm getting it at release or not though

Escobar
10-25-2013, 01:58 PM
NBA Live, Battlefield 4, FIFA, and Killzone are my definite launch titles. Maybe Madden.

Potentially replace NBA Live with 2K, and Battlefield 4 with COD and that's my list. No Madden for me.

JBHuskers
10-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Potentially replace NBA Live with 2K, and Battlefield 4 with COD and that's my list. No Madden for me.

Think I might ask for CoD for Xmas.

jaymo76
10-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Still have a ps4 release day order... but still have not decided if I will cancel or not. No NCAA is really making me consider whether I "need" an upgrade right now.

Kingpin32
10-25-2013, 10:01 PM
I'll be getting PS4, as I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here. I've always had a Sony system, so I'll stick with them. I'm hopefully getting FIFA, NBA 2K and BF4 and another controller.

SmoothPancakes
10-26-2013, 03:29 AM
Got the Xbox One on pre-order for release day. There will be enough games out in November and December to justify getting it on release. I'd rather just make the jump now instead of keep purchasing for the 360 and be stuck having to jump back and forth between the 360 and Xbox One down the road to play a bunch of games. I'll already be stuck doing that for NCAA '14 and GTA V, and I'd rather limit it to just those two games and bump the rest up to Xbox One instead of having a half-half split between the two systems.

Stan HAMsen
10-28-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm pre-ordered for PS4. I'll get XB1 too, just not sure when. Probably early next year.

I haven't looked at all the launch titles, but with Watch Dogs and Drive Club getting pushed back, I don't think there are any launch titles that I'm excited about. My PS4 bundle comes with Battlefield 4.

NatureBoy
10-28-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm looking at NBA 2K14 and Madden as my first two games for my PS4.

cdj
10-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Getting a PS4 here, but unsure on what launch titles I'll pick up. Initially planned on Watch_Dogs & full DriveClub unlock, but both have been delayed to 2014. :dunno:

xMrHitStickx904
10-28-2013, 08:59 PM
I think FIFA, COD and Madden will be my launch titles on the Xbox 1. I can wait on Madden for a bit, but FIFA should be awesome. Still bummed about NCAA though, really would have liked it on the Xbox 1.

Escobar
10-28-2013, 09:35 PM
I actually might cancel my preorder now. The only games it looks like I will get are 2K and FIFA. I can wait a couple weeks to play those.

KCClassic7807
10-28-2013, 09:55 PM
PS4 But it will be a while before I pick it up.. I really am not interested in anything I see yet. 2K looks nice. Maybe a year or year in a half.... I will see something.

Kingpin32
10-29-2013, 01:21 PM
The more I watch videos and read info about these games the more I want to change everything. I switched to NBA 2K 14, and I really really want to get Killzone Shadowfall and maybe this NFS game too.

JBHuskers
10-29-2013, 03:38 PM
16 days :hump:

Stan HAMsen
10-29-2013, 04:12 PM
With Watch Dogs and Drive Club getting pushed back, my PS4 might just sit there for a minute. I'm trying to stay open minded about Battlefield 4, but I'm not a big fan of FPS. I'm only getting it because that was the bundle that was available when I decided to pre-order for launch.

I think that last FPS that I really enjoyed was Doom on Sega 32x, haha.

Similarly, I'm considering FIFA as a launch title. I'm pretty sure the last FIFA title I had was on PS1, haha. I'm still playing NCAA though, so another sports title isn't super appealing.

Somebody posted a full list of launch titles - PSN titles included - in the PS4 thread. After looking at that, my most likely launch purchase is some kind of pinball game. :D :fp: :smh:

JBHuskers
10-29-2013, 04:21 PM
With Watch Dogs and Drive Club getting pushed back, my PS4 might just sit there for a minute. I'm trying to stay open minded about Battlefield 4, but I'm not a big fan of FPS. I'm only getting it because that was the bundle that was available when I decided to pre-order for launch.

I think that last FPS that I really enjoyed was Doom on Sega 32x, haha.

Similarly, I'm considering FIFA as a launch title. I'm pretty sure the last FIFA title I had was on PS1, haha. I'm still playing NCAA though, so another sports title isn't super appealing.

Somebody posted a full list of launch titles - PSN titles included - in the PS4 thread. After looking at that, my most likely launch purchase is some kind of pinball game. :D :fp: :smh:

I love Pinball Arcade. All replicas of real tables.

GatorfanStovy
10-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Guys I'm torn again on which actually system to get the first year. I'm for sure getting both. But honestly I"m leaning towards the ps4 again. Maybe I'm just too locked in on Sony lol. Just wanna make the right decision because I won't be able to get the second system for a while.

Orbmik
11-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Until College football comes back, and the nfl drops that exclusive licence crap, i'm staying put with my ps3. The video game world has gone too political for me.

SCClassof93
11-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Until College football comes back, and the nfl drops that exclusive licence crap, i'm staying put with my ps3. The video game world has gone too political for me.

http://replygif.net/i/989.gif

JBHuskers
11-01-2013, 01:05 PM
TWO WEEKS!

GatorfanStovy
11-01-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm still un decided on what system to get ugh. Friends play on xbox so they will likely upgrade to One. However, I enjoy PS a lot more. Ugh this a tough choice this winter for when I eventually do decide upgrade.

SmoothPancakes
11-01-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm sticking with friends. All of my best friends are on Xbox, a lot of friends from college are on Xbox, I'm sticking with the people I know and enjoy playing with, instead of jumping to a new system and having nothing but TGT people and random douchebags to play with.

bdoughty
11-01-2013, 05:19 PM
My friends suck, I am sticking with the system that has the games I want to play the most.

SmoothPancakes
11-01-2013, 06:17 PM
My friends suck, I am sticking with the system that has the games I want to play the most.

That's where I'm also in luck. Other than MLB The Show and maybe one or two other Sony titles, I'm good. Pretty much all of the exclusives that I like to play or am looking forward to playing are on Xbox (Halo, Forza, Gears of War, Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Ryse: Son of Rome. No way in hell am I leaving those games behind, especially Halo, which Halo: Combat Evolved was the entire reason I ever bought an original Xbox way back when, back when I already had a PS2.

SCClassof93
11-01-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm sticking with friends. All of my best friends are on Xbox, a lot of friends from college are on Xbox, I'm sticking with the people I know and enjoy playing with, instead of jumping to a new system and having nothing but TGT people and random douchebags to play with.

Well, I guess I know where I rank!!! Somewhere between TGT people and random douchebag.........:))

CLW
11-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Well, I guess I know where I rank!!! Somewhere between TGT people and random douchebag.........:))

There is a category below "random douchebag" for Smooth = CLW. :nod:

SmoothPancakes
11-01-2013, 07:01 PM

Yeah, I'd have to sit down and work out some arithmetic to figure out exactly where you rank. ;)

There is a category below "random douchebag" for Smooth = CLW. :nod:

:nod: :D

SCClassof93
11-01-2013, 07:32 PM
:D

JBHuskers
11-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I'd have to sit down and work out some arithmetic to figure out exactly where you rank. ;)

Don't hurt yourself doing that. Doubt AFLAC covers head trauma figuring out that equation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

SCClassof93
11-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Don't hurt yourself doing that. Doubt AFLAC covers head trauma figuring out that equation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

http://www.damnfunny.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/616df.gif

JBHuskers
11-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Friday the 15th off of work. No DJ'ing on the 16th. Possibly taking off Monday the 18th too.

Stan HAMsen
11-05-2013, 10:48 PM
It's pretty likely that I'll play more PS3 than PS4 that weekend. :D

JBHuskers
11-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Single digits now! 9 days! :hump:

CLW
11-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Single digits now! 9 days! :hump:

Yep I'll never finish my backlog of PS3 games but I shipped all 4 of my PS3 GameFlys back and just waiting to move on to PS4 at this point. I'm considering whether I want the PS Eye or not and also whether I can hold out long enough and just wait and get the blue and red controllers when they launch.

JBHuskers
11-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Yep I'll never finish my backlog of PS3 games but I shipped all 4 of my PS3 GameFlys back and just waiting to move on to PS4 at this point. I'm considering whether I want the PS Eye or not and also whether I can hold out long enough and just wait and get the blue and red controllers when they launch.

I have an infinite backlog, but I'll still fire up the PS3 quite often.

CLW
11-06-2013, 01:56 PM
I have an infinite backlog, but I'll still fire up the PS3 quite often.

I think my PS3 is going to the big t.v. in the living room to serve as a blue ray player and movie streamer. The wife will not permit the living room to turn into a video game mecca so the PS4 will be rockin' on the 27" monitor. I need a 2nd big screen t.v. :nod:

volsfan
11-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Pretty happy with my Xbox 360 and don't have any plans changing to a new something for a long time.

I OU a Beatn
11-08-2013, 10:53 AM
ONE WEEK!

JBHuskers
11-08-2013, 11:00 AM
ONE WEEK!

:hump: :hump: :hump: :hump: :hump:

SmoothPancakes
11-08-2013, 11:01 AM
ONE WEEK!

Two weeks for me. :)

And that actually works for me. Next Friday, I'm stuck at work from 6am to 5pm. On the 22nd, I only have to be at work from 6am to 9am, then have the rest of the day off. With something as expensive and as "big" as a PS4 or Xbox One, there is no way in fucking hell that I am allowing that package to just sit at my front door or back porch door all day from whenever UPS drops it off to the time I get home after 5pm. So it works out for me. I'll be home the entire afternoon of the 22nd, allowing me to meet the UPS guy at the front door and get my Xbox One instantly inside the house and away from the waste of life thieves and degenerates that populate the rest of this town.

JBHuskers
11-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Two weeks for me. :)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReti4rwQqMOY54_BvCu8fUDZYhd1Uu8 u5eHjmdKqf3XaLKWsfwZxjpA04u

SmoothPancakes
11-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Meh, oh well. Like I said, I'm busy from 6am to 5pm next Friday. So even if I was getting a PS4, I wouldn't be able to really do anything with it. It would be close to 6pm by the time I got home, I'd have been away since at least 5am, so I would be tired as all hell. I doubt I'll still be awake much past 7pm next Friday night. And since I have to be up at 2am for work on Saturday morning, I wouldn't be awake anyways much longer than 10pm or so. So at the absolute most, I'd be home and awake long enough to get my PS4 out of the box, maybe get it hooked up and start it up for a few minutes. That'd be about it until sometime either Saturday afternoon or evening.

Instead, I get to keep focusing 100% on my current season at Utah State in NCAA '14, whenever I have the free time to fit a game in, and don't have to worry about trying to figure out where the hell I'm gonna find the space for my Xbox One in my entertainment center for two more weeks. And thus, I can continue to procrastinate in finding that unknown space in my entertainment center for two more weeks, since it's gonna be a bitch trying to rearrange multiple electronics equipment, dozens of wires and hundreds of DVD, Blu-ray and Xbox 360 game cases. Something I really don't feel like bothering with right now.

CLW
11-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Interesting that our results nearly mirror those over at OS.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/front-page-polls/679030-os-poll-your-final-next-gen-buying-decision-3.html

I OU a Beatn
11-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Not really. The simple fact Sony has the only baseball you can get pretty well guarantees a site like OS is going to favor the PS4.