PDA

View Full Version : Week 10, 2010

Oneback
08-09-2010, 12:14 AM
=============== #9 Oklahoma Sooners (7-1) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 40-20 against UCLA (2-6).
This week, the Sooners travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (6-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C Adrian Wade has committed to LSU
- (****) DT Jon Drew has committed to Texas A&M
- (***) TE Kyle Wallace has committed to Oklahoma
- (***) FB Michael Fernandez has committed to Iowa
- (****) HB Ben Malone has committed to Utah
- (****) LG Lee Harrington has committed to Penn State
- (****) WR Brett Muse has committed to Oklahoma
- (*****) C Bill Sykes has committed to Michigan

=============== #24 Clemson Tigers (7-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 24-6 against Boston College (4-4).
This week, the Tigers will host NC State (2-6).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) HB Shelton Scott has committed to Wake Forest
- (**) CB B.J. Terry has committed to Clemson
- (***) HB Ken Henderson has committed to UCF
- (****) LT Shaun Roberson has committed to UCF

=============== #5 Florida State Seminoles (8-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 42-10 against NC State (2-6).
This week, the Seminoles will host North Carolina (3-5).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Kyle Larsen has committed to Florida State
- (****) LE Jonathan Tatum has committed to Florida State

=============== #17 Miami Hurricanes (6-2) ===============
Last week, Miami won 27-17 against Virginia (3-5).
This week, the Hurricanes will host Maryland (4-4).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) FB Chad Dawson has committed to Navy
- (***) WR Jamaal Cox has committed to Miami
- (****) ROLB Chris Ford has committed to Miami

=============== #4 Michigan Wolverines (8-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 42-7 against Penn State (7-1).
This week, the Wolverines will host Illinois (4-4).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) ROLB Patrick Weber has committed to Michigan
- (****) CB Michael Carter has committed to Texas
- (****) DT Adam Frank has committed to Tennessee

=============== #25 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 42-7 against Minnesota (3-6).
This week, the Buckeyes are idle.

=============== #10 Penn State Nittany Lions (7-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State lost 42-7 against Michigan (8-0).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (5-3).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C Adrian Wade has committed to LSU

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (6-2) ===============
Last week, Texas Tech lost 49-35 against Texas (8-0).
This week, the Red Raiders will host #9 Oklahoma (7-1).
In recruiting news, the following Texas Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Taylor Baker has committed to Texas Tech
- (****) LOLB Bob Lee has committed to Utah

=============== #11 USC Trojans (6-1) ===============
Last week, USC won 42-14 against Oregon (5-3).
This week, the Trojans will host Oklahoma State (3-5).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #3 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-0) ===============
Last week the Hokies were idle.
This week, the Hokies will host #21 Georgia Tech (6-2).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LOLB Nathan Shaw has committed to West Virginia

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (8-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 49-35 against Texas Tech (6-2).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Eugene to face the #23 Oregon Ducks (5-3).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RT Ryan Johnson has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) CB Michael Carter has committed to Texas

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (7-0) ===============
Last week the Badgers were idle.
This week, the Badgers travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (4-4).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RT Ryan Johnson has committed to Wisconsin

fsuprime
08-09-2010, 10:14 AM
FSU beats UNC easily, Greg Reid had a big game...Kickoff return for a TD and 2 picks (1 for a TD).

gschwendt
08-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Wisconsin needed a last second field goal to defeat Purdue 23-21. The Badgers came into the game considering it a practice game to work on their passing attack and didn't have the focus they needed early on. The defense picked up the slack though forcing three fumbles all recovered by the Badgers. HB John Clay had his usual day carrying the ball 22 times for 135 yards and a touchdown. In regards to their passing game, QB Scott Tolzien did go 17/35 on the day for 255 yards with one touchdown and one interception. WR David Gilreath caught 8 passes for 123 yards while WR Nick Toon caught 3 for 66 yards and a score. The Badgers remained perfect on the season moving to 8-0 (5-0) and next week host Indiana.

Kingpin32
08-09-2010, 12:12 PM
ID when are you available to play? A friend of mine just came back in from out of town so my schedule may be a bit unorganized, but I'll be going back to Dallas Wednesday so if we can't get in either today or tomorrow I'll be free Wednesday night to play.

texacotea
08-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Done......jumped on em early and eased up only for them to get within 14. But Da U pulled it out

Iron Dragon
08-09-2010, 06:08 PM
ID when are you available to play? A friend of mine just came back in from out of town so my schedule may be a bit unorganized, but I'll be going back to Dallas Wednesday so if we can't get in either today or tomorrow I'll be free Wednesday night to play.

I can play any night really, but maybe not tonight.

skipwondah33
08-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Georgia Tech's Roddy Jones is my hero as well as GT's offensive coordinator. They were pinned on the 2-yd line and had the balls to run a play action on 3rd and 12 (they ran one on 3rd and 16 and 3rd and 15 during the game). Anyway Nesbit makes a perfect pass off his back foot, then Roddy Jones proceeds to break 5 consecutive tackles! on his was to a 98-yd touchdown........but they would still lose 38-10

fsuprime
08-09-2010, 08:37 PM
yea roddy is badass, he has 700 receiving yards, 800 rushing yards, and 2 special teams TDs in another OD im in.

skipwondah33
08-09-2010, 08:53 PM
yea roddy is badass, he has 700 receiving yards, 800 rushing yards, and 2 special teams TDs in another OD im in.

It was ridiculous man, he did the one where he shrug him off then broke off 4 back to back to back to back lol. We had Nesbit sacked but of course the CPU QB threw the ball on point

Oneback
08-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Looking ahead to Wisconsin, Michigan squeaks by Illinois 20-16.

psuexv
08-09-2010, 10:52 PM
USC dominates Ok St. 39-14. Ok St. jumped out 10-0 and then we rattled off 30 unanswered. Pretty much same stats as last time. Barkely a little over 200, no ints this time and Gable and Bradford combine for close to 300.

Kyle Prater did make one of the most amazing catches of all time. Uploading it to the site.

Big game next week against Oklahoma.

psuexv
08-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Negative on Prater's catch. The highlight only saved right after the catch and the 51 yard scamper.

Oneback
08-09-2010, 11:08 PM
I think just the Texas Tech v Oklahoma game remains for this week.

Escobar
08-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Fsuprime my number is 713-501-9259. Text me to set up our game for next week.

fsuprime
08-09-2010, 11:15 PM
any time tomorrow after 9est is good for me. also any time before 3pm est is good for me as well

Kingpin32
08-10-2010, 01:27 PM
I can play any night really, but maybe not tonight.

Ok it's looking like I won't be able to play until Wednesday night at the earliest. I leave around 5, so I should be back home at around 11pm if I don't speed. Or we could play anytime Thursday.

Papa LoneStar
08-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Negative on Prater's catch. The highlight only saved right after the catch and the 51 yard scamper.

Yea....I can't stand that ish....Aaron Williams has had two pick sixes (85 & 90 yard returns) that I really wanted to upload....including one with a 1-hand grab that I couldn't since they only showed him running.

JeffHCross
08-10-2010, 06:19 PM
I can't figure out why that has gotten so much worse this year. Long runs are never the full highlight anymore.

Escobar
08-10-2010, 07:47 PM
I think it has something to do with the Broadcast Cameras being added. Sometimes if I look at the Instant Replay it's just the cutoff part, but if I create a highlight with the wire cam or other one the instant replay is extended some. Sometimes to the beginning of the play.

JeffHCross
08-10-2010, 08:10 PM
The key to that is "sometimes" though. I understand why, if I check a broadcast camera angle, that it might be shorter. That makes sense. But when I try to use Wire or go into the original Replay (square), and it's not from the beginning ... that's what doesn't make sense.

I suppose that it could be lose room in memory because of the broadcast cameras ... but that's a pretty big hit to take. I'd be surprised if the broadcast cams needed that kind of space.

Oneback
08-10-2010, 08:14 PM
I am guessing they cut down the length of replays due to the Dynasty Wire and the fact the highlights we save stay indefinitely.

gschwendt
08-10-2010, 08:50 PM
I am guessing they cut down the length of replays due to the Dynasty Wire and the fact the highlights we save stay indefinitely.
I don't think so because some of the ones cut are cut down to like 8 seconds whereas some of the ones that are uncut are as much as 23 seconds. My bet is that it is to save on memory in order to achieve the new lighting and ball rotation in flight. Although apparently there was a similar issue last year in Madden and they were able to patch it... here's hoping that the upcoming patch addresses it.

psusnoop
08-11-2010, 06:42 AM
I don't think so because some of the ones cut are cut down to like 8 seconds whereas some of the ones that are uncut are as much as 23 seconds. My bet is that it is to save on memory in order to achieve the new lighting and ball rotation in flight. Although apparently there was a similar issue last year in Madden and they were able to patch it... here's hoping that the upcoming patch addresses it.

Nice, didn't know that about Madden. I would be really pumped if this got addressed. I had an awesome catch last night in SBCOL that I couldn't upload. Heck after 5 games and getting my first win I wanted to show the world. Anyways glad that there is a possibility of it being patched in the future, now back to the grind preparing this team to rebound...........

fsuprime
08-11-2010, 02:38 PM
are they playing tonight?

Kingpin32
08-11-2010, 02:43 PM
are they playing tonight?

It'll either be tonight or tomorrow whenever ID is free. Once I get off of work, I'll be driving back to Dallas.

Iron Dragon
08-11-2010, 06:56 PM
It'll either be tonight or tomorrow whenever ID is free. Once I get off of work, I'll be driving back to Dallas.

It depends on how tired I am tonight, otherwise Tomorrow afternoon would be great.

fsuprime
08-11-2010, 07:04 PM
have a fresca and play :)

Kingpin32
08-12-2010, 12:26 AM
It depends on how tired I am tonight, otherwise Tomorrow afternoon would be great.

Just made it back home, and tomorrow afternoon will work, because I'm pretty tired from the drive.

Iron Dragon
08-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Well, I was up from 6 yesterday and today I don't have to work so I'll be ready to go. I should be here all day as it's miserable outside.

I fell asleep before midnight anyways. My work schedule is so random due this Ohio weather (supposed to feel like mid-100s up to 110 starting around 1 and the rest of the day), so I've got today off.

Kingpin32
08-12-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm online right now ID.

Iron Dragon
08-12-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm on now, so whenever.

Iron Dragon
08-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Oklahoma's 7 turnovers doom in 42-25 loss to Texas Tech.

Actually had a chance to come back with my backups in to sway off injuries from the main guys although Landry Jones sucked pretty bad. We had four late possessions: one ended on fourth down, two turnovers, and a TD, all the turnovers (either on downs or turnovers) were all in TT territory. We had some luck with recovering a muffed punt and an onside kick, too.

We had chances, but couldn't get it done.

Kingpin32
08-12-2010, 05:33 PM
I was heated at the muff punt, my just couldn't pick up the ball. I was caught off guard with onside because my started talking to me and threw my train of thought off. I think I did a good job shutting down Miller too. I achieved what I wanted to do in terms of splitting my last 2 user games.