PDA

View Full Version : Slider Suggestions

CLW
09-29-2013, 04:10 PM
I figured with the "death" of the series it's time to get serious about finding the best set of sliders possible as I'll probably be playing this game from time to time for a few years now.

Right now I'm using the following set:

Heisman
8 Minute Quarters
Normal Speed 23 Threshold
HFA - On

Penalties - All 50 except:
Face Mask - 53
Clipping - 55
Grounding - 75
Roughing Passer - 54

QBA - 5/5
PB - 45/40
WR - 30/40
RBA - 60/80
RBL - 40/50
Pass D - 55/55
INT - 35/45
Rush D - 35/50
Tkl - 50/50
FGP - 45/40
FGA - 5/35
PPwr - 20/45
PAcc - 50/50
KO - 50/45

These sliders are o.k. but still too offense friendly as really the only stops are due to WR dropps and/or INTs/fumbles.

What sets do you guys recommend?

Rudy
09-29-2013, 07:33 PM
I actually went back and tried a demo game with all this NCAA news and had some fun. I actually had more of a defensive battle with Oregon (I was lousy with my passing) against A&M. The Aggies weren't scoring because Manziel was constantly scrambling and constantly fumbling.

I simply used Heisman offense and AA defense. Just curious as to how many guys are using the split difficulty option this year? It seems most slider sets still use one difficulty setting for both but I think it's a really good option.

jaymo76
10-05-2013, 10:46 PM
I actually went back and tried a demo game with all this NCAA news and had some fun. I actually had more of a defensive battle with Oregon (I was lousy with my passing) against A&M. The Aggies weren't scoring because Manziel was constantly scrambling and constantly fumbling.

I simply used Heisman offense and AA defense. Just curious as to how many guys are using the split difficulty option this year? It seems most slider sets still use one difficulty setting for both but I think it's a really good option.

I have been using split sets and find it's a great option as I struggle with passing but need the defensive challenge of Heisman.

PS rudy, are you going to pick up NCAA now that it's over? Honestly I would recommend you buy it. Overall it plays a better game than Madden 25 imo.

Rudy
10-05-2013, 11:04 PM
I've been thinking of picking up NCAA 14 but if I did it would have to be at a really good price because I don't know how much I would play it. A great Black Friday deal would let me pull the trigger. It's $40 on Amazon.com which is a good deal but I'm not willing to spend that much at this time. I'll play a little more of the demo tomorrow. The ability to run the read option is what makes it fun.

Right now I'm playing Red Dead Redemption and not feeling the urge to play Madden.

jaymo76
10-06-2013, 11:41 AM
I've been thinking of picking up NCAA 14 but if I did it would have to be at a really good price because I don't know how much I would play it. A great Black Friday deal would let me pull the trigger. It's $40 on Amazon.com which is a good deal but I'm not willing to spend that much at this time. I'll play a little more of the demo tomorrow. The ability to run the read option is what makes it fun.

Right now I'm playing Red Dead Redemption and not feeling the urge to play Madden.

I have noticed over the last 2-3 years that many Canadian retailers have begun to offer "black Friday" deals. You may get it for cheap then???

Rudy
10-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Possibly. I will keep me eye out for deals.

AustinWolv
11-18-2013, 10:50 AM
I figured with the "death" of the series it's time to get serious about finding the best set of sliders possible as I'll probably be playing this game from time to time for a few years now.

Right now I'm using the following set:

Heisman
8 Minute Quarters
Normal Speed 23 Threshold
HFA - On

Penalties - All 50 except:
Face Mask - 53
Clipping - 55
Grounding - 75
Roughing Passer - 54

QBA - 5/5
PB - 45/40
WR - 30/40
RBA - 60/80
RBL - 40/50
Pass D - 55/55
INT - 35/45
Rush D - 35/50
Tkl - 50/50
FGP - 45/40
FGA - 5/35
PPwr - 20/45
PAcc - 50/50
KO - 50/45

These sliders are o.k. but still too offense friendly as really the only stops are due to WR dropps and/or INTs/fumbles.

What sets do you guys recommend?

I had listed the sliders I was using in the other retail sliders thread. However, I put the game down for a while (actually didn't play any other games for a while either.....life), as I got sick of high-scoring games that I could rack up points and yards like crazy, but then there was little defense so if the CPU got on a roll throwing the ball, it was just back and forth. Just not enough variation from game to game showcasing talent and great defenses having an impact.

When I decided to start back up a couple days ago, I gave these (http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/653804-unleash-infinity-infinity-based-simulation-slider-set.html)a shot.
Turnovers are huge and the CPU will definitely snag INTs. Better know your routes, not cheat and force passes like the slides I was using before. Better read a D and get rid of the ball because the CPU DL will get home. If a guy is covered, don't bother going there. Learn to check down and just take what you can get at times. Running from under center takes work and patience, but you'll wear a D out which is awesome. Running from shotgun is easier, but that is just the game as-is.
Defensive line actually gets pressure. DBs stick with receivers. There are actually punts. There aren't ridiculous broken tackles and bigger ballcarriers actually do run over or at least get tackled going forward instead of being dropped like a sack of potatoes.......smaller ballcarriers get dropped easily.....
I'm only a few games in, but I'm really enjoying that set.

Copied here:

UNLEASH INFINITY 3.0 FINAL VERSION Updated 10/28 4:00 PM EST

Gameplay Options:
Offensive Skill: Heisman
Defensive Skill: All-American
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes (Will get you the most realistic number of plays)
Game Speed: Normal *Do not change*
Speed Threshold:30
Home Field Advantage:OFF
Ice the Kicker:ON (User Preference)

Penalties:

Gameplay Options:
Offensive Skill: Heisman
Defensive Skill: All-American
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes (Will get you the most realistic number of plays)
Game Speed: Normal *Do not change*
Speed Threshold:30
Home Field Advantage:OFF
Ice the Kicker:ON (User Preference)

Penalties:

Offsides: 99
False Start:50
Holding: 99
Facemask: 54
OPI:60
DPI:25
KR/PR PI: 60
Clipping: 50
Intentional Grounding:99
Roughing the passer: 50
Roughing the Kicker:1

Custom AI: User/CPU

QB Accuracy: 5/50 (HUM ACC to 10 if struggling)
Pass Blocking: 45/70
WR Catching: 30/45
RB Ability: 25/70
Run Blocking: 0/75
Pass Coverage: 50/55
Interceptions:45/40
Rush Defense: 35/100
Tackling: 40/45
FG Power: 25/45
FG Accuracy: 5/40
Punt Power: 25/40
Punt Accuracy: 50/70
Kickoff Power: 25/50

New Auto-Subs
OFFENSE
QB:65/70
RB:84/85
WR:69/70
TE:59/60
OL:19/20
DEFENSE
DT:79/80
DE:79/80
LB:64/65
CB:39/40
S:64/65

Marlowe
11-21-2013, 09:37 AM
I've been using those (Unleash Infinity) in my offline dynasty. Thought they were pretty good. :up:

ram29jackson
11-30-2013, 07:00 PM
if you have multiple offline dynasties...will each separate slider set save unto itself or does one universally affect the other ?

Rudy
12-01-2013, 04:23 AM
Dynasty files have their own slider settings and are saved independently of your Play Now sliders and other dynasties Ram.

I'm torn with Human QB Accuracy at 5 on Heisman. I've gotten used to it and I love the fact that a scrambling option QB will struggle throwing the ball here. At 10 I find almost any QB with accuracy above 80 can run a passing offense but at 5 those option QBs struggle. While I like that I also feel they struggle too much and it can be really frustrating to miss wide open players on easy throws by a mile. It really requires touch and timing because if you just gun the ball here and there the ball is all over hell's half acre. I think I'm going back to 10 but I wanted to hear other people's opinion. My scrambling QB is an impact player with 82 accuracy and he's just brutal throwing the ball too often.

I wish there were almost two sliders for QB accuracy - one for how well you hit your target and then another for how badly you miss (miss radius). I think the QBs are on point way too often at default. I'd love to make the targets more inaccurate but not have some passes miss by 10 yards. If only NCAA had 1 point slider adjustments maybe human QB accuracy at 6 or 7 would be perfect for me.

Escobar
12-01-2013, 03:49 PM
I like it at 5, because you have to know how to play with your players. I have no problem with my option QB's. All you have to do is warm them up at the beginning of the game with short throws, similar to a QB getting into a rhythm.

ram29jackson
12-02-2013, 01:35 PM
I like it at 5, because you have to know how to play with your players. I have no problem with my option QB's. All you have to do is warm them up at the beginning of the game with short throws, similar to a QB getting into a rhythm.

are you serious ? the game has that much logic in it as far as that goes ?

ram29jackson
12-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Dynasty files have their own slider settings and are saved independently of your Play Now sliders and other dynasties Ram.

I'm torn with Human QB Accuracy at 5 on Heisman. I've gotten used to it and I love the fact that a scrambling option QB will struggle throwing the ball here. At 10 I find almost any QB with accuracy above 80 can run a passing offense but at 5 those option QBs struggle. While I like that I also feel they struggle too much and it can be really frustrating to miss wide open players on easy throws by a mile. It really requires touch and timing because if you just gun the ball here and there the ball is all over hell's half acre. I think I'm going back to 10 but I wanted to hear other people's opinion. My scrambling QB is an impact player with 82 accuracy and he's just brutal throwing the ball too often.

I wish there were almost two sliders for QB accuracy - one for how well you hit your target and then another for how badly you miss (miss radius). I think the QBs are on point way too often at default. I'd love to make the targets more inaccurate but not have some passes miss by 10 yards. If only NCAA had 1 point slider adjustments maybe human QB accuracy at 6 or 7 would be perfect for me.

thanks

Mick
12-04-2013, 10:46 AM
If only NCAA had 1 point slider adjustments maybe human QB accuracy at 6 or 7 would be perfect for me.

you can if you edit your profile with the editor, only problem is without lots of testing does the game read anything over 5 as 10, if you see what I mean, have my QB acc at 21 all American.

Rudy
12-04-2013, 09:02 PM
What is this editor you are talking about Mick? Is that available on the PS3?

Mick
12-05-2013, 06:47 AM

UPDATE

ALRIGHT HERE IT IS (THX TO A MEMBER ON THE NBA FOURMS FOR DIRECTIONS 1-5)

1. Download the program called bruteforce save data which can be found here. Install the program.

http://www.ps3hax.net/2013/04/releas...save-data-3-8/

2. Save the roster or dynasty file that you want to edit on to a USB.

3. Open Bruteforce with your usb attached to your pc or laptop it will then ask for your profiled id of your console which then choose the file called Param.sfo. This file allows for the program to recognize your console unique ID. It will update this so now your should see next to profile a whole bunch of numbers and letters this is what you want to see.

4. Now select the path for savedata tab and select the location of where you put your save (it is easier just to leave the files your USB since your not moving files back and forth but it is up to you)

5. Now you should see your save appear under the name tab with all the other information of your file such as time created console id amongst other things. Now what you wanna do is click on the decrypt.pfd tab on the bottom toolbar. it will ask to decrypt all files and select yes now the bottom left corner should be green meaning that the file has been decrypted.

6. Now close out of Bruteforce, and go in to the folder/ the save (BLUS31159-ROSTER-**rostername**). Locate the file "USR-DATA" and right click>>rename. now add .MC02 to the end of that.

7. Now you might be asking "What program do i use to edit?" i am recommending using the dynasty editor to edit the roster file..i am still working on the generic editor, but it does work. just open up the usr-data.mc02 file in the editor and edit away.

DOWNLOAD HERE

8. Once ur done, save it, then go back to the folder/ the save (BLUS31159-ROSTER-**rostername**)..right click, rename the usr-data.mc02 file...just delete the .mc02 part.

9. Then open up bruteforce, and click refresh a few times. then u want to encrypt the files.

10. LOAD UP NCAA AND PLAY!!!

Mick
12-05-2013, 06:43 PM

short answer yes, I did reply with links to all the stuff you need, but it seems it has to approved, how long that takes I have no idea

marcotte14
01-05-2014, 07:02 AM
These are the Slider I use in my offline dynasty, and it is very challenging.
Heisman difficulty.

CPU/User

QBA - 50/10
PB - 65/10
WR Catching - 70/15
RB Ability - 90/20
Run Blocking - 90/5
Pass Coverage - 90/45
Int - 40/40
Rush Defense - 100/30
Tack - 90/45

If you dont read your blocks, you get stuffed. If you dont read the D and try to force stuff, it gets picked. Can be frustrating at times, but realistic. Thoughts?

Escobar
01-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Difficulty: Heisman

Quarter Length: 8-10 minutes.

Play Calling: Optional

Speed: Normal

Threshold: 0 (If you like 50 or 25 that's fine. Just try 0)

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU

QB Accuracy: 5 or 10/5
Pass Blocking: 40/40
WR Catching: 35/40
RB Ability: 55/75
Run Blocking: 0/50
Pass Coverage: 65/75
Interception: 35/40
Rush Defense: 45/65
Tackling: 50/50

Special Teams

FG Power: 45/40
FG Accuracy: 5/35
Punt Power: 20/45
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/45

Penalties

Offside: 50
False Start: 50
Holding: 50
Face Mask: 55
OPI: 50
DPI: 50
KR/PR Inter: 50
Clipping: 55
Int Grounding: 75
RTP: 54
RTK: 50

Bach Patu
01-08-2014, 04:29 AM
For awhile, I had EVERY penalty set to a 75 threshold. BIG MISTAKE !!! The end result was the official getting more attention than many of the players

Suffice to say, I'll never make that mistake again :) LOL

Cheers & Happy Gaming :)

BP

Bach Patu
01-08-2014, 04:34 AM
UPDATE

ALRIGHT HERE IT IS (THX TO A MEMBER ON THE NBA FOURMS FOR DIRECTIONS 1-5)What does this have to do with SLIDERS ??? #Stumped

Cheers & Happy Gaming :)

BP