PDA

View Full Version : No College Football Game From EA SPORTS in 2014, Future to be Assessed

JBHuskers
09-26-2013, 03:53 PM
http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/Others/EA_Sports_banner_723x250.jpg?cb=1380138842

http://www.ea.com/news/update-on-college-football

POSTED BY Cam Weber, GM of American Football, EA SPORTS ON Sep 26, 2013

Today I am sad to announce that we will not be publishing a new college football game next year, and we are evaluating our plan for the future of the franchise. This is as profoundly disappointing to the people who make this game as I expect it will be for the millions who enjoy playing it each year. I’d like to explain a couple of the factors that brought us to this decision.

We have been stuck in the middle of a dispute between the NCAA and student-athletes who seek compensation for playing college football. Just like companies that broadcast college games and those that provide equipment and apparel, we follow rules that are set by the NCAA – but those rules are being challenged by some student-athletes. For our part, we are working to settle the lawsuits with the student-athletes. Meanwhile, the NCAA and a number of conferences have withdrawn their support of our game. The ongoing legal issues combined with increased questions surrounding schools and conferences have left us in a difficult position – one that challenges our ability to deliver an authentic sports experience, which is the very foundation of EA SPORTS games.

At EA SPORTS, college football has always been a labor of love, and it is unfortunate that these business and legal issues have impacted our ability to make next year’s game. This franchise has been developed by a team that is deeply committed to the tradition and culture of this sport – that’s why fans have always loved it. We are working to retain the talented people who are part of the team by placing them elsewhere within the EA SPORTS organization.

In the meantime, we will continue to be connected and engaged with our fans who are playing EA SPORTS NCAA Football. Our decision does not affect our commitment to NCAA Football 14 and the consumers who love playing the game.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?750-No-College-Football-Game-From-EA-SPORTS-in-2014-Future-to-be-Assessed

Rudy
09-26-2013, 03:57 PM
RIP. sucks for you guys.

ram29jackson
09-26-2013, 03:59 PM
ok, this is a Madden site now

ram29jackson
09-26-2013, 04:01 PM
In the meantime, we will continue to be connected and engaged with our fans who are playing EA SPORTS NCAA Football. Our decision does not affect our commitment to NCAA Football 14 and the consumers who love playing the game.

bla BLA BLA, patch the defense then

dhook27
09-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Ncaa 13 and 14 for the next couple years.

JBHuskers
09-26-2013, 04:02 PM
No NCAA and almost certain no Tiger for next year. That'll be a bummer.

ram29jackson
09-26-2013, 04:03 PM
why should that stop them from still doing a fictional football game ? everything is there just get a art department to get creative with the teams and get teambuilder involved

ram29jackson
09-26-2013, 04:03 PM
No NCAA and almost certain no Tiger for next year. That'll be a bummer.

baseball games are fun but take too long sometimes LOL

ram29jackson
09-26-2013, 04:04 PM
someone put Gschwendt on suicide watch ASAP

HANDSWARD
09-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Sad day at Tiburon.

NCAA has become the one and only game I play year-round. Hopefully someone can make some rosters next year and we can start some fresh dynasties as if it was a new game.

I OU a Beatn
09-26-2013, 04:08 PM
why should that stop them from still doing a fictional football game ? everything is there just get a art department to get creative with the teams and get teambuilder involved

Wont sell. Sports games without an official license and real teams absolutely never do well.

Anyway, as I said in the other thread, really disappointing news. I've complained a lot about the game, but that's because it's my favorite series and I wanted to see it improved. I certainly never wanted to see it completely disappear, so it's quite heart breaking to see it completely abolished. I have thousands of hours and countless memories invested in the series. RIP. :(

Capt Orygun
09-26-2013, 04:08 PM
1) RIP :-(

2) It would take a lot of work, but couldn't we in theory just make a massive roster update for next year as a community?

JBHuskers
09-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Wont sell. Sports games without an official license and real teams absolutely never do well.

Anyway, as I said in the other thread, really disappointing news. I've complained a lot about the game, but that's because it's my favorite series and I wanted to see it improved. I certainly never wanted to see it completely disappear, so it's quite heart breaking to see it completely abolished. I have thousands of hours and countless memories invested in the series. RIP. :(

"we are evaluating our plan for the future of the franchise"

Not completely gone, just gone for now. Probably waiting for all this smoke to clear so all the conferences and even the NCAA get back on board.

Capt Orygun
09-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

steelerfan
09-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Hopefully when the lawsuits are settled the franchise gets going again.

Until then, invest your time in FIFA. You will not be disappointed.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

I OU a Beatn
09-26-2013, 04:15 PM
"we are evaluating our plan for the future of the franchise"

Not completely gone, just gone for now. Probably waiting for all this smoke to clear so all the conferences and even the NCAA get back on board.

Yeah, just a few weeks after "we're doing a college football next year, it'll just be under a different name." Now we're on the "no game this year" train even though they explicitly said there would be one. As long as this whole dispute about student athletes getting paid is going on, there isn't going to be a college football game. That quote is just to blow smoke at the very real possibility of there not being a college football game anymore period.

JBHuskers
09-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Hopefully when the lawsuits are settled the franchise gets going again.

Until then, invest your time in FIFA. You will not be disappointed.

Waiting til PS4 for it. Did you get 14 for PS3?

gschwendt
09-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Here is probably the reason for today's announcement...

steelerfan
09-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Waiting til PS4 for it. Did you get 14 for PS3?

No, but I am having withdrawals and may break soon. I am trying to wait for PS4 as well.

JBHuskers
09-26-2013, 04:19 PM
No, but I am having withdrawals and may break soon. I am trying to wait for PS4 as well.

I won't have problems waiting at this point. NHL, NCAA, and Madden will keep me plenty busy.

CLW
09-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Well I have been calling this for some time now never regretted being right this much in my life.

This series is DEAD now NYT even reporting EA trying to settle and stop the legal fight.

As such the ONLY hope for any type of college sports game in the future is if the NCAA and/or the colleges allow the players to be paid and then EA could pay the students for their "likeness" to be used.

[CENSORED] Ed O'Bannon and Sam Keller.

Stan HAMsen
09-26-2013, 04:20 PM
In before CLW says "hate to say I told you so."

steelerfan
09-26-2013, 04:21 PM
I won't have problems waiting at this point. NHL, NCAA, and Madden will keep me plenty busy.

Been keeping busy with NHL and GTA but still, it's FIFA.

I OU a Beatn

Nope. :D

CLW

Wrong. :nod: :smh:

Stan HAMsen

Damn, so close.

CLW
09-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Nope. :D

When will you guys STOP questioning the MIGHTY resident lawyer when an issue of law comes up? See e.g., Trayvon Martin and Sam Keller et al. etc.....

The resident lawyer rests his case.

CLW
09-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Damn, so close.

True statement. :nod:

I will say this and let others comment for awhile. EA may have stopped fighting the lawsuit, however I know they would jump in and pay a small license fee to the college players IF it were permitted. Why not its easier to sell a game with Johnny Douchebag at QB instead of #2.

As such, when/if the NCAA collapses and college athletes are allowed to be paid look for EA to jump in and pay for an exclusive license again.

I don't agree with that approach but it appears to be the only chance for a rebirth of the series and appears to be at least somewhat likely given the political/cultural climate the country now seems to be in.

I OU a Beatn
09-26-2013, 04:26 PM
When will you guys STOP questioning the MIGHTY resident lawyer when an issue of law comes up? See e.g., Trayvon Martin and Sam Keller et al. etc.....

The resident lawyer rests his case.

I never questioned you. I meant "nope" to him beating you to the punch. ;)

CLW
09-26-2013, 04:28 PM
I never questioned you. I meant "nope" to him beating you to the punch. ;)

I know it was more of a general comment to all at TGT who called me a "moron" etc.... for predicting the END of the series. Honestly, the only reason I still own 14 right now is b/c I suspected this was happening with the launch PR being horrible, no support post launch, etc... 14 will stay on my shelf like 2K8 remains on my shelf.

NatureBoy
09-26-2013, 04:29 PM
:( I hate to see the game go away. It's always been one of my favorites going back to the Bill Walsh days on the Sega Genesis. I hope the dev team can catch on with another game or something. I hate to see people lose their jobs.

steelerfan
09-26-2013, 04:32 PM
I hate to see people lose their jobs.

Since I didn't even get 14 and barely played 13, this is my ONLY immediate concern. I hope everyone lands on their feet without too much distress.

xMrHitStickx904
09-26-2013, 04:33 PM
I loved the NCAA Football series, I initially got into that before Madden. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed to see it go. Hopefully it returns when the smoke clears.

Deuce
09-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Man, this really, really sucks. 95% of the time I spend on video games is on NCAA. I sure hope I can learn to like Madden. :fdown:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

CLW
09-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Its also possible this is a "legal strategy" to drum up some moral support from the public while the 1st Amendment issue is still pending before SCOTUS. Probably a long shot but companies do play these type of games with lawsuits. It's 3D chess sometimes not checkers.

I doubt this is the case but you never know and there is also the potential 5-4 Conservative block victory that would save EA's bacon and they could pull a 180 and bring the game back in 15 as well. Again, doesn't seem likely since they have indicated they are basically trying to cut their losses and settle the lawsuit.

ram29jackson
09-26-2013, 04:36 PM
tell Gschwendts wife to hide the knives out of the kitchen

CLW
09-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Shhhh Don't tell Dr. CLW about this as she will try to use it as a reason to cancel my PS4 preorder and get me out of video games all together. :smh:

steelerfan
09-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Shhhh Don't tell Dr. CLW about this as she will try to use it as a reason to cancel my PS4 preorder and get me out of video games all together. :smh:

JBHuskers
09-26-2013, 04:47 PM
The class action lawsuit could include up to 100k players.

CLW
09-26-2013, 04:55 PM
The class action lawsuit could include up to 100k players.

I would suspect > than that. As I recall, the proposed class is: (1) ALL current players (roughly 11,000); (2) ALL former players over the HISTORY of the series - 21 years (possibly 200,000+?)

I'd have to think about it as obviously the teams actually in the game have grown over the years but the number of Plaintiffs they will have to pay off is going to be huge.

HINT HINT. Keller and O'bannon will get paid well (named plaintiffs always due) but the rest of the players will get a few hundred bucks and the Plaintiff's lawyers will bring in MILLIONS when this is all said in done.

Life Lesson: In a lawsuit the only people that win are the lawyers. :nod:

CLW
09-26-2013, 05:08 PM

Well that takes out one of the miracles for the series to return. I'll never support paying college athletes (they are already paid with a free college education) so time to find a new series to spend that $60 on.

CLW
09-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Interesting thought - some are posting that terms of settlement required this and EA might have gotten out "CHEAP". Players really just want to be paid so their target is to crush the NCAA into bankruptcy.

Might be interesting to see how this develops if the settlement is in fact true. All class action settlements have to be approved by the Court and the class members have an opportunity to object after getting notice of their settlement.

CLW
09-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Yep. Class counsel says:

I'm disappointed in that because there should be a game, All that has to happen is the NCAA allow players to be paid and there would be a game. This is Step 1 to players being paid that should. There will be players who play Saturday who should be paid [for their services] as they should be.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/23859858/ea-sports-settles-likeness-suits-thousands-of-current-former-players-eligible-for-money

That seems to indicate the Players want a game but they wanna be paid every year for it. Their target is to crush the NCAA into submission and/or bankruptcy.

Article estimates the class at 125,000 players. Seems a little low to me but maybe it wasn't the entire 21 years of the series.

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2013, 05:21 PM
So the series isn't necessarily dead, it just hinges on the fucktards at the NCAA doing something they refuse to do.

I'm on the same side, the fuckers don't deserve any money, they already get paid in full tuition and room and board, plus meal stipends and whatnot while on the road. But I'll digress if it keep the NCAA series alive. With the CLC settling, that just leaves the NCAA itself as an issue. Hell, if EA, the CLC and the independent teams can work something out, they can still go the non-NCAA named route, just have to have it cleared to be alright to pay the players.

The one good thing that could come from all of this, if the series were to somehow survive, would be no more QB #2 and crap. We could actually have named players with proper details and stats in the launch day rosters.

cdj
09-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Article estimates the class at 125,000 players. Seems a little low to me but maybe it wasn't the entire 21 years of the series.

CLW
09-26-2013, 05:26 PM
So the series isn't necessarily dead, it just hinges on the fucktards at the NCAA doing something they refuse to do.

I'm on the same side, the fuckers don't deserve any money, they already get paid in full tuition and room and board, plus meal stipends and whatnot while on the road. But I'll digress if it keep the NCAA series alive. With the CLC settling, that just leaves the NCAA itself as an issue. Hell, if EA, the CLC and the independent teams can work something out, they can still go the non-NCAA named route, just have to have it cleared to be alright to pay the players.

The one good thing that could come from all of this, if the series were to somehow survive, would be no more QB #2 and crap. We could actually have named players with proper details and stats in the launch day rosters.

Yes and no. They could NOT do a game w/o the NCAA's permission currently b/c paying the players would be an NCAA violation thus no player could be paid for use of his likeness in a video game. They would all lose their eligibility to play the game.

2 scenarios could save the series:

#1 NCAA "caves" and permits athletes to be paid for their "likeness" use in video games - this would allow real rosters with the names in lieu of numbers and potentially dynamic updates etc... (think Madden)

#2 NCAA is destroyed by lawsuit (literally) and/or the "big boy" schools leave the NCAA form their own group and EA pays the players for their likeness in that new entity/series "Big Boy Football 15"

CLW
09-26-2013, 05:27 PM

That # is in line with my estimate and Class Counsel certainly should know the EXACT # of his "clients". Technically they aren't his clients (b/c they didn't sign an agreement with him) but he is supposed to be representing them all as Court appointed class counsel (if/when the class is officially certified)

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2013, 05:31 PM
Yes and no. They could NOT do a game w/o the NCAA's permission currently b/c paying the players would be an NCAA violation thus no player could be paid for use of his likeness in a video game. They would all lose their eligibility to play the game.

2 scenarios could save the series:

#1 NCAA "caves" and permits athletes to be paid for their "likeness" use in video games - this would allow real rosters with the names in lieu of numbers and potentially dynamic updates etc... (think Madden)

#2 NCAA is destroyed by lawsuit (literally) and/or the "big boy" schools leave the NCAA form their own group and EA pays the players for their likeness in that new entity/series "Big Boy Football 15"

I probably didn't explain it well, but that's what I was trying to get at. With EA and CLC looking to settle, it would just leave the NCAA as the major issue in the future of the series. If the dumbasses at the NCAA relent and start allowing athletes to be paid, the series could be saved since it appears the players still want the series around (they just want to be paid for it), and the CLC would no longer have the lawsuit issue driving them (or independent teams) away. From my layman's perspective of all this, with EA and CLC looking settle, the future between no video game at all or a resumption of a yearly released video game, with probably fully named rosters, comes down to solely the NCAA and their refusal to budge on allowing athletes to be payed.

CLW
09-26-2013, 05:36 PM
I probably didn't explain it well, but that's what I was trying to get at. With EA and CLC looking to settle, it would just leave the NCAA as the major issue in the future of the series. If the dumbasses at the NCAA relent and start allowing athletes to be paid, the series could be saved since it appears the players still want the series around (they just want to be paid for it), and the CLC would no longer have the lawsuit issue driving them (or independent teams) away. From my layman's perspective of all this, with EA and CLC looking settle, the future between no video game at all or a resumption of a yearly released video game, with probably fully named rosters, comes down to solely the NCAA and their refusal to budge on allowing athletes to be payed.

Yes again with the caveat that presumably member institutions could leave the NCAA and form a new league (and thus a new EA series built around this new league which permits its students to be paid).

I am not privy to any agreements conferences/schools have with the NCAA but I know there has been quite a bit of chatter about 4 "super conferences" leaving the NCAA and forming their own league which would permit a "Final 4" like tournament to crown a "national champion".

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2013, 05:43 PM
One thing, thinking ahead to the now lost game of NCAACollege Football 15. Boo. No Appalachian State or Charlotte next year anymore. :( Figures the series would end up, for the time being, shelved the year before the final two teams jumping the FBS were set to be introduced to the game.

CLW
09-26-2013, 05:44 PM
One thing, thinking ahead to the now lost game of NCAACollege Football 15. Boo. No Appalachian State or Charlotte next year anymore. :( Figures the series would end up, for the time being, shelved the year before the final two teams jumping the FBS were set to be introduced to the game.

Yep also no Final 4 (or whatever they were calling it) which was also supposed to come to the series I believe next year.

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Yep also no Final 4 (or whatever they were calling it) which was also supposed to come to the series I believe next year.

Damn, I completely forgot about that. That's right. We're stuck with nothing but bowl games and the BCS for now.

And even that, there are a couple bowls still not in the game. Or at least there weren't last year. In NCAA '13, the Russell Athletic Bowl (still the Champ Sports Bowl in the game), the New Era Pinstripe Bowl (completely absent, probably due to Yankee Stadium rights), Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl (still the Insight Bowl in the game), Heart of Dallas Bowl (still the TicketCity Bowl in the game).

Now, I'm only just currently in the middle of game 6 of my first season on 2014, so some of those bowls (Buffalo Wild Wings, Heart of Dallas, Russell Athletic) might be updated in NCAA '14, I don't know firsthand. But I sure wouldn't be surprised that the Pinstripe Bowl is still absent, leaving only 34 bowls and only 68 bowl teams each season, instead of the actual 35 bowls/70 teams.

And unfortunately, whatever of those bowls hasn't been fixed in '14, either won't be fixed until, at minimum, 2015, or ever.

morsdraconis
09-26-2013, 06:23 PM
It was only a matter of time. Couldn't happen to a shittier franchise. This thing has been a dead man walking series ever since this current gen started. If it wasn't for it getting the Madden scraps every year, it would have been dead a LONG time ago.

NatureBoy
09-26-2013, 06:40 PM
While current NCAA players fight for their right to make money, a large group of former college football players scored a major victory Thursday.

Shortly after Electronic Arts announced it would stop producing a college football game beginning next year, the video game company -- together with Collegiate Licensing Company, which holds the licensing rights to the trademarks to the majority of the colleges and universities -- filed papers to the U.S. District Court in California that it had settled its case brought by former players.

Although the video games did not use their names, the former college athletes alleged EA Sports used the same jersey numbers, heights, weights, skin tones, hair colors and home states listed in their in-game bios, not only without their permission, but without compensation.

Steve Berman, managing partner of the law firm Hagens Berman, who served as co-lead counsel in the class-action lawsuit brought by the players, acknowledged to ESPN.com that a settlement had been reached, though the specific terms will remain confidential. Berman said negotiations started in earnest the last few weeks on the heels of an appellate court affirming in July a U.S. District Court decision that ruled that EA could not use a First Amendment defense of free speech.

After the sides had met with a mediator, they put the finishing touches on a settlement, which Berman says will include between 200,000 and 300,000 former college football players whose likenesses were used in the game.

Berman would only say that the settlement would provide the ex-players with "something substantive." He said that a list of players with their current addresses will be compiled and, once the court approves the settlement and the money is paid out, he hopes the players can get checks sent to their current residences instead of having to claim it.

For its part, EA Sports -- which will not admit any wrongdoing as part of the settlement agreement -- said in a statement Thursday that "we follow rules that are set by the NCAA -- but those rules are being challenged by some student-athletes."

EA Sports said the decision will not affect its support for "NCAA Football 14," which was released in July. The Redwood City, Calif., company also said that it is working to reassign staffers who worked on the game.

The NCAA said earlier this year that it would take its name off the game, but that does not absolve the governing body of previous legal exposure. With EA Sports and CLC dropped as defendants, the NCAA now will be litigated against alone in the class-action lawsuits spearheaded by former college quarterback Sam Keller and former UCLA basketball player Ed O'Bannon.

The NCAA's chief legal officer, Donald Remy, told USA Today that the NCAA was "not prepared to compromise on this case."

The settlement comes just five days after the most visible protest by college football players, who are seeking to improve their rights. Georgia Tech quarterback Vad Lee, Northwestern quarterback Kain Colter, and several others wrote "APU" -- All Players United -- on their gameday gear last Saturday. It was done to protest the NCAA's treatment of athletes on issues ranging from concussions to compensation.

One lawyer involved in the case suggested Thursday's settlement means current players now will be entitled to get compensation, too.

"Today's settlement is a game-changer because, for the first time, student-athletes suiting up to play this weekend are going to be paid for the use of their likenesses," said Eugene Egdorf, a Houston-based lawyer who litigated on behalf of the former college players. "We view this as the first step towards our ultimate goal of making sure all student-athletes can claim their fair share of the billions of dollars generated each year by college sports."

EA Sports provided athletic departments with more licensing royalties than any other non-apparel licensee, according to data released by CLC.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9728042/ea-sports-stop-producing-college-football-game

I OU a Beatn
09-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Couldn't happen to a shittier franchise.

I know you like being a little dramatic sometimes, but come on. There's franchises out there that make NCAA look like the best series ever.

bdoughty
09-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Mutant League College Football 2014

Zombies can't sue.

gigemaggs99
09-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Have they (EA) made it clear how long they will keep the server open for NCAA 14? I think it sucks they aren't going to be coming out with a newer version but I'll keep playing this game....just hope the online server for NCAA 14 lasts a while.

CLW
09-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Mutant League College Football 2014

Zombies can't sue.

Wrong.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/mar/12/judge-to-rule-in-6-weeks-on-zombie-lawsuit/

:nod:

Have they (EA) made it clear how long they will keep the server open for NCAA 14? I think it sucks they aren't going to be coming out with a newer version but I'll keep playing this game....just hope the online server for NCAA 14 lasts a while.

Nope my guess (pure speculation) is not long I suspect next summer it's gone and I suspect it is also terms of the settlement agreement.

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Another thought on things, what does this mean for Uniform Store? They already don't give us actual uniforms, just helmets and gloves. Will the packs be slowed down or shut down, or will they keep supporting that the rest of the season?

oweb26
09-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Quick Question what happens to this site? I know it wont shut down because of this (hopefully anyway) but does the focus shift to something else..general video game site I guess??

dhook27
09-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Another thought on things, what does this mean for Uniform Store? They already don't give us actual uniforms, just helmets and gloves. Will the packs be slowed down or shut down, or will they keep supporting that the rest of the season?
The reason I think they dont give us full uniforms is because you have to get permission from the school and sometimes schools dont care about a video game.

GatorfanStovy
09-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Any one see the face book page. no ncaa game next year :( . damn next gen is gonna get push aside damn it.

jaymo76
09-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Very sad day today. A huge part of my personal life is/was NCAA gaming. Losing NCAA basketball hurt but this is a real killer. I really am wondering if I should cancel my ps4 and call it a day on future gaming...

OSUCowboyofMD
09-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Very sad day today. A huge part of my personal life is/was NCAA gaming. Losing NCAA basketball hurt but this is a real killer. I really am wondering if I should cancel my ps4 and call it a day on future gaming...

I'm feeling exactly how you feel right now. I still have FIFA but NCAA Football was the love of my life and without it, gaming won't be the same :(:smh::fp::bang:

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah, NCAA is my one guaranteed purchase every year. It's definitely going to leave a massive gap in my summer, especially since it's the only new release game that I purchase every year between May and July. I'll still be able to find enough to make buying an Xbox One worth it. I'll still have Halo, NHL, still have FIFA, still have Battlefield, Call of Duty (when I eventually buy it down the road for cheap), Assassin's Creed, new games like Watch Dogs, Titanfall, etc. So I'll still have plenty of games to play on the next-gen consoles. But it'll be a very noticeable gap never seen an NCAA title on it. And this also means I'll now have to permanently keep my Xbox 360 hooked up so I can keep going in my coaching carousel dynasty into the future.

bdoughty
09-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Quick Question what happens to this site? I know it wont shut down because of this (hopefully anyway) but does the focus shift to something else..general video game site I guess??

Focus shall shift to the production of the TGT Bumper Dumpers. There will of course be a section for gaming on your bumper dumper. ;)

morsdraconis
09-26-2013, 08:40 PM
I know you like being a little dramatic sometimes, but come on. There's franchises out there that make NCAA look like the best series ever.

It has been. It's a terrible series. Not one game on this current gen of consoles is without DRASTIC issues that prevent it from being a good game.

bdoughty
09-26-2013, 08:45 PM

Cancel the preorder, keep playing the games you have and then wait and see what the next generation brings. The great thing about being a late adopter to next gen is you have a ton of games out there for cheap. I was going to wait until lNext Gen NCAA hits before I jumped on a PS4, now I might wait a bit longer. You can still keep the Ps3 to play the NCAA Football/Basketball games and eventually enjoy PS4 games at the same time,

I am going on a hunt for a copy of NCAA Basketball 10 and my collection will be full of every sports game to play while I hibernate through all the next gen hype.

dhook27
09-26-2013, 08:59 PM
It has been. It's a terrible series. Not one game on this current gen of consoles is without DRASTIC issues that prevent it from being a good game.
So you take the time to just hate on them every second you get? Go out and enjoy life for once.

baseballplyrmvp
09-26-2013, 09:04 PM
is there any way that they could issue more patches and features, now that there would be 2 years or more til the next game would be released?

bdoughty
09-26-2013, 09:22 PM
is there any way that they could issue more patches and features, now that there would be 2 years or more til the next game would be released?

Well if it is anything like the support for Tiger Woods, after they said there would not be a TW 15...

http://i.imgur.com/NqexTTT.jpg

Deuce
09-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Well if it is anything like the support for Tiger Woods, after they said there would not be a TW 15...

http://i.imgur.com/NqexTTT.jpg

:nod: :fdown:

bdoughty
09-26-2013, 09:57 PM
I was going to go on a rant... Then I just realized it does not make a shit, EA cares about one thing, the investors. Just look at the poor souls over on the Tiger Woods Forum trying to get answers for months about a stinking patch. After 6 months a simple yes or no should be possible. I feel for all the Game Changers that can't answer these questions and EA employees like Hands who obviously have the voices duck tapped by EA Corporate. If only those corporate mongloids could just see what happens when you provide customer service and how it no only benefits them but also their employees.

I love Borderlands 2. I love the passion the development team has for the game and that 2K allows Gearbox the freedom to show it. I have bought every single piece of DLC for this game and will continue to do so, not just because it has provided hundreds of hours of fun but because I am supporting the hundreds of hours of fun when Borderlands 3 arrives. I buy stuff I will never even use, like outfits for characters I will not play as. I love that they continue supporting the game with brilliant additional content like the Tiny Tiny DLC. Even after the Season Pass DLC they are adding more. Just last week they released that more people are playing this game more, a year later, that at launch. I wonder why?

EA gave me those feelings in the Genesis days but since then there has always been a struggle in one form or another. Remember this is the company that shipped out a College Basketball game on the PS2 without a season mode. :fp:

Time to get back to making the customer happy which in return will make for very happy investors. We will have no NCAA or TW for however long so why no support the damn thing right now, the game that actually exits. Sadly it looks like a couple more cases of NCAA Basketball 10, except for these games got one patch.

cdj
09-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Joystiq has posted the full press release from the Lanier Law Firm (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/26/ea-sports-cancels-2014-college-football-game-is-evaluating-seri/#continued).

One aspect of the settlement: Based on this settlement and other recent court rulings, EA Sports has agreed to change the way it develops future games featuring NCAA athletes in order to protect the rights to their likenesses.

coogrfan
09-26-2013, 10:05 PM
I had no intention of purchasing a next gen console this year anyway, but as a result of today's announcement I no longer have a reason to ever buy one. :(

skipwondah33
09-26-2013, 10:52 PM
I haven't kept an NCAA game longer than 2 months the past 3-4 versions.

Atleast now no urge to resist buying it

Expected this to happen as things weren't looking good at all once team/s and conference/s started thinking of dropping

May be able to make come back once dust clears. But will there be interest? Leaving on a bad note..ala Live

morsdraconis
09-26-2013, 10:56 PM
So you take the time to just hate on them every second you get? Go out and enjoy life for once.

I don't accept "good enough". I don't with any other game, why should I with EA and their progressively worse football games? I haven't bought an EA product in 3 years now and I don't think I will ever buy one again.

dhook27
09-26-2013, 11:27 PM
I don't accept "good enough". I don't with any other game, why should I with EA and their progressively worse football games? I haven't bought an EA product in 3 years now and I don't think I will ever buy one again.
Then dont spread your negativity. The way you spread your foolish negativity doesnt even make me take you seriously because any chance you get you post the typical EA shitty hate comment. DONT LIKE EA THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE SIMPLE AS THAT.

morsdraconis
09-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Then dont spread your negativity. The way you spread your foolish negativity doesnt even make me take you seriously because any chance you get you post the typical EA shitty hate comment. DONT LIKE EA THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE SIMPLE AS THAT.

:D

bdoughty
09-27-2013, 12:32 AM

If you need a forum to be all rainbows and sunshine, move your ass here (http://mlpforums.com/).

I would imagine he is here because he has been a member for quite some time and has plenty of friends in here, including myself. Ranting is what Michael does and by golly he is consistent. He just want's something better than what they are releasing. His comments won't change the fact I paid $59.99 plus tax and have found some enjoyment in the game.

WolverineJay
09-27-2013, 12:57 AM
This is sad news even though I could see the writing on the wall months ago, it still feels like a sock to my gut. I've been playing this series since its inception 21 years ago and I will always have a soft spot for this series. I think this will really hit me come next July when I am conditioned to expect a new NCAA Football game coming out, hopefully it doesn't get killed off for good like the NCAA Basketball games. :( :smh: :fdown:

ram29jackson
09-27-2013, 01:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNEcQS4tXgQ

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6049/jasper1.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img706/9149/gtfa.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/1253/2bd.png
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/IN%20GAME%20NCAA%2011/111tTGT.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5677/15wn.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5114/jh0m.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img825/7443/4uok.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img51/3969/8l5k.jpg

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/A%20NCAA%2012TEAM%20BUILDER%20%20PHOTOS/HESSMERUoldschool.jpg

JBHuskers
09-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Joystiq has posted the full press release from the Lanier Law Firm (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/26/ea-sports-cancels-2014-college-football-game-is-evaluating-seri/#continued).

One aspect of the settlement: Based on this settlement and other recent court rulings, EA Sports has agreed to change the way it develops future games featuring NCAA athletes in order to protect the rights to their likenesses.

Which doesn't completely kill the franchise, and makes sense to take a year off to fix whatever they are forced to in order to make it legal.

CLW
09-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Which doesn't completely kill the franchise, and makes sense to take a year off to fix whatever they are forced to in order to make it legal.

Actually it does "kill" the franchise unless: (1) The NCAA allows players to be paid and/or (2) The NCAA ceases to exist or a new college league is formed allowing players to be paid.

Plaintiffs lawyers would sue EA again in a heart beat if they put out another college football title w/o paying the players.

I suppose EA could go "generic" with bad and non-editable rosters but I doubt it.

Bottom line, the series is dead but it may arise again if/when college students can be paid to be in the game.

JBHuskers
09-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Actually it does "kill" the franchise unless: (1) The NCAA allows players to be paid and/or (2) The NCAA ceases to exist or a new college league is formed allowing players to be paid.

Plaintiffs lawyers would sue EA again in a heart beat if they put out another college football title w/o paying the players.

I suppose EA could go "generic" with bad and non-editable rosters but I doubt it.

Bottom line, the series is dead but it may arise again if/when college students can be paid to be in the game.

Not necessarily. All EA has to do is completely randomize the rosters, and probably make them uneditable.

morsdraconis
09-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Not necessarily. All EA has to do is completely randomize the rosters, and probably make them uneditable.

Man, without editable rosters, I think you lose a large amount of the fanbase as well.

CLW
09-27-2013, 09:47 AM

They could possibly do that but I doubt that title would sell. I could also see some sort of "all-time" college football game (think NUT but with full teams).

Again, EA is really out of viable business solutions other than the ability to pay players which the NCAA will not allow.

JBHuskers
09-27-2013, 09:58 AM
They could possibly do that but I doubt that title would sell. I could also see some sort of "all-time" college football game (think NUT but with full teams).

Again, EA is really out of viable business solutions other than the ability to pay players which the NCAA will not allow.

I'd be curious to see what % of people that guy NCAA actually use rosters. We could be in that vocal minority again.

morsdraconis
09-27-2013, 10:12 AM
I'd be curious to see what % of people that guy NCAA actually use rosters. We could be in that vocal minority again.

Considering how crazy people get about it after launch, I'd be surprised if it was lower than 50%.

JBHuskers
09-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Considering how crazy people get about it after launch, I'd be surprised if it was lower than 50%.

Yeah, but again, those crazy people are a vocal minority. I bet it's lower than 20% that use rosters. Hell maybe 10%.

CLW
09-27-2013, 11:30 AM
Yeah, but again, those crazy people are a vocal minority. I bet it's lower than 20% that use rosters. Hell maybe 10%.

With how easy it is now and with all of the sites out there and roster makers out there I'd bet its at least 50% but no way of knowing. However, some may be fine with the #s but start throwing out "wrong" #s; races; heights; weights; etc... and then you prob increase the people that care.

I could live w/o named rosters. However, if you are throwing out completely inaccurate rosters and the teams do not mirror their strengths/weaknesses IRL then who would want to buy that product?

It just won't sell.

SCClassof93
09-27-2013, 11:34 AM
As long as socks, dreadlocks, face masks, helmets and the player's hometown is right we should be good to go :glare:

souljahbill
09-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Straight up generic (height/weight/race/number) but add auto name and no roster share. I'm good with that as all the "real" kids are gone in year 5 of a dynasty anyway.

SCClassof93
09-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Straight up generic (height/weight/race/number) but add auto name and no roster share. I'm good with that as all the "real" kids are gone in year 5 of a dynasty anyway.

Exactly!!

gschwendt
09-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Owen Good on the Press Row Podcast recorded yesterday evening talking about inside info he has regarding the NCAA cancellation. For one, news to me, Ohio State was the expected hold out of next year. Two, while EA worded it as though they were just cancelling it next year and would look to the future after that, he indicates to not expect it anytime soon (which I what I think we all already believed anyway). Finally, he mentions that while he doesn't know the specifics of the settlement, his inside information gives him the idea that there's no specific terms of the agreement that force EA to cancel the series.

He also mentions that there is an expected 5% loss of staff in the NCAA/Madden teams due to the combination of teams.

I'm only 14 minutes in; it's a pretty good listen so far.
http://www.operationsports.com/news/665868/operation-sports-press-row-podcast-ncaa-football-cancellation-fifa-14-nba-2k14/

gschwendt
09-27-2013, 12:29 PM

skipwondah33
09-27-2013, 12:46 PM
$320?

psusnoop
09-27-2013, 01:06 PM
$320?

Lmfao

CLW
09-27-2013, 02:15 PM
$320?

Lmfao

Yep. This is EXACTLY why class action lawsuits are a JOKE. Although it has to be approved by the Court Plaintiff's counsel will likely request and receive $13.3 million or so (1/3 of the settlement is pretty standard).

So who was the "real" winner?

JBHuskers
09-27-2013, 02:18 PM
The douchebags Keller & O'Bannon. Don't they get a fat cut?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

ram29jackson
09-27-2013, 02:29 PM
college players have liked playing EA ncaa too for years. $320 to kill 20 years of fun ?

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority were willing to sign a waiver to be in the/a game for no pay in the future depending on how the whole thing ends. ..but all I ever got was 50 bucks in a class action LOL

SCClassof93
09-27-2013, 02:35 PM
$320 - attorney's fees :fp: Well at least they can get a round of golf and a night at the hotel here http://www.cdaresort.com/ OFF SEASON of course:D

Jayrah
09-27-2013, 02:52 PM
OMG All this for $320 per person? Congratulations Douchebags. You're life is richer now. By the way, you're still BROKE because you didn't work hard enough to get to the League... oh yeah and now you're WAY MORE BROKE because you have to pay your lawyers. But hey, at least you got paid your dues for "appearing" in the game! :)) Retards

CLW
09-27-2013, 03:00 PM

Nope. Usually they get a "little more" than the unnamed class members. All of the named class members Keller, O'Bannon and the current named players will probably get a "little" more for being the named Plaintiffs but we are NOT even talking six figures for them most likely.

They basically ended NCAA Football/Basketball video games b/c of a grudge they have against the NCAA and will receive at best several thousand dollars which they will blow and be broke again within 6 months.

CLW
09-27-2013, 03:02 PM
OMG All this for $320 per person? Congratulations Douchebags. You're life is richer now. By the way, you're still BROKE because you didn't work hard enough to get to the League... oh yeah and now you're WAY MORE BROKE because you have to pay your lawyers. But hey, at least you got paid your dues for "appearing" in the game! :)) Retards

Nah the Lawyers will be paid directly through the settlement proceeds.

EA writes the big $40 million check. It goes to a class action administrator who takes a cut for himself to do a mail merge and then he/she then sends the $300 check out to each class member and the $13.3 million dollar check to Plaintiff's counsel.

Jayrah
09-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Nah the Lawyers will be paid directly through the settlement proceeds.

EA writes the big $40 million check. It goes to a class action administrator who takes a cut for himself to do a mail merge and then he/she then sends the $300 check out to each class member and the $13.3 million dollar check to Plaintiff's counsel.
K so JUST-AS-BROKE. Same diff

bdoughty
09-27-2013, 05:45 PM

This was only a settlement with EA and the CLC. O'Bannon still has an ongoing case against the NCAA. I am sure that is where his lawyers think the big money is to be made. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130926/mccann-obannon-ea-clc-settlement/)

and

From USA Today, the athletes who still have something to gain outside the settlement. (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2013/09/26/ea-sports-ncaa-13-video-game-keller-obannon/2878307/)

That leaves the NCAA as the lone defendant in a case whose named plaintiffs include former UCLA basketball star Ed O'Bannon, former Arizona State and Nebraska football player Sam Keller and five current football players.

ram29jackson
09-27-2013, 05:49 PM
https://www.change.org/petitions/ncaa-ea-sports-settle-the-likeness-lawsuits-and-continue-making-college-football-games#

oweb26
09-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Thats a pretty shitty petition.

ram29jackson
09-27-2013, 06:14 PM

hey, its from TSO, just doing my part showing solidarity . I don't care if it works or not.

bdoughty
09-27-2013, 06:16 PM

But this one is a terrific petition.

https://www.change.org/petitions/ram-stop-posting-links-to-petitions

ram29jackson
09-27-2013, 06:18 PM

LOL you don't like it, tough shit.

SmoothPancakes
09-27-2013, 06:19 PM

Signed! :D

ram29jackson
09-27-2013, 06:21 PM
Signed! :D

:D no you didn't, still says 0=zero

now it says 1, I signed it :D

SmoothPancakes
09-27-2013, 06:25 PM
:D no you didn't, still says 0=zero

Might want to refresh.

bdoughty
09-27-2013, 06:25 PM
LOL you don't like it, tough shit.

Perry :D You are no longer Ram now. LOL Smooth.

ram29jackson
09-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Might want to refresh.

ok, so you and I both signed it now

JBHuskers
09-27-2013, 08:04 PM

Is it an official petition?

bdoughty
09-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Is it an official petition?

What do you mean?

SCClassof93
09-27-2013, 08:20 PM
What do you mean?

Us serious guys only sign petitions that are "official". :glare: Did you not get the officials involved?:glare:

bdoughty
09-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Us serious guys only sign petitions that are "official". :glare: Did you not get the officials involved?:glare:

What the... :dunno:

D1rtyDuff714
09-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Whats the big deal..all EA has to do is udpate current game...patches....to include new teams, bowl upgrades, and even the 4 team playoff....Using current game which the playability is awsome..just add things like they do with Battlefield....

JBHuskers
09-27-2013, 09:19 PM

Guess he didn't get the memo :D

jaymo76
09-27-2013, 09:32 PM

Man, without editable rosters, I think you lose a large amount of the fanbase as well.

I'm telling you right now... even with generic non-editable name rosters, I still buy this game in a heartbeat... on ps4...

JBHuskers
09-27-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm telling you right now... even with generic non-editable name rosters, I still buy this game in a heartbeat... on ps4...

Yep. I mainly play OD for NCAA, generic random rosters wouldn't bother me.

SmoothPancakes
09-27-2013, 10:59 PM

Yep. I mainly play OD for NCAA, generic random rosters wouldn't bother me.

As long as they would keep the option to auto-name players, I'm good. I haven't downloaded user-created rosters since NCAA '12. NCAA '13, I just auto-named the rosters as I continued my coaching carousel dynasty at Tulsa, and auto-named all of the players again this year in '14 as I kept my dynasty rolling at Utah State.

Since I'm currently in the year 2020 in my dynasty, I couldn't care less about correct names. I couldn't care less that the second string punter at Montana Tech has the wrong colored jockstrap. As far as my dynasty is concerned, it's 2020 and none of the "current" players that are reflected in the game exist anymore in the college football world.

bdoughty
09-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Guess he didn't get the memo :D

Apparently not, I still have no clue what you guys are talking about. :confused:

JBHuskers
09-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Apparently not, I still have no clue what you guys are talking about. :confused:

An old joke about :sf: hating official threads.

bdoughty
09-28-2013, 12:16 AM
An old joke about :sf: hating official threads.

Ahh, gotcha. Just glad to be in the loop. ;)

TIMB0B
09-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Whats the big deal..all EA has to do is udpate current game...patches....to include new teams, bowl upgrades, and even the 4 team playoff....Using current game which the playability is awsome..just add things like they do with Battlefield....

That is what I am wondering. This is something they can do? And will they do it?

ram29jackson
09-28-2013, 02:01 AM
I and many others still play the original Black ops online and I bought it used for cheap long after it came out.

but I always prefer sports games

steelerfan
09-28-2013, 02:17 AM
I signed the petition, because it is not official. :nod:

ram29jackson
09-28-2013, 02:48 AM

http://school.discoveryeducation.com/clipart/images/three.gif

bdoughty
09-28-2013, 05:33 AM
Three is not bad for a joke post. Only thirty for people actually trying to "request change." That is Melissa Joan Hart kickstarting range of ineptitude. I have no clue what TSO is, nor do I care but they need someone minding the bandwagon.

CLW
09-28-2013, 06:56 AM
You liberals should get Obama involved but I'd hate to tell you he will side with the Plaintiff's lawyers on this one.

CLW
09-28-2013, 06:58 AM
That is what I am wondering. This is something they can do? And will they do it?

No and No. I call all but guarantee you they will NOT support this game any more than what they are doing now (uniform updates). There will be no more tuners, patches, etc.... the NCAA team is no more and guys were either fired or reassigned to other games to work on. There isn't anyone at the company anymore working on NCAA.

SmoothPancakes
09-28-2013, 07:24 AM
No and No. I call all but guarantee you they will NOT support this game any more than what they are doing now (uniform updates). There will be no more tuners, patches, etc.... the NCAA team is no more and guys were either fired or reassigned to other games to work on. There isn't anyone at the company anymore working on NCAA.

Which sucks because this game needs some patching love. A couple patches and this could be a very solid game. Now that I've worked out some decent sliders to create some defense (or at least the illusion of defense) in this game, my Utah State dynasty has been resumed and I'm enjoying myself again. But one or two solid patches dedicated towards gameplay would have improved this game by leaps and bounds.

Deuce
09-28-2013, 07:43 AM

:+1:

SCClassof93
09-28-2013, 08:25 AM

:D:D:D

xMrHitStickx904
09-28-2013, 11:41 AM
I'm ... okay with super generic rosters, if that means the NCAA Football franchise returns. I won't lie, I'll hate it because I know they are generic, but if you play OD's a lot, you won't notice after season 2. My main gripe with NCAA on this gen was always about how the games played, less about how accurate or inaccurate rosters were.

baseballplyrmvp
09-28-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm ... okay with super generic rosters, if that means the NCAA Football franchise returns. I won't lie, I'll hate it because I know they are generic, but if you play OD's a lot, you won't notice after season 2. My main gripe with NCAA on this gen was always about how the games played, less about how accurate or inaccurate rosters were.

+1

i think they should go the route of generic team types instead of focusing on rosters. its the 2k move but you could create more with the game this way. give the teams certain identities (maybe up to 5?) and make the school caliber have an effect on the ratings in this case.

ram29jackson
09-28-2013, 01:03 PM
I bought the game in the ps2 days before I had internet..I didn't care about names, and it had create a school too.

all I cared about was all the teams were represented and that's more entertaining then just an NFL 32.

with internet you end up learning more about football seeing what other people do ( and realizing everyone is a childish dumb ass LOL)

all this...the game wont sell without what they are losing is a bunch of crap. So what if they make a football game that goes from around a million to a 600,000 sales ? I got both when there were 2 companies of football games and so did thousands of others. EA doesn't need to rely on one game to fund its whole operation...or rather, they make more than one game and know some will sell better then others.

what ever ? I just doubt only Madden will exist for the next 5 years. Someone will come up with something

ram29jackson
09-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Three is not bad for a joke post. Only thirty for people actually trying to "request change." That is Melissa Joan Hart kickstarting range of ineptitude. I have no clue what TSO is, nor do I care but they need someone minding the bandwagon.

:) dude, stop over analyzing crap. Its no big deal, I know it doesn't mean much. I'm just being nice with a couple mouse clicks. Doesn't hurt anything. TSO is tradition sports online, another site with madden n ncaa game changer guys... I don't even know who Melissa Joan Hart is lol

jwallace0317
09-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Is this website basically dead once NCAA 14 is used up? Apologies if someone already brought this up earlier in the thread and I missed it.

souljahbill
09-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Is this website basically dead once NCAA 14 is used up? Apologies if someone already brought this up earlier in the thread and I missed it.

Nope

JBHuskers
09-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Nope

+ :infinity:

SmoothPancakes
09-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Nope

Nope. Come July 1st, 2014, we're going to be rebranding into a Hannah Montana and Farming Simulator themed site.

CLW
09-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Nope

+ :infinity:

Just change the slogan from "Everybody's here for the game" to Everybody's here for the games. allot of us here play allot more than just EA/sports games :nod:

Rudy
09-28-2013, 06:17 PM
This site will probably be more Madden influenced next year. We'll see. Next gen changes a lot too.

psuexv
09-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Just change the slogan from "Everybody's here for the game" to Everybody's here for the games. allot of us here play allot more than just EA/sports games :nod:

Yeah if you look at the "latest" threads they typically aren't NCAA anymore.

psuexv
09-28-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm ok with the generic rosters but the would definitely need to add the ability to carry over Dynasties to the next years release.

psusnoop
09-28-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm ok with the generic rosters but the would definitely need to add the ability to carry over Dynasties to the next years release.

I'm with you and JB here, generic rosters would be no issues for me at all.

cdj
09-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Let's get this one back on-topic. I understand no one is happy about this, but there's no need to eat our own as a result.

Keep the insults, vulgarities, comments on other sites, etc. to a minimum (read: none at all).

ram29jackson
09-29-2013, 08:37 PM
:) oh, that's why the quote command wasn't working just now

SmoothPancakes
09-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Damn, all the popcorn eating comments got erased. :D

ram29jackson
09-30-2013, 03:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vsUBtAHCqQ

SCClassof93
09-30-2013, 08:30 AM
Damn, all the popcorn eating comments got erased. :D

ALWAYS happens to me??? Have no idea why either. I assume it is a plot to keep me down in the post count as JB is in fear of my posting prowess:D

cdj
09-30-2013, 10:16 AM

SCClassof93
09-30-2013, 10:44 AM

Sounds like the game we have now is it.................:dunno:

D1rtyDuff714
09-30-2013, 11:01 AM
I don't understand how these kids can get away with this law suit against EA...The player movements, motion, and running were done by prev athletes. How can they be the likeness of those players if they werent there to develope the game and also with the game having the ability to create new players and edit players should take that off the table...EA isn't using numbers and names...they are added by kids who play the game...Faces look nothing like the players...thats bogus...shouldn't even be an issue....

D1rtyDuff714
09-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Just because they weren't good enough to make the NFL....lol....It's all about the money, who are they trying to kid....When their settlement money runs out then what..take more life insurance policies out on their parents...SCUM!!!! LIke a free education, room and board and a little bit of fame isn't enough....lol what a joke!!!!

Rudy
09-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Just because they weren't good enough to make the NFL....lol....It's all about the money, who are they trying to kid....When their settlement money runs out then what..take more life insurance policies out on their parents...SCUM!!!! LIke a free education, room and board and a little bit of fame isn't enough....lol what a joke!!!!

Relax. What you think is fair and what the law says is fair aren't always the same. And of course it's all about money! What part of college football isn't about money? Every school, conference and coach will screw anyone over to get more money. Why should the players be any different?

CLW
09-30-2013, 11:48 AM

Sounds like the game we have now is it.................:dunno:

EA isn't putting out a college product unless/until they can pay athletes who will sign a contract with them permitting their use in the video games (just like the professional sports unions).

Sucks for people losing their jobs but as a business proposition there is no point keeping people around if they cannot add anything of value to a currently viable product. I suspect there was quite a bit of overlap with 2 people having basically the same job for Madden/NCAA. Only way the NCAA guy keeps his/her job is if he/she is that much better than the current Madden employee in which case they will lose their job.

JBHuskers
09-30-2013, 11:50 AM
On the legal side, how is ESPN be able to use names in promoting games, etc.? They're making money from promoting these players.

SCClassof93
09-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Better yet how does the wrestling game get away with creating wrestlers not paid by the game? Get with it clw :D

SCClassof93
09-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Relax. What you think is fair and what the law says is legal aren't always the same. And of course people go to work for money! What part of work isn't about money? Every school, conference and coach will take money into account when looking at other jobs. Why should the players if the law has been broken be any different?

fixed :up:

CLW
09-30-2013, 01:24 PM
On the legal side, how is ESPN be able to use names in promoting games, etc.? They're making money from promoting these players.

This thing called the 1st Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

It WAS EA's best defense but they gave it up and settled instead. ESPN has a 1st Amendment right to use college Player's likeness but your correct the logic of the claim would be the same. The ONLY difference is ESPN is the media and liberal judges love the media where they HATE evil profit making companies.

Better yet how does the wrestling game get away with creating wrestlers not paid by the game? Get with it clw :D

1st Amendment but your right I need to find a bunch of has been wrestlers and sue WWE class action style.

bdoughty
09-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Interesting and upsetting read. Fired as they walked in this morning, including Jeff Luhr. Hopefully they find employment elsewhere as soon as possible.

http://kotaku.com/a-blindside-hit-takes-down-an-ncaa-football-team-rallyi-1429336606

Poor Ram

Said the idea was to turn the game over to fans, on the faith they know best what they most enjoy. Not only would that have entailed an overhaul of the existing customizer—TeamBuilder, which deals with single teams—the vision extended to things like stadium construction, layer editing for uniforms

ram29jackson
09-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Interesting and upsetting read. Fired as they walked in this morning, including Jeff Luhr. Hopefully they find employment elsewhere as soon as possible.

http://kotaku.com/a-blindside-hit-takes-down-an-ncaa-football-team-rallyi-1429336606

Poor Ram

Said the idea was to turn the game over to fans, on the faith they know best what they most enjoy. Not only would that have entailed an overhaul of the existing customizer—TeamBuilder, which deals with single teams—the vision extended to things like stadium construction, layer editing for uniforms

it just means that at some point, someone will actually do that. Which is cool , but yeah...sad...cut off short for now...darnit. :(

what does layer editing mean ?

ram29jackson
09-30-2013, 09:48 PM
and so it goes

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/09/auburn_football_alum_alex_howe.html

CLW
09-30-2013, 10:09 PM

Poor Ram

Liberalism: KILLING jobs so Plaintiffs' lawyers can sleep on sheets made of real gold. :nod:

ram29jackson
09-30-2013, 10:37 PM
http://kotaku.com/5449662/if-its-in-the-name-its-in-the-game

Stan HAMsen
10-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Liberalism: KILLING jobs so Plaintiffs' lawyers can sleep on sheets made of real gold. :nod:

I can't even imagine how tired your schtick is to the guys who have been here for years.

oweb26
10-01-2013, 02:33 PM
:D You have no idea!

I think most of us..just ignore him either figuratively or literally...

Actually I dont think anyone can ignore him literally anymore.

JBHuskers
10-01-2013, 02:57 PM
:D You have no idea!

I think most of us..just ignore him either figuratively or literally...

Actually I dont think anyone can ignore him literally anymore.

That's why his title might soon be changed of President of Republican Parodies. :nod:

CLW
10-01-2013, 04:58 PM
I can't even imagine how tired your schtick is to the guys who have been here for years.

That's why his title might soon be changed of President of Republican Parodies. :nod:

What can I say other than I wear many hats here at TGT. You could also call me the ONLY person posting any news in the Other Video Games Section of the Forums, Resident MS Hater, College Basketball Freak, etc....

JBHuskers
10-01-2013, 05:09 PM
You're posting YouTube links :D. Not news.

CLW
10-01-2013, 05:15 PM
You're posting YouTube links :D. Not news.

Meh it's roughly 50/50 Youtube vids and articles. But for those posts there wouldn't be what 2/3 - 3/4 the activity there is in that portion of the forums + my Lincoln v. Douglas debate with IOU and we are prob looking at 80%+ of the activity in that portion of the forums since the announcement of PS4/XB1.

oweb26
10-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Meh it's roughly 50/50 Youtube vids and articles. But for those posts there wouldn't be what 2/3 - 3/4 the activity there is in that portion of the forums + my Lincoln v. Douglas debate with IOU and we are prob looking at 80%+ of the activity in that portion of the forums since the announcement of PS4/XB1.

HA!! We can actually agree on something, you are about spot on with your ratios

SCClassof93
10-01-2013, 07:19 PM

So, is it your position that BIG government helps stimulate private business :confused:

CLW
10-01-2013, 07:21 PM
So, is it your position that BIG government helps stimulate private business :confused:

Well in fairness I was referring to Plaintiffs' lawyers and liberals 100% backing of same. I suppose he meant that suing companies creates jobs despite infinite evidence to the contrary with EA being the most recent example and all for $300 of damages for each athlete.

jaymo76
10-01-2013, 08:18 PM

Poor Ram

Didn't always see eye to eye with the NCAA team but I feel for them right now. Hopefully they will all land on their feet quickly.

bdoughty
10-01-2013, 08:34 PM

And most of your gaming articles are from IGN. Just stick a link to IGN in your signature and save yourself time. ;)

bdoughty
10-01-2013, 08:39 PM

Make it fun, turn it into a drinking game. Every time CLW says "insert redundant thing here"... Drink a beer or take a shot.

Deuce
10-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Make it fun, turn it into a drinking game. Every time CLW says "insert redundant thing here"... Drink a beer or take a shot.

:D :D :D

steelerfan
10-01-2013, 09:25 PM

:D :D :D

My liver couldn't handle it which is saying something.

Stan HAMsen
10-01-2013, 09:37 PM

No.

My position is that just thinking about 8000 posts of "conservatives/PlayStation rules, liberals/Xbox sucks!" makes me tired.

steelerfan
10-01-2013, 10:15 PM
No.

My position is that just thinking about 8000 posts of "conservatives/PlayStation rules, liberals/Xbox sucks!" makes me tired.

ram29jackson
10-02-2013, 03:53 AM
for the record, UCLA has blue socks :P

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9619/o909.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/o909.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

oweb26
10-02-2013, 05:52 AM
No.

You will fit in very nicely around these parts! :D:nod:

SCClassof93
10-02-2013, 07:08 AM
No.

Fair enough :D

SmoothPancakes
10-02-2013, 07:59 AM
You will fit in very nicely around these parts! :D:nod:

Rudy
10-03-2013, 03:53 AM
Christian McLeod got a job with the Madden team. I'm glad since he moved his family to Florida from Michigan to take the job with EA.

CLW
10-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Nice Tribute video guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrEALpSZvI4

Stan HAMsen
10-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Haha, I remember that song from some WWE PPV years ago.

CLW
10-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Haha, I remember that song from some WWE PPV years ago.

Yep Judgment Day I believe. I seem to recall the main event involving HHH v. Vince McMahon (was it the PPV Stephanie turned on her father?)

SCClassof93
10-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Sounds like The Doors???

ram29jackson
10-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Sounds like The Doors???

and Echo And The Bunny men at the same time LOL

GatorfanStovy
10-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Nice video ! I wouldn't mind going and trying to collect each of the NCAA football games from xbox to 360 from then to know. Most of them are probably pretty cheap.

SCClassof93
10-03-2013, 02:15 PM
and Echo And The Bunny men at the same time LOL

Ian and the guys were heavily influenced by The Doors. Good point

ram29jackson
10-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Nice Tribute video guys:

is nice yes but I expected something more of a personal highlight montage from Gschwendt or something similar :)

SCClassof93
10-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Nice video ! I wouldn't mind going and trying to collect each of the NCAA football games from xbox to 360 from then to know. Most of them are probably pretty cheap.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6007008256/hE5E891AA/

SCClassof93
10-03-2013, 02:17 PM
is nice yes but I expecting something more of a personal highlight montage from Gschwendt or something similar :)

Contagion???

PeteyKirch
10-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Please tell me that Ben Haumiller wasn't retained in any fashion at EA.

If anyone deserved to get a pink slip it was him.

ram29jackson
10-03-2013, 02:50 PM

...fascinating...just fascinating...but he is from New Jersey.

Dude, you are 25 years old. Are you seriously that stupid ?

cdj
10-03-2013, 03:02 PM

I don't think he has publicly announced his fate following the NCAA wipeout.

I understand that Ben is (was? :() the face of the NCAA franchise so he is going to face some undue criticism, but I would say that there is no one who wanted the game to be great more than him and any issues (especially legacy) drove him crazy as much as us, if not more. Also, Ben was the primary guy we corresponded with anytime we had questions, needed clarification, sent on feedback, etc. He has always been more than willing to respond and try to help out, including e-mailing back at all hours of the day, when on vacation, during E3, etc. He did a lot to help the NCAA franchise & community, more than John Q. Public realizes. I can definitely understand game frustrations, but he shouldn't be the fall guy.

steelerfan
10-03-2013, 03:06 PM

I understand that Ben is (was? :() the face of the NCAA franchise so he is going to face some undue criticism, but I would say that there is no one who wanted the game to be great more than him and any issues (especially legacy) drove him crazy as much as us, if not more. Also, Ben was the primary guy we corresponded with anytime we had questions, needed clarification, sent on feedback, etc. He has always been more than willing to respond and try to help out, including e-mailing back at all hours of the day, when on vacation, during E3, etc. He did a lot to help the NCAA franchise & community, more than John Q. Public realizes. I can definitely understand game frustrations, but he shouldn't be the fall guy.

Every word is correct. Thank you for putting that out there Chris. Ben is a standup guy and he cared tremendously for the series. I, for one, wish him the best in whatever he does next.

souljahbill
10-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Nice Tribute video guys:

All this game needs in generic named (and numbered) rosters with no roster share and it's good. Make everything about a kid editable about a player BUT his name and it'll still sell if it has all the teams/conferences/bowls etc. as I think most people are fans of a school moreso than fans of players.

morsdraconis
10-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Every word is correct. Thank you for putting that out there Chris. Ben is a standup guy and he cared tremendously for the series. I, for one, wish him the best in whatever he does next.

Truthfully, I felt bad for those guys most of the time. It seemed like sometimes they were just in over their heads with some of these things. They know what people want and they would try their damnedest to make it happen on the console, but working with the scraps that they were left with made it SO damn difficult not to have a piece of shit experience most of the time because of a piss poor engine.

PeteyKirch
10-03-2013, 05:34 PM
...fascinating...just fascinating...but he is from New Jersey.

Dude, you are 25 years old. Are you seriously that stupid ?

Why? Because the man refused to man up when issues that plagued the series that was his "baby" popped up year after year he appeared dumbfounded and would change the subject to something like LOOK 3D GRASS, or WIND SOCKS!

PeteyKirch
10-03-2013, 05:35 PM

When you're the "face" you're the fall guy.

It's not always fair, but that tends to be how the system works.

morsdraconis
10-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Why? Because the man refused to man up when issues that plagued the series that was his "baby" popped up year after year he appeared dumbfounded and would change the subject to something like LOOK 3D GRASS, or WIND SOCKS!

Bringing up shit from 4 or 5 games ago is meaningless. The team that worked on NCAA made HUGE strides in trying to bring back what made the PS2 era of their games amazing. Unfortunately, it was constantly plagued by bugs because of a poor engine and a console generation that just wasn't able to handle 22 fully rendered human skeletons on the screen at once all attempting to obey the laws of physics while colliding into each other.

ram29jackson
10-03-2013, 06:24 PM

you don't have any critical thinking skills to speak of at all.

CLW
10-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Look Ben was the "face" of the game to the community so he takes allot of heat. I dunno what his work on the actual game included but after the debacle one year he was practically the only guy that would do interviews and come out here and there and tell us about the game. Its not like he was the only person responsible for the game/series shortcomings.

I've NEVER met the guy but he comes across as a decent enough guy that really loves college football and video games.

I suspect many years he toed the company line and spat out the "talking points memo" on "wind socks" etc.... when he knew their were other things that should been addressed instead.

I also suspect he probably is unemployed at this time so it could be a long time before he is able to catch on somewhere else.

bdoughty
10-03-2013, 07:26 PM
you don't have any critical thinking skills to speak of at all.

http://i.imgur.com/NqMYxN0.gif

steelerfan
10-03-2013, 08:53 PM
I also suspect he probably is unemployed at this time

I don't.

JBHuskers
10-03-2013, 10:13 PM

Exactly.

jaymo76
10-04-2013, 08:03 PM

I didn't always agree with the NCAA decisions but in no way do I condone people taking shots at these guys now that they are out of work. These people have families and bills to pay just like the rest of us. I wish them all the best and hope they land on their feet.

SCClassof93
10-04-2013, 08:14 PM
I didn't always agree with the NCAA decisions but in no way do I condone people taking shots at these guys now that they are out of work. These people have families and bills to pay just like the rest of us. I wish them all the best and hope they land on their feet.

Jayrah
10-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Well said Jay.

cdj
10-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Polygon: Lawyers never intended for EA to stop making NCAA Football games (http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/5/4803216/ea-sports-ncaa-football-cancellation-lawyers-never-intended)

According to Aragon, there's no language in the settlement agreement that prevents EA from continuing to develop and publish college football games. In fact, said Aragon, "There's really nothing about future name, image or likeness use [in the agreement].

"There's nothing stopping [EA] from making the game, so long as they don't use players' names, images or likenesses. Or [they could] pay the students, which they didn't really agree to," said Aragon.

SmoothPancakes
10-05-2013, 11:40 AM
So, it does pretty much boil down to the douchebags at the NCAA allowing players to be paid (or the NCAA to just up and die) for this series to get off life support.

souljahbill
10-05-2013, 11:42 AM
All this game needs in generic named (and numbered) rosters with no roster share and it's good. Make everything about a kid editable about a player BUT his name and it'll still sell if it has all the teams/conferences/bowls etc. as I think most people are fans of a school moreso than fans of players.

Once again, do this and add all that customizable stuff they were working on and I'd (as well as a lot of others) still gladly buy it.

jaymo76
10-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Once again, do this and add all that customizable stuff they were working on and I'd (as well as a lot of others) still gladly buy it.

No Ohio St apparently, but I would have still bought. With the game now cancelled I really don't see it returning. I feel like I am losing a piece of my youth...