PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 14 - Title Update #2 Now Available

cdj
08-20-2013, 09:56 AM
NCAA Football 14 Title Update #2 is now available. If connected online, simply start up the game and you will be prompted to download the update.

Let us know your thoughts on this update once you get a chance to play. (The title update is 496 MB on the PlayStation 3.)

NCAA FOOTBALL 14 TITLE UPDATE #2 NOW AVAILABLE (http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news-updates-gameplay/article/ncaa-14-patch-2)

The second title update to NCAA Football 14 has arrived on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Players can download the update via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

The title update includes multiple fixes to streamline presentation and performance, as well as the following gameplay improvements and enhancements (among others):

Formation Subs Exploit
Fixed an exploit that allowed users to disconnect an online H2H game without receiving a loss or affecting DNF %

Coaching Carousel Update
Fixed an issue that prevented non-commissioner user teams from being offered new jobs in Online Dynasty

Defensive Back Hot Route Adjustment
Fixed an issue where some Defensive Back Hot Routes would not react correctly

Old Dominion Update
Fixed an issue where Old Dominion is referred to as “Big Blue” and not “Monarchs”

Vignette Slowdown
Addressed an issue where postplay vignettes did not trigger after touchdowns.

Grey Facemask Issue (PS3)
Fixed an issue where some teams had a grey facemask in-game regardless of user modifications on the PlayStation 3

PS3 Optimization
PS3 players will notice a much quicker overall experience with reduced hitches.

NCAA FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM UPDATES

Team Skill OVR Rating update
Fixed an issue where Team Skill OVR ratings appeared to be 99, but were actually only a 94
Players may see their OVR Team Skill Ratings adjusted after applying the title update
Please note that individual player OVR ratings have not changed at all.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?745-NCAA-Football-14-Title-Update-2-Now-Available

TheMacAttack
08-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Finally!

johntom2000
08-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Yes!!!!

psusnoop
08-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Anxious to see what is included

MrToo Brand New
08-20-2013, 10:43 AM
I hope they fixed the pathetic pass coverage. That's the main reason I haven't played the game as much as I normally would.

CLW
08-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Well this is probably it folks. We shall see if they tell us what was allegedly fixed and cross your fingers it doesn't open up a whole other can of worms.

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2013, 10:52 AM
I am HAPPY that we finally have an update to the game since the Day 1 patch. But for the love of god EA, where the hell is your communications team? Over a month since release, and not a single goddamn word about a patch until it's already been released. And on top of that, not a single goddamn word about WHAT's IN the patch yet. So far, I'm sorry to say, EA is completely dropping the ball with this NCAA launch.

I honestly hope they can get '14 to a playable state, to where it's as much fun as I had last year on '13. Even if they release College Football 15 next summer, after everything thus far with '14, I think I'll be skipping '15 completely. I've put up with a ton of issues from EA over the years, but I'm reaching the end of the rope with this release thus far.

SCClassof93
08-20-2013, 11:02 AM
I am HAPPY that we finally have an update to the game since the Day 1 patch. But for the love of god EA, where the hell is your communications team? Over a month since release, and not a single goddamn word about a patch until it's already been released. And on top of that, not a single goddamn word about WHAT's IN the patch yet. So far, I'm sorry to say, EA is completely dropping the ball with this NCAA launch.

I honestly hope they can get '14 to a playable state, to where it's as much fun as I had last year on '13. Even if they release College Football 15 next summer, after everything thus far with '14, I think I'll be skipping '15 completely. I've put up with a ton of issues from EA over the years, but I'm reaching the end of the rope with this release thus far.

This, coupled with the way they have treated buyers of TW14 :deadhorse: Just not really a company I want to support anymore :smh:

Jayrah
08-20-2013, 11:11 AM

First half - totally agree. Absolute travesty that they haven't said a word since release about this. Not even a hint and I was beginning to wonder if they were EVER gonna do it.

Second half - it's totally your opinion so I'm not trying to knock it, just surprised you haven't had much fun with the release so far. I'm having the time of my life because of the new engine regardless of the fixable issues

EDIT: Also, the fact that TGT had to contact EA for details on this update is nearly unacceptable.

DynastyJunkie
08-20-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm interested to see what they "fixed". I just downloaded the update.

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2013, 11:21 AM
First half - totally agree. Absolute travesty that they haven't said a word since release about this. Not even a hint and I was beginning to wonder if they were EVER gonna do it.

Second half - it's totally your opinion so I'm not trying to knock it, just surprised you haven't had much fun with the release so far. I'm having the time of my life because of the new engine regardless of the fixable issues

Yep. In the past, we always had some sort of mention from EA about an upcoming patch and what will be in the patch, usually around the time they submit it to Sony and MS. This time? Not a damn word until it's already been approved by Sony and MS and is available to download. And not a clue yet what it fixes (or breaks).

Agreed, it's just my opinion on it. Like I said, I've backed EA and defended them on issues for years, I've accepted issues for years, but I think I'm just starting to wear thin on them. I had a ton of fun last year on '13. I plowed through 6 seasons with Tulsa, the longest I've gone in a dynasty in a single version of the NCAA game (doing my dynasty posts here on the forum slows things down, otherwise I probably would have easily reached 15-20 seasons if I was just jumping in and out of games without having to type or post anything), because I was having fun with it.

As for '14, I do like the new engine. Compared to years past, the new engine and physics is great. It's the lack of defense that is killing the game for me. I want to play defensive battles. I want to play games that end up 7-3, 10-7, etc. I lost a game last year, playing as Tulsa against North Texas, that the final was 7-3. I lost a game against Ohio State 14-12. I had countless games where the winning score got no higher than 17, 20, 24 points. This year, with the complete lack of defense, where it's "whoever has the ball last will win", it's impossible to have games end 7-3 or 14-12 or 20-14. It's not fun for me. I want to have games that are offensive battles, and then the next week be a defensive battle. This nonstop offensive shootout, you'll win if you have the ball last crap just doesn't entertain me and ruins the game for me.

If EA fixes the defense in this game (which would be more like actually PUT a defense in this game), then I'll be good to go and all-in on '14 and will be playing it year-round again, especially since my interest in College Football 15 (if it ever ends up actually getting released) is already pretty much rock bottom. Hopefully they can make '14 a damn good game so I can play it for years down the road and keep getting my college football fix.

MrToo Brand New
08-20-2013, 11:31 AM
OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES: Improved lighting, upgraded 3D grass, patch added to Florida State uniform, decreased defensive AI and tackling angles, two new DC glitches, return of the pump fake glitch, addition of grey face masks, and improved cheerleader movements.

MrToo Brand New
08-20-2013, 11:33 AM
OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES: Improved lighting, upgraded 3D grass, patch added to Florida State uniform, decreased defensive AI and tackling angles, two new DC glitches, return of the pump fake glitch, addition of grey face masks, and improved cheerleader movements.

Obviously I'm not be serious. However that sums up my honest expectations based on past patches of previous NCAA games.

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Holy hell, it looks like they actually fixed some online glitches for a change. :D

From OS:

"Those of you who play ranked games online. Pause glitch is gone. Im playing guy who keeps pausing trying to trigger it. He is now on his 9th pause."

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2013, 12:10 PM
And OS posters are confirming that the grey facemasks on PS3 are fixed. Teams have their proper colored facemasks again. So that issue should be corrected. Just have to wait and see what the details are on gameplay, primarily DEFENSE.

TheGamingDisciple
08-20-2013, 12:14 PM
That OS poster would be me. Thanks in advance.

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2013, 12:16 PM
That OS poster would be me. Thanks in advance.

Nice to see you over here. Yeah, there's a good sized number of people here who play online ranked games, so figured that'd be something to get shared over here. I think I'm more surprised that EA may have actually fixed a glitch in online ranked games, considering the yearly threads and comments on multiple sites about glitches continuing to carry over from year to year without getting fixed.

JBHuskers
08-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Paused 9 times? :D Don't you get kicked after 4 or 5?

C00KH4X
08-20-2013, 12:55 PM
In theory someone could pause the game 10 times...you get 5 each half.

ram29jackson
08-20-2013, 02:23 PM
"Those of you who play ranked games online. Pause glitch is gone. Im playing guy who keeps pausing trying to trigger it. He is now on his 9th pause."

online gaming humor at its finest :D

ram29jackson
08-20-2013, 02:25 PM
yet still, I want to see this list of fixes

jaymo76
08-20-2013, 02:29 PM
496 mb patch for ps3. I am downloading now. However, most people on ps3 are reporting that it only really deals with the gray facemask issue and the no huddle play selection issue. Apparently peoople are not seeing or feeling any real gameplay improvements.

jaymo76
08-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Waking out the door so I could only play ten minutes... but... if you see gameplay improvements, then you are a better man than I. Zone d is awful and the middle is still wide open. Facemasks look great though!

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah, it's sounding like my hopes for fixes to the defense and zone have been shot dead in the water. :(

Didn't even get to keep my hopes up until the notes about what was "fixed".

Any chance in hell that I even give College Football 15 any chance next year is getting smaller and smaller. I have put up with lots of issues over the years in the NCAA games, but this year is quickly becoming the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

xMrHitStickx904
08-20-2013, 03:12 PM
I played a User v User Online Dynasty game ... zones played much better in that one game. Man defense on the boundary looks better too.

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2013, 03:15 PM
So since it sounds like the patch did absolutely nothing other than fix the grey facemasks on the PS3 and maybe speed up the playcall screen popping up during no huddles, and therefore the patch is worthless in fixing the gameplay, has there been ANY word from EA about a tuner update?

In years past they have always released a tuner update with a patch (basically making tuner updates completely goddamn worthless because instead of releasing them year round to correct issues, we get maybe 3 or 4 total) but so far no word of a tuner update with this patch. I still hold firm to my belief that a solid tuner update would fix a number of gameplay issues, especially on defense and especially regarding zone defense.

So far, a month after release, we've had literally jack shit for any mention of anything from EA, no press releases, no blogs, no "this is what we're focusing on fixing in the coming weeks", we had a patch dropped on us today will absolutely no word or warning whatsoever from EA about it coming out or what they would be fixing in it, and so far, not a single tuner update since release day.

Like I said earlier, this year's release, thus far, has been handled very piss poor by EA, especially on the communications side. When I, someone who has defended EA more than not on issues and bugs in the game, and on some of their practices regarding the game, patches, tuners, etc., when I am starting to reach the end of my rope and am ready to give EA the middle finger when it comes to the college football series, yeah, it has gotten bad. Thus far, there is nothing that I find worth the effort or time to defend EA about. I'm more pissed off with this release than anything. At least in '12 and '13, I could overlook issues in the gameplay and bugs and still played and had fun for most of the year until next release. This time around, I lasted a week before the issues just infuriated me to no end. I haven't touched '14 since. It's just been sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

It's honestly getting to the point, that I really am half tempted to scrap the '14 portion of my coaching carousel dynasty, and go back to '13 and just start over from where I left off at the end of my last year at Tulsa, and continue on from there. In that case, '14 will be quickly appearing on the used game shelf of your local Amazon webpage.

ram29jackson
08-20-2013, 03:18 PM
I played a User v User Online Dynasty game ... zones played much better in that one game. Man defense on the boundary looks better too.

I hope so

bdoughty
08-20-2013, 03:28 PM
I wonder if a Game Changer, the guys EA use to as intermediates between themselves and forums users, could get us a few bits of information.

When is a tuner expected?
What was in the patch?
Why does EA have the communication skills of a hermit who lives in a cave, thousands of miles underground, with no internet connection?

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2013, 03:34 PM
I wonder if a Game Changer, the guys EA use to as intermediates between themselves and forums users, could get us a few bits of information.

What was in the patch?
Why does EA have the communication skills of a hermit who lives in a cave, thousands of miles underground, with no internet connection?

:+1:
And :+1:

SCClassof93
08-20-2013, 03:35 PM
And :+1:

= +3.....math with smooth thread:D

ram29jackson
08-20-2013, 03:36 PM

What was in the patch?

because the fact is they simply aren't obligated. They, like most companies just use the internet to get impromptu surveys and get a feel what people like or don't and a few ideas to work around with. Internet access isn't an obligation to communicate with anyone for any reason.

SCClassof93
08-20-2013, 03:38 PM
because the fact is they simply aren't obligated. They, like most companies just use the internet to get impromptu surveys and get a feel what people like or don't and a few ideas to work around with. Internet access isn't an obligation to communicate with anyone for any reason.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ycg80exk1qjczh3o1_500.gif;)

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2013, 03:38 PM
= +3.....math with smooth thread:D

:D Well, we don't have a +3 smiley on this forum, so I had to work with what I had available. ;)

SCClassof93
08-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Where ea is concerned.........I'm really starting to feel like Charlie Brown :D:fp:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z205/JekyllnHyde_photos/August%2014%202012/lucyCharlieFootball2b.gif

JeffHCross
08-20-2013, 04:25 PM
I agree with pretty much everything said here, and I'm barely playing as it is. I can't imagine how frustrated guys actually playing are.

fisherjr33
08-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Maybe they are waiting for a number folks to download it so they can release an official "confirmed bugs this patch created" list instead of a "stuff we hope we might have fixed" list.

bdoughty
08-20-2013, 05:43 PM

So wrong I might have to come up with something new for :ram?: when you are so completely off base with reality. You might have had a point if this was say, 1995. :fp:

Do you buy games outside of the NCAA Series or games from other companies than EA Sports? If not let me introduce you to a little thing called customer service. You could write a book with the patch logs from the Fallout/Skyrim games but they give them to you to let you know what just hapened. many of times these companies are swell enough to give you the notes pre-download. It is not just a courtesy it is common sense. People have a right to know what the fuck they just downloaded. The devs of all the rest of the games I play offer patch notes. Microsoft and Sony give you the update notes when they do something to your system.

EA is so inept they can't answer a simple question like... Is there a second patch coming to TW 14?

So no, THEY are not like most video game developers in this regards.

To be honest Tiburon is the big offender here. EA Canada tends to be a little more open in their discussion with customers.

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2013, 06:08 PM
So wrong I might have to come up with something new for :ram?: when you are so completely off base with reality. You might have had a point if this was say, 1995. :fp:

Do you buy games outside of the NCAA Series or games from other companies than EA Sports? If not let me introduce you to a little thing called customer service. You could write a book with the patch logs from the Fallout/Skyrim games but they give them to you to let you know what just hapened. many of times these companies are swell enough to give you the notes pre-download. It is not just a courtesy it is common sense. People have a right to know what the fuck they just downloaded. The devs of all the rest of the games I play offer patch notes. Microsoft and Sony give you the update notes when they do something to your system.

EA is so inept they can't answer a simple question like... Is there a second patch coming to TW 14?

To be honest Tiburon is the big offender here. EA Canada tends to be a little more open in their discussion with customers.

Hell, look at Defiance. I was reading through the patch notes of their previous patches. It indeed is like a bloody book. Pages upon pages of patch notes. Usually weeks ahead of when the patch actually drops.

Here, it's been at least 8 hours since this thread was posted, and probably longer than that since the patch actually dropped on 360, and we still have no damn clue what is actually, officially in the patch, because EA refuses to post a damn thing about it. :fp:

And agreed. I have had very few issues or problems with games from EA Canada. I love and have very few issues with FIFA and NHL. Meanwhile, NCAA always has issues, Madden usually has a bunch of issues, and Tiger Woods, from what it sounds like, has gone over a cliff in the last two years since my last purchase (TW12) of it. So yeah, Tiburon seems to have a lot of issues, between NCAA, Madden and TW, while EA Canada's games are usually pretty solid.

ram29jackson
08-20-2013, 06:11 PM

I said like most companies not just video game companies dude. That is a fact-period. Sheesh dude,Stop being an obsessive dweeb already :). I'm glad you are happy with other developers and all but that doesn't detract or falsify the experiential fact I stated. Again, they aren't obligated. Anything beyond "hey, heres our game, buy it now" is a luxury for a video game or any company by and large. Small ticket items aren't wasting a lot of money on customer service on the internet. Giving details on a patch is not the same as actual customer service

cdj
08-20-2013, 06:15 PM
The article/first post now updated with patch details.

bdoughty
08-20-2013, 06:16 PM
I said like most companies not just video game companies dude. That is a fact-period. Sheesh dude,Stop being an obsessive dweeb already :). I'm glad you are happy with other developers and all but that doesn't detract or falsify the experiential fact I stated. Again, they aren't obligated. Anything beyond "hey, heres our game, buy it now" is a luxury for a video game or any company by and large. Small ticket items aren't wasting a lot of money on customer service on the internet. Giving details on a patch is not the same as actual customer service

Dear Lord,

Please give me the strength to endure this reply.

Love,

Brent

bdoughty
08-20-2013, 06:20 PM
The article/first post now updated with patch details.

See, that was not so hard, was it Tiburon? With that out of the way what about some tuning and gameplay fixes?

Jayrah
08-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Tuner update better be on it's way by the end of the week. Ridiculous that absolutely ZERO gameplay fixes were in an update 41 days AFTER release...

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Sigh. Yep, indeed disappointed. PS3 facemasks, Ultimate Team, a couple minor things here and there, and yeah, that's it. :fp:

I hope to god they release a tuner update this week to fix the defense. Otherwise, looks like no point for me to put NCAA in the disc tray and download the patch since I won't be playing it regardless.

jaymo76
08-20-2013, 06:32 PM
While I am happy they addressed the gray facemasks and a few ps3 visual issues, how did this update take almost 1.5 months?

ram29jackson
08-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Defensive Back Hot Route Adjustment
Fixed an issue where some Defensive Back Hot Routes would not react correctly

is that it ? defense was made crappy on purpose ? there better be a hardcore gameplay issues update by late September at least ?

DynastyJunkie
08-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Those are good fixes. But a tuner update is an absolute must. It needs to be top priority and released quickly. It's already been a month since the game was released and we've only received a non-gameplay update. So, get with it EA...

DynastyJunkie
08-20-2013, 06:51 PM
I agree with pretty much everything said here, and I'm barely playing as it is. I can't imagine how frustrated guys actually playing are.

You can't play the game with defensive difficulty set on Heisman. With a high overall defense my teams defense finished the season rank #126. I'm not stupid... I know how to play football. I never have trouble or at least I've never ranked last in pass defense in any other game. So, I've had to set the defensive difficulty to All-American and severely adjust the sliders to put defense in the game. Besides that I've really enjoyed the game. But for guys playing online it must be a nightmare. A tuner update is a must.

ram29jackson
08-20-2013, 07:19 PM
I just played a guy in NUT and had 4 deep blue zones...he passes deep down middle and theres no defender any where near anything involved with the play :fdown: this is just trash

I OU a Beatn
08-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Tuner update better be on it's way by the end of the week. Ridiculous that absolutely ZERO gameplay fixes were in an update 41 days AFTER release...

Agreed. I'm SHOCKED they fixed an online glitch, though...is that the first one in EA's history? :D

Jayrah
08-20-2013, 08:42 PM
You can't play the game with defensive difficulty set on Heisman. With a high overall defense my teams defense finished the season rank #126. I'm not stupid... I know how to play football. I never have trouble or at least I've never ranked last in pass defense in any other game. So, I've had to set the defensive difficulty to All-American and severely adjust the sliders to put defense in the game. Besides that I've really enjoyed the game. But for guys playing online it must be a nightmare. A tuner update is a must.
I've been playing with defense on heisman with no such issues

ram29jackson
08-20-2013, 08:54 PM
defense still sucks online-period.

now...my NUT team was a 94 last night and for some reason its a 91 today and I know nothing changed about it except getting a high rated Flutie card...so whats the deal here ?

DynastyJunkie
08-20-2013, 09:22 PM
I've been playing with defense on heisman with no such issues

Glad to hear bro. But for me here's a small example.... I got beat by the same team 2 years in a row by a Hail Mary with zero seconds left in the game. That might not seem like a big deal... But both times I was running Quarter formation and the play was 3 Man Deep. When the ball was thrown there was 4 or 5 DBs covering the WR. I have 90 Overall Safeties and 85-90 overall CBs who excel at man coverage and are very fast. And I'm constantly being burnt on deep passes, slant routes, post fades. It's like my CB with 95 man coverage rating, 97 Speed, and 90 awareness doesn't exist. I've tried everything to stop the passing game over the middle of the field. I've had 3 Coverage LBs in zone across the middle of the field while putting pressure on the QB and this only stops the bleeding since my safeties are apparently brain dead and couldn't cover a turtle running through peanut butter. Running zone coverage while blitzing a DB and stacking 3 LBs across the middle of the field is the only thing that helps the computer decide to do something else. Meanwhile, doing this is just asking for them to run the ball against me.... And my 250 LB 6'6 Linebacker with 99 tackle can't tackle a 180 Lb RB. Neither can my DL, other LBs, or DBs. I obviously mix things up and adjust to what the offense is running. I don't run one or two plays in one formation the whole game. But everything I do isn't good enough. After 3 seasons of that bull crap I decided to adjust the sliders. But the sliders didn't affect a whole lot in Heisman difficulty. So, I turned it to AA and it finally kicked in. I got sick and tired of shoot out games where we were both scoring 45-55 points every game. My defense isn't that bad and their offense isn't that good. Especially, when the opponent I'm playing is unranked Miami..........

DynastyJunkie
08-20-2013, 09:23 PM
defense still sucks online-period.

now...my NUT team was a 94 last night and for some reason its a 91 today and I know nothing changed about it except getting a high rated Flutie card...so whats the deal here ?

Did you read this part of the title update?

"NCAA FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM UPDATES

Fixed an issue where Team Skill OVR ratings appeared to be 99, but were actually only a 94
Players may see their OVR Team Skill Ratings adjusted after applying the title update
Please note that individual player OVR ratings have not changed at all."

ram29jackson
08-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Did you read this part of the title update?

"NCAA FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM UPDATES

Please note that individual player OVR ratings have not changed at all."

:D nope,.. besides no matter what my CBs are rated they cant cover diddly squat

CLW
08-20-2013, 10:03 PM
well nothing added to address the poor defense so it must have been intended or at least are happy with it?

ram29jackson
08-20-2013, 10:18 PM
well nothing added to address the poor defense so it must have been intended or at least are happy with it?

:fdown:

yep...I still hope for one more

http://www.dream-worlds.net/forum/uploads/100/CRYING_CRYING.gif

DynastyJunkie
08-20-2013, 11:01 PM
:D nope,.. besides no matter what my CBs are rated they cant cover diddly squat

I hear ya

jaymo76
08-21-2013, 12:08 AM

Or option three... they cannot fix it. Zone D was brutal last year too. Maybe they just cannot figure out how to fix it and have decided to pack it in and move on?

SmoothPancakes
08-21-2013, 04:33 AM
Or option three... they cannot fix it. Zone D was brutal last year too. Maybe they just cannot figure out how to fix it and have decided to pack it in and move on?

It wasn't great, but it also wasn't "whoever has the ball last wins". I lost games 7-3, 14-12, 14-10, etc. last year. Fat chance in hell I'll ever see a game end lower than 20-30 points this year. The zone D may have been brutal last year, but there at least WAS a zone D last year. This year there's no such thing. :smh:

Cap10 Morgan
08-21-2013, 06:05 AM
496 mb patch for ps3. I am downloading now. However, most people on ps3 are reporting that it only really deals with the gray facemask issue and the no huddle play selection issue. Apparently peoople are not seeing or feeling any real gameplay improvements.

Unlike most, I'll be extremely happy with this patch if this is true. I didn't see anything about fixing the no huddle and that's the only thing that really "broke" the game for me. Tired of the CPU running no huddle all game and never being able to pick a play or even call an audible. (Well they ARE nice and let me pick a play... AFTER the ball is snapped, lol)

SCClassof93
08-21-2013, 07:02 AM
It wasn't great, but it also wasn't "whoever has the ball last wins". I lost games 7-3, 14-12, 14-10, etc. last year. Fat chance in hell I'll ever see a game end lower than 20-30 points this year. The zone D may have been brutal last year, but there at least WAS a zone D last year. This year there's no such thing. :smh:

Have you tried 2 minute quarters yet?:D

jello1717
08-21-2013, 11:19 AM
I haven't seen this. I'd say that you can't play defense with a bad defense (which makes sense) but with my Michigan team's 99 defense they're entirely too good and it's sapping the fun from the games because of it. In 2017 I'm 8-0 and my D is ranked #1 in points, total yds, rushing yds, and passing yds (it's retarded to lead in both rushing and passing D). We've allowed single digits in half of our games this year and our last 2 games were shutouts until the backups allowed a score late. My guys probably force 3 and outs on roughly 20% of drives and the number of times we've entered the half with < 100 yds allowed is stupid. (My last game against #24 Michigan State we had allowed 24 yards of offense through 3.5 quarters)

This is what a good D can look like on Heisman:

But 2 years ago (when my D wasn't as good) we barely even made a bowl game because no matter how well my O played, my D was determined to play equally bad.

From what I've seen, the difference between a good D and a great D is extreme (too extreme). When you're average to good, you can struggle on D. When you're D is great, D gets stoopidly easy.

Noleacious
08-21-2013, 11:49 AM
I played after the patch last night and threw more interceptions in 3 games than in the previous 15.

jaymo76
08-21-2013, 12:07 PM
I played after the patch last night and threw more interceptions in 3 games than in the previous 15.

Placebo most likely as there were essentially no gameplay changes.

DynastyJunkie
08-21-2013, 12:15 PM
I haven't seen this. I'd say that you can't play defense with a bad defense (which makes sense) but with my Michigan team's 99 defense they're entirely too good and it's sapping the fun from the games because of it. In 2017 I'm 8-0 and my D is ranked #1 in points, total yds, rushing yds, and passing yds (it's retarded to lead in both rushing and passing D). We've allowed single digits in half of our games this year and our last 2 games were shutouts until the backups allowed a score late. My guys probably force 3 and outs on roughly 20% of drives and the number of times we've entered the half with < 100 yds allowed is stupid. (My last game against #24 Michigan State we had allowed 24 yards of offense through 3.5 quarters)

This is what a good D can look like on Heisman:

But 2 years ago (when my D wasn't as good) we barely even made a bowl game because no matter how well my O played, my D was determined to play equally bad.

From what I've seen, the difference between a good D and a great D is extreme (too extreme). When you're average to good, you can struggle on D. When you're D is great, D gets stoopidly easy.

I agree the difference is too extreme.

SmoothPancakes
08-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Sigh. I guess I'll bite the bullet and subject myself to the abuse once more just to see if there are any changes worth a damn. Supposedly, I repeat supposedly, people on OS are saying there have been changes to the defenses and gameplay, it's just EA didn't bother to say jack shit about EVERYTHING they changed (only a couple bullet points of changes), and that the gameplay changes "are falling into the 'among others' category" from their press release.

I'm not really doing anything this afternoon anyways, so it'd either be NCAA or Defiance. See if there's a snowball's chance in hell that I might actually get to fire my Utah State dynasty up again or if it's sitting on the shelf collecting dust while I wait (pointlessly no doubt) for patch #3 (and maybe actually a goddamn tuner update for a change).

ram29jackson
08-21-2013, 03:29 PM

its not nonexistent , I still use it a lot. Its just incredibly broken.

it breaks down a lot but ive been using 4-2-5 zones in the red zone with some success.

up the middle breaks down too early. And its not just the zones. Ive had a multitude of plays of the player being right where he needs to be and the ball is right there....for nothing :fdown:

both cpu reaction and human ballhawk are dead

SmoothPancakes
08-21-2013, 03:57 PM
its not nonexistent , I still use it a lot. Its just incredibly broken.

it breaks down a lot but ive been using 4-2-5 zones in the red zone with some success.

up the middle breaks down too early. And its not just the zones. Ive had a multitude of plays of the player being right where he needs to be and the ball is right there....for nothing :fdown:

both cpu reaction and human ballhawk are dead

For the CPU reaction and human ballhawk, are you still calling it dead even after the patch or just from your experience from before the patch?

It may be placebo, but some have been saying elsewhere that the CPU DBs have been playing a little bit tighter and a little bit better since the patch came out. It's still not perfect according to them, but better. I may have to do a hell of a ton of work on sliders, I don't think the sliders I was using before were doing much other than to partially mask the glaring issues from play to play.

But hopefully I can find a way to make it at least halfway playable, especially after as much fun as I had the whole year-long with '13. It'd be nice to get the same amount of enjoyment out of '14, especially since, whether '15 is released or not, any enthusiasm I have for it and desire to purchase it new (or even at all) next year is pretty much nil at this point. Between the steps backwards from last year to this year in gameplay (defensively at least) and the way EA has handled '14 thus far post-release (especially the lack of any and all communication on patches and/or tuners), it has completely killed my trust in this series any longer. Unfortunately, I've been kicked when I've been down and given the Charlie Brown treatment for too many years and for far too long, enough is enough.

jaymo76
08-21-2013, 05:13 PM
For the CPU reaction and human ballhawk, are you still calling it dead even after the patch or just from your experience from before the patch?

It may be placebo, but some have been saying elsewhere that the CPU DBs have been playing a little bit tighter and a little bit better since the patch came out. It's still not perfect according to them, but better. I may have to do a hell of a ton of work on sliders, I don't think the sliders I was using before were doing much other than to partially mask the glaring issues from play to play.

But hopefully I can find a way to make it at least halfway playable, especially after as much fun as I had the whole year-long with '13. It'd be nice to get the same amount of enjoyment out of '14, especially since, whether '15 is released or not, any enthusiasm I have for it and desire to purchase it new (or even at all) next year is pretty much nil at this point. Between the steps backwards from last year to this year in gameplay (defensively at least) and the way EA has handled '14 thus far post-release (especially the lack of any and all communication on patches and/or tuners), it has completely killed my trust in this series any longer. Unfortunately, I've been kicked when I've been down and given the Charlie Brown treatment for too many years and for far too long, enough is enough.

In the 10 minutes I played yesterday the middle of the field is WIDE open and pretty much any slant pattern is money. Personally I think people want to believe so badly that the defense is fixed that they are actually seeing the defense is fixed. I'm sorry, but I just don't see it in MY dynasty. But hey, if you someone thinks the game is playing better then who I am to judge? As is right now I am too immersed in Madden 13 CCM and the Madden 25 demo to worry either way. It's sad because I have ALWAYS been an NCAA first guy but in the last two years I have been moving to Madden. I'm just not seeing the direction I want with the NCAA Tiburon team.

SmoothPancakes
08-21-2013, 06:02 PM
In the 10 minutes I played yesterday the middle of the field is WIDE open and pretty much any slant pattern is money. Personally I think people want to believe so badly that the defense is fixed that they are actually seeing the defense is fixed. I'm sorry, but I just don't see it in MY dynasty. But hey, if you someone thinks the game is playing better then who I am to judge? As is right now I am too immersed in Madden 13 CCM and the Madden 25 demo to worry either way. It's sad because I have ALWAYS been an NCAA first guy but in the last two years I have been moving to Madden. I'm just not seeing the direction I want with the NCAA Tiburon team.

Yeah, I'm fearing that's the case, it's just the placebo effect and everyone wanting to believe they're seeing improvements in the gameplay. Very depressing overall with the way this has been handled this year. Like I've said numerous times, I've been a defender of EA on certain issues in the past and for years. Not anymore. College Football 15 (if it even ends up being released) is completely off my interest list for next year, as far as I'm concerned, college football video games are dead going into the future. It's to the point I almost don't even care if Keller ends up winning that bullshit lawsuit, because my interest in college football video games has almost entirely been destroyed by this one release.

Deuce
08-21-2013, 06:32 PM
I've played 2 games and can't really see a difference. That being said, the game is extremely random IMO. Beat teams I shouldn't and lose to teams I shouldn't way too often.

ram29jackson
08-21-2013, 07:03 PM
LOL screw this stupid shit ( its a game, i'll still play it but i'm pissed right now :D) kids don't even have to try at all i'm constantly getting beat on long passes with three defenders around the WR and he still catches the damn thing. I refuse to throw to what looks covered to me but these fucking idiots are just throwing it up for grabs and constantly succeeding. defenders don't react to shit, QBs run around like fucking Herschel Walker :D never falling from the first and or second hit. That said, I still play the game without trying to manipulate too much and with all the sexy blocking they said they have...I'm still running to all the guys who have the system wired and know all the fucking tricks and gimmicks. I'm losing to cpu manipulating cheesing dumb fucks or 5 year olds who just call 4 verts etc :D...running the ball is harder then last year in some cases.

i'm not a child, I don't give a flying fuck about user skills but for the love of God can I call a play and expect to see it work like it looks on paper ?

you told me triangle button was supposed to do something on defense...it doesn't do shit but waste my time pushing it LOL

its supposed to be a sports GAME , I'm supposed to have fun while doing the male sports loving thing of competing and sometimes winning. But I cant take every game being a freaking nail biter/shoot out, where its almost always beneficial to be down by 3 with the ball and 45 seconds left because defense is so pathetic :easy:

3rd and 12-19-24 is supposed to favor the fucking defense but it never fucking works that way. I hate myself..i'm so sick of no defense, I've gone on 4th down more times in 2 weeks then I did all of last year LOLOL :D because i'm sick of the abuse :sf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOK6mE7sdvs

ram29jackson
08-21-2013, 07:55 PM
LOL screw this stupid shit ( its a game, i'll still play it but i'm pissed right now :D) kids don't even have to try at all i'm constantly getting beat on long passes with three defenders around the WR and he still catches the damn thing. I refuse to throw to what looks covered to me but these fucking idiots are just throwing it up for grabs and constantly succeeding. defenders don't react to shit, QBs run around like fucking Herschel Walker :D never falling from the first and or second hit. That said, I still play the game without trying to manipulate too much and with all the sexy blocking they said they have...I'm still running to all the guys who have the system wired and know all the fucking tricks and gimmicks. I'm losing to cpu manipulating cheesing dumb fucks or 5 year olds who just call 4 verts etc :D...running the ball is harder then last year in some cases.

i'm not a child, I don't give a flying fuck about user skills but for the love of God can I call a play and expect to see it work like it looks on paper ?

you told me triangle button was supposed to do something on defense...it doesn't do shit but waste my time pushing it LOL

its supposed to be a sports GAME , I'm supposed to have fun while doing the male sports loving thing of competing and sometimes winning. But I cant take every game being a freaking nail biter/shoot out, where its almost always beneficial to be down by 3 with the ball and 45 seconds left because defense is so pathetic :easy:

3rd and 12-19-24 is supposed to favor the fucking defense but it never fucking works that way. I hate myself..i'm so sick of no defense, I've gone on 4th down more times in 2 weeks then I did all of last year LOLOL :D because i'm sick of the abuse :sf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOK6mE7sdvs

not to mention the fact that that God Damned run commit from blatant pass defenses is still very alive and well and works..don't fucking lecture me about what plays work against it or compare it to real football. Its fucking annoying and childish and videogamey bullshit that I hate seeing abused by these morons :nod: ...ok, i'm done ranting...for now...

SCClassof93
08-21-2013, 07:59 PM
not to mention the fact that that God Damned run commit from blatant pass defenses is still very alive and well and works..don't fucking lecture me about what plays work against it or compare it to real football. Its fucking annoying and childish and videogamey bullshit that I hate seeing abused by these morons :nod: ...ok, i'm done ranting...for now...

um, who are you talking to....???? ;)

bdoughty
08-21-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm supposed to have fun while doing the male sports loving thing of competing and sometimes winning.

http://i.imgur.com/wrIxxFR.jpg

bdoughty
08-21-2013, 08:09 PM
um, who are you talking to....???? ;)

The majority of serial killers come from which state? Be afraid Southern California, the long sock strangler may have just been born. I will be goggling California and sock killings daily for public safety.

ram29jackson
08-21-2013, 08:21 PM
The majority of serial killers come from which state? Be afraid Southern California, the long sock strangler may have just been born. I will be goggling California and sock killings daily for public safety.

....can anyone find socks with the EA logo on them for me ? :D they might come in handy

SCClassof93
08-21-2013, 08:23 PM
....can anyone find socks with the EA logo on them for me ? :D they might come in handy

To strangle bdoughty with :o

ram29jackson
08-21-2013, 09:01 PM
To strangle bdoughty with :o

no, I was jokingly pointing towards the makers of this years game...or where ever I went on my sock killing spree would have that trademark. I don't want my name to not be gold anymore :)

jaymo76
08-21-2013, 09:34 PM
I've played 2 games and can't really see a difference. That being said, the game is extremely random IMO. Beat teams I shouldn't and lose to teams I shouldn't way too often.

Yes, that's what makes it tough. The game is VERY random in how you play. My UNLV squad can beat Michigan in OT but get crushed by New Mexico St.

bdoughty
08-21-2013, 10:25 PM
no, I was jokingly pointing towards the makers of this years game...or where ever I went on my sock killing spree would have that trademark. I don't want my name to not be gold anymore :)

Leave a copy of NCAA Football 14 with every kill. That would be quite the signature.

SmoothPancakes
08-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Leave a copy of NCAA Football 14 with every kill. That would be quite the signature.

:nod:

SmoothPancakes
08-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Leave it to EA to claim something fixed and it still be fucked up.

Patch notes said that Old Dominion as fixed, so that they were correctly called the "Monarchs" in-game, instead of incorrectly being called "The Big Blue". Multiple people on OS are saying that Old Dominion is still being called "The Big Blue" in-game. :fp:

Great fix there EA, you win an award for that one! :fp:

bdoughty
08-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Tiburon, quality is job NONE.

ncaajunkie
08-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Did hurry up get fixed?

ram29jackson
08-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Did hurry up get fixed?

yes

Body15
08-22-2013, 07:34 PM
The touchdown glitch with the ball just rolling not doing anything, has not been fixed. Had it happen to me today.

gschwendt
08-22-2013, 07:42 PM
The touchdown glitch with the ball just rolling not doing anything, has not been fixed. Had it happen to me today.
It still happens but doesn't last for as long... will typically only last for 5 seconds whereas before it would run out the entire clock.

ram29jackson
08-22-2013, 08:17 PM
while a guy did hurry up...I called a time out and while the clock didn't run till a penalty this time...it didn't run off any time at all and just stayed there until there guy decided to pause game

ncaajunkie
08-22-2013, 09:06 PM
They fixed it! Can't wait to play when I get off work and try it. So if they fixed no huddle I wonder what they screwed up doing that? Lol

JBHuskers
08-23-2013, 12:49 PM

If you hit X or A, it usually kicks out right away.

gigemaggs99
08-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Did hurry up get fixed?

Played my first game last night since the update, VERY NICE that they fixed the hurry-up animation. Now that it is fixed, I'd say this game is pretty darn good. :up: