Atlanta d. Seattle

Super Bowl XLVIII

Atlanta d. Denver

skipwondah33
08-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Hmm not bad picks

Believe Houston finishes higher than 3rd in their division though

Don't care how bad Matt Schaub seems lol

Indy had a seemingly light schedule last season and an emotional boost. Tough to repeat their success IMO

JBHuskers
08-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Hmm not bad picks

Believe Houston finishes higher than 3rd in their division though

Don't care how bad Matt Schaub seems lol

Indy had a seemingly light schedule last season and an emotional boost. Tough to repeat their success IMO

Just not sold on Houston. They really didn't go out and make improvements.

Indy wasn't that far off from being a great team, just one bad year to enable them to get Luck. Star to watch this year, T.Y. Hilton.

morsdraconis
08-12-2013, 01:46 PM
You've lost you're fuckin' mind if you think Dallas is going to win the NFC East. :smh:

SmoothPancakes
08-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Just not sold on Houston. They really didn't go out and make improvements.

Indy wasn't that far off from being a great team, just one bad year to enable them to get Luck. Star to watch this year, T.Y. Hilton.

I'm gonna love watching T.Y. Hilton in the pros. Even better being in Indy, since their games show up on TV most weeks. I got to enjoy playing with him one year in NCAA '12, now get to watch him on TV. He already had a big touchdown play in Indy's first preseason game, so he's already showing flashes of skill on the field. He's gonna be a big target and weapon for Luck and the Colts this year.

GatorfanStovy
08-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Screw Seattle being first. Sf will blow'em out don't worry.

baseballplyrmvp
08-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Screw Seattle being first. Sf will blow'em out don't worry.

kinda like last season? ;)

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2013, 01:09 AM
Just a few short weeks away :)) :))

My predictions:

Pretty similar to what I'm thinking. Predictions I'm gonna roll with for this year:

AFC East
AFC North
AFC South
AFC West

1. New England
1. Cincinnati
1. Indianapolis
1. Denver

2. Buffalo
2. Pittsburgh
2. Houston
2. San Diego

3. Miami
3. Baltimore
3. Jacksonville
3. Kansas City

4. New York Jets
4. Cleveland
4. Tennessee
4. Oakland

NFC East
NFC North
NFC South
NFC West

1. New York Giants
1. Green Bay
1. Atlanta
1. Seattle

2. Washington
2. Chicago
2. New Orleans
2. San Francisco

3. Dallas
3. Minnesota
3. Tampa Bay
3. St. Louis

4. Philadelphia
4. Detroit
4. Carolina
4. Arizona

AFC Wild Card Round

Byes: Cincinnati, Denver

Houston d. New England

Indianapolis d. Pittsburgh

NFC Wild Card Round

Byes: Atlanta, Green Bay

Seattle d. Chicago

San Francisco d. New York Giants

AFC Divisional Round

Denver d. Houston

Cincinnati d. Indianapolis

NFC Divisional Round

Atlanta d. Seattle

Green Bay d. San Francisco

AFC Championship

Denver d. Cincinnati

NFC Championship

Atlanta d. Green Bay

Super Bowl XLVIII

Denver d. Atlanta

Yes, homerish obviously, me being a Denver Broncos fan. :D But I honestly thought they had the tools to get the job done last year, and still believe they would have if they hadn't fucked it up against Baltimore. While Denver has some lost veterans that they need to replace going into this season, they should still be right up there. Plus, Peyton Manning has now had two full off-seasons and a full season to mesh with the Denver offense, with some added offensive weapons in the off-season free agency and draft. That's only going to make the offense that much more dangerous than it already was last year. As long the defense can either at least hold steady compared to last year or even just slightly improve, that I think will be enough to get Denver over the hump this year and propel them into the Super Bowl, setting up a rematch of Super Bowl XXXIII.

JBHuskers
08-13-2013, 11:34 AM
You've lost you're fuckin' mind if you think Dallas is going to win the NFC East. :smh:

Can't always go stock. There's always some surprise.

skipwondah33
08-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Not homerism Smooth

Denver will definitely win their division and likely have the #1 or #2 seed in the AFC.

steelerfan
08-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Not homerism Smooth

Denver will definitely win their division and likely have the #1 or #2 seed in the AFC.

Since February, I've said Denver versus San Francisco. So far, nothing has changed that opinion. We'll see what happens.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

JBHuskers
08-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Tom Brady creepin' on the trainer :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rtyNBacI-D4

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/442/817/ScreenShot2013-08-12at12.47.24PM_crop_north.png?w=650&h=440&q=75

morsdraconis
08-13-2013, 03:22 PM
:D :D :D

Respect.

CLW
08-13-2013, 05:38 PM
WTF Predictions:

AFC East
AFC North
AFC South
AFC West

1. New England
1. Baltimore
1. Houston
1. Denver

2. Miami
2. Cincinnati
2. Indianapolis
2. Kansas City

3. Buffalo
3. Pittsburgh
3. Tennessee
3. San Diego

4. NY Jets
4. Cleveland
4. Jacksonville
4. Oakland

NFC East
NFC North
NFC South
NFC West

1. Washington
1. Green Bay
1. Atlanta
1. Seattle

2. NY Giants
2. Chicago
2. New Orleans
2. San Fran

3. Dallas
3. Minnesota
3. Carolina
3. St. Louis

4. Philadelphia
4. Detroit
4. Tampa Bay
4. Arizona

AFC Wild Card Round

Byes: Denver; Houston

New England d. Cincinnati

Baltimore d. Indianapolis

NFC Wild Card Round

Byes: Green Bay; Seattle

San Fran d. Washington

Atlanta d. NY Giants

AFC Divisional Round

Houston d. New England

Denver d. Baltimore

NFC Divisional Round

Atlanta d. Seattle

AFC Championship

Denver d. Houston

NFC Championship

Green Bay d. Atlanta

Super Bowl XLVIII

Green Bay d. Denver

CLW
08-13-2013, 06:34 PM
RGIII finding out the circus/joke the media has become.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9565152/robert-griffin-iii-says-there-no-conflict-washington-redskins-coach-mike-shanahan

JBHuskers
08-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Will be fun to see who's right with the predictions :nod:

psusnoop
08-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Why not, here goes:

AFC East
AFC North
AFC South
AFC West

1. New England
1. Pittsburgh
1. Houston
1. Denver

2. Buffalo
2. Baltimore
2. Indianapolis
2. Kansas City

3. Miami
3. Cincinnati
3. Tennessee
3. San Diego

4. NY Jets
4. Cleveland
4. Jacksonville
4. Oakland

NFC East
NFC North
NFC South
NFC West

1. NY Giants
1. Green Bay
1. Atlanta
1. San Fran

2. Dallas
2. Chicago
2. New Orleans
2. Seattle

3. Washington
3. Minnesota
3. Carolina
3. St. Louis

4. Philadelphia
4. Detroit
4. Tampa Bay
4. Arizona

AFC Wild Card Round

Byes: Denver; New England

Baltimore d. Houston

Indy d. Pittsburgh

NFC Wild Card Round

Byes: Green Bay; Atlanta

San Fran d. Dallas

NY Giants d. Seattle

AFC Divisional Round

New England d. Baltimore

Denver d. Indy

NFC Divisional Round

Atlanta d. Seattle

AFC Championship

Denver d. New England

NFC Championship

Green Bay d. Atlanta

Super Bowl XLVIII

Denver d. Green Bay

psusnoop
08-14-2013, 08:55 AM
It took everything I had not to be a homer and run the Steelers to the Super Bowl :D

SmoothPancakes
08-14-2013, 09:09 AM
A lot of love for Atlanta, Denver and Green Bay on here. :D

And if we're all correct, I'm going to enjoy this season, and the playoffs, as a Denver fan. :)

SmoothPancakes
08-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Not homerism Smooth

Since February, I've said Denver versus San Francisco. So far, nothing has changed that opinion. We'll see what happens.

Yeah, I have no doubt that Denver is gonna be, or at least SHOULD be tops in AFC West and will be right up there again at or among the top of the AFC. I was more referring to my running Denver to the Super Bowl, and winning, as potential homerism for me. I truly believe Denver has it in them to win the Super Bowl this year (hell, I thought they had the tools to win it last year), but as I was going through predicting the playoff winners, I couldn't help but feel like I was being a homer advancing Denver through the playoffs each round.

psuexv
08-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Sleeper pick to make the playoffs........ San Diego

JBHuskers
08-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Sleeper pick to make the playoffs........ San Diego

Deep sleeper based on my predictions of a last place finish :D

psuexv
08-14-2013, 09:33 AM

Just remember where you heard it :easy:

skipwondah33
08-14-2013, 09:50 AM
RGIII finding out the circus/joke the media has become.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9565152/robert-griffin-iii-says-there-no-conflict-washington-redskins-coach-mike-shanahanPretty much :fp:

Goodness not sure I could handle that part of being a pro athlete.

skipwondah33
08-14-2013, 10:08 AM
I never like making predictions but here are my thoughts

Note: My pick for Pittsburgh advancing was with all bias aside. I like their match up against both Patriots and Colts honestly should they have to play both.

AFC East
AFC North
AFC South
AFC West

1. New England
1. Pittsburgh
1. Houston
1. Denver

2. Miami
2. Cincinatti
2. Indianapolis
2. Kansas City

3. Buffalo
3. Baltimore
3. Tennessee
3. San Diego

4. NY Jets
4. Cleveland
4. Jacksonville
4. Oakland

NFC East
NFC North
NFC South
NFC West

1. NY Giants
1. Green Bay
1. Atlanta
1. San Francisco

2. Dallas
2. Minnesota
2. New Orleans
2. Seattle

3. Washington
3. Chicago
3. Carolina
3. Arizona

4. Philadelphia
4. Detroit
4. Tampa Bay
4. St. Louis

AFC Wild Card Round

Byes: Denver; New England

Cincinatti d. Houston

Pittsburgh d. Indy

NFC Wild Card Round

Byes: Green Bay; San Francisco

Atlanta d. Dallas

Seattle d. NY Giants

AFC Divisional Round

Pittsburgh d. New England

Denver d. Cincinatti

NFC Divisional Round

Atlanta d. Green Bay

San Francisco d. Seattle

AFC Championship

Denver d. Pittsburgh

NFC Championship

San Francisco d. Atlanta

Super Bowl XLVIII

Denver d. San Francisco

GatorfanStovy
08-14-2013, 02:07 PM
I'll take sf vs Denver.

ram29jackson
08-14-2013, 02:18 PM

did you do this last year ? do you still have your last year predictions ?

JBHuskers
08-14-2013, 02:45 PM
did you do this last year ? do you still have your last year predictions ?

Yep.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5574-2012-NFL-Talk&p=157342&viewfull=1#post157342

psuexv
08-14-2013, 02:56 PM
the Lord works in mysterious ways

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/23150399/tom-brady-leaves-practice-after-apparent-knee-injury

Breathe, Boston. Breathe. But you need to know that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady left practice on Wednesday afternoon after taking a hit to his left knee -- the same, gulp, one he injured in 2008 when he missed the entire season -- and limping gingerly off the field.

It's unclear how Brady actually ended up on the ground, but according to multiple reports from folks at the scene, Brady took a while to stand up and then moved gingerly off the field.

Brady then met with Bill Belichick, Josh McDaniels and Jim Whalen and left the field to head into the practice bubble (presumably never, at least for today, to return.)

If you really want to crank up the old panic meter, feel free to read deeply into Robert Kraft leaving the field as well:

It's more than likely that Kraft, understandably, left the field to check with everyone on how his star quarterback was doing.

Inconceivably, it happens to be Tim Tebow's birthday today.

Canes Fan
08-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Dustin Keller tears MCL,ACL,PCL and dislocates his knee!

GatorfanStovy
08-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Sf and KC agree in a trade Baldwin heads to sf and Jenkins goes to KC.

SmoothPancakes
08-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Meh. A disappointing first round draft pick swapped for a disappointing first round draft pick. Doubt either player will find any better success on their new teams.

jaymo76
08-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Right now I am loving the Seahawks. Personally I think the division is theirs for the taking and I think SF is going to take a step back, albeit a small one.

JBHuskers
08-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Dustin Keller tears MCL,ACL,PCL and dislocates his knee!

Finally saw the hit. Don't think it was dirty.

skipwondah33
08-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Finally saw the hit. Don't think it was dirty.Wouldn't say dirty

But he could have easily went higher than directly at his knees

He was damn near digging gopher holes before the ball was caught

And even if he hit him high he still shouldn't have hit his head/helmet

Note who is my favorite team mind you

I had an injury eerily similar back in high school. Tore MCL, PCL and meniscus. Hell Dr said I'd very likely never play sports again, granted I didn't have world renowned Docs performing the surgery and the best rehab facilities.

Don't think he is going to be able to continue his career though

JBHuskers
08-21-2013, 06:09 PM
If he went higher, he probably would have been fined :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

skipwondah33
08-21-2013, 07:43 PM
He could have went higher than that man without a fine....just like Ray Lewis did. Problem is Ray wanted that type of contact. DJ didnt want that and it was clear as he was damn near on the ground before the ball was caught lol

Chest, stomach....his back, either of those.

It's preseason

Tony G's response below

http://usat.ly/16ejYXd

psuexv
08-22-2013, 12:32 PM
LOL Craig T. Nelson cracked me up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AdjSUSvlWSQ

psuexv
08-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Sunday Ticket coming to You Tube :dunno:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23251828/could-google/youtube-be-in-the-mix-for-nfl-sunday-ticket

DirecTV currently owns the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, the satellite package that telecasts every out-of-market regular-season NFL game. But their contract expires after the 2014 season, and that could open the door for other media companies to bid on the subscription that costs DirecTV $1 billion a year.
One such media company: Google.

Google CEO Larry Page and YouTube content chief Robert Kyncl met with NFL officials, including commissioner Roger Goodell on Wednesday, according to AllThingsD.com, and NFL Sunday Ticket was among the topics discussed.

In a world where content -- both written and video -- continues to migrate online (Hulu, Netflix and, yes, YouTube have all had success with original content and/or traditional television programming), it's reasonable to think that Google, which reported $14.1 billion in revenues last quarter, would be interested in the exclusive rights to the most popular game in the country.

In March, DirecTV CFO Pat Doyle was asked about the future of Sunday Ticket and he said that DirecTV would consider striking a non-exclusive deal with the NFL or possibly dropping Sunday Ticket altogether.

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. A Google-NFL meet-and-greet is a long way from a deal, and the notion of the league abandoning television for internet-only Sunday Ticket viewing is a pretty radical one. AllThingsD.com adds: "Goodell and other NFL executives are meeting with multiple Silicon Valley companies on this trip, which is one they make annually."

So for now, Sunday Ticket remains DirecTV-only, subscription-based programming that costs subscribers anywhere from $224.95 to $299.95 (for new subscribers, Sunday Ticket is free for one season). But in 18 months, that could all change, especially if the NFL has multiple bidders.

JBHuskers
08-22-2013, 02:54 PM
I think we will finally get an affordable Season Ticket soon.

GatorfanStovy
08-22-2013, 05:17 PM
So what does this mean for You Tube ? watching football games live , like streaming etc?

skipwondah33
08-23-2013, 10:54 AM
I'd rather not have to depend on my internet connection to watch a game. I'd rather leave that up to my gaming

I've gotten Sunday Ticket for free from Direct TV last year and year before. Wasn't able to this year, but they did give me a discount on it for the Max one, $19.99/5 payments.

skipwondah33
08-29-2013, 11:58 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9612138/judge-nfl-players-settle-concussion-suit

Bring back the 'rough and tough' football days of the past when players didn't were allowed to head hunt and other things

Today's football players want that again

CLW
08-29-2013, 01:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9612138/judge-nfl-players-settle-concussion-suit

Bring back the 'rough and tough' football days of the past when players didn't were allowed to head hunt and other things

Yeah they want that again until their careers are over and they have major health issues. Then they sue the NFL again. The game of football is NEVER going back to the way it was. In fact, you are going to see more and more rules/regs in the name of player safety. I suspect in 20 years if you look at a "football" game then compared to a game back then they will BARELY resemble each other.

psuexv
08-29-2013, 02:14 PM

Yeah they want that again until their careers are over and they have major health issues. Then they sue the NFL again. The game of football is NEVER going back to the way it was. In fact, you are going to see more and more rules/regs in the name of player safety. I suspect in 20 years if you look at a "football" game then compared to a game back then they will BARELY resemble each other.

While I agree with Skip and think the players do want it, CLW is definitely right. It's never going to happen and I completely understand the NFL's view. One of the big holding points for the last CBA was retired player health care. They players want better care after they retire so of course the NFL will do what they can to keep them as healthy as possible during their playing days.

skipwondah33
08-29-2013, 03:27 PM
While I agree with Skip and think the players do want it, CLW is definitely right. It's never going to happen and I completely understand the NFL's view. One of the big holding points for the last CBA was retired player health care. They players want better care after they retire so of course the NFL will do what they can to keep them as healthy as possible during their playing days.I was being sarcastic about them wanting it to be like it was

...so they could file a lawsuit later (like Culpepper, Clinton Portis, etc)

psuexv
08-29-2013, 03:34 PM
I was being sarcastic about them wanting it to be like it was

...so they could file a lawsuit later (like Culpepper, Clinton Portis, etc)

Ahhh.... I do think that most of them do want it to be somewhat like it was. At least that's what they say publicly anyway.

jaymo76
08-31-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm surprised it took this long to cut Tebow. You have to wonder if that's it or is a team is in need of jersey sales?

SmoothPancakes
08-31-2013, 09:02 PM
I can't see someone wasting the money (AND roster slot). It's one thing in preseason with the expanded rosters, but on a 53-man roster, it's a waste of a slot that could be better used for depth somewhere else. He's a third string QB, that's pretty much all he'll ever be. All of the starters in this league, even at Kansas City and Jacksonville, are better than he is. At least half of the backups in this league (hell, maybe even all of them since they at least can be sort of average) are better than he is.

QB ratings of 0.0. 40.something, etc is not going to get the job done. Barely completing one third of your passes is not going to get the job done. He needs to either accept that his chances at being an NFL QB are done and be willing to switch to TE (where teams may be willing to pick him up then) or else he's gonna have to find something else outside of the NFL.

Teams have had three and a half years (on three different teams) to see how he does at QB, and it is not even remotely pretty. Other than trying to increase some jersey sales, no team is going to be desperate enough to pick up Tebow to even be part-time QB on the field for them.

volsfan
09-03-2013, 11:29 AM
I kind of hope that Youtube or some internet deal can be made for NFL Sunday ticket. It would be nice for people that don't have cable or want to pay for Sat as well and can watch the games on TV via the net.

JBHuskers
09-03-2013, 01:53 PM
I kind of hope that Youtube or some internet deal can be made for NFL Sunday ticket. It would be nice for people that don't have cable or want to pay for Sat as well and can watch the games on TV via the net.

It would make Chromecast even better if there was a YouTube subscription offer.

JBHuskers
09-03-2013, 11:23 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/1209135_588172444562781_644352947_n_zps4d083cdd.jp g

Rudy
09-05-2013, 08:14 AM
The NFL should provide post retirement health care until death (if you played long enough). I think they give it to the players for their first 5 years after retirement but that isn't when they need it. Of course as Canadian I feel EVERYONE should get good health care regardless of income but that is another argument.

Take a look at former Bengals LB Reggie Williams' knee: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/former-bengals-lb-reggie-williams-had-24-surgeries-160141006.html

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/nr0kQLBgch6_c1kg1OUAUA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/Ex-Cincinnati-Bengal-fighting-to-save-leg-Cincinnati.com-cincinnati.com-Google-Chrome-8272013-93312-AM.jpg

JBHuskers
09-05-2013, 12:33 PM
:nod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilpiYHKbSAw#t=25s

SmoothPancakes
09-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Almost. :D

Damn weather. :glare:

Definitely looks windy as a motherfucker though. Gonna make for some very difficult field goals (and maybe even PATs).

GatorfanStovy
09-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Right now the game is on a weather delay. i'm shocked . these annoucers are so dumb. it's annoying. just put the players out there. It's not MLB baseball gawd damn it nfl don't turn it MLB and delay every game because of sprinkles . :fp::fp:

SmoothPancakes
09-05-2013, 08:00 PM
:fp: :ram?:

It's called lightning numbnuts. You go stand out in the middle of a wide open 100 yard space with a bunch of various bits of metal on you from your helmet and pads, with an ongoing lightning storm, and tell how you like it.

ram29jackson
09-05-2013, 10:40 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18z9wetaxhdnzgif/original.gif

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Domination! Ugly first half, but second half, pure and utter domination. Peyton Manning becomes the 6th QB in NFL history and first since Joe Kapp in 1969 to throw 7 touchdown passes in a game. :clap:

Broncos also hand Baltimore the largest margin of defeat in a season opener by a defending Super Bowl champion.

GatorfanStovy
09-06-2013, 03:04 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18z9wetaxhdnzgif/original.gif

:bang: i bet that player gets cut asap .. must of hurt..

morsdraconis
09-06-2013, 04:36 AM
THAT, my friends, is why Baltimore won't be going back to the Super Bowl and WAY overpaid shitty QB Flacco. What Manning did last night will NEVER be done by Flacco or come anywhere close to it. I hope that smug Harbaugh fuck loses every game this year. Fuck him and his San Fran brother.

JBHuskers
09-06-2013, 10:44 AM
We don't need to clog the forum with weekly NFL threads....merging with the main talk thread.

GatorfanStovy
09-06-2013, 12:48 PM
My bad JB . I wasn't sure if we could do weekly threads or not.

ram29jackson
09-06-2013, 03:24 PM
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9760/eq7v.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/eq7v.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

punter
09-08-2013, 08:51 AM
I've been a die hard Falcons fan for 22 seasons now, although I'd love to see them win a Superbowl at some point in time. They always seem to find away to disappoint there fans. This could be the year they win it, but I won't get my hopes up.

souljahbill
09-08-2013, 10:17 AM
I've been a die hard Falcons fan for 22 seasons now, ...
Sorry to hear that.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/08/aqa8e9uh.jpg
#WhoDat

GatorfanStovy
09-08-2013, 12:45 PM
who is watching games today? Lions and Vikings are a good one right now. Close game . AP broke for a 78 yard td run nothing out of them since then.

The real game is on later GB vs SF. Gonna be a fun one to watch here in GB . Wish I was at a bar or something .

SmoothPancakes
09-08-2013, 12:51 PM
I really need to get DirecTV. First week of the NFL season, and my only options for NFL games right now are Miami at Cleveland and Minnesota at Detroit. It's like trying to choose between getting kicked in the nuts by Bruce Lee or kicked in the nuts by Chuck Norris. Either way, it's gonna hurt.

GatorfanStovy
09-08-2013, 01:17 PM
I really need to get DirecTV. First week of the NFL season, and my only options for NFL games right now are Miami at Cleveland and Minnesota at Detroit. It's like trying to choose between getting kicked in the nuts by Bruce Lee or kicked in the nuts by Chuck Norris. Either way, it's gonna hurt.

http://atdhe.to/ this my friend is your best choice right now if u can handle the ads. It even has NFL Redzone. if you need to just hook it up to your tv and wham all the games u need.

ram29jackson
09-08-2013, 02:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTp12M-IIAAQsU4.jpg

ram29jackson
09-08-2013, 03:42 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/6276/ibxg.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/ibxg.png/)

http://imageshack.us/a/img199/9071/tw0k.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/199/tw0k.png/)

ram29jackson
09-08-2013, 03:50 PM
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/51/cdoq.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/cdoq.png/)

GatorfanStovy
09-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Smith stats are still laughable . he won't reach 300 yard games even at KC. He's not that kind of QB.

SF needs to get there butt in gear and busy. These slow starts are not good.

ram29jackson
09-08-2013, 04:24 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img17/7137/t1v4.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/t1v4.png/)

http://imageshack.us/a/img821/9717/rwp8.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/rwp8.png/)

ram29jackson
09-08-2013, 04:34 PM
hope springs eternal

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8035/w7h2.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/w7h2.png/)

ram29jackson
09-08-2013, 05:11 PM
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1715/0m6a.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/0m6a.png/)

SmoothPancakes
09-08-2013, 05:16 PM
I went to a Jags-Chiefs game, and all I got was mooned.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18zjuf34lkzczgif/ku-xlarge.gif

ram29jackson
09-08-2013, 05:24 PM
we lost, but haha I pulled your pants down neener neener !!!!

ram29jackson
09-08-2013, 05:31 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3180491/peterson.gif

ram29jackson
09-08-2013, 05:36 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3182249/kaephit_medium.gif
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3182233/sffight_medium.gif

ram29jackson
09-08-2013, 05:50 PM
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1360/205z.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/205z.png/)

Rudy
09-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Browns and Dolphins was ugly for most of it. Had free week 1 preview so got to watch. Almost wish I didn't. Wallace was a non factor and still lacks chemistry with Tannehill but drew Haden in coverage letting Hartline and Gibson do well. Wallace bitched about only one catch. Dumb move. Dolphins OL was HORRID. Running game AWFUL. Defence was stellar although Grimes disappointed.

skipwondah33
09-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Think Steely McBeam even suffered an injury yesterday in the Steelers game

Hope we have better injury luck rest of the way

And blocking...

Rudy
09-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Dwyer back with Steelers. Surprised Miami, Cleveland or some other team didn't try picking him up.

punter
09-09-2013, 04:45 PM
The Falcons have a RT that is awwwwwwwwwwwwful, I can't believe this guy made the team and to top it off became the starter. There has to be another RT out there somewhere who needs a job.

morsdraconis
09-09-2013, 06:45 PM
(sigh) I hate football. Why do I watch this shit when every team I like is shit?

jaymo76
09-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Attn: coach Shanahan... put in Cousins!!! RGIII looks rusty, winded, slow and a little bit scared. He should not have started this game (as I said all along) and at this point you only risk injury leaving him in.

JBHuskers
09-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Rust has worn off now.

ram29jackson
09-09-2013, 09:16 PM
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/1558/5fcx.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/5fcx.png/)

ram29jackson
09-10-2013, 07:12 PM
https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/536215_628782570478155_903271674_n.jpg

ram29jackson
09-11-2013, 03:03 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3193253/riversISBACKBABY.gif

ram29jackson
09-11-2013, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz7-ihqRBsk

JBHuskers
09-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Media asked Jamaal Charles of KC if he was ready to play Sunday against Dallas. He said yep. The guy asked him at what percent are you going to be at? And Charles said "I'll be at ready to play percent" :D

skipwondah33
09-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Hahaha that's hilarious

morsdraconis
09-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Good. Fuck the media and their dumb ass questions.

ram29jackson
09-13-2013, 05:05 PM
http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/eli-manning-peyton-manning-2013-preview.jpg

SmoothPancakes
09-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Denver is just fucking themselves right now. Dropped pass, stupid fucking penalties, fumbles. Fuck!

ram29jackson
09-15-2013, 05:08 PM
I picked the Rams to lose today and they did..oh well

SmoothPancakes
09-15-2013, 05:30 PM
And yet more fucking penalties by the Denver defense. Pull your fucking heads out of your asses you goddamn fucks!

SmoothPancakes
09-15-2013, 05:36 PM
This is fucking ridiculous. Hey refs, why don't you stupid motherfuckers sucking Eli's and the Giants cocks some more, you fucking jackasses. Go fucking kill yourselves.

ram29jackson
09-15-2013, 06:08 PM
This is fucking ridiculous. Hey refs, why don't you stupid motherfuckers sucking Eli's and the Giants cocks some more, you fucking jackasses. Go fucking kill yourselves.

LOL Denver wasn't going to lose this game from the get go

SmoothPancakes
09-15-2013, 06:34 PM
LOL Denver wasn't going to lose this game from the get go

They've pulled away now. But the refs were sure trying to fuck them over as much as possible the first half and part of the third quarter. Some of the biggest bullshit calls I have ever seen in one football game.

punter
09-15-2013, 07:18 PM
I picked the Rams to lose today and they did..oh well

I pick the Rams to lose every week and they do.. oh well:D

baseballplyrmvp
09-15-2013, 07:45 PM
squidward throws a pick at the seattle 1 yard line!!!!!!

ram29jackson
09-15-2013, 07:58 PM
I pick the Rams to lose every week and they do.. oh well:D

:) no they played above .500 last year and beat the 2 best teams in the division last time I checked.

you might want to retake a couple math classes :D

punter
09-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Cool then I can tell you how much above .500 a 7-8-1 record is. :confused:

Final score Team record
1 September 9 12:00 p.m. CDT at Detroit Lions L 23–27
2 September 16 3:05 p.m. CDT Washington Redskins W 31–28
3 September 23 12:00 p.m. CDT at Chicago Bears L 6–23
4 September 30 12:00 p.m. CDT Seattle Seahawks W 19–13
5 October 4 7:20 p.m. CDT Arizona Cardinals W 17–3
6 October 14 12:00 p.m. CDT at Miami Dolphins L 14–17
7 October 21 12:00 p.m. CDT Green Bay Packers L 20–30
8 October 28 12:00 p.m. CDT New England Patriots L 7–45
9 Bye
10 November 11 3:25 p.m. CST at San Francisco 49ers T 24–24
11 November 18 12:00 p.m. CST New York Jets L 13–27
12 November 25 3:25 p.m. CST at Arizona Cardinals W 31–17
13 December 2 12:00 p.m. CST San Francisco 49ers W 16–13 (OT)
14 December 9 12:00 p.m. CST at Buffalo Bills W 15–12
15 December 16 12:00 p.m. CST Minnesota Vikings L 22–36
16 December 23 12:00 p.m. CST at Tampa Bay Buccaneers W 28–13
17 December 30 3:25 p.m. CST at Seattle Seahawks L 13–20 7–8–1

ram29jackson
09-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Cool then I can tell you how much above .500 a 7-8-1 record is. :confused:

Final score Team record
1 September 9 12:00 p.m. CDT at Detroit Lions L 23–27
2 September 16 3:05 p.m. CDT Washington Redskins W 31–28
3 September 23 12:00 p.m. CDT at Chicago Bears L 6–23
4 September 30 12:00 p.m. CDT Seattle Seahawks W 19–13
5 October 4 7:20 p.m. CDT Arizona Cardinals W 17–3
6 October 14 12:00 p.m. CDT at Miami Dolphins L 14–17
7 October 21 12:00 p.m. CDT Green Bay Packers L 20–30
8 October 28 12:00 p.m. CDT New England Patriots L 7–45
9 Bye
10 November 11 3:25 p.m. CST at San Francisco 49ers T 24–24
11 November 18 12:00 p.m. CST New York Jets L 13–27
12 November 25 3:25 p.m. CST at Arizona Cardinals W 31–17
13 December 2 12:00 p.m. CST San Francisco 49ers W 16–13 (OT)
14 December 9 12:00 p.m. CST at Buffalo Bills W 15–12
15 December 16 12:00 p.m. CST Minnesota Vikings L 22–36
16 December 23 12:00 p.m. CST at Tampa Bay Buccaneers W 28–13
17 December 30 3:25 p.m. CST at Seattle Seahawks L 13–20 7–8–1

ok lol must have counted a couple preseason games..that said 7-8-1 is not an - I pick them to lose every time and they do territory :) especially beating Seattle and SF

SmoothPancakes
09-15-2013, 08:34 PM
ok lol must have counted a couple preseason games..that said 7-8-1 is not an - I pick them to lose every time and they do territory :) especially beating Seattle and SF

When you lose to the Lions and the Jets, yes, yes it is. :D

ram29jackson
09-15-2013, 08:59 PM
When you lose to the Lions and the Jets, yes, yes it is. :D

maybe, but they appear to be in a better place/ middle ground/ less troublesome then those franchises at this point...2 games in , not much to go on yet for anyone

baseballplyrmvp
09-15-2013, 11:00 PM
forty whiners are sure lookin good tonight. :D

JBHuskers
09-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Da Bears with a hell of a comeback after almost pissing it down their leg. But they're 2-0, both wins against 2012 playoff teams. Big Sunday night game against Pittsburgh next week.

psuexv
09-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Big Sunday night game against Pittsburgh next week.

That'll be cool that the Bears will be 3-0

ram29jackson
09-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Da Bears with a hell of a comeback after almost pissing it down their leg. But they're 2-0, both wins against 2012 playoff teams. Big Sunday night game against Pittsburgh next week.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3226891/jayclutchler_medium.gif

trying to find the one where he hit the ref in the head though

ram29jackson
09-16-2013, 12:05 PM
found

http://www.csnchicago.com/sites/csnchicago/files/cutlergif_1.gif

steelerfan
09-16-2013, 12:22 PM

Sigh. I'm afraid you are correct. :(

ram29jackson
09-16-2013, 12:50 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3225797/lacey.gif

ram29jackson
09-16-2013, 12:59 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3226691/riverslol_medium.gif

ram29jackson
09-16-2013, 01:07 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1808953/809084759.gif

skipwondah33
09-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Da Bears with a hell of a comeback after almost pissing it down their leg. But they're 2-0, both wins against 2012 playoff teams. Big Sunday night game against Pittsburgh next week.It's painful watching Christian Ponder

That pick 6 was hilarious, he NEVER took his eyes off the damn WR!!!

They won't be making playoffs this season

I flipped between that game and Eagles/Chargers.

On another note, as much as I want to say it's a big game next week...man the injury bug is unkind to the Steelers. Just hope to make it out of this game without a significant injury.

We'll be working on Offensive Line combination #582 this week

steelerfan
09-16-2013, 02:18 PM
C'mon, skip, it's not that bad.

Replace All-Pro Center with a Free Agent less than a week before kickoff? :easy:

JBHuskers
09-16-2013, 02:44 PM

Sigh. I'm afraid you are correct. :(

On another note, as much as I want to say it's a big game next week...man the injury bug is unkind to the Steelers. Just hope to make it out of this game without a significant injury.

We'll be working on Offensive Line combination #582 this week

Okay, big game in the sense that it will be the only game on TV :nod:

Good Jay Cutler just has to outnumber Bad Jay Cutler, and they'll win.

JBHuskers
09-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Cutler is in a walk year, but I think he's really acclimated to the new offense very quickly. At this point, I hope they re-sign him.

steelerfan
09-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Just snapped tonight that Bengals DC Mike Zimmer resembles Todd Packer from The Office. :P

JBHuskers
09-17-2013, 12:54 AM
So hopefully THAT Pittsburgh offense shows up on Sunday night.

Rudy
09-17-2013, 05:02 AM
I think losing Mike Wallace really hurt the Steelers. Not only is he a big playmaker that has averaged around 8 TDs a year but his speed forces safeties to respect the deep ball and keeps them out of the box on running plays. The Steelers are in salary cap hell right now though. They couldn't have kept Wallace if they wanted to and it seems they will be in cap trouble next year too. Losing Pouncey at C really hurt. When the Steelers can't run the ball they just aren't the Steelers.

skipwondah33
09-17-2013, 08:09 AM
I think losing Mike Wallace really hurt the Steelers. Not only is he a big playmaker that has averaged around 8 TDs a year but his speed forces safeties to respect the deep ball and keeps them out of the box on running plays. The Steelers are in salary cap hell right now though. They couldn't have kept Wallace if they wanted to and it seems they will be in cap trouble next year too. Losing Pouncey at C really hurt. When the Steelers can't run the ball they just aren't the Steelers.I really don't

Losing him doesn't make the Offense any better these past two games. Sure sucks to lose another playmaker, but he wasn't the cure all that's for sure. His drops and attitude started to show as well thus the reason Antonio Brown was given a contract extension before him. You may get to see soon when he starts getting the case of the drops.

On another note Todd Haley....smh

He called a reverse for a WR I'm probably faster than at the moment (sarcasm but still)

steelerfan
09-17-2013, 10:51 AM
The bigger loss, at the moment, for Pittsburgh is Heath Miller. Period. He'll be back soon though.

I agree with Skip about Haley. His offense is horrible, stale, unimaginative, etc. I'm ready for his exit. I was never a Bruce Arians hater (large segment of Steeler Nation was) and I was not impressed with Haley from Day 1.

JBHuskers
09-17-2013, 12:34 PM
The bigger loss, at the moment, for Pittsburgh is Heath Miller. Period. He'll be back soon though.

I agree with Skip about Haley. His offense is horrible, stale, unimaginative, etc. I'm ready for his exit. I was never a Bruce Arians hater (large segment of Steeler Nation was) and I was not impressed with Haley from Day 1.

Why was everyone hating on Arians?

steelerfan
09-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Why was everyone hating on Arians?

Because he threw the ball too much for their liking. The perception is that Pittsburgh should have a great run game. The fact is, they haven't had one since 2007 and have gone to 2 Super Bowls since then ('08, '10).

morsdraconis
09-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Because he threw the ball too much for their liking. The perception is that Pittsburgh should have a great run game. The fact is, they haven't had one since 2007 and have gone to 2 Super Bowls since then ('08, '10).

Yup. Even the media's dumb ass would constantly talk about the vaunted running game of the Steelers, nevermind the fact that they were constantly throwing the ball just as much if not more than running the ball.

skipwondah33
09-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Because he threw the ball too much for their liking. The perception is that Pittsburgh should have a great run game. The fact is, they haven't had one since 2007 and have gone to 2 Super Bowls since then ('08, '10).True on him being hated a good bit

His play calling was odd at times (I recall that Ravens playoff game) a few seasons ago, damn Draw plays

I never disliked him really.

But damn Haley is going to mess around and get Tomlin fired

Rudy
09-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Mike Wallace doesn't drop many passes. The NFL average at the position is 12% drops on catchable balls (88% complete). He caught 64/70 catchable balls last year, 75/80 in 2011, 73/82. Every year has been better than league average. He did not have a good year last year but I don't see the evidence for dropped passes - at least based on PFF's numbers. (He's dropped one pass this year vs. 10 catches).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/data/by_player.php?tab=by_player&season=2012&surn=wallace&playerid=5007&group=5&pre=REG&pre=REG

steelerfan
09-17-2013, 05:06 PM
The ones he drops are third down conversions and easy touchdowns.

JBHuskers
09-18-2013, 05:26 PM
WOW The Colts trade for Trent Richardson.

Rudy
09-18-2013, 09:22 PM
That's a big trade. The Colts have made two of them the last two years (Vontae Davis). I'm not a big Trent Richardson fan. I thought he would be better in the pros. He's hurt far too often and his yards per carry has been too low. He doesn't make enough big plays. I do think he's a solid back but nothing special. A first round pick is fair value (it will be in the bottom half of the first round) for him. Quite frankly Cleveland might have made out well by getting a first round pick for him and signing McGahee to carry the load is good.

souljahbill
09-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Colts now have their new Manning/Edge/Harrison/Wayne in Luck/Richardson/Wayne/Hilton. Find a Dallas Clark and it's déjà vu.

CLW
09-18-2013, 09:47 PM
I guess that makes my Ahmad Bradshaw late fantasy round pick pretty much worthless now. :smh: damn browns

ram29jackson
09-18-2013, 11:18 PM
That's a big trade. The Colts have made two of them the last two years (Vontae Davis). I'm not a big Trent Richardson fan. I thought he would be better in the pros. He's hurt far too often and his yards per carry has been too low. He doesn't make enough big plays. I do think he's a solid back but nothing special. A first round pick is fair value (it will be in the bottom half of the first round) for him. Quite frankly Cleveland might have made out well by getting a first round pick for him and signing McGahee to carry the load is good.

think about it though. He now has a better line blocking for him

Rudy
09-19-2013, 05:39 AM
There's just something about Trent missing. His 3.5 ypc is horrible and that can't all be blamed on the Browns. The Bama backs have not been as good as people thought they would be. The one thing the Colts did get a steal on is his salary. The Browns paid Trent a lot of money for one season ($13.7 in bonus and salary in 2012). Trent will be a small blip on the Colts salary cap while he still costs $3.5M against the cap for the Browns this year and over $6.5M next year.

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/the-trent-richardson-trade/

Rudy
09-19-2013, 05:40 AM
If you guys ever want to see what game is covered where, go to www.the506.com . You know automatically if you are getting the game or not.

skipwondah33
09-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Mike Wallace doesn't drop many passes. The NFL average at the position is 12% drops on catchable balls (88% complete). He caught 64/70 catchable balls last year, 75/80 in 2011, 73/82. Every year has been better than league average. He did not have a good year last year but I don't see the evidence for dropped passes - at least based on PFF's numbers. (He's dropped one pass this year vs. 10 catches).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/data/by_player.php?tab=by_player&season=2012&surn=wallace&playerid=5007&group=5&pre=REG&pre=REG

The ones he drops are third down conversions and easy touchdowns.

Bingo

Go back to the Bengals games alone last year...he dropped 2 TD's in one game (4 passes total that game).

ram29jackson
09-19-2013, 01:21 PM
There's just something about Trent missing. His 3.5 ypc is horrible and that can't all be blamed on the Browns. The Bama backs have not been as good as people thought they would be. The one thing the Colts did get a steal on is his salary. The Browns paid Trent a lot of money for one season ($13.7 in bonus and salary in 2012). Trent will be a small blip on the Colts salary cap while he still costs $3.5M against the cap for the Browns this year and over $6.5M next year.

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/the-trent-richardson-trade/

simple answer...when you are the only offensive weapon, teams key on you. The Browns suck throughout. The offensive line sucks. I honestly think he'll do better at the Colts....and madden ratings never lie, he's good LOL

ram29jackson
09-19-2013, 03:38 PM
that's right Jim, I'm leaving Cleveland

http://forshiggles.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/jim-brown-trent-richardson.jpg

Rudy
09-19-2013, 08:26 PM
simple answer...when you are the only offensive weapon, teams key on you. The Browns suck throughout. The offensive line sucks. I honestly think he'll do better at the Colts....and madden ratings never lie, he's good LOL

That's funny. AP seemed to gain over 2000 yards last year while being keyed on. There is NO excuse for averaging 3.5 ypc if you are an elite back imo.

Rudy
09-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Bingo

Go back to the Bengals games alone last year...he dropped 2 TD's in one game (4 passes total that game).

Honestly, local fans are harder on their own players than the national media is. Wallace is an elite talent. I know he did not play well last year but he was a great player for you guys.

steelerfan
09-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Honestly, local fans are harder on their own players than the national media is. Wallace is an elite talent. I know he did not play well last year but he was a great player for you guys.

Keep believing, buddy. :up:

ram29jackson
09-19-2013, 09:26 PM
That's funny. AP seemed to gain over 2000 yards last year while being keyed on. There is NO excuse for averaging 3.5 ypc if you are an elite back imo.

who said Trent's an elite back ? AP is a freak-period...and he probably for all intents and purposes has a better o-line LOL

ram29jackson
09-19-2013, 10:55 PM
3-0
Chiefs

Rudy
09-20-2013, 05:51 AM
Keep believing, buddy. :up:

I am believing. Over the last 3 years Mike Wallace has 26 TDs which ties him for 3rd best in the NFL over that time frame. Wallace is exactly what Miami needed - a WR that can get TDs. Last year Miami's WRs combined for 1 TD! Wallace will get 8 to 10 TDs a season and has elite speed to keep them from keeping a safety in the box. Scoring TDs is the name of the game and Wallace IS elite in this area imo.

1 *Calvin Johnson 33
2 *Dez Bryant 27
3 *Mike Wallace 26
3 *James Jones 26
5 *Greg Jennings 25
5 *Marques Colston 25
5 *Roddy White 25
8 *Jordy Nelson 24
9 *Dwayne Bowe 23
9 *Mike A. Williams 23
11 *Steve Johnson 23

skipwondah33
09-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Honestly, local fans are harder on their own players than the national media is. Wallace is an elite talent. I know he did not play well last year but he was a great player for you guys.No I've just watched every snap of him play. Just as you could tell me more about the play of your WR's or Jake Long when he played there, etc

His play then and all together didn't warrant Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald type money. His performance, complaints and drops didn't justify thus changing my opinion on him.

Still the honeymoon phase...it's early. Yeah he's great for you guys...the Dolphins were desperate enough to sign Ochocinco. Hell TO would have been great for you guys.

I wouldn't call James Jones an elite WR. I'd call him an average WR that is a product of a system and top 3 QB (possibly top QB in the league) that helps. Mind you 2 of his other WR's are also on that list. And Jones is tied with Wallace.

gschwendt
09-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Holmgren speaks out on the Richardson trade... mentions that he offered the Colts all of their draft picks for Luck.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/mike_holmgren_blasts_cleveland.html

Rudy
09-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Holmgren speaks out on the Richardson trade... mentions that he offered the Colts all of their draft picks for Luck.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/mike_holmgren_blasts_cleveland.html

The fact Holmgren hates the trade is a good sign for Browns fans. He was terrible in the front office. Just do a Costanza and do the opposite. The money is a big negative though. Colts get low salaries for years and Brownies have a lot if dead money.

In the end it's all pointless if they don't get a franchise QB.

psuexv
09-20-2013, 01:59 PM
No I've just watched every snap of him play. Just as you could tell me more about the play of your WR's or Jake Long when he played there, etc

His play then and all together didn't warrant Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald type money. His performance, complaints and drops didn't justify thus changing my opinion on him.

Still the honeymoon phase...it's early. Yeah he's great for you guys...the Dolphins were desperate enough to sign Ochocinco. Hell TO would have been great for you guys.

I wouldn't call James Jones an elite WR. I'd call him an average WR that is a product of a system and top 3 QB (possibly top QB in the league) that helps. Mind you 2 of his other WR's are also on that list. And Jones is tied with Wallace.

Mike Wallace is also a system WR. Before Haley we just let him fly down the field and he'd just run past people. This opened some underneath throws for him but that's not where a majority of his catches came from. Last year, different system where he didn't go deep and a completely different result. Could he have grown into the system, maybe but he's got a lot of work to do to get there IMO.

steelerfan
09-20-2013, 02:15 PM
I am believing. Over the last 3 years Mike Wallace has 26 TDs which ties him for 3rd best in the NFL over that time frame. Wallace is exactly what Miami needed - a WR that can get TDs. Last year Miami's WRs combined for 1 TD! Wallace will get 8 to 10 TDs a season and has elite speed to keep them from keeping a safety in the box. Scoring TDs is the name of the game and Wallace IS elite in this area imo.

1 *Calvin Johnson 33
2 *Dez Bryant 27
3 *Mike Wallace 26
3 *James Jones 26
5 *Greg Jennings 25
5 *Marques Colston 25
5 *Roddy White 25
8 *Jordy Nelson 24
9 *Dwayne Bowe 23
9 *Mike A. Williams 23
11 *Steve Johnson 23

If you need an 80-yard TD in a 20-point game, Wallace is your man for sure.

ram29jackson
09-20-2013, 02:20 PM
yep, that college stuff works in the pro's :smh:

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/swinggate.gif

ram29jackson
09-20-2013, 02:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2xEYtZC00

SmoothPancakes
09-20-2013, 02:34 PM
3-0
Chiefs

What in the howling blue thunderfuck is going on this season?

JBHuskers
09-20-2013, 02:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2xEYtZC00

:D

ram29jackson
09-20-2013, 03:46 PM
What in the howling blue thunderfuck is going on this season?

I know you already know but its simply a coach letting his players play to their strengths.

you heard what they said the KC running back was quoted as saying by the guys in the booth last night ? he said Reid told him ..." just do what you do"...the previous coaches always keyed on .."don't do this, don't do that etc"

and of course he is missed By Eagles Players. One man can only do so much to get to a Super Bowl. He is respected for all he does.

and then theres all the personal things he's gone through in his family

ram29jackson
09-20-2013, 03:54 PM
2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E4DbP7NMTQ

steelerfan
09-20-2013, 04:11 PM
He is respected for all he does.

Well, except for parenting of course.

Rudy
09-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Well, except for parenting of course.

Ouch!!

I would honestly never want to be an NFL coach. I'm very involved with my kids and I'll take a day off to go to Track & Field and I help out in baseball and some other sports. To miss all of that like NFL head coaches do and sleep on couches in their office is not a job I ever want. Andy must feel some guilt over that with his sons and one he'll never get back.

CLW
09-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Wow San Fran about to be 1-2 and in a HUGE hole in the NFC West race.

baseballplyrmvp
09-22-2013, 06:03 PM

the 40-whiners are overrated, and their fans are idiots. :D

a week after complaining that the Seahawks fans were too loud (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23721252/49er-fans-write-to-newspaper-complaining-about-seahawks-loud-stadium), how it created an unfair homefield advantage similar to taking ped's, and was in general, very unsportsmanlike, they had the audacity to post this on twitter:

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1231571_622284571127686_211459381_n.jpg

CLW
09-22-2013, 06:06 PM
the 40-whiners are overrated, and their fans are idiots. :D

a week after complaining that the Seahawks fans were too loud (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23721252/49er-fans-write-to-newspaper-complaining-about-seahawks-loud-stadium), how it created an unfair homefield advantage similar to taking ped's, and was in general, very unsportsmanlike, they had the audacity to post this on twitter:

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1231571_622284571127686_211459381_n.jpg

Meh I dunno about overrated as they lost to two really good football teams and beat another really good team. I'd imagine San Fran has had the toughest 3 game opening stretch of any of the contenders. They will make the playoffs but without HFA I imagine the NFC will go through Seattle now which will be a really tough out.

punter
09-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Being a Falcons fan is almost like being a Cubs fan.........:bang:

baseballplyrmvp
09-22-2013, 06:44 PM
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p280x280/1235936_520141411397344_1434824359_n.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

overrated is perfectly fine. they're still a good team, but they're not the great team that most people thought they were.

souljahbill
09-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Being a Falcons fan is almost like being a Cubs fan.........:bang:

#WhoDat

Rudy
09-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Very happy Miami pulled it out against Atlanta. Atlanta embarrassed Miami's defence in the first half but they made enough stops in the second half forcing Atlanta to settle for FGs instead of TDs. More luck than skill but Miami battled hard in the second half and won late. Tannehill playing well. Really hope Wake is healthy after hurting his knee. We'll need him healthy against the Saints. Big game next Monday!

jaymo76
09-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Attention Houston and Atlanta... I have given up hope in any chance for you two in getting to a SB... :down:

ram29jackson
09-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Meh I dunno about overrated as they lost to two really good football teams and beat another really good team. I'd imagine San Fran has had the toughest 3 game opening stretch of any of the contenders. They will make the playoffs but without HFA I imagine the NFC will go through Seattle now which will be a really tough out.

no , the Packers are obviously not good..especially where it counts at the offensive line

ram29jackson
09-22-2013, 10:37 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img854/8580/stco.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/stco.png/)

dhook27
09-22-2013, 10:45 PM
The NFC East is TERRIBLE this year my cowboys should easily take the division if Romo and the running game stays consistent.

psuexv
09-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Steelers showed some life last night. Doubt they can turn it around but here's to hoping

steelerfan
09-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Steelers showed some life last night. Doubt they can turn it around but here's to hoping

0-3 for the first time since 1986. Not looking good, buddy. I won't be holding my breath.

skipwondah33
09-23-2013, 12:04 PM
I keep hearing media say "these aren't the Steelers who could run the ball at will and force turnovers by the drop of a hat"

They make it seem like it was so easy in the past. I want to see these magical Madden Steelers as well

JBHuskers
09-23-2013, 12:35 PM

2.5% of teams starting 0-3 have made the playoffs under the current format I think I saw. Last one being the Bills in 98.

JBHuskers
09-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Also....3-0 baby!

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y389/JBHuskers/Forum%20Pics/dabears_zpsc3b0c28f.jpg

CLW
09-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Yep the Steelers are going to have to rebuild now. Could be a LONG way to go too as there just aren't many playmakers on offense, the o-line isn't that good and the defense is getting old and/or the best players are gone. Ben probably only has 5 more good years left too which means about the time Pittsburgh is competitive again they will need a new QB.

steelerfan
09-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Yep the Steelers are going to have to rebuild now. Could be a LONG way to go too as there just aren't many playmakers on offense, the o-line isn't that good and the defense is getting old and/or the best players are gone. Ben probably only has 5 more good years left too which means about the time Pittsburgh is competitive again they will need a new QB.

There is a lot wrong with this statement.

psuexv
09-23-2013, 01:15 PM

There is a lot wrong with this statement.

yeah I don't think they are in for a complete rebuild. The major issue is injuries and has been for the past couple of years. Now do you rebuild based off of the fact that you can't stay healthy, maybe. Oline has Pouncy and Decastro as young anchors if they can be healthy. Mike Adams and Marcus Gilbert are playing "ok" right now but are young and hopefully continue to get better. Sanders and Brown are explosive WRs and Bell has the potential to be a solid RB hoping he stays healthy.

Defensively they are fine. They are still good and getting young slowly :) They are currently 5th in the NFL in yards against and I remember at one point deep in the 3rd last night Chicago still didn't have 100 yards rushing or passing. The biggest issue they are facing is they are not getting turnovers and the offense is creating too many turnovers and putting the defense in bad situations.

It's tough for your defense when you give up 14 points on INT and fumble returns and then have scoring drives of less than 20 yards.

M.Forte 5 yd. run (R.Gould kick is good) Drive: 4 plays, 17 yards in 1:37
R.Gould 32 yd. Field Goal Drive: 6 plays, 14 yards in 3:23

ram29jackson
09-23-2013, 02:26 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/09/23/JayCutler.gif
Also....3-0 baby!

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y389/JBHuskers/Forum%20Pics/dabears_zpsc3b0c28f.jpg

ram29jackson
09-23-2013, 02:43 PM
oooww

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3267921/finley.gif

JBHuskers
09-23-2013, 04:26 PM
He was running off the field like :sf: leaving a bar Friday morning.

ram29jackson
09-26-2013, 10:18 PM
Rams suck.

but the 49ers don't look that great still and wont be going on any championship run either like the last 2 years

ram29jackson
09-27-2013, 03:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuCA7gZXExE

CLW
09-27-2013, 06:58 AM
Jacksonville Jaguars Offer Fans Free Beer To Buy Tickets
http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/09/26/jacksonville-jaguars-offer-fans-free-beer-to-buy-tickets/

JBHuskers
09-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Jacksonville Jaguars Offer Fans Free Beer To Buy Tickets
http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/09/26/jacksonville-jaguars-offer-fans-free-beer-to-buy-tickets/

I'll be a fan!

ram29jackson
09-27-2013, 12:59 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1828715/811357057_medium.gif

ram29jackson
09-29-2013, 09:37 PM
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/original-5.gif

Canes Fan
09-30-2013, 03:49 PM
My older brother played against Geno Smith in highschool.

skipwondah33
09-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Rudy if your watching right now in 2nd quarter that's the Mike Wallace I know

psuexv
09-30-2013, 09:44 PM

:)

Rudy
10-01-2013, 04:55 AM
That game snowballed out of hurry last night. The Saints made all kinds of plays in the passing game and Miami didn't. Graham had that nice TD catch and Wallace let that deep ball go through his hands. In a big game like that we needed those big plays. The Saints hit quite a few deep balls last night and they let them convert too many third and longs to Sproles. Tannehill and Wallace were not good on two crossing plays either. Giving up that TD before half hurt and the 3rd quarter was brutal. I was hoping for something better than that.

SmoothPancakes
10-01-2013, 05:12 AM
Who's ready for a LATE game on Sunday night? Due to game two of the Tigers-Athletics ALDS, with first pitch not coming until 9:07 PM Saturday night, the Chargers-Raiders game has been pushed back from 4:15 PM EST to 11:35 PM EST! And instead of being broadcast on CBS, it will now be aired on NFL Network. So we now get two Sunday Night Football games, with the second one probably going until 3 in the morning. :D

steelerfan
10-01-2013, 06:11 AM

:)

Wallace let that deep ball go through his hands.....Tannehill and Wallace were not good on two crossing plays either.

Among receivers, only Calvin Johnson has a contract that includes more guaranteed money per year than Mike Wallace. Wallace routinely drops touchdowns and third downs, unless the game is out of hand already. Wallace has had an impact in just 1 of 4 games this year. Wallace admits that he loses focus if he doesn't get the ball early and often. Wallace started complaining Week 1 this year.

Yeah, not worth it.

morsdraconis
10-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Who's ready for a LATE game on Sunday night? Due to game two of the Tigers-Athletics ALDS, with first pitch not coming until 9:07 PM Saturday night, the Chargers-Raiders game has been pushed back from 4:15 PM EST to 11:35 PM EST! And instead of being broadcast on CBS, it will now be aired on NFL Network. So we now get two Sunday Night Football games, with the second one probably going until 3 in the morning. :D

:smh:

I most certainly won't be watching that. Jesus christ.

skipwondah33
10-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Among receivers, only Calvin Johnson has a contract that includes more guaranteed money per year than Mike Wallace. Wallace routinely drops touchdowns and third downs, unless the game is out of hand already. Wallace has had an impact in just 1 of 4 games this year. Wallace admits that he loses focus if he doesn't get the ball early and often. Wallace started complaining Week 1 this year.

Yeah, not worth it.http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18adrlobj9wowgif/original.gif

skipwondah33
10-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Just wow, damn shame the guy in the Chargers jersey wasn't even doing anything. Shit not sure what in that video constitutes getting hit with a damn bottle in head....either one of them.

The hero in the Cowboys T-shirt stuffing his face had to get in on the action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SwHsm4-yDW8

jaymo76
10-01-2013, 11:17 PM

Being on the leftcoast I totally approve of this message! Kids in bed; wife upstairs reading; TV is mine! It's Raider time...

ram29jackson
10-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Pretty much like all pac 12 night games anyway...like, this Thursday UCLA IS around 7:30 pm

JBHuskers
10-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Being a night owl, I love it!

Rudy
10-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Being a night owl, I love it!

I'm the exact opposite. I have a hard time staying awake until 11 pm let alone a game that starts after it. I'd much rather get up at 4 AM to watch a game. I'm usually up by 5:30 every morning. I've always been a morning person.

ram29jackson
10-02-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm the exact opposite. I have a hard time staying awake until 11 pm let alone a game that starts after it. I'd much rather get up at 4 AM to watch a game. I'm usually up by 5:30 every morning. I've always been a morning person.

sicko

GatorfanStovy
10-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Tebow needs to make a come back and switch to TE already. Come on Timmy just do it.

Rudy
10-03-2013, 03:50 AM
sicko

It's impossible for me to sleep in anymore. I used to consider sleeping in 7:00. Now I'd take 6:00.

JBHuskers
10-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Tebow needs to make a come back and switch to TE already. Come on Timmy just do it.

:smh:

JBHuskers
10-03-2013, 10:45 PM
It's not a typo. The CLEVELAND BROWNS are in first place in the AFC North.

GatorfanStovy
10-04-2013, 03:22 AM
Tebow is back fellas and so is Tebow Magic !!!!

Tebow to Jacksonville finally!!

http://cover32.com/jaguars/2013/10/03/report-tebow-to-sign-with-jaguars/

SmoothPancakes
10-04-2013, 04:07 AM
Like the article says, nothing but a financial move because the Jaguars know a bunch of dumb fucks will instantly show up to watch Timmy suck. It sure as hell isn't a talent acquisition.

skipwondah33
10-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Well guess since free beer didn't work....

JBHuskers
10-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Tebow is back fellas and so is Tebow Magic !!!!

Tebow to Jacksonville finally!!

http://cover32.com/jaguars/2013/10/03/report-tebow-to-sign-with-jaguars/

:fp: x :infinity:

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

SmoothPancakes
10-04-2013, 09:26 AM
And it's so far nothing but rumor. Apparently an unfounded rumor at that. So far, the only places anything like this is showing up is random backass websites or fan sites. Nothing on ESPN, nothing on Fox Sports, nothing on the AP. Even a Google search from the last 24 hours doesn't bring up anything other than some random ass, bumfuck sites that I've never heard of before.

JBHuskers
10-04-2013, 09:32 AM
And it's so far nothing but rumor. Apparently an unfounded rumor at that. So far, the only places anything like this is showing up is random backass websites or fan sites. Nothing on ESPN, nothing on Fox Sports, nothing on the AP. Even a Google search from the last 24 hours doesn't bring up anything other than some random ass, bumfuck sites that I've never heard of before.

But it's on the internet. It must be true!

Bonjour!

GatorfanStovy
10-04-2013, 09:32 AM
God damn it . I wanted Tebow to be starting again. Darn fans are desperate to bring back Tebow. I just wanna see his magic start up in Jacksonville and have them in the play offs run.

Come on Jags just do it!

JBHuskers
10-04-2013, 09:33 AM
God damn it . I wanted Tebow to be starting again. Darn fans are desperate to bring back Tebow. I just wanna see his magic start up in Jacksonville and have them in the play offs run.

Come on Jags just do it!

You want to see the magic of him finishing 33rd in the league in completion percentage?

SmoothPancakes
10-04-2013, 09:35 AM

Come on Jags just do it!

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Gifs/SNICKER_zpsb132ad04.gif

:D :D :D :D :D

souljahbill
10-04-2013, 10:22 AM
You want to see the magic of him finishing 33rd in the league in completion percentage?

With 10 wins.

*wink*

JBHuskers
10-04-2013, 10:51 AM
With 10 wins.

*wink*

Thanks to the defense. *wink wink*

skipwondah33
10-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks to the defense. *wink wink*And Marion Barber

JBHuskers
10-04-2013, 11:02 AM
And Marion Barber

:nod: :smh: :fdown:

souljahbill
10-04-2013, 12:06 PM
And God
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/05/y4y3u5eh.jpg

psuexv
10-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks to the defense. *wink wink*

Funny how even on great defensive teams the QB always gets credit for the win no matter how good they are but when it's Tebow it's the other way around.

JBHuskers
10-04-2013, 03:38 PM
And God
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/05/y4y3u5eh.jpg

That's almost close enough to a facepalm.

Rudy
10-04-2013, 03:58 PM
I think the Jags organization is horrible. I know they have a new GM but that guy would be fired immediately by me if I owned the team. It's a classic "Let's get young approach and get healthy cap wise!" Any idiot can make a team young! Can you make it any good? He knowingly brought his team into a season will NO solution at QB. He didn't even draft one! They have virtually no weapons on offence with the only great player they have as MJD and he was coming off an injury. Now they trade away Eugene Monroe who is a very solid LT for two middle round picks. Please. You got no value for him and they did it mainly because they took Joeckel at #2 and were forced to play him out of position at RT.

The GM is not getting the right pieces, he didn't try to acquire veteran talent to plug some of their massive holes, he's giving away the little talent he has at basement bargain rates and he's willing to be a laughingstock of a franchise. The NFL isn't like the NBA. You don't have to completely suck to turn it around. You lose fans and all credibility at the same time. And for what? So you can try and get the #1 pick next year? I hate that approach. Maybe they are trying to get Jacksonville to hate them in order to move to LA. I don't know but there is no excuse for how bad they are. They made ZERO offseason moves to get better this year.

SmoothPancakes
10-04-2013, 06:06 PM
And yet you have all the idiots who think that the Jaguars signing Tebow would turn them into a playoff team overnight. :fp:

GatorfanStovy
10-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Well yes Tebow could turn them into a play off win not a super bowl team there is a difference. The Jags could be one and done in the play offs but hey they still made the play offs.

Canes Fan
10-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Tim Tebow is a horrible NFL quarterback , it's a passing league and that is not what he does even if Peyton Manning went to the Jaguars they still would have a low chance of making the playoffs.

ram29jackson
10-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Tim Tebow is a horrible NFL quarterback , it's a passing league and that is not what he does even if Peyton Manning went to the Jaguars they still would have a low chance of making the playoffs.

if it sells a few more tickets/beers, that's what it was for.

besides, he still gets a huge chunk of cash too. I aint knocking that if you can get it.

also Josh Freeman will still get 6 million even though he was released by Bucs

ram29jackson
10-06-2013, 03:00 PM
that's funny/cool

the Bengals - Patriots game...while the Bengals are trying to get a first down to close out game with 2:30 left.
The stadium played this music- the Warriors movie Furies theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jov7zVAR5d8

ram29jackson
10-06-2013, 03:04 PM
the Bears game/telecast is all wonky and digitizing/pixilating out here in California...just pathetic

ram29jackson
10-06-2013, 04:22 PM
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/USP-NFL_-New-England-Patriots-at-Cincinnati-Bengal.jpg

ram29jackson
10-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Manning Bootleg TD

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/1710/zykn.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/zykn.png/)

Rudy
10-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Dolphins lost a tough one. Can't say they deserved to win as they did not outplay the Ravens but I HATED them spiking the ball at the Ravens 35 yard line with 1:01 to go. They had no timeouts left but were only down a FG. Spiking a ball saves you 10 seconds max in that situation. They had a big pass play and were all running down the field. Just call a play! With 1:01 to go the clock is not your enemy yet, especially when you only need a FG to tie. The extra down is crucial. So Tannehill gets sacked on 2nd down and with one more incomplete pass a tough 57 yard FG is missed.

The Dolphins OL is a mess. Doing lousy in pass pro and not so hot at run blocking either.

Canes Fan
10-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Wow I have Tony Romo in fantasy and with 35 points and 12 minutes to go , I'm happy!

bdoughty
10-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Now even happier. Just remember to to remove Romo if they make the playoffs.

It would be hilarious to see Romo throw for 500 yards and end up losing.

bdoughty
10-06-2013, 06:38 PM
:D Roooooooomo.

morsdraconis
10-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Leave it to Romo to fuck his team. As long as Romo is their QB, Dallas will NEVER win a big game when it matters.

ram29jackson
10-06-2013, 06:42 PM
fascinating...its one thing to have a game winning drive and hope your kicker makes what ever the distance is.

its another when you waste 3 plays basically telling your kicker we expect you to make this because that what we are ding is sitting on the ball to eat clock.

51-48 with tons of passing yards and yet at the end of the day its still FootBall

ram29jackson
10-06-2013, 06:44 PM
stats for the Denver-Dallas game

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331006006

bdoughty
10-06-2013, 06:55 PM
fascinating...its one thing to have a game winning drive and hope your kicker makes what ever the distance is.

its another when you waste 3 plays basically telling your kicker we expect you to make this because that what we are ding is sitting on the ball to eat clock.

Fascinating... That you are able to turn a computer on, log into a forum and post this. What the heck is your point? How is something the makes perfect sense fascinating?

ram29jackson
10-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Fascinating... That you are able to turn a computer on, log into a forum and post this. What the heck is your point? How is something the makes perfect sense fascinating?

LOL I'm sorry the subtlety is beyond your base thinking.

I hope as you get older you will be able to appreciate the little details that make things very different by the slightest aspect.

yes, you of course think its the same thing..but its quite different. Its one thing to miss a 45 or longer or what ever yarder for the multiple adverse reasons that can pop up because ultimately the team wanted to get closer or a TD to avoid needing the field goal.

its another to be at point blank range and sit on the ball, go backwards twice because you damn well expect the Kicker to not miss.
sure its a shorter distance but a kicker missing that one is a much harder outcome to swallow for everyone.

SmoothPancakes
10-06-2013, 07:24 PM
LOL I'm sorry the subtlety is beyond your base thinking.

I hope as you get older you will be able to appreciate the little details that make things very different by the slightest aspect.

yes, you of course think its the same thing..but its quite different. Its one thing to miss a 45 or longer or what ever yarder for the multiple adverse reasons that can pop up because ultimately the team wanted to get closer or a TD to avoid needing the field goal.

its another to be at point blank range and sit on the ball, go backwards twice because you damn well expect the Kicker to not miss.
sure its a shorter distance but a kicker missing that one is a much harder outcome to swallow for everyone.

:fp:

Lets see, score a touchdown from the two yard line, and leave Dallas with over a minute on the clock to potentially equalize, or kneel the ball, line up for a straight dead on field goal from the 6 yard line, and kick the game winning field goal with no time left. Hmm, I wonder which one is the better option.

I'll take the chance with the kicker kicking a 28 yard field goal facing dead on from the middle of the field with no time left on the clock, as opposed to give Dallas over a minute of clock to try and drive down the field, considering they were able to rack up 48 points during the length of the game.

If you have to question a move at the end of the game like that, thank god you never were a football coach. :smh:

JBHuskers
10-06-2013, 07:36 PM
What is the NFL record for pick 6's thrown in a year? Schaub has to be close.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

ram29jackson
10-06-2013, 07:40 PM
:fp:

Lets see, score a touchdown from the two yard line, and leave Dallas with over a minute on the clock to potentially equalize, or kneel the ball, line up for a straight dead on field goal from the 6 yard line, and kick the game winning field goal with no time left. Hmm, I wonder which one is the better option.

I'll take the chance with the kicker kicking a 28 yard field goal facing dead on from the middle of the field with no time left on the clock, as opposed to give Dallas over a minute of clock to try and drive down the field, considering they were able to rack up 48 points during the length of the game.

If you have to question a move at the end of the game like that, thank god you never were a football coach. :smh:

LOL oh wow, no of course not. I'm not questioning the decision to do it. It was the right idea for all intents and purposes. I'm saying the psychology of what happens for the team/kicker/fans outcome is different as opposed to the typical long distance chance.

bdoughty
10-06-2013, 07:55 PM
LOL oh wow, no of course not. I'm not questioning the decision to do it. It was the right idea for all intents and purposes. I'm saying the psychology of what happens for the team/kicker/fans outcome is different as opposed to the typical long distance chance.

It goes to Overtime and Denver still has a chance to win the freaking game.

There is not a big enough face palm in on the internet. I, just.. The fact that you are able to type this is just short of being a miracle.

ram29jackson
10-06-2013, 08:04 PM
It goes to Overtime and Denver still has a chance to win the freaking game.

There is not a big enough face palm in on the internet. I, just.. The fact that you are able to type this is just short of being a miracle.

LOL I've explained it twice. I'm not debating the decision to win it in that fashion( could you not comprehend that in the second post to smooth?). I'm talking about the subtlety of the outcome based on the psychology of the scenario kickers are usually confronted with.

bdoughty
10-06-2013, 08:25 PM
LOL I've explained it twice. I'm not debating the decision to win it in that fashion( could you not comprehend that in the second post to smooth?). I'm talking about the subtlety of the outcome based on the psychology of the scenario kickers are usually confronted with.

Pseudo-intellectual mumbo jumbo, which is the case in the majority of your posts. Yes, it is hard to comprehend something that is not comprehensible in the first place..

dhook27
10-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Cowboys fan here.... If we dont make the playoff this year with the division the way it is, Garret, Romo, And Jerry ALL have to go. Tired of mediocrity.

steelerfan
10-06-2013, 11:22 PM
What is the NFL record for pick 6's thrown in a year? Schaub has to be close.

I love Matt Schaub.

He is single-handedly making this season enjoyable for me (the Steelers certainly aren't). With all the dumbass hillbillies and illegals here in Houston talking about the Super Bowl, it is satisfying to see this meltdown. Schaub has the weakest arm in the league. Maybe in the history of the league. The pick 6 tonight was travelling so slow that I'm surprised it travelled as far as it did.

Last week his pick 6 was EPIC. Leading by 7 with like 2:30 to play and he throws a blind slow ball into the flat. His jersey was burned in the parking lot after the game, but at least Tex-Ann fan has not resorted to throwing beer on Schaub's wife like they did to David Carr's wife years ago. Classy.