PDA

View Full Version : Surround Sound HDMI Question

JBHuskers
08-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Does HDMI act as both an input and an output when you are running HDMI through the receiver? I just got a new receiver and it uses HDMI where the old one didn't.

oweb26
08-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Yes one cord solves all your problems.

JBHuskers
08-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Yes one cord solves all your problems.

Awesome. Really glad I got this receiver now besides more optical inputs, it has 4 HDMI.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

oweb26
08-01-2013, 03:17 PM
You should have 4 in's and one out ( or 3 ins and one out), so technically you will need two HDMI cords I guess I should have clarified that. The only problem with doing it that way is that your receiver will always be on when you are looking at TV.

JBHuskers
08-01-2013, 03:55 PM
You should have 4 in's and one out ( or 3 ins and one out), so technically you will need two HDMI cords I guess I should have clarified that. The only problem with doing it that way is that your receiver will always be on when you are looking at TV.

Yes. 4 in's, 1 out. Obviously the out goes to my TV, right? :D :D My TV set up is odd. I use a HDMI switch for the cable box. That way I can watch my digital cable on my TV on top of the entertainment center while I'm gaming.

My receiver is always on anyways, that's not a big deal.

oweb26
08-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Yeap you got it.

The only optical cord I use is from my cable box, so I don't have to watch the news in surround sound, as far as my game, and blu rays player they all run through my receiver.

JBHuskers
08-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Yeap you got it.

The only optical cord I use is from my cable box, so I don't have to watch the news in surround sound, as far as my game, and blu rays player they all run through my receiver.

Awesome. Thanks man. Yeah I use optical for the PS3, soon to be PS4. I used the other optical jack for an out to my TV on top of the entertainment center for when I want to listen to music through my surround sound using Chromecast. I have a lot of components for other things. I'll have to start switching things to HDMI now. I really dig this receiver, and it's the same brand as my subwoofer (Onkyo).