PDA

View Full Version : Joystiq: EA Sports Online Pass Redeemed by 60% of Users

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 12:26 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/03/ea-sports-online-pass-redeemed-by-60-of-users-says-ea/

During EA's Q1 financial conference call, COO John Schappert discussed the success of the company's "Online Pass" initiative. According to Schappert, early results from NCAA Football 11 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 indicated that "sixty percent to seventy percent of online connected users" have redeemed a code for Online Pass. He noted further that "the level of online play is up" over last year, as is revenue from paid downloadable content.

When asked how Online Pass has impacted used game sales, Schappert noted that it's "too early to tell" but that EA is "encouraged by" the number of people playing online, and that the "extra gift" offered by Online Pass is "driving some of that adoption."

EA announced its Online Pass program earlier this year -- bundling a code with new copies of NCA Football 11 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 -- which allows access to online features like multiplayer (among other things). Those who choose to buy used copies of the games can purchase an Online Pass for an additional $10. The Online Pass program operates as part of "Project Ten Dollar," created to stop losses generated by the used game industry. Based on the numbers touted by Schappert, as well as those reported by EA for the quarter, the strategy just might be working.

ram29jackson
08-08-2010, 02:10 PM
??? I bought my game new. I put in a code for pro combat ubi's after doing what i needed to do on the demo,...multi player is in NCAA 11? where is it? do I have another code on my game I didnt use ?

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 04:03 PM
There is a code on the back of your manual for the Online Pass. If you haven't used it yet ...

To activate your EA SPORTS Online Pass:

Start your EA SPORTS™ game, and select ENABLE ONLINE PASS from the Menu.

Then select REDEEM CODE FOR ONLINE ACCESS.

At the code Redemption screen, enter the single-use code located on the back of the game´s manual cover. *

Once the code is entered, you will have access to your title´s online features and bonus content.
*EA Account required for Online Pass activation. You can create an EA Account in-game or at EASPORTS.com/register.

ram29jackson
08-08-2010, 05:57 PM
There is a code on the back of your manual for the Online Pass. If you haven't used it yet ...

thats the code I used for the uniforms, isnt it ?

in game there is no menu that says that ? at least I dont know where to look ...? :( help please:)

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 07:08 PM
thats the code I used for the uniforms, isnt it ?I don't recall there being any code for uniforms, just a tie-in with the demo.

in game there is no menu that says that ? at least I dont know where to look ...? :( help please:)I'm not going to be much help, I entered it on the first day and haven't seen any of the menus for it since. If you see a lot of items like "Ranked Match" and "Teambuilder Quick Match" under "Online", you've probably already setup your Online Pass.

ram29jackson
08-08-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't recall there being any code for uniforms, just a tie-in with the demo.
I'm not going to be much help, I entered it on the first day and haven't seen any of the menus for it since. If you see a lot of items like "Ranked Match" and "Teambuilder Quick Match" under "Online", you've probably already setup your Online Pass.

I may have made a mistake haha- I of course play online. I thought they were talking about the feature of being one player with 5 other guys online. I guess only madden has that this year?

multi player = head to head

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Online Team Play, the 3v3 mode, is only in Madden.

cdj
08-23-2010, 01:27 PM
THQ is extending their version of 'Online Pass' to WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2011 (no surprise after debuting it with UFC Undisputed 2010) and pastapadre is reporting that Sony's MLB: The Show is exploring the same option (http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/08/23/mlb-the-show-may-get-online-pass).

CLW
08-23-2010, 01:35 PM
This is here to stay guys and it signals the final death nail to GameStop. I believe I saw on CNBC or an article somewhere that 1/2 of Game Stop's revenue was from used sales. Combine the decline of used sales with the fact that it probably won't be very long before there are no more CDs/Discs for video games and everything is just downloaded Game Stop and the like are going to go the way of Block Buster (soon to be extinct).