PDA

View Full Version : Is this the worst NCAA game of all-time?

MrToo Brand New
07-27-2013, 08:45 PM
I have played every game of this franchise since the first PlayStation when I was in the 5th grade. I don't know if I have ever seen a worse game. The only feature worthwhile seems to be ultimate team. This game is a downgrade compared to every game (even the glitched out 2012 game.) The reasons I say this are as follows:

-There are several DC glitches that render ranked games unplayable unless you bum hunt. Some idiot posted how do do one of them on YouTube and it has run rapid in online games. You cannot play anyone with a decent record because more than likely you will be disconnected if you are winning.

-Defense is nonexistent. The defense stops absolutely nothing besides under center run plays. DBs play like they have an IQ of 10. To stop someone who has any idea of what they're doing you have to either play F defense (drop eight guys or more in coverage) or nano blitz.

-Online Dynasties are completely glitched out. My dynasty has been restarted eight times. That's right... EIGHT TIMES!!!!!! The first few attempts we made everyone create a coach so that everyone would start on a level playing field. After a few advancements some coaches would not level up. Therefore, we had to restart, because it's impossible for low level coaches to compete with high level coaches in recruiting. After that failed several times we decided to use original coaches. After a few advancements some users had their coaches drop to level zeros for no reason at all. Due to that problem we were forced to restart again. The problem returned. However, everyone was sick of restarting so we continued the dynasty. Once the off season came the dynasty would not advance past signing day. It would freeze during the advancement process every time UCF signed a certain recruit. Due to this we had to end the dynasty and started yet another one using that file. Luckily that dynasty advanced all the way through the off season to week 3 of the following season. Once we got to week 3 a user had to play against Georgia who did not have a single player on their roster. He couldn't play the game because UGA would do nothing but get delay of games the entire time. Due to this we restarted yet again. We are currently on this attempt and it is about to glitch out again. Two users signed the same recruit and both coaches are now level zeros.

This has no doubt been the most frustrating year of NCAA I have ever played. I have felt the series has gone down hill since NCAA '11. However this is the largest step backwards I have ever seen.

dhook27
07-27-2013, 11:35 PM
http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/joan-holloway-giggling.gif

bdoughty
07-28-2013, 01:30 AM
The only feature worthwhile seems to be ultimate team <--------------------------------------

That is the exact point I stopped reading your reply. If you find this to be the worst NCAA game of all-time, that is your prerogative. This is My prerogative (http://tinyurl.com/ydkx2rc).

MrToo Brand New
07-28-2013, 03:55 AM
Lol okay?

ram29jackson
07-28-2013, 04:14 AM
ultimately..on and off the field this years game has too many flaws compared to any year past. NUT is a worth while mode, even if you lose you get tokens which takes the edge off losing where as in ranked games you ultimately get nothing if you win or lose.

bdoughty
07-28-2013, 05:33 AM
Lol okay?

I just think some of your issues are not EA's fault. They can't fix cheaters. Only you can do that by playing people you know. Defense is more difficult this year but people are always clamoring for realism and if you look at the college football world, only a few teams really play great defense. Just look at the average score in the SEC. Outside of a few games, these are not 14-10 games anymore.

souljahbill
07-28-2013, 06:41 AM
I don't play online or NUT and I really like this version.

morsdraconis
07-28-2013, 08:08 AM
I just think some of your issues are not EA's fault. They can't fix cheaters. Only you can do that by playing people you know. Defense is more difficult this year but people are always clamoring for realism and if you look at the college football world, only a few teams really play great defense. Just look at the average score in the SEC. Outside of a few games, these are not 14-10 games anymore.

So you're going to avoid him talking about the best thing about the recent couple of NCAA games being COMPLETELY ruined for him as well (Online Dynasty)?

Boy, I'm glad I haven't touched this game since '12. It's been nothing but a trainwreck with all the fucked up bugs.

CLW
07-28-2013, 08:29 AM
NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE WORST NCAA game of all-time. That game was NCAA 09 - "Wide Open Gameplay"

MrToo Brand New
07-28-2013, 10:04 AM

How are any of the problems I listed not EAs fault? Online Dynasty is my favorite game mode and it's ruined, which is completely EA's fault. Cheaters can't DC glitch you if their is no DC glitch. The most common DC glitch was in the game last year and the development team can't fix that? Finally, there's an enormous difference from having an offensive heavy game and making the defensive players retarded.

JeffHCross
07-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Not the worst.

SmoothPancakes
07-28-2013, 10:44 AM

That may be fine in the SEC, but other conferences still actually play defense and don't ignore it. I'm watching Stanford-Oregon from last season right now on ESPN U. 2 minutes left in the game, Oregon is leading 14-7, Stanford ended up winning 17-14 in OT. Try playing Stanford at Oregon in NCAA '14. Good luck trying to hold Oregon to a whole fucking 14 points. It's not gonna happen. Just because the average score in the SEC is in the 30s and 40s, doesn't mean defenses in the entire NCAA are retarded and fucking worthless.

I was playing a dynasty game as Utah State against Tulsa Friday night. I intentionally quit the game one play into the third quarter (my first time intentionally quitting a game in NCAA since back in the PS2 days) because it was just fucking stupid the plays I was witnessing. My defense wouldn't bother to even fucking try and get off their blocks and go after the ball carrier until he was already 10-15 yards down field, had already picked up the first down, and by that point, only had one or two players to beat to potentially break it for a long ass touchdown run.

I was constantly being torched for 30+ yard plays (including the QB running for a 59 yard touchown and a 57 yard rush at the start of the third quarter where a desperation user ankle tackle saved it from being a 70+ yard touchdown rush), during which my retarded defense would just let the player rush right by them, not even attempt to tackle him or even try and fucking pursue the guy. Tulsa would have easily put up 40+ points on me in the first half if it wasn't for me managing to ankle tackle the fuck out of them on every 20 and 30+ yard rush and pass.

That is absolutely fucking stupid. It's one thing if I get beat fairly, where the offense does what it needs to do to beat my defense. But when my defense can't even fucking do anything and I'm sitting there getting involuntarily abused by the offense (no matter what the fuck I try to do to counter them), it's fucking stupid. Whether I played zone or man, whether I blitzed 6-8 or dropped back everybody and only rushed three, nothing could fucking stop Tulsa Friday night, as they put up 20+ yard play after 20+ yard play.

I counted, one play into the third quarter, Tulsa had run 32 plays on offense. 14 of those plays went for gains of 15+, 8 of those 14 went for gains of 20+. Of those 8 plays, 6 of them were for 30+ yards, with two 50+ yard plays and a 44 yard play out of those 6 plays for 30+. Again, that is just fucking stupid. It ended up being a complete fucking waste of my time Friday night and I wasn't going to bother pissing away another fucking hour plus just to finish that heaping pile of shit of game where nothing I did or called on defense would work to stop the fucking offense.

Teams don't need to play great defense, they just have to fucking play ANY defense. Show me a game between two fairly even FBS teams where a team only fucking punt ONCE in the first half of the game and spent the rest of the first half rushing and passing all over the fucking place without worry of not being able to score or at least drive deep into the other team's territory? For me, I honestly don't know if I have any desire to keep playing '14 until either a magical set of sliders is released that allows the defenses to play like they're not retarded, or until EA gets the fuck off their asses and patches a fucking defense into this game. We're three days away from August 1st and we've had a grand total of one fucking patch thus far, and that was the day one patch. It'd be nice if they'd fix the shit wrong in this game, or even just say something regarding what issues they're working on for patch #2 and when the fuck we can expect patch #2. Until then, I'm ready to shelve NCAA '14 until someone finds a defense worth a fuck in this game (and this coming from someone who played '12 and '13 year round, despite the issues in both of them).

Noleacious
07-28-2013, 02:12 PM
NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE WORST NCAA game of all-time. That game was NCAA 09 - "Wide Open Gameplay"

NCAA 2008 was much worse than 2009. In 2008 you could never generate any pressure on defense and on offense it was like going up hill with an absolutely ridiculous number of interceptions.

Noleacious
07-28-2013, 02:14 PM
How are any of the problems I listed not EAs fault? Online Dynasty is my favorite game mode and it's ruined, which is completely EA's fault. Cheaters can't DC glitch you if their is no DC glitch. The most common DC glitch was in the game last year and the development team can't fix that? Finally, there's an enormous difference from having an offensive heavy game and making the defensive players retarded.

Well this is what patches are for. We should all know by now that these games have a really, really rushed development cycle. I try to reserve judgment until after the first patch, barring some absolutely glaring issue (like NCAA 2008 and the CPU interceptions). I'll admit the defense in this game is very, very frustrating.

jaymo76
07-28-2013, 02:40 PM
08 on 360/ps3... one of the worst games I have played... features removed, super lb, ring of fire across the field after a td, etc., etc. etc.

ram29jackson
07-28-2013, 02:43 PM
historically, they cant do patches well either so that prospect doesn't sound too good. 60 bucks for a 4 verts-a-thon was not what I had in mind.

bdoughty
07-28-2013, 07:07 PM
So you're going to avoid him talking about the best thing about the recent couple of NCAA games being COMPLETELY ruined for him as well (Online Dynasty)?

Boy, I'm glad I haven't touched this game since '12. It's been nothing but a trainwreck with all the fucked up bugs.

I can't speak about a mode I have not used. Offline Dynasty is all I have played this year. I do not know the severity of the issues with Online Dynasties this year compared to problems in the past (which I had plenty a few years ago).

I OU a Beatn
07-28-2013, 07:13 PM

You must not have played '07 on the 360. Or '08 on PS3. Two of not only the worst NCAA games of all time, but two of the worst games period. They were both absolutely horrific.

bdoughty
07-28-2013, 07:32 PM
You must not have played '07 on the 360. Or '08 on PS3. Two of not only the worst NCAA games of all time, but two of the worst games period. They were both absolutely horrific.

One of those was just a nightmare online in regards to sacks. If someone blitzed you had almost no time to get the pass off. Also recall that we would average two kickoff returns for TD per game. It was just silly and pretty sure it was 08.

ram29jackson
07-28-2013, 07:32 PM
the defense is horrible and ballhawk doesn't even work. Ive scored and been scored on a few times already at the end of the 1st half in games by 50-60 yard bombs where the defender is right there and defenders either get pulled away or are there and just stand hunched over stiff as a board and do nothing even though I am using triangle button to hope make something happen...or maybe I didn't use triangle anyway and the character still is just frozen there..helpless and useless

I OU a Beatn
07-28-2013, 08:43 PM
One of those was just a nightmare online in regards to sacks. If someone blitzed you had almost no time to get the pass off. Also recall that we would average two kickoff returns for TD per game. It was just silly and pretty sure it was 08.

Yep, it was '08. A 4 man rush in that game was basically a nano in itself. Kickoff returns were ridiculous as well. That's also the year the 360 version was 60 FPS while the PS3 version was an unbearable 30 FPS. I've blocked both '07 and '08 out of my mind...just terrible.

jaymo76
07-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Yep, it was '08. A 4 man rush in that game was basically a nano in itself. Kickoff returns were ridiculous as well. That's also the year the 360 version was 60 FPS while the PS3 version was an unbearable 30 FPS. I've blocked both '07 and '08 out of my mind...just terrible.

08... I only played two seasons and they were dreadful. I was Idaho and I still remember shaking my head when the announcer said "welcome to the Kibbie DOME... as they panorama an outdoor stadium. I upgraded to 360 from PS2 simply for the NCAA and Madden series and I have never been so disappointed... awful!!!

MrToo Brand New
07-28-2013, 08:50 PM

I will not argue that NCAA '07 was very bad for Xbox 360. I gave EA a pass for that one due to it being the first NCAA game for this generation. However, even as bad as the gameplay was for that game I still feel this year's game is the worst.

JBHuskers
07-29-2013, 09:46 AM
14 isn't even close to the worst NCAA game.

jello1717
07-29-2013, 09:49 AM
While the lack of D in user games is disturbing and the lack of D with bad teams is disturbing (my Illinois OD team can't stop the CPU offense for shit while my Michigan offline D was easily ranked #1 in several categories and I even had to make the sliders tougher so the CPU could move the ball against them) I feel this is easily the best NCAA game I've played.

I've always been a recruiting geek and I was saddened at the loss of phone calls (I guess I'm the only guy that actually liked the calls) and really, really saddened at the loss of promises and negative recruiting. But after playing with the new game I LOVE the new recruiting and I love the difficulty increase (which may go away once my coach gets more recruiting skills). I love pretty much everything about the new recruiting.

My OD is in week 9 and (knock on wood) has never had to be restarted nor has it had any issues except for some people freezing when saving highlights. We've all stopped saving highlights and we're not even having that issue anymore (knock on wood again). I'll say that I preferred the OD user game gameplay in '13 since defensive struggles were the norm there while in '14 it's all about who doesn't make a mistake and whoever has the ball last. But I think I'm gonna really prefer OD recruiting this year, especially once we get to the offseason and have to make our gambles against unpredictable users.

The infinity engine, coach skills, and the new camera angles (I've absolutely fallen in love with coordinator cam) also help to make this the best game ever.

AustinWolv
07-29-2013, 10:32 AM
No, '14 is pretty good overall.

skipwondah33
07-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Defense is the worse I've seen in any NCAA version. Especially considering I gear my game and actually enjoy playing D. I pick random plays on Offense and just hope they work. On D I actually scheme, plan and put focus on stopping someone and not just the hope factor.

I don't expect it to be like the version where you could just run zone and put controller down because Zone D was unreal....that version was terrible, along with the pass trajectories (I think that was moreso the problem than "super LB's" because the damn ball wasn't getting but 5 feet off the ground, not that the LB's were jumping high)

Not sure what version that was but pretty sure it was 08 or 09, because I remember passing being difficult because Zone was so insanely good. Along with the passing trajectories being so very terrible. Actually had a video where I was throwing a pass 20 yards down field but was picked off 15 yards ahead. It would appear that the LB super jumped...yet he only got MAYBE a foot off the ground and that's being generous.

Maybe I am missing something, I don't set any of the "gameplan" or whatever they are calling it these days settings or use the commits but strictly default can't stop a nosebleed.

AustinWolv
07-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Maybe I am missing something, I don't set any of the "gameplan" or whatever they are calling it these days settings or use the commits but strictly default can't stop a nosebleed.
Yeah, those in are in there. They cut some of them out.

I've found using "aggressive" on the option one was key in beating O$U twice in the current dynasty season (played them end of season and then in B1G conf title game) as Miller is crazy good, so forced him to give to the RB most of the time. :)
On 360, you hit LB at the playcall screen to bring it up.

I play mostly 4-3 under and align the hang LB to the strong side. It is annoying that flip play doesn't always make the other OLB swap correctly to be the hang LB (or whatever the proper term is).
Defense NEEDS TO BE REWORKED, so you can align your defense to the offense by personnel, not just swapping the playart.

I never use the audible commits (run right, run left, run middle) at the LOS. I don't like those powerup type of things. I DO use pass commit however, so the damn DBs are less likely to let guys run straight down the field on them.

jaymo76
07-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Defense is the worse I've seen in any NCAA version.

Let's not forget those atrocious angles the cpu d took in 09. That IMO was hands-down the worst D.

skipwondah33
07-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Let's not forget those atrocious angles the cpu d took in 09. That IMO was hands-down the worst D.I only recall being about to call Zone and throwing windows being almost non-existent

On this version those windows are wide the hell open...damn open, their broken out of the damn frame

I don't even assume or hope I'll stop anyone. I just hope I have the ball last in games

They take bad angles in this version WHEN they are in the play or somewhat read it correctly

I can't even play Defense against the CPU, let alone a user

Yeah Austin I know how to set them, just have never been a fan of those type of settings..couldn't stand that damn "jump snap" BS.

AustinWolv
07-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Hey skip, I agree, I hate the "power-up" ones, but IMO the ones that were more of a strategy, I'm cool with. They took "jump snap" out BTW. In other words, stuff like focus on the QB during option or focus on playing the middle of the field/TE is stuff that could be done up pretty cool. That is gameplanning/scheming for your opponent versus stuff like "make my safeties hit harder with superhero strip ball powerzzz!".

I OU a Beatn
07-29-2013, 12:31 PM
I only recall being about to call Zone and throwing windows being almost non-existent

On this version those windows are wide the hell open...damn open, their broken out of the damn frame

I don't even assume or hope I'll stop anyone. I just hope I have the ball last in games

They take bad angles in this version WHEN they are in the play or somewhat read it correctly

I can't even play Defense against the CPU, let alone a user

Yeah Austin I know how to set them, just have never been a fan of those type of settings..couldn't stand that damn "jump snap" BS.

Your only hope is to get a couple good nanos, and then just blitz the hell out of the opponent virtually every play, whether it be a human or the CPU. It's ridiculous that I even have to offer such lame advice, but that's what it has come to this year. Standard blitzes will NOT get there. A regular 4 man rush will NOT get there. As a result, you WILL get carved up play after play because there's absolutely no pressure on the QB.

With a few really good blitzes and a good secondary that can press, you can shut down the offense. However, being a nano, you're completely taking advantage of the also awful blocking AI, so it's a lose lose situation.

AustinWolv
07-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Standard blitzes will NOT get there. A regular 4 man rush will NOT get there.
Mostly true.

Only speaking from playing CPU since I hate the online cheese......I've gotten coverage sacks and free blitzers get to the QB......but I have a high-90s DE and other 90s DL........using the DL spread and reblitzing the DEs using the individual assignment audible as helped, using the stock blitzes from DBs or LBs. At the minimum, it has made the CPU QB dump the ball quickly so I can tackle short of the 1st down and force punts. Granted, I've been burned by RB screens quite a bit, lol.

My reference is using charter's Heisman sliders with a very good defense.

Mind you, playing human online......I don't bother.

I OU a Beatn
07-29-2013, 12:53 PM
If you're using sliders, that might help. I don't dabble with that because virtually all my games are online. However, with no sliders adjustments, it's virtually impossible. The double corners blitzes are really effective without an additional adjustments, but they're about the only ones I've seen that work consistently. They wont work when you're rushing with a 4 man line, too, so you have to play cover 0 for it to work.

Hell, I've had more success rushing just 1 guy than I have rushing 5. How stupid is that?

AustinWolv
07-29-2013, 01:12 PM
If you're using sliders, that might help. I don't dabble with that because virtually all my games are online. However, with no sliders adjustments, it's virtually impossible.

Yes, I agree. That's why I threw that caveat in there. :)

skipwondah33
07-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Hey skip, I agree, I hate the "power-up" ones, but IMO the ones that were more of a strategy, I'm cool with. They took "jump snap" out BTW. In other words, stuff like focus on the QB during option or focus on playing the middle of the field/TE is stuff that could be done up pretty cool. That is gameplanning/scheming for your opponent versus stuff like "make my safeties hit harder with superhero strip ball powerzzz!".Oh definitely the "focus on QB/RB" is a good feature. "Jump snap" and the one you hilariously mentioned lol are not IMO. I don't even like the aggressive zone one. Down, distance and time of quarter/game should automatically indicate that. Not a silly setting that use to turn your Defense into jumpy, ball hawking Ed Reed's.

I may be wrong in how it works now, but the option to even be able to tell your entire D to play that way is comical...whether they actually do or not.

Yeah IOU that is sad that those have to be used to even be somewhat effective. And relying on press coverage is as well. Must be the reason that it is being heavily used online. I remember this guy in a league I was in back on the 09-10 version. All he would do is set his Defense to "jump snap", blitz like you mentioned with press coverage.

I OU a Beatn
07-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah IOU that is sad that those have to be used to even be somewhat effective. And relying on press coverage is as well. Must be the reason that it is being heavily used online. I remember this guy in a league I was in back on the 09-10 version. All he would do is set his Defense to "jump snap", blitz like you mentioned with press coverage.

I haven't played online yet except for my OD and Ultimate Team, but I would imagine that's what's going on in virtually every online game. If you get a team like Florida and bring 6 with press coverage, the other team is going to have trouble moving the ball. The blitz is going to get there within 3 seconds if it's off the edges, and it often takes about that long for the receivers to get off the jam. There's ways around it, but from all the extensive testing I've done with it, it's by far the most effective defense. Something like 326 Cover 2 Man with press coverage is pretty nasty if you can manually cover any slants/crosses/curls over the middle because everything else gets bottled up.

I had a league game last night and that's the exact defense I deployed against Braxton Miller. 326 Cover 2 Man with press and both my DE set to spy. I allowed 7 points through the first 3 quarters, and his lone TD was on the opening drive.

But, zone is the biggest problem. A lot of the times they just simply sag too far back. Other times they go to the wrong spot on the field. Even in zone, if they're in the right spot, they'll often not react to a receiver being in their zone. It's just really bad.

skipwondah33
07-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Yep that SAME defense applied back on that version too. He played with Nebraska and used the same principles you posted. I was using Texas in that OD and my damn WR's wouldn't get off before the blitz got home. Or if they did and I threw the ball they would jump damn near any pass I threw...especially since the trajectory and throw angles were horrible.

He would usually get his DT or DE or an LB in everytime he decided to it seemed.

xMrHitStickx904
07-29-2013, 02:06 PM
The OP must not have played NCAA 07. Or 08. Or 09.

ram29jackson
07-29-2013, 03:39 PM
the past games are pointless. This new game is bad now. Whats the issue with the coding ? theres no way it was supposed to be this bad. Visually it looks like a mistake when defenders stand hunched over while balls whiz by them.

they spent time on the fancy moves and the rest was somehow rushed. How do you not or how can you not have 13s defense in there and end up making it worse ?

while this is as always just a game and theres always some childish way to beat it and other people with cheese n exploits. aT Least Last years game was functional and you had tools on defense to counter with. Now the flats are unguarded...offense falls forward for 5 yards with no effort. Even though I never told my DE to stop and look, he does and becomes useless as the rest of the defense is also sucked away to make the option read look like it actually works.

as always ,most of the country only uses man defense. Last year I used zone 90 percent of the time and won many games with it even the general consensus was that it did not work. When you have 8 men in zones, the field should be draped with defenders covering some space somewhere, doing something helpful. This year, 8 men in zones feels like 4 or 5 guys in zones and the play breaks down too fast and no one character is anywhere to be found. Defenders just run out of position or wait for some cue to be behind the guy running with the ball. I ve watched a few times as ive double teamed a receiver with 2 players in man defense or or on in man and one in zone to cover the receiver and one of the defenders goes in the wrong direction for what ever reason. LOL its just bad

FSU
07-30-2013, 11:40 AM
This IMO is the best version I have played in a long time. We are in week 13 of our online dynasty everyone is having fun. The game isn't perfect but I'm having fun and for me that's all that matters.

MrToo Brand New
07-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Add another problem to the list. The dynasty glitched out AGAIN! We were on week 7 and I advanced. Instead of advancing to week 8, it advanced back to week 7 and everyone had to play their games again. After everyone played their games for a second time I tried to advance. However this time the dynasty would not advance. I was kicked off the servers everytime the advancement process was uploading. Due to this I went to the dynasty website hoping that I could advance from there. When I went to the site it said we were on week 8. How could the website recognize my original advancement yet everyone in the dynasty was on week 7 again? This game is an absolute nightmare. I have never been more disappointed with a game than I am right now.

GoBeavers
07-30-2013, 02:02 PM
I honestly have not played enough of this version of the game as of yet to make a definitive statement on how good or bad it is. There are some things I really like such as the recruiting, the new coaching system with experience, and the way they tweaked the option game.

But then there are some things I don't like, such as the speed threshold seemingly having no effect on the game play, the ability for just about every offensive player to brek countless tackles on every play, and the fact that the defense seems to take some really stupid angles of pursuit at times.

Now I don't play online so I have no opinion of that but so far the offline experience has been decently fun for me, but give it another two months before I make claims on how good or bad the overall game is.

ram29jackson
07-30-2013, 02:43 PM
is it possible to recover an onside kick this year ? every single time its been done to me its as bad as squib kicks. The ball just simply sucks into the receiving teams hands. this is online head to head.

the AI did it to me once and recovered actually. but it seems to me also, no matter where you put the kick marker on the ball on onside kicks, it changes nothing

GoBeavers
07-30-2013, 02:47 PM
My seven year old son actually did it on the very first kickoff we played in this years game and he did it totally by accident.

ram29jackson
07-30-2013, 03:57 PM
crap,...hot routing the RB to run left instead of right doesn't work in some cases now either....NUT game against AI, it lets me hot route to left from a run to the right side but if I motion the right side WR to the left, I then cant hot route my RB........:fdown:

SmoothPancakes
07-30-2013, 09:04 PM
I successfully recovered in my first onside kick attempt in '14. Haven't tried it a second time yet.

SCClassof93
07-31-2013, 07:22 AM
Add another problem to the list. The dynasty glitched out AGAIN! We were on week 7 and I advanced. Instead of advancing to week 8, it advanced back to week 7 and everyone had to play their games again. After everyone played their games for a second time I tried to advance. However this time the dynasty would not advance. I was kicked off the servers everytime the advancement process was uploading. Due to this I went to the dynasty website hoping that I could advance from there. When I went to the site it said we were on week 8. How could the website recognize my original advancement yet everyone in the dynasty was on week 7 again? This game is an absolute nightmare. I have never been more disappointed with a game than I am right now.

I really love how this game plays. However, I shelved it because it was getting frustrating trying to play in an OD with the issues we were having. I played this game a lot before rosters and trying OD with no tech problems.

GoBeavers
07-31-2013, 07:28 AM
I really love how this game plays. However, I shelved it because it was getting frustrating trying to play in an OD with the issues we were having. I played this game a lot before rosters and trying OD with no tech problems.

I'm actually glad that I do not bother to play online anymore. With everything I have heard about the problems with online dynasty it sounds like a nitemare. But thankfully after downloading rosters and playing a limited amount of games offline I have not experienced anything that will make me shelf the game as of yet.

SCClassof93
07-31-2013, 07:40 AM
I'm actually glad that I do not bother to play online anymore. With everything I have heard about the problems with online dynasty it sounds like a nitemare. But thankfully after downloading rosters and playing a limited amount of games offline I have not experienced anything that will make me shelf the game as of yet.

Oh I will go back and play an offline dynasty at some point, probably when the real season starts. Just burned and burned out with it ATM.

SmoothPancakes
07-31-2013, 07:42 AM
I technically haven't shelved the game yet. Overall, I love the game. There's a fresh feeling to the game with the improved option, the RTP, etc. In it's entirety, it's the best game we've seen on 360/PS3. The only issue I have (and the only one that pisses me off to no end), is the complete and utter lack of defense in this game. I'm actually to the point, where being a head coach, I may just start super-simulating defensive series and just play offense, which is basically the same I've done for the last two years while playing as an offensive coordinator in '12 and '13. It won't be the same, as I do enjoy playing defense, but maybe my simmed defense will have better luck of actually stopping a damn leaf as opposed to my actual on-field defense.

SCClassof93
07-31-2013, 07:48 AM
I technically haven't shelved the game yet. Overall, I love the game. There's a fresh feeling to the game with the improved option, the RTP, etc. In it's entirety, it's the best game we've seen on 360/PS3. The only issue I have (and the only one that pisses me off to no end), is the complete and utter lack of defense in this game. I'm actually to the point, where being a head coach, I may just start super-simulating defensive series and just play offense, which is basically the same I've done for the last two years while playing as an offensive coordinator in '12 and '13. It won't be the same, as I do enjoy playing defense, but maybe my simmed defense will have better luck of actually stopping a damn leaf as opposed to my actual on-field defense.

I agree D is lacking but I have adjusted and don't mind it.....I expect to struggle and if/when I get a stop I have a parade:D..........but bugs cripple my enjoyment.

SmoothPancakes
07-31-2013, 08:14 AM
I agree D is lacking but I have adjusted and don't mind it.....I expect to struggle and if/when I get a stop I have a parade:D..........but bugs cripple my enjoyment.

I'm gonna try and adjust to it, I hope I can, but some of the play I saw while playing Tulsa were just so attrocious, it killed any fun I was having.

I have no problem getting my ass handed to me. My worst loss in my dynasty was a 63-6 loss at Oklahoma State while playing with Tulsa last year. So I have no problem losing and I have no problem getting violated by the other team. As long as it's realistic and not because there's no such thing as a defense in the game. And it wasn't even like Tulsa was beating me bad last week. I was trailing 24-21 one play into the third quarter. I just had no desire to keep putting up with the crap I had been putting up with for another two quarters.

I also wish EA would just make some sort of announcement on an upcoming patch or something. Tomorrow is August 1st. The only thing we've had thus far is the day one patch. Getting close to a month since release and still not a single whisper of an upcoming post-release patch. Hell, I'd even settle for a tuner update! They can make a lot of changes and fix a number of things via tuner updates. They might even be able to give us some semblance of a defense in this game via tuner update. But nearly a month after release, nothing. Other than the release day patch and tuner update, we haven't had a damn thing.

I have always been a bit defensive of EA and much more willing than others to give EA the benefit of the doubt on many things in past years, butting heads with some who have done nothing but bashed EA repeatedly each year, but this year, with the complete absence of defense (while I love playing offense, as shown by my playing two versions of the game as an OC, I love taking over the reins on defense also), and so far no support via patches or tuner updates (or even any mentions of an upcoming patch or tuner update) from EA, I'm starting to lose my defense, benefit of the doubt, posture that I have for EA.

SCClassof93
07-31-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm gonna try and adjust to it, I hope I can, but some of the play I saw while playing Tulsa were just so attrocious, it killed any fun I was having.

I have no problem getting my ass handed to me. My worst loss in my dynasty was a 63-6 loss at Oklahoma State while playing with Tulsa last year. So I have no problem losing and I have no problem getting violated by the other team. As long as it's realistic and not because there's no such thing as a defense in the game. And it wasn't even like Tulsa was beating me bad last week. I was trailing 24-21 one play into the third quarter. I just had no desire to keep putting up with the crap I had been putting up with for another two quarters.

I also wish EA would just make some sort of announcement on an upcoming patch or something. Tomorrow is August 1st. The only thing we've had thus far is the day one patch. Getting close to a month since release and still not a single whisper of an upcoming post-release patch. Hell, I'd even settle for a tuner update! They can make a lot of changes and fix a number of things via tuner updates. They might even be able to give us some semblance of a defense in this game via tuner update. But nearly a month after release, nothing. Other than the release day patch and tuner update, we haven't had a damn thing.

I have always been a bit defensive of EA and much more willing than others to give EA the benefit of the doubt on many things in past years, butting heads with some who have done nothing but bashed EA repeatedly each year, but this year, with the complete absence of defense (while I love playing offense, as shown by my playing two versions of the game as an OC, I love taking over the reins on defense also), and so far no support via patches or tuner updates (or even any mentions of an upcoming patch or tuner update) from EA, I'm starting to lose my defense, benefit of the doubt, posture that I have for EA.

So we don't butt heads I will say NADA in regards to EA and patches/support:D...................(walks off mumbling TW14)............

GoBeavers
07-31-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm not going to hold out hope for a patch to fix the defensive problems, I'm probably going to have to rely on sliders to help it and hope that it does. In my mind some of the problems on defense are the unrealistic angles the players take when trying to make a tackle and the fact that every offensive player can seemingly break tackle after tackle while pushing the pile or falling forward for extra yards.

Plus I love what they did to the read option but I get the feeling that since they touted this feature so much that they way overpowered it and made the defensive AI react so adversely to it so that the common player would become enamored with it and tout the awesomeness of it.

SmoothPancakes
07-31-2013, 08:33 AM
So we don't butt heads I will say NADA in regards to EA and patches/support:D...................(walks off mumbling TW14)............

:D

Well, the last Tiger Woods game I bought was TW12, so I have no clue in regards to any patches/support issues you and the rest are experiencing with TW14. I guess ignorance is bliss in that regard. :D

JBHuskers
07-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Yet this is the most I have ever played Tiger :D guess it's up to personal preference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ram29jackson
07-31-2013, 02:20 PM
the offensive line blocking is better but yet and still Linemen don't pay attention to line backers in a lot of instances.
and the cheesers are finding ways to exploit that still. Ballhawk has got to be broken. It doesn't work at all like it did last year in this game or Madden.

the game still has that stupid issue where you are on defense and if the other player flips his play or calls an audible ( not sure which or if both ?)

your defensive hot routes you just tried to rip through before he snaps ball are now cancelled :mad:

ram29jackson
07-31-2013, 04:59 PM
last year there was less of it but this year kids are able to run to the sidelines and throw all over again.

And QBs are like super heroes shaking line men and linebackers off while falling forward for 15 yards with no effort :D:confused::mad::fdown:

JmacNS
08-01-2013, 09:40 AM
It's sad I jump for joy just making the CPU punt lol.

Whatcha
08-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Haven't read all of the replies. I disagree with the OP. For overall football experience this is by far the best football game I've played. Defense isn't automatic, which I like. Held a no huddle, user controlled Clemson team to 196 yards passing last night with 99 OVR Sammy Watkins being held to 2 catches for 16 yards. Are there a few glitches in the game that can be frustrating? Of course. But you can't argue with the depth of this year's game. And btw, year 2, week 2 of our online dynasty and only hiccups so far have been coaching carousel and neutral site games for the commissioner (as in they didn't work). Other neutral site games worked. No other issues that I'm aware of yet.

CeeGee
08-06-2013, 12:00 PM
I challenge anyone to pop in NCAA 09 or 10 on PS3 and then come back and say that 14' is the worst ever lmao...

Does it have flaws? Yeah...
Does it have bugs? Yeah...

Is it the worst ncaa ever? Ummm, not even close

ram29jackson
08-06-2013, 03:06 PM
the fact is this game has more bugs and mistakes then any game in the last 3 years and it is worse then last years game.

Whatcha
08-06-2013, 04:06 PM
That would qualify it as the buggiest game, but not the worst football game of all time.

ram29jackson
08-06-2013, 04:29 PM
That would qualify it as the buggiest game, but not the worst football game of all time.

comparing it to a ps2 piece of junk is a waste of time. When I say mistakes, that means anything and everything on and off the field.

I'm not some game changer who wants to or needs to pay attention to this and that and every detail in the game with some great amount of football knowledge to go with it. I am a consumer who has played the last 4 years a great deal of these games and this obviously and simply the worst from all angles. of the ps3 era. The defense was also purposely dumbed down for the option to work which made the defense for all other parts of the game just baaaad. I don't care if someone's stats after a game compare to reality the way you think is ok. The defense is poorly done and the big play especially on 3rd and 4th and long are waaaay to easy to get. Blatantly easy even compared to the last 2 years.

Whatcha
08-07-2013, 07:06 AM
We will just have to agree to disagree. FSU has uploaded videos of games where defense has been played, where 4th and longs were snuffed, and where things weren't nearly as catastrophic as some would like to think. I never expected the game to be perfect any more than I expected to smell the sweat from the players on the field. Maybe my expectations have allowed me to look past a bunch of the things others here are pointing out. Or maybe focusing on those flaws is causing a number of folks to miss out on what I see as a great game.

FSU
08-07-2013, 08:36 AM
We will just have to agree to disagree. FSU has uploaded videos of games where defense has been played, where 4th and longs were snuffed, and where things weren't nearly as catastrophic as some would like to think. I never expected the game to be perfect any more than I expected to smell the sweat from the players on the field. Maybe my expectations have allowed me to look past a bunch of the things others here are pointing out. Or maybe focusing on those flaws is causing a number of folks to miss out on what I see as a great game.

I cant agree more with whatcha. I am just not seeing the same game you guys are seeing. I am really enjoying this game. I have been away from forums like this because people come to them to wine all the time. This game is better than 13 in every way and I felt 13 was the best of them all. My previous favorite was the 2004 version of the game. They added so many great features and the game seems to match that hard core football appeal that I want from my football video games.