PDA

View Full Version : Things to pass on to EA: Little things not working correctly

psusnoop
07-26-2013, 11:37 PM
This is a little thing but something that shouldn't take much effort to include in the next patch either.

In powerhouse OD I'm looking at my preview against WVU (we are currently week 3, the preview is week 5) and the arrows that show advantages are not showing it correctly for Turnover Diff. They have it has an advantage for me (-3) vs WVU as (+1).

After looking at 5 other matchups, the ones that are negative are showing the advantage otherwise where both teams are positive the correct placement of the arrow is right. Same if a team is 0. Also of interest is if both teams are negative it shows properly as well.

Just something small to pass along, thanks.

***please be helpful in this thread***

Escobar
07-27-2013, 03:17 PM
I noticed that too. I rarely look at the previews anymore since I can see the stats breakdown pregame, but everytime I do the TO diff. is always marked in advantage for the negative team. Part of the reason I stopped looking, because I would glance at the arrows to see a quick breakdown and it throws me off.

psusnoop
07-27-2013, 04:21 PM
I noticed that too. I rarely look at the previews anymore since I can see the stats breakdown pregame, but everytime I do the TO diff. is always marked in advantage for the negative team. Part of the reason I stopped looking, because I would glance at the arrows to see a quick breakdown and it throws me off.

Yeah it's weird that all other ways it could possibly be is correct but when it's that way it's wrong.

I too rarely look at them now that I can see them there too, but I was wasting some time and checking out WVU and was like what the heck is this.

jaymo76
07-27-2013, 07:06 PM
To add to the list of things needing quick repairs.... MATCHUP STICK.

Now that I am a head coach I have maxed out matchup stick. At the start of the game things are great but by the third or so drive matchup stick becomes glitchy. I usually cannot access the exact player ratings breakdowns on pass plays. It stays like that for pretty much the rest of the game.

Also it seems as though that the offensive line always has green arrows, regardless of the teams/games. UNLV's offensive line should not be green across the board versus Michigan's D line.

SmoothPancakes
07-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Another thing to add to the list.

​DEFENSE

punter
07-30-2013, 09:45 AM
On our od we noticed that the record books are not getting updated when ever something gets broken, We figured it would update after the season was over but it still has the old records. It works on my offline dynasty but not online for some reason.

tyler2026
08-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Players always have a stutter step when they catch a ball or a designed toss play. Players should be able to catch the ball in stride and not have to stutter. Also the speed threshold does not seem to work at all. I have set it to the lowest and highest settings and there doesn't seem to be a difference. There is not much speed difference between the slowest and fastest players in the game.

CLW
08-03-2013, 10:17 AM

​DEFENSE

:infinity:

SCClassof93
08-03-2013, 11:37 AM
I would like to see more stability in OD, crashes etc. Biggest thing for me is the issues in coaching xp, i.e. not getting points when changing jobs.

jaymo76
08-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Not sure if it's a bug or programmed but both my OC and DC had 1 coach skill. They progressed at the same speed for the entire season and each game received the same amount of xp. AKA in week four they both gain a coach skill and 425 xp. This makes no sense as offensive and defensive objectives are totally different. Is this a glitch or did EA plan it this way???

CLW
08-04-2013, 07:01 AM
I know this will NEVER get fixed but the defensive simmed stats for the cpu are F'd up beyond belief. My CPU controlled defensive players are leading the nation by a WIDE margin in tackles and the # isn't all that high.

Coachdenz
08-04-2013, 08:38 AM

​DEFENSE

I 2nd this

str8upnobs
08-05-2013, 10:48 AM

+1

I'd like to add a problem that seems to be running rampant in our OD as well.
Play your entire game , and upon coming back into OD to u/l results. You get an error stating that - "Commish has made changes to the OD . You must restart for changes to take effect" . No choice but to leave OD & restart , come back in & It's as if you never even played. Happened to me 3x now & multiple times for other users. The kicker is , the commish isn't even online half of the time , so it's not even him doing it. Countless hours wasted , & turning OD's into a pointless exercise in futility:mad: .

Escobar
08-05-2013, 11:46 AM
I know this will NEVER get fixed but the defensive simmed stats for the cpu are F'd up beyond belief. My CPU controlled defensive players are leading the nation by a WIDE margin in tackles and the # isn't all that high.

It's not the sim stats that are messed up. Whenever there is an incomplete pass, the defender closest to the ball gets credited with a tackle. That is the issue.

SCClassof93
08-05-2013, 11:47 AM
+1

I'd like to add a problem that seems to be running rampant in our OD as well.
Play your entire game , and upon coming back into OD to u/l results. You get an error stating that - "Commish has made changes to the OD . You must restart for changes to take effect" . No choice but to leave OD & restart , come back in & It's as if you never even played. Happened to me 3x now & multiple times for other users. The kicker is , the commish isn't even online half of the time , so it's not even him doing it. Countless hours wasted , & turning OD's into a pointless exercise in futility:mad: .

This is exactly what I experienced and I was the commish. Complete waste of time and still no word on patch 2 :glare:

str8upnobs
08-05-2013, 11:53 AM

This is exactly what I experienced and I was the commish. Complete waste of time and still no word on patch 2 :glare:

I'm at the end of my rope , hanging on by a thread as far as a patch goes. Just glad I didn't put down the $60 for it this year. Since they did away w/ online passes , I just got it through gamefly. As each day passes I am more & more convinced I was right to do so.

ram29jackson
08-05-2013, 04:25 PM
when offensive players go to the line of scrimmage...its like now you have to wait for the game to read that happening..now it takes time or you have tap X more than once for the game to snap the ball.

and now you cant hot route one player while you put a man in motion like you coulbefore...you have to sit and wait. Its damn annoying

Escobar
08-06-2013, 01:58 PM
and now you cant hot route one player while you put a man in motion like you coulbefore...you have to sit and wait. Its damn annoying

So you're mad because you can't break the game???

ram29jackson
08-06-2013, 03:47 PM
So you're mad because you can't break the game???

like I said, you could do this before. There isn't anything unusual or overbearing or anti-football related about it. its an expected detail over the past few years that they screwed up somehow this year.

and coming out of the huddle you could start hot routing something if you wanted any time before they got to the line. Now, if you don't do it immediately after you break the huddle you have to wait till they get to the line. In a sense, they broke the game not me.

look...you call a time out now in the middle of a game because you want to stop the guy using hurry up and the game just stops and you or the other guy has to push start to stop the game or the play clock expires and it calls a penalty. Sometimes that doesn't work though and you have to rely on a guys honesty not to accept the penalty.
there is just mistake after problem after mistake in this years game. The worst attention to detail of any sports game I've bought in 3 or 4 years.
that's not a hateful exaggeration at all. Its a simple consumer fact.

TIMB0B
08-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Noticed in my online dynasty that my "playing style" pitch is not responding. It stays at D- even though I'm a stat whore at a few positions. I'm not sure about "playing time" as well, because I've seen it at different grades, but I found it odd that an 81 OVR punter I'm recruiting has D- playing time. It's a need position. Doesn't make sense. I am using a created team, so that may be the issue, but nonetheless it needs to be fixed.

baseballplyrmvp
08-10-2013, 07:51 PM
in the middle of my game as :USC: vs alabama, i've noticed that the espn ticker at the bottom of the screen has disappeared.

Escobar
08-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Noticed in my online dynasty that my "playing style" pitch is not responding. It stays at D- even though I'm a stat whore at a few positions. I'm not sure about "playing time" as well, because I've seen it at different grades, but I found it odd that an 81 OVR punter I'm recruiting has D- playing time. It's a need position. Doesn't make sense. I am using a created team, so that may be the issue, but nonetheless it needs to be fixed.

This is not a glitch. Playing time is dynamic based on who you have on your recruiting board. Do you have any other punters on your board. Remove them and his playing time will go up.

str8upnobs
08-12-2013, 11:34 AM
in the middle of my game as :USC: vs alabama, i've noticed that the espn ticker at the bottom of the screen has disappeared.

I've had a similar bug happen to me. Except the ticker is fine but the bar that shows the clock , down & distance , score etc... goes AWOL during the 3rd qtr of my OD games. Then magically reappears in the 4th qtr. . Pretty annoying bug.

jaymo76
08-12-2013, 01:00 PM
I've had a similar bug happen to me. Except the ticker is fine but the bar that shows the clock , down & distance , score etc... goes AWOL during the 3rd qtr of my OD games. Then magically reappears in the 4th qtr. . Pretty annoying bug.

Yes, I have also seen this twice in my offline dynasty. Once the fourth starts it returns. One game was dynasty and one game was RTG.

Escobar
08-13-2013, 09:06 PM
You have to go into instant replay to get the clock/score bar to come back.

ram29jackson
08-13-2013, 09:27 PM
that happens in all modes in some way or another

jaymo76
08-13-2013, 10:11 PM
You have to go into instant replay to get the clock/score bar to come back.

Then you run the risk of starting the framerate glitch. It's a no win.

Escobar
08-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Then you run the risk of starting the framerate glitch. It's a no win.

I have virtually never gotten the framerate glitch. It happened once when I went into the create a highlights feature before the game ended. Every time I go into instant replay then go back into gameplay, I never get the framerate glitch.

jaymo76
08-13-2013, 11:46 PM
I have virtually never gotten the framerate glitch. It happened once when I went into the create a highlights feature before the game ended. Every time I go into instant replay then go back into gameplay, I never get the framerate glitch.

Consider yourself lucky then. I played with the glitch once from the 1st quarter on. It doesn't always happen but when it does it's just brutal. Hopefully you will not have to experience it.