PDA

View Full Version : Finding "hidden" green gems in recruiting?

johntom2000
07-25-2013, 04:05 AM
I found a few by luck by scouting but, I really don't know what to look for. OVR 70 or better? Skills? What do you look for? or is it all by luck?

Thanks

John

TIMB0B
07-27-2013, 10:59 AM
I found a few by luck by scouting but, I really don't know what to look for. OVR 70 or better? Skills? What do you look for? or is it all by luck?

Thanks

John

I generally look at their measurables: 40 time, Bench, Squat, etc. and compare to their OVR. If their numbers are high relative to the 4 and 5-star recruits, but their OVR is much lower, he's probably a gem.

Also, look at the teams on the interested list. If there are multiple BCS schools, especially top 25, then he's probably a gem. That is, if is OVR is low, which is why the BCS schools aren't pursuing him yet.

psusnoop
07-27-2013, 04:24 PM
I generally look at their measurables: 40 time, Bench, Squat, etc. and compare to their OVR. If their numbers are high relative to the 4 and 5-star recruits, but their OVR is much lower, he's probably a gem.

Also, look at the teams on the interested list. If there are multiple BCS schools, especially top 25, then he's probably a gem. That is, if is OVR is low, which is why the BCS schools aren't pursuing him yet.

Easiest way to find hidden gems.

jaymo76
07-27-2013, 07:01 PM

Same with busts.... high ratings with no interest... probably a bust.