PDA

View Full Version : No huddle ?

gigemaggs99
07-10-2013, 11:34 PM
So I'm trying to run a quick tempo game with my Aggies, my question is, first game out of the blocks (vs CPU) is Rice. I run no-huddle, Johnny Football gets to the LOS then backs off and looks does his animation stuff, the defense seems to have a few seconds to adjust...then Rice goes on Offense and runs no-huddle (this is the CPU) and it snaps the ball before my defense gets set, it's like they have super fast no-huddle.

I tried putting my game plan tempo on Aggressive but all this did was make my O-line line up quicker, it doesn't stop the QB animations.

Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions?

The CPU seems to be able to snap the ball with 30+ seconds left on the play clock. I'm doing everything I can to get it snapped before 20. I hold the triangle, select my play and hammer the X button but the QB still steps back and goes through his animations. No such animations for the CPU.

I even noticed on some plays when I was on defense and Rice would run the no-huddle it gives you 5 or 10 seconds to pick your defensive play, well as soon as I select my play and that window goes away within a 1/2 a second the CPU snaps the ball. Crazy fast.

GBRNation
07-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Happens to me. It is very annoying. I have no clue how to combat it. I have just stayed more slow tempo because of it.

Sent via Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
07-11-2013, 01:32 AM
If you pick your play before you get fully lined up, you can just snap the ball immediately. If you audible or pick your play after you've already lined up, then it usually does the animation.

I noticed a glitch earlier running a no huddle offense, but I haven't been able to replicate it again. I had run a Read Option from the Gun, gone no huddle and switched to a PA pass from the same formation. On the PA, then QB got stuck in the animation and just sat there and waited to be sacked. :D

dhook27
07-11-2013, 01:34 AM
This was in the beginning of 13 as well but they patched it.

gigemaggs99
07-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Ok, thanks for the info, I'll try picking my play faster and attempt to snap it faster. I know watching my Aggies we snap the ball a lot before the defense is set. It seems cheap, like fast break basketball but I figure if they do it in real life and the CPU is able to do it, I'd like to be able to do it as well.