PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 14 - General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

cdj
07-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Post your NCAA Football 14 impressions, thoughts, and general happenings here!

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2013, 11:26 PM
I posted this in the Retail Release thread, but I'll go ahead and post it here too.

I don't know about the other penalties (other than facemask at 57 is drawing a lot of love from the refs), but KR/PR Interference penalties set to 100 definitely works. :D

I'm playing a test dynasty game as Utah State at Utah, and earlier I punted the ball and the Utah punt returner called fair catch. That didn't matter to one of my players as the returner caught the ball, only to be instantly leveled by my player, called for PR interference. :D I would probably be pissed, but my guy absolutely leveled the shit out of him, causing me to jump to my feet and let out a loud "HELL YEAH!" in celebration of the hit. It was a true slobber-knocker hit by my player.

Quest4Gold
07-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Can't import my teambuilder team right now which is stinks to high heavens

NEver mind I am a dumas I figured it out

jaymo76
07-08-2013, 11:33 PM
If the Tiburon team can fix the gray facemasks and tighten up zone play I will be extremely happy with this game. However, I suspect that by tomorrow night people on the forums will be going insane...

I OU a Beatn
07-08-2013, 11:38 PM
If the Tiburon team can tighten up zone play I will be extremely happy with this game.

I wonder how many times this has been said on release day the past 4 or 5 years. :D

KIDZER0918
07-09-2013, 01:05 AM
So a couple of my observations.

- Sound is still crappy. No dynamic crowd cheering. I was down by 3 in the 4th as time was running out i got a pick and was able to kick a field goal to tie and go to overtime in a neutral site game. crowd should of erupted!
- Custom sounds have a delay when they come in and it is kinda distracting.
- Wish you could make your own custom into video music..
- The shorter intros suck in my opinion. they are always tailored to the home team and should be more neutral.

- I am still loving the gameplay tho.
-the new recruiting is pretty hard. I dont know if it is because i started with GA State or what but I barley get peoples scraps.

jaymo76
07-09-2013, 01:15 AM
Wow! Recruiting is tough. I thought all the people saying it was tough were not very good at the game. Turns out I need a new strategy. I am just getting lit up.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2013, 01:33 AM
I have yet to experience recruiting. I'm gonna be delving into that in my test Utah State dynasty over the next day or two, see what's what. Definitely sounds like it's gonna be rough going.

jaymo76
07-09-2013, 02:54 AM
I'm not sure why but in three dynasty games I have had ZERO studio updates. Is it because I am only an OC???

beartide06
07-09-2013, 03:21 AM
I'm not sure why but in three dynasty games I have had ZERO studio updates. Is it because I am only an OC???

I believe this year, the studio updates are ONLY after extra points, so since you are an OC and you don't see that portion due to super-sim, you aren't seeing the updates :)

KIDZER0918
07-09-2013, 04:54 AM
Also seems to be a lot of stupid small fixes that should have been taken care of. They still have the "view promises" slide under team management but you can not make promises to anyone...

oweb26
07-09-2013, 05:54 AM
Yeah RAM has even lost me with that one
This is the best 2-3 weeks on the boards..its going to play out something like this....

Week 1....the I love this game guys
Week 1.5..... the I hate this game guys and here is why
Week 2....mors ( or is is smooth?) is going to explode on someone and pretty much not stop short of calling them a complete idiot which will bump up traffic in said thread for about four days.
Week 3......the slider guys will come up with a decent set and the rosters will be out so the world will level back off again and my entertain will have diminished by then, so I have to wait another year to get my giggles.

gschwendt
07-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Also seems to be a lot of stupid small fixes that should have been taken care of. They still have the "view promises" slide under team management but you can not make promises to anyone...
You can make promises in the offseason to convince a player to return (rather than transfer or go pro early).

CLW
07-09-2013, 07:51 AM
? from the Early Release -- I couldn't find the ability to turn OFF the CPU filling up my board with recruits I had no interest in. Is there a way to turn that off still? If so, where is it?

oweb26
07-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Once you are in the recruiting part, its the recruiting strategy or something like that ( I am not in front of the game) top row( really the second row) about three icons over.

They will still add the fodder to your board during the offseason for national signing day which still sucks, just alot of people to cut.

Aglemar
07-09-2013, 08:20 AM
There are two places to change your recruiting strategy. One is under recruiting the other is under team strategy, i believe.

KIDZER0918
07-09-2013, 11:55 AM
My intros kept featuring players that were sitting out the year due to transfers...also for one of info tabs while loading I think it would be better if they had the impact players instead of top 3 player, 2 of my top 3 were qbs every week and one was sitting out the year

DertyMat
07-09-2013, 12:19 PM
I am debating buying for PS3 or 360. Can someone let me know if the grass graphics in PS3 is still blurry and less detailed in comparison to 360? Last year it was.

Bohica1010
07-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Do we have a bugs thread yet? I was playing Ultimate Team. I was winning 7-3 in the third in the first game against Ark St. I kicked off to start the 3rd and within the first few plays, the CPU was calling it's TOs like it was really within last 2 min of the 4th.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2013, 01:42 PM

I believe this year, the studio updates are ONLY after extra points, so since you are an OC and you don't see that portion due to super-sim, you aren't seeing the updates :)

Yeah, that sort of sucks they did it that way. Now I'm very happy that I'm playing a head coach this year, since I'll still get to see the studio updates, but to move them after the PAT, when people playing as coordinators will never get to see them, is sort of stupid. You're making studio update unviewable to thousands of people.

Yeah RAM has even lost me with that one
This is the best 2-3 weeks on the boards..its going to play out something like this....

Week 1....the I love this game guys
Week 1.5..... the I hate this game guys and here is why
Week 2....mors ( or is is smooth?) is going to explode on someone and pretty much not stop short of calling them a complete idiot which will bump up traffic in said thread for about four days.
Week 3......the slider guys will come up with a decent set and the rosters will be out so the world will level back off again and my entertain will have diminished by then, so I have to wait another year to get my giggles.

:D Only one or two people, maybe. They'd have to say something very. :fp: :bang: inducing for that to happen. Sadly, there are some here who will post something exactly like that.

My intros kept featuring players that were sitting out the year due to transfers...also for one of info tabs while loading I think it would be better if they had the impact players instead of top 3 player, 2 of my top 3 were qbs every week and one was sitting out the year

Yeah, I have to be honest, I'm just not a fan of the new intros. I HATE that they sit there showing "plays" from the freaking game I'm about to play in the intro. Either show some "highlights" from my previous games in the season, or show some "highlights" from the last time I play this time, even if the game just has to make it up, I don't care. But to be sitting there in the pregame, watching supposed plays from the game I'm about to kickoff be shown in the intro, is just stupid.

I was looking forward to the new intros, because I was one of those people who would just immediately skip the intro every game. I played 6 years as Tulsa's OC last season. When you've been playing 6 years as the same team, the same intro is going to get old and you're going to just skip right past it and get to the coin toss. But these new intros, while a change, are a poorer change.

Not at all a fan of them.

ram29jackson
07-09-2013, 02:05 PM
after a touchdown against cpu the game just stalls and doesn't transition to the next thing.

when you go to instant replay and hold R2 to slowly go through a replay its jutty and choppy

jaymo76
07-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Yeah, that sort of sucks they did it that way. Now I'm very happy that I'm playing a head coach this year, since I'll still get to see the studio updates, but to move them after the PAT, when people playing as coordinators will never get to see them, is sort of stupid. You're making studio update unviewable to thousands of people.

:D Only one or two people, maybe. They'd have to say something very. :fp: :bang: inducing for that to happen. Sadly, there are some here who will post something exactly like that.

Yeah, I have to be honest, I'm just not a fan of the new intros. I HATE that they sit there showing "plays" from the freaking game I'm about to play in the intro. Either show some "highlights" from my previous games in the season, or show some "highlights" from the last time I play this time, even if the game just has to make it up, I don't care. But to be sitting there in the pregame, watching supposed plays from the game I'm about to kickoff be shown in the intro, is just stupid.

I was looking forward to the new intros, because I was one of those people who would just immediately skip the intro every game. I played 6 years as Tulsa's OC last season. When you've been playing 6 years as the same team, the same intro is going to get old and you're going to just skip right past it and get to the coin toss. But these new intros, while a change, are a poorer change.

Not at all a fan of them.

Yeah this drives me nuts. Who came up with the idea to show clips from a game that haven't happened yet??? Amazing immersion...:fp:

Big Blue
07-09-2013, 03:00 PM
So far my one big complaint about this game is the sound. Between plays there is absolutely no sound and overall the crowd noise is just atrocious. Other than that I am really loving this game.

ram29jackson
07-09-2013, 03:06 PM
online h2h ncaaUT game-when someone calls hurry up the game still takes forever for the defensive plays to come up

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah this drives me nuts. Who came up with the idea to show clips from a game that haven't happened yet??? Amazing immersion...:fp:

Yep. First game of the season, they could show some warm-ups, the players coming out, etc, similar to last year, just not as long. Then from week 2 on, you bring in highlights from the game(s) played in the weeks before. Show a couple highlights from the home team's previous games, show a couple highlights from the away team's previous games, and you're golden. You'll still get to see the star players in action in highlights, and it'll be true highlights, not some made up crap from a game you haven't even played yet.

PeteyKirch
07-09-2013, 03:59 PM
I hope they are able to fix the delay in triggering custom stadium sounds. Prior to it starting for whatever event it was set for, it stutters and then it plays a second or two later.

SCClassof93
07-09-2013, 04:24 PM
So far my one big complaint about this game is the sound. Between plays there is absolutely no sound and overall the crowd noise is just atrocious. Other than that I am really loving this game.

I did not encounter any problems with sound until I switched over to the disc, now it is almost mute about 50% of the time :dunno:

DVTiger
07-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Mode without computer generated names. Exhibition mode I can not In season mode.

ram29jackson
07-09-2013, 04:34 PM
online the kicking meter sucks..the power starts sinking instead of staying at full after you've flicked the stick upward and the ball just dies

bdoughty
07-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Mode without computer generated names. Exhibition mode I can not In season mode.

Edit: I am a dumbass.

It is not very polite to spam the same question everywhere. You already created a thread for this.

DynastyJunkie
07-09-2013, 04:52 PM
I've really really enjoyed this game. The presentation is much better than last year's game. Especially in conference games the presentation is great. The only thing that could make it better next year is making Brad & Kirk's commentating more smooth and continuous. It's a little too choppy but overall with all of the additions it's great. I don't know why ppl are disliking the intros?? I enjoy them a lot. It adds something new that makes the game feel more like an actual broadcast. The gameplay is smooth and extremely enjoyable. For example my LBs feel like LBs. I can tell the difference between seperate positions on my defense. I haven't experienced this in past games. Many times I've jumped out of my seat after my LB has leveled my opponent. While DBs are not leveling my opponent unless their facing small RBs or WRs. I've bumped my penalty sliders up to 54 just to make them happen a little more often. The blocking is muuuuuuucccchhhhh better than in last year's game I love running the ball now. This is my favorite NCAA Football game yet. As in every game their is issues and improvements to be made. But this game is fun and is consistently fun. I give EA a big thumbs up!

DynastyJunkie
07-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Go to your recruiting menu and go over to Recruiting strategy. Their you can turn off CPU recruiting assistance. That will keep the CPU from adding unwanted recruits to your recruiting board.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2013, 05:04 PM
I don't know why ppl are disliking the intros?? I enjoy them a lot. It adds something new that makes the game feel more like an actual broadcast.

Overall, yes, it is a nice breath of fresh air to the game intros and it's better than seeing the same team run out of the tunnel cutscene 12 times a season. The only thing I hate are the "highlights" shown during the intro. Highlights of a game I have yet to even play! There is just something about it that bugs me and annoys me, seeing my players celebrating a sack or seeing the opposing RB run in for a touchdown in "highlights" during the pregame of the actual game.

If they would draw the highlights from other sources, other games (past games, past seasons, etc), I'd be 100% happy and content with the new intros. It's just the highlights of the two teams, in a game that I have yet to even kickoff, that bugs me every time I start a new game.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2013, 05:40 PM
They really need to tone down some of these win expectations.

Navy has an expectation of 10 wins by their head coach. Yeah... Navy has won 10 games in a season exactly twice since 1980, 2004 (10-2) and 2009 (10-4). Even 9 wins or better (the most recent 9 wins season coming back in 2010), they've only achieved 5 times since 1980.

They've got the target wins for Navy set way too high. A contract target goal of 8 wins per year is more in line with Navy produces as opposed to 10. You're almost guaranteed to get fired if you become HC at Navy just because 10 wins a year is gonna be damn difficult.

Makes me wonder what other targets they've set for some teams that are going to be almost impossible to meet.

jaymo76
07-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Week six of recruiting and I am being destroyed. I have two players that I am good with and 11 players that have now locked me out. I used break lock on one of them but I'm still behind. Originally my goal was to keep Florida as a pipeline. Now my goal is to just get a couple of players. Recruiting is streamlined and 1000x better than anything this current gen IMO.

jaymo76
07-09-2013, 05:44 PM
My recommendation for coach skills is to set it on slow (if you are planning 10+ seasons). I am using NORMAL and after five games I am now up to LEVEL 5 as an OC. It will take awhile to get to the next unlock but the xp adds up so quickly during games. Each game you will most likely get 200 xp as a minimum. Then, upsets, comeback wins, etc. all give huge boosts. Personally I think there needs to be a balance. Maybe we should lose xp for poor performances???

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Week six of recruiting and I am being destroyed. I have two players that I am good with and 11 players that have now locked me out. I used break lock on one of them but I'm still behind. Originally my goal was to keep Florida as a pipeline. Now my goal is to just get a couple of players. Recruiting is streamlined and 1000x better than anything this current gen IMO.

Yeah, they might need to tone down recruiting difficulty a bit. I was getting bitchslapped by the CPU in recruiting while simming through a dynasty season last night. Even pumping the maximum points I was allowed into a player, I was still constantly losing ground to other teams. And this was for players rated in the low to mid 60s! The only players I was able to build a safe and guaranteed lead on were players rated between 55 to 62 OVR.

It really sucks they took the recruiting difficulty option out of the game this year, because that is badly needed.

DynastyJunkie
07-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah, they might need to tone down recruiting difficulty a bit. I was getting bitchslapped by the CPU in recruiting while simming through a dynasty season last night. Even pumping the maximum points I was allowed into a player, I was still constantly losing ground to other teams. And this was for players rated in the low to mid 60s! The only players I was able to build a safe and guaranteed lead on were players rated between 55 to 62 OVR.

It really sucks they took the recruiting difficulty option out of the game this year, because that is badly needed.

I agree.... The recruiting is a little too difficult. They might need to tone it down in the patch. Or add recruiting difficulty

DertyMat
07-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Although I have yet to try recruiting, I believe you can upgrade your coaches recruiting abilities (RPG like) to allow for greater recruit success.

PeteyKirch
07-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Pretty much your only real option for "decent" success recruiting for the first couple years is to go after no more than 10-12 players at a time. Being able to max out 10 players at 500pts a week helps out a lot.

jaymo76
07-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Although I have yet to try recruiting, I believe you can upgrade your coaches recruiting abilities (RPG like) to allow for greater recruit success.

Only head coaches have recruiting though. OC and DC are gameplay related.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2013, 06:17 PM

Yeah, you can, but in my experience so far, it only slows the bleeding.

To test, I created a level 30 coach last night, and completely maxed out his recruiting skills. Despite throwing the maximum 700 points at players, despite having a couple hundred more points in bonuses, despite the players being from a pipeline state, I was still eventually constantly being overtaken and losing ground to teams like Rice, Old Dominion, San Jose State, etc.

Two players that I was able to drag things out long enough to make it to the off-season, I had to pump 5,000 points in each of them, out of my 15,000 point off-season recruiting pool, just to ensure I'd sign them. That left me 5,000 points to distribute between the remaining 7 players on my board.

My first season as a level 30 coach at Texas State, with maxed out recruiting, I signed a grand total of 11 players. All but two rated between 57 and 65 overall.

To me, it feels like they took the difficulty of recruiting and cranked it all the way up to Heisman x HeismanHeisman​ and then multiplied that result by Heisman.

DertyMat
07-09-2013, 07:27 PM

To test, I created a level 30 coach last night, and completely maxed out his recruiting skills. Despite throwing the maximum 700 points at players, despite having a couple hundred more points in bonuses, despite the players being from a pipeline state, I was still eventually constantly being overtaken and losing ground to teams like Rice, Old Dominion, San Jose State, etc.

Two players that I was able to drag things out long enough to make it to the off-season, I had to pump 5,000 points in each of them, out of my 15,000 point off-season recruiting pool, just to ensure I'd sign them. That left me 5,000 points to distribute between the remaining 7 players on my board.

My first season as a level 30 coach at Texas State, with maxed out recruiting, I signed a grand total of 11 players. All but two rated between 57 and 65 overall.

To me, it feels like they took the difficulty of recruiting and cranked it all the way up to Heisman x HeismanHeisman​ and then multiplied that result by Heisman.

Yikes... I'm about to try it out.

beartide06
07-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Many are having trouble with recruiting, but for some reason, I have been fairly successful. Heck, my first year with South Alabama, I signed 22 players--one 1 star, nineteen 3 stars, and two 4 stars (posted in another thread, also). This was as an OC, mind you. Maybe I just had a lucky year, but the following season, I signed 17 players. One was a 5 star athlete.

DynastyJunkie
07-09-2013, 07:32 PM

I think I have a new strategy. You need to make sure the player your trying to recruit likes the majority of your school's pitches. (If your a small school) Make sure your competition is weak. It's hard to get guys who are 4 or 5 stars as a small school so look for 3 star gems. If your a larger school try to find a 4 or 5 star recruit who has interest in your school, likes your schools pitches, and who doesn't have a ton of big schools on his back. Athletes are the best guys to go after.

Recruiting requires a lot more thinking than it used to. I'm having to redo my recruiting board to make sure I have guys on my board that not only fit my playing style (which I always do) but fits my school (my school has all of the pitches he wants). If your school has all of the pitches your school wants than you get a pretty bonus. Plus your points allocated and lower competition from schools (at least try to recruit against schools you have a chance against e.g if your Idaho and going after a RB that Alabama is going after then you don't have a fighting chance. But if you were Georgia going after the same RB as Alabama then you do have a chance.) so once you add your bonus, allocated points, and the recruit already having interest in your school then your in good shape to get this recruit. Not to say you can't recruit a guy who isn't automatically interested in you, but in that case you need to make sure their isn't any big schools interested in him. If your a small school then you need to hunt down 3 star gems and the occasional 4 or 5 star who is interested in your school because of a deal breaker. If your a larger school or a small school make sure the recruit likes your schools pitches or it will take mercy to get him. Athletes and 3 star gems are the easiest route to take.

Geez, this years recruiting gives me a headache.... But I love the new realistic strategy required. And don't forget about scheduling complimentary visits LATE in the year. :)

DynastyJunkie
07-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Many are having trouble with recruiting, but for some reason, I have been fairly successful. Heck, my first year with South Alabama, I signed 22 players--one 1 star, nineteen 3 stars, and two 4 stars (posted in another thread, also). This was as an OC, mind you. Maybe I just had a lucky year, but the following season, I signed 17 players. One was a 5 star athlete.

Yea, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. You can't use the same strategy as last year. The recruiting is funner this year because it takes thinking.

jaymo76
07-09-2013, 07:58 PM
I think I have a new strategy. You need to make sure the player your trying to recruit likes the majority of your school's pitches. (If your a small school) Make sure your competition is weak. It's hard to get guys who are 4 or 5 stars as a small school so look for 3 star gems. If your a larger school try to find a 4 or 5 star recruit who has interest in your school, likes your schools pitches, and who doesn't have a ton of big schools on his back. Athletes are the best guys to go after.

Recruiting requires a lot more thinking than it used to. I'm having to redo my recruiting board to make sure I have guys on my board that not only fit my playing style (which I always do) but fits my school (my school has all of the pitches he wants). If your school has all of the pitches your school wants than you get a pretty bonus. Plus your points allocated and lower competition from schools (at least try to recruit against schools you have a chance against e.g if your Idaho and going after a RB that Alabama is going after then you don't have a fighting chance. But if you were Georgia going after the same RB as Alabama then you do have a chance.) so once you add your bonus, allocated points, and the recruit already having interest in your school then your in good shape to get this recruit. Not to say you can't recruit a guy who isn't automatically interested in you, but in that case you need to make sure their isn't any big schools interested in him. If your a small school then you need to hunt down 3 star gems and the occasional 4 or 5 star who is interested in your school because of a deal breaker. If your a larger school or a small school make sure the recruit likes your schools pitches or it will take mercy to get him. Athletes and 3 star gems are the easiest route to take.

Geez, this years recruiting gives me a headache.... But I love the new realistic strategy required. And don't forget about scheduling complimentary visits LATE in the year. :)

Yea, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. You can't use the same strategy as last year. The recruiting is funner this year because it takes thinking.

Yes, there is a lot more strategy involved in the front end of recruiting. You need to go through each screen and fully read up on each person. in year two I will choose 15 players as my focus and go after them extensively. Also, I have found that if you get a gem (after scouting) all the other teams show no interest...??? I have a 78 tackle who was +8 after scouting and no one else is even talking to him.

JBHuskers
07-09-2013, 08:36 PM
:nod:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

baseballplyrmvp
07-09-2013, 08:42 PM
only 8 plays for the 5-2 defensive formation? wow :smh:

baseballplyrmvp
07-09-2013, 08:57 PM
intersting....although ea kept :USC:'s base defense as a 4-3, they've made the appropriate changes to our d-linemen. :clap: props to them!

MtneerManiac
07-09-2013, 09:02 PM
I haven't had any issues gameplay wise so far, but I can't play with WVU.

For some reason EA thought it was a good idea to make the blue helmet's facemask grey, and then on the grey jerseys, put numbers in 3 different places. How is it possible to fvck up something simple like uniforms?

Guess I'll be starting my Temple dynasty early.

GatorfanStovy
07-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Don't worry they couldn't get the orange cleats for Florida in for longest time.

DynastyJunkie
07-09-2013, 09:22 PM
I haven't had any issues gameplay wise so far, but I can't play with WVU.

For some reason EA thought it was a good idea to make the blue helmet's facemask grey, and then on the grey jerseys, put numbers in 3 different places. How is it possible to fvck up something simple like uniforms?

Guess I'll be starting my Temple dynasty early.

It sounds like they got the unis wrong. But I think the facemask is a glitch if your on PS3.

baseballplyrmvp
07-09-2013, 10:45 PM
stiff arms could be toned down a little. just had :hawaii:'s running back give :USC:'s DT that wwe style stiff arm.

running in general could be toned down too. too many broken tackles, imo

DynastyJunkie
07-09-2013, 11:18 PM
It has seemed fine to me. You can always adjust the sliders though if you don't like it

baseballplyrmvp
07-10-2013, 12:10 AM
It has seemed fine to me. You can always adjust the sliders though if you don't like it

when you're playing as :USC: against :Hawaii: and the hawaii qb can break 3 tackles on a scramble, when i'm pressing X to tackle (not hit stick or strip), i think its a little over powered. just me though

DynastyJunkie
07-10-2013, 01:03 AM
It depends upon his ability to break tackles. And if you were diving at him. But you do have a point. However, touching up the sliders should help that.

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Sure, but sliders can only do so much. After a while, no matter what you do with the sliders, it won't fix some things.

SCClassof93
07-10-2013, 07:21 AM

I was getting concerned until I read "at Texas St.". You got 11 and a bunch of walk on jobbers :D. Sounds about right to me:D. For the record I am loving this game! Sure, I could change or tweak a few minor things (like seeing my players play the opp before they play) but the game-play is fun! The first game I have really enjoyed since 11 and it blows 11 away.
BTW smooth I opened up the ultimate team stuff just to go for trophies and it is pretty fun as well :nod:

delarge05
07-10-2013, 07:44 AM
So is anybody else experiencing online users still being able to sit back in the pocket eat a ham sandwich and wait till the slants come open?(just like 09) The last three guys I have played have done this. Any recommendations outside of hot routing every defensive player

Orbmik
07-10-2013, 07:51 AM
The only negatives are dropped passes and secondary play. What I like most is the cpu AI. Finally, I don't have to go online find a competive game.

DynastyJunkie
07-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Sure, but sliders can only do so much. After a while, no matter what you do with the sliders, it won't fix some things.

Agreed

DynastyJunkie
07-10-2013, 08:48 AM
The only negatives are dropped passes and secondary play. What I like most is the cpu AI. Finally, I don't have to go online find a competive game.

I know. I'm loving this game.

AustinWolv
07-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Not even seeing dropped passes as that much of a big deal. The lame pass rush on Heisman and "almost in the same zip code" secondary play are my only real complaints thus far.

DertyMat
07-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I am enjoying this. I feel really bad for the PS3 Clan and their grey face masks. KNowing EA you cant tell when they will fix this.Luckily I bought for Xbox this time around.

I played a full RTG high school season and noticed they no longer have the foggy glitch, however the stadiums were messed up. Everygame was played at a large Greneric NCAA stadium. Running game is very fun though

jaymo76
07-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Not even seeing dropped passes as that much of a big deal. The lame pass rush on Heisman and "almost in the same zip code" secondary play are my only real complaints thus far.

Last night in the Idaho game I played because ASU had a bye, the cpu QB for Ole miss started o-8 in passing with six drops. Bad weather ad me blitzing non-stop contributed to the results.

ram29jackson
07-10-2013, 09:02 PM
played one guy last night who read zone-read about 90% of the time and my freaking defense would NOT adjust...tried switching settings to focus on QB (which they ignored) and pitch man (which seemed to do nothing)...its not just that it works that bothers me, its that EA chose to make it so freaking obvious where to run by creating holes the size of a damn truck on the zone read...if you make the "correct read" on teh QB keep, the entire defense is absorbed by blockers and the holes are immense. Its the newest version of EA overpowering a "new" feature...think back to "gamebreakers" on last gen and its like that at times...

opinion from shopmoos at mygamerpad.com

steelerfan
07-10-2013, 09:09 PM
opinion from shopmoos at mygamerpad.com

And?

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

ram29jackson
07-10-2013, 09:13 PM
And?

I tend to agree as of now

SCClassof93
07-10-2013, 09:16 PM
I tend to agree as of now
http://images.persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/leia-what.gif

steelerfan
07-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Im playing in my dynasty with fsu on all american. Not online

Opinion of some guy at OS.

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Opinion of some guy at OS.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt247/graphene_gfx/Ryan%20Reynolds%20GIFS/SNICKER.gif

SCClassof93
07-10-2013, 09:43 PM
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt247/graphene_gfx/Ryan%20Reynolds%20GIFS/SNICKER.gif

http://img7.joyreactor.com/pics/post/ecards-auto-239677.jpeg
:D

steelerfan
07-10-2013, 09:47 PM
http://img7.joyreactor.com/pics/post/ecards-auto-239677.jpeg

At first, I thought this was posted by bdoughty, to ram. :nod:

Escobar
07-10-2013, 11:05 PM
I feel really bad for the PS3 Clan and their grey face masks.

What are these grey face masks you speak of? I'm on the PS3 and every team has had the correct color facemask.

GBRNation
07-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Is anyone getting studio updates? I am the head coach but I haven't got a single one.

Sent via Tapatalk

jaymo76
07-10-2013, 11:45 PM
I really like how your dynamic players change throughout the season. My dynamic players keep switching between my hb, wr, and qb. Although after the last game I may see my TE get into the mix as he has been on fire the last few games.

jaymo76
07-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Is anyone getting studio updates? I am the head coach but I haven't got a single one.

Sent via Tapatalk

Apparently they are only after extra points now??? I'm not sure as I am playing as OC so I have only seen one (when I didn't supersim to my next play).

ram29jackson
07-10-2013, 11:48 PM
whats up with no post game highlights ? that should be a staple

GBRNation
07-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Apparently they are only after extra points now??? I'm not sure as I am playing as OC so I have only seen one (when I didn't supersim to my next play).

I haven't seen any and I'm HC.

Sent via Tapatalk

DynastyJunkie
07-11-2013, 12:08 AM

Sent via Tapatalk

Yes I am. They come after extra points. And other presentation happens after a kickoff

DynastyJunkie
07-11-2013, 12:09 AM
whats up with no post game highlights ? that should be a staple

Their is post game highlights

DynastyJunkie
07-11-2013, 12:11 AM
I really like how your dynamic players change throughout the season. My dynamic players keep switching between my hb, wr, and qb. Although after the last game I may see my TE get into the mix as he has been on fire the last few games.

I know. It's pretty awesome

skipwondah33
07-11-2013, 08:14 AM
stiff arms could be toned down a little. just had :hawaii:'s running back give :USC:'s DT that wwe style stiff arm.

running in general could be toned down too. too many broken tackles, imoI noticed that as well in my games during Season Pass against CPU. Had a DE LSU stiff-armed 4 yards before finally being thrown down. That same RB then went on to break 2 more tackles. But yeah my defenders were getting stiff-armed quite a bit. Atleast 1 every run.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-11-2013, 10:58 AM
i would love to see a tune for defense upgrade on the front 7... but would appreciate a tune to speed...

DAT from Oregon should not be caught from behind by OLB's and Safeties... it doesn't happen... with a good angle... yes... but not being chased down

or Watkins from Clemson... that would be a perfectly good tune

xMrHitStickx904
07-11-2013, 11:10 AM
In all, I've had a lot of fun with it, I do have a few complaints though that I would like to see improved via patch or tuner update.

Defense ... there is none. Especially in the middle of the field with zones. It's like sideline defense was improved, but defense between the hashes is non-existent. I need zones to be fixed, man coverage to be improved on slants.

Speed needs to be tuned. 95+ SPD needs to feel like that in the open field. It is as if EA put that shoestring tackle in the game to keep speed from being overpowered. However, it is still annoying that my 60+ yard TD's end up only being 30 yard runs instead.

Online, the camera on interceptions and fumbles needs to stop, & turn around, then resume like it does offline. Not only does it look weird otherwise, sometimes it ruins my returns.

Finally, the initial accleration on punt & kickoff returns. I hate that I start out in quicksand when I return a kick. Besides those aforementioned things, I love the game.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-11-2013, 11:17 AM
can they tune some tackling into this game... mediocre RB's break like 4 tackle per play

Edit: this is with conservative wrap up and strip on conservative

AustinWolv
07-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Have you guys played with speed threshold?

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-11-2013, 11:31 AM

im talking about head to head

ryby6969
07-11-2013, 11:51 AM

I am having the same issue as them going against the cpu with Miami in year 2. Duke gets caught from behind way too often when he should be gone. I have the threshold set at 10 right now and it still happens.

ram29jackson
07-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Their is post game highlights

I mean the ones that happen immediately after game ends. Not the ones files away to look through after thee game with the stats

DertyMat
07-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Ive been tooling with RB in RTG and I'm getting a glitch where every pitch my RB basically stops before he runs. Its really bad. Only on pitches though. Does this happen to any of you?

ram29jackson
07-11-2013, 04:05 PM
no i'm not bashing the game, this is just funny to see

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/other/grand/d463384b572c7147b1fa46693c61fd1e.gif

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-11-2013, 04:15 PM
:smh::fp:

kindella2
07-11-2013, 04:38 PM
I too would like to see the return of speed burst instead of the acceleration. I also hate the shoe string tackles. No one can break away. I did return a kickoff 98 yards so it can be done but thats frustrating.

PeteyKirch
07-11-2013, 04:59 PM
I too would like to see the return of speed burst instead of the acceleration. I also hate the shoe string tackles. No one can break away. I did return a kickoff 98 yards so it can be done but thats frustrating.

It pretty much forces you to expect the shoe string tackle, you're only options are to hurdle as soon as you see the CPU lunge forward, or run at a zigzag downfield.

DertyMat
07-11-2013, 05:06 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/qyiccm.jpg

countryboy
07-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Finally got hands on time with this game and much like the demo the offense in the retail version is way to powerful. Defense is simply non-existent. I even cranked sliders up to 100 in Pass Defense, Rush Defense, and Interceptions and while it helped a bit, its not enough to overcome the offense. With the new running animations for the ballcarriers, its way too simple to gain 3-5 yards per rush. Defenders are still too slow in reacting to things in their area, and the middle of the field is a mess. Slants are killer, as are posts, drags, and in routes.

I still think the two biggest issues with pass defense are:

a) No pressure on QB and when he is pressured he isn't rattled by it whatsoever. Far too accurate with throws, especially under pressure.

b) No individual coverage assignments on defense. You cannot shade receivers towards help or to take things away. You can bump one guy and back off another. Until this is added, pass defense will continue to be an absolute chore, with no way to gameplan against the offense.

There are things to like about this game, but when all is said and done the on field experience makes me feel as though I am playing an Arena football game vs that of an NCAA game.

And the graphics on the PS3 are just plain awful.

PeteyKirch
07-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Just had a 21-10 win over Army.

I will say I was upset that the Army QBs went a combined 9-12, then again they only gained 30 yards through the air, so I guess it's not that bad.

Army had a decent showing on the ground, 40 carries for roughly 180 yards. I will say though that after changing the gameplan to be aggressive on the option, and just using a LB or S to cover the pitchman it became a lot easier to slow down their running attack.

Will say that I'm seeing perhaps too many LB's knocking down passes that should easily float over them to a breaking WR/TE.

DynastyJunkie
07-11-2013, 07:55 PM
In all, I've had a lot of fun with it, I do have a few complaints though that I would like to see improved via patch or tuner update.

Defense ... there is none. Especially in the middle of the field with zones. It's like sideline defense was improved, but defense between the hashes is non-existent. I need zones to be fixed, man coverage to be improved on slants.

Speed needs to be tuned. 95+ SPD needs to feel like that in the open field. It is as if EA put that shoestring tackle in the game to keep speed from being overpowered. However, it is still annoying that my 60+ yard TD's end up only being 30 yard runs instead.

Online, the camera on interceptions and fumbles needs to stop, & turn around, then resume like it does offline. Not only does it look weird otherwise, sometimes it ruins my returns.

Finally, the initial accleration on punt & kickoff returns. I hate that I start out in quicksand when I return a kick. Besides those aforementioned things, I love the game.

I agree with the Zone defense needing to be improved and man coverage on slants. Hopefully, EA will patch it.

DynastyJunkie
07-11-2013, 07:57 PM
I mean the ones that happen immediately after game ends. Not the ones files away to look through after thee game with the stats

Yes, I know. After Brad Nessler says goodbye then the game shows post highlights and pics

DynastyJunkie
07-11-2013, 07:58 PM

EA does need to tone down the shoestring tackle in the patch.

DynastyJunkie
07-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Will say that I'm seeing perhaps too many LB's knocking down passes that should easily float over them to a breaking WR/TE.

It's because your not using the right pass trajectory. I usually have to lob it over LBs and lead the reciever downfield to get it over their heads. It's easy to do once you figure it out

ram29jackson
07-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Yes, I know. After Brad Nessler says goodbye then the game shows post highlights and pics

in dynasty ? on xbox ?

kindella2
07-12-2013, 09:19 AM
It pretty much forces you to expect the shoe string tackle, you're only options are to hurdle as soon as you see the CPU lunge forward, or run at a zigzag downfield.

LOL. Yeah i was thinking of trying the Tecmo Bowl zig zag...

TheGamingDisciple
07-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Multiple teams have gray face masks in the game. Can anyone find out if this info has been directed to the correct EA staff for correction?

gschwendt
07-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Multiple teams have gray face masks in the game. Can anyone find out if this info has been directed to the correct EA staff for correction?
They are aware of it.

skipwondah33
07-12-2013, 02:03 PM
G I'm looking for you this weeked! lol

DertyMat
07-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Even with all the complaints. I must say this is the version ive been waiting for.

Now for some patches.

ram29jackson
07-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Even with all the complaints. I must say this is the version ive been waiting for.

Now for some patches.

i'm afraid of patches now. But with crap like defense getting TDs when they intercept in the endzone and run out the back of it and hurry up being a bitch on defense nd stuff..its needed

gschwendt
07-12-2013, 04:26 PM
G I'm looking for you this weeked! lol
Afraid I won't be around to play this weekend...

SCClassof93
07-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Afraid I won't be around to play this weekend...

http://static.lockerz.com/decalz/W600/image0013575169685904f41cb.gif

skipwondah33
07-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Afraid

All I read was this lol

I'm still pretty bad. Haven't gotten use to User control on D. Either can't react quick enough or miss easy tackles

xMrHitStickx904
07-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Is it by design that we don't have post game comments & a highlight montage in online games, including online dynasty games as well? I'm playing an offline dynasty, & the presentation is spectacular.

ram29jackson
07-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Is it by design that we don't have post game comments & a highlight montage in online games, including online dynasty games as well? I'm playing an offline dynasty, & the presentation is spectacular.

seems so

ram29jackson
07-12-2013, 06:08 PM
ncaaut/nut

the cpu decides to throw a screen pass from 3rd n 10 inside its own one yard line wich leads to a safety

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_NlzN5Ng7c

Jahswill
07-12-2013, 06:14 PM
LOL. Yeah i was thinking of trying the Tecmo Bowl zig zag...

This has worked a few times. A perfectly timed zig, and hurdle works but you better be in the open or you will get killed!

baseballplyrmvp
07-12-2013, 10:42 PM
when in dynasty, and you go to your "my school" to view your pitches in recruiting, why is the description for "academic prestige" the same as "playing time"?

and why is "championship contender" determined by the number of high caliber prospects you sign every year? wouldnt a better factor be the number of returning starters?

ag93au
07-13-2013, 02:08 AM
I keep getting this whole slow down thing going almost like a strobe effect and it makes it almost unplayable among other glitches. So for me I'm going back to 13 and check back on this one time to time to see if it gets fixed. P.S. This is EA so I'm not holding my breath

ballstryker97
07-13-2013, 07:26 AM
I was wondering if anyone had a good strategy for offseason recruiting. Just finished my first season and was in the lead with about 10 different recruits. I spread my points around and tried to allocate my points to where each recruit was getting about 2,000 points more than the second place team currently had. That plan didn't work very well, I only ended up getting 3/10 recruits. I think I had 2 prospects who decided to to commit to any school, and I was in first place by a large margin. The rest of the prospects went to other schools. Whats the best way to go about offseason recruiting? Are you just suppose to put all your points into one or two players and just forget about the rest of the guys are your board?

PeteyKirch
07-13-2013, 09:22 AM
I was wondering if anyone had a good strategy for offseason recruiting. Just finished my first season and was in the lead with about 10 different recruits. I spread my points around and tried to allocate my points to where each recruit was getting about 2,000 points more than the second place team currently had. That plan didn't work very well, I only ended up getting 3/10 recruits. I think I had 2 prospects who decided to to commit to any school, and I was in first place by a large margin. The rest of the prospects went to other schools. Whats the best way to go about offseason recruiting? Are you just suppose to put all your points into one or two players and just forget about the rest of the guys are your board?

You're pretty much screwed in the off-season unless you have only 3 guys or less left on your board.

It's the opposite of previous versions where teams filled the bulk of their classes in the off-season, now they are only adding the final piece or two.

ryby6969
07-13-2013, 09:30 AM
All I read was this lol

I'm still pretty bad. Haven't gotten use to User control on D. Either can't react quick enough or miss easy tackles

One thing that is really important on defense this year with the new running mechanics is not hit sticking constantly. I have had to train myself to not hitstick unless I have plenty of help to make the tackle should I miss. It took a lot of growing pains for me to start to get this through my head and I still find myself reverting back to my old ways on occasion.

PeteyKirch
07-13-2013, 09:47 AM
One thing that is really important on defense this year with the new running mechanics is not hit sticking constantly. I have had to train myself to not hitstick unless I have plenty of help to make the tackle should I miss. It took a lot of growing pains for me to start to get this through my head and I still find myself reverting back to my old ways on occasion.

Yeah not to go overboard with the hit stick is key, if you're going to use it, make sure you square up and have back up if the tackle is broken. Just use commonsense don't try using the hitstick on a bowling bowl HB with a stick of a CB.

jaymo76
07-13-2013, 10:51 AM
The OT bug/glitch is really starting to bother me. Twice this season I have gone to double OT and in double OT I score. Then the cpu is supposed to get the ball... except the cpu doesn't get the ball, I do. I have to run a play and the game is over. I earned victories over USC and Arizona this way but had the cpu had their possessions I probably would have lost both games simply based on momentum.

DertyMat
07-13-2013, 02:44 PM
i'm afraid of patches now. But with crap like defense getting TDs when they intercept in the endzone and run out the back of it and hurry up being a bitch on defense nd stuff..its needed

One thing I dont like is that on RTG the opposing team scores A LOT. No matter who I play.

DertyMat
07-13-2013, 02:45 PM
The OT bug/glitch is really starting to bother me. Twice this season I have gone to double OT and in double OT I score. Then the cpu is supposed to get the ball... except the cpu doesn't get the ball, I do. I have to run a play and the game is over. I earned victories over USC and Arizona this way but had the cpu had their possessions I probably would have lost both games simply based on momentum.

Agreed I noticed this happened but I was confused I thought there was a new rule I didnt know about.

DertyMat
07-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Yeah not to go overboard with the hit stick is key, if you're going to use it, make sure you square up and have back up if the tackle is broken. Just use commonsense don't try using the hitstick on a bowling bowl HB with a stick of a CB.

I think Tiburon should give us specifics on how to play with the new engine. Sorry for multi posts.

skipwondah33
07-14-2013, 12:23 PM
After my all nighter on Friday and playing alot of games more in-depth

This is definitely best version I've enjoyed most. I didnt really care for versions 09-12. 13 was ok, but 14 is far more polished. Which probably is due to IE being implemented but not completely.

More later

KIDZER0918
07-14-2013, 12:41 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2909003/WKUIRONQB.gif

jaymo76
07-14-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure if it's an issue yet or not but I have notived in my last four dynasty games that each of the cpu teams has had a double injury at one position (eg two RT's, two LE's 2 MLB's, two HB's. Maybe it's just a weird anomaly??? The only injuires I have had all season are to my #1 and #2 rb's.

ram29jackson
07-14-2013, 03:58 PM
I play this game,.. ive played like 24 games against other humans.

right now the fact is this game sucks compared to even the last 3 years. The players move all sexy, they cut,they gather..but theres a lot of warping and shifting again and they have no freaking awareness on defense or persuit ability.

it just plain sucks unless you're 11 years old or dumb as a rock.

jaymo76
07-14-2013, 04:22 PM
I play this game,.. ive played like 24 games against other humans.

right now the fact is this game sucks compared to even the last 3 years. The players move all sexy, they cut,they gather..but theres a lot of warping and shifting again and they have no freaking awareness on defense or persuit ability.

it just plain sucks unless you're 11 years old or dumb as a rock.

I am enjoying the game but I do agree with one thing you said. The more I play the more I see there is A LOT of warping this year as compared to previous years. Sometimes the physics are amazing and sometimes they are absolutley wonky.

baseballplyrmvp
07-14-2013, 04:31 PM

even with that though, if i try and hitstick with a DT, i get knocked backwards when trying to make a tackle on a runningback probably 75% of the time. then, when i try and lower my shoulders using silas redd, i cant even bowl over a corner. I've upped human tackling to 60 and lowered cpu rb ability to 40 and its helped some, but overall, i think the game rewards the cpu ball handlers a tad too much. i'd like to see more realistic outcomes in situations where an expected player should win (ie: 230 lb rb @ full speed not getting knocked on his ass by a 180 lb corner @ full speed).

jaymo76
07-14-2013, 04:36 PM
I just finished my first season as OC at Arizona St. We ended the season 12-2 and won the Alamo Bowl 28-21 over Baylor. The season was a lot of fun but there are some big issues that I have seen thus far. Please note that I am using my AA/Heisman slider set (posted in the sliders forum)

1. Player warping... far to frequent for my liking
2. Super sim seems borked... again
- far too many cpu pancakes
- minimal time of possession, etc.
3. logic.... the top five tackle leaders in the country were all on my team???????
4. complete lack of penalties regardless of slider tweaks
5. zone D can be unplayable at times
6. the cpu does NOT run the ball enough
7. there are no fumbles in the game...???...!!!
8. read option can be overpowered at times
9. Normal is far too fast for coach progression... I am now at level 9 (one season in)
10. IMO this game desperately needs an injury slider patched in

... grumble, grumble... gray facemasks.... grumble, grumble...

Okay... I'm ff the the carousel.

jaymo76
07-14-2013, 04:54 PM
First move in coaching carousel.... Penn St fires Bill O'Brien and he is replaced by Charlie Strong, had coach of 90ovr #4 ranked Louisville. Fourth move, Bill Blankenship, HC of Tulsa is hired as HC of Missouri since they fired Gary Finkel. Fourth move, Cal fires Sonny Dykes and hires NIU head coach Rod Carey.

They seem to have reworked the logic in coaching carousel and it is a lot better IMO.

ram29jackson
07-14-2013, 05:17 PM
I am enjoying the game but I do agree with one thing you said. The more I play the more I see there is A LOT of warping this year as compared to previous years. Sometimes the physics are amazing and sometimes they are absolutley wonky.

by yourself-against AI the game can be fun. But against other people, they destroyed it.

skipwondah33
07-14-2013, 05:19 PM
I've had the CPU be unstoppable at running and keep running. Oregon put up 215 rushing on Heisman against me. Getting about 20-25 carries a game between QB's and RB's. They dominated running Read Option all game. I hurt the starting QB, put him out for game but not before he picked up 30 yards rushing

Put a hit stick on him and separated his shoulder. The chunky looking back up came in and gouged me for a TD and 76 yards on the ground. Not to mention 13-16 throwing.

In this Dynasty I'm messing around in with Colorado looks like I'm going to get the #1 QB in the country. Going to be fun using him.

Rudy
07-14-2013, 05:47 PM
First move in coaching carousel.... Penn St fires Bill O'Brien and he is replaced by Charlie Strong, had coach of 90ovr #4 ranked Louisville. Fourth move, Bill Blankenship, HC of Tulsa is hired as HC of Missouri since they fired Gary Finkel. Fourth move, Cal fires Sonny Dykes and hires NIU head coach Rod Carey.

They seem to have reworked the logic in coaching carousel and it is a lot better IMO.

LACES OUT!!!!

http://jomoorehamilton.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/ace-ventura04.jpg

I think you meant Pinkel :)

Escobar
07-14-2013, 06:53 PM
1. Player warping... far to frequent for my liking
3. logic.... the top five tackle leaders in the country were all on my team???????
6. the cpu does NOT run the ball enough
gray facemasks.... grumble, grumble...

1.) I haven't really seen any player warping except for when downfield there seems to be a suction blocking to stop the last defender from making the tackle.
3.) The top five tacklers are all on your team because there is a glitch where it counts pass deflections and incompletions as tackles credited to the closest defender to the ball. I play as a DC in my offline dynasty and everytime there is an incomplete pass the stat banner pops up with one of my defenders and credits him with a tackle.
6.) That may be a result of the sliders you are using. I'm using snoop's and the cpu runs the ball plenty if that's their team style. I can see a difference in playcalling between running teams and pass happy spread teams. Especially after playing the same team next season after they have had a coaching change.
9.) Yeah you should definitely use slow for progression. Normal is pretty much for those people who think the game should be easy and they shouldn't lose a game. These are also the people complaining about the recruiting being real hard when it is actually more realistic. I've had no problem signing 15-18 prospects the past two seasons as Texas State.

I still haven't seen this gray facemask issue and I play alot with Michigan, which is one of the teams I have seen mentioned as showing up with them :dunno:

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2013, 06:58 PM

SCClassof93
07-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Well, it I guess was bound to happen. Played hours of RTG and some Ultimate Team and many offline solo dynasty games with no problems. Start an OL dynasty with a bud back home and now in our second season we are both having crashes. I had two today during the fourth quarter clips. This issue crippled last year, TW14 and now it appears NCAA 14. Sad, cause like Tiger this one is a lot of fun IMO.

jaymo76
07-14-2013, 10:31 PM
LACES OUT!!!!

http://jomoorehamilton.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/ace-ventura04.jpg

I think you meant Pinkel :)

:D ... oops; typo...:fp:

jaymo76
07-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Have people played around with recruiting in dynasty? I am very confused. I did terrible during the season and only managed to sign 9 players in total. The cpu signed a few more to help out. I then find out I have the 14th best draft class... how??? Then in a real bizarre happening, in the offseason the cpu added a number of walk-ons to gewt me to 70 players. Some of these freshman walk-ons are in the high 70's!!!

Anyways, still loving the game but here is my biggest concern... PROGRESSION is too much too quick. My starting QB started as an 85 and ended the season as an ovr 94. In the offseason he went up by 5 points and is now a 99. Almost every player increased between 4-7 points in the offseason.

ram29jackson
07-15-2013, 04:00 AM
auto generated names in teambuilder :D

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/ncaa%2014%20photos/gschwend_zps77fd889d.jpg (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/ncaa%2014%20photos/gschwend_zps77fd889d.jpg.html)

ram29jackson
07-15-2013, 04:49 AM
seems to me...sometimes you hit :ps3cir: to transfer to another player and they simply just fall down :fdown:

crap...just crap. A guy does hurry up online and you have no time to pick a play or set up with a late menu/playbook :fdown:

JBHuskers
07-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Well, it I guess was bound to happen. Played hours of RTG and some Ultimate Team and many offline solo dynasty games with no problems. Start an OL dynasty with a bud back home and now in our second season we are both having crashes. I had two today during the fourth quarter clips. This issue crippled last year, TW14 and now it appears NCAA 14. Sad, cause like Tiger this one is a lot of fun IMO.

I don't get why you crash so much. I rarely do in Tiger, maybe 3 times ever. Never have in NCAA.

SCClassof93
07-15-2013, 10:44 AM
I don't get why you crash so much. I rarely do in Tiger, maybe 3 times ever. Never have in NCAA.

:D it really is sad though. My ps3 does not crash on other games at all. TW13 was the first Tiger I had issues with and NCAA13 was the first NCAA to cause problems. Thinking about it all the crashes have been while online, tourneys, dynasties etc. NCAA13 was not fun enough to put up with, 14 is much better and I hope it won't be a big issue.

gigemaggs99
07-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Not sure if this has been passed on...playing online in the lobby ranked game versus my buddy. Went no huddle and the only formation it would allow me to pick was Hailmary. I was using Ohio State's PB.

Then today we played again, he was using A&M's PB and went no huddle and it would not allow him to change to another formation.

It's strange b/c it seems to work fine offline vs the cpu.

skipwondah33
07-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Man if I could play a lick of Defense this game would be dangerous lol

Getting use to the movement on Defense but damn it I'm only one person on the field

G I'm still waiting for my rematch :D

ram29jackson
07-15-2013, 05:17 PM
the dreaded gray facemask

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/9315/ncwr.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/ncwr.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

JBHuskers
07-15-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't even notice it while playing.

SCClassof93
07-15-2013, 05:19 PM

+1

ram29jackson
07-15-2013, 05:29 PM

+1

regardless, do it correctly. No excuses

Kingpin32
07-15-2013, 08:43 PM
I didn't realize they got rid of Season SHowdown.

ram29jackson
07-15-2013, 08:53 PM
I didn't realize they got rid of Season SHowdown.

i'm a little disappointed, I liked all the stat keeping it did just to look through once in a while

Kingpin32
07-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Still no TTU fight song. :(

JBHuskers
07-16-2013, 01:25 AM
Still no TTU fight song. :(

Probably the school or the composer of the song not allowing it. Or wanting too much:

http://collegecandy.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/make-it-rain-guys.gif

GatorfanStovy
07-16-2013, 02:08 AM
Damn ncaa 14 looks so sexy I need to play it asap. But I'm forcing my self to wait until I get enlisted into the navy ugh such torture it is you guys have no clue.

Reading how you guys are enjoying the game so much just sucks for me ... Damn my life ha kidding any how. Navy will be worth it!

SmoothPancakes
07-16-2013, 03:24 AM
Damn ncaa 14 looks so sexy I need to play it asap. But I'm forcing my self to wait until I get enlisted into the navy ugh such torture it is you guys have no clue.

Reading how you guys are enjoying the game so much just sucks for me ... Damn my life ha kidding any how. Navy will be worth it!

First world problems. :eyeroll: :D

SCClassof93
07-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Anyone seen this bug......Multiple player online dynasty.....players move from OC to HC in the same off season. Commish resditributes his point to the HC tree, player two is shown at the correct level (matter of fact it keeps proudly popping up the level HC) but only one point is given to distribute. Again, on the coach tree screen click to redistribute (LV5) only 1 point??? Oh and both the OC/DC for the player have a 0 level??? This has brought this particular dynasty to a halt and I won't join any others if this is some permabug :fp:

skipwondah33
07-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Just noticed Manziel was fastest rated QB in game (91 speed)

Wonder what speed rating is based off of.

Him winning the Heisman as a Freshman...or his reported 4.5 - 4.53 forty time?

CLW
07-17-2013, 12:49 PM
I think the game is 6/10 ish. There simply is ZERO defense in this game at all now. I don't know if that was the goal or not but I'll be messing with sliders over the next week or so before starting a dynasty.

ram29jackson
07-17-2013, 01:52 PM
I think the game is 6/10 ish. There simply is ZERO defense in this game at all now. I don't know if that was the goal or not but I'll be messing with sliders over the next week or so before starting a dynasty.

6/10

which is why I give it a 3 :)

it gets a 5 for color n design though.

CLW
07-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Well this is the last one in the series. It's really a sad day as I've been buying/playing this series since the original Bill Walsh on Sega.

14 is the END folks. Better make the most of it for a year in your ODs b/c there won't be ODs after the K ends in June (most likely).

skipwondah33
07-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Well this is the last one in the series. It's really a sad day as I've been buying/playing this series since the original Bill Walsh on Sega.

14 is the END folks. Better make the most of it for a year in your ODs b/c there won't be ODs after the K ends in June (most likely).Yep me as well

Time flies

JBHuskers
07-17-2013, 03:06 PM

14 is the END folks. Better make the most of it for a year in your ODs b/c there won't be ODs after the K ends in June (most likely).

Not so fast my friend.

CLW
07-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Not so fast my friend.

When is the trial date in O'Bannon/Keller? That's all you really need to know. You wanna know if the series continues watch that lawsuit and get a feel for how passionate EA appears to be defending itself.

JBHuskers
07-17-2013, 03:41 PM
All they want is money. Cuz they failed at the next level. They're not out for the good of the college athlete. ESPECIALLY Sam Keller.

CLW
07-17-2013, 03:45 PM
All they want is money. Cuz they failed at the next level. They're not out for the good of the college athlete. ESPECIALLY Sam Keller.

Yeah a few hundred million dollars is quite a bit of money even for EA.

ram29jackson
07-17-2013, 04:17 PM
why even have a squib kick ? all it does is suck right into the hands of a receiving team player and give them great field position. Its only a strategy if theres one or 2 seconds left and you have a small lead

jaymo76
07-17-2013, 05:52 PM
why even have a squib kick ? all it does is suck right into the hands of a receiving team player and give them great field position. Its only a strategy if theres one or 2 seconds left and you have a small lead

I have NEVER seen the cpu squib, even after the commentators says it's squib time... in Madden either!!!

jaymo76
07-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Cpu is going for it too often on 4th down IMO. Last night USC went for it on 4th down SIX times (and converted 4 times)

steelerfan
07-17-2013, 06:32 PM

Are you a member of Westboro Baptist Church?

Cap10 Morgan
07-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Ramjackson is the only one who has brought up the no-huddle issues that i can see.

This is driving me mad! Not just online, but against the CPU in any mode. When the CPU starts going no huddle, I get the option to pick a play sometimes AFTER he snaps (yes, the screen pops up, lol) But when I am on offense, I can't figure out a way to run hurry up. Is there a way to call same play and get it moving faster? I hold triangle until they are at the line, but still makes me pick a play. Even if I pick the same play, the QB starts yelling like its an audible and wastes a LOT of time at the end of quarters. Maybe I just lost my mind, but I could have sworn I could pick a play and even call some hot routes last year before they got to the line and snap faster than this. Is this just new release issues that will be fixed? It doesnt seem like the same true issues as last year (playbook issues that I havent had, but hear are back again), so I am hoping its not just something I have to get used to.

ram29jackson
07-18-2013, 01:49 PM
players had more control near the sidelines last year. Now, instead of turning up field even though they aren't that close to the sideline, they skate out of bounds. The playrs move too fast in general. Its like elements of the hockey game are involved.

AustinWolv
07-18-2013, 02:15 PM
players had more control near the sidelines last year. Now, instead of turning up field even though they aren't that close to the sideline, they skate out of bounds.
Agree on this for catching animations. When running the ball, not the same thing.
The receiver/RB catching the ball getting pulled out of bounds by the animation was a BIG complaint from a couple versions ago or so, and EA came out the following year advertising that they fixed that..........and now it is back.

PeteyKirch
07-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Agree on this for catching animations. When running the ball, not the same thing.
The receiver/RB catching the ball getting pulled out of bounds by the animation was a BIG complaint from a couple versions ago or so, and EA came out the following year advertising that they fixed that..........and now it is back.

BINGO

I can't stand hitting my FB out of the Flat with no one near him, and the animation pretty much takes him out of bounds every single time.

PeteyKirch
07-18-2013, 06:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MmWLeByejQ&feature=share&list=UUDjpLAOnymgJIDGRK7POL2A

There are times where I just absolutely hate this game, then love it shortly there after.

ram29jackson
07-18-2013, 06:57 PM
first 45 seconds are funny

jaymo76
07-18-2013, 09:18 PM
I take back what I said about the aggressive zone bug being fixed. It seems as though pretty much almost all cpu D are aggressive zones.

Also, was dynamic attendance removed??? There have been some major blowouts in games I have played and the crowd has not changed at all??? I got pummeled 52-17 at home t USC and the stadium was full to the very end.

gigemaggs99
07-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Any word on a 2nd patch or update?

If they could fix the CPU no-huddle hurry up issue that would do wonders for the game. It's frustrating not even getting to pick a play.

steelerfan
07-20-2013, 12:45 AM
I take back what I said about the aggressive zone bug being fixed. It seems as though pretty much almost all cpu D are aggressive zones.

Also, was dynamic attendance removed??? There have been some major blowouts in games I have played and the crowd has not changed at all??? I got pummeled 52-17 at home t USC and the stadium was full to the very end.

Are you playing as a coordinator? Some are saying the bug only rears it's head during Super Sim and is a non-issue if you're a head coach.

I can't verify that, I don't have the game.

ram29jackson
07-20-2013, 01:50 AM
Are you playing as a coordinator? Some are saying the bug only rears it's head during Super Sim and is a non-issue if you're a head coach.

npe, it happens just playing -play now- games

jaymo76
07-20-2013, 01:05 PM

Yeah, it's been as an OC. I started as a HC last night but I forgot to check. I will later tonight after the kids and wife go to bed.

souljahbill
07-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Got my copy today. Only played 1 game ( :Southern_Miss: vs. :Tulane: ). I won 24-14 on default All-American. CPU QB started off robo but towards the end, couldn't connect at all (was 20/25 at one point but then again, I would be too if everyone was wide open all the time). I think I'm going to really enjoy this game over the course of the year. The best part is that I can start with :Southern_Miss: in Dynasty mode because my alma mater is TERRIBLE is this game. Our best "Key Player" was only a 78!

Rudy
07-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Got my copy today.

Did it come on a slow boat from China lol? I've got my copy of Madden ordered online as I got a great deal. I really hope it doesn't come in too late for me. I'll lose it if I don't get it within a couple days. I may be sick on the day I get it.

souljahbill
07-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Did it come on a slow boat from China lol? I've got my copy of Madden ordered online as I got a great deal. I really hope it doesn't come in too late for me. I'll lose it if I don't get it within a couple days. I may be sick on the day I get it.

:D No, not at all. I ordered it from eBay 3 days ago for less then retail price with no tax and free shipping. I was gonna hold out a little longer because I'm neck deep into Animal Crossing on the 3DS but continually playing the NCAA demo made me pull the trigger sooner than I expected.

Rudy
07-20-2013, 05:30 PM
If you have the willpower to wait on sports games you can make out pretty good. Deals seem to come out quick and it's not a bad idea to wait for the first real patch either.

gigemaggs99
07-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Question on defense? I've had this happen to me a few times. I'm playing with all settings on Heisman, if that matters. I will be user controlling the MLB for example, I'm in zone coverage and he's "supposed to drop back and to the right" I see the right-side TE going on an out route to the sideline and I figure he's going to be open, so I attempt to get over and cover him asap. I hold the R2 to sprint over there and then left-analog stick to move him, when I do this my user controlled MLB will dive on the ground, almost as if I pressed the Square button instead. When this happens I get all worked up, cuss and scream b/c then, sure enough the CPU QB fires it over to the wide open TE and picks up easy yardage.

This has happened more than once, it's like I'm not really in control of the user-controlled player...am I doing something wrong?

I've had similar problems on offense. It's been while running w/ my HB. I hold down the R2 to sprint around the edge/corner usually on a buck sweep play and again controlling the HB w/ the left-analog stick, I attempt to turn up-field and the HB will jump/hurdle on his own. I don't press the triangle button. This only seems to happen if I'm pressing and holding the R2 while moving the Left-analog stick...are there some hidden juke moves I'm accidentally turning on? It really frustrated me yesterday, I had this "magic hurdle" happen and my HB jumped into the air, then the CB hammered my HB and flipped him in mid-air forcing a fumble and turnover. I was like wow...great :bang: It would be one thing if I pressed the triangle button and caused the HB to jump/hurdle but for him to do it on his own is very confusing... :dunno:

Has anyone else seen this?

jaymo76
07-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Finally seeing what peple were saying about the hurry up glitch. Versus Air Force three times I never even got to pick my play because the ball was snapped. This needs to be fixed immediately! Also had another glitch were I intercepted the ball on my 8 and the then the game resumes and I am in socirng position on the cpu 8???

GatorfanStovy
07-21-2013, 03:49 PM
How are you guys taking pictures for the game face stuff?

I'm tried multiple times and I can't get the 3d picture to come out right. Do you have a really zoomed in picture for it to work ?

Also are you guys actually using a good camera or just camera phones to pics?

I wanna get this all set up for when I get the game.

gigemaggs99
07-21-2013, 10:25 PM
How are you guys taking pictures for the game face stuff?

I'm tried multiple times and I can't get the 3d picture to come out right. Do you have a really zoomed in picture for it to work ?

Also are you guys actually using a good camera or just camera phones to pics?

I wanna get this all set up for when I get the game.

I'd know for sure, as I've not tried it on NCAA but with Tiger Woods 14 I tried using the Playstation Move camera for my gameface and the pictures came out horrible. I ended up using my digital camera and uploading the pictures to the EA gameface site. They turned out really nice.

GatorfanStovy
07-21-2013, 10:56 PM
So maybe I need to use a digital camera then.

I'm sure I need to have it zoomed it far possible.

Noleacious
07-22-2013, 12:27 PM
I am new here and didn't see a thread for players who play well past their ratings in the game. As anyone else noticed FSU QB Jacob Coker (84 OVR) plays like Dan Marino from Tecmo Super Bowl in this game?

Cap10 Morgan
07-22-2013, 01:35 PM
I am new here and didn't see a thread for players who play well past their ratings in the game. As anyone else noticed FSU QB Jacob Coker (84 OVR) plays like Dan Marino from Tecmo Super Bowl in this game?

No, but as a fellow Nole, I will be sure to check that out tonight! :nod:

Noleacious
07-22-2013, 01:37 PM
No, but as a fellow Nole, I will be sure to check that out tonight! :nod:

In my Dynasty, Jameis Winston went down and I was still having trouble throwing the ball. Coker came in and he can throw the ball all over the field and is just athletic enough to keep defenses honest on some Read Option. It is amazing to see the difference in arm strength between Winston, Coker, and Sean Maguire.

Cap10 Morgan
07-22-2013, 01:41 PM
In my Dynasty, Jameis Winston went down and I was still having trouble throwing the ball. Coker came in and he can throw the ball all over the field and is just athletic enough to keep defenses honest on some Read Option. It is amazing to see the difference in arm strength between Winston, Coker, and Sean Maguire.

I've been lucky enough that Winston hasn't been injured yet. Between dynasty, UT, drills, and trying to work on a CPB... I haven't had a chance to spend time really looking at the roster or playing other players. So far, I've just jumped into the game with what the CPU gave me, lol. Would be nice if EA nailed this one and Coker plays like that IRL this year. (AND if Jameis lives up to the hype)

ram29jackson
07-23-2013, 06:39 PM
make all the excuses you want about real football this and its not that bad that, what ever. This game is so broken. DBs don't cover flats and outs...4th downs are way too easy to convert as opposed to last year. The big play is way more available/possible. You can dominate someone all game but all they need is 2 lucky ( so called ) passes and they are in it or win it for no rhyme or reason ( if anyone thinks of comparing it to real life, shut the hell up LOL you cant come from behind that often,that easily. You pick the exact defense needed for the exact situation and your players just leave their position and make no effort to recover. Its annoyingly stupid online. So freaking dumbed down for online play.

skipwondah33
07-24-2013, 07:08 AM
You pick the exact defense needed for the exact situation and your players just leave their position and make no effort to recover. Its annoyingly stupid online. So freaking dumbed down for online play.This...is so true that I am finding out +1

But this is in general, not just online play. Against CPU and other users as well.

jaymo76
07-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Now seven games into my UNLV head coach dynasty... ZERO FUMBLES & ZERO INJUIRES!?!?!?! The cpu teams usually have one or two injuries (qb, hb, wr, etc.). Why the NCAA team does not give us sliders for FUMBLES and INJURIES is mind-boggling, especially since the injury slider in Madden works perfectly. There are so many little things about this series that hold it back and they seem like easy fixes.

ram29jackson
07-24-2013, 01:34 PM
I doubt -Ballhawk- works the way its supposed to. It worked better last year.

Rudy
07-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Now seven games into my UNLV head coach dynasty... ZERO FUMBLES & ZERO INJUIRES!?!?!?! The cpu teams usually have one or two injuries (qb, hb, wr, etc.). Why the NCAA team does not give us sliders for FUMBLES and INJURIES is mind-boggling, especially since the injury slider in Madden works perfectly. There are so many little things about this series that hold it back and they seem like easy fixes.

The Tiburon team does not seem to care much about sliders. I think it's something we have to live with unfortunately.

ram29jackson
07-24-2013, 03:31 PM
The Tiburon team does not seem to care much about sliders. I think it's something we have to live with unfortunately.

for the heck of it..I moved the roughing the passer slider up to like...61 I think and it got called twice in 4 plays lol

jaymo76
07-24-2013, 03:56 PM
A few people at OS worked it out that there are 108 FACEMASKS which have incorectly used gray (ps3). How does qaulity control overlook that???

AustinWolv
07-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Someone is lacking....a.....life....

ram29jackson
07-24-2013, 04:21 PM
A few people at OS worked it out that there are 108 FACEMASKS which have incorectly used gray (ps3). How does qaulity control overlook that???

you assume it was overlooked. Ignored may be the case. A little sloppy in any case

PeteyKirch
07-24-2013, 05:51 PM
The physics can be hysterical at times.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7322/9362382982_7d19143007_o.gif

Rudy
07-24-2013, 08:29 PM
The physics can be hysterical at times.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7322/9362382982_7d19143007_o.gif

I thought that looked good. Mark Sanchez approves!

ram29jackson
07-24-2013, 09:44 PM
did they say it was borrowed from the hockey game engine ?

PeteyKirch
07-25-2013, 04:11 AM
I thought that looked good. Mark Sanchez approves!

The only thing I have an issue with is the RG warping. In theory I like how you can be tackled by your own players, it's just how the RG teleported to pick up the DE.

souljahbill
07-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Started an RTG with an option QB. I threw the ball over 40 times. The CPU called 4 Verts TWICE inside the opponents 10-yd line! :fp: Playcalling will always hold this mode back.

skipwondah33
07-25-2013, 09:34 AM
for the heck of it..I moved the roughing the passer slider up to like...61 I think and it got called twice in 4 plays lolYeah I experienced the same. I bumped it up on had it called 3 times in a single drive.

I cause fumbles quite a bit but not as much as it appears..key word appears that I should be causing. Just basing off of the type of hits that I am seeing. In 1 and a half seasons I've probably caused 7-8 I believe..maybe 1 less.

Oh and in that video, damn #65 looped back there awful quick and fast didn't he? The RB could have helped out a little bit

psusnoop
07-25-2013, 11:22 AM

Week 2 of powerhouse OD nad I've lost my starting WR for the season with a broken vertebra. I've seen 3 fumbles as well so far.

Escobar
07-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Week 2 of powerhouse OD nad I've lost my starting WR for the season with a broken vertebra. I've seen 3 fumbles as well so far.

I think the sliders impact fumble frequency and injuries for some reason. With the sliders we are using I'm seeing more fumbles from big hits or strips by the CPU. Same with injuries.

ram29jackson
07-25-2013, 02:11 PM

just for the season ?

ram29jackson
07-25-2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCj5nls1LJs&feature=player_embedded

GatorfanStovy
07-26-2013, 03:30 AM
:fp: nice qb .

ram29jackson
07-26-2013, 06:16 PM
they said they simplified menu's to make things easier/faster. Seems to me things take longer to load or to be able to move from one section to another in some cases especialy in NUT and while your in a game for one reason or another. It takes forever to get a time out to take in game at times.

there are times this game seems kind of fun and real and a new experience but the other half It seems there is no point in actually trying to pick any defensive play what so ever. Players either don't react or react wrong all game long and then from out of know where for no reason you get lucky with an int. ...but it doesn't feel like it was supposed to happen or that you knew why it happened. This cant have been a finished product in this manner

jaymo76
07-27-2013, 01:41 PM
I am starting to wonder if NCAA has the issue that Madden had last year. Specifically what I am referring to is online games versus offline games. Last year in Madden if you were in an online dynasty you would get instantaneous tuning updates and the game played very different from offline. I know it's not the same thing but it seems as though if you login to play dynasty versus don't login, the game plays differently. Four straight games I played offline and not logged in and I won them all by pretty big margins. The cpu could not run the ball... it was ugly. However, last night I logged in and was online and I lost both games. In the two games the cpu ran all over me (SDSU starting RB had 202 yards and 4 td's. ; BYU's starting RB had 194 yards and 2 td's). Plus the cpu QB passing percentage was well over 70%. How could things be so different between games? Honestly I have no idea but I am just throwing it out there... has anyone seen a difference in how games play when you are connected to EA versus not connected???

ram29jackson
07-27-2013, 09:07 PM
I am starting to wonder if NCAA has the issue that Madden had last year. Specifically what I am referring to is online games versus offline games. Last year in Madden if you were in an online dynasty you would get instantaneous tuning updates and the game played very different from offline. I know it's not the same thing but it seems as though if you login to play dynasty versus don't login, the game plays differently. Four straight games I played offline and not logged in and I won them all by pretty big margins. The cpu could not run the ball... it was ugly. However, last night I logged in and was online and I lost both games. In the two games the cpu ran all over me (SDSU starting RB had 202 yards and 4 td's. ; BYU's starting RB had 194 yards and 2 td's). Plus the cpu QB passing percentage was well over 70%. How could things be so different between games? Honestly I have no idea but I am just throwing it out there... has anyone seen a difference in how games play when you are connected to EA versus not connected???

ncaaut AI challenge mode games are a nasty cheating bitch at the higher levels

souljahbill
07-30-2013, 08:07 AM
I'm playing as a coordinator in my dynasty and I LOVE the new recruiting but I can already tell that when I do become an HC, I'm putting ALL my points into the recruiting tree. I can deal with my kicker being iced or squiggly lines if I have good players but I can't get good players if I don't have access to a bunch of points. Those points are a precious commodity.

oweb26
07-31-2013, 10:29 AM
Question, I set up a OD and forgot to make it where players can only use created HC, so there is always the one person who pleads ignorant ( but I digress) , who used an already created coach his XP is worlds better than anyone elses. Can I change this after the fact where he has to create a coach or is it stuck as is?

Second question..... there a default coach start position thingy, does this work after the dynasty has already started. I would assume not since its not working!

GoBeavers
07-31-2013, 11:06 AM
For those of you who have played the game more than I have does the experience needed to level up my coach increase as time goes on? Because right now it seems as if my guys is getting new levels every other game or so.

jaymo76
07-31-2013, 01:15 PM
For those of you who have played the game more than I have does the experience needed to level up my coach increase as time goes on? Because right now it seems as if my guys is getting new levels every other game or so.

Yes, each level the xp is higher. The first season you gain a lot but slow down greatly by season three.

souljahbill
08-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Question, I set up a OD and forgot to make it where players can only use created HC, so there is always the one person who pleads ignorant ( but I digress) , who used an already created coach his XP is worlds better than anyone elses. Can I change this after the fact where he has to create a coach or is it stuck as is?

Second question..... there a default coach start position thingy, does this work after the dynasty has already started. I would assume not since its not working!

I wouldn't even want to play with that guy. He clearly doesn't care about fair play.

oweb26
08-01-2013, 03:18 PM
LOL...I just kicked him out and he came back in with a created coach, so no biggie.

I have been playing with him since OD has come out, I just have no idea what the hell he was thinking on that.

GoBeavers
08-01-2013, 06:31 PM
So I have heard the reason I am not seeing studio updates as and offensive coordinator is because they only happen after extra points, I'm okay with that but I'm wondering if I watch the extra point will I then be able to see the studio update? Guess I'm going to have to check this out.

ncaajunkie
08-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Any news on the 2nd patch?

oweb26
08-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Was there a first patch?

SmoothPancakes
08-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Was there a first patch?

The release day patch, but that's it. We're a week away from a month since release, and the only patch we've had is the day one patch. I don't even know if there has been much of anything in way of tuner updates. I only remember seeing my console/game download one tuner update so far. I'm of the thought process that EA could give us an improved zone defense, or hell, give us A defense with changes and fixes made via tuner updates.

Unfortunately, unlike games like the NHL series, where they seemingly release a new tuner update every couple days or every week, we don't see a single tuner update in NCAA unless it's paired with a patch. The NCAA team have a great thing in their hands with tuner updates, but they refuse to use them at all unless it's combined with a patch. If we could drill that into their goddamn heads, that they can release tuner updates every few days or every week or every two weeks, not only when they get around to releasing a patch, a lot of gameplay issues could be quickly improved. Maybe not "fixed", but certainly improved.

CLW
08-02-2013, 06:55 AM
The release day patch, but that's it. We're a week away from a month since release, and the only patch we've had is the day one patch. I don't even know if there has been much of anything in way of tuner updates. I only remember seeing my console/game download one tuner update so far. I'm of the thought process that EA could give us an improved zone defense, or hell, give us A defense with changes and fixes made via tuner updates.

Unfortunately, unlike games like the NHL series, where they seemingly release a new tuner update every couple days or every week, we don't see a single tuner update in NCAA unless it's paired with a patch. The NCAA team have a great thing in their hands with tuner updates, but they refuse to use them at all unless it's combined with a patch. If we could drill that into their goddamn heads, that they can release tuner updates every few days or every week or every two weeks, not only when they get around to releasing a patch, a lot of gameplay issues could be quickly improved. Maybe not "fixed", but certainly improved.

My bet is this is the game no patches no tunes they have 100% turned their focus to PS4/XB1 now and there will be no further support for this title except possibly some paid uniform DLC and possibly more pay for NUT specials.

gschwendt
08-02-2013, 08:05 AM

oweb26
08-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Ahh yeah I remember now I had the season Pass so when I bought the game I didnt have one again.........

Hopefully they were just responding to someone who specifically asked about the facemask, but it would seem to be the perfect opportunity to say "this plus some other stuff is in the works"

jaymo76
08-02-2013, 05:05 PM
My bet is this is the game no patches no tunes they have 100% turned their focus to PS4/XB1 now and there will be no further support for this title except possibly some paid uniform DLC and possibly more pay for NUT specials.

I'm generally surprised there has been no real mention of patches/fixes/tuner updates. The devs have been very quiet this year. In many ways it is eerily reminiscent of NCAA BASKETBALL 10...

gigemaggs99
08-07-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm generally surprised there has been no real mention of patches/fixes/tuner updates. The devs have been very quiet this year. In many ways it is eerily reminiscent of NCAA BASKETBALL 10...

Same here, the only real issue I'm concerned with is the lack of no-huddle hurry-up for the USER compared to the CPU abusing it like crazy. If they fixed this I'm good with everything else.

Honestly the color of socks, or facemasks, etc... don't make or break the game for me.

ram29jackson
08-07-2013, 06:34 PM
the weirdest crap just happened in my ultimate team head to head game.

game is almost over, I'm well ahead. My cornerback intercepts a ball in the end zone . I want to simply down it so I take my hands off joystick so he ( as usual should just go on a knee. But instead of that or falling down ...he's getting pushed and pulled or rather bumping into other players...and he starts going towards the field...ive got my thumb on the stick now trying to keep him in the end zone but its like its fighting me and he wont down the freaking ball and no opposing player seems to bump him enough to take him down.

he keeps going towards the field so I direct him to run out of it.
But by now I notice he is going at like one fourth the speed of everyone else...my players and other players are moving at faster speeds and getting in his way. I finally get bumped out of bounds but the replay was too long to see what happened in end zone.

Just more freaking bizarre crap from this game LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMVE2d7EkL8&feature=youtu.be

GatorfanStovy
08-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Man I was GB Games yesterday and almost got NCAA 14 but I didn't because the gf was with and any ways the game 40 bucks ! Damn it ugh. I may sneak over there later and see if it is there over the weekend and just get it. 40 bucks is cheap .

ram29jackson
08-09-2013, 02:44 AM
I am sick and tired of constantly seeing my defense get beat by 10 yards on deep passes when I have 3 or 4 deep blue zones, I committed to the pass and have zones on relaxed. It happens waaay to efing much.

and I think the clock in game is kind of slow too.

ballhawk simply does not work at all. Not the way they advertised it anyway...its more like ballpigeon

ram29jackson
08-09-2013, 03:48 AM
ive had more online games just drop and get disconnected than last year already. At least as far as a first month is concerned.

PeteyKirch
08-09-2013, 06:28 PM
I am sick and tired of constantly seeing my defense get beat by 10 yards on deep passes when I have 3 or 4 deep blue zones, I committed to the pass and have zones on relaxed. It happens waaay to efing much.

and I think the clock in game is kind of slow too.

ballhawk simply does not work at all. Not the way they advertised it anyway...its more like ballpigeon

The delay one the reaction of inputting a command is ridiculous.

You get the notification for "USER CATCH" and the first thing that happens is a hurdle despite only hitting Y once.

I wouldn't mind the ballhawk feature if you know the guy went for the pick and missed, but when you hold the Y or mash the Y button and neither makes the defender do anything it's depressing.

jaymo76
08-09-2013, 07:14 PM
After four seasons and my slider set, the cpu offense is pretty crappy again... I am back to #1 D status with my C+ RATED UNLV D...

Here are some of my concerns & observations thus far.

1. Progression is way too quick... each player goes up on avg 5/6 points per offseason
2. penalty sliders are a mix between useless and hopeless
3. zone coverage for the cpu is awful
4. there are pretty much no fumbles in this game
5. After four seasons I have now had three injuries lasting more than one game!!!! (please read this again...:smh:
6. cpu play logic is very poor and the cpu goes for it on fourth down far too often.
7. wrong commentary at the wrong time far too frequently
8. 3rd OT glitch
9. Int in the end zone becomes a TD glitch
10 frame rate glitch after checking out the instant replay
11. freezing issue after changing audibles (outside of the game)
12. incorrect gray facemasks for 100+ helmets (ps3)
13. matchup stick not properly working by the 2nd quarter
14. huge issues with supersim (re: stats)
15. very laggy when advancing to the next week
16. still a lot to be desired with infinity 2.0 ( but overall it is a nice improvement)
17. strong arm is way, way, way overpowered
18. LE / LOLB still get the most sacks versus RE / ROLB
19. pregame O and D listings (eg 4-3) for cpu teams are not accurate as they are tied to the coordinator, not the head coach
* eg it say 4-3 but the D is actually 4-2-5 in game because that's what the head coach runs
20. progression of coaches regarding xp is too fast on normal (if I were to restart I would use slow)
21. pre-game show with highlight of the game about to be played... seriously??? :fp:
22. one month later... no tuners and no patches and no updates........................................... ..............

I must admit though that I absolutely love the half-time show and I do really enjoy the xp coach skills aspect to the game. Recruiting is also significantly better (and shorter) which is a great thing. Regardless of the list above I am enjoying a lot about this game. I give it a solid 7/10. It's not great and it is nowhere near close to the best NCAA but it is pretty good value. I have easily got my monies worth thus far. I will say though that this game really has become stagnant this generation and will really need a big change-up on ps4.

ram29jackson
08-16-2013, 04:45 PM
I have a tiny suspicion that when they took out the the go for the int or block the pass game-planning it also screwed with defensive coverage.

its just freaking annoying how 3 players are right there and no one makes a fricking play on the ball, ..no jumping , no hands raised..nothing..and it probably wouldn't matter anyway because the pass will be completed no matter what is what it looks like most of the time

jaymo76
08-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Still no patch nor word of a patch from the devs. Very strange indeed.

SCClassof93
08-16-2013, 05:16 PM

CLW
08-16-2013, 05:58 PM

Meh See NCAA Basketball 10.

IMHO EA is done with this game/series unless they get a favorable SCOTUS ruling.

bdoughty
08-16-2013, 06:13 PM
I hope it is not a NCAA Basketball 10. The crappy thing is they were starting to make a descent college basketball game and the presentation was top notch, only to have it all spoiled by that damn freezing issue.

cdj
08-16-2013, 06:14 PM

As of late July, there were tweets from devs in response to community questions basically stating/implying they were working on another update.

There was a day one update, but EA never put out notes on it.

If they waited a few weeks after launch to gather community issues then develop and go through certification, it would take some time to be released.

Escobar
08-16-2013, 07:51 PM
I think they have all jumped ship, and are getting ready for next gen. I bet Madden 25 current gen will be the same way. Once it's released it will be all hands on deck for Madden 25 next gen.

ram29jackson
08-18-2013, 12:23 AM
damn ea servers on ps3 down right now

jaymo76
08-18-2013, 12:40 AM
As of late July, there were tweets from devs in response to community questions basically stating/implying they were working on another update.

There was a day one update, but EA never put out notes on it.

If they waited a few weeks after launch to gather community issues then develop and go through certification, it would take some time to be released.

They probably will have another patch but it's just so strange as to how quiet they are this year. Why has EA/Tiburon not mentioned a word this year? It seems like a strange strategy. This is pretty much identical to how NCAA Basketball 10 went down. Do you know why the NCAA team has been so hush, hush this year? Marketing and communication have been somewhat non-existent this year .