PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 14 - Are you attending a midnight release event?

cdj
07-08-2013, 06:22 PM
If you attend a midnight release for NCAA Football 14 (GameStop, Wal-Mart, etc.), let us know and feel free to post pics here or tweet them to us @gamingtailgate

We'd love to know the attitude of the crowd. Are they up to date on features? What are they most excited for in NCAA 14?

If you compete in any launch event tournaments, let us know how you fare.

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Nope. Gonna be playing the Season Ticket version all night, then I'll wander out to Walmart sometime in the morning. Cancelled my Amazon preorder yesterday. I've got to be out on the north side of town for some stuff in the morning, so I'll be right there next to Walmart. Can buzz in and out with a copy in just a couple minutes and be home playing it before noon, as opposed to waiting until either 1:30 or 4:30 pm (depending on which truck the douchebags at UPS put my package on, the early truck or the late truck).

Deuce
07-08-2013, 06:30 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you can 'convert' your season ticket version to retail version? Is this accurate?

Typed by thumbs.

jaymo76
07-08-2013, 06:31 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you can 'convert' your season ticket version to retail version? Is this accurate?

Typed by thumbs.

Without downloading again??? I would be very interested if that's the case.

majesty95
07-08-2013, 07:00 PM
I called GameStop and they said that company wide there are no midnight releases tonight. Didn't get enough pre-orders. Just FYI. Might want to confirm in your area.

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2013, 07:14 PM

Typed by thumbs.

If that's the case, then hell, count me in. Actually thinking about it, I'm half tempted to just buy NCAA 14 via Xbox Live if it's available on demand tomorrow. Then I can play it at 6am. :D

gschwendt
07-08-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm fairly certain you'll have to re-download.

Deuce
07-08-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm fairly certain you'll have to re-download.

If that's the case ill just buy the hard copy.

Typed by thumbs.

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Well that sucks. Yeah, in that case, I'll just swing by Walmart tomorrow in the early morning and grab one off the shelf. It takes maybe 5 minutes to install it off the disc, as opposed to an hour+ to download.

ram29jackson
07-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Target wont give in till tomorrow

GBRNation
07-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately I'm flying home tomorrow from Ohio so I won't be able to get it until five pm. It's just torture having to read through all of the people playing the game while I'm away from home.

Sent via Tapatalk

ram29jackson
07-08-2013, 09:19 PM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3308/vkb.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/vkb.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Too bad many places you can't get it after midnight this year. :D

Hell, here in my town, the earliest it'll show up on shelves in 6am. Walmart doesn't put out new stuff that just arrived on the trucks until after 6am (at least that was the word I was told last year) and it's the same for the other places in town.

Quest4Gold
07-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Last year the one I went to we had over 75 people waiting. I can't imagine the store dropping it for this year. I just text my brother to find out since it is by him.

JBHuskers
07-08-2013, 09:41 PM

Hell, here in my town, the earliest it'll show up on shelves in 6am. Walmart doesn't put out new stuff that just arrived on the trucks until after 6am (at least that was the word I was told last year) and it's the same for the other places in town.

I guess since Lincoln is a college town, Wal-Mart has a midnight release.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2013, 10:01 PM
I guess since Lincoln is a college town, Wal-Mart has a midnight release.

Bastards. :(

No one here in town does midnight releases for anything. Not even the Call of Duties. The only place within a half hour of this place that has done a midnight release that I know of was the Gamestop next town over, which is a good 15-20 minute drive going 65 MPH down US 24.

This town, other than Walmart, Meijer, Chief (local grocery store), the gas stations and Burger King (and Taco Bell til 3 AM), the entire town is shut down and dead until 6 AM when the locally owned food places and the coffee shops in town start to open up. Then the rest of town starts to open up between 7 and 9 AM.

I OU a Beatn
07-08-2013, 10:50 PM

Every 24 hour Walmart will release it at midnight. Just go back to the video games and ask whoever is working the area to check the packages. As long as it's after midnight local time, they wont have a problem doing it. I used to do that all the time.

If it's not a 24 hour Walmart, though, then I guess it depends if they're open after midnight. If so, then it should be the same.

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Every 24 hour Walmart will release it at midnight. Just go back to the video games and ask whoever is working the area to check the packages. As long as it's after midnight local time, they wont have a problem doing it. I used to do that all the time.

If it's not a 24 hour Walmart, though, then I guess it depends if they're open after midnight. If so, then it should be the same.

I've gone in the past to try and get a game on release day, but the person, who I eventually found since the media and entertainment section is usually deserted at night, said that I wouldn't be able to buy it until morning, after either 6 or 8 AM when the morning people have shown up to unload the trucks and put it on the shelves.

While we have a 24 hour Walmart, we also are a "small" city, 16,494 population as of the 2010 census, surrounding by farm country, so the only people in Walmart in the middle of the night are those stocking the food shelves, the one, maybe two checkout cashiers and a couple other people wandering around stocking various things in other departments.

I may give go ahead and give it a try though. Because of my work hours when it comes to Fridays and Saturdays, I'm on a third shift sleep cycle, so I'm awake the entire night and don't go to bed until sometime between 6 and 10 AM, so I may run out there in a little bit, see if I can get someone to grab a copy from the back (if it's been unloaded yet).

I OU a Beatn
07-08-2013, 11:04 PM
I've gone in the past to try and get a game on release day, but the person, who I eventually found since the media and entertainment section is usually deserted at night, said that I wouldn't be able to buy it until morning, after either 6 or 8 AM when the morning people have shown up to unload the trucks and put it on the shelves.

While we have a 24 hour Walmart, we also are a "small" city, 16,494 population as of the 2010 census, surrounding by farm country, so the only people in Walmart in the middle of the night are those stocking the food shelves, the one, maybe two checkout cashiers and a couple other people wandering around stocking various things in other departments.

I may give go ahead and give it a try though. Because of my work hours when it comes to Fridays and Saturdays, I'm on a third shift sleep cycle, so I'm awake the entire night and don't go to bed until sometime between 6 and 10 AM, so I may run out there in a little bit, see if I can get someone to grab a copy from the back (if it's been unloaded yet).

Where I live is much smaller than that and it was always deserted, too. The old "I called earlier and they said I'd be able to pick it up after midnight" line always worked for me to get someone off their ass. I haven't bought NCAA or Madden in years, though, so I haven't bothered since the PS2 days. I've gotten others games that way, though.

You know what time the Season Ticket Early Access expires by chance?

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Where I live is much smaller than that and it was always deserted, too. The old "I called earlier and they said I'd be able to pick it up after midnight" line always worked for me to get someone off their ass. I haven't bought NCAA or Madden in years, though, so I haven't bothered since the PS2 days. I've gotten others games that way, though.

You know what time the Season Ticket Early Access expires by chance?

Well then, I think I might swing by out there in a little bit and give that line a whirl. :D

That's a good question. The two times that for some reason stick out in my mind are 6 AM and 1 PM. I think 6 AM might have been the time in the past, and 1 PM would make sense if they were going from 1 PM Friday to 1 PM Tuesday for season ticket subscribers. The EA Sports app might have a clock on when it expires, like it did for when it was available to download. I'm still in the middle of my game against Utah, so I can't check just yet.

jaymo76
07-08-2013, 11:25 PM
I love the NCAA series but to be Mr. Obvious... it's not a big seller in Canada. EB Games, Future Shop and Best Buy all sell it but most release days I walk in and tell the staff the game has been released and wait for 20 minutes for someone from the back to bring it up front.

JBHuskers
07-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Well then, I think I might swing by out there in a little bit and give that line a whirl. :D

That's a good question. The two times that for some reason stick out in my mind are 6 AM and 1 PM. I think 6 AM might have been the time in the past, and 1 PM would make sense if they were going from 1 PM Friday to 1 PM Tuesday for season ticket subscribers. The EA Sports app might have a clock on when it expires, like it did for when it was available to download. I'm still in the middle of my game against Utah, so I can't check just yet.

Worth a shot.

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Worth a shot.

My thoughts exactly. I'm gonna be awake for at least the next 6 hours anyways, and it's 10 minutes away from 1 AM here in NW Ohio, so it's DEFINITELY after midnight. I'm gonna try to wrap up this Utah game and then wander out to the north side of town.

dhook27
07-09-2013, 12:38 AM
My thoughts exactly. I'm gonna be awake for at least the next 6 hours anyways, and it's 10 minutes away from 1 AM here in NW Ohio, so it's DEFINITELY after midnight. I'm gonna try to wrap up this Utah game and then wander out to the north side of town.
You live in NW Ohio too? Let me gues you either live in Perrysburg, Rich side of Toledo, Wood County, Sandusky, Bowling Green. Did i get one correct?

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2013, 12:43 AM
You live in NW Ohio too? Let me gues you either live in Perrysburg, Rich side of Toledo, Wood County, Sandusky, Bowling Green. Did i get one correct?

None of the above.

dhook27
07-09-2013, 12:47 AM
[QUOTE=SmoothPancakes;208942]None of the above.[/QUO:(

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Success! Apparently the Walmart here in town has started to do things right since the last time I went there to buy a new release game in the middle of the night.

Just got back from Walmart and am installing the disc right now. I got out there a little before 2, headed back to the section and to my surprise there was a lady there stocking the 360 shelves. I looked at her cart, all I saw was Black Ops II, Gears of War: Judgement and Bioshock: Infinite.

Then I noticed a poster at the end of the aisle with Denard Robinson on it, saying something to the effect of "Get NCAA Football 14 Today" or something. Turned the corner into the main aisle and a little case at the end of the shelves there had "new releases" in it. Some of them rather old, like Bioshock: Infinite. :D But right there on the left side, two copies of NCAA Football 14.

Naturally, since they were outside of the security glass, they had those suckers tightly enclosed in hard plastic security cases, but luckily someone was nearby at the self checkout lanes (the only lanes open in the entire store) to take the case off and I was on my way out the door.

At 2:30 AM, 70% complete on installing the disc and I will be off on running on the official final product for another year. Sure as hell beats waiting until 1:30 or 4:30 PM for UPS to finally eventually make their way around and drop off my package from Amazon. :D

CLW
07-09-2013, 06:26 AM
nope.

dhook27
07-09-2013, 06:34 AM
nope.
Why u so late