Hoser11
07-04-2013, 05:13 PM
XBOX TEAMBUILDERS/CAS Dynasty

Dynasty: XBOX Teambuilder/CAS Dynasty

Console: 360

Difficulty: All-American Gameplay and Recruiting

Quarter Length: 7 Minutes

Commissioner: Hoser11

League Scheduling: All league communication will be done through the TGT Forums, text, and pm

Rules(Liberally Stolen from B10):

Relaxed Sim Style. Play like they play on Saturdays, respect your fellow coaches, and have fun. We are going to keep this thing cheddar-free. If it's not possible or likely in real life, don't do it. When in doubt about what constitutes cheesing, respect your opponents calls. If they call 'cheese', respect it and stop doing it.

'Cheesing' is a way to say 'cheesy-tactics'. Loosely defined, that means doing things that may work agaist the A.I. of the game that would NEVER happen in real football. It's exploitation of the limitations of the games programming. The debate over cheesing always centers around wether or not the tactics are exploiting the weakness of the games A.I. or exploiting the weaknesses of the human you are competing against. The best way to avoid cheesing (and therefore stay sim-ulation style) is to mix up your play calling.

Rules for User-Games (Strictly applied):

1) Punt on all 4th downs your side of the 50. The games are so short and the posessions so few that stealing a posession by converting a fourth and short has triple the impact it would have in real life. I won't say that it's cheese to go for it on fourth because it's not, but it makes the games more fun and competitive if you punt it when you are in your own territory.

**Note: If you are down by 14 points or more in the second half OR by one score in the 4th quarter this provision is waived.

2) No chewing the clock. Let it run down naturally if you want, but again it has much more of an impact on the number of posessions than it would in real life. With my offense, I can chew the clock and give you only two or three posessions TOTAL. I'd win, but it would make for a lame game. This is a part of respecting your fellow coaches, so keep that in mind.

3) You must have at least 2 pass rushers on any play (i.e. no dropping 11)

4) No run commit

5) Please respect your fellow coaches. If up by a lot late in the game and the other person concedes, just run the ball. If the other player is still passing or running no-huddle, the person that is leading is free to do whatever they want (i.e. sportmanship is 2 way street).

Also, please remember that everyone's time is very important and if you set a time to play but are unable to make that time, a simple pm, text, or post on the board is appreciated. Obviously, sometimes real life things happen which preclude this, but if it becomes a habit, disciplinary action will be undertaken. If you set a time to play and are stood up without any explanation, the team that is stood up has the option to 1) reschedule at their convenience or 2) play versus the computer. If someone cancels a time for the user game but notifies, that it is the responsibility of the person who cancelled to work around the other person's schedule or go on auto.

6) In the event of a user game, there are 3 options:
- restart (if both people are fine with that)
- recreate the situation (score, time, and down and distance)
- continue versus cpu (generally if game is out of hand already

7) Scoring Cap. 70 points. Please do not go over, unless the cpu is within 21 points. If you are simming, pay attention to the score. It is not an excuse to go over. Only excuses are a safety or a fumble recovery in the end zone (things that cannot be helped).

Recruiting Rules:
- 20 Scholarships per year if overall team talent >93, no limit for other teams.
- 2 scholarship penalty for exceeding scoring cap (first time offense)
- No convincing players to return if they are projected to go in the first 2 rounds of the draft.

Rules for Position switches:
Minimum weights:
- DT 240 lbs
- DE 210 lbs
- LB 200 lbs

***No RB to FB, WR to TE. Position switches can go one level down for defense (i.e. safeties can become linebackers assuming they meet the weight requirement but can't be defensive lineman). When in doubt, ask me. I reserve the right to disallow a position change if it's a problem so please, please ask if it's in question.***

How we'll start
Starting Prestige: 3* (starting with a new roster rated 80 OVR or worse)
Starting pitches: 2 A, 2 B, 2 C+, 2 C, remainder D+

Starting Prestige: 1* (bringing over 11-15 players on one side of the ball, and using a roster rated 69 OVR or worse)
Starting Pitches: 0 A, 1 B, 2 C+, 3 C remainder D+

How to join: There is a wait list but it is not first come first serve. If you are interested, post on the thread or send me a pm. Recommendations from current members and/or a reputable member of this site means everything. If you don't know any current members, getting in play now games and having them vouch for your playing style is important.

Hoser11
07-08-2013, 10:24 AM
We still have a few spots open. If you are interested, please post in here or send me a PM.

amoore0192
07-08-2013, 05:31 PM
We still have a few spots open. If you are interested, please post in here or send me a PM.

I would love to join an OD this year, Im a coach at a local high school and consider myself a pretty sim player. Ive never done a teambuilder league so Id need a little information on how to get started but I would definetly want to get in on it.

amoore0192
07-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Hey man, idk if my PMs are going through or not but I got what you sent me. Im pretty active, Ive got an weird schedule bc of work but thats never been an issue before. As far as teams created ourselves do you mean edited roster bc thats fine, but I do have a saved team I would like to use. The roster needs to be reset but thats not a big deal.

Hoser11
07-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Hey man, idk if my PMs are going through or not but I got what you sent me. Im pretty active, Ive got an weird schedule bc of work but thats never been an issue before. As far as teams created ourselves do you mean edited roster bc thats fine, but I do have a saved team I would like to use. The roster needs to be reset but thats not a big deal.

Check your inbox

amoore0192
07-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Looks like I made the cut, who are the rest of the guys? I'd like to get a game in with them..nice under 80 defense btw! Haha

Hoser11
07-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Looks like I made the cut, who are the rest of the guys? I'd like to get a game in with them..nice under 80 defense btw! Haha

They're not going to be under 80 ovr. Remember, there are those of us who can bring over 11-15 players on one side of the ball from our Season 8 NCAA '13 roster. If we do this, we have to start as a 1* school, pick a roster that is 69 OVR or less, and our recruiting pitches take a pretty good hit compared to those who can't(or choose not to) bring over guys. This is why my defense was 92 OVR, while my offense was 68 OVR. This will essentially give those of us who brought over players a better team to start off with(Mine is an 81 OVR), but we are behind when it comes to recruiting, which will hurt in the long run. Bringing over players or choosing the other option(starting with an 80 OVR or less roster) has advantages and disadvantages. Unfortunately for new guys, like yourself, you are only stuck with one choice, which is starting with a roster 80 OVR or less(no editing). However, you have a 3* team with recruiting pitches that are better than those who are bringing over players. Your team's overall rating will be a little lower than those who bring over 15 players on one side of the ball(whichever side they choose), but in the end it should all equal out.

BTW, welcome to the OD and feel free to introduce yourself in this thread: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?6983-2014-talk/page4 This is where we will discuss everything before we get started.

You can also find our OD's sub-forum at the bottom of this forum's main page in the Donator Online Dynasty section. Online Dynasties > XBOX Teambuilder/CAS Dynasty (X-box)

amoore0192
07-10-2013, 06:11 AM
Okay I figured that was from bringing over players after I thought about it.

Josh
07-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Hey all! New member here. I'd like to join your OD if you have any slots open.

Hoser11
08-23-2013, 08:45 AM
I have 2 spots open. We're currently in the off-season of Season 1, so you would be starting off Season 2 with a fresh record. You can find out almost everything you need to know about the OD in the first post.