PDA

View Full Version : The PTR System (Playing By The Ratings)

johntom2000
06-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Hey Guys,

I want to introduce something that just will make dynasties offline and online more funnier and different. This system will allow the user to get the BEST depth chart for any team in the game as well when it comes to recruiting time also. As for the types of offense and defenses that will be ran. It don't matter because like in real life. Some players will be better at areas then others, so it don't matter how old or young they are so, play calling will be VERY IMPORTANT!

Let me introduce The PTR System (Playing By The Ratings). This all started night before last while at work in the morning hours. I was looking at my online dynasty team roster on team builder trying to figure out my depth chart for the coming season (Old Dominion). I noticed that some underclassmen was better then the starters in some area's. This is when I took notice of it and quit just looking at the OVR number of the player and pay closer attention to the key ratings for each position. I first took a sheet of paper and done the good o' depth chart by "OVR" and it was like it always been (with a few tweaks to some ratings like speed, acc/agi) played in. Then I looked at key ratings by position and wrote the down for only the CB and WR groups for example to see If I can spot any different in the starting line ups. An oh boy didn't I find something different all right. Players that was at the bottom (freshman) was better % wise then the upperclassmen based on my findings.

Here here it works:

Lets take Old Dominion two TE's for example:

The first TE is a 69 OVR Fr and the other is 63 OVR Jr.

To get the % of the true based ratings you add up the Key Ratings for TE's :

69 OVR TE
Speed -75
Agi/Acc -68/78
Awr -73
Pass Block/Run Block -79/62
Catch -70
Spec. Catch -59
Catch in Traffic -71
Route Running -66
Release - 67
Jump -67
________
Total - 835

69 OVR TE
Speed -70
Agi/Acc -69/77
Awr -77
Pass Block/Run Block -75/50
Catch -73
Spec. Catch -54
Catch in Traffic -72
Route Running -69
Release - 69
Jump -72
________
Total -827

Now after you got the total's you take the total as in the example 835 and 827 and you divide by the number of key ratings for that position. For example for the TE they are 12 key ratings.

835/12=69.5 which rounds up to 70%
827/12=68.9 which rounds up to 69%

Note If you see a rating that has a / in between just put the two numbers in it and add them together as you see in the example.

As you see basically the numbers matched up the game's OVR ratings as who should start but, trust me! You see some total different results with each team as I did with Old Dominion. You will get a total different lineup using this system as the old way of doing the line up by OVR and some ratings. Which again should be a better overall lineup. You will have to just mix up your playing calling to not hint off your weakness on offense and/or defense just like in real life football. Overall you play the best 12! No matter the class they are in!

Ratings for each position to get your numbers and total afterwards:
(Feel free to add or remove as you feel) As this setup was mine gut feelings of what to look at for each position.)

Offense

QB: Speed, Agi/Acc, Awr, TP/TA - Total 6

HB: Speed, Agi/Acc, Awr, Stamina, Break Tackle, Trucking, Elusiveness, Ball Caller Vision, Stiff Arm, Spin, Juke, and Carry - Total 13

FB: Pass Block, Run Block, Awr, Speed, Catch - Total 5

WR: Speed, Agi/Acc, Awr, Catch, SC, CIT, Route Running, Release, Jump - Total 10

TE: Speed, Agi/Acc, Awr, Pass Block/Run Block, Catch, SC, CIT, Route Running, Release, and Jump - Total 13

Oline: Speed, Agi/Acc, Strength, Awr, Stamina, Pass Block/Run Block - Total 8

Defense

Dline: Speed, Agi/Acc, Awr, Strength, Tackle, Power Move, Finess Move, Block Shed - Total 10

LB: Speed, Agi/Acc, Awr, Pursuit, Tackle, Hit Power, Play Rec, Man/Zone Coverage - Total 10

CB, Speed, Agi/Acc, Awr, Tackle, Man/Zone Coverage - Total 7
SS/FS: Speed, Agi/Acc, Awr, Tackle, Hit Power, Pursuit, Play Rec, Man/Zone Coverage - Total 10

Well there it is. I know it crazy and long looking but, I really do believe deep in my heart that this can provide the best depth charts and recruits based on the REAL ratings of the position and take all the wasteful ratings that the game provide. This can always works for Madden and the draft classes. It just takes a little time to input the numbers. If anyone would care. Please feel free to make spreadsheet so, the data input can be easier. Enjoy!!!!

Thanks

John

sublime
06-26-2013, 11:48 PM
It is a good idea, but I think it could be made better by prioritizing certain stats that you look for in players, or that match your gameplan better.

For example, If I am running a Flexbone team I may prioritize a QB's rating like so (these are just made up off the top of my head):
Speed: 25%
Agi/Acc (I would probably average split stats): 20%
THP: 10%
THA: 20%
Awr: 10%
CAR/BTK: 15%

Whereas if I wanted someone to throw the ball 70 times a game:

Speed: 5%
Agi/Acc: 5%
THP: 35%
THA: 35%
Awr: 20%

The Math actually is not too bad on this, and I may try to play around with it enough to set up an Excel function that would do it for you. The original idea is good, but is a TE's SC really as important as their speed or blocking?

An example of the math(it really is not that bad) will be with Terry Bridgewater for my pass heavy example:

Speed: 80*.05 = 4
Agi/Acc (avg): 86.5*.05 = 4.3
THP: 93*.35 = 32.6
THA: 92*.35 = 32.2
AWR: 81*.20 = 16.2

Then you add the numbers to the right
4+4.3+32.6+32.2+16.2 = 89.3

He would be rated as a 89.3 score for that pass heavy system that I wanted to run.

Make sense?

johntom2000
06-26-2013, 11:52 PM
yes it does....I see what your saying. I would like everybody put their twist on it. My goal is do get the best depth chart for the overall team then at recruiting time. If you going to run a type of offense then change the numbers as so and it should be the same as If your going to try to get the best overall depth chart for your team.

johntom2000
06-27-2013, 01:33 AM
After putting the system thru Old Dominion roster. I came up with some changes to the offense with in the QB, RB, WR. As for the defense. The CB changed some what. So, my roster is finally. All is now is to wait for the game to drop and see how it goes in my OD. :D