PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 4 (PS4, XB1, PC)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

bdoughty
06-26-2016, 07:57 PM
Rhys could really use a hug.

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2016, 01:10 AM
Rhys could really use a hug.
I noticed that almost immediately. Hopefully I don't have to be around him much or I'm gonna get murdery on him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2016, 04:59 AM
Woo, kiss my ass Strong! Since I already have Automatron and Far Harbor, Wasteland Workshop and Contraptions Workshop DLC installed, I randomly stumbled upon Ada and the Mechanical Menace mission.

With my newly installed robot workshop at Sanctuary, Ada now has a 430 carry weight limit, well beyond Strong's. So I'm rocking a robot sidekick until Danse becomes available as a companion. Gonna make loading up on tons of Wasteland shit much easier!

Only downside is every time I fast travel back . Sanctuary, it seems like it's always under attack from servo bots and other hostile robots now.

bdoughty
06-27-2016, 05:33 AM
Unfortunately she does not help much in combat and you now have to carry a bunch of Robot Repair Kits because she will go down often. She does make for a good alternative to a pack mule with the carry weight.

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2016, 06:15 AM
Eh, she hasn't been too bad. I made some modifications to her to add new hand-weapons to her to improve her usefulness. I do like the 800+ combined weight carrying capability between me and her!

And now I've seen a new one. Fast traveled back to Sanctuary, right as an army of around 12-15 Synths attacked my main gate from the river. Unfortunately they were able to overpower my 8 turrets there at the bridge, but me and Ada were able to beat them back.

So now I've got to defend against not only robots, but now Synths. Thankfully I have a defense of 128, plus walls around the entirety of Sanctuary, so enemies will have a tough time actually getting inside. I just have to get leveled up quicker so I can get Science 4 and throw up a fusion generator or two, let me get some top of the line turrets up around my perimeter rather than what I have now.

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2016, 09:03 AM
Made a lot of progress overnight. Knocked out Fire Support, Call to Arms and Semper Invicta, joined the BoS, finished off the Silver Shroud (including saving Kent), as well as all the Goodneighbor quests, and also explored everything between Cambridge and Bunker Hill.

So now I've at least discovered everything from Vault 111 east to Saugus Ironworks, and from Recon Bunker Theta south to the Mass Pike Tunnel. I have made two brief excursions south of the tunnel, discovering the Boston Police Rationing Site, Fairline Hill Estates, the nearby relay tower and down to Milton General Hospital and surrounding buildings.

So all that's left to discover is around the South Boston PD/The Castle, the Glowing Sea area, down around Quincy, the Natick area, 3 or 4 places around Fort Hagen, everything east of Saugus Ironworks and then south of Revere Beach Station, which is basically just East Boston, Boston Airport and Fort Strong.

My next goals, finish (finally) Unlikely Valentine and Getting a Clue, go finish Road to Freedom, join the Railroad and knock out Tradecraft, and then probably Reunions as I begin attempting to set up for the triple happy joy joy ending of death to the Institute and still loved by all with the Minutemen, Railroad and BoS postgame.

bdoughty
06-27-2016, 09:19 AM
I begin attempting to set up for the triple happy joy joy ending of death to the Institute and still loved by all with the Minutemen, Railroad and BoS postgame.

http://i.imgur.com/YzI9x99.gif

Dude, in what world would anyone want the Railroad and Brotherhood to coexist? It's like wanting to join The Humane Society and work at Slaughterhouse.

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2016, 09:51 AM
Oh I couldn't care less about either to begin with (mainly since I don't know the entire in-depth story behind both of them), I'm just looking at it as a "how can I keep more than one of these groups around at the end so I can continue to take advantage of these fuckers and use them solely for my gain?" I'm basically playing it like the Trump of Fallout, I don't give a damn about your family, your organization or your hopes, I'm just gonna use you until I've swindled every last piece of crap I can from you, then discard your now worthless body/building/faction in a roadside ditch like common trash.

Maybe in time, as I progress missions, I'll come to decide I much prefer one over the other, but for now, I'm looking for how I can make out like a bandit by playing both against each other and keeping on friendly terms.

I'm pretty much playing a "I want all your shit" playthrough. First time in Diamond City, before even saying a word to Piper or searching for Nick, I set out robbing that entire goddamn city blind of every item I could steal. I did the exact same thing in Vault 81 before even bothering with their quests, I stole every single thing I could without getting caught.

I'm gonna do the same to Bunker Hill, and the same to the BoS and the same to the Railroad and the same to the Institute. Then in the endgame, keep both BoS and Railroad around so I can continue to take advantage of and use both for my own personal gain.

That's not to say I'm not gonna have a separate save where I can still go down the full storyline of each faction to the very end. Gotta get those crack, er, achievements after all. But hey, what's the fun of the endgame if I'm just stuck with the Minutemen and one other faction? I gotta have at least a couple sorry sons of bitches to play like a couple of fiddles for my own financial gain and entertainment.

bdoughty
06-29-2016, 05:18 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-20-bethesda-runs-into-issues-with-fallout-4-ps4-mods

Fallout 4 mods have been delayed on PS4, with no word on when to expect them.

"We regret to say that the PS4 Mods Beta for Fallout 4 has been delayed," Bethesda Game Studios tweeted. "We will update everyone when we can."

That really sucks for PS4 owners. Have no clue why Bethesda can't get things right on Sony consoles.

SmoothPancakes
06-29-2016, 11:10 PM
I need to get through my game so I can actually enjoy the mods. If I saw right, mods disable all achievements on One, so I haven't touched them yet gonna wait for a second playthrough where I go mod nuts and completely change the game. But damn, it's so tempting to say fuck it every time I load Fallout up.

bdoughty
06-29-2016, 11:58 PM
I need to get through my game so I can actually enjoy the mods. If I saw right, mods disable all achievements on One, so I haven't touched them yet gonna wait for a second playthrough where I go mod nuts and completely change the game. But damn, it's so tempting to say fuck it every time I load Fallout up.

Yeah every mod will disable Achievements. Wish they would have just limited it to things that affect the gameplay. Environmental mods should not disable them.

Going to double dip and get the XB1 version once the price of the season pass drops.

bdoughty
06-30-2016, 01:03 AM
Sweet, I just noticed they now have Fallout New Vegas as a backwards compatible title. I have all the DLC for it and Fallout 3. :))

SmoothPancakes
06-30-2016, 04:57 AM
Yeah every mod will disable Achievements. Wish they would have just limited it to things that affect the gameplay. Environmental mods should not disable them.

Going to double dip and get the XB1 version once the price of the season pass drops.
Yeah, I would love to just say screw it and fire up some mods, but then I'd have to replay solely for the achievements.

So I figure I'll play the first time through completely vanilla (other than the additions that were made to the game due to having the Automatron and Far Harbor DLCs already installed before I even started a new game) and then after maybe waiting a couple weeks to have a bit of a break from the game, then I'll go back, pick up my save I have right before you leave the Vault for the first time, and go mod-crazy with that.

SmoothPancakes
07-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Holy shit these robots do not mess around in this game. I fast traveled to Taffington Boathouse as I'm currently reworking my supply line network to clean it up, make it more straight forward and make less travel for my provisioners so their threat of attack will be less. Well fuck me, I fast traveled into a shit storm!

Instantly I'm in the middle of a fucking battle royale between my 5 settlers (now only 4 as one apparently must have been killed or something) and their 8 turrets, fighting off 3 Cybermech Eyebots, 3 Servomech Scrapbots, 1 regular Scrapbot, 2 Tankbots, an Integrated Tankbot, plus about 7 variations of bloodbugs, red widow bloodbugs and bloodbug hatchlings for good measure!

Jesus what a battle. I probably blasted through 100+ shotgun shells by the time it was over.

SmoothPancakes
07-06-2016, 06:04 AM
Hmm, I didn't even realize I was about to start the Far Harbor quests. Since I already had Automatron and Far Harbor installed before even starting the game, I've already technically started the first mission Far From Home from Ellie, as I have to visit the Nakano residence. I'll have to make sure I stay off the boat as I'm nowhere near ready to take off for Far Harbor at the moment. Still got too much to do in the main game.

bdoughty
07-07-2016, 08:16 AM
Finally finished the original Borderlands so it was time to play some Fallout 4 with mods.

Mods used so far and I have not seen anything remotely resembling a framerate drop. Although most of my time has not been in combat.

Real Weather (forget the name but it gives you the option of winter, spring, summer and fall). The video shows spring since I had all the green stuff. Each season has different weather patterns and does a nice job of hitting the right look for each.
V3 Greener Wasteland
Green Trees
Sanctuary rebuilt (sort of, needs work but looks a ton better than without it)
Real Roads
Cheat Menu (no more scrapping for this guy) been there done that.
KEYNUKER This should be in the next fallout patch it is so damn simple. Ever searched through misc inventory items for a tape only to find hundreds of keys and passwords to sort through? I know it annoyed the crap out of me. This simple mods puts all those keys and passwords in once place. Bethesda should be kicking themselves for not already doing this or allowing you to hide items.

http://i.imgur.com/IrYWcor.jpg

Not shown in the vid but my other favorite, non environmental mod is the see-through mod. A line of combat scopes (without the annoying fade to black with default scopes) with three distance options and about 100 different choices of sights and rectiles, colors, etc. (https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/969715)

On the video skip to a minute in, I was trying to remember how to record with the XB1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTxSqS8HpDE

SmoothPancakes
07-07-2016, 08:55 AM
For the Cabot House missions, who did you side with?

From what I read, the gamma gun you get from Jack actually seems to be useful (or at least the actual mod on the gun is) for a change compared to most gamma guns, but it's really hard to turn down unlimited serum and never having to worry about rads in the Glowing Sea again by siding with Lorenzo.

I'm stuck trying to decide which to go with. I may ultimately have to put it off until towards the end of the game, so I can have two saves, one for each choice. Can't do that right now as I'm still in part 1 (started Reunions but haven't done a thing to complete it yet).

bdoughty
07-07-2016, 09:06 AM
My decision really came down to my OCD. I saw the Massachusetts Surgical Journal in Lorenzo's room and the decision to free him was made for me. Gotta collect em all. All I will say is that if you free Lorenzo both items are still in play.

SmoothPancakes
07-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna want the journal. I'm just stuck debating between the gun or an unlimited supply of drugs that give me +5 strength, +50 damage resist and -10 rads a second for a 60 minutes.

That would basically allow me to explore the entire glowing sea with absolutely zero negative effects, and it sounds like the serum really comes in handy in Far Harbor when dealing with the fog.

Sure, you can only get one and use one at a time from Lorenzo, and you can never sell it nor hoard it somewhere in storage, but hey, unlimited is unlimited!

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm leaning towards siding with Lorenzo. I'm happy with the 6 guns I carry on me right now (The Gainer, Deliverer, Overseer's Guardian, Righteous Authority, Enraging Advanced Combat Shotgun and a flare gun whenever I feel like calling Minutemen for support), and I honestly have never really cared about gamma guns, since they usually aren't very powerful and suck compared to my go-to guns (which are damage boosted by the gunslinger, rifleman and ninja perks).

bdoughty
07-07-2016, 06:25 PM
I never did use that drug. Wore Power Armor and a few Rad-X to deal with the Glowing Sea. Far Harbor is nowhere as bad in regards to Rads.

jaymo76
07-07-2016, 11:38 PM
My decision really came down to my OCD. I saw the Massachusetts Surgical Journal in Lorenzo's room and the decision to free him was made for me. Gotta collect em all. All I will say is that if you free Lorenzo both items are still in play.

I "eliminated" him...

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2016, 04:04 AM
Well, it looks like I just got fucking Willy Wonka'd.

After waiting a week, I got the mission prompt to go see Jack Cabot (I decided to let Lorenzo out and then immediately kill him by the way). I didn't immediately go there, but did eventually. Jack looks old, "Mother" is dead, and all Jack does is blame me for her death and I can't do jack fucking shit to get the goddamn gun Jack is suppose to give me.

So not only do I not get an unlimited supply of Serum, I now don't get the damn gun.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160710/83412f1a6356b0589bd97a5bebbf826b.jpg

Fuck you Cabots.

Rudy
07-10-2016, 07:19 AM
This game is in sale at Eb games for $25 and an even swap for Diablo so I am picking it up today. No harm if I don't like it. My son wants to play it too and I think it should be on for him. Going into grade 7 next year.

bdoughty
07-10-2016, 07:56 AM
So not only do I not get an unlimited supply of Serum, I now don't get the damn gun.

Did you at least get the Charisma Bobblehead?

bdoughty
07-10-2016, 08:25 AM
This game is in sale at Eb games for $25 and an even swap for Diablo so I am picking it up today. No harm if I don't like it. My son wants to play it too and I think it should be on for him. Going into grade 7 next year.

You have seen the Preston Harvey jokes but I finally found an image that explains it all.

http://i.imgur.com/qmlROlU.jpg

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2016, 12:24 PM
It really is a fun game. I never really did anything with the Fallout series until 3, and even then I never got past Megaton. I had no clue what I was doing, I nearly got killed by some beast mere minutes after I left the Vault, etc. Plus I thought the beginning of the game, the intro, was boring as shit.

I forget what game I ended up moving onto, RDR, GTA, something, and just never got back to it. Now that I've read up on the mechanics of the game, learned some of the back story, learned the combat, I can't put 4 down. Even though I have a massive backlog of shows to watch on my DVR, I can't keep from just jumping on Fallout 4 every chance I get.

My advice, read up on SPECIAL and the perks and get an idea of what kind of character build you want to go with, or at least start with. For instance, I went sneaky but high powered. My strength (with boosts) is 13, Charisma 11, so I can pass every single speech check in the game regardless, and now working on Agility which is 7.

I have Gunslinger at level 4 (will be maxed out after next time I level up), Rifleman maxed out, Gun Nut, Armorer a Science! maxed out since I can literally build anything at any settlement and mod any and every gun and armor, and then Sneak at level 4 (will be next after Gunslinger for maxing out), along with other random perks like terminal hacking and safe lockpicking.

With those perks, I can get within mere feet of enemies before they even realize I'm there (making VATS super accurate) and I can drop just about any animal enemy in less than 5 shots, and any humans (raiders/gunners) and even mutants in a single shot, head or body. My main rifles and guns that I carry pretty much do damages between 150 and 200 damage per shot, at ranges from 134 to 263. With Sneak, I no longer trigger trip wires or landmines, I can literally walk right over top of them and nothing happens, I no longer have to worry about or even care about where I'm walking.

And you can just as easily do an entirely different build. Since there are a shit ton of perks (I don't even know what level you'd have to be to unlock and max out every single perk in the game), there is essentially an unlimited number of ways to you can build your character. Much deeper and much more freedom than many other RPGs.

Did you at least get the Charisma Bobblehead?
Yes I did, I made sure I got that and the journal. So it wasn't a complete and total loss, but I'm still not happy getting screwed out of the gun because of a damn bug/glitch.

You have seen the Preston Harvey jokes but I finally found an image that explains it all.

http://i.imgur.com/qmlROlU.jpg
I already hated him going into the game for the first time (just from reading about him) and I hate him even more now. I intentionally avoid that ass whenever I'm in Sanctuary.

jaymo76
07-10-2016, 03:23 PM

The story is good. The characters are fun. The missions are exciting. HOWEVER... EXPLORATION AND BUILDING SETTLEMENTS is what I love about this game.

Rudy
07-10-2016, 03:24 PM
Wow. That's deep in terms of specializations. I am going to be lost lol.

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Finally made it to Act 2 last night. Completed Reunions and Dangerous Minds last night, and also finished the Automatron storyline and now have the Mechanist's Lair as a settlement.

Tonight the focus will likely be The Glowing Sea, Shadow of Steel, maybe a couple BoS quests after Shadow of Steel, Part whatever number I'm on of Randolph Safehouse, and then maybe wrap up with Hunter/Hunted depending on the time.

Slowly getting there. In terms of exploration, I now have almost everything discovered. After fully exploring the Glowing Sea and the Natick and Fort Hagen areas, the only remaining parts I haven't visited yet are the Quincy neighborhood, the Murkwater Construction Site, up around Warwick Homestead and then Spectacle Island. By count, only 15 places left to discover before I have discovered 100% of the Commonwealth. Almost there.

Rudy
07-11-2016, 05:47 PM
Flies are annoying and I start the game up and my enemies are radioactive flies! Super annoying! I find it hard shooting them. Do you just melee these pests? I feel lost. Rpgs can feel so intimidating at the start with having to learn the world, xp stuff, looting, crafting, maps etc. I'm getting attacked by bugs and trying to remember how to heal myself. Is there no map HUD? The line graph on the bottom and lack of an overall map hurts.

bdoughty
07-11-2016, 07:04 PM
Flies are annoying and I start the game up and my enemies are radioactive flies! Super annoying! I find it hard shooting them. Do you just melee these pests? I feel lost. Rpgs can feel so intimidating at the start with having to learn the world, xp stuff, looting, crafting, maps etc. I'm getting attacked by bugs and trying to remember how to heal myself. Is there no map HUD? The line graph on the bottom and lack of an overall map hurts.

Overall map? There is one on your PIP-BOY, assuming we are talking about the same thing. As far as the line graph on the bottom, it would be annoying if VATS did not exist but it does and when you go into it you can toggle between all of the enemies in every direction.

In regards to shooting and being new to the series, do not try to play this as a standard shooter and play it more as an RPG (which means using VATS) to increase the accuracy of your shots and less bullets. When you start out the guns are not very accurate and shooting those bugs can be a pain. As you get better with the game and get better guns you will become less reliant on VATS but it is still a great way to detect enemies, frag mines, etc.

If you have yet to bring up VATS, here is a guide.

http://www.carls-fallout-4-guide.com/vats/

Rudy
07-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Had no clue about VATS. I need to learn.

bdoughty
07-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Had no clue about VATS. I need to learn.

There is a ton to learn. Just go back over this thread and get some tips. You can lower the difficulty two steps below the default of normal as you get used to it. No shame in it as you are new to the game, as you get better slide it back up. Be sure and look over the perks to see what king of build you want to run with and remember you do not want to just put all the perk points at the top, in the SPECIAL attributes.

Just remember the most important thing. Save often.

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2016, 06:44 AM
Oh hell, I'm level 60 and I still use VATS almost religiously. It let's me know if I'm about to walk into a shit storm or just plain be able to hit those goddamn blood bugs, rad roaches, mole rats, bloatflies and the occasional stingwing.

I also like to use it regularly when assaulting raider or mutant camps because I can usually kill 4 or 5 enemies in an instant via VATS without any of them being able to react and fire back. Sometimes I can clear out an entire camp with a single VATS aided assault, other times, I just have 2 or 3 stragglers to clean up by the time I'm done in VATS. Makes it much easier when you only have to take on 2 or 3 enemies at once vs 7 or 8.

And yes, SAVE OFTEN! I can't begin to tell how many times having a RECENT backup save has saved my ass from mistakes. I have the game options set to autosave every 5 minutes via exiting the pip boy, and I will routinely pause the game and create an entirely new save myself right then and there just before I hit certain spots of missions, as a CYA backup.

Most nights, when I'm done playing, I'll go through and delete all the old saves (I think I had 15 one night between autosave and my manual saves) and then create two fresh saves wherever I am when quitting. That way I have two saves files, one as a potential backup in case for some ungodly reason the other were to somehow end up corrupted.

JBHuskers
07-12-2016, 11:44 AM
The shooting is so much better on Fallout 4 compared to past games, I rarely use VATS where I'd use it all the time before.

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2016, 03:04 PM
I have my moments where I find it less than useful. Shots from distance, I find I have more accuracy and control and much more likelihood on actually connecting with shots when I skip VATS and line up my rifle or sniper shots on my own.

Up close, VATS is nearly 100% accuracy, but when you get out fairly far, it really seems to be serious hit or miss, even when firing at a body part with 65 or higher showing.

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2016, 10:24 AM
Is there a way to scrap multiple guns and armor at once? Now that I have the Scrapper perk maxed out, I want to finally start scrapping everything I've amassed, especially since the Workshop in Sanctuary is getting so goddamned laggy, but I can't say I want to scrap 14,350 pounds of guns, around 2 or 3,000 individual guns, one at a time It's gonna take hours to break down each gun individually.

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2016, 10:33 AM
Nevermind, I found a way. For the individual, single guns, I can still quickly do them at the weapons workbench, but for the guns grouped in masses of 6 to 70+, I can just drop them on the ground, go into settlement building mode and scrap them all in seconds similar to cleaning out random crap from a new settlement.

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2016, 12:28 PM
And the Apparel wins the race! After breaking down 14,350 some odd pounds of weapons, I'm now about to begin breaking down exactly 20,100 pounds of apparel.

I have really gotta go through and clean this damn thing out more often!

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2016, 10:18 PM
I don't know how, but I somehow missed the release of the Contraptions Workshop. But in the few hours since installing it, I love it! I've been horribly low on .308 ammo for the past two or three days.

I set up an ammunition builder and just pounded out 2,000+ .308 shells. My overpowered baby Overseer's Guardian is back in action!

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2016, 12:17 AM
As fun as this game is, you can tell, without even looking, that Bethesda is the one behind this game. Jesus Christ the bugs and glitches are never ending, just like every Bethesda game. I constantly have to exit and reenter the game just to get my stupid settlers to actually assign to the things I tell them. I try to move settlers to other settlements, they don't leave. One settlement showed a population of 7, I only could find 3, even with ringing the damn bell.

The biggest goddamn annoyance, the fucking crashes. Just now, and for probably the 15th time since I started playing, the game just randomly and suddenly freezes and crashes to the Xbox dashboard. It happens nearly every other time I get on. Great, now I get to completely redo everything I did since the last time saved.

You should be wanting to save religiously because you never know when you might meet an enemy that would massacre your ass. Not because you're fearing the game suddenly crashing for the 100th time in the next 5 minutes.

jaymo76
07-14-2016, 08:25 PM
As fun as this game is, you can tell, without even looking, that Bethesda is the one behind this game. Jesus Christ the bugs and glitches are never ending, just like every Bethesda game. I constantly have to exit and reenter the game just to get my stupid settlers to actually assign to the things I tell them. I try to move settlers to other settlements, they don't leave. One settlement showed a population of 7, I only could find 3, even with ringing the damn bell.

The biggest goddamn annoyance, the fucking crashes. Just now, and for probably the 15th time since I started playing, the game just randomly and suddenly freezes and crashes to the Xbox dashboard. It happens nearly every other time I get on. Great, now I get to completely redo everything I did since the last time saved.

You should be wanting to save religiously because you never know when you might meet an enemy that would massacre your ass. Not because you're fearing the game suddenly crashing for the 100th time in the next 5 minutes.

Settlements are problematic. I am constantly fast travelling back to settlements to "reset " them. Zero beds and no water... then you go into workshop[p and have 21 beds and 18 water. That being said, they are IMO the best aspect of the game.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2016, 08:52 PM
Settlements are problematic. I am constantly fast travelling back to settlements to "reset " them. Zero beds and no water... then you go into workshop[p and have 21 beds and 18 water. That being said, they are IMO the best aspect of the game.
Yeah, I'm having the problem right now with the Starlight Drive-In. They have 24 beds, 100 power, like 100 water, like 300 defense, when I'm physically there, and yet the first moment I fast travel away, those numbers are all 0. Drives me up a wall.

Like I said, it's a standard Bethesda game. Fun as hell, but incredibly annoying bugs and glitches throughout.

bdoughty
07-14-2016, 09:25 PM
Like I said, it's a standard Bethesda game. Fun as hell, but incredibly annoying bugs and glitches throughout.

Just wait until you try all those cool mods, that will freeze your game to the point where you wish they never offered them. Every one of those nice green in the commonwealth are just a freeze waiting to happen. Every mod I have tried has had some glitch that broke the game, outside of the cool new scopes and nuka cola pip boy. Even the little key ring mod will glitch with other mods that require keys or you accidentally delete it.

Just tedious trying to fine some enjoyment of the mods. Load orders affecting the mods, then you have plugins for mods that will break other stuff trying to fix things that were broken by the mods.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2016, 09:34 PM
Ah crap. There goes my longing desire to start enjoying mods once I finally finish the story.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Oh mama, I love me some artillery! I completed Taking Independence and Old Guns over the weekend. Finally getting a chance to get back on since Sunday.

My next target for Tinker Tom's MILAs was Corvega. Screw fighting through a dozen plus raiders. Three artillery grenades, signalling my four artillery pieces in Graygarden, and there were a whole two raiders left alive by the end of all three bombardments, lol.

Also completed Here There Be Monsters, so I have 3 homing beacons to potentially call in a nuke strike from Zao and the Yangtze. Only thing I'm not sure of is if I can get any more homing beacons were I to swim back out to the sub, or if those three nuke strikes are all I get, so I'm extremely hesitant to use them at the moment.

bdoughty
07-20-2016, 06:04 PM
You get three, just like a genie gives three wishes and you can't ask for more.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2016, 06:12 PM
Damn, that's what I was afraid of. Well, I'll have to save them for a special use. The artillery strikes will do more than enough for now.

bdoughty
07-20-2016, 06:26 PM
You can use them in Far Harbor, I would advise saving one for that area. You will know when.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2016, 09:44 PM
Sweet, that's good to know. Sadly I found out the artillery strikes have a limited range. Had to go on a mass building tour at a bunch of settlements to hopefully get a large portion of the map covered by artillery strikes.

bdoughty
08-15-2016, 03:09 PM
Releases August 30th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIneiOpuS2M

jaymo76
08-15-2016, 03:33 PM
Releases August 30th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIneiOpuS2M

Oh man... I am looking forward to that. For the last DLC for the game, they are certainly going out with a bang. How many more years will we have to wait for Fallout 5? Just think, if NCAA Football were never cancelled I would not have discovered this game.

bdoughty
08-19-2016, 03:25 PM
New patch to get ready for Nuka World. Out on PC/Xbox and next week on PS4.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-patch-hits-xbox-one-and-pc-heres-what-it/1100-6442837/

Jun and Marcy Long are no longer essential after completing "Sanctuary"

Best Patch EVER! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG1o0nUNfMk

JBHuskers
08-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Wasn't Jun the whiner and Marcy the bitch? :D

bdoughty
08-19-2016, 04:24 PM
Wasn't Jun the whiner and Marcy the bitch? :D

Yup, but I always felt bad for Jun. He actually married this person, so I would be moping around and depressed all the time too. Plus they lost their child. I just left him be and never even assigned him work. With Marcy I would plant a couple tato as far away as possible to reduce the amount of interactions.

JBHuskers
08-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Yup, but I always felt bad for Jun. He actually married this person, so I would be moping around and depressed all the time too. Plus they lost their child. I just left him be and never even assigned him work. With Marcy I would plant a couple tato as far away as possible to reduce the amount of interactions.

:D

I need to get back to this sometime eventually. I've been saying that since March I think :D

bdoughty
08-19-2016, 04:33 PM
I would love to be playing it but my kindness got the better of me. One of the neighbors kids had his appendix burst on him a few days ago. This same thing happened to me when I was a sophomore in HS. Kid is going to miss a few weeks of school and miss some of his senior year playing football. All he had was an N64, so I donated my XB1 to him until he got back to starting classes.

Really kinda missing not having my console.

bdoughty
08-23-2016, 03:27 PM
Finally a winter mod and I am without by XB1. :fdown:

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/2622635

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 11:13 AM
Finally a winter mod and I am without by XB1. :fdown:

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/2622635

Sounds cool. Have to admit that I was very excited about mods but after all the glitches they cause I turned them all off. I may try this one though.

jaymo76
08-30-2016, 10:11 PM
Anyone try out Nuka World DLC? It is now available on xbox1 (ps4 too?)

bdoughty
08-31-2016, 12:09 AM
Anyone try out Nuka World DLC? It is now available on xbox1 (ps4 too?)

I think it is downloaded but I am waiting on someone to finish/fix a couple mods before I jump in. The best mod in the game (KeyNuker) is apparently glitched and will require an update from the author due to the latest update (Nuka Cola DLC). The guy making the winter mods is making a few changes and offering one with more ground snow, plus he just added one that covers the streets. That looks great but you have to use another mod (Vivid Weather + Winter) to have snow fall. Problem is that falling snow falls inside most buildings, so I am hoping someone figures it out. The snow was the main one I was waiting for and plan to run through the whole game and dlc's again with it.

One of the biggest problems with mods is every time they update for the DLC, it breaks a bunch of the mods.

bdoughty
09-02-2016, 06:23 AM
Well I am done with Fallout 4 mods. I had to strip most of them just to make it to Nuka World without crashing. 5 crashes in a row and I just ended up deleting them all. I am just going to start a non-modded character and play it all one more time.

Minor spoilers in regards to the DLC.

I read a review of Nuka World and it basically tells you that if you are going play the good guy, you might get to play a small percentage of the DLC. It forces you to play the bad guy and side with the Raiders (there are three factions you have to deal with) settling a conflict between them and then once that is done, you start an assault on settlements in the Commonwealth that you spent so much time building. Got to play the first part which is a gauntlet of things designed to kill you. I got through it but had modded combat gear that never made it an issue. It could be difficult if your character is not a fan of heavy radiation, fire and lasers.

Guess I will build up the Commonwealth one more time and then burn it to the ground.

jaymo76
09-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Well I am done with Fallout 4 mods. I had to strip most of them just to make it to Nuka World without crashing. 5 crashes in a row and I just ended up deleting them all. I am just going to start a non-modded character and play it all one more time.

Minor spoilers in regards to the DLC.

That's really sad. I love my settlements. Why would I turn them over to Raiders?

Rudy
09-03-2016, 08:31 AM
If these mods are that bad, how will this feature be when Skyrim releases? I think I will wait a while before buying that game (if I do). RPGs are big and often buggier than most. Might as well wait.

jaymo76
09-03-2016, 02:34 PM
Wanting to try Nuka Cola... but... my kids have "misplaced" the disc. This may push me exclusively into digital from now on!

jaymo76
09-03-2016, 02:35 PM
If these mods are that bad, how will this feature be when Skyrim releases? I think I will wait a while before buying that game (if I do). RPGs are big and often buggier than most. Might as well wait.

Some are great but some try to do too much based off the power of consoles. I like some of them but overall I turned them off after a few weeks. I think the idea is great but I guess not all that realistic.

bdoughty
09-03-2016, 07:15 PM

The big advantage to the Skyrim mods are the fact there will be no DLC to screw up a bunch of mods. Plus it is a remaster so that alone will get me to play it with the graphical updates and fixes alone.

I just traded in Fallout 4 to Amazon for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Tried to finish Nula World but got bored and did not feel like running through it again. I do hope Obsidian is in charge of the next Fallout game (so it is more of an RPG and better story) but keep the settlement building feature.

jaymo76
09-03-2016, 07:51 PM
The big advantage to the Skyrim mods are the fact there will be no DLC to screw up a bunch of mods. Plus it is a remaster so that alone will get me to play it with the graphical updates and fixes alone.

I just traded in Fallout 4 to Amazon for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Tried to finish Nula World but got bored and did not feel like running through it again. I do hope Obsidian is in charge of the next Fallout game (so it is more of an RPG and better story) but keep the settlement building feature.

Love the game and would not buy #5 IF settlements are not included.

Q. I was thinking of getting New Vegas as it's backwards compatible. You like that game a lot don't you?

bdoughty
09-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Love the game and would not buy #5 IF settlements are not included.

Q. I was thinking of getting New Vegas as it's backwards compatible. You like that game a lot don't you?

It's the best of the series for the die-hard RPG gamer. It is more of a hardcore RPG in comparison to 3 and 4, plus the story is great. There is no building or settlements and power armor is not given to you. You will have to repair everything from armor to weapons (they break down) and even have to craft/manage ammo because there are different qualities of each type of ammo. The biggest selling point is the amount of ways you can tackle the game and that being good or bad (karma system) really does matter and impacts the story, early and often. The biggest snag is that the desert environment is vast, kinda fugly and makes you want to run straight to Vegas.

Also there are these things.

http://i.imgur.com/U2vXSNe.jpg

Before buying you might want to watch some gameplay videos. This may not be the game for you. Plus it has not aged well, at all.

jaymo76
09-04-2016, 11:45 AM
Played Nuka World last night. Man, that gauntlet sure makes you work for entrance to the park. I'm surprised how large the map is for DLC. I think I will side with the Operators. They are most "logical."

jaymo76
09-05-2016, 03:22 PM
It's kind of like a new game for me right now. I am currently involved with:

1. Vault 88
2. Nuka World
3. Far Harbour

It's going to be a long, long wait until Fallout V.

JBHuskers
12-05-2016, 11:44 AM
So I put this in last night for the first time in a while. Was thinking July or August, looked at the save file and it was March :D man how time flies. I had stopped when I had to make a choice between the Brotherhood and Institute and I created two save files. I proceeded with the Brotherhood path last night and got fairly far.

SmoothPancakes
08-11-2017, 06:11 AM
Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition has been announced with a release date of September 26th, 2017.

They're also bringing the physical Pip-Boy back into production again for the GOTY run.

Just the game (with all DLC and updates included) is $59.99.

The Pip-Boy Edition with the game and physical Pip-Boy will be $99.99.

jaymo76
08-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Honestly I think Fallout 4 will go down as my most favourite (non football game) I have ever played. I've logged hundreds of hours and loved it! I especially love the building settlement angle. I'm still not finished everything but I will one of these days.

bdoughty
08-11-2017, 05:27 PM
Thanks Brent,

Oh you are quite welcome Jaymo.

jaymo76
08-11-2017, 05:29 PM
Thanks Brent,

Oh you are quite welcome Jaymo.

Yeah I still remember you letting me try that out. :up:

SmoothPancakes
08-12-2017, 08:33 PM
I went ahead and pre-ordered the GOTY edition. I was just thinking this week about buying FO4 for PS4, but between the game and season pass, it was still gonna be $80 ($30 for the game, $50 for the season pass), so I'll just pre-order the GOTY edition for PS4 instead!

SmoothPancakes
09-20-2017, 09:44 PM
Damn, I completely forgot this is releasing next Tuesday for the GOTY edition. I wouldn't have remembered if it wasn't for Amazon emailing me just now that it was being upgraded to release day delivery for free.

I actually ended up snagging one of the Pip Boy editions. It originally was $99.99 when they first announced it on August 11th, but it must have gone down in price since then, because my pre-order details on Amazon shows the price for the Pip-Boy Edition as $79.99.

I enjoyed the hell out of Fallout 4 on Xbox One, so now to play through and rack up some trophies on the PS4.

JBHuskers
09-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Damn, I completely forgot this is releasing next Tuesday for the GOTY edition. I wouldn't have remembered if it wasn't for Amazon emailing me just now that it was being upgraded to release day delivery for free.

I actually ended up snagging one of the Pip Boy editions. It originally was $99.99 when they first announced it on August 11th, but it must have gone down in price since then, because my pre-order details on Amazon shows the price for the Pip-Boy Edition as $79.99.

I enjoyed the hell out of Fallout 4 on Xbox One, so now to play through and rack up some trophies on the PS4.

20% for being a prime member...

SmoothPancakes
09-29-2017, 02:18 PM

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that! That 20% is nice!

Rudy
09-29-2017, 09:30 PM

Not in Canada anymore! I signed up for Prime to get the 20% and they dropped it about a month ago down to 10%. I'm probably not going to renew in November as a result. Shipping is fast near me although I will have to deal with minimum thresholds more. Not watching Prime TV at all either lately. The big thing was getting 20% off and that is gone.

SmoothPancakes
12-06-2017, 05:09 PM
While I'm still rotating multiple games, I'm getting back into this for a second playthrough. I was going to do a playthrough on PS4 using mods, since I already played vanilla with no mods once on Xbox One, but then I found out just how restricted mods are on PS4 due to Sony restrictions.

I was still able to find some really good mods on PS4, but then just looking in comparison, I found a lot of the same mods in addition to many superior and better mods on Xbox One thanks to them being able to use scripts and manipulate or change game files, which can't be done with PS4 mods

So ultimately going with a modded playthrough on Xbox One. I have basically completely overhauled the game with something like 60 mods active. :D Most of it is stuff like overhauling the settlement building menus, adding a ton of new things you can build in settlements, overhauled Warwick to fix the broken walkways, overhauled the weather to add new storms and other weather systems, made some changes to companions to improve them, added new settlement building options like new generators, guard posts, expanded the length of power lines, some unofficial patches and bug fixes, some new radio stations, made enemy AI smarter, improved the Pip Boy map, added some new weapons and made it so the hills around Sanctuary are a fuck ton full of Raiders (what a surprise I got leaving Vault 111 the first time, only to immediately come under fire from 5 or 6 Raiders), as well as a mod that makes settlement raids larger. So now settlement raids will be essentially an army of enemies attacking, exponentially larger than the base game settlement raids.

Also added 5 new enemy factions. One adds over 100 snipers to the game, a lot of them on top of overpasses and buildings. Another added new exotic enemies, one adds new deadly bosses, another, Last of the Jackals, uses the lore of the Jackals fleeing New Vegas and heading east, eventually running into the BoS in DC. Fleeing the BoS, the last remnants of the Jackals ends up settling into the Commonwealth as a new faction of enemies to fight.

Then there is the Tribals of the Commonwealth mod. Adds three new tribal based factions, similar to those found in past Fallout games, all with their own distinct identifying markings (specific colored face paint) and certain weapons. And holy shit are they tough! I ran into two or three white faced Tribals at the Red Rocket after first leaving Sanctuary, damn it was a battle. Took about 10 shotgun blasts to the face to kill each of them and 5 or 6 stimpaks to keep me alive. I fear of think of how tough they'll be as I get further into the game and level up.

Only made it to Concord, at the start of the street leading to the museum and the first meeting with the minutemen, when I called it a night Sunday night, but haven't had time to play since then. Hoping to put some more hours into this weekend.

Thankfully so far everything seems to be working. It took me two full days of tweaking and retweaking the load order in Excel to hopefully avoid any conflicts. Haven't had any problems so far so hopefully I got the load order right. Also was very careful to make sure mods didn't straight up conflict with each other in terms of affecting or altering the same thing or item in the game.

jaymo76
12-09-2017, 11:39 PM
Granted it was over 6 months ago but I found a lot of the bigger mods would crash/glitch the game. I may need to try these out again.

SmoothPancakes
12-10-2017, 12:34 AM
Granted it was over 6 months ago but I found a lot of the bigger mods would crash/glitch the game. I may need to try these out again.Yeah, I've been keeping a close eye on any potential issues with the mods I'm using.

Listing the massive overhaul mods that change things that I'm using:

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch (which is supposed to help fix some of the bugs and glitches and improve the base vanilla game).

Simple Seasons (I can change the color of the trees and grass to make it look like spring, summer or fall or I can enable the winter version and have snow on the ground).

True Storms: Wasteland Edition, which adds a bunch of new storms, radstorms, dust storms, rain, etc.

USO (Unlocked Settlement Objects), which completely redoes and reorganizes the settlement building menus and adds a ton of new things you can build in settlements.

UCO (Unified Clothing Overhaul), which overhauls clothing in the game as an all in one solution for customizing armor and clothing, greatly expanding your clothing customization options.

And Scrap That Settlement, which let's you scrap a crap ton of extra things in your settlements other than buildings, walls or setpieces).

Then I have a bunch of smaller mods that change minor things or one thing only.

If I get a chance, I can type up my list of mods I'm using and post the full load order that I'm using. I guess a lot of the issues when it comes to bugs and glitches with mods can possibly be due to load order, one mod might be conflicting with another mod.

jaymo76
12-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I've been keeping a close eye on any potential issues with the mods I'm using.

Listing the massive overhaul mods that change things that I'm using:

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch (which is supposed to help fix some of the bugs and glitches and improve the base vanilla game).

Simple Seasons (I can change the color of the trees and grass to make it look like spring, summer or fall or I can enable the winter version and have snow on the ground).

True Storms: Wasteland Edition, which adds a bunch of new storms, radstorms, dust storms, rain, etc.

USO (Unlocked Settlement Objects), which completely redoes and reorganizes the settlement building menus and adds a ton of new things you can build in settlements.

UCO (Unified Clothing Overhaul), which overhauls clothing in the game as an all in one solution for customizing armor and clothing, greatly expanding your clothing customization options.

And Scrap That Settlement, which let's you scrap a crap ton of extra things in your settlements other than buildings, walls or setpieces).

Then I have a bunch of smaller mods that change minor things or one thing only.

If I get a chance, I can type up my list of mods I'm using and post the full load order that I'm using. I guess a lot of the issues when it comes to bugs and glitches with mods can possibly be due to load order, one mod might be conflicting with another mod.

Yes the load order for sure is a huge issue. I really liked the Boston Interiors mod where basically all interiors you could enter. However, it made things super glitchy. I also like the campfire mod where you could make settlements where you like but again it didn't always work as intended.

SmoothPancakes
12-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Yes the load order for sure is a huge issue. I really liked the Boston Interiors mod where basically all interiors you could enter. However, it made things super glitchy. I also like the campfire mod where you could make settlements where you like but again it didn't always work as intended.Yeah, I was really tempted to try out some of those mods, like the Boston interior and stuff, but knowing how much the risk of glitches and bugs are with certain mods, I stayed away from anything that allowed you to make settlements or scrap stuff anywhere in thevcommonwealth. And while I have the Boston Interiors mod downloaded, I left it disabled for now.

jaymo76
12-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I was really tempted to try out some of those mods, like the Boston interior and stuff, but knowing how much the risk of glitches and bugs are with certain mods, I stayed away from anything that allowed you to make settlements or scrap stuff anywhere in thevcommonwealth. And while I have the Boston Interiors mod downloaded, I left it disabled for now.

Have you tried the mods for Skyrim? I still haven't finished the game as I love the side quests but I hear there is some good stuff to be had there.

SmoothPancakes
12-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Have you tried the mods for Skyrim? I still haven't finished the game as I love the side quests but I hear there is some good stuff to be had there.I have not. I actually still have to pick up Skyrim for One/PS4. I had it back on 360, but never got it for current Gen. That is on my to do list, pick up Skyrim GOTY for current Gen.

jaymo76
12-11-2017, 08:29 PM
I have not. I actually still have to pick up Skyrim for One/PS4. I had it back on 360, but never got it for current Gen. That is on my to do list, pick up Skyrim GOTY for current Gen.

Oh it's such a great game. I don't plan on finishing it anytime soon. It's a great game to just disappear into and explore hours on end.

SmoothPancakes
12-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Oh it's such a great game. I don't plan on finishing it anytime soon. It's a great game to just disappear into and explore hours on end.Yeah, I don't remember ever finishing it on 360, so I plan to pick it up eventually, likely for Xbox One, so I can get fuller use of mods in the future, since PS4 mods are so limited by Sony.

SmoothPancakes
05-29-2018, 12:41 PM

The leading horses in the field are either a 10 year anniversary remaster of Fallout 3 or an upcoming announcement of Fallout 5 at E3. If it is Fallout 5, I'm guessing a October-November 2019 release date, which would be four years after the release of Fallout 4.

bdoughty
05-29-2018, 03:24 PM
I had to read a few of those tweets and this one was worth the time spent.

Skyrim on the Pip-Boy in FO4

I remember when they announced Fallout 4 it was at E3 June 2015 and the game released on October 2015. So there is a possibility, if it is Fallout 5, we could be seeing it sooner than expected.

SmoothPancakes
05-29-2018, 05:31 PM
I had to read a few of those tweets and this one was worth the time spent.

I remember when they announced Fallout 4 it was at E3 June 2015 and the game released on October 2015. So there is a possibility, if it is Fallout 5, we could be seeing it sooner than expected.Yeah, it certainly could be an announcement for Fallout 5 as soon as this fall. It just seems really short, it'll only be 3 years this November since Fallout 4 released. That just seems too fast to have an entirely new Fallout game out unless they recycle the Fallout 4 map ala Far Cry 4/Primal.

If it is Fallout 5, I'm thinking more along the lines of a Fall 2019 release since at least then it'll be four years since the Fallout 4 release, which is more believable of a time frame for an entirely new Fallout game to be built and made.

bdoughty
05-29-2018, 06:25 PM
There is always the theory that another team has been working on it and it might not be called Fallout 5. Fallout 3 which was developed by Bethesda came out Oct 2008 and Fallout New Vegas which was developed by obsidian came out in Oct 2010.

I just hope it is not a remake of those two. Played the crap out of both and all the expansions. Unfortunately with the success of Skyrim Remastered and the mods for consoles, it seems the likely scenario.

jaymo76
05-29-2018, 08:59 PM
There is always the theory that another team has been working on it and it might not be called Fallout 5. Fallout 3 which was developed by Bethesda came out Oct 2008 and Fallout New Vegas which was developed by obsidian came out in Oct 2010.

I just hope it is not a remake of those two. Played the crap out of both and all the expansions. Unfortunately with the success of Skyrim Remastered and the mods for consoles, it seems the likely scenario.

The leading horses in the field are either a 10 year anniversary remaster of Fallout 3 or an upcoming announcement of Fallout 5 at E3. If it is Fallout 5, I'm guessing a October-November 2019 release date, which would be four years after the release of Fallout 4.

I would be shocked to see another FALLOUT before at least 2020. As much as I want to see it, I just don't think it's going to happen for a few more years at the earliest. I could see a Falloutesque game spinoff from another publisher but I'm not sure how to feel about that...

SmoothPancakes
05-29-2018, 11:55 PM
Turns out there's also a Twitch live stream of a monitor with the same message and a bobble head, that 140,000 people have at one pointed tuned into. :D

And Kotaku is saying it's supposedly a new game in the Fallout universe that will take the series in a brand new direction and they think it's going to be announced as soon as today (Wednesday), within 24 hours of the teaser tweet going out, since Bethesda has apparently done that in the past, tweet or release a teaser, then make the full announcement a day later.

https://kotaku.com/over-140-000-people-are-watching-a-fallout-bobblehead-o-1826397799

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 07:40 AM
Still 70,000 people watching the stream and now there is a cupcake and a watch that says 9:45.

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

Cupcake, balloons (there was one earlier) and this being the 10 year anniversary of Fallout 3. I think Kotaku got this one wrong. Now at over 15 million views. Todd Howard is off in a corner furiously masturbating at that view count.

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 08:20 AM
Cupcake gone, watch has been moved slightly since people can't read analog anymore. Pete Hines tweeeted at the sadness of this. Looks like a reveal in under 30 minutes.

Don't judge me this is the most excitement I will see all day. :blush:

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 08:25 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Decpo_KXkAAquxb.jpg

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 08:26 AM
Watch is now face down. I do realize that I am talking to myself. It is okay.

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 08:31 AM
Baby in party hat shown. If this is not a Fallout 3 remaster, I will not eat my shoe.

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 08:36 AM
Bethesda accidentally released the pin to lock the clock and the internet goes crazy as it moved all the way to 9:50. Bethesda jank included in tease.

SmoothPancakes
05-30-2018, 08:54 AM
I'm at least reading! I'm gonna try and watch the stream here shortly, but sitting at hospital at the moment, so not sure I'll be able to. So in that case, I'm relying on your play by play to see what the hell all this hoopla is about! :)

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 08:57 AM
We have a blurry screen and they removed all the items from the screen. People are expecting a reveal in 5 minutes. We shall see.

In the hospital? Is everything okay?

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 08:57 AM
Todd Howard is now talking tease of new game

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 09:00 AM
Fallout 76 new game. Have no clue what I just saw. Revealed nothing other than it was a new game. Wait for E3.

SmoothPancakes
05-30-2018, 09:01 AM
We have a blurry screen and they removed all the items from the screen. People are expecting a reveal in 5 minutes. We shall see.

In the hospital? Is everything okay?Yeah, my dad is just having surgery on two hernias. It's nothing major or life threatening or anything. But I'm his ride out here and back home, so chilling in the lobby.

I did at least see the stream for the reveal of Fallout 76. Then the screen went black and never came back, so not sure if anything more is going on.

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 09:02 AM
Most of the coverage was from inside a vault.

Someone found this on a fallout wiki.

The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a "control" vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults. It is also mentioned in one of the alien captive recorded logs (no.13) recorded by Giles Wolstencroft, a Vault-Tec official who was abducted while inspecting the vault's construction site. In Fallout 4, the newsreader in the prologue mentions Vault 76 debuting in 2076 in honor of America's tercentenary when discussing Vault-Tec's plans to expand.

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 09:04 AM
Yeah, my dad is just having surgery on two hernias. It's nothing major or life threatening or anything. But I'm his ride out here and back home, so chilling in the lobby.

I did at least see the stream for the reveal of Fallout 76. Then the screen went black and never came back, so not sure if anything more is going on.

Had a hernia surgery years ago. Painful as all get out to get up from a chair or bed for a couple days afterwards. Give him my sympathies on the ride home.

SmoothPancakes
05-30-2018, 09:07 AM
Had a hernia surgery years ago. Painful as all get out to get up from a chair or bed for a couple days afterwards. Give him my sympathies on the ride home.Yeah, he keeps thinking it's going to be no big deal after a day or two, other than he's not allowed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk, but I think he's in for a surprise for these next couple days.

Unfortunately for him, he's dealing with a pinched nerve that is resulting in a lot of pain in his left leg when he sits or lays in certain positions, so the rest of this week may be rather miserable for him between the pinched nerve and recovering for double hernia surgery.

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 09:10 AM
If anything I am disappointed that it was not John Denver singing Take Me Home, Country Roads.

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 09:17 AM
Unfortunately for him, he's dealing with a pinched nerve that is resulting in a lot of pain in his left leg when he sits or lays in certain positions, so the rest of this week may be rather miserable for him between the pinched nerve and recovering for double hernia surgery.

Wow, I have the same exact pinched nerve and pain primarily down my left leg. I just finished a two week physical therapy where they ran ultrasound in both hips to get heat to the affected area. Helped a little but the opiates help more. I can sit in a recliner fine. Easy to get up straight motion but can no longer lay down on a couch and sleeping in a bed is not quite as comforting as it once was. I was adopted, how old is your dad exactly? I might have found my twin.

SmoothPancakes
05-30-2018, 09:23 AM
Wow, I have the same exact pinched nerve and pain primarily down my left leg. I just finished a two week physical therapy where thy ran ultrasound in both hips. Helped a little but the opiates help more. I can sit in a recliner fine. Easy to get up but can no longer lay down on a couch and sleeping in a bed is not quite as comforting as it once was. I was adopted, how old is your dad exactly? I might have found my twin.He's 67. It just happened this past Sunday. We were outside in the morning finishing placing and leveling pavers to place the lawn furniture on this summer, rather than just having them in the dead grass and dirt where they've sat in years past. It just suddenly happened while finishing up and he's been dealing with it since. It seems to come and go for the pain. Parts of the day he's able to walk around and sit normally with little pain, then later it gets worse and he's barely able to walk upright through the house.

The anesthesiologist this morning even suggested physical therapy when the topic of the pinched nerve came up. He said it happened to him during anesthesiology school and therapy worked wonders for him.

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 09:26 AM
Jason Schreier was right.

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announces-fallout-76-1826417383

we hear it’s an online game of some sort.

Excitement just dropped exponentially after hearing this.

bdoughty
05-30-2018, 09:35 AM
He's 67. It just happened this past Sunday. We were outside in the morning finishing placing and leveling pavers to place the lawn furniture on this summer, rather than just having them in the dead grass and dirt where they've sat in years past. It just suddenly happened while finishing up and he's been dealing with it since. It seems to come and go for the pain. Parts of the day he's able to walk around and sit normally with little pain, then later it gets worse and he's barely able to walk upright through the house.

The anesthesiologist this morning even suggested physical therapy when the topic of the pinched nerve came up. He said it happened to him during anesthesiology school and therapy worked wonders for him.

Only 45 here so the search still continues. ;) I highly recommend the therapy. Nerve pain is not fun at all. He may hate the idea but sometimes I use a rolling chair to press down on to take the streess of the back when walking around and getting up. The turning of the back to get up is the kicker. I do miss laying on the couch.

Welp gonna play some SOD2 and try to wash away the disappointment of this announcement and deal with the disappointment of waiting for a patch. Hope things work out well for your dad and push him to get into PT as soon as he recovers from the surgery. Also Tylenol 4, gotta get all the codeine possible.

SmoothPancakes
05-30-2018, 09:38 AM
Jason Schreier was right.

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announces-fallout-76-1826417383

Excitement just dropped exponentially after hearing this.Yeah, it being an online game sort of kills the excitement. I'll still follow it and see what it looks like as release date approaches, but this is no longer a sure day one buy as a true Fallout 5 would be.
Only 45 here so the search still continues. ;) I highly recommend the therapy. Nerve pain is not fun at all. He may hate the idea but sometimes I use a rolling chair to press down on to take the streess of the back when walking around and getting up. The turning of the back to get up is the kicker. I do miss laying on the couch.

Welp gonna play some SOD2 and try to wash away the disappointment of this announcement and deal with the disappointment of waiting for a patch. Hope things work out well for your dad and push him to get into PT as soon as he recovers from the surgery. Also Tylenol 4, gotta get all the codeine possible.

I will do so! I'm sure he won't be too opposed if it'll help, since what he's going through now isn't too enjoyable. He ended up awake since 1:30 this morning because he couldn't find a good position to sleep in.