PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One - November 22, 2013

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

CLW
05-20-2013, 02:02 PM
http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/c6/5a/c65a912f-99d0-499f-8a14-9462ad2398c5.jpg?n=Reveal_Homepage_OneDay.jpg

Indeed IGN is doing a full hour "pre-game" show like they did for PS4.

CLW
05-20-2013, 03:04 PM
MS unveiling 720 in two separate announcements not one (like PS4)

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/microsoft-will-unveil-new-xbox-over-two-events-not-one-6C9993958

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 11:50 AM
It's live people!!!

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Xbox one is the new name. Seriously Microsoft . Terrible.

:fp:

gschwendt
05-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Kotaku is liveblogging... I'm following it since I can't really watch.
http://kotaku.com/were-liveblogging-the-next-xbox-reveal-right-here-509045798

Xbox One
http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201305/phpsrodnvscreen_shot_2013-05-21_at_1.07.01_pm.png

gschwendt
05-21-2013, 12:11 PM
http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201305/thumb900_phparyerlxbox-21.png

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:12 PM
The box looks fairly large (not that I care). I don't see much different with the controller either other than it is possibly curved more?

gschwendt
05-21-2013, 12:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WqdhI38.jpg

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:17 PM
xbox one is looking really impressive of entertainment wise. But damn put on some games.

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Woo, blu-ray drive indeed!

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Shit. Three operating systems in one.

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Yep. Kinect is included with every single Xbox One. I don't mind that though. Saves me the trouble of having to ever consider buying one.

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Shit. Three operating systems in one.

That seems complicated (unless you are saying its ONE OS that takes bits/pieces from 3 other/different OSs).

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Awesome about the blu ray drve. Good bye ps4 lol.

gschwendt
05-21-2013, 12:24 PM
http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201305/thumb900_php7ddxhrxbox-59.png

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:24 PM
That seems complicated (unless you are saying its ONE OS that takes bits/pieces from 3 other/different OSs).

The way Kotaku reported it:

First,best of operating system presumably for games, second is kernel of Windows for web-powered applictions and experiences, third connects the two

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:25 PM
http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201305/thumb900_php7ddxhrxbox-59.png

Nice, 500 gigs right out of the box. 8 core CPU. MS is doing it right with power.

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Is this new server thing good or bad?

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Nice, dedicated game DVR is included. I will finally be able to record some games in NCAA Football.

Canes Fan
05-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Eaaaa

Deuce
Ah ya...EA now on!

Typed by thumbs.

GatorfanStovy
Nice, dedicated game DVR is included. I will finally be able to record some games in NCAA Football.

x2 I was never able to do that because all the extra crap we had to purchase. Woot sports time!

SmoothPancakes
- Asynchronous capability will let you search for a match in your favorite game while doing other things with other games/apps/TV

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Boo no NCAA 14 . Oh well was expected. But Madden 25 will be on it.

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Boo no NCAA 14 . Oh well was expected. But Madden 25 will be on it.

Interesting. XBox1 exclusive or "all next-gen consoles"?

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:31 PM
EA unveiling a new engine called EA Sports Ignite.

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Interesting. XBox1 exclusive or "all next-gen consoles"?

Just xbox one.

Canes Fan
05-21-2013, 12:33 PM
3d crowds and dynamic sidelines

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Did they really go 1/2 hour with zero game footage?

I OU a Beatn
05-21-2013, 12:34 PM
So this "huge" exclusive deal between EA and Microsoft is exclusive packs for FIFA Ultimate Team? LMAO.

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Holy mother of god graphics in Madden !!

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:35 PM
so this "huge" exclusive deal between ea and microsoft is exclusive packs for fifa ultimate team? Lmao.

no!!! I cannot live w/o my exclusive fut packs! [censored]! Xbox1 is gonna crush ps4 now! :d

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:37 PM
That's IT! I have had it with EA I will NEVER buy their products AGAIN! How DARE they deny me my right to FUT Packs. :smh:

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Forza 5. Daddy just got a hard-on.

oweb26
Keep it coming fellas I cannot get into a stream, guess they are bogged down..oh well, It was just something to do on lunch.

GatorfanStovy
Forza 5. Daddy just got a hard-on.

agreed ha ha .

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:40 PM
lol someone on twitter said NBA Live still look whack!

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:41 PM
lol someone on twitter said NBA Live still look whack!

dumb fan boys. But seriously xbox one is killing the ps4 right now..

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Did they really go 1/2 hour with zero game footage?

They gotta talk about the console and its details. The back half hour is loaded with game footage, so can't really complain.

gschwendt
05-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Serious question since I'm not watching it live... how exactly?

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Halo?

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:44 PM

How is it a fanboy? From what I read these are guys from OS saying this and I'm not sure they aren't 360/One guys.

Also not sure how the One is "killing" the PS4. The specs are virtually identical. So its going to come down to release date/price/marketing/exclusive games.

They gotta talk about the console and its details. The back half hour is loaded with game footage, so can't really complain.

O.k. I'm just following on twitter so no clue how its really going.

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Serious question since I'm not watching it live... how exactly?

Just features of the graphics and what in store for xbox one. Games graphics added blu ray and more gb of ram . You will see on specs of replay.

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Shit. A live action Halo television series in connecting with 343 Industries and Steven Spielberg.

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:46 PM
OM lord , live halo series . Really :fp:

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Jonathan ‏@jc483 (https://twitter.com/jc483)1m (https://twitter.com/jc483/status/336900374759882752)
@Da_Czar (https://twitter.com/Da_Czar) I saw it. Couldn't help but feel like 2k13 player models still look better than the live 14

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:48 PM
O.k. I'm just following on twitter so no clue how its really going.

Yeah, they were going hardcore on games for a bit here, with FIFA, Madden, Forza, some new game coming out, etc. So plenty of game talk in the last half hour.

The first half hour was pretty much dedicated to the console itself, unveiling the console, talking about the specs, etc.

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:48 PM
NFL sunday ticket . Holy shit !!!!

I OU a Beatn
05-21-2013, 12:49 PM

How? If anything, they're exactly the same. I only watched for about 20 minutes, but it felt an awful lot like the Sony reveal. They both have virtually the same specs(PS4 is actually more powerful as it uses 8GB GDDR5 while the Xbox uses 8GB of GDDR3), they both revealed racing games, they both revealed a new exclusive, and they both yammered on about how their console will revolutionize next gen. It's basically exactly the same type of thing, so I don't see how anyone comes out ahead.

Also, the EA Sports thing is only DLC. The games will look exactly the same, play exactly the same, and virtually be identical in every regard. The ONLY thing Xbox gets it exclusive DLC and EA revealing their new engine at their conference. That's it, really no big deal whatsoever.

CLW
Yeah, they were going hardcore on games for a bit here, with FIFA, Madden, Forza, some new game coming out, etc. So plenty of game talk in the last half hour.

The first half hour was pretty much dedicated to the console itself, unveiling the console, talking about the specs, etc.

From what I have read it sounds almost VIRTUALLY IDENTICAL to PS4 (other than MS' exclusives versus Sony's). Think that's fairly accurate?

SmoothPancakes
OM lord , live halo series . Really :fp:

For the web series that it was, Forward Unto Dawn wasn't too bad. It's a good movie when all 5 parts of the web-series are pieced together into a full feature length movie.

SmoothPancakes
Something going on with NFL Network and NFL broadcasts.

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:50 PM
How? If anything, they're exactly the same. I only watched for about 20 minutes, but it felt an awful lot like the Sony reveal. They both have virtually the same specs(PS4 is actually more powerful as it uses 8GB GDDR5 while the Xbox uses 8GB of GDDR3), they both revealed racing games, they both revealed a new exclusive, and they both yammered on about how their console will revolutionize next gen. It's basically exactly the same type of thing, so I don't see how anyone comes out ahead.

Also, the EA Sports thing is only DLC. The games will look exactly the same, play exactly the same, and virtually be identical in every regard. The ONLY thing Xbox gets it exclusive DLC and EA revealing their new engine at their conference. That's it, really no big deal whatsoever.

O.K. that was my impression via twitter. It's basically a wash specs wise with the PS4 having slightly better memory. So your buying decision is basically going to come down to price/release date/who's exclusives you like better (and if you are a moron who markets to you best)

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Something going on with NFL Network and NFL broadcasts.

Most likely. Should be interesting for NFL . How much doe did Goddell have to pay to be on the xbox one lol.

SmoothPancakes
From what I have read it sounds almost VIRTUALLY IDENTICAL to PS4 (other than MS' exclusives versus Sony's). Think that's fairly accurate?

You mean the console? I would have to go back into the PS4 thread and re-read the specs on it, but I would imagine that they are pretty similar. Both consoles probably have one or two areas that it's slightly or a bit better than the other, but yeah, I imagine it'll be exactly like current-gen, both consoles are just about the same and it will come down to pricing (I expect both to be similarly priced) and personal preference.

CLW
Kotoku reporting not always online but DOES block used games?

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Call of duty !! about time!

SmoothPancakes

Where did he get that? I haven't heard anything even in the same ballpark as that mentioned on Spike TV.

gschwendt
Here's the article... it's not 100% certain but you do install games tied to an account
http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:54 PM
No price given (waiting to see who will blink 1st)

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Well to me (i would never buy One) the BIG issue is does One block used games or not. IF it does Sony should exploit the hell out of that in marketing up to launch. IF NOT it's basically a wash and will depend on personal preference for exclusives (or someone messes up on price point).

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Maybe I'm just not understanding what they're trying to get at, but that Kotaku article makes it sounds like what we have now. You can install a game on your hard drive, but you still need the physical disc in the console to play the game. To me, that's all it sounds like for Xbox One. You install the game, but you still need the disc in the console to play it.

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Ghost looks really good! Now servers better improve.

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Maybe I'm just not understanding what they're trying to get at, but that Kotaku article makes it sounds like what we have now. You can install a game on your hard drive, but you still need the physical disc in the console to play the game. To me, that's all it sounds like for Xbox One. You install the game, but you still need the disc in the console to play it.

The games REQUIRE installation to use and are tied to an Xbox live account. IF true that would mean once you install a file onto a Live account you couldn't sell it to someone else b/c that file would be "locked" to the original Live account.

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Watching this Call of Duty Ghosts stuff, I'll give them credit, it at least looks and sounds like you can finally blow shit up in the game. After finally playing Battlefield 3, it was enjoyable being able to completely fuck up the environment around me with tank shells, grenades and bullets. Something Call of Duty never lets you do.

CLW
05-21-2013, 01:02 PM
MS is spending allot of time on NON-EXCLUSIVE titles. EA Sports; COD will all be on PS4 as well. Looking forward to seeing what my PS4 games will look like when I get home. :nod:

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 01:02 PM
The games REQUIRE installation to use and are tied to an Xbox live account. IF true that would mean once you install a file onto a Live account you couldn't sell it to someone else.

I'm just saying, the way Kotaku explained it, it sounds similar to what there is now, you'd just still need the physical disc in the console to play, just like now. Like they say, or else you'd be able to just install the game and pass it around to everyone you know. Even if it is so it's tied directly to your account, I'm sure there will be a way to remove it from being tied to your account and allow you to sell it to others, who then would have to install it and have it tied to their account.

gschwendt
05-21-2013, 01:03 PM
The way I read it, once you install it, you no longer need the disc. You can give the physical disc to your buddy and he can pay a fee to get the game for himself. Essentially it sounds like a pseudo digital distribution... all games installed to the HDD, though I imagine you can still play them from the disc.

CLW
05-21-2013, 01:04 PM
The way I read it, once you install it, you no longer need the disc. You can give the physical disc to your buddy and he can pay a fee to get the game for himself. Essentially it sounds like a pseudo digital distribution... all games installed to the HDD, though I imagine you can still play them from the disc.

That is what I read as well. Who knows honestly and I doubt MS is going to clarify this issue anytime soon unless/until pinned by the media.

I also presume that the "fee" would be full price for the game. (but I might be reading too much into that)

CLW
05-21-2013, 01:07 PM
I'd note that the above is probably why EA got rid of online pass. They are just planning on using MS's fee to recoup funds from used games sales or they know that used game sales on the One are banned.

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Well, ultimately for me, it doesn't affect me in the least.

I don't buy games used, only new. If I have to wait for a year for the price to drop for the lesser-quality games, oh well, I'll still buy it new when I do buy it.

And I rarely ever sell my games. Only multiple year old sports games. The rest of my games, RPGs, shooters, action, adventure, etc, I keep all those because I never know when I'll get the itch to play them. Just spent Sunday night playing Red Dead Redemption for three or four hours with a friend because it sounded good, and ended up being a lot of fun. Hell, I still have Assassin's Creed 1 and Call of Duty 4/World at War.

So even if it is ultimately a way to try and kill used games, oh well, it's not going to change the way I play. Definitely looking forward to Xbox One. I might just be tempted to move my purchase date up to 2014 at this rate after today. :D

I OU a Beatn
05-21-2013, 01:16 PM
I wasn't impressed by either Sony or Microsoft. I guess I'll have to wait until E3 to see which exclusives will be available within the first year on both consoles to make my decision. I'd have to give Sony the upper hand because of the pedigree of their first party studios and already having revealed Killzone and inFAMOUS, but who knows, maybe Microsoft will shock me. He said they have 15 exclusives launching in the first year for One, but I'd be willing to bet over half of those are Kinect games. If that's the case, I wont be touching it.

CLW
05-21-2013, 01:20 PM
I wasn't impressed by either Sony or Microsoft. I guess I'll have to wait until E3 to see which exclusives will be available within the first year on both consoles to make my decision. I'd have to give Sony the upper hand because of the pedigree of their first party studios and already having revealed Killzone and inFAMOUS, but who knows, maybe Microsoft will shock me. He said they have 15 exclusives launching in the first year for One, but I'd be willing to bet over half of those are Kinect games. If that's the case, I wont be touching it.

Yeah it sounds like nothing revolutionary happened today with MS as far as entertainment goes. The specs are largely a wash and so it comes down to: (1) Does One block used games; (2) Price Point; (3) Launch Date; (4) Which Exclusives Do you Like Best.

For me I strongly prefer Sony's lineup of exclusives to anything MS has had in the past so I'll stick with PS4 unless/until MS just comes out with a game that I am willing to give up nearly 20 years of history/comfort with to play that game.

oweb26
05-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Can it play 360 games? I don't think I have heard or read anything about that part yet.

Bravo EA bravo EA so you really didn't care about the "customer feedback" you knew what was in the pipeline from Microsoft, from a consumer stand point paying the fee (which I agree will probably the price of the game or maybe less 5 or 6 dollars) sucks, from a business standpoint its brilliant.

They are taking the heat from stopping used games which in return will hopefully entice developers to prefer there platform over the PS4 (i.e exclusives), its not a secret game developers hate the used game market but if they can control the used game market themselves it works in everyone's favor. I don't like it but I see the advantages of Microsoft using it.

morsdraconis
05-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Can it play 360 games? I don't think I have heard or read anything about that part yet.

Bravo EA bravo EA so you really didn't care about the "customer feedback" you knew what was in the pipeline from Microsoft, from a consumer stand point paying the fee (which I agree will probably the price of the game or maybe less 5 or 6 dollars) sucks, from a business standpoint its brilliant.

They are taking the heat from stopping used games which in return will hopefully entice developers to prefer there platform over the PS4 (i.e exclusives), its not a secret game developers hate the used game market but if they can control the used game market themselves it works in everyone's favor. I don't like it but I see the advantages of Microsoft using it.

I heard that it was confirmed by someone (can't remember who) that it's not backwards compatible.

LeeSO
05-21-2013, 01:33 PM

It won't be backwards compatible. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-not-backwards-compatible

CLW
05-21-2013, 01:34 PM

Perhaps not. I do not doubt the publishers would love to ban used games and eliminate the rental market as well as Gamestop but it could backfire. IF MS blocks all used games and requires you to pay $60 if you buy a used game and PS4 does not. PS4/sony could develop such a LARGE market share % that there is no way any publisher would refuse to publish on PS4.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out (if the rumors are true).

I OU a Beatn
05-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Perhaps not. I do not doubt the publishers would love to ban used games and eliminate the rental market as well as Gamestop but it could backfire. IF MS blocks all used games and requires you to pay $60 if you buy a used game and PS4 does not. PS4/sony could develop such a LARGE market share % that there is no way any publisher would refuse to publish on PS4.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out (if the rumors are true).

Yes, but the publishers would side with Microsoft because they end up making more money with them. Who's to say it wouldn't get to the point where someone like EA would make their catalog of games exclusive to Microsoft? Indeed, if one of them ends up blocking used games and the other doesn't, it's going to be immensely interesting.

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 01:44 PM
I thought MS had a better reveal show then Sony did IMO. I mean they showed the system a controller and the kinect it looked like. Also they showed the home screen and showed us some features. I know some of you are jump ship already and going Ps4. But me I'll be going xbox one.

Community wise I will have all my friends on there so that is a big part of deciding. They won't be getting it right away but down the road they will. On used games you guys and me will just have keep our 360 's and ps3 to enjoy those games and just deal with it and move on.

CLW
05-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Yes, but the publishers would side with Microsoft because they end up making more money with them. Who's to say it wouldn't get to the point where someone like EA would make their catalog of games exclusive to Microsoft? Indeed, if one of them ends up blocking used games and the other doesn't, it's going to be immensely interesting.

I guess you and I disagree on who would blink first. I believe (strongly) EA/publishers would blink and cave to get the X% of sales from the larger market share holder PS4. You believe EA would take its ball and go home and hope people like me would buy One just so I could play NCAA, etc...

If I'm right PS4 clearly wins the console war.

If you are right what is to stop Sony from making a Football; Soccer; etc.... title. I doubt the NFL/FIFA/NCAA would want to go exclusive to one console so Sony could have another 1st party publisher make whatever titles they needed.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm just not personally brand loyal to EA Sports. I buy their titles b/c they have a monopoly on them. If Sony (or some other publisher) made a NCAA Football game I'd buy whichever game I thought was best. I highly doubt EA could get my MLB baseball gaming money given The Show's quality.

I OU a Beatn
05-21-2013, 01:48 PM
I thought MS had a better reveal show then Sony did IMO. I mean they showed the system a controller and the kinect it looked like. Also they showed the home screen and showed us some features. I know some of you are jump ship already and going Ps4. But me I'll be going xbox one.

Community wise I will have all my friends on there so that is a big part of deciding. They won't be getting it right away but down the road they will. On used games you guys and me will just have keep our 360 's and ps3 to enjoy those games and just deal with it and move on.

Sony showed the interface and features as well. The absolutely only thing Microsoft did that Sony didn't was reveal the console. Sony even showed the controller. To counter, Sony showed way more games and it has better memory. Like I said, it's basically a wash.

I don't think many of us are going to be "jumping ship" as the vast majority of us already have a Playstation. :D

I actually wish I stuck with just one console and had some fan boy attitude, that way I didn't have to pick. If Microsoft announces a few really good exclusives at E3, I'm going to have a tough decision.

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Here is another link about confirmed used games on Xbox One

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/

CLW
05-21-2013, 01:50 PM

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/

MS is going to try to get around this issue by just using the word "fee" with no cost given. They will probably say it will be decided by the Publisher next. Then everyone will buy One and realize they have to pay $60 (or whatever the price is for a new game) and be LIVID. Good times await on youtube. :nod:

I OU a Beatn
05-21-2013, 01:51 PM
I guess you and I disagree on who would blink first. I believe (strongly) EA/publishers would blink and cave to get the X% of sales from the larger market share holder PS4. You believe EA would take its ball and go home and hope people like me would buy One just so I could play NCAA, etc...

There's a scenario 100% like this going on right now. Android vs Apple. On the Android ecosystem, pirating is a massive problem while on the Apple system, pirating isn't nearly as much of a problem because it's a closed system. Look at where all the really good exclusive apps go. Apple.

I don't think it would be any different. I don't think you would get to the point where large publishers would side with one or another, but I do believe that it would benefit the company who chooses to block used games more so than the one allowing it.

For the record, I don't think we're going to see this scenario. I think they're both going to block used games.

CLW
05-21-2013, 01:53 PM
There's a scenario 100% like this going on right now. Android vs Apple. On the Android ecosystem, pirating is a massive problem while on the Apple system, pirating isn't nearly as much of a problem because it's a closed system. Look at where all the really good exclusive apps go. Apple.

I don't think it would be any different. I don't think you would get to the point where large publishers would side with one or another, but I do believe that it would benefit the company who chooses to block used games more so than the one allowing it.

For the record, I don't think we're going to see this scenario. I think they're both going to block used games.

Trying to think of an IPhone app I would like to have on my Android phone and coming up with nothing. But admittedly its not something I'm obsessed with.

CLW
05-21-2013, 02:04 PM
MS stock down 0.2% Sony up 8% post One reveal. Interesting.

CLW
05-21-2013, 02:13 PM
One will NOT function w/o Kinect attached.

Why? Seems odd to me and it gives me the creeps that I will be FORCED to allow a massive corporation into my living room to view me and my habits at all times.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached

CLW
05-21-2013, 02:17 PM
CNET's 5 XboxOne Unanswered Questions

Price / Different Versions?
Release Date?
Streaming Games?
Which apps are behind Live paywall?
Which Cable providers will allow viewing?

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7-57585390-222/five-unanswered-questions-about-the-xbox-one/

CLW
05-21-2013, 02:19 PM
One requires Kinect to work. Why? Gives me the creeps that I would be forced to allow a mega-corp into my living room 24/7. Said corp would likely hand over any/all info should Big Brother Government ask for it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached

gschwendt
05-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Here's the (presumably) pre-rendered trailer from EA SPORTS today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxE5MaKuCEc

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 03:04 PM
It's called tape or a piece of paper. Not exactly that difficult to block the camera. Hell, point the thing towards a wall would even work.

oweb26
05-21-2013, 03:09 PM

They are asying its tied to your xbox live account are we talking only multiplayer? What about single player? Then when are getting into are you making xbox live mandatory(which kinda circles back to the always online argument), if I don't have it is the game still good or better yet if my system never goes online is it still good?

It won't be backwards compatible. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-not-backwards-compatible

PC Gaming exclusively is becoming more and more attractive!!

morsdraconis
05-21-2013, 03:18 PM
PC Gaming exclusively is becoming more and more attractive!!

You got that right. ;)

CLW
05-21-2013, 03:27 PM
$10 online store credit if you sign up to be notified re: One pre-order

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbpage.XboxAnnounce?Icid=Homepage_Hero_Rotating_1_ Xbox_One_Announce_052113 (http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbpage.XboxAnnounce?Icid=Homepage_Hero_Rotating_1_ Xbox_One_Announce_052113)

EDIT: signed up and it does work.

gschwendt
05-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Unsurprisingly the EA SPORTS video was pre-rendered however they have said they will be showing assets at E3.
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2045035784

CLW
05-21-2013, 04:01 PM
The more I think about this "fee" the more I think it has to be a full blown $60 (or full game price) unless I am missing something.

TGT member buys NCAA Football 15 for One for $60
TGT member takes disc and installs onto his One and never needs the disc again.
TGT member then mails the disc to TGT member #2 to install on his One
TGT member #2 pays the fee
TGT member #2 installs game onto One and never needs the disc again.
Rinse/Repeat

If the "fee" isn't a full blown game price everyone at TGT should just agree to mail the game to each other and pay the $5-$10 fee for the game. And since the admins here get the game for free we are all only out $5-$10 bucks for the "fee" to play our game. We could setup a system where each member of a group has to buy a game every so often so share the costs.

XboxOne FTW! :nod: The GREATEST SYSTEM OF ALL-TIME and making it even WORSE for publishers. :D

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 04:05 PM
God bless America, where cheap shits look for anyway to steal shit.

CLW
05-21-2013, 04:07 PM
God bless America, where cheap shits look for anyway to steal shit.

That wouldn't be "stealing". I'm simply pointing out the obvious (#1) the fee will be full game price and/or (#2) there is more that we don't know about i.e. if you sell your game used MS will somehow know this and then take it off your One.

Otherwise they just F'd up bigtime and screwed over publishers even more than they already were.

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 04:11 PM
That wouldn't be "stealing". I'm simply pointing out the obvious (#1) the fee will be full game price and/or (#2) there is more that we don't know about i.e. if you sell your game used MS will somehow know this and then take it off your One.

Otherwise they just F'd up bigtime and screwed over publishers even more than they already were.

You can call it "not stealing" all you want, but based on the intent that you yourself just posted, yes, it would be. Of course you have the fucktards who sit there saying pirating/torrenting games aren't stealing, that just because they can't afford the game, they still deserve to play it, no matter the means of obtaining it. Bunch of fucktards.

Exactly why when these fucktards get arrested for pirating/torrenting games, movies, music, etc, I have no one tiny bit of sympathy for the fucktards. I say good, fuck them. Enjoy getting raped up the ass every day by Bubba.

CLW
05-21-2013, 04:16 PM
You can call it "not stealing" all you want, but based on the intent that you yourself just posted, yes, it would be. Of course you have the fucktards who sit there saying torrenting games aren't stealing, that just because they can't afford the game, they still deserve to play it, no matter the means of obtaining it. Bunch of fucktards.

Your just wrong on that front.

TGT Member #1 -- legally purchases game (i.e. not stealing)

TGT Member #1 exercises their rights under the law to sell and/or give away a product they legally purchased (i.e. the first-sale doctrine).

TGT Member #2 exercises their rights under the law to purchase and/or receive a gift that was legally purchased

The first-sale doctrine creates a basic exception to the copyright holder's distribution right. Once the work is lawfully sold or even transferred gratuitously, the copyright owner's interest in the material object in which the copyrighted work is embodied is exhausted. The owner of the material object can then dispose of it as he sees fit.

As such, NOTHING I proposed above would be illegal in any manner whatsoever to justify calling it "theft"/"stealing".

Now, if you want to argue such action is just "wrong"/"immoral" that is an entirely different argument and one that perhaps should be discussed but you are simply not choosing your words wisely/correctly.

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 04:21 PM
It might not legally be stealing. But yes, morally, it is stealing. Show me a used game that has been out for less than a couple months for only $5 or $10. Intentionally taking a game and just passing it around from person to person to essentially let them "steal" the game for $5 or $10 instead of paying market price is right up there. Especially when it's the intent from the beginning like you say. And when game companies go under, the fucktards doing that will only have themselves to blame. Yes, Microsoft would be a bunch of fucktards for making the system like that, but the cheap ass fucktards abusing the system would be the ones to cause the death of gaming companies and fuck console gaming over for good.

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't think this used game deal is as big as a issue as you guys think. Just keep the 360 system to play them on there and its all good. It sucks for sports games but meh I buy them right away any home. Stop nitpicking.

CLW
05-21-2013, 04:28 PM
More on the undisclosed "fee".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-21-xbox-one-second-hand-games-will-charge-a-fee-to-play

CLW
05-21-2013, 04:33 PM
One v. PS4 specs chart:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Comparison_Chart

Deuce
05-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Stop nitpicking.

Dude that shit looks fucking ugly as shit. I would not buy this ugly piece of crap. Damn.p.

:dunno:

Typed by thumbs.

bdoughty
05-21-2013, 04:50 PM
All I can say is thank heavens that is over with. Now for the year or so wait and the decision. It is going to come pricing, exclusive games and One has a slim lead due to having a controller I love and they did not go and screw that up.

bdoughty
05-21-2013, 04:59 PM
The more I think about this "fee" the more I think it has to be a full blown $60 (or full game price) unless I am missing something.

TGT member buys NCAA Football 15 for One for $60
TGT member takes disc and installs onto his One and never needs the disc again.
TGT member then mails the disc to TGT member #2 to install on his One
TGT member #2 pays the fee
TGT member #2 installs game onto One and never needs the disc again.
Rinse/Repeat

If the "fee" isn't a full blown game price everyone at TGT should just agree to mail the game to each other and pay the $5-$10 fee for the game. And since the admins here get the game for free we are all only out $5-$10 bucks for the "fee" to play our game. We could setup a system where each member of a group has to buy a game every so often so share the costs.

XboxOne FTW! :nod: The GREATEST SYSTEM OF ALL-TIME and making it even WORSE for publishers. :D

This forum needs the ability to "ignore" users within certain threads. :fp:

Once you part with the game and once the disc is installed on another system it is deactivated on yours. Really CLW did you think it would be that easy? That MS put that little thought into it? Not that it matters as you have once again said you are not buying a One.

Congrats you have earned a :ram?:

JBHuskers
05-21-2013, 05:38 PM
As I predicted, it was more about entertainment than games. I think game-wise it will be a wash. Nothing here swayed me away from getting the PS4 first, and the XBOX One later. Even before the price, I'm 99% sure it'll be PS4 first.

bdoughty
05-21-2013, 05:50 PM
This thing that concerns me most about One is the Kinect microphone (http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4352596/the-xbox-one-is-always-listening).

That is really creepy. Sure you can put some tape over the camera but you would have to unplug the system to stop it from hearing you.

I OU a Beatn
05-21-2013, 05:50 PM
As I predicted, it was more about entertainment than games. I think game-wise it will be a wash. Nothing here swayed me away from getting the PS4 first, and the XBOX One later. Even before the price, I'm 99% sure it'll be PS4 first.

Based on what, though? I'm guessing because you've spent the majority of your time on PS3? For me(I've spent even time on both), I still don't know which one to get. I was disappointed with Sony's conference and I was even more so disappointed with Microsoft's today.

I may just stick with my PC until one of these guys pull their heads out of their asses.

souljahbill
05-21-2013, 05:53 PM
I won't buy both a PS4 and an Xbox One. I'm only going to get one of the systems and have my Wii U be my secondary console. Mass Effect 4 will probably be the game that gets me to jump.

bdoughty
05-21-2013, 05:57 PM
http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

Sucks for people without internet access if true.

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

JBHuskers
05-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Based on what, though? I'm guessing because you've spent the majority of your time on PS3? For me(I've spent even time on both), I still don't know which one to get. I was disappointed with Sony's conference and I was even more so disappointed with Microsoft's today.

I may just stick with my PC until one of these guys pull their heads out of their asses.

I've had both for 4 and a half years. Preferred PS3, PS+ is a big kicker.

JBHuskers
05-21-2013, 06:01 PM
$10 online store credit if you sign up to be notified re: One pre-order

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbpage.XboxAnnounce?Icid=Homepage_Hero_Rotating_1_ Xbox_One_Announce_052113 (http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbpage.XboxAnnounce?Icid=Homepage_Hero_Rotating_1_ Xbox_One_Announce_052113)

EDIT: signed up and it does work.

Just used this for 1600 points for $10 :nod:

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Just used this for 1600 points for $10 :nod:

You can keep using it. Just for the hell of it, I tried to add something else to my cart after my initial purchase, and the code still worked, taking $10 off the order. Theoretically, you could keep using that code until they disable it.

CLW
05-21-2013, 07:07 PM
As I said FULL MSRP "fee" for used games on One.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-may-have-mandatory-game-installs

I OU a Beatn
05-21-2013, 07:12 PM
I think that was obvious. They weren't going to allow someone to pay a fraction of the price and get the full game.

...I do not, however, understand how you would be able to trade the game in at a retail store. Since the license would be used and you would have to pay full retail price, what the hell would even be the point of buying it at retail used? Why would a retail store give you credit for something that they wont make any money on? That makes no sense whatsoever.

CLW
05-21-2013, 07:17 PM
I think that was obvious. They weren't going to allow someone to pay a fraction of the price and get the full game.

...I do not, however, understand how you would be able to trade the game in at a retail store. Since the license would be used and you would have to pay full retail price, what the hell would even be the point of buying it at retail used? Why would a retail store give you credit for something that they wont make any money on? That makes no sense whatsoever.

My guess is that you will "trade in" your file to MS and they will give you a rebate back to use in their online store. Not sure what the benefit is for MS other than PR but that's the only thing I can think of.

My other thought is that perhaps retailers will pay MS X% so that they can sell "used" games with a code they can give to the purchaser of the used game.

Damn I was so...... going to get a One too and only pay $5-$10 for every game :nod:

Another issue from a "legit" business is the rental industry. Is this the death of GameFly? Can I no longer try a game before deciding to buy it or not?

CLW
05-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Just finished up the hour long unveiling. Looks to me like its pretty much a push as far as Specs.

Sony appears to be going "we are the gaming machine". Microsoft appears to be going "we are the entertainment machine". I'm not sure which will win in a war (assuming all else is equal on the used game front) but it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

MS' "entertainment" stuff appeared to be well done but I honestly could NEVER see myself using ANY of it. I know what channel CBS, ESPN, etc... are and I can get to those channels faster by pressing the Channel numbers on my remote than by saying "Xbox watch ESPN" or doing tablet like gestures in front of a camera.

I thought it was interesting that Microsfot only brought out 1 exclusive One title. EA and COD are going to be on PS4 so it was basically a view for that console as well.

JBHuskers
05-21-2013, 09:23 PM
MS has come out and said the used fee and always online are just "potential scenarios". Saw it on my Appy Gamer app, looks like it came from Polygon.

CLW
05-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Verdict via Kotaku poll not good for MS. 1 out of 10 on the reveal plurality vote (31%) and 63% buying PS4 versus 13% buying XboxOne.

http://kotaku.com/what-did-you-think-of-the-xbox-one-reveal-509195085

CLW
05-21-2013, 09:25 PM
MS has come out and said the used fee and always online are just "potential scenarios". Saw it on my Appy Gamer app, looks like it came from Polygon.

lmao they must have no clue how to handle this issue and are worried Sony is going to bury them with it.

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Millions will still buy Xbox One and it will still be successful.

JBHuskers
05-21-2013, 09:41 PM
I'll have both eventually.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Deuce
05-21-2013, 09:43 PM
I'll only be getting the PS4...I had really bad luck with the 360 so perma-banned MS! ;)

Typed by thumbs.

JBHuskers
05-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Probably after the backlog of games is caught up lol

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Millions will still buy Xbox One and it will still be successful.

I is included. Not sure if I will buy around the holiday or down the road in spring but first year I will buy , depending on my job and where I am at.

I OU a Beatn
05-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Probably after the backlog of games is caught up lol

So...never?

JBHuskers
05-21-2013, 10:24 PM
So...never?

Pretty much :D

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 10:33 PM
:D MS really fucked up with those $10 off codes.

Using the same code each time, I've bought $40 worth of points for $20 and a $30 game for $20.

I OU a Beatn
05-21-2013, 10:36 PM
:D MS really fucked up with those $10 off codes.

Using the same code each time, I've bought $40 worth of points for $20 and a $30 game for $20.

Too bad you can't buy Microsoft gift cards with those. $400 console for $200!

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 10:39 PM
:D That would be nice.

And actually, even better, just added 2 things of $15 worth of points. So $30 worth of points for only $10. Much better than $40 for $20. I should be pretty well set on points for a year or two after tonight. :D

JBHuskers
05-21-2013, 11:20 PM
I did the same thing. Got $60 worth of points for $30 :D

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 11:24 PM
I did the same thing. Got $60 worth of points for $30 :D

I figured they would limit it to one use per code or per user. Obviously not. :D I've been long needing points, especially now that I got Rocksmith for Christmas and have a bunch of song packs to buy so I can learn new songs on bass guitar. I should be set now. :nod:

baseballplyrmvp
05-21-2013, 11:50 PM
ok, so explain how to do it. lol

buy the 1600 points for $15? and then keep entering in the same code over and over?

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 11:53 PM
ok, so explain how to do it. lol

Go to this page: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbpage.XboxAnnounce?Icid=Homepage_Hero_Rotating_1_ Xbox_One_Announce_052113

Enter your email address and they'll email you a code for $10 off. Then, it's as simple as going into the Microsoft store, adding a Digital MS Points card to your cart, typing in the $10 off code into the Discount box and bingo, near free points. Keep doing it as often as you want simply using the exact same discount code in your original email. They're a little slow getting the code for the points emailed to you after the purchase, but you'll eventually get them.

Best bet is to go for the $15 card, 1200 points. Get $15 worth of points for $5 after the discount, keep repeating the process as often as you want.

With all the orders I've placed today, I should be above 7,000 MS points, if not near 10,000 by the time I enter all my codes into my 360.

baseballplyrmvp
05-21-2013, 11:56 PM
sweet! gonna stock up now. lol thanks smooth

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 11:58 PM
sweet! gonna stock up now. lol thanks smooth

My thoughts exactly. :D This is basically be the best deal we've ever seen in MS points. I'll be well stocked up with points and all set for a long while after I get all my codes entered. I shouldn't have to worry about points anytime soon again.

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Well shit. Never mind apparently. I just noticed, they say on the page they're no longer giving out the $10 codes. Apparently they wised up after presumably getting slammed.

Tell you what, you've got a PM coming your way.

cdj
05-22-2013, 06:45 AM
I'm sure this has been said already, but the name selection was all about the subconscious of the user. You may say or write "Xbox One", but deep down inside they want you to think "Xbox Won."

CLW
05-22-2013, 06:51 AM
If any loyal MS gamer wants my $10 code let me know. I got one yesterday but have no plans on purchasing any MS products in the near future.

Canes Fan
05-22-2013, 07:25 AM
If I never used my code can I use it now and get the discount or no?

morsdraconis
05-22-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm sure this has been said already, but the name selection was all about the subconscious of the user. You may say or write "Xbox One", but deep down inside they want you to think "Xbox Won."

Most definitely. It's all about the subliminal message with their console name. Too bad that shit doesn't work on me. It's a HORRIBLE name for a console. :smh:

baseballplyrmvp
05-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Well shit. Never mind apparently. I just noticed, they say on the page they're no longer giving out the $10 codes. Apparently they wised up after presumably getting slammed.

Tell you what, you've got a PM coming your way.

actually it worked. i got 3 emails last night confirming my purchases.

SmoothPancakes
05-22-2013, 10:03 AM
actually it worked. i got 3 emails last night confirming my purchases.

Nice! That's great to hear MVP. Glad you were able to still get some points out of the deal.

oweb26
05-22-2013, 10:47 AM
I have the emails confirming my purchase but no codes yet!!! I bought three 800 points ( don't ask why....lol), then I bought a 2400 card the only one actually showing in my purchase history is the 2400 as of this morning anyway(no code though)....haven't checked in about 4 hours.

Anyone do the digital and have the codes?

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Well, we now know why there were no games:

The NFL and Microsoft, through its next generation Xbox device, are combining to upgrade interactive TV viewing of pro football games in a multiyear agreement announced Tuesday. The next step after that, perhaps as early as 2014, will be bringing technology to the sidelines on tablets.

The deal is worth $400 million over five years for the NFL, according to a person familiar with the agreement. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because financial details have not been made public.

Source (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000205083/article/nfl-microsoft-strike-deal-to-enhance-fans-tv-viewing-of-games)

Wow.

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
PS4 GPU 50% More Powerful than Xbox One (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one)

oweb26
05-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Whats the PS3 GPU more powerful then the 360? Which didn't really equate to jack over the long-term.

Honestly it doesn't really matter which system is more powerful, its like the public education system, games are going to cater to the least common denominator meaning the least powerful one...while that may be good for exclusives for the major games I doubt it makes too much of a difference.

Its simply not profitable to to make the game different on each system, though I see where it could help in certain instances overall though I think it really wont matter.

oweb26
05-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Microsoft didn't have anything to say to smaller independent developers during its Xbox One announcement. Such studios might have been hoping for bigger news from the company's E3 press conference, but it looks like there out of luck. Unlike the PS3, Vita, Wii U and, soon, the PS4, indie devs will not be able to self-publish their games on Xbox One, reports Shacknews.

Matt Booty, general manager of Redmond Game Studios and Platforms, told the site that Microsoft will "continue to court developers in the ways that we have." He did add that the company will "explore new business models and new ways of surfacing content," but ultimately concluded that "Microsoft Studios is a publisher that works with a wide range of partners, as do a lot of other people, to bring digital content to the box."

Currently, the only way self-publish on the Xbox 360 is via Xbox Live Indie Games. While the niche channel has seen a few successful developers, most see greater success on other platforms like Steam and PSN. Furthermore, the XBLIG service is stagnating according to some developers, and its future remains unclear.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-wont-allow-indies-to-self-publish/

I am not that big into indie games, but this could just be adding salt to the wound , seems like they are cutting stuff back and are really focused on the entertainment center portion more than games (though I can't say I blame them) and also more focused on keeping the developers happy we shall see if this backfires on them or not.

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Whats the PS3 GPU more powerful then the 360? Which didn't really equate to jack over the long-term.

Honestly it doesn't really matter which system is more powerful, its like the public education system, games are going to cater to the least common denominator meaning the least powerful one...while that may be good for exclusives for the major games I doubt it makes too much of a difference.

Its simply not profitable to to make the game different on each system, though I see where it could help in certain instances overall though I think it really wont matter.

It was more powerful, but only marginally. 50% is quite a huge disparity and while you're right that it wont matter for games on both systems, it WILL matter for exclusives. Even with only marginally more power, PS3 games were far and away the best looking console games this generation. I can only imagine what a PS4 exclusive from Santa Monica, Guerrilla Games, or Naughty Dog will look like when it's fully utilizing the system's power.

CLW
05-22-2013, 01:28 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-wont-allow-indies-to-self-publish/

I am not that big into indie games, but this could just be adding salt to the wound , seems like they are cutting stuff back and are really focused on the entertainment center portion more than games (though I can't say I blame them) and also more focused on keeping the developers happy we shall see if this backfires on them or not.

Yep Sony is a "Gamer's Console". Microsoft is going for the masses with an "Entertainment Console". I suspect "hard core gamers" will prefer the PS4. The real question is which strategy is the right one (i.e. will lead to the selling of more units)?

My take: I don't see "mom" or "dad" buying One b/c hey it has a cool way to watch football and keep me up to date with my fantasy team. "Mom" or "Dad" if they do that can EASILY get that info instantaneously on their tablet/laptop while keeping their big screen t.v. 100% on the game. I just don't think this is Wii-like in terms of something revolutionary to bring in "new" consumers to a product. So the question is are there enough "casual gamers" out there to just out number people who just want to play games time will tell.

One's entertainment stuff looked like it was well executed and will perform well I'm just not sure they are going to piss off their base and lose a primary fight to Sony (to borrow a political analogy).

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Yeah, but who is going to pay $400+ for an overlay over your existing TV service? No one. If Microsoft doesn't have a BUNCH of quality EXCLUSIVE games revealed during E3, they're going to be playing with fire.

Casual players don't even factor in to this. With the original Wii, yes, but with this thing? No. It seems to me Microsoft is trying to capture the market that is focused only on blockbuster games like Call of Duty and then wants to use the console as an entertainment hub when they're not playing those games. I honestly don't know if that market even exists.

To me, it seems as though Microsoft is taking on a bunch of different demographics, and is poised to fail at all them. They wanted to take on the tablet market with Surface and it's performing horridly. They wanted to take a crack at the smartphone market that is absolutely dominated by Google and Apple, and as a result, they're again failing hard. Now, with the One, it seems they want to take on smart TV manufacturers (by trying to get consumers to fork over $400+ for something they probably already have), all the while battling Sony for gaming console superiority (with inferior technology and a comparably bare bones exclusives catalog).

CLW
05-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Yeah, but who is going to pay $400+ for an overlay over your existing TV service? No one. If Microsoft doesn't have a BUNCH of quality EXCLUSIVE games revealed during E3, they're going to be playing with fire.

Casual players don't even factor in to this. With the original Wii, yes, but with this thing? No. It seems to me Microsoft is trying to capture the market that is focused only on blockbuster games like Call of Duty and then wants to use the console as an entertainment hub when they're not playing those games. I honestly don't know if that market even exists.

To me, it seems as though Microsoft is taking on a bunch of different demographics, and is poised to fail at all them. They wanted to take on the tablet market with Surface and it's performing horridly. They wanted to take a crack at the smartphone market that is absolutely dominated by Google and Apple, and as a result, they're again failing hard. Now, with the One, it seems they want to take on smart TV manufacturers (by trying to get consumers to fork over $400+ for something they probably already have), all the while battling Sony for gaming console superiority (with inferior technology and a comparably bare bones exclusives catalog).

:+1: That's pretty much how I see it with the clear caveat of our fundamental disagreement re: used games/fees issue.

I believe that the demand (people wanting to play/buy/rent used games) side of this equation is stronger.

You believe that the supply (publishers will ignore customer demand for the benefits of "guaranteed" protection by One) side of the equation is stronger.

We may or may not get to test this theory but it sure is going to be fun to watch if we do.

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2013, 02:05 PM
At this point, I'm not even sure the used games thing is even going to matter. If Microsoft doesn't have a bunch of quality exclusive games, Sony's going to run away with it. The only factor I could see changing that is if Microsoft priced their console a good $100-$200 cheaper than Sony's, and that sure as hell isn't going to happen considering they're bundling a Kinect with every console. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox One was somehow more expensive.

I could be wrong about all of this and Microsoft could have a bunch of killer exclusives ready to go in a few weeks, but I truly do not believe so.

CLW
05-22-2013, 02:32 PM
At this point, I'm not even sure the used games thing is even going to matter. If Microsoft doesn't have a bunch of quality exclusive games, Sony's going to run away with it. The only factor I could see changing that is if Microsoft priced their console a good $100-$200 cheaper than Sony's, and that sure as hell isn't going to happen considering they're bundling a Kinect with every console. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox One was somehow more expensive.

I could be wrong about all of this and Microsoft could have a bunch of killer exclusives ready to go in a few weeks, but I truly do not believe so.

Well they did say something along the lines of "We have X# of exclusive games coming within a year of launch" during their presentation. I want to say it was 8 or 15 I don't remember why those two numbers stick out to me but they do.

I thought it was interesting/telling they didn't have their #1 exclusive franchise (Halo) ready for another game at launch. That just seemed like a no brainer to me.

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2013, 02:40 PM
...and this proves my point:

http://images.pushsquare.com/news/2013/05/playstation_4_stomps_xbox_one_in_online_twitter_po ll/attachment/0/original.jpg

Source (http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/05/playstation_4_stomps_xbox_one_in_online_twitter_po ll)

Good Lord. :D

morsdraconis
05-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Microsoft will have another Halo game exclusive to the Xbox, therefore they will sell consoles. People are dumb and buy consoles for shitty games. :smh:

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2013, 02:44 PM
I forgot how much I love the revealing of new consoles for one reason:

http://www.gamersith.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/7tmSCjo1.gif

:D

gschwendt
05-22-2013, 02:53 PM
IGN Q&A
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-what-we-do-and-dont-know

Will it work without Kinect?
NO. Xbox's UK marketing director Harvey Eagle said at last night's Microsoft-hosted stream that Kinect requires to be attached to the console in all cases, and this has since been echoed elsewhere. "The all new Kinect is now an essential and integrated part of the platform. By having it as a consistent part of every Xbox One, game and entertainment creators can build experiences that assume the availability of voice, gesture and natural sensing, leading to unrivaled ease of use, premium experiences and interactivity for you," says Microsoft's Xbox One FAQ.

However, developers will not be mandated to use Kinect in every game, Phil Harrison clarified to Eurogamer. Another nugget of information: you also can't turn off Kinect's microphone, says hardware program manager John Link (via Polygon). It's always listening.

The part in bold is one reason I'll never own an XBone... I'm probably considered a Sony fanboy but regardless, that bit is too much.

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Screw that. If that's true, I'm out.

gschwendt
05-22-2013, 03:05 PM
I can just see it... a couple getting into an argument over the boyfriend playing too much Xbox and she yells out "take your fucking Xbox Home!" so it turns on and in a fit of rage over that, she puts her boot through the TV. Thankfully the cops that report to the scene can just play it all back from the audio and video recorded in Redmond.

SmoothPancakes
05-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Well they did say something along the lines of "We have X# of exclusive games coming within a year of launch" during their presentation. I want to say it was 8 or 15 I don't remember why those two numbers stick out to me but they do.

I thought it was interesting/telling they didn't have their #1 exclusive franchise (Halo) ready for another game at launch. That just seemed like a no brainer to me.

Because Halo 4 JUST came out in November. Unlike the Call of Duty fucktards, Halo doesn't usually just pump out games every year. There have been more Halo games in the last 5 years, but Halo: CE Anniversary was pretty much just an HD version of the original game. Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST were side games. The true releases, it was three years from Combat Evolved to Halo 2, three years from Halo 2 to Halo 3, three years from Halo 3 to Halo: Reach and two years from Halo: Reach to Halo 4. So unless they put out another shitty little "bridge" game, of course they're not going to have another Halo ready to go for the launch. And I don't want them to have another one ready for launch. Halo 4 is still fun, I'm still putting in plenty of hours, and I don't want them to take Halo and turn it into another fucking COD where they're pumping out shit every 11 months.

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Because Halo 4 JUST came out in November. Unlike the Call of Duty fucktards, Halo doesn't usually just pump out games every year. There have been more Halo games in the last 5 years, but Halo: CE Anniversary was pretty much just an HD version of the original game. Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST were side games. The true releases, it was three years from Combat Evolved to Halo 2, three years from Halo 2 to Halo 3, three years from Halo 3 to Halo: Reach and two years from Halo: Reach to Halo 4. So unless they put out another shitty little "bridge" game, of course they're not going to have another Halo ready to go for the launch. And I don't want them to have another one ready for launch. Halo 4 is still fun, I'm still putting in plenty of hours, and I don't want them to take Halo and turn it into another fucking COD where they're pumping out shit every 11 months.

I'll bet you one of those 15 exclusives is Halo 2 Remastered and it launches with Xbox One. There HAS to be some kind of Halo game launching with the Xbox. It just wouldn't make any sense not to.

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2013, 03:24 PM
"If you’re backwards compatible, you’re really backwards" -Don Mattrick (http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/05/22/microsoft-and-sony-diverge-on-gaming-cloud/)

bdoughty
05-22-2013, 03:42 PM
IGN Q&A

NO. Xbox's UK marketing director Harvey Eagle said at last night's Microsoft-hosted stream that Kinect requires to be attached to the console in all cases, and this has since been echoed elsewhere. "The all new Kinect is now an essential and integrated part of the platform. By having it as a consistent part of every Xbox One, game and entertainment creators can build experiences that assume the availability of voice, gesture and natural sensing, leading to unrivaled ease of use, premium experiences and interactivity for you," says Microsoft's Xbox One FAQ.

However, developers will not be mandated to use Kinect in every game, Phil Harrison clarified to Eurogamer. Another nugget of information: you also can't turn off Kinect's microphone, says hardware program manager John Link (via Polygon). It's always listening.

The part in bold is one reason I'll never own an XBone... I'm probably considered a Sony fanboy but regardless, that bit is too much.

I know you guys were really busy deleting a bunch of my posts but I did actually mention this a few pages back.

JBHuskers
05-22-2013, 03:51 PM
"If you’re backwards compatible, you’re really backwards" -Don Mattrick (http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/05/22/microsoft-and-sony-diverge-on-gaming-cloud/)

SmoothPancakes
05-22-2013, 04:20 PM
I'll bet you one of those 15 exclusives is Halo 2 Remastered and it launches with Xbox One. There HAS to be some kind of Halo game launching with the Xbox. It just wouldn't make any sense not to.

Yeah, a remake or remaster of Halo 2 I could see, similar to what they did with Halo: CE Anniversary. But definitely not a brand new game. Halo 4 has only been out for a half a year. They're not even done releasing map packs for it (I don't think). No way would they release a brand new Halo game from scratch in that short of a time frame, and at the same time cut off any profits they will still make from Halo 4.

CLW
05-22-2013, 04:46 PM
...and this proves my point:

http://images.pushsquare.com/news/2013/05/playstation_4_stomps_xbox_one_in_online_twitter_po ll/attachment/0/original.jpg

Source (http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/05/playstation_4_stomps_xbox_one_in_online_twitter_po ll)

Good Lord. :D

Hey now who wouldn't want to be the favorite of IRAN; SERBIA (?); SRI LANKA AND NICARAGUA! :nod:

IGN Q&A

I said a few pages back the shizzle creeps me out. Especially in light of recent gov't scandals where companies freely give up the "private" information of their customers to the gov't at the drop of a hat.

CLW
05-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Update the Iranians and everyone else jumped of One's ship. PS4 = global domination! :nod:

oweb26
05-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Screw that. If that's true, I'm out.

Even though I am on the fence.......this can't be true but if it I am out also, the kinect is really something I will never use unless for my kids and I see all kinds of legal issues (CLW Speak to this) with the kinect always listening, though I guess if you put it in your house...your fault.

I am seriously thinking about buying some of my favs on PC and going over to the "dark" side of exclusive PC gaming.

Tarhead10
05-22-2013, 05:11 PM
I haven't had a playstation console since 2000, but by the look of things I will be purchasing a PS4!!

souljahbill
05-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Who's getting a next-gen system ASAP and who's waiting a year or 2?

ryby6969
05-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Who's getting a next-gen system ASAP and who's waiting a year or 2?

I will wait at most a few months before I get one.

Deuce
05-22-2013, 05:17 PM
PS4 as soon as possible. :up:

Typed by thumbs.

CLW
05-22-2013, 05:33 PM
the kinect is really something I will never use unless for my kids and I see all kinds of legal issues (CLW Speak to this) with the kinect always listening, though I guess if you put it in your house...your fault.

There are indeed a whole host of legal issues with this.

First the easy one: Can MS make me do it? - Yep they can sell their product as they see fit and you either accept it or don't.

Then there are a whole host of what I'll call "privacy" concerns.

First apparently you will be giving MS unprecedented access to your home. I don't know how powerful the camera/mic is but theoretically they can store and then categorize and use "data" about you for their benefit; sell that info to others; etc...

Then there is the government issue. A fairly solid legal argument can be made that anything you are willingly giving to Microsoft can be seized by the government WITHOUT even having to get a warrant.

The 4th Amendment provides The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The 1st issue in 4th Amendment cases is whether a "search" has occurred. Supreme Court came up with a test that an action by the government is a search if (1) a person expects privacy in the thing searched AND (2) society believes that expectation is reasonable. (the case this occurred in was a wire tapped phone booth - my how times have changed)

Recently the Court added to this holding that a search occurs if the government trespasses on your property. (cops put a tracking device on your car while it is parked in your yard).

The Supreme Court has not addressed issues re: technology/internet. The Courts of Appeal are all over the place. (Some Courts hold you have no reasonable expectation of privacy when you send out e-mails;data;etc... to 3rd parties - Other courts say you do).

Theoretically, the government could/would argue that once you send out the images/sound from your home to Microsoft via XboxOne anything that is captured you no longer have any reasonable expectation of privacy to that information.

As such, the government could capture any video/sound coming from your home and store that information/use it against you in Court again without having to get a warrant.

I have NO CLUE how an "XBoxOne" case would turn out. It most likely would be 5-4.

Finally, the Government could simply ask MS for all info they have on you w/o a warrant and MS would likely cough it up. Verizon, Google, etc... all claim they value your privacy but when Big Brother comes knocking they generally fork it all over w/o much of a fight.

If upheld by using XboxOne you would effectively be giving up your entire "right of privacy" allowing the Government to listen/watch anything they wanted to thanks to Kinect.

xMrHitStickx904
05-22-2013, 05:39 PM
I probably will get both systems, but the Xbox One article at IGN is rather depressing. Mind you, I'll always have internet so the Xbox One can update itself, but it still sucks for those who want to play it offline. Kinect needing to be on all the time is creepy indeed, I don't need the camera and microphone to be on all of the time to hear me. I'm not a believer in Big Brother, but still. Also, the used game system is going to be complicated I can already tell. The fact we just can take games to our friends' house & play it offline, or online is wild to me. I do like the controller, as well as the upgrades to the online capabilities and upgrades. At the end of the day, I want to play games, and it seems that the Xbox One complicates that when you play your own games away from your own system. PS4 reveal is on June 10th, so I'll be interested to see how the system looks, prices etc. Right now, I'm leaning towards the PS4 to get first.

I OU a Beatn
05-22-2013, 06:06 PM
I am seriously thinking about buying some of my favs on PC and going over to the "dark" side of exclusive PC gaming.

I have a PC but I'm still going to have to buy one of these consoles for my NCAA/Madden fix. I'm going with the lesser of 2 evils, and that's far and away Sony. There is absolutely ZERO chance I'll EVER buy anything that is constantly listening and watching me and can't be turned off. Screw that.

morsdraconis
05-22-2013, 07:46 PM
I have a PC but I'm still going to have to buy one of these consoles for my NCAA/Madden fix. I'm going with the lesser of 2 evils, and that's far and away Sony. There is absolutely ZERO chance I'll EVER buy anything that is constantly listening and watching me and can't be turned off. Screw that.

I don't even care that it's watching and listening to me, but it's creepy as fuck that they are doing that. If that is truly the case (and Microsoft doesn't fix it with the incredible backlash they will have on their hands, if not already), I will definitely never be owning a Xbox One.

baseballplyrmvp
05-22-2013, 09:19 PM
i'll be buying one just for the fact that my 360 is 7 years old.

CLW
05-23-2013, 07:03 AM
http://youtu.be/KbWgUO-Rqcw

morsdraconis
05-23-2013, 10:49 AM
:smh:

That's atrocious and hilariously bad. It was one big subliminal message (the presentation itself, that is).

JBHuskers
05-23-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm amazed at the size of this bitch. But yeah, if you're not going to buy it based on how it looks, you're a dumbass.

I OU a Beatn
05-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Ha, joke's on you...I'm buying whichever one is prettier. :P

JBHuskers
05-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Ha, joke's on you...I'm buying whichever one is prettier. :P

You would.

I OU a Beatn
05-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Well, if you think about it, the PS4 would have to make some catastrophic design decisions to somehow be uglier than Microsoft's VCR, so I'm confident I'll end up with the better looking one regardless.

In all seriousness, I'm buying a PS4 first regardless.

JBHuskers
05-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Well, if you think about it, the PS4 would have to make some catastrophic design decisions to somehow be uglier than Microsoft's VCR, so I'm confident I'll end up with the better looking one regardless.

In all seriousness, I'm buying a PS4 first regardless.

Ditto. Especially if PS+ starts to include PSN games for the PS4.

MS has already said XBLA doesn't work on X-1, so have we heard yet about PSN games from the PS3?

I OU a Beatn
05-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Ditto. Especially if PS+ starts to include PSN games for the PS4.

MS has already said XBLA doesn't work on X-1, so have we heard yet about PSN games from the PS3?

I'm pretty sure it was already confirmed no backwards compatibility whatsoever for both systems.

I'd imagine Plus would continue on PS4, although I'm sure the price will be raised. I was a little shocked the price wasn't raised for the Vita when support for it was added.

JBHuskers
05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure it was already confirmed no backwards compatibility whatsoever for both systems.

I'd imagine Plus would continue on PS4, although I'm sure the price will be raised. I was a little shocked the price wasn't raised for the Vita when support for it was added.

I'm going to have to get a bigger TV stand for just my gaming systems alone :D

I have a TV cart that has my Hauppauge, 360, and PS3. I can probably take the doors off the bottom and knock the back out to put my PS3 down there since I will still be playing a lot of PS3 even with the PS4 at first.

ryby6969
05-23-2013, 12:43 PM
I am looking at getting a larger TV for when I pick up the PS4. Want to be set for NCAA in 2014! :nod:

JBHuskers
05-23-2013, 12:45 PM
I think 47" is good enough for me. Have had it for 2 years this coming football season.

gschwendt
05-23-2013, 12:47 PM
I am looking at getting a larger TV for when I pick up the PS4. Want to be set for NCAA in 2014! :nod:
I've decided I play worse when I'm playing on my 60" compared to playing on my 37" or 32". I just moved in with my fiance and the 60" is going in the living room and the 32 & 37 are going into my office along with my PS3.

I OU a Beatn
05-23-2013, 12:51 PM
I've decided I play worse when I'm playing on my 60" compared to playing on my 37" or 32". I just moved in with my fiance and the 60" is going in the living room and the 32 & 37 are going into my office along with my PS3.

Completely agree. I have a 27" PC monitor that I use to play all my games on. I've always preferred PC monitors because of the much faster response times. My ability goes way down when I play on a regular TV, especially if it's bigger than 32".

ryby6969
05-23-2013, 12:54 PM

I have a 32" but am looking to upgrade. I have a gaming chair right in front of the TV so I want to go bigger. It is in my "man cave" so I watch all my football games on it also. I am just looking to upgrade to a LED TV regardless.

bdoughty
05-23-2013, 05:21 PM
http://stevivor.com/2013/05/microsoft-xbox-australia-on-some-of-todays-lingering-xbox-one-questions/

“It’s also been stated that the Xbox One is ten times more powerful than the Xbox 360, so we’re effectively 40 times greater than the Xbox 360 in terms of processing capabilities [using the cloud].

CLW
05-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Completely agree. I have a 27" PC monitor that I use to play all my games on. I've always preferred PC monitors because of the much faster response times. My ability goes way down when I play on a regular TV, especially if it's bigger than 32".

Yeah my wife got me a 27" PC monitor so I wouldn't hog the t.v. I occasionally bust out the PS3 on the 60" but honestly I almost prefer to just sit in my desk chair and play on the 27" monitor.

CLW
05-24-2013, 09:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfDtkcBeX-I

I OU a Beatn
05-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Retailers will be free to charge whatever they wish for pre-owned Xbox One games, but both Microsoft and publishers will take a percentage cut of every sale.

Retail sources have told MCV that Microsoft has this week briefed key retail partners on how it intends to take ownership of the pre-owned market.

This is how we’ve been told it will all work:

A gamer walks into a retailer and hands over the game they wish to sell. This will only be possible at retailers who have agreed to Microsoft’s T&Cs and more importantly integrated Microsoft’s cloud-based Azure pre-owned system into its own.

The game is then registered as having been traded-in on Microsoft’s system. The consumer who handed it over will subsequently see the game wiped from their account – hence the until now ambiguous claim from Phil Harrison that the Xbox One would have to ‘check in’ to Microsoft’s servers every 24 hours.

The retailer can then sell the pre-owned game at whatever price they like, although as part of the system the publisher of the title in question will automatically receive a percentage cut of the sale. As will Microsoft. The retailer will pocket the rest.

Unconfirmed reports on ConsoleDeals.co.uk suggest that retail’s slice will be as little as ten per cent. That’s a significant cut from what it has become accustomed to from pre-owned sales and more in line with what they would receive from the sale of a new game – hence, the value of the pre-owned market to the retailer is effectively destroyed.

These same unconfirmed reports also suggest that the activation cost for consumers buying or borrowing pre-owned software will be £35.

When contacted by MCV Microsoft responded with the following statement: “We know there is some confusion around used games on Xbox One and wanted to provide a bit of clarification on exactly what we’ve confirmed.

"While there have been many potential scenarios discussed, we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail. Beyond that, we have not confirmed any specific scenarios. Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.”

UPDATE: Many readers are asking whether the £35 will be additional cost on top of the price of buying the game. No, we believe that the £35 figure – which is not our number, incidentally – would cover the entire transaction. If correct this would leave retail with a cut per sale of around £3.50.

Source (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/publishers-to-receive-cut-of-xbox-one-pre-owned-sales-at-retail/0116137)

CLW
05-24-2013, 01:05 PM
LMAO that's confusing as all get out. It also doesn't explain GameFly....

I'm still not sure if I go and buy a used game do I still have to pay another "fee" once I get home. If the retailer's "cut" is only a 10% profit margin I gotta imagine that is < their profit margin for selling a new game. Thus why even bother???

oweb26
05-24-2013, 01:29 PM
This will be interesting how this plays out, if true they have basically said a big F u to the used game industry, which I can't say I blame microsoft or publishers for that. If the activation of a used game is rumored around 35 euros which is 45.00 greenbacks, then the actual retailer can't sell it for more than 20.00 to 25.00 and at 25.00 you are at full blown new game price point.

Microsoft is protecting the shit out of the developers and we will see if that equals favorable treatment in terms of exclusives.

CLW
05-24-2013, 01:33 PM
This will be interesting how this plays out, if true they have basically said a big F u to the used game industry, which I can't say I blame microsoft or publishers for that. If the activation of a used game is rumored around 35 euros which is 35.00 greenbacks, then the actual retailer can't sell it for more than 20.00 to 25.00 and at 25.00 you are at full blown new game price point.

Microsoft is protecting the shit out of the developers and we will see if that equals favorable treatment in terms of exclusives.

well actually 35e = $45.22

oweb26
05-24-2013, 01:34 PM
HA HA I meant 45.0 that was a typo./

morsdraconis
05-24-2013, 01:40 PM
What does that mean for Gamefly? It's dead, that's what.

I OU a Beatn
05-24-2013, 01:53 PM
LMAO that's confusing as all get out. It also doesn't explain GameFly....

I'm still not sure if I go and buy a used game do I still have to pay another "fee" once I get home. If the retailer's "cut" is only a 10% profit margin I gotta imagine that is < their profit margin for selling a new game. Thus why even bother???

According to another article I read, the actual user would NOT have to pay any additional fee on top of the price they pay for the used game at the retail store.

CLW
05-24-2013, 02:12 PM
XB1 to use Kinect 2.0 for visual confirmation DRM?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/24/xbox-one-will-kinect-2-use-visual-drm

Talk about creepy. :nod:

CLW
05-24-2013, 02:12 PM
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/05/Xbox-One-Reveal-Poll-IGN.jpg

SmoothPancakes
05-24-2013, 03:51 PM
XB1 to use Kinect 2.0 for visual confirmation DRM?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/24/xbox-one-will-kinect-2-use-visual-drm

Talk about creepy. :nod:

It's nothing more than a patent. Every major company has shit tons of patents for the most inane shit imaginable. Doesn't mean they'll actually get used.

SmoothPancakes
05-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Hell yeah! When I ordered a bunch of 1200 points stuff from the Microsoft Store, there was an error with the order. I got the confirmation emails, but there were no codes on them. Due to the errors that led to a delay in receiving my codes for the points, the Microsoft Store just emailed me codes for 1600 MS points, instead of the 1200 I ordered, to make up for the delay. Sweet.

JBHuskers
05-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Hell yeah! When I ordered a bunch of 1200 points stuff from the Microsoft Store, there was an error with the order. I got the confirmation emails, but there were no codes on them. Due to the errors that led to a delay in receiving my codes for the points, the Microsoft Store just emailed me codes for 1600 MS points, instead of the 1200 I ordered, to make up for the delay. Sweet.

Did you have to get a hold of them?

JBHuskers
05-24-2013, 05:26 PM
I guess I had codes, but didn't realize it. One of the three codes it says already used. On live chat with them now.

oweb26
05-24-2013, 05:33 PM

They did the same with me, I ordered a 2400 points and they just sent me a code for 3200, now I am waiting on my 800 codes which I think I did three of those before I realized what the hell I was doing. Shopping while drunk = not a good idea.

JBHuskers
05-24-2013, 06:09 PM
:D :D :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/181286_10151422423211937_1783831314_n_zps5a43cf76. jpg

steelerfan
05-24-2013, 06:16 PM

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

morsdraconis
05-24-2013, 06:37 PM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/181286_10151422423211937_1783831314_n_zps5a43cf76. jpg

JBHuskers
05-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Score! One of my codes came up used of my three purchases. After chat and then them telling me to call in, I got through, and saw my story was legit. She gave me a BONUS 2000 :msp: on top of the 1600 :msp: that wouldn't redeem.

SmoothPancakes
05-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Did you have to get a hold of them?

Yeah, I contacted their support on Wednesday. I got the confirmation emails for the points, but there were no codes in them. After a little while on the phone, they got all the information needed and said they were going to send it up the chain to the next level of support. I was supposed to get an email within 2-3 days, but instead ended up getting new emails for each of the points cards I bought with the code properly listed.

JBHuskers
05-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I contacted their support on Wednesday. I got the confirmation emails for the points, but there were no codes in them. After a little while on the phone, they got all the information needed and said they were going to send it up the chain to the next level of support. I was supposed to get an email within 2-3 days, but instead ended up getting new emails for each of the points cards I bought with the code properly listed.

In the end I got 6800 :msp: for $30. $30 usually gets you 2400 :msp: :D

oweb26
05-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Man I must have been drunk that night, I thought I had a good buzz, I got my order all wrong.

I bought three 1200 points and one 2400 points, so I am just waiting on my three 1200 points codes, I just called and they told me that they were behind due to demand and escalated my request because I called once already and it has already been three days. LOL We shall see how much escalation that really did.

SmoothPancakes
05-24-2013, 09:27 PM
In the end I got 6800 :msp: for $30. $30 usually gets you 2400 :msp: :D

:D Yeah, I've already spent probably a good 5500 :msp: in the last few days, and I still have 6597 :msp: left right now. :D

bdoughty
05-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Say what you will about the Xbox One, I am no rush to judge since we still have E3 and then months until launch and probably waiting until the next NCAA game to arrive. The used game news for the Xbox One has simply put a whipping on Gamestops stock over the past few days.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/05/24/todays-3-worst-stocks-97.aspx

Could not happen to a shittier company.

JBHuskers
05-24-2013, 10:37 PM
True, but Gamefly has been nothing but good to me in buying used games.

bdoughty
05-25-2013, 01:21 AM
True, but Gamefly has been nothing but good to me in buying used games.

I have bought a few used games from Amazon Warehouse and when they say LIKE NEW, I get something LIKE NEW. Will just have to wait and see what happens. I still think they are wavering a bit and after all the bad consumer feedback they are getting, things could change by E3. If not, Sony has a clear advantage.

JBHuskers
05-25-2013, 02:13 AM
I have bought a few used games from Amazon Warehouse and when they say LIKE NEW, I get something LIKE NEW. Will just have to wait and see what happens. I still think they are wavering a bit and after all the bad consumer feedback they are getting, things could change by E3. If not, Sony has a clear advantage.

Same thing with Gamefly. And codes are unused too. But I get mostly PS3 anyways. MS hasn't made a "definite" decision yet, but I'm sure they know they are lagging behind after that lackluster presentation. That Sony ad pretty much summed it up...if it came from Sony. Either way.

I OU a Beatn
05-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Absolutely love Amazon Warehouse. 90% of my game purchases come from there. Unbelievable prices and the vast majority of the time the games and cases are in pristine condition.

JBHuskers
05-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Absolutely love Amazon Warehouse. 90% of my game purchases come from there. Unbelievable prices and the vast majority of the time the games and cases are in pristine condition.

Gonna have to look into them more.

gschwendt
05-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Not surprisingly, it appears based on the back of the console that there's no Component out or similar. While that's obviously a good thing in terms of getting away from old technology, it's a bad thing for anyone with an HD-PVR or similar device. You can purchase an HDMI to Component converter but it can be spotty. Here's hoping that they (and more importantly Sony) won't use HDCP when play games so that the El Gato and other devices can work.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/8239111/xbox_one_8.jpg

CLW
05-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Not surprisingly, it appears based on the back of the console that there's no Component out or similar. While that's obviously a good thing in terms of getting away from old technology, it's a bad thing for anyone with an HD-PVR or similar device. You can purchase an HDMI to Component converter but it can be spotty. Here's hoping that they (and more importantly Sony) won't use HDCP when play games so that the El Gato and other devices can work.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/8239111/xbox_one_8.jpg

Yeah I heard that there was no component on XB1. I know Elgato currently works just fine on the 360 so it would be odd if it didn't on XB1 but who knows at this point. Sony/MS have both been very vague about allot of "details"

CLW
05-28-2013, 12:55 PM
XBoxOne NOT compatible with current headsets

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-incompatible-with-current-gaming-headsets

JBHuskers
05-28-2013, 12:59 PM
XBoxOne NOT compatible with current headsets

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-incompatible-with-current-gaming-headsets

Boo. But I was half expecting that when I got my Turtle Beach wireless.

CLW
05-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Boo. But I was half expecting that when I got my Turtle Beach wireless.

Article reads like MS is trying to get its cut of the market by extracting fees from the manu OR making it so ONLY MS headsets will work on XB1.

:smh:

IF Sony is going down this route too I honestly might just hold off on my PS4 purchase b/c I already have quite a bit of money invested with the Elgato and Astros to just throw them away along with my 1 TB HDD PS3 IF this stuff is all now obsolete.

gschwendt
05-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah I heard that there was no component on XB1. I know Elgato currently works just fine on the 360 so it would be odd if it didn't on XB1 but who knows at this point. Sony/MS have both been very vague about allot of "details"360 didn't need it because it didn't have a Blu-Ray drive; it's a requirement for Blu-Ray movies. For example, you can't watch Blu-Ray movies over a regular PC Monitor connection, it has to be connected via HDMI. That said, I would assume Sony/MS could turn that on/off when not watching movies.

I OU a Beatn
05-28-2013, 01:25 PM
That article is kind of misleading on the headsets. You'll still be able to use sets like Astro and Turtle Beach because it'll still have optical. The only thing that WONT work is being able to chat with another player. I'm SURE there will be adapters made that allow you to use that eventually as well.

bdoughty
05-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Achievement whores rejoice?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/28/microsoft-patent-hints-at-achievements-for-watching-tv?abthid=51a534375687f7750e000019

If this really happens there are not enough :fp: in the world.

CLW
05-28-2013, 06:18 PM
More "privacy" concerns this time German government:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EkHeqdDT9A

CLW
05-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Not that I care but XB1 = region locked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cC7LbbBKoU

CLW
05-29-2013, 07:12 AM
http://i.minus.com/iGpVCeVzdBTUf.gif

JBHuskers
05-29-2013, 09:54 AM
I wonder if this thing will weigh more than my TV? :D

CLW
05-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Comcast doing basically the same thing as the Xbox1 with its X1DVR

http://wwwb.comcast.com/x1

GatorfanStovy
05-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Nice move by comecast. I'm sure some will buy into the box for that set up. I'll stick to xbox one .

CLW
05-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Nice move by comecast. I'm sure some will buy into the box for that set up. I'll stick to xbox one .

I think the point is that many cable people might start doing this on their own as a way to tell consumers that their product (cable) is still worth paying for.

IF many cable providers give this feature in their DVR there is simply ZERO reason to use the XBox1 because you are still going to have to connect your XBox1 to your DVR/receiver.

oweb26
05-29-2013, 02:45 PM
I had comcast for years and shit gets expensive with them rather quickly, while this is a great move for them. I think this just goes to prove that Xbox was right in targeting the DVR box/app setup because apparently there is a market for it.

Where they messed up at is they seem to have forgotten that they are a video game system, though I think they are trying to pitch the all in one, instead of the recurring bill....I dunno.

CLW you sure are active on the Xbox bashing aren't you?

JBHuskers
05-29-2013, 02:58 PM
I don't know if we have another cable option other than Time Warner, but I've been happy with them. Definitely never going to any kind of dish.

CLW
05-29-2013, 04:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrHYbKyjJxU

bdoughty
05-29-2013, 05:13 PM
CLW you sure are active on the Xbox bashing aren't you?

Best to ignore anything he posts in this thread and just read IGN. You get the same thing minus the snarky comments.

CLW
05-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Best to ignore anything he posts in any thread.

Fixed. :nod:

oweb26
05-29-2013, 05:39 PM
Best to ignore anything he posts in this thread and just read IGN. You get the same thing minus the snarky comments.

HA HA he can never play the fanboy card his leanings on the system wars is about as obvious as his political views. It really doesn't bother me it was just funny how obvious he was.

Fixed. :nod:

Well played sir.

I hope they get it right on at E3, the only reason I play my box more than PS3 is cross game chat and the controller but even I see they kinda dont have a choice but to get it right at E3.

I OU a Beatn
05-29-2013, 06:13 PM
I've already had my mind made for me. I don't have a preference when it comes to Sony or Microsoft, so I'm not going to bash one, but there's zero chance I'll buy a console that has a device that is constantly listening to you and is only turned off when the system is completely off. I was already close to going Sony first this time around since I'm sick to death of Microsoft's emphasis on Kinect, TV, music, apps, and little about games, but that was the final straw for me. When you factor in how Sony's GPU will be 50% more powerful, it's not even a real decision for me which one to go with, especially since they'll be priced virtually the same.

If they remove that asinine requirement, I'll eventually get one. As long as it's there, though, no way.

steelerfan
05-29-2013, 07:05 PM
I've already had my mind made for me. I don't have a preference when it comes to Sony or Microsoft, so I'm not going to bash one, but there's zero chance I'll buy a console that has a device that is constantly listening to you and is only turned off when the system is completely off. I was already close to going Sony first this time around since I'm sick to death of Microsoft's emphasis on Kinect, TV, music, apps, and little about games, but that was the final straw for me. When you factor in how Sony's GPU will be 50% more powerful, it's not even a real decision for me which one to go with, especially since they'll be priced virtually the same.

If they remove that asinine requirement, I'll eventually get one. As long as it's there, though, no way.

I'm not a "fanboi", so to speak, but I have owned all 3 PlayStations and zero XBoxes. I go into each change with the attitude that a competitor would have to really make a big splash for me to change from Sony. If it's close, I'll choose Sony.

That said, I agree with IOU. If Sony wanted to spy on me, I would switch - no question about it.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

oweb26
05-29-2013, 08:09 PM
I agree the always listening stuff has me turned off more than anything at this point.

morsdraconis
05-29-2013, 08:53 PM
I agree the always listening stuff has me turned off more than anything at this point.

Absolutely. If I ever buy a console, it most definitely won't be this one unless something is done about the Kinect bullshit.