PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team Info From Around the Web

gschwendt
05-15-2013, 09:12 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7287/8740580189_35686b5c0d_o.jpg As more information about NCAA Football Ultimate Team is released, we'll continue to update this post with more information.

Operation Sports:
It’s Episode 22 of the Press Row Podcast, a special Press Row One-on-One with NCAA Football 14 producer Ben Haumiller (@benhaumiller) and host Richard Grisham (@richgrisham) dedicated to the all-new NCAA Ultimate Team Mode – also known as “the mode they said couldn’t be done.” We talk all about how Ultimate Team came about for a college game, the different ways that players are being incorporated into the mode, and all the details about how the game is structured and played. In other words, everything you ever wanted to know about Ultimate Team but were afraid to ask.
Click here to listen (http://www.operationsports.com/news/630100/operation-sports-press-row-podcast-episode-22-ncaa-ultimate-team-mode-interview/)

GameInformer:
EA Sports' Ultimate Team mode is finally coming to NCAA, and thankfully your deck won't be filled with QB #6 and HB #23, but with real-life football players.

In the Ultimate Team mode, you get a starter pack of player cards with which you play real games with in order to earn coins to buy more packs. By buying packs and competing in auctions to win specific player cards, you build up your roster with better and better players to compete against others online.
Click here for more (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ncaa_football_14/b/xbox360/archive/2013/05/15/the-ultimate-college-football-team.aspx?utm_content=bufferda2a9&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer)

Kotaku:
A deal with the NFL Players' Association will give NCAA the rights to use 2,500 current NFL stars, pictured in their alma maters' uniforms, and build a pool of virtual trading cards just as large as Madden Ultimate Team, where the collection-and-player-management game has been running since 2010.
Click here for more (http://kotaku.com/current-pros-give-the-old-college-try-in-ncaa-football-506657043?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow)

ESPN Playbook:
If you’re a football gamer already addicted to Ultimate Team mode in “Madden,” time to bury your wallet. The highly addictive card collecting and team building mode is finally making its way to the “NCAA Football” franchise, introducing new cards, new ways to play, and of course, new ways to spend your money to upgrade your team.
Click here for more (http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/4814/ncaa-14-adds-ultimate-team-mode#more)

Coachdenz
05-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Tommy how can they use real college players in this mode? I haven't been keeping up with the game a lot this year. This just seems like hey if were going out might as well go out with a bang... Taking about current law suit(O'bannon).

Wisey105
05-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Tommy how can they use real college players in this mode? I haven't been keeping up with the game a lot this year. This just seems like hey if were going out might as well go out with a bang... Taking about current law suit(O'bannon).

There are no CURRENT college players in the mode. All the players used have already left college.

gschwendt
05-15-2013, 09:46 AM
All players are from the NFLPA license or individually licensed players from the past that don't fall under the NFLPA. For example, the Kotaku article mentions that Kirk Herbstreit will be a part of the mode; he never played in the NFL.

JBHuskers
05-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Been pretty busy at work today, so I haven't read through all the articles yet. But when we were down there, there was talk of making the Ultimate Team games have a shorter clock to be able to get through games quicker. That is one of the biggest reasons why I don't play Madden Ultimate Team much, but play FIFA Ultimate Team quite a bit. Hopefully that is the case; where you can fly through games, and not have to really grind to earn coins. I'll definitely give this a fair shot.

jaymo76
05-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Zero interest in the mode before the announcement. I have even less interest now. These modes don't appeal to me but I understand why EA does them. Have fun for those of you who play this mode.

ram29jackson
05-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Been pretty busy at work today, so I haven't read through all the articles yet. But when we were down there, there was talk of making the Ultimate Team games have a shorter clock to be able to get through games quicker. That is one of the biggest reasons why I don't play Madden Ultimate Team much, but play FIFA Ultimate Team quite a bit. Hopefully that is the case; where you can fly through games, and not have to really grind to earn coins. I'll definitely give this a fair shot.

madden has 2 minute qtr games in MUT but you only get like 425 tokens

ram29jackson
05-15-2013, 12:32 PM
bummer...boring..they didn't incorporate team builder.

ram29jackson
05-15-2013, 12:50 PM
LOL at the podcast being 53 minutes. It should take no more than 10 minutes to get the majority details out. What a bunch of pointless time consuming fluff. Its already obvious the mode is MUT-like so just spit out the info and move on.

CLW
05-15-2013, 01:16 PM
This is pretty much what I figured it would be. I'm hoping/praying they do not incorporate any trophies to Ultimate Team but I'm not holding my breath.

ram29jackson
05-15-2013, 01:19 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img705/5307/112211t.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/112211t.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

you can type in the team name you want but it also appears you get a team name for audio....maybe logo placement in stadium ? nah that's asking too much

TIMB0B
05-15-2013, 05:00 PM
It sounds to me like this is their answer to those players and the lawsuit. Pay them handsomely and feature them on Ultimate Team.

SCClassof93
05-15-2013, 05:20 PM
Zero interest in the mode before the announcement. I have even less interest now. These modes don't appeal to me but I understand why EA does them. Have fun for those of you who play this mode.

+1

Bet this is what we get instead of dynasty and AI improvements

SCClassof93
05-15-2013, 05:21 PM
This is pretty much what I figured it would be. I'm hoping/praying they do not incorporate any trophies to Ultimate Team but I'm not holding my breath.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/193be77886b1d150f265b8baf07e402a/tumblr_mhba1x2LV11r4vgbno1_500.gif

CLW
05-15-2013, 05:22 PM
It sounds to me like this is their answer to those players and the lawsuit. Pay them handsomely and feature them on Ultimate Team.

For a whole host of reasons NO it cannot will not stop anything resembling the current lawsuit. (i.e. former and current NCAA players)

The ONLY thing the agreement with the NFLPA does is prevent similar lawsuits made by current NFL Players and/or their union against EA for using their "likeness" in ultimate team in NCAA 14 (and perhaps future editions of it).

I suppose EA could have tried to sneak in something along the lines of a settlement agreement for prior committed torts for its past games but its not likely and I'm not even sure the NFLPA has the authority to sign away current/former members lawsuits for torts committed against them prior to their union membership.

Jayrah
05-15-2013, 07:49 PM
+1

Bet this is what we get instead of dynasty and AI improvements
Dynasty info still to come... :))

Jayrah
05-15-2013, 07:50 PM
For a whole host of reasons NO it cannot will not stop anything resembling the current lawsuit. (i.e. former and current NCAA players)

The ONLY thing the agreement with the NFLPA does is prevent similar lawsuits made by current NFL Players and/or their union against EA for using their "likeness" in ultimate team in NCAA 14 (and perhaps future editions of it).

I suppose EA could have tried to sneak in something along the lines of a settlement agreement for prior committed torts for its past games but its not likely and I'm not even sure the NFLPA has the authority to sign away current/former members lawsuits for torts committed against them prior to their union membership.
This lawsuit is totally ridiculous anyway... :bang::bang::bang:

psuexv
05-15-2013, 07:57 PM
I have an issue with all current NFL players being in, not all of them were great in College. These should be legends of college football.

CLW
05-15-2013, 07:58 PM
This lawsuit is totally ridiculous anyway... :bang::bang::bang:

I agree but unfortunately I'm not the Federal Judge in charge of the case. If I were the case would have already been dismissed and decided on appeal by now on the 1st Amendment defense/argument EA tried a LONG time ago.

JBHuskers
05-15-2013, 08:12 PM
I have an issue with all current NFL players being in, not all of them were great in College. These should be legends of college football.

Yeah, but that's why guys like Arian Foster are rated in the low to mid 70's.

ram29jackson
05-15-2013, 08:12 PM
theres some reference by the the youtube wyza guy that 1AA schools are in the game to some extent...and M Singletary is in the game

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51usN9pNZgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

JBHuskers
05-15-2013, 08:17 PM

Guaranteed there will be a few.

psuexv
05-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah, but that's why guys like Arian Foster are rated in the low to mid 70's.

Well that at least makes sense

SmoothPancakes
05-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Guaranteed there will be a few.

Because EA was spawned from the depths of Satan's anus when it comes to achievements. :fp:

Thanks a lot EA. Force me to play this crap if I want to get all the achievements in the game. Thanks for nothing.

gschwendt
05-15-2013, 09:20 PM
theres some reference by the the youtube wyza guy that 1AA schools are in the game to some extent...and M Singletary is in the game
I listened to some of his video and he was confused. He didn't realize that there are 126 FBS schools now; he thought some of those were FCS/1AA schools.

ram29jackson
05-15-2013, 09:23 PM
I listened to some of his video and he was confused. He didn't realize that there are 126 FBS schools now; he thought some of those were FCS/1AA schools.

:glare::fp: LOL nevermind then

PeteyKirch
05-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Well, at least I'll get to use Ray Rice when I pick Rutgers.

I wonder how many players from each school there will be.

I figure ND, UF, Miami, USC, Texas, and Bama will most likely have 10-15 each.

cdj
05-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Preview from ESPN Playbook now added. (http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/4814/ncaa-14-adds-ultimate-team-mode#more)

jaymo76
05-19-2013, 12:09 AM
:glare::fp: LOL nevermind then

I went back through the article and re-read the section that EA SPORTS NO LONGER HAS THE LICENSE FOR FCS SCHOOLS!!! Well, there goes my dream of seeing FCS back in NCAA Football. That is a major, major disappointment!

steelerfan
05-19-2013, 01:27 AM
I went back through the article and re-read the section that EA SPORTS NO LONGER HAS THE LICENSE FOR FCS SCHOOLS!!! Well, there goes my dream of seeing FCS back in NCAA Football. That is a major, major disappointment!

Why would they carry the license for something they don't use? I'm sure that, if they decided to add those schools in on next gen, they could get the license again.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

Jayrah
05-19-2013, 05:11 AM
Yes I fail to see the issue here as well... I don't care in the least about the FCS schools, mostly because I would still never put them in my schedule

jaymo76
05-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Why would they carry the license for something they don't use? I'm sure that, if they decided to add those schools in on next gen, they could get the license again.

But that's my point Steeler. The fact they dropped the FCS license was what disappointed me as I was holding out hope that FCS would make it back in this year.

Yes I fail to see the issue here as well... I don't care in the least about the FCS schools, mostly because I would still never put them in my schedule

Then on this we will agree to disagree. A good portion of teams schedule FCS every year. I like the added "realism" of being able to schedule JMU over "FCS East." Back on PS2 I would schedule an FCS/Div II school every season just to add to the variety and experience. If people such as yourself don't want to schedule FCS I have no problem with that. However, there are a good portion of us that miss this feature from PS2 days.

GatorfanStovy
05-19-2013, 02:41 PM
So i will be able to us Tebow and Harvin again sweet ?

steelerfan
05-20-2013, 01:00 AM
Understood, jaymo. No hope for 14, let's hope next gen changes things. :)

Jayrah
05-20-2013, 01:58 AM
But that's my point Steeler. The fact they dropped the FCS license was what disappointed me as I was holding out hope that FCS would make it back in this year.
Then on this we will agree to disagree. A good portion of teams schedule FCS every year. I like the added "realism" of being able to schedule JMU over "FCS East." Back on PS2 I would schedule an FCS/Div II school every season just to add to the variety and experience. If people such as yourself don't want to schedule FCS I have no problem with that. However, there are a good portion of us that miss this feature from PS2 days.
Yeah I hear ya. Guess I just hate the 70-0 shilacking

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 11:01 AM
The good thing about next gen, you will be able to do more, and hopefully the PS3 is not tied down by the 360 (because the game has to have the same content). Little things like crowd, sidelines, etc. should be doable with next gen. Hopefully the 360 specs are up to par with the PS4 specs. If they're better , then DAMN cuz the PS4 specs are nice.

Jayrah
05-20-2013, 08:26 PM
The good thing about next gen, you will be able to do more, and hopefully the PS3 is not tied down by the 360 (because the game has to have the same content). Little things like crowd, sidelines, etc. should be doable with next gen. Hopefully the 360 specs are up to par with the PS4 specs. If they're better , then DAMN cuz the PS4 specs are nice.
You mean the 720? ;)

JBHuskers
05-21-2013, 12:03 AM
You mean the 720? ;)

Yeah, or whatever the hell they will call it :infinity:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GatorfanStovy
05-21-2013, 09:56 PM
The new name is Xbox One people

Jayrah
05-24-2013, 05:11 PM
The new name is Xbox One people