PDA

View Full Version : Petition for a True Broadcast Cam

Tarheel
05-01-2013, 09:35 AM
How in the world is this cam a "hybrid" between broadcast, sky and blimp? This does not even resemble a broadcast camera AT ALL.

If you want a true broadcast cam, please state it in this thread.

Tarheel.

p.s. let's be civil so this is not closed.

souljahbill
05-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm all for it for the sake of other people but no way in Hell would I ever play from a side angle.

Deuce
05-01-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm all for it for the sake of other people but no way in Hell would I ever play from a side angle.

:+1:

ram29jackson
05-01-2013, 02:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0

xMrHitStickx904
05-01-2013, 04:16 PM
There's no way in hell I'm playing from the side angle. Tried it on NCAA 04, never again.

CLW
05-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Can we try the new angles 1st before complaining? I cannot possibly see ever using a "Tecmo Bowl" view either.

bdoughty
05-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Can we try the new angles 1st before complaining? I cannot possibly see ever using a "Tecmo Bowl" view either.

Yeah passing and pass defense are simply guesswork in a broadcast came with the current games. I mean with Tecmo bowl the coverage AI was pretty much limited to stand there and let receiver run past you or cover them, do one or the other before receiver goes ten yards.

natetcu
05-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Watch a game from broadcast view and tell me which receivers are open during passing plays. I don't know how many times i have watched a game and wondered if they are not trying to go deep or it is just covered. I am all for having it in the game, but it is really only for "coach mode."

Jayrah
05-01-2013, 05:15 PM
It's a DYNAMIC camera. At least wait to see what the dynamics are before petitioning...

Tarheel
05-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Repeat. This is only a petition thread.

Jayrah
05-01-2013, 10:30 PM
It's a DYNAMIC camera. At least wait to see what the dynamics are before petitioning...

Repeat. This is only a petition thread.
Repeat, I only said petition...

Tarheel
05-02-2013, 12:50 AM
I'm just addressing the comments in general....chill. I don't understand why those with zero interest care to comment anyway.

morsdraconis
05-02-2013, 04:53 AM
Because you're petitioning for something that most likely has next to zero support from 95% of the gamers that play the game; not to mention you're doing it without knowing the specifics of the camera angles that they just added to the game.

Tarheel
05-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Because you're petitioning for something that most likely has next to zero support from 95% of the gamers that play the game; not to mention you're doing it without knowing the specifics of the camera angles that they just added to the game.

This is exactly what I'm saying. This thread is not for you. Why don't you just move on. This is not a debate thread.

ram29jackson
05-02-2013, 01:12 PM
This is exactly what I'm saying. This thread is not for you. Why don't you just move on. This is not a debate thread.

every thread is for Mors

CLW
05-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Perhaps this thread is in the wrong location. It seems to me that "Petition(s)" do NOT belong in the NCAA "General Discussion" (For general discussion in regards to NCAA Football) portion of the forums. Rather, they seem more appropriate for the "Wishlist & Feedback" (What would you like to see added to the NCAA Football franchise? Share your thoughts with the world.)

​Just sayin'

bdoughty
05-02-2013, 03:50 PM
I vote we start a petition to petition against petition threads.

JBHuskers
05-02-2013, 03:53 PM

I think we already did that :D

CLW
05-02-2013, 04:01 PM

We did and it was held that only TGT's resident lawyer could post "official" threads or "petition" for anything. In fact, petitioning for anything w/o a law license could cause you people to end up in serious trouble. :nod:

bdoughty
05-02-2013, 04:02 PM

Yeah, I just visited the off-topic forum. Apparently today is batshit crazy day and I did not get the meme, memo.

Tarheel
05-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Ha.The truth is though, this is all I want. I never bi/ or moan when people ask for other stuff I don't use. If it doesn't interest me I move on. In the end, I pay money like any other customer.

bdoughty
05-02-2013, 04:05 PM
We did and it was held that only TGT's resident lawyer could post "official" threads or "petition" for anything. In fact, petitioning for anything w/o a law license could cause you people to end up in serious trouble. :nod:

We have reached Michelle Bachmann levels of batshit crazy now. Someone get the sedatives, ASAP.

CLW
05-02-2013, 04:06 PM
We have reached Michelle Bachmann levels of batshit crazy now. Someone get the sedatives, ASAP.

It's a SLOW day for those few TGTers that are actually employed. :nod:

bdoughty
05-02-2013, 04:09 PM
I never bi

Odd you would need to share that with us and I am sure RAM will be disappointed by this news.

Tarheel
05-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Odd you would need to share that with us and I am sure RAM will be disappointed by this news.
ok.....:confused::confused:

Jayrah
05-02-2013, 05:19 PM
I think the overall point is, you're early on the request. At least wait till you see what you don't like about this camera before "petitioning" for a new one. Maybe you'll love it, maybe you'll have a suggestion for it the way it is. Once you get an idea of WHY you want a "true" broadcast cam, bring that to the table. It would be received with a lot of constructive ideas I'm sure.

steelerfan
05-02-2013, 07:18 PM
I love all the videos on youtube of men getting dumbass women to sign petitions to end Women's Suffrage. :D

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

Tarheel
05-02-2013, 07:55 PM
I think the overall point is, you're early on the request. At least wait till you see what you don't like about this camera before "petitioning" for a new one. Maybe you'll love it, maybe you'll have a suggestion for it the way it is. Once you get an idea of WHY you want a "true" broadcast cam, bring that to the table. It would be received with a lot of constructive ideas I'm sure.

Huh?I don't need to wait to ask for a preference.

ram29jackson
05-02-2013, 10:05 PM

you're the one that pushes for *** rights, not me. :P

JBHuskers
05-02-2013, 11:29 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/GIFS/abe-simpson-gif.gif

bdoughty
05-03-2013, 12:17 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/GIFS/abe-simpson-gif.gif

:D Probably for the best.

steelerfan
05-03-2013, 02:17 AM
Can this be called The Everything Thread??

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

LeeSO
05-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Pic removed. IDK how to delete posts. Carry on.

Jayrah
05-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Huh?I don't need to wait to ask for a preference.How do you know your preference? You haven't seen the new cams...

steelerfan
05-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Test.

Ok, making sure this was working in case I decide to sign the petition.

Carry on.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

SmoothPancakes
05-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Test.

Ok, making sure this was working in case I decide to sign the petition.

Carry on.

:D

Will that be an official signature?

:D :D :D

Rudy
05-03-2013, 11:24 PM
How do you know your preference? You haven't seen the new cams...

The new cams are all vertical. He wants a side scroller that provides a view like you see on TV. Hardly a crazy request, especially since Madden has had a broadcast camera for a couple years.

I honestly don't see why some of you guys are so petty that you can't understand the op. instead the thread is cluttered with useless nonsense when it's a reasonable request that would not require much work given Madden has the code already. Just let the op make his point. If you don't agree just say so or ignore the thread. I see no reason to derail it the way it has.

SmoothPancakes
05-04-2013, 12:17 AM
The new cams are all vertical. He wants a side scroller that provides a view like you see on TV. Hardly a crazy request, especially since Madden has had a broadcast camera for a couple years.

I honestly don't see why some of you guys are so petty that you can't understand the op. instead the thread is cluttered with useless nonsense when it's a reasonable request that would not require much work given Madden has the code already. Just let the op make his point. If you don't agree just say so or ignore the thread. I see no reason to derail it the way it has.

Well, for me, I thought he was just complaining about the new broadcast cam being introduced, not that he wanted a side scroller. Nowhere in any of his posts did I read anything to do with a side scroller.

Though that brings up the question, how the hell can people play like that? Basketball and hockey are one thing, since they're mostly dynamic and fewer players. Football, trying to find the right hole as a running back, while viewing it from the side, etc, no way in hell could I ever manage that. I wouldn't even be able to reorient myself when it comes to stick directions.

bdoughty
05-04-2013, 05:07 AM

Lighten up. The new guy creates a petition thread and makes demands about it being a petition thread only. As if petitions really work, especially on a sports gaming forum. Should have just made a comment in a proper thread.

This is why many forums have limitations on starting threads for newcomers.

Rudy
05-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Though that brings up the question, how the hell can people play like that? Basketball and hockey are one thing, since they're mostly dynamic and fewer players. Football, trying to find the right hole as a running back, while viewing it from the side, etc, no way in hell could I ever manage that. I wouldn't even be able to reorient myself when it comes to stick directions.

I think some guys just want it for Coach mode. Call plays and watch.

I'd like to give a side scroller a shot again like Tecmo. There are a few issues with it. Maddens broadcast camera angle is too low. You can't see the holes IMO.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden/madden13broadcastcamera.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden/madden13broadcastcamera.jpg.html)

The angle needs to be a top down angle (which isn't true broadcast either).

I think this angle would be really good if it zoomed in more on running plays. The old Tecmo angle was easy to run with but too hard to see downfield. This pic was from the failed PS1 Tecmo game.

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/tecmobowl.jpg

SmoothPancakes
05-04-2013, 06:27 AM
Yeah, coach mode would make it interesting to watch. Actually playing the game, I don't see how I could ever do it. Passing would be one thing, because it'd just be pressing the button to throw to the receiver, which would be easy to tell exactly who is the most open at any given moment (something you can't tell the second you snap the ball now, and that I like), but running, no way in hell would I ever be able to rush with a camera like that. I'd be going with muscle memory for moving the sticks around and my running back would look like a dumbass running in circles or going the wrong way on a play instead of hitting the hole.

jello1717
05-05-2013, 10:30 AM
I think some guys just want it for Coach mode. Call plays and watch.Well those guys already have a broadcast cam in NCAA '13.

morsdraconis
05-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Well those guys already have a broadcast cam in NCAA '13.

Thank you sir.

Tarheel
05-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Thanks Rudy.