PDA

View Full Version : Kotaku says EA skipping Tiger 15 to focus on Tiger 16 for two years

gschwendt
04-28-2013, 04:27 PM
http://kotaku.com/ea-sports-also-hurts-after-a-rough-week-of-painful-cuts-483860247

For if a series like Tiger Woods PGA Tour is put on hiatus, even for a year, then everything is on the table. I have learned, from persons with knowledge of the series' development, that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 15 is not happening. On any platform. EA's plan was to outsource that edition of the game, to give the in-house team two years to make Tiger Woods 16, taking advantage of all the PS4 and the next Xbox would have to offer. When CEO John Riccitiello gave his resignation last month, that plan was scrapped as a cost-saving move. The game hasn't been reassigned to the Tiger Woods team, either. Some of its personnel already have been sent to other teams in the EA Tiburon studio for the time being.

countryboy
04-28-2013, 04:37 PM
I have always thought that Tiger Woods should be released every two years, and that they should release new courses/players via DLC in the off year.

If this turns out to be true, then TW16 could be the first TW game I've purchased in a few years.

bdoughty
04-28-2013, 05:53 PM
I like the two year cycle, also it gives a competitor an opportunity to jump into that open year and see if they can make a splash. Also it should eliminate seeing some bastardized next gen game with only six licensed courses, like TW06 on the 360.

CLW
04-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Honestly, this game hasn't changed all that much since the PS2 days. IMHO, they should release one game next-gen and then update courses as DLC. Come out with a full blown online career/tour mode and call it a decade.